Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > New leaked Skylanders from fritolays site
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
New leaked Skylanders from fritolays site [CLOSED]
Donatron Green Sparx Gems: 494
#51 Posted: 21:26:15 24/02/2014
To be honest, I can't tell the difference between the SSA/SG and SSF character designs.
---
Activate: Donatron | Xbox Live: The Donatron
SSA: 32/32 | SG: 16/16 | SSF: 28/32
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#52 Posted: 22:03:51 24/02/2014
Quote: Skylanders Dad
Yeah...It's a shell on the dolphin skylanders belt...which fits with water element....I'm calling coincidence the fact that a typical shell like that looks like the air symbol...Besides, they would be much more distinctive in showing the air symbol anyway.

Looks like Omanyte's Shell...
PRAISE THE HELIX
---
words. letters. filler.
frightrider64 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1744
#53 Posted: 22:04:20 24/02/2014
The new water guy reminds me of the story of Delphinius
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#54 Posted: 22:30:58 24/02/2014
That Undead girl slays so much!!
But the dragon looks so much like drobot!!
And they look so tiny *-*
---
i am trash
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:40:59 24/02/2014 by Takadox360
DocCroc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1668
#55 Posted: 23:20:41 24/02/2014
Really like the designs, they have a cute, sidekick-like look to them.
ProphetFlareon Red Sparx Gems: 56
#56 Posted: 00:30:32 25/02/2014
Notice the literal DRAGONfly has some sort of mask on. Masked superheroes? Skylanders Super Force?!?!?!?!
---
dito
"do work before you go on darkspyro" ~ some idiot
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#57 Posted: 00:50:07 25/02/2014
Well just for fun the names I came up with are Sonicscream, Batramancer and Plank Tank.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#58 Posted: 01:02:38 25/02/2014
The Wale guy: I like him if you look at his helmet he has water symbol on it but has an air symbol on it. Dual element? I can only wander...

The Bat girl: ......Yea your going into the bad categorysmilie

The Dragonfly: OMG this guy is amazing! He took what made Camo so good and extended it. He can FLY and has awsome googles. Yep Your in the top 5 and at #4 as well. When I first saw him I fell off my bed and stunned in his awesomeness. He is SO welcome in on my teamsmilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#59 Posted: 01:22:48 25/02/2014
What does the 5 mean?!?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#60 Posted: 01:34:06 25/02/2014
Quote: GigaCamo
The Wale guy: I like him if you look at his helmet he has water symbol on it but has an air symbol on it. Dual element? I can only wander...

The Bat girl: ......Yea your going into the amazing categorysmilie

The Dragonfly: OMG this guy is amazing! He took what made Camo so good and extended it. He can FLY and has awsome googles. Yep Your in the top 5 and at #4 as well. When I first saw him I fell off my bed and stunned in his awesomeness. He is SO welcome in on my teamsmilie

I fixed the bat girl to fit my opinion and the air element symbol is a sea shell
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Serenade Green Sparx Gems: 201
#61 Posted: 01:37:30 25/02/2014
Have to say i only like the DragonFly Skylander. Probably because my favorite Dragon-type Pokèmon is Flygon, and the reference is immediate smilie
Also, i support Drek's suggetion to name him Hive Five

The Devil-girl looks waaaaay too generic to me, and the Dolphin... mhe, it's really something that has already been done too much. I've personally had enough with Water Skylanders having such a melee-centric appearence (the only real exception being Gill Grunt and, hopefully, Punk Shock), i'd like to see something more versatile then another "fish with a weapon to swing around".
At least do something more creative, like Rip Tide or even Slam Bam.
Also, Thumpback vibes are strong in that one. Dolphins are almost etheral creatures to watch... i would have preferred something more on the line of a "acrobatic speedster" or "graceful watermancer" theme for a Dolphin-like Skylanders. Wash Buckler and Thumpback already handled the "fishy pirate" theme well enough

Let's call them, uhhhhh... Elizabat and Battlenose
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:43:54 25/02/2014 by Serenade
Slobbertooth123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#62 Posted: 01:48:19 25/02/2014
I named the dolphin: porpadash. I named the bat girl: baticane and I named the dragonfly drag fly. The names are not the greatest but I did give some great back stories for them.
---
Hey everyone exicted for trap team
DocCroc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1668
#63 Posted: 01:50:00 25/02/2014
I went with Dragster for the Dragonfly guy. Since his helmet/goggles reminds me of the gear old school drag racers used to wear and it's slightly punny...
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#64 Posted: 01:54:00 25/02/2014
Batilda for bat girl please vote if I make the final stage
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#65 Posted: 02:07:31 25/02/2014
I'm naming the bat-girl, Kamizot, after the Mayan bat god, Camazotz. As the name basically means "death bat".

