First | Previous | Page 6 of 7 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Skylanders 4 is a 'Game-Changer'
gta1134 Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#251 Posted: 03:05:44 25/03/2014
Make it so you can plug it in and pick the color it makes to give your drinks that extra special feeling.
---
Have an extra boomer and punch pop fizz that are opened and a darklight crypt that is still sealed for trade.
Rattlebuckler Gold Sparx Gems: 2298
#252 Posted: 05:29:24 25/03/2014
guys i have got some exciting news about the 4th game go to the mega blocks reveild when you see the first big picture it is a new skylander it has a whit head with a red and black suit of armour wit grey beefy arms i know what your thinking it is magna charges body but i looked at magna charges arms is gun hand is slim and pointy where this one is beffy and big
---
We’re 106 miles from Chicago we got a full tank of gas a half a pack of cigarettes it’s dark and we’re wearing sunglasses hit it -blues brothers
#253 Posted: 06:16:31 25/03/2014
Looks to me like it's Jetvac behind Countdown
---
Have an extra boomer and punch pop fizz that are opened and a darklight crypt that is still sealed for trade.
#254 Posted: 13:28:59 25/03/2014
that is not count down or jet vac and could somebody copy that image my computer is not letting me copy it
---
We’re 106 miles from Chicago we got a full tank of gas a half a pack of cigarettes it’s dark and we’re wearing sunglasses hit it -blues brothers
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#255 Posted: 13:54:36 25/03/2014
this?

[User Posted Image]
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#256 Posted: 13:58:41 25/03/2014
That's just Jet-Vac. Blast Zone's arm is in the way.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#257 Posted: 17:14:17 25/03/2014
Yeah Blast Zone looks right, I wasn't too sure but knew it was one of the guys with flames.
---
#258 Posted: 17:25:17 25/03/2014
but if it is jet vac's head than where is his feathers on his head
---
#259 Posted: 17:29:02 25/03/2014
Magnify the image, it is absolutely JetVac. Or don't it's your opinion even if it is wrong so have fun with it.
---
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#260 Posted: 08:21:49 26/03/2014
If there are weapons and cars that sounds to me like "item" discs to put on the portal will expand.
No way you can fit whole cars on the portal and you may want a couple of items so they need to be small. I imagine something like the existing item figures but a much wider range.

Who knows eh?
#261 Posted: 09:50:38 26/03/2014
OH! I found out the real "thing" that makes Skylanders 4 a game changer.

http://dangerousthings.com/sho...12mm-glass-tag/

(Injectable RFID tag to put in your own body)

Skylanders 4 - YOU become the figure.
#262 Posted: 12:53:30 26/03/2014
not sure but I think the portal might break if we sit on them smilie
---
Punk Shock Blue Sparx Gems: 689
#263 Posted: 21:02:02 26/03/2014
Honestly, all I want from Skylanders 4 is four-player compatibility. I've been dying to play with three friends (thought it may get a little chaotic -- Diablo/Gauntlet/etc can do it!). Also, four player battle mode would be amaaazing! If they ever make the battle arena mode similar to Smash Bros., I think the game would fly off the shelves even faster than the first three.
#264 Posted: 21:44:24 26/03/2014
Thinking back to 4 player Gauntlet in the arcades, the frantic was good, it was fun.

The panic as you get cut off in an area by a wall as others run and scroll the screen, the screaming, "NO! I need the food more than you do!" or "Who has the key! Open the door!"
Not to mention the dash to the change booth when you were about to die and needed coins to top up your health smilie

An amazing game. I don't know if Skylanders could hope to be as good as my rose tinted memories of it, but I can certainly say that done right 4 player mode could be fun.
alegeobla Gold Sparx Gems: 2501
#265 Posted: 22:06:49 26/03/2014
Quote: Punk Shock
Honestly, all I want from Skylanders 4 is four-player compatibility. I've been dying to play with three friends (thought it may get a little chaotic -- Diablo/Gauntlet/etc can do it!). Also, four player battle mode would be amaaazing! If they ever make the battle arena mode similar to Smash Bros., I think the game would fly off the shelves even faster than the first three.

