darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Skylanders 4 Mega Bloks revealed; multiple new characters, and karts!
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Skylanders 4 Mega Bloks revealed; multiple new characters, and karts!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1 Posted: 21:55:24 19/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Diggeh, the user that originally posted the Easter-edition characters that were up for pre-order (and creator of the MEGA Bloks thread in Toys and Merch) posted this!

Looks like the game might include karting.

[User Posted Image]

And, another big thing; the scrapped Undead Giant (in what looks like a Legendary form) is set to appear in the Cutthroat Carnival set!

Here is his original design:

[User Posted Image]
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 01:51:47 20/02/2014 by Matteomax
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#2 Posted: 22:18:30 19/02/2014
I could never picture a Skylanders game that actually focuses 100% on racing - but, they could be pulling a Disney Infinity and have racing sections in the game.

There could be some racing levels, and a new type of 'gate' where you enter a race? And then "Elemental racing gates" where you have to enter a race using a Skylander of a certain element?

And, of course, maybe an online racing mode? Thinking about it, racing seems like a brilliant way to introduce an online mode. Battle arenas are fun and all - but for online mode, there isn't really much motivation to do it repeatedly. Online racing is fun (think Mario Kart on the Wii) and it can add to your portal master rank.

Edit: And I was just thinking, that this game would be the second "giants"; kind of where every alternate game in the series says "You can complete this game 100% with your existing collection of Skylanders and an x-type-character that is provided in the booster/starter pack".

And, another thing we have to consider, is that the current Swap Force portal is already designed to support two RFID chips in one go - in the form of the Swap Force characters - so letting the Swap Force portal support Skylanders 4 makes some kind of sense. But, this will put into question how much compatibility Swap Force characters will have with the cars - and I think Giants are out the question completely since they're far too large.

Maybe the car will have a special magnetic dock for Swap Force characters but this isn't required for regular characters?

I don't know, just trying to think of some way that these could work.

Also, those cars have some pretty nice design and look suspiciously element themed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:27:49 19/02/2014 by bionicle2809
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#3 Posted: 22:27:49 19/02/2014
BASH
WHY IS HE BLUE
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
Drache Kaiser Emerald Sparx Gems: 3136
#4 Posted: 22:31:01 19/02/2014
Quote: hardcoreignitor
BASH
WHY IS HE BLUE

cause there's a translucent blue bash variant
eruptshake137 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1436
#5 Posted: 22:56:50 19/02/2014
Am I the only one who sees ninja stealth elf?
---
Prepare for trouble. Make it double.

CATS
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#6 Posted: 23:37:32 19/02/2014
Maybe...there could be race cart areas in the game?
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#7 Posted: 23:38:24 19/02/2014
These guys may be the ones that get renewed for S4,S3,S2, and LC Skylanders. Just speculating.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#8 Posted: 01:48:54 20/02/2014 | Topic Creator
EVEN MORE NEWS! New characters!! The mysterious lion, a fish-dragon-thing named Ranger, a twin hammer wielding guy, and more!

Quote: laminated
Surprise!
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:10:32 20/02/2014 by Matteomax
eruptshake137 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1436
#9 Posted: 01:53:38 20/02/2014
What's with all the duplicates?
---
Prepare for trouble. Make it double.

CATS
#10 Posted: 01:56:13 20/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Extra characters cost a LOT of money to create. The moulds are expensive.
---
mrdarkspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 918
#11 Posted: 01:57:55 20/02/2014
... mega blocks is going to be in trouble with activision about this, unless the told them to do this to generate more hype.
---
MAX AURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#12 Posted: 02:18:02 20/02/2014
Where was this found?
---
#13 Posted: 02:18:47 20/02/2014 | Topic Creator
http://www.figures.com/

---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#14 Posted: 02:24:27 20/02/2014
Quote: Matteomax
EVEN MORE NEWS! New characters!! The mysterious lion, a fish-dragon-thing named Ranger, a twin hammer wielding guy, and more!

