First | Previous | Page 5 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Skylanders 4 is a 'Game-Changer'
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#201 Posted: 00:49:33 22/03/2014
Quote: Rattlebuckler
they will never cancel it on the wii if you look at the statistics it and the xbox 360 has sold more starter packs on thoes two systems than any other one besides the ps4 xbox1 and the wiiu are garbage

The Wii has been outdated since it came out, and whilst it had the motion control appeal back in 2007, that phase has passed. Publishers only published for the Wii because it was the top selling system, but now Wii owners are finding themselves with low quality ports of games designed for the PS3 and 360. Swap Force was a perfect example of this, and it was kind of a wake up call for a lot of people that they might need to consider upgrading.

Doesn't have to be anything fancy either, you could get an Xbox 360 Arcade (the cheapest model - it was even cheaper than the Wii when it launched) that'll play any version of Skylanders just fine.

And whilst the PS4, XBO and Wii U might be "garbage" in your opinion, they're the newest generation of system and Activision would be foolish to abandon them now. Just because the lowest selling versions of the games were on new systems doesn't mean they shouldn't release them on those systems, it means not as many people own these new systems... Because they're new.
Rattlebuckler Gold Sparx Gems: 2298
#202 Posted: 03:23:37 22/03/2014
what is with every body and their rants on the wii and besides it depends on the developer like vv did not want any dealings with the wii where tfb does beside activison would not get rid of the starter pack cash cow such as the wii that would be stupid even youtubers think the next gen systems are garbage
---
We’re 106 miles from Chicago we got a full tank of gas a half a pack of cigarettes it’s dark and we’re wearing sunglasses hit it -blues brothers
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#203 Posted: 03:28:29 22/03/2014
Enough with the new console bashings, Rattlebuckler... smilie We don't want any console wars.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:29:00 22/03/2014 by Aura24
#204 Posted: 03:35:55 22/03/2014
all i am saying is wii and xbox 360 are the starter pack cash cows besides i did not start it in the first place if you bad mouth the wii then you are going to have a fight with me
---
We’re 106 miles from Chicago we got a full tank of gas a half a pack of cigarettes it’s dark and we’re wearing sunglasses hit it -blues brothers
#205 Posted: 03:53:09 22/03/2014
You need to learn how to accept other people's opinions and not bash them.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#206 Posted: 04:10:14 22/03/2014
i am not bashing anybodys opinons and lets see when i got gnorched for the first time it was because somebody can't take a joke and they insulted and their the ones who should of got gnorched but there to buddy buddy with you to gnorch you jag
---
#207 Posted: 04:23:24 22/03/2014
You're not making sense at all.
---
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#208 Posted: 05:56:26 22/03/2014
Back on topic...I'm not going to buy into the hype with this one. It's fun to collect the toys, and fun to find a bargain and a means to display them all. But there's little to do with the toys once the game is 100% completed until the next title unless you have a tablet or similar, and I feel that's what this game needed. Universe was, indeed, silly but you know what? It was still cute and fun enough to just play and enjoy your skylanders like virtual pets. I want to see more of that.

If I dive into 4, it'll be with caution. I don't see a reason to collect reposes, and the sheer number of alter-ego variants has gotten to the point of overkill with this last game, especially since many are name and appearance only differences. On top of that a lot of the reposes with a good new attack already have an alter-ego counterpart, making them...kinda redundant? Why buy Big Bang Trigger Happy when you can get Springtime instead?

I do see the day when this tanks, and becomes the next Guitar Hero. I don't see a reason to spend all of this money online for chase variants and catching them all isn't going to happen with more and more employee ones popping up. In ten year's time, most of these will be going cheap, either because the RFID chips finally die or the game isn't supported in any way by current consoles.

That's more or less how it goes. Bring your game changer folks, but I've heard that song and dance before.
#209 Posted: 09:09:49 22/03/2014
what is with every body and their rants on the wii and besides it depends on the developer like vv did not want any dealings with the wii where tfb does beside activison would not get rid of the starter pack cash cow such as the wii that would be stupid even youtubers think the next gen systems are garbage

I think people are finding it difficult to take you seriously when you claim "they shouldn't drop support for the Wii" and your only argument is "every other system sucks". Multiple people have given you very fair, reasonable reasons as to why the Wii version will most likely become unsupported in future versions of the game. and you don't seem to have addressed any of what everyone has said and continue your baseless opinions that make no sense in the context of business.

