Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Swap Force Easter Wave at Best Buy (4/6/2014) (Wave 4?)
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Swap Force Easter Wave at Best Buy (4/6/2014) (Wave 4?) [CLOSED]
Diggeh Emerald Sparx Gems: 3153
#1 Posted: 04:52:18 05/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Punk Shock
Fryno
Springtime Trigger Happy

[User Posted Image][User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:52:35 05/02/2014 by Diggeh
Konartiz Green Sparx Gems: 260
#2 Posted: 05:06:30 05/02/2014
Awesome smilie I liked what they did thanks for the heads up, man I can't wait.
Mage0069 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1785
#3 Posted: 05:23:59 05/02/2014
Sweet been waiting for fryno he looks awesome
---
Need Nitro Magna Charge
Donatron Green Sparx Gems: 494
#4 Posted: 05:57:33 05/02/2014
Gotta love pre-orders! Only available for shipping, but I have Elite Plus, so I get free Expedited shipping.
---
Activate: Donatron | Xbox Live: The Donatron
SSA: 32/32 | SG: 16/16 | SSF: 28/32
Dsi568 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3173
#5 Posted: 06:15:56 05/02/2014
Pre-ordered all 3 and with free shipping! Great find!
---
Instagram: Skymiibomon_U
Twitter: @skymiibomon_U
NNID: dsi568
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#6 Posted: 06:41:00 05/02/2014
I think I will wait for TRU to get them with the BOGO40%.
I know there is only 3 listed at this time, here's hoping for one more to make it even.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#7 Posted: 06:41:17 05/02/2014
Cute packaging, but I still can't comprehend Easter being like the second biggest toy-purchasing holiday.

Guess this means Scratch is in the dreaded last wave?
---
#all Spyros are valid
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#8 Posted: 06:45:31 05/02/2014
Please be in UK!
---
pyro16 Green Sparx Gems: 260
#9 Posted: 07:38:37 05/02/2014
Nice! Pre-ordered smilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#10 Posted: 08:55:43 05/02/2014
What does the purple icon say? Spring time edition xxxxx" can't figure out the last word. Packaging is absolutely horrendous.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#11 Posted: 09:02:04 05/02/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
What does the purple icon say? Spring time edition xxxxx" can't figure out the last word. Packaging is absolutely horrendous.

Looks like the top half of the ring is English, the bottom half is the same phrase in French.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#12 Posted: 09:10:55 05/02/2014
Quote: Okaps

Looks like the top half of the ring is English, the bottom half is the same phrase in French.

Ahh, that would explain it.

I had a $10 rewards certificate hanging around, so I pre-ordered. Best Buy on the ball on this "wave".
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
crocko33 Blue Sparx Gems: 685
#13 Posted: 13:35:39 05/02/2014
Thanks for posting this! Very exciting to see some dates on a couple of the final 6.
---
55 out of 80 Skylanders -- Activate account = crocko33
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#14 Posted: 13:37:21 05/02/2014
That springtime TH is hideous. Stupid variant. It will sell, but it's stupid.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#15 Posted: 13:41:26 05/02/2014
Thanks OP!
artican Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#16 Posted: 13:44:48 05/02/2014
got mine weee
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#17 Posted: 14:22:18 05/02/2014
Awesome find! Thanks!
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#18 Posted: 14:33:08 05/02/2014
Thanks in for 3 of each!!!
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
DarkBigDog Blue Sparx Gems: 785
#19 Posted: 14:35:29 05/02/2014
Probably have Swappables coming out around this time at TRU. You know they will want to get in the Easter sale game as well.
---
Only getting new characters this time. No more reposes!
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#20 Posted: 14:36:29 05/02/2014
Two months early? That's surprising..almost suspicious haha
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#21 Posted: 14:56:08 05/02/2014
I cannot state how awesome this find is, thank you! Between being able to pre-order it, getting a Gamer's Club 20% discount (and Best Buy is already cheaper than TRU/some others) and Elite Plus free expedited shipping - I'm all over this one.