As for the others I'm not super impressed. I like the designs alright, but nothing jumps out at me majorly.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#66 Posted: 02:11:52 25/02/2014
Name the Dragon Fly "Hive Five"
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Serenade Green Sparx Gems: 201
#67 Posted: 02:36:51 25/02/2014
Quote: GothamLord
I'm naming the bat-girl, Kamizot, after the Mayan bat god, Camazotz. As the name basically means "death bat".

This is Skylanders, don't get too high on the references. Better stick to the punz smilie
Now that i think of it... how about Bat Nox? Or Bat Knocks?
X3
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 02:43:55 25/02/2014 by Serenade
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#68 Posted: 03:12:01 25/02/2014
I can get as high on the references as I want personally. The joys of nicknaming the characters. I doubt we'll get any references nearly as intelligent when the choices get picked, but I can always hope for something beyond a bad pun.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#69 Posted: 04:11:27 25/02/2014
I named mine after an American Naval Hero.
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#70 Posted: 05:32:34 25/02/2014
Wow, these are UGLY!
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#71 Posted: 06:11:45 25/02/2014
The Undead Character looks like a young Maleficent (Disney)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Aw-XMYBeIQ
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#72 Posted: 07:26:43 25/02/2014
Vampnado for the 2nd one.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Baron Sharpfin Green Sparx Gems: 417
#73 Posted: 09:20:53 25/02/2014
I'm not disapointed at all, these three all look so fantastic to me, I'm naturally drawn to them. I do like how they look somewhat like babies as someone else said, maybe they are gonna introduce elements of "evolving" or something?
---
smilie Fear the Fish
Thepokeman Blue Sparx Gems: 590
#74 Posted: 09:39:08 25/02/2014
I have a name for the dragon fly but I'm gonna enter the comp so...
Tupelo Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#75 Posted: 20:11:19 25/02/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Yea, I know, but still, SW designs seemed more "mature" than SSA/Giant's designs.

I agree, way more swap force figures appeal to me as an adult player. Toys for bob actually has a very different style. In my opinion. I wish they weren't doing the new game. considering they've already done 2, and they are basically re doing their already existing characters. Wheres the originality??
lesty Yellow Sparx Gems: 1239
#76 Posted: 20:40:26 25/02/2014
Quote: Matteomax
Quote: GhostRoaster
Looks like they're going with the small skylanders this time...they all look like babies. Surprised no one has said that.

Yeah, I noticed that a while ago. Even more rumors.

Nano Force, maybe?

I agree.
If it's some kind of skylander babies thing, I think it's going to be silly.
Someone might have thought the sidekicks were so popular that
They could build a series out of the same idea.
Maybe offspring of specific skylanders?

Hope I'm wrong.
j32bass Yellow Sparx Gems: 1842
#77 Posted: 22:50:56 25/02/2014
I went with Speed buggy, Vecromancer (was thinking maybe Vexromancer?), and Spouticus.

Speed Buggy has a passion for racing. He has raced in the marshes of Skylands his whole life and has never been beaten. Eon took note of his extraordinary speed and recruited him.

Vecromancer is the teenage daughter of an Underlord who ran away from home along with her pets in search of her one true love. Unfortunately, her father turned him into a bat to keep them separated. She wandered Skylands in search of him in vain until Master Eon found her. She became a Skylander to spite her father and as a form of rebellion.

Spouticus protects the underwater world that he loves with a soundwave blast from his water-spout that is so powerful it can take down an entire pirate ship! He then uses whats left of the pirate ship to take down everything else.
---
Thinkin' 'bout droppin' out.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#78 Posted: 23:37:39 25/02/2014
Quote: Drek95
Yes! I knew it! TfB did it! These looks like the good old characters from Spyro's Adventure and Giants! Not that the Swap Force characters are bad... They just look different. The elements seems to be Water (for the dolphin), Undead (for the bat witch girl) and Life (for the dragonfly-dragon hybrid)
I thought of some names for them: feel free to use them, since I can't join the contest.
- Tooth Terror, Finley
- Mist Ery, Fog Fear
- Hive Five, Sparks

I do agree a bit. The characters seem to be going back to looking like Skylanders for this one, which suggest that VV actually did do designs for this. ...That being said, these designs seem a bit rehashed. They don't seem to offer anything really new to the roster.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#79 Posted: 23:44:06 25/02/2014
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
Wow, these are UGLY!

