darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > New York Toy Fair, Skylanders 4: Your Ideas?
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
New York Toy Fair, Skylanders 4: Your Ideas?
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#51 Posted: 20:07:54 26/01/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: ZapNorris

What's with the German Shepard?

just cause. smilie

I love dogs.

Maybe Thomas and Friends should grace Skylands. hehe.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
TheLurk Blue Sparx Gems: 533
#52 Posted: 21:40:19 26/01/2014
Quote: Matteomax
Ummm... Does this mean toy fair is a no go!

What are you talking about?

There's 100% confirmation that Skylanders will have a booth there.

i've been talking with them. they say toy fair might be mild.

also, looks like we're all passengers on the hype train

[User Posted Image]

smilie Zap, you needed to make a "Wicked thumpback" conductor for that train....
---
SF 13 SF, 19 reg, 5 LC, TT, FF, JBB
Got: extra Cynders, 1 Lgd Trigger Happy.
WE WON THE SUPERBOWL!! WOOHOO!!
pennyman Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#53 Posted: 13:06:47 27/01/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
How do we know Boomcast is over?

Robert from CoinOpTV mentioned it in one of his videos. He's the writer for the series.

well..... at least 'season one' smilie
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#54 Posted: 13:17:20 27/01/2014
Quote: pennyman

Robert from CoinOpTV mentioned it in one of his videos. He's the writer for the series.

WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
Rooksarii Green Sparx Gems: 239
#55 Posted: 17:03:08 27/01/2014
Great video from FamilyGamer!

I am in agreement with others, the more robust system would be a boon for the franchise. More involvement with the figures, abilities and possabilities!

Also, replay value is a HUGE concern. I get the need/desire to have something new every year to sell, but there is just as much value in the long game as opposed to the short. Have a developing city as we see parts of in Lost Islands, or some other "return to me" factor that keeps us coming back to the game for more. Online competition, or my personal favorite, online co-op.

I also think that some form of updating would be great. Granted, Skylanders is basically a game that makes them the majority of their money in DLC via the figures, but having some regular updates to the game, even as simple as game-wide updates for holidays and such, is huge. Hate to reference another title and developer, but 2K Games with Borderlands 2, in my opinion, has proven to be a GREAT example of a game with standard DLC, community events, and random updates for fun, all within the space of what is basically a single player game with just co-op multiplayer and no true competitive online emphasis. The Borderlands 2 game is not substantially altered by these DLCs and updates, and is basically the same game before or after, but they add flavor, and with the random loot generation, there is a pull to come back and try for something new/better.

In a Skylanders centric mindset, you can have the regular Adventure Packs, but make them worth the $25 USD by making them much more substantial (multi-level packs, new things added to existing levels, etc). Then, to build community interest and longevity, put out stand-alone levels and such throughout the life-cycle of the game. Just some minor ideas, but its an avenue they would completely have me looped in with if implemented. The longer you can keep your player base interested in your game, the much greater potential there is to keep them buying things for it. Sure, you will have the fanatics (of which I aspire to count as one!) who can and or will buy the newest waves as soon as they can, but the more moderate players may support those "long game" sales I mentioned if they have enough motivation to return.

I could go on and on, just hope they do the right thing and put a LOT of thought and love into the game. Its all in if they consider it an ongoing franchise that folks know and love, or just a cash cow to sell plastic things during (primarily) the holidays.
Corn_Hornet Yellow Sparx Gems: 1982
#56 Posted: 19:50:30 27/01/2014
Quote: pennyman

Speaking of Boomcast, I was watching "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone" on HBO this weekend. Zack has a small part in it at the very beginning as a bully picking on the young Wonderstone. I heard his voice and it took me a few moments to recognize where I knew it from...
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#57 Posted: 20:27:17 27/01/2014
If they go "Spyro-Cart" this time around it'll jump the shark in my mind. So needless to say I REALLY hope that's not the new gimmick.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
Zookie Pookie Blue Sparx Gems: 988
#58 Posted: 20:53:37 27/01/2014
Spyro cart mini game like area challenges would be awesome! Idk about a whole game though.
#59 Posted: 17:59:07 30/01/2014
More speculation with a new article.