You might think that Activision wouldn't drop Wii support because it's the biggest selling version of the game, but if that was the case then they'd never drop Wii support. But this isn't true, because someday every console will be dropped and replaced with a newer one and the Wii has had it's time - even Nintendo are dropping support for the Wii.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#210 Posted: 19:31:50 22/03/2014
My opinion on those who bash systems for no reason what so ever, or for stupid reasons, are just too broke to afford said systems, so they assure themselves that those systems suck.

I am guilty of this when I was young. I always made fun of Genesis and it's 8 color pallet, compared to Super Nintendo's 32,500 color pallet. I was being a biased fanboy due to my broke nature, so I bashed a system that had fun games. However, once I could afford to own every system, I started acting like a gamer.

My definition of a gamer is someone who embraces the games each system plays, rather than look at the systems themselves. EVERY system has something worth owning that system for. In my eyes, anyone who has bashed a system, probably -

1: Does not own it
2: Can't afford to own it
3: Are so biased toward a certain system, they became a hardcore fanboy, and blindly defend said system while not even getting paid to do so

I pity those kind of gamers (who I call wannabe gamers).

If Wii can get Skylanders 4, more power to Activision and the Wii system. Why do I care? I don't. It reaches more people, while also allowing a legacy system (ie a previous generation system) to continue to expand its library. I will still buy a copy of Skylanders on each system, but had I not owned that system, I wouldn't needlessly bash it out of sheer stupidity, just because I was too biased toward one system.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#211 Posted: 20:47:39 22/03/2014
Didn't they already say that, from Swap Force on, they will drop the Wii for future Skylanders games?
Something related to graphics downgrading and general performances, if I remember well...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#212 Posted: 15:27:22 23/03/2014
probably but I wouldn't not be surprised if they do a wii version again because it's not the first time when actvision publish a port for an older console
---
THE END IS NEAR
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#213 Posted: 19:18:30 23/03/2014
Quote: Kung Fu Man
If I dive into 4, it'll be with caution. I don't see a reason to collect reposes, and the sheer number of alter-ego variants has gotten to the point of overkill with this last game, especially since many are name and appearance only differences. On top of that a lot of the reposes with a good new attack already have an alter-ego counterpart, making them...kinda redundant? Why buy Big Bang Trigger Happy when you can get Springtime instead?

This.
I may not bother buying many of the new cores either (except for the dragonfly and any other new dragon based Skylander, if there'll be any). I'm mainly gonna focus on buying any gimmick figure that I'll need to get 100% which hopefully won't be as many as Swap Force. I don't even buy every character and I'm still running almost out of storage space for my figures. >.<
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#214 Posted: 20:38:07 23/03/2014
Quote: Kung Fu Man
That's more or less how it goes. Bring your game changer folks, but I've heard that song and dance before.

Not sure when the "big reveal" is, but we'll see. I hope there are core gameplay changes in addition to the toy innovation. Frankly, I'd be fine with NO toy innovation and concentrate on gameplay changes this go round.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
bilbobagins3 Gold Sparx Gems: 2869
#215 Posted: 21:21:10 23/03/2014
Obviously we know at minimum there will be 8 new characters with at least 1 from each element. I would have been more interested in them simply adding 1 or 2 new elements with 6-8 characters for each, and then reposing any of the 26 characters currently without a wow pow.

I think we know based on Swap Force that more series 3 characters wouldn't be a shock, but if we get any series 4 or something dumb like series 2 Lightcore, I may have to start passing on a lot more figures.