Surprise!
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

I WAS THE ONE TO POINT OUT THAT THE BLUE GUY'S NAME IS RANGER! CREDIT ME!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#15 Posted: 02:29:36 20/02/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Uh....
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#16 Posted: 02:47:51 20/02/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Surprise!
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

I don't think it's a name. I think it the new type of characters. Skylanders 4 may be titled, Slylanders:Rangers
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#17 Posted: 03:07:48 20/02/2014
If it becomes about using vehicles etc in #4 then we are yet even further away from Toys to Life in that the characters themselves aren't good enough. Interesting ways to interact and use characters, but if you have to buy these things and you can only use them in certain areas I wouldn't be too happy. Oh and some folks hate racing. It's why a racing based focused set in Infinity is a bad idea. It would also show that Activision doesn't feel confident in its brand and has to copy Disney.

Despite the venom I just spewed we'll just have to see.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:11:32 20/02/2014 by GhostRoaster
#18 Posted: 03:21:24 20/02/2014
I don't think that the karts will be for racing, I think that there may be special off road areas for the karts. Sort of like the feats of streangth with the giants.
---
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#19 Posted: 03:36:26 20/02/2014
I think it's safe to say the community is kinda grasping for straws at this point.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
#20 Posted: 03:37:37 20/02/2014
Quote: WickedRogue
I think it's safe to say the community is kinda grasping for straws at this point.

oh it would have been safe to say that 2 1/2 years ago
---
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#21 Posted: 03:48:18 20/02/2014
They could be making karts that you put your existing figures in and they go off and do battle in the karts in certain parts of the game.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#22 Posted: 03:56:02 20/02/2014
I'm really liking the mummy knight and that hammer dude who I swear looks like he could be another bug Skylander.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#23 Posted: 04:04:42 20/02/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
If it becomes about using vehicles etc in #4 then we are yet even further away from Toys to Life in that the characters themselves aren't good enough. Interesting ways to interact and use characters, but if you have to buy these things and you can only use them in certain areas I wouldn't be too happy. Oh and some folks hate racing. It's why a racing based focused set in Infinity is a bad idea. It would also show that Activision doesn't feel confident in its brand and has to copy Disney.

Despite the venom I just spewed we'll just have to see.

I agree with most of this. There's nothing I'm seeing here that's particularly bad, but I can see a lot of stuff which makes me wary. I'm just going to wait before I say anything else.
#24 Posted: 13:47:58 20/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Even though this may have nothing to do with the game..

On the Pirate Cove set; Kaos is literally a few feet from the Ranger character and Chop Chop. Could this also point to Kaos Alliance?
---
alegeobla Gold Sparx Gems: 2501
#25 Posted: 14:36:17 20/02/2014
The problem I have with the kart idea is that if you were to buy karts to put your characters in, you would not be able to fit 2 of those karts on the swap force portal. Especially if the karts fit the giants as well.

Also, with the possibility of interchangeable weapons, only the newly released characters would be able to connect to the weapons.

So my thought (and hope) is that, if they decide to have kart/weapon "toys" that they are purely "power discs" like in disney infinity but you put the character on the disc to "upgrade" them.

My real hope for the karts is that there are karting sections in the game that you automatically get put into a kart for, or the kart is customizable in the game only, no actual figure for it.
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
Currently Working on: Sure Shot smilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#26 Posted: 16:20:38 20/02/2014
Quote: alegeobla
The problem I have with the kart idea is that if you were to buy karts to put your characters in, you would not be able to fit 2 of those karts on the swap force portal. Especially if the karts fit the giants as well.

Reasonably speaking, I don't think it would be out of the range of possibility for them to release a kart "portal". If they can get the cost down, they could sell the Kart Portal as a separate item (and have lots of different kinds for people to buy lol). So you'd get a Kart and normal portal with the game, but you can buy others in stores. The Kart Portal would resemble a regular racing kart but the "seat" would be flat and wide enough to accommodate a single figure. (perhaps restrictions in place so you couldn't use swappers or giants)

It could potentially also be wired so you could attach it to your console, or the portal could have 2 usb outlets on it, which you'd plug the karts into. Alternatively, they could have you unplug the main portal, and plug in the kart.

Lots of possibilities for it. Personally, I agree with everyone saying that the game probably wont be full out Karting, but hey who knows.

For fun, I rounded up all the new guys into one image. I think they have the possibilities of being new Skylanders, but I wouldn't necessarily jump the gun quite yet.