I had an idea for a 'smash bros' style game. I think it's what the series needs to get people more interested and collecting more (for tournaments and such). I wrote all about my idea here: forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=94705
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
Currently Working on: Sure Shot smilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#266 Posted: 02:08:32 27/03/2014
Quote: Pyrofer

Hehe. Now just make it work with Kinect and get you "in the game". Literally.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#267 Posted: 04:27:37 27/03/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

Hehe. Now just make it work with Kinect and get you "in the game". Literally.

That and a full body feed back suit, make is painful to lose.
---
#268 Posted: 21:28:14 29/03/2014
but new concepts anybody got ideas
---
#269 Posted: 21:31:13 29/03/2014
Quote: ninja9351
A couple of months huh, that's April.

a couple months could also mean may
---
pyro16 Green Sparx Gems: 260
#270 Posted: 18:19:13 30/03/2014

That does make me wonder if "Power Rings" or similar are planned for the future.
scratchking22 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#271 Posted: 01:39:21 31/03/2014
If you guys are stressing out over the "couple of months" thing, it probably shouldn't be taken litteraly. Instead, expect more news at E3 2014.
---
~ Clinton/Kaine 2016 ~
GoHeels999 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1022
#272 Posted: 12:59:45 31/03/2014
Quote: Punk Shock

Agree completely, but I would add online multiplayer co-op and competitive/ranked battle arena mode. They could do these things, stay in the same realm of play for the campaign, and greatly increase the replay value. Plus, this would likely further increase demand for the figures.
lesty Yellow Sparx Gems: 1239
#273 Posted: 14:22:44 31/03/2014
Quote: scratchking22
If you guys are stressing out over the "couple of months" thing, it probably shouldn't be taken litteraly. Instead, expect more news at E3 2014.

You'll hear it a lot sooner than that. Preorders should start in early May.

All the major fall release titles want to start pre-orders by May and carry on through the summer.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:33:10 31/03/2014 by lesty
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#274 Posted: 14:35:45 31/03/2014
Quote: lesty

You'll hear it a lot sooner than that. Preorders will start in late April/early May.

Soo soon then smilie Maybe during Acti/Blizzards 1st quarter earnings report, only thing thats coming up I can think of. E3 and SDCC are past May.

Gauntlet was such an amazing game. smilie Id so love to play a new one, i don't even care if it had 8bit graphics it woulds till rock!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:43:20 31/03/2014 by SlayerX11
#275 Posted: 17:33:47 31/03/2014
I'm guessing everything is being pushed back this year (duh), so I'm expecting announcement June announcement with preorders getting 3 months of attention. I also believe most if not all the figures will be released by then.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#276 Posted: 19:24:40 31/03/2014
Well with the delayed announcement, I'm REAL curious as to the expected retail release date. They won't have much time to "amp up" interest for a fall release, and I doubt they want to be an XMas release.

I'm honestly starting to suffer figure fatgue though. I'm planing on finishing up SF by getting Punk Shock & Doom Stone when I can get my hands on them, but I'm looking at how much joy I DIDN'T get out of buying all the figures verse their cost - and I've grown REAL hesitant. with Giants, I got into it towards the end of the cycle - so I was able to get eBay lots at good prices, but I'm looking at how much I put into Swap Force and while I know I'm being 'took', the justification just wasn't there.

So, more than anything on this one, they need to make owning additional figures REALLY stand out. How I don't know, but I almost feel like just 'waiting' to get everything on sale if I DO get everything again.
- Unreall
#277 Posted: 19:54:51 31/03/2014
Quote: Unreallystic
Well with the delayed announcement, I'm REAL curious as to the expected retail release date. They won't have much time to "amp up" interest for a fall release, and I doubt they want to be an XMas release.