I am really hoping we get 8 or 16 new characters (another 32 would be a stretch) and 16 reposes, preferably all series 2.
---
I collect way more than just Skylanders and other video games, check it out.

http://ryanwm1.filmaf.com/
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#216 Posted: 00:16:14 24/03/2014
I think, at least based on pictures but it's still a big speculation, the we'll have at least 2 new characters per element; we still don't know if Ranger (the blue lizard) and the Undead Giant are Skylanders, but if they are, then we would also have the dolphin and the bat-girl, for Water and Undead.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#217 Posted: 04:15:07 24/03/2014
when you guys said i was bashing systems i sorta was and sorta was not i was also looking at it from a buisneis stand point the wii makes up most of the starter pack profits which is half the profit margin so why would they hack off a system that makes most of their money on the starter packs and to prove my point all yu have to do is look at the starter pack statistics from the last three years
---
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#218 Posted: 04:19:09 24/03/2014
The wii did sell a lot but even nintendo is phasing it out. When the maker is jumping ship that others will follow and I am curious how well the wii actually did with swap force, especially how many parents will buy the 4th when the 3rd was horrible with bugs and glitches.
#219 Posted: 04:20:38 24/03/2014
not a lot of bugs just a couple so i still think that they will do skylanders 4 onwii
---
#220 Posted: 04:23:15 24/03/2014
How well did the back end patch worK that they pushed a few months ago? Im ps3. Last I heard people were having glitches a few minutes in to game play but recently people have been messing with changing the output to HD
#221 Posted: 04:56:26 24/03/2014
in mine there was no gliches but i think it is where the wii had abeenox and their not used to working on the wii but tfb is working on the next one so gliches should be worked out
---
#222 Posted: 05:36:24 24/03/2014
It might not even be toys for bobs choice activision might say no wii. It would really take more research into other activision titles coming out soon to see if any of them support the wii or if anybody is even making any more long term wii games
#223 Posted: 06:13:06 24/03/2014
Yeah, Activision is calling the shots when it comes to consoles.
---
#224 Posted: 08:47:14 24/03/2014
when you guys said i was bashing systems i sorta was and sorta was not i was also looking at it from a buisneis stand point the wii makes up most of the starter pack profits which is half the profit margin so why would they hack off a system that makes most of their money on the starter packs and to prove my point all yu have to do is look at the starter pack statistics from the last three years

As I said, if they kept supporting the Wii because it's the top selling system they'd probably never drop Wii support. But we know this won't happen, and history has told us this. You can be almost certain that any game that had a PS2 release sold more copies on the PS2 than any other system and (eventually) everyone dropped support for the PS2.

Activision will be hoping that they'll make up the lack of Wii sales in PS4 and XBO sales, since last year they were new systems that almost no one had. I understand your logic completely but they simply cant afford to support the system forever; especially when even Nintendo have stopped supporting it.
#225 Posted: 13:51:38 24/03/2014
Quote: bionicle2809

As I said, if they kept supporting the Wii because it's the top selling system they'd probably never drop Wii support. But we know this won't happen, and history has told us this. You can be almost certain that any game that had a PS2 release sold more copies on the PS2 than any other system and (eventually) everyone dropped support for the PS2.

Activision will be hoping that they'll make up the lack of Wii sales in PS4 and XBO sales, since last year they were new systems that almost no one had. I understand your logic completely but they simply cant afford to support the system forever; especially when even Nintendo have stopped supporting it.

Wii had the lions share of the Skylanders market. They will have Wii as a platform until the numbers shore up on other platforms. Wii U has done a poor job of marketing so it appears there's a gap in the market in terms of a "family console". Dare I say the concept of that is dead now?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#226 Posted: 14:04:42 24/03/2014
All the arguments about if they should/should not don't matter.

They barely got Swap Force shoe horned into the Wii, I doubt they will be able to get 4 in any reasonable state on that hardware.

Also remember that it's a lot of work and cost to develop for different platforms. If they are pushing to get PS4, XBone as well as WiiU, PS3 and 360 versions do they REALLY want a sixth console to support?

The Wii may have sold bucket loads of starter packs in the past but I think the financial burden of getting a sub-par game out that could damage their reputation will push it past the point of bothering.

They will NOT write this on the Wii and port it up, I can assure you of that. It would be suicide at this point to do so. They either have to put a lot of time and money into forcing it into the Wii or write it from scratch for the Wii, either way would cost a lot of time/money for the devs.