[User Posted Image]

The golden lion in particular is interesting, as the solid color scheme would indicate that it was a special figure, like the Blue Bash, Chrome Spyro, etc. I find it kind of interesting also that the hammer guy and toad guy kind of remind me of "evolved" skylanders; for Trigger Happy and Gill Grunt respectively. Or perhaps "Ancient" versions of them, the toad guy, "Ranger" especially is the exact same color as Gilly.
The 2 guys on the bottom left I pulled because they look interesting too. Probably not new characters, but maybe new enemies, like the Chompies or Greebles. On the bottom right, I pulled 2 circumstances where Hex and the Undead Giant guy are using a blue blaster. Could just be an accessory for MegaBloks, but it'd be also interesting for them to add things like weapons to the game. That's just me speculating though lol.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#27 Posted: 16:29:06 20/02/2014
well the difference between this and swap force is regulare character can carry weapon as well. Hurr durr skylanders and call of duty start to melt together
---
THE END IS NEAR
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#28 Posted: 17:44:25 20/02/2014
Quote: nitendofan92
well the difference between this and swap force is regulare character can carry weapon as well. Hurr durr skylanders and call of duty start to melt together

I dont think that weapon gimmick (if real) would even extend to regular characters, as well.
First of all, there are a lot of Skylanders who don't have hands (Drill Sergeant, Prism Break, Countdown, Stump Smash, Eruptor) or walk on four legs (Pop Thorn, Spyro, Camo, Whirlwind, Flashwing, Slobber Tooth, Hot Dog) so, even if they would make only the handed Skylanders into Series 4, that would exclude A LOT of fan favorites.
Then there are the Giants and the Swappable characters. Gimmick Skylanders don't get reposed, so 24 more characters won't be able to wield different weapons.
Then, there is a cost problem: if they make reposes of old characters with the new gimmick, well, they would cost a lot. To realize, but most importantly, to buy.
One last thing: so far the characters mechanics has only applied to some specific characters (Giants, Swap Force), and I don't think this will change.
That thing is probable intended just for the Mega Bloks sets. After all, they all have the same hands, in that form...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#29 Posted: 18:12:18 20/02/2014
For the sake of speculation it makes sense to me for them to release one kart of each element, just like the Giants figures. The new portal is also clearly capable of reading at least 4 rfid tags, since it can have 2 swappers on it at once, so who knows what the actual cap is. Actually getting everything on the portal may be a separate task, unless the karts have 'seats' for 'landers up to Giant size.

I like the idea of Kart areas added in addition to gates and Swap Zone challenges (would be sad to see the latter go). The karting gates could be keyed to a kart elemental type or secondary type (like Bounce for swappers). The multiplayer racing aspect of it would also add a whole new dynamic.

Naturally there would be kart variants as well. Nitro Super Sonic Speeder sounds like a nice mouthful smilie

/end speculation
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#30 Posted: 18:44:50 20/02/2014
just so you know the original pictures were taken down
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#31 Posted: 20:53:18 20/02/2014
Quote: Drek95

I dont think that weapon gimmick (if real) would even extend to regular characters, as well.
First of all, there are a lot of Skylanders who don't have hands (Drill Sergeant, Prism Break, Countdown, Stump Smash, Eruptor) or walk on four legs (Pop Thorn, Spyro, Camo, Whirlwind, Flashwing, Slobber Tooth, Hot Dog) so, even if they would make only the handed Skylanders into Series 4, that would exclude A LOT of fan favorites.
Then there are the Giants and the Swappable characters. Gimmick Skylanders don't get reposed, so 24 more characters won't be able to wield different weapons.
Then, there is a cost problem: if they make reposes of old characters with the new gimmick, well, they would cost a lot. To realize, but most importantly, to buy.
One last thing: so far the characters mechanics has only applied to some specific characters (Giants, Swap Force), and I don't think this will change.
That thing is probable intended just for the Mega Bloks sets. After all, they all have the same hands, in that form...

Maybe not physical weapons for the toys but as far as in game, they could easily create a animation for each character "holding" something. Since its a cartoon-y styled game, they could have the quadrupeds hold the guns in their mouths, and something like Drill Sarge, Prism, etc could just have it resting on their hands, or floating in front of them.