I agree with you, but it seems most people like them.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#80 Posted: 23:49:22 25/02/2014
Is there an actual prize if your name gets picked for the contest?
eruptshake137 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1436
#81 Posted: 23:51:46 25/02/2014
Yep, a 100,000$ scholarship.
---
Prepare for trouble. Make it double.

CATS
#82 Posted: 23:52:30 25/02/2014
Okay. I'm kind of tempted to submit an entry, but... It seems like a bit of responsibility for me. I'm not sure what I'd do with a scholarship without plans of actually going to college, and the "Prize Package" I'm not sure I want, either.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:55:30 25/02/2014 by MugoUrth
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#83 Posted: 00:22:45 26/02/2014
I have to disagree in referring to the "good ol' characters" look as in a way I do see them a little nice but there was something about the better look of the swap force ones that was more of a draw. If you go back to too much familiarity then it's easy to get bored with it. The bat girl has been overused simply from hex and they need to think more outside of the box. The whale kid what it seems to be is like that as well. The dragonfly is the most appealing and I left a name for him but in the end I think the whole reason they are taking more time on game info this time around is they are having a hard time seeing where to take it next. I don't think this one will be very good at all and do that well. Could be looking at the end after this.

Quote: Tupelo
Yea, I know, but still, SW designs seemed more "mature" than SSA/Giant's designs.

I agree, way more swap force figures appeal to me as an adult player. Toys for bob actually has a very different style. In my opinion. I wish they weren't doing the new game. considering they've already done 2, and they are basically re doing their already existing characters. Wheres the originality??

This mostly for what was said.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:31:46 26/02/2014 by tigerdr
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#84 Posted: 00:54:40 26/02/2014
Quote: tigerdr
I have to disagree in referring to the "good ol' characters" look as in a way I do see them a little nice but there was something about the better look of the swap force ones that was more of a draw. If you go back to too much familiarity then it's easy to get bored with it. The bat girl has been overused simply from hex and they need to think more outside of the box. The whale kid what it seems to be is like that as well. The dragonfly is the most appealing and I left a name for him but in the end I think the whole reason they are taking more time on game info this time around is they are having a hard time seeing where to take it next. I don't think this one will be very good at all and do that well. Could be looking at the end after this.

Quote: Tupelo

This mostly for what was said.

You think the next game will flop without even seeing the actual game?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#85 Posted: 01:39:45 26/02/2014
I don't think this one will be very good at all and do that well. Could be looking at the end after this.

Actually, I think this will be a mini reboot of sorts. I think this will be the best one YET. I've seen the TfB graphic designers and engineers in action and I think my mind...will...be...blown...away.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#86 Posted: 01:49:08 26/02/2014
I don't think this one will be very good at all and do that well. Could be looking at the end after this.

Actually, I think this will be a mini reboot of sorts. I think this will be the best one YET. I've seen the TfB graphic designers and engineers in action and I think my mind...will...be...blown...away.

Do you mean this or is this sarcasm?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#87 Posted: 01:50:59 26/02/2014

It was a cheeky response, but I mean it.

I have faith in TfB...and frankly VV earned their stars as well. What will hold this game back is Activision's adversity to taking risk. The very company responsible in helping it be successful will eventually be responsible for holding it back. Let's hope it's not now.

Now, as Lou Studdard says in the videos...they aren't going to change the target market in this game...so we shouldn't expect the franchise to become more mature---but I do expect continued innovation---preferably on both sides (both characters and game). I think most people are asking for more of a game change but we'll see. Activision is totally fine with folks leaving the franchise as they expect to gain those with new kids (ie new portal masters) coming onto the scene.

So, I hope they balance the change to ALLOW the "ancients" in this franchise to WANT to remain--THAT to me is the big question for #4.
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 02:01:33 26/02/2014 by GhostRoaster
#88 Posted: 01:58:36 26/02/2014

It was a cheeky response, but I mean it.

I have faith in TfB...and frankly VV earned their stars as well. What will hold this game back is Activision's adversity to taking risk. The very company responsible in helping it be successful will eventually be responsible for holding it back. Let's hope it's not now.