I love the Wii, I have one, I bought Skylanders on it. I do not however think that Skylanders 4 will or even should be on it.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#227 Posted: 14:19:59 24/03/2014
The Wii U is going to increase in sales when Smash Bros U is released. It's the most anticipated game of the year. That'll be a helpful factor.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#228 Posted: 14:20:48 24/03/2014
ghost roaster that is exactly right wiiu bareily has any markiting to back it up and most of the people who have the ps4 and xbox 1 do not play sylanders so heres probaly whats going to happen until the other systems can make up as much sales as the wii they are not going to drop it because it does have most of the starter pack profits
---
#229 Posted: 14:23:13 24/03/2014
Quote: Pyrofer
All the arguments about if they should/should not don't matter.

They barely got Swap Force shoe horned into the Wii, I doubt they will be able to get 4 in any reasonable state on that hardware.

Also remember that it's a lot of work and cost to develop for different platforms. If they are pushing to get PS4, XBone as well as WiiU, PS3 and 360 versions do they REALLY want a sixth console to support?

The Wii may have sold bucket loads of starter packs in the past but I think the financial burden of getting a sub-par game out that could damage their reputation will push it past the point of bothering.

They will NOT write this on the Wii and port it up, I can assure you of that. It would be suicide at this point to do so. They either have to put a lot of time and money into forcing it into the Wii or write it from scratch for the Wii, either way would cost a lot of time/money for the devs.

I love the Wii, I have one, I bought Skylanders on it. I do not however think that Skylanders 4 will or even should be on it.

While I agree that console consolidation is a must (they are developing to too many platforms) -- current sales is a predictor of future platforms. With that in mind, much to my chagrin, we'll have at least one more Wii port. I suspect it will be the last. And yes, it will be lackluster. But that's not the point. I'd personally prefer they "pull the band aid" and live and die on future platforms (I include 360/PS3 in that statement), but I fear their fear won't allow them to do that.

ghost roaster that is exactly right wiiu bareily has any markiting to back it up and most of the people who have the ps4 and xbox 1 do not play sylanders so heres probaly whats going to happen until the other systems can make up as much sales as the wii they are not going to drop it because it does have most of the starter pack profits

They really messed up the year lull before XBO/PS4 came out...many didn't even know the Wii U was the upgrade path from Wii. Frankly, I don't have faith in the platform, and it's been out how long now? Maybe they can pull a rabbit out of the hat...just not seeing it. Many current developers are making the decision to AVOID the platform. See WB's decision to not develop DLC for Arkham Origins, folks avoiding release to platform altogether...things are not right with the house Mario built.

Btw, not a console snob...I pretty much own them all (Mario Galaxy series on Wii is awesome), but I'm not an early adopter. Just my observations...
---
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 14:39:36 24/03/2014 by GhostRoaster
#230 Posted: 14:29:40 24/03/2014
well if you have played the last three games on the wii he graphics looked awsome compared to the last two but i agree until the other systems make up the amount of the money that the wii did they will not drop the wii
---
gta1134 Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#231 Posted: 16:02:51 24/03/2014
Are any other companies still programming for the original Wii?

The truly bad thing is that the Wii's age has been showing for a very long time. I hope they do develop a game for the wii, but the unfortunate truth is that it will be a shell of the game that the newer systems receive and Swap Force is an example of this. I have seen many people complain that they can't do everything on the Wii that you can do on the PS3. If they do develop a game for the Wii would you be OK with it being a scaled down minimalist version of it? Because of hardware issues a wii game will never be on the scale of a PS3/Xbox 360 game, however you could hope to get a version similar to a handheld game (same in spirit but a completely different version of that spirit)

If they do keep developing for the Wii I will be pleasantly surprised.
---
Have an extra boomer and punch pop fizz that are opened and a darklight crypt that is still sealed for trade.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#232 Posted: 16:06:23 24/03/2014
If you look at market trends, if you want to get in a 'family' room setting - where the Wii once dominated - the 360 has had that crown for about the past year. The 360 pretty much has had the best pacing outside of a singular month (when Sony had the GTA4 pack) and with the lower cost, it has become a mainstay in A LOT of living rooms.