Delays themselves can actually amp up excitement. Beyond that 3 or 4 months is plenty of time to get preorders in, with a series such as this they don't have to give out all the information early to hype excitement to sell the preorders. People who are going to adopt it early have likely already made that decision, the ones unsure would have likely waited till Christmas when they can get a deal on the starters anyway, and the impulse buys will still happen just because it's on the shelf. I do look for more information to start coming in the next few months with the preorders going around June or July.
---
#278 Posted: 12:42:04 11/04/2014
i hope they make the jump ability better because to me it was a waste
---
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#279 Posted: 19:23:43 11/04/2014
Sure looks like it better be a game changer

http://venturebeat.com/2014/04...-first-quarter/
#280 Posted: 20:51:03 11/04/2014
Quote: wgeorge111
Sure looks like it better be a game changer

http://venturebeat.com/2014/04...-first-quarter/

Meh, I can't see it like that. Sometimes companies get 'stupid' about their estimates. Activision was fully aware of their planned release schedule. Q1 is never a 'big' quarter, especially without an actual RELEASE in Q1...and the type of game Skylanders is - where the profit is made hand over fist - via the figures, those are the types of purchases that 'freeze up' after the holidays - as opposed to a brand new game. Major competition from Disney? Someone hasn't looked at the inventory. NEITHER is flying off the shelves right now. And if I recall - wasn't wave 3 big on reposes too?

Like what do they expect?
They have no new announcements
Parents weren't rushing out to get figures AFTER Xmas
No new content in the time period
New figures were heavy on reposes, with the figures with high fan interest not being released until Wave 4
Retailers don't have the crazy deals every week in Q1 like they do in Q3 and Q4.

*shrug*
- Unreall
#281 Posted: 21:45:20 11/04/2014
I was thinking about the comments that Disney had the well known IP to draw from for figures and wondered if this will actually come back to bite them later on.
There are only so many Disney figures they can make before people start saying "Who?", the only way to sell new figures past that is to do re-poses!

Skylanders however creates new figures (or has so far) for each game. If Skylanders can hold the appeal and build the IP into something bigger than individual characters (the game is about Skylanders NOT Trigger Happy etc) then they may have the long term advantage over Disney who currently hold a short term advantage with brand recognition.

As far as it not selling well, NOBODY I can find stocks figures anymore. All the shops I used to check out have cleared their inventory at the end of Giants and either not stocked at all for SF or only had wave one and then stopped. I don't like buying online because I enjoy taking my kids to a shop and letting them run around looking at figures, picking them up etc. This has not been possible almost at all since Swap Force came out.
It's like trying to buy a game for the Wii U in a shop, almost impossible.
#282 Posted: 02:39:26 12/04/2014
Quote: Rattlebuckler
i hope they make the jump ability better because to me it was a waste

This isn't Super Mario Land. The use of jump was appropriate.
---
#283 Posted: 13:08:55 14/04/2014
I was thinking about the comments that Disney had the well known IP to draw from for figures and wondered if this will actually come back to bite them later on.
There are only so many Disney figures they can make before people start saying "Who?", the only way to sell new figures past that is to do re-poses!

Skylanders however creates new figures (or has so far) for each game. If Skylanders can hold the appeal and build the IP into something bigger than individual characters (the game is about Skylanders NOT Trigger Happy etc) then they may have the long term advantage over Disney who currently hold a short term advantage with brand recognition.

As far as it not selling well, NOBODY I can find stocks figures anymore. All the shops I used to check out have cleared their inventory at the end of Giants and either not stocked at all for SF or only had wave one and then stopped. I don't like buying online because I enjoy taking my kids to a shop and letting them run around looking at figures, picking them up etc. This has not been possible almost at all since Swap Force came out.

Meh - the difference though, for better or worse (for worse for me personally), DI is MUCH less about the toys and more about the building what you want and playing how you want. Unlike Skylanders - no one ever really dies in DI...they break apart, then instantly reform. Fail a mission? Just run back to contact. There is no penalty and little to no reason to switch characters. Playing Incredibles? Pick Mrs. Incredible and stretch your way around time, getting in a car for fast movement. You don't ever need to switch to anyone else, nor is there a real benefit. Monster's Inc? The characters are all virtually identical short of Randel turning invisible.