We've never really seen "weapons" per se in the games besides bombs/dynamite so having weapons you find or can use could be very interesting and perhaps a "game changer" as they've called.
---
#32 Posted: 20:57:52 20/02/2014
Quote: spyroflame0487
Quote: Drek95

Maybe not physical weapons for the toys but as far as in game, they could easily create a animation for each character "holding" something. Since its a cartoon-y styled game, they could have the quadrupeds hold the guns in their mouths, and something like Drill Sarge, Prism, etc could just have it resting on their hands, or floating in front of them.

We've never really seen "weapons" per se in the games besides bombs/dynamite so having weapons you find or can use could be very interesting and perhaps a "game changer" as they've called.

I can say that we can safely assume that we won't see Reposes holding new weapons in game.
---
#33 Posted: 21:08:33 20/02/2014
Quote: ninja9351
I can say that we can safely assume that we won't see Reposes holding new weapons in game.

Well, like I said, they could do it how we currently have things like the bombs and keys where they "float" next to your character. What I mean is that there could be hidden weapons throughout the game that you'd "equip" to the character like a hat which would just follow you around. Like an in-game Magic Item, but it's a weapon and it doesn't have the cool down bar like regular Magic Items.

The alternate that I mentioned for making characters actually hold the weapons would be as simple as having them disappear and holding the "new" weapon. So say for instance you're playing as Chill, right? She has a shield and bow. You come across a "Giga Laser", an overly cartoony space blaster. It's added to your collection, and if you choose to equip it right now, the Shield/Bow would disappear, and Chill would hold the Giga Laser. The weapon would be mapped to a certain attack (lets say X or something) and then if you use one of your other attacks, the Shield/Bow would reappear and the Laser would disappear back to your collection.

So basically it'd be a button mash weapon. Obviously it'd be a bit complicated, so that's why reasonably speaking, the first option where it floats next to you would probably be most ideal.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#34 Posted: 21:23:43 20/02/2014
I wouldn't like a gimmick like that... And I wouldn't call that a gimmick at all. It's just an innovation. Nothing really "game changing".
Plus, it would *kinda* ruin the uniqueness of each character. They should really stick to a mechanic related to the single characters (like the Giants, but obviously different).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#35 Posted: 22:01:18 20/02/2014
These new characters just give me a hint of things going back to Spyro (the original series). An adventure like that.
#36 Posted: 22:24:45 20/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
These new characters just give me a hint of things going back to Spyro (the original series). An adventure like that.

I personally think that the hammer guy looks like an orange Gnasty Gnorc.

..And they're gone, what a shame.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:46:46 20/02/2014 by Matteomax
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#37 Posted: 00:19:56 21/02/2014
Yeah this Mega Bloks ordeal has me thinking that there was supposed to be some kind of announcement at Toy Fair and that these photos we supposed to release with the game announcement. How would Mega Bloks have had these ready to go if the announcement was that far off and without some kind of approval from Activision. I think they changed their minds when they realized that Infinity wasn't announcing anything at Toy Fair. Again just a guess though.
#38 Posted: 00:36:29 21/02/2014
Quote: Tigorus
How would Mega Bloks have had these ready to go if the announcement was that far off and without some kind of approval from Activision.

I stated in another thread that this happens fairly often when groups don't communicate with each other or whatever. Mega Bloks probably got details on the new game way back in October and began drawing up plans for it. They were probably given sheets of characters or something to design new figures as well, perhaps even earlier than Swap Force's launch depending on how long Skylanders 4 has been in development.

These product sheets looked to be standard product clip art that they've had ready to go for a while, its just that Activision decided to not announce anything and/or no one on MegaBloks end realized it. More than likely, it probably would have went unnoticed if we didn't happen to have such a large community here lol.
---
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#39 Posted: 00:50:04 21/02/2014
I still believe that this game is all about crystals. There's crystals in literally every one of these sets and all the new guys carry some kind of crystallized weapon. Mummy knight has a diamond sword, the hammer guy has topaz hammers, the lion has a ruby shield and Ranger has a sapphire bow and arrow. Also just a guess, but it looks like Shroomboom could get a series 2 and sadly it looks like series 4 figures are in works, but I actually hope I'm wrong with that part.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#40 Posted: 03:39:35 21/02/2014
This type of Skylanders toys are fine for some people, but I am more of a LEGO person than a MegaBloks guy. Also, if I wanted to own something from the Skylanders, I'd go for the video game and figures.
KaRNiV8L Yellow Sparx Gems: 1925
#41 Posted: 04:53:32 21/02/2014
I think the next step will be evolutions.