Now, as Lou Studdard says in the videos...they aren't going to change the target market in this game...so we shouldn't expect the franchise to become more mature---but I do expect continued innovation---preferably on both sides (both characters and game). I think most people are asking for more of a game change but we'll see.

Activision is totally fine with folks leaving the franchise as they expect to gain those with those new kids coming onto the scene.

I hope Acti doesn't hold TfB and VV down, Toys for Bob made a franchise that could last a very long time if they were allowed take risks with what they had. Skylanders, (if taken care of and not go down the Call of Duty route) could very well be the next Pokemon.
---
#89 Posted: 02:04:01 26/02/2014
I hope Acti doesn't hold TfB and VV down, Toys for Bob made a franchise that could last a very long time if they were allowed take risks with what they had. Skylanders, (if taken care of and not go down the Call of Duty route) could very well be the next Pokemon.

I don't disagree...but money and the need for it will eventually cloud the creative process. Nothing remains on top forever. Based on videos I've seen with Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg I really think he gets it and you'll hear him BACK OFF of the creative folks at TfB and allow them to "do their thing." He understands that need for balancing creativity with corporate need. Once this balance is broken all bets are off.

---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:13:53 26/02/2014 by GhostRoaster
#90 Posted: 02:14:28 26/02/2014

I don't disagree...but money and the need for it will eventually cloud the creative process. Nothing remains on top forever. Based on videos I've seen with Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg I really think he gets it and you'll hear him BACK OFF of the creative folks at TfB and allow them to "do their thing." He understands that need for creative balance with corporate need. Once this balance is broken all bets are off.

He does seem to think that there needs to be a balance. He doesn't seem greedy either, it actually looks like he wants more creativity put in to the game tan money come out of the game.
---
#91 Posted: 02:21:15 26/02/2014
I wouldn't go that far...Activision has a multi billion dollar franchise for a reason. All I'm saying is that allowing their toy and game developers/creator teams being creative and thinking out of the box is critical (more so than just a game company developing a game because of the toy aspect). I just hope they are allowed to push the envelope of the current formula.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:22:20 26/02/2014 by GhostRoaster
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#92 Posted: 02:47:28 26/02/2014

You think the next game will flop without even seeing the actual game?

It's more of the depreciation of the series as a whole. Three games in and you will get many in who have played this start to dwindle in playing this. Mostly the much younger players will be into this much longer. Going into a trilogy in such a short time most would have their fill. It all depends how they approach the fourth game, but seeing as how there is more time taken compared to before shows that the steam is starting to wind down. I think there's too much pressure for a release every year and it shows by these reveals that too many characters are going to be too similar and there is going to be excessive burn out much like the guitar hero series has been.

Yes they are worth two billion at the moment but remember that means they have saturated a market already at the same time. Each year you are going to lose buyers as they cut down stock of figures due to how many they already own. I would imagine that even though they are reporting that high numbers that there is actually less people buying swap force and there is going to be even much less come a fourth go. I would factor in that there is more expensive figures this year than last for instance.

I don't see the fact of them going a direction to increase chapters that would give more game play though the graphics was set in the right direction. Swap force I haven't finished yet and while it looks nice, the chapters are too long and the ones in giants and adventure had about the right length. Unless they really make an online aspect via co op or something with that measure there just isn't a means to impress on it.

They are banking on a gimmick every year and it just shows after so many that while the designs of these characters are nice, the elements are overused. Could all they come up with is another lady similar to hex and someone close to either Thumpback or Riptide or wash buckler, really?

A younger gamer will approach the series as intended and be like oh hey another game while the older gamer would love to see the potential if they scaled it back from yearly and do maybe bi yearly. That way it is not too much too soon. Either that or scale back on how many figures they attempt to make a year as to not burn out the creative process. I feel part of the corporate factor plays in here that they are trying for a quota to have more figures for people to buy with the gimmick of the year.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
#93 Posted: 03:18:15 26/02/2014
Considering the game is for the 6-10 year old market...the average number of games that any kid would buy would be one or two if on bi-annual basis. I actually think they are COUNTING on turnover to replinish the buyers who have grown "too old" for it or older gamers like myself who are "burned out".

If you saw the FGTV video with Lou Studdard it basically repels every argument you now make. They don't CARE if we get burned out--they are going to target their target audience and they expect turnover due to fatigue, age etc. They are not going to change direction, cater to the different audiences that now enjoy the franchise. And they aren't going to "grow" with the original audience that fell in love with SSA.