Oh and the packaging, well that's a clever way to get the packaged collectors to buy more duplicate figures. Not really a problem for us, an egg shaped package looks exactly the same as a normal one in my trash can after we open it smilie .
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:01:52 05/02/2014 by defpally
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#22 Posted: 15:11:57 05/02/2014
i already knew because, well, i have a friend smilie
these are cool.
i will try to score all of them.
especially spring time trigger happy!!!!
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#23 Posted: 15:24:36 05/02/2014
Pretty neat. The packages look very interesting. Since it lacks the BB Exclusive Sticker, should we assume that these (and Spring Triggs) are not exclusive?

I preordered/bought one just for fun, hoping to see these guys out in stores too. Good thing I held off buying Punk Shock.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#24 Posted: 15:27:58 05/02/2014
Quote: Portal___Master
Thanks in for 3 of each!!!

Just so you know, Best Buy (Walmart and Gamestop as well) is known for cancelling orders that exceed certain order limits. They will simply cancel out the order down the road. They did it for me one time when I ordered two of an item that was on special (XBox Live card, and it was even in two different orders!), even though it did not specifically state limits. They may have a one per customer limit on these, since they are special "Easter" edition - and you might not find out until it is too late your entire order was cancelled. Just a warning. It's better to get one than none if you want three. I personally wouldn't mind a second Trigger Happy for the Easter baskets for both my boys since he is themed, but I'll just try to go by the store for a second one when it comes out.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:28:40 05/02/2014 by defpally
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#25 Posted: 16:01:57 05/02/2014
Thanks for the concern, no worries, tho, i placed 3 orders of 1 each...plus i dont think best buy wants to cancel an order on me again, not since they had to give me a free last of us survival edition.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#26 Posted: 16:40:46 05/02/2014
To add to the speculation; Nitro Freeze Blade is due for release around that time, but I can't give any more info away.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#27 Posted: 17:09:57 05/02/2014
Thanks for the concern, no worries, tho, i placed 3 orders of 1 each...plus i dont think best buy wants to cancel an order on me again, not since they had to give me a free last of us survival edition.

I placed orders separately when they cancelled as well. They simply sent me an email on the second order and said it was cancelled due to being above limits on the item. Not sure what happened to you on the Last of Us, but their most common course of action is to ban people from online ordering they become a problem. They will rectify when they make a mistake, but if they cancel out an order that is above limits and then hassle them about it, well - there are some fairly lengthy discussions on it on CAG. But, hey as long as you are aware - I just like to mention it when it comes up, because there are many that do not realize this. Their terms of sale allow for this.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:16:49 05/02/2014 by defpally
#28 Posted: 17:16:28 05/02/2014
Quote: defpally
I cannot state how awesome this find is, thank you! Between being able to pre-order it, getting a Gamer's Club 20% discount (and Best Buy is already cheaper than TRU/some others) and Elite Plus free expedited shipping - I'm all over this one.

Oh and the packaging, well that's a clever way to get the packaged collectors to buy more duplicate figures. Not really a problem for us, an egg shaped package looks exactly the same as a normal one in my trash can after we open it smilie .

roflmao. I figured you'd like this news. And yes, the package collectors will be all over this.
---
tweak_four17 Green Sparx Gems: 247
#29 Posted: 17:39:09 05/02/2014
And best buy Canada doesn't have them. Figures lol.
#30 Posted: 17:46:42 05/02/2014
Quote: defpally

I placed orders separately when they cancelled as well. They simply sent me an email on the second order and said it was cancelled due to being above limits on the item. Not sure what happened to you on the Last of Us, but their most common course of action is to ban people from online ordering they become a problem. They will rectify when they make a mistake, but if they cancel out an order that is above limits and then hassle them about it, well - there are some fairly lengthy discussions on it on CAG. But, hey as long as you are aware - I just like to mention it when it comes up, because there are many that do not realize this. Their terms of sale allow for this.

Not sure I understand. Their web site ALLOWS for the behavior they don't want...and then have to spend time to irritate customers by canceling orders? I get the folks that order 10-20...but 2 or even 3? Oooookkkaaayyyy....