While I understand removing the bandaid as @GhostRoaster put it - the 'new' consoles aren't established enough to 'depend on'. I have a XB1 and plan on getting the new 'Landers on there, and the XB1 has dominated my household since purchase, but I'm in a minority when it comes to adoption of the new consoles - especially as they haven't gone through Xmas yet. Next year...maybe...but it would still feel premature. I'd wager that if they reuse models and code, then SL4 will be on all consoles excluding the Wii, SL5 - which will reuse SF code will be on all consoles, and SL6 will be on all consoles excluding the Wii. I fully expect the next 3 iterations (1 by VV and 2 by Tfsmilie to land on the PS3 and X360 simply because the expensive portion would have already been done, and for at least two years if not three, the price of the 'new' consoles will make it hard for them to crack into living rooms like the Wii & now the X360 have.

Me? I still think the best solution is to just port the 3DS variant of the game to the Wii...
- Unreall
#233 Posted: 16:12:57 24/03/2014
I would agree with the 360 taking the "family throne" -- I didn't get the 360 until the Kinect combo minus hard drive was sold. Just not into FPS games.
---
#234 Posted: 16:23:03 24/03/2014
Quote: gta1134
Are any other companies still programming for the original Wii?

According to IGN, there are 3 games currently confirmed to be coming out for the Wii this year. None of them have confirmed release dates.
#235 Posted: 16:26:04 24/03/2014
That's the same thing I was thinking unreal, but is it possible from a gameplay perspective? I don't know how the 3DS version works.
---
Have an extra boomer and punch pop fizz that are opened and a darklight crypt that is still sealed for trade.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#236 Posted: 17:15:36 24/03/2014
Quote: gta1134
That's the same thing I was thinking unreal, but is it possible from a gameplay perspective? I don't know how the 3DS version works.

No reason it couldn't. The biggest difference was that instead of having to keep the portal plugged up, you could 'store' all the figures. Graphically the 3DS is actually weaker than the Wii, so they could upscale and smooth over the 3DS version for the Wii. Gameplay is also different, its more like a platformer with less 'dress-up' than SF had.
- Unreall
#237 Posted: 17:21:32 24/03/2014
My curiosity is what will you wii only owners do if 4 is not released on the wii? Abandon ship, upgrade, buy figures without the game?
#238 Posted: 17:45:49 24/03/2014
Doesn't the 3DS have 2 screens? Does that have any constant effect on gameplay?
---
#239 Posted: 17:50:04 24/03/2014
Quote: shadowfox
My curiosity is what will you wii only owners do if 4 is not released on the wii? Abandon ship, upgrade, buy figures without the game?

Obviously upgrade to a better platform. Skylanders 4 will also ship with a portal for those needing it. The only ones not doing it are those that are generally done with the franchise, which is independent of the Wii receiving the port or not.

If I were Activision, I would offer up incentives to get people off of Wii to a new version so they move their customers, limit future investment and have happier customers.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:52:30 24/03/2014 by GhostRoaster
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#240 Posted: 18:13:10 24/03/2014
Personally, I think that the next game's Portal will be more involved.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#241 Posted: 18:21:10 24/03/2014
Disney Infinity 2 will most likely not get a Wii release. It is only a matter of time till Activision comes to the same realization. The Wii is an old system that cannot support the game properly. At least if the time comes that you have to upgrade your Wii to play skylanders, the Wii U will let you transfer all your game save files from Wii to Wii U and you will still be able to play your Wii games on the Wii U.
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3165
#242 Posted: 19:12:30 24/03/2014
As much as I'd hope there will be a Sky4 for Wii (it's all I have), I would also understand if there wasn't. The Wii is getting old, and it wasn't even powerful enough to hold in everything that SF offered. I would imagine it would be the same if the next installment will be for Wii, maybe even to a slightly higher extent. Heck, I've started to get some of the freezing problems that started plaguing lots of people around launch. I've had my Wii for 5 years now and I've loved it, but it's starting to go past its prime. Even if there is a Wii version for the next game, I'd think TfB would follow in the footsteps of VV and hand it over to Beenox or another company while they focus on the meatier consoles. The Wii isn't going to last forever, and as developers flock to more powerful consoles, the system will be left in the dust. frankly, I'd be surprised if they continue to do Wii versions of Skylanders after the fourth. Thinking about it now, I'd be rather surprised if they even did a Wii version of Sky4, seeing as even less and less games are coming out for the Wii and Nintendo themselves are starting to pull the plug on it, shutting down various services and online play for games.