Go to 11:17.

Btw I am in favor of a bi-annual release, less figures etc...but they aren't making the game for collectors who "want them all", the 20 year old - 60 year old crowd who have unique demands...no---it's the 6-10 year old.

You remember Doug from Up? Yeah---that's the equivalent of the target market.

[User Posted Image]

Squirrel.
---
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 03:34:31 26/02/2014 by GhostRoaster
ProphetFlareon Red Sparx Gems: 56
#94 Posted: 04:08:58 26/02/2014
Getting a little off topic here, guys....

Anyway, I named the little dragonfly dragon Sonic Buzz.... Don't expect to win... but who knows? I have a few better ideas for Batgirl and totallynotthumpbackguyswepromise, but I won't reveal them :3

Sonic Buzz was hatched as the offspring of a dragonfly and a dragon. Known as the fastest flyer in the Crawly Woods, Sonic Buzz was the champion of every race. But when trolls raided and burned down the forest, Sonic Buzz struck back, at blinding speeds. This came to the attention of Master Eon, who asked Sonic Buzz to be a Skylander. Sonic Buzz accepted, hoping to find his friends and family while helping the Skylands.
---
dito
"do work before you go on darkspyro" ~ some idiot
#95 Posted: 04:28:37 26/02/2014
I do have a name thought up for the dolphin, but... I'm neither sure whether I want to actually enter, nor do I have a good idea why he's called what I thought up.
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#96 Posted: 05:23:37 26/02/2014
I like these designs, but they just don't look like Skylanders to me, the last game I had played was Giants, and the designs there were great. These are just ok.

Oh god, I think I have become a Skylander genwunner.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#97 Posted: 12:53:28 26/02/2014
Gotta be honest,Dragonfly guy has a design that's better than the Swaplanders all at once.Say what you will about how they took the archetypes up to eleven,but they were anything but mature,they were lazy.While this guy is far from original(hello Yanmega),his design just has a flow that feels fresh even if the leaf textures from Camo were reused. Batgirl reminds me too much of Smolderdash,but that depends if her legs are really a hurricane of bats or that's just to show off her power. Dolphin dude managed to repeat Thumpback's theme and still looking somewhat new,with the rock gauntlets and the nordic-themed sword.
I might suggest some names in a thread later for those who don't know what to submit/ideas for backstory,since I can't enter(Frito Lay doesn't exist in my country,so I guess it's kind of fair) but I really want to help.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:53:50 26/02/2014 by Bifrost
tvih Green Sparx Gems: 425
#98 Posted: 15:17:12 26/02/2014
Don't really like the dolphin at all. The head looks blegh. Also it is of course similar in many ways to Terrafin and Thumpback, but that in itself isn't so bad.
#99 Posted: 22:25:46 26/02/2014
Quote: Bifrost
Gotta be honest,Dragonfly guy has a design that's better than the Swaplanders all at once.Say what you will about how they took the archetypes up to eleven,but they were anything but mature,they were lazy.While this guy is far from original(hello Yanmega),his design just has a flow that feels fresh even if the leaf textures from Camo were reused. Batgirl reminds me too much of Smolderdash,but that depends if her legs are really a hurricane of bats or that's just to show off her power. Dolphin dude managed to repeat Thumpback's theme and still looking somewhat new,with the rock gauntlets and the nordic-themed sword.
I might suggest some names in a thread later for those who don't know what to submit/ideas for backstory,since I can't enter(Frito Lay doesn't exist in my country,so I guess it's kind of fair) but I really want to help.

Ugly is more like it, really. I still don't know what they were thinking with Stink Bomb. He looks like he came out of the 4Kids version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Plus, skunks aren't that hard to do. That it came out so ugly is just... Yuck.

Also, I actually kind of think the dolphin's the most original looking one. The bug looks like a mix between Camo and Drobot, and the witch just seems like another magic witch user that's been done several times. And the tornado she is riding on reminds me greatly of my own Skylander OC, Miss Squall. With the dolphin, I didn't even think of Thumpback until others brought it up. I'm still not sure it does resemble him.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#100 Posted: 22:39:33 26/02/2014
I just noticed this three have dual elements :0

Dolphin Water and Air

Bat lady Undead and Air(dat tornado)

Camo-drobot Tech and air

Whaddya think
---
My life is complete.
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me