The new guys look like evolutions of trigger happy, gill grunt and possibly chop chop or a new giant, whilst the lion I think will be a new core

This is where it will be revolutionary. How do they change the physical toy and how it recognises if it has evolved in the portal

My best guess

16 x evolutions
16 x new core
16 x s2, s3 & s4
8 x giants
No lightcores
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#42 Posted: 05:56:34 21/02/2014

Also, with the possibility of interchangeable weapons, only the newly released characters would be able to connect to the weapons.

So my thought (and hope) is that, if they decide to have kart/weapon "toys" that they are purely "power discs" like in disney infinity but you put the character on the disc to "upgrade" them.

My real hope for the karts is that there are karting sections in the game that you automatically get put into a kart for, or the kart is customizable in the game only, no actual figure for it.

They would prob make a new portal if space became an issue.

Quote: spyroflame0487

Reasonably speaking, I don't think it would be out of the range of possibility for them to release a kart "portal". If they can get the cost down, they could sell the Kart Portal as a separate item (and have lots of different kinds for people to buy lol). So you'd get a Kart and normal portal with the game, but you can buy others in stores. The Kart Portal would resemble a regular racing kart but the "seat" would be flat and wide enough to accommodate a single figure. (perhaps restrictions in place so you couldn't use swappers or giants)

It could potentially also be wired so you could attach it to your console, or the portal could have 2 usb outlets on it, which you'd plug the karts into. Alternatively, they could have you unplug the main portal, and plug in the kart.

Lots of possibilities for it. Personally, I agree with everyone saying that the game probably wont be full out Karting, but hey who knows.

For fun, I rounded up all the new guys into one image. I think they have the possibilities of being new Skylanders, but I wouldn't necessarily jump the gun quite yet.

[User Posted Image]

The golden lion in particular is interesting, as the solid color scheme would indicate that it was a special figure, like the Blue Bash, Chrome Spyro, etc. I find it kind of interesting also that the hammer guy and toad guy kind of remind me of "evolved" skylanders; for Trigger Happy and Gill Grunt respectively. Or perhaps "Ancient" versions of them, the toad guy, "Ranger" especially is the exact same color as Gilly.
The 2 guys on the bottom left I pulled because they look interesting too. Probably not new characters, but maybe new enemies, like the Chompies or Greebles. On the bottom right, I pulled 2 circumstances where Hex and the Undead Giant guy are using a blue blaster. Could just be an accessory for MegaBloks, but it'd be also interesting for them to add things like weapons to the game. That's just me speculating though lol.

A "kart portal" sold alone I dont like the idea of because most ppl would avoid it and they would ahve to account for it in the game that ppl wont buy this addon. Not everyone buys every adventure set etc. So if there is a kart portal it would make the game have a use for but not need it. I do real thou that are figures will be able to stand in these karts and it will cause them to be in the kart in game, prop similar to disney infinity disks. They would however needs to make sure that each base size can fit in the card without falling over etc. I am hoping that this kart game is the new mini games and that maybe triple packs will come with different elemental karts. The starter could come with 2 figures and a kart. Karts would be mini games and maybe more. The core skylander game of fighting the bad guy would still exist but at certain points we need a kart that shoots to fight a few bosses etc. I'm ok with some kart use in the main story just not the whole game. If your going to go that right acti, then release a skylanders racing game and skylanders 4.
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#43 Posted: 12:39:33 21/02/2014
I don't think this tells us too much definitive. Regarding the new characters, they could be NPC, or they could be possible skylanders. I wouldn't put it past Activision to scrap one or a couple of them. It's safe to say that we'll see something like that.

Regarding the weapons, I doubt this means there will be weapons you can give your characters. Not only is it a problem for the figures with no hands, but it really diminishes the value of a skylanders individual skills. Is Chop Chop special at all if Trigger Happy can also hold a sword? That sort of thing. It's very possible the mega blocks just gave hex a blaster without knowing or caring that that wasn't a possibility in the game.