Seems to me that if they don't want the behavior the web site would be a first line defense. Sure, you got the crazies out there with 10 different addresses...
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:48:35 05/02/2014 by GhostRoaster
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#31 Posted: 17:58:04 05/02/2014
How is the shipping boxing for Best Buy figures? I'm asking because I had ordered several DVD boxsets from them in the past and they just toss them into those horrible sticky thick paper mailers and they always get crushed. I prefer them to stay mint and I don't open them up.
---
Stay Cool!
#32 Posted: 18:14:24 05/02/2014
Quote: fairyland
How is the shipping boxing for Best Buy figures? I'm asking because I had ordered several DVD boxsets from them in the past and they just toss them into those horrible sticky thick paper mailers and they always get crushed. I prefer them to stay mint and I don't open them up.

I've always had my skylanders boxed when shipped from Best Buy. I've NEVER had one order come from them damaged.
---
Tupelo Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#33 Posted: 18:16:05 05/02/2014
disapointed i cant pre order them because im in canada. But hopefully I'll find them some how
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#34 Posted: 18:33:10 05/02/2014
Nice find, Diggeh!
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#35 Posted: 18:35:32 05/02/2014
So my question is, are there going to be regular edition fryno and punk shock? Just wondering if the box itself is going to be a collectors item. I was guess that's the case.

Next question, is this going to be a best buy exclusive? Maybe other stores get regular boxed fryno and punk shock?
#36 Posted: 18:52:08 05/02/2014
Not sure I understand. Their web site ALLOWS for the behavior they don't want...and then have to spend time to irritate customers by canceling orders? I get the folks that order 10-20...but 2 or even 3? Oooookkkaaayyyy....

Seems to me that if they don't want the behavior the web site would be a first line defense. Sure, you got the crazies out there with 10 different addresses...

Well, it mostly catches the ones that try to add multiple to the order. What it doesn't catch is the people that order more than one in different orders (thinking they are clever). The system apparently does that check after the order, and yes they can cancel your order for that (or any reason) per their terms. And it sometimes says how many they allow, but not always.

Walmart and Gamestop are like this too, remember Spyro S2 and Molten Hot Dog (in particular)? Anyone that ordered more than 1 (or it might have been 2), even in multiple orders on the same account got ALL of them cancelled - and it wasn't just goldbashmaster that bragged about ordering 24 to "cover his EBay pre-orders"). Gamestop for S2 Spyro and Wrecking Ball cancelled every order for an account that ordered more than two I think it was (and as I recall you had some issue with it as well?). GameMaster actually spoke to a rep about it and they mentioned when that happens they get their standard "Order through our bulk order interface" email.

The thing that is very vague, is Best Buy has a banning process that no one has been able to predict accurately. There has been lots of discussion on CAG about it. Usually it kicks in on buying multiple of the same item (video games). It happens most commonly with people trying to play the Best Buy clearance -> Gamestop/Amazon Trade in game when the trade value is upside down. But, it does happen with Skylanders. People have gotten banned from online ordering and from store trade ins over these sorts of things. If they sense they are being used by a reseller, they will shut it down - and there is specific mention of the policies on their website (near the bottom):

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/He...0067#use_limits

It mentions they can and will tie orders by household, account AND credit card.