So yes Disney is 'limited' in regards to quantities of IPs, but do they really have to stretch when they have access to ALL Marvel characters and ALL things Star Wars? They've got plentiful IPs and environments that are untouched from Planes *flying* to Nemo *swimming* to more dollhouse-ish with Sleeping Beauty and the such. Haven't touched Jungle Book, Darkwing Duck *any of the Ducks actually*, Chip & Dale, Aladdin (short of the guard) etc. They have don't need to go the repose route, and it's magnified further by the backwards compatibility. They could even dabble in sports by bringing in Steven A Smith & Skip Bayless if they wanted to. And they havne't even fleshed out some of the IPs they used. They finally announced Incredibles 2 - there was no Frozone, and they could tap into the lore and bing characters like 'Gazerbeam' to life. Gazerbeam vs Cyclops? It could happen.

Skylander's repose problem is functionality IMO. If they repose a character - screw being a mere copy. Actually change it up - they made 'Mega Ram Spyro', yet the difference is just a projectile when he charges. Why not completely revisit his moveset around the new theme? S3 Stealth Elf turns into a ninja, well spoof up her ninjutsu, they added jumping in this game, she doesn't need her old jump, give her something to stand out from S2. The reposes are the same dang characters. THAT'S the problem. When Acclaim or whomever made Mortal Kombat 1 - Scorpion and Subzero were the same actor in the same suit, but they changed the moves and fightstyle. Do the same thing here. I understand re-releasing the titular characters like Trigger Happy & Spyro, but actually DO something about them.
- Unreall
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#284 Posted: 13:31:43 14/04/2014

There will prob at some point be a few reposes. like a normal mickey and maybe an old black and white one for example. They could each have different attacks and powers etc. Disney has alot to use and could touch alot of lesser characters before it runs out of figures. Lesser being not the main characters of their movies but characters you'd know..like say chip from beauty and the beast. I'd love an oswald the rabbit myself smilie
#285 Posted: 03:05:23 15/04/2014
Guys the 23 of next week we will know the next title
---
#286 Posted: 16:38:09 18/04/2014

*sigh*
It's Skylanders: Trap Team, we knew this because of an Amazon leak.
---
~ Clinton/Kaine 2016 ~
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#287 Posted: 17:28:09 18/04/2014
Rattlebuckler made that comment before the leak was posted, Scratchking.
#288 Posted: 18:16:58 18/04/2014
Quote: bionicle2809
Rattlebuckler made that comment before the leak was posted, Scratchking.

Oops. My bad, didn't look at the date and just...assumed.
---
~ Clinton/Kaine 2016 ~
#289 Posted: 03:23:39 19/04/2014

*sigh*

It could be a fake plant as well. I'm not totally convinced especially if the web site hasn't been secured by Activision.
---
skelekon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1149
#290 Posted: 10:33:06 19/04/2014

*sigh*

It could be a fake plant as well. I'm not totally convinced especially if the web site hasn't been secured by Activision.

trapteam.com has the same registrar as skylanders.com (markmonitor.com) according to whois.
---
Missing: Fright Rider,Pumpkin Eyebrawl,UFO Hat
Spare: Polar Whirlwind,Purple Wrecking Ball
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#291 Posted: 16:29:00 19/04/2014
let wait and see
---
THE END IS NEAR
#292 Posted: 17:20:33 19/04/2014
Quote: skelekon

*sigh*

trapteam.com has the same registrar as skylanders.com (markmonitor.com) according to whois.

I'm more convinced now thanks.