Porting the 3DS version doesn't sound like a bad idea. I would be fine with it, especially since I've never got to experience one of the 3DS games yet. I'd imagine though that there would be angry comments from people expecting a similar experience to the console versions. Even if the Wii SF had some things removed, it at least offered the same core experience of other consoles, just without HD graphics.

If Sky4 isn't out for the Wii, then I'd probably just try all I can to get an upgrade. I am eyeing a Wii U, and not just because of Skylanders, but because there's more games are coming out for it that interest me, and I could still keep all my Wii games and stuff I've downloaded. The only thing I'd still need the Wii for are my GameCube games, which I don't really even play that much anyway. I love Skylanders too much to just abandon it smilie
---
Purple dragon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:16:34 24/03/2014 by Sboy13
#243 Posted: 21:50:18 24/03/2014
i under stand all of that but here is what i think i think until all of the next gen xbox 1 ps4 and wiiu they will keep making the wii version
---
#244 Posted: 22:41:39 24/03/2014
i under stand all of that but here is what i think i think until all of the next gen xbox 1 ps4 and wiiu they will keep making the wii version

Until they do what? I'm sorry but I didn't get much from that sentence.
---
#245 Posted: 23:21:52 24/03/2014
make up the profits that the wii did
---
#246 Posted: 00:18:35 25/03/2014
Looking at the last sales numbers the Wii does dominate the number they had. However how many of those sales ended up in unsatisfied customers because of all the bugs/problems they had? And of those unhappy people how many do you think would buy the game again? These are all factors they take into account when making the decisions of whether or not they go through with a product. Now you are obviously not unbiased in this case and overwhelmingly want a game to not only be produced on the Wii but have the Wii as it's main focus. As for that I hope this isn't the case, it would greatly hinder the game on all the other systems as well as what the product itself can offer.
---
eruptshake137 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1436
#247 Posted: 01:01:40 25/03/2014
I was thinking an articulation in the figures, but it could only be activated while on the portal. This wouldn't be the main innovation. Maybe something just for the S2/S3/S4.
---
Prepare for trouble. Make it double.

CATS
#248 Posted: 02:06:59 25/03/2014
^Articulation makes the figures too expensive. They've conceded that already. Not expecting that.

Quote: Matteomax
Personally, I think that the next game's Portal will be more involved.

It doubles as a nice GITD hat?

So, skylanders 4...yeah...where art thy info, oh Master Eon?
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 02:11:13 25/03/2014 by GhostRoaster
#249 Posted: 02:15:45 25/03/2014
exactly
---
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#250 Posted: 02:29:03 25/03/2014
As many problems as I've had with Swap Force, I have high hopes that the next game will restore my faith in the franchise. I've taken a month and a half (or so) hiatus from the game altogether, and I've found it exactly the break I needed. I played the new Pokemon games and never even bothered turning on SF until Wave 4 started showing up. I really hope it's not the kart idea people were talking about before. So long as the new gimmick enhances the game play, and the old gimmicks aren't thrown to the curb (i.e. the less than useful Giants in SF) I think this game can really turn around my thoughts and feelings.

I won't go stating everything I'd like to see since I've already done that before, but I'll just reiterate that I hope our effort is more rewarded this time around than in SF. Accolades: combine the XP boost and portal master ranks from the last two games (but maybe not cap the rank this time so I still care about stars and something to achieve once the levels are over). Ability to upgrade stats much like heroics offered me the ability to do... I'm sure there were other things I was hoping for that I can't think of at the moment. 72 hours between getting a full night's rest will do that to a person. smilie Anyway, I certainly hope to put the negativity I've felt for SF in the past, and embrace something good in the new game with open arms.

Oh, and as for a more involved portal: my extra portals can already double as excellent drink coasters. Not sure what more I need smilie
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
First | Previous | Page 5 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me