Most people won't have a problem with it, but it is out there. I know I was a little worried when I got the order I mentioned cancelled - I don't want to be unable to order when I get such a sweet deal with my Gamer's Club (and in the Gamer's Club, it specifically says in the terms using it for a discount for more than 3 of the same item, even spread across multiple system is a violation and subjects your account to termination). People see these special versions and immediately the hoarder instinct kicks in, I know some (like you) collect packaged - but many others think "ZOMG NEW STUFF MUST BUY MANY" - and these is a downside to just blindly hoarding figures without rhyme or reason. If it were me, I would order one online (two at most), then hope to pick one up at the store down the road if I needed more for a collection.
bluerosedruid Gold Sparx Gems: 2991
#37 Posted: 20:19:16 05/02/2014
I no more pre orders kids, tried to order a set and got shut down, all sold out thank you scalpers lurking here
---
Imagination is the power ? Hell yeah!!! save the franchise TFB
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#38 Posted: 20:27:27 05/02/2014
Yes all the scalpers bought them all who told you?
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
#39 Posted: 20:53:46 05/02/2014
I'm glad I placed my order last night when I saw this post; I was exhausted and ready for bed. I originally planned on buying it later, but I forced myself to buy in case it sold out quickly.
---
Spybomb Blue Sparx Gems: 636
#40 Posted: 20:54:50 05/02/2014
They seem to have been removed from bestbuy.com now the direct links work but they don't come up in searches *shrugs*
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:56:17 05/02/2014 by Spybomb
#41 Posted: 21:04:11 05/02/2014
Hmmm.. It's possible that they weren't supposed to go live yet. I wonder if our orders will get canceled.
---
Spybomb Blue Sparx Gems: 636
#42 Posted: 21:09:39 05/02/2014
Hopefully orders will be honored...if not it will just turn into another retailer XXXXXX screwed us over rage thread.
thunder1648 Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#43 Posted: 21:12:52 05/02/2014
Two months is a long way out there for a pre order on an item like this. Was shocked to see it in the first place. I didn't place an order thinking they would be out elsewhere around that time. Hope I'm right now that they are sold out.
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#44 Posted: 21:15:02 05/02/2014
Quote: Donatron
Hmmm.. It's possible that they weren't supposed to go live yet. I wonder if our orders will get canceled.

The power of the internet...If it wasn't supposed to go live yet, and the (very probable and likely) event that a person from activision caught wind...There would be some phones-a-ringin' out there somewhere....
---
Here we go again...!
#45 Posted: 21:34:59 05/02/2014
They probably just went over their initial anticipated order. I would keep my eye on it, because if it is like many other sales they have they will pop back up as available as they start cancelling multiple orders and orders with problems in them. Last Christmas they had a bunch of sales like that, where items went "out of stock", then appeared the next day. I got Fire Emblem that way, went out of stock before I saw it, but got it the next day for $11.99 - probably stock from a guy that was seeing EBay $$$ in his future, instead he got nothing and I got the game for $12. That's why I brought it up earlier, people do this ALL THE TIME. Scalpers go in and multi-order items on sale or limited (even on multiple orders), they go in and cancel them and make the stock back available. Then the same thing happens and it repeats, they had some games go in and out of stock 4 or 5 times before they were gone for good.

I'm telling you guys, when these sorts of things pop up online - be smart and order one (or two AT MOST) or you might get one of those "cancel" emails, then by the time you realize and make it back to the site to re-order, they are gone. Playing Billy Tough Guy to a phone rep after they cancel you will have no effect - they just see you are ordering five of them, and know that flags reseller.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:38:03 05/02/2014 by defpally
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#46 Posted: 21:40:20 05/02/2014
Punk Shock and Fryno have disappeared from the above links now.......
---
Here we go again...!
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#47 Posted: 21:52:28 05/02/2014
I hope they don't bother with the spring time preorders right now as that was too quick for 2 months in advance. I have a feeling they may be cancelling orders as that kind of sucks to miss. Just seeing the thread and he's already sold out? I hope he pops up in other retailers then but it is good to see where he is possible for now.

Quote: Spybomb
Hopefully orders will be honored...if not it will just turn into another retailer XXXXXX screwed us over rage thread.

I still feel two months was too soon for this and there would be plenty of irrate people if he turns out to be only for best buy but I have a feeling he won't. The fact the pre order sold out in that short of time is kind of nuts. I still call the fact they weren't ready for the volume and he's going to disappear too.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:56:34 05/02/2014 by tigerdr
#48 Posted: 22:07:08 05/02/2014
Doesn't looks like it has "sold out"---the items have been altogether removed. I'm guessing Activision just trolls here and called Best Buy and said "NOT YET!"
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:07:24 05/02/2014 by GhostRoaster
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#49 Posted: 22:11:36 05/02/2014
Not the spring time trigger happy as that is the only one I am worried about really. Which I was referring to somewhat in my last post. The other two I could wait on and such well punk shock is awesome too.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#50 Posted: 23:10:57 05/02/2014
I actually had all 3 in my cart for a few hours. Just tried to checkout and got the sold out messages. Sucks, but there isno reason to think that this won't be in wide release.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me