Quote: Unreallystic
Skylander's repose problem is functionality IMO. If they repose a character - screw being a mere copy. Actually change it up - they made 'Mega Ram Spyro', yet the difference is just a projectile when he charges. Why not completely revisit his moveset around the new theme? S3 Stealth Elf turns into a ninja, well spoof up her ninjutsu, they added jumping in this game, she doesn't need her old jump, give her something to stand out from S2. The reposes are the same dang characters. THAT'S the problem. When Acclaim or whomever made Mortal Kombat 1 - Scorpion and Subzero were the same actor in the same suit, but they changed the moves and fightstyle. Do the same thing here. I understand re-releasing the titular characters like Trigger Happy & Spyro, but actually DO something about them.
- Unreall

Good point and I agree. For this consumer that's the only way I'll entertain buying another repose again beyond a Series 2. I know that makes coding even more of a nightmare for them...and maybe they don't plan to address it because according to their marketing they assume there's a fluid market for this game--kids coming and going. Maybe they don't care about the hardcore community. It would be interesting if data comes back that there's just as much as a hardcore community as there are kids in their target.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 17:27:37 19/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#293 Posted: 18:15:55 19/04/2014
I think the problem is, if they give awesome upgrades to the new figures, it makes the old figures worth less (not quite "worthless"). If parents find out that all the money they put into the older figures is now worth less, it will make them reluctant to buy new figures.
#294 Posted: 02:22:51 20/04/2014
Quote: UncleBob
I think the problem is, if they give awesome upgrades to the new figures, it makes the old figures worth less (not quite "worthless"). If parents find out that all the money they put into the older figures is now worth less, it will make them reluctant to buy new figures.

I think the idea was a new unique move set, not new upgrades. Same figure...new move set. You can like the old move set and the new move set, which brings something new to something now very old. Retiring the old move set would actually make them more desirable if that's the only characters you can unlock the functionality. So instead of one stupid wow pow, the entire move set...sounds intriguing to me. The older characters are already worthless due to the fact that there's no path switching on them once you get a Series 2. This methodology would at least drive a reason to buy a new version of an old figure and provide more value.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:24:58 20/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
#295 Posted: 12:26:40 21/04/2014
Quote: UncleBob

Pretty much what GhostRoaster said - not 'Super WOW POW' a figure, but essentially retire the old Dark Spyro and make the new one have the more melee like moves he has on the 3DS. Change Trigger Happy up, like make them new characters that have the same model. It doesn't have ot be drastic - Spyro's fireballs could simply behave differently along with a different function on the ram or something. Give Gill Grunt a different type of hose so he can throw water balloons instead of anchors, and instead of flying, he gets a shoulder charge based on shooting himself forward with water.
- Unreall
#296 Posted: 16:15:06 21/04/2014
Some characters would be more tweaking....some characters needs a larger overhaul imo. Some movesets don't make sense now in a world with jumping.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:15:41 21/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
#297 Posted: 17:59:26 21/04/2014
"Flight" always annoyed me. It was bad enough when you couldn't fly over a tiny gap and jump didn't exist, but now with jumping flight seems even more crazy.
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#298 Posted: 20:16:46 21/04/2014
Flight is really just a speed boost.
#299 Posted: 20:50:47 21/04/2014
^Coupled with a handicap of a turn radius that takes too long. What drives me nuts is that SSA at least had a concept that some skylanders are "special" and some areas could only be accessed with those skylanders...independent of the stupid elemental gates. I say get rid of elemental gates and have these areas simply flow...and make people use logic and solve some freaking puzzles without all of this stupid spoon feeding.

Need to break that rock---get Bash on the portal.
Need to cross that water embankment? Tell Gill to do the job.
Need to use a high tech device to solve a puzzle? Get Spy Rise on the scene.
Need to find out what's in that volcano? Drop in Eruptor.

I'd like very specific situations tied to very specific characters or elements. Build a multi-facted world that flows like a story but has some unique problem solving that can somewhat change the outcome of the story or the level itself. Or like in Super Galaxy provide a world that changes over time if you have to revisit areas to achieve other objectives. Sounds crazy for a 8 year old, but I think younger kids have BETTER imaginations than older players...might work out just fine.

There simply needs to be puzzle areas that flow in and out of environments that are intuitive...we don't a neon sign telling us what's going on. You can get pretty imaginative and solve different puzzles in different ways, which I think is something the first game was on the right track and has since gotten lazy.
---
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 21:08:45 21/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
willster8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2383
#300 Posted: 21:03:09 21/04/2014
^ I like the way you think Mr. Roaster.
First | Previous | Page 6 of 7 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me