And I don't think the Karts tell us anything definite. It's possible they don't have anything to do with the video game though I doubt it. It could also be that one of the levels involves karting, with no figures at all. Skylanders has done that sort of thing before with levels fighting as a robot or flying a coptor. If it is a bigger deal, then I would guess that they will only work with corelanders. The current portal doesn't have real estate to handle giants and swappers sitting in carts and probably can't handle reading all those RFIDs for swappers and carts. If the carts are next to the figure, then how do we know which cart goes for which figure. However, you could put a corelander in a cart, without overdoing the RFID limit and requiring another new portal.

I kinda of like the idea of karts as long as it's not really about racing. It would be rather intriguing if there were 1 new kart per element that was upgradable. As well, each core figure has an upgradable new skill(s) while in the kart. This would kinda make a karted corelander like a swapper. If the kart's upgradable, then you can drive your kart in the hub. It would mean a much more open world, or least a lot of sections in the game with an open world.

Honestly though, these pictures could tell us practically nothing. The new gimmick could be something completely unrelateed to the MB images.
flumpy89 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1279
#44 Posted: 14:32:40 21/02/2014
so here's my theory:
I think activision and toys for bob came to an agreement on the development time for the game, and that a one year model was not enough time for development, as we know toys for bob put a lot of love into their figures.
for all we know, VV could have been working on swap force since the first game, given the go ahead for a new graphics engine by activision from the start.
the release of swap force by VV allowed TFB 2 years to work on their new game, since giants.
the reason I have this theory is what matteomax posted about the previous prototype coming out as a figure now.
and this got me thinking about the further prototype leaks that were exposed during giants such as this:
http://www.thehdroom.com/news/...-and-More/11377
14th and 15th image down I believe. Vehicles. (sorry im no good at posting direct images, but if anyone can take the time to look would be great)

It appears to me that TFB was given the go ahead to work on vehicles a long time ago, and have perhaps been developing them since before giants.
which makes me think further ahead to other prototype figures we saw, such as kaos!
http://www.crasscast.co.uk/201...3-is-on-its-way
now from the leaks there were further models of boomer, double trouble, even glumshanks, so maybe, just maybe these could hint to some of the other figures we could see coming with this game. Lets not forget one photo had a prototype for chop chop which was infact released with skylanders swap force. It feels TFB has an abundance of figures and prototypes that could be brushed up for this game which we may have already seen.
All I can hope for is if vehicles are released (perhaps one per element), that maybe that could be a reason to also release a kaos figure. A special kaos pack as it were, his vehicle, kaos and glumshanks. they could be their own element, and the way to allow players to race as kaos as we all know, villains need to be allowed to race too! what would Mario kart be without bowser, and sonic racing without eggman!
but I 100% agree that racing should be an extra, not the main focus of the game.
---
Working on lost islands alter ego customs!
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#45 Posted: 15:28:44 21/02/2014
The only speculation I have at this point are 'element pick-ups'.

You find 'energon cubes' that have different effects - tied to a specific eleemnt or something. Each character can use that a specific way, so for instance the new characters all have hands and thus get more specific things like the shield that may function like Chop Chop's, or the dual hammers which would be a combo melee attack. The only characters wil lget more generic options...akin to the bazooka. This would open up more complex puzzle options and the such as maybe yellow will break/cut through rocks, blue lets you walk on water, etc.
- Unreall
#46 Posted: 16:00:16 21/02/2014 | Topic Creator
The Enemy Crystals (what they will be called, although it might be a placeholder) will most likely be an important part in the game.
---
#47 Posted: 19:57:16 21/02/2014
The Enemy Crystals (what they will be called, although it might be a placeholder) will most likely be an important part in the game.

How do you know that what they are called?
---
#48 Posted: 21:54:07 21/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: ninja9351

How do you know that what they are called?

Oy vey.

Inside information. This is what they were called at Toy Fair.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:54:35 21/02/2014 by Matteomax
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#49 Posted: 00:59:08 22/02/2014
well it will be confirmed on the 24 that why I put the frito lay in my favourite so I will not miss the new
---
THE END IS NEAR
zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2521
#50 Posted: 02:03:55 22/02/2014

Skylanders Crystal Energy?
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me