http://www.gamezone.com/origin...rs-game-be-like
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#60 Posted: 18:51:53 30/01/2014
They gotta announce SOMETHING.
---
nyeheheheheh

Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#61 Posted: 19:01:37 30/01/2014
I found this article, about some speculated dates, regarding the game announcement, his reveal trailer, and his official gameplay presentation at ToyFair:

http://portalflip.com/2014/01/...anders-4-front/
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#62 Posted: 20:07:08 30/01/2014
Quote: Drek95
I found this article, about some speculated dates, regarding the game announcement, his reveal trailer, and his official gameplay presentation at ToyFair:

http://portalflip.com/2014/01/...anders-4-front/

You should know that the owner of that blog is a member on here..
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#63 Posted: 20:24:51 30/01/2014
Drek, it's just a regular fan who updates his Skylanders blog and gets news from the userbase like the rest of us, not someone from Activision nor TFB.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:28:14 30/01/2014 by Aura24
#64 Posted: 21:16:15 30/01/2014
Actually, even if "PortalFlip" reminds me of something, I didn't know that the site was run by a member of this forum. And, I didn't even said that those informations came from Activision or Toys For Bob; I just said that the writer of the article was speculating some dates, regarding the new game (basing them on the dates of Swap Force, from the last year).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#65 Posted: 21:33:39 30/01/2014
Quote: Aura24
Drek, it's just a regular fan who updates his Skylanders blog and gets news from the userbase like the rest of us, not someone from Activision nor TFB.

None of the Skylanders 4 articles fit that bill either. It's all in the bucket of speculation...so....SPECULATE. That's what we're here for before a game is released.
---
#66 Posted: 21:37:38 30/01/2014
I know that, some young users though need to be aware of the difference between speculation and official content.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
legendaryfabo Gold Sparx Gems: 2968
#67 Posted: 00:11:30 31/01/2014
More speculation with a new article.

http://www.gamezone.com/origin...rs-game-be-like

Yeah, I saw that about a week ago. Some of these ideas are pretty cool!
---
Hi
trapshadow1228 Blue Sparx Gems: 956
#68 Posted: 21:39:32 31/01/2014
My idea is that it would be cool to have new and returning skylanders where you can buy armor and upgrades in store and actually put them on the character to upgrade them. You could buy let's say ninjinis new wish blades and replace the old with the new and add ignitor some new armor on the figure.This is just 1 out of my many ideas! Thoughts?
---
smilie Out of Sight! smilie
#69 Posted: 21:48:32 31/01/2014
Quote: trapshadow1228
My idea is that it would be cool to have new and returning skylanders where you can buy armor and upgrades in store and actually put them on the character to upgrade them. You could buy let's say ninjinis new wish blades and replace the old with the new and add ignitor some new armor on the figure.This is just 1 out of my many ideas! Thoughts?

O HELL NAW
Only Ignitor is cursed into his armor.
He can't taKE IT OFF.
---
nyeheheheheh

Gohdan Green Sparx Gems: 289
#70 Posted: 21:57:12 31/01/2014
I predict that the bottom of each figure will now be purple, rather than green, orange, or blue.
---
"Home is a pin...humanity...cattle."
Jeramia Blue Sparx Gems: 645
#71 Posted: 03:25:51 01/02/2014
Yellow
#72 Posted: 04:21:38 01/02/2014
IDEA:
Skylanders: Give us your Money now
all characters and variants (even chase) are reposed, the prices for eevry skylander is now 60 dollars, you onkly get to play 1 second of each level, after taht its ten dollars per minute you spend, and in order to get upgrades you gotta pay 30 dollars per upgrade
---
nyeheheheheh

#73 Posted: 11:46:01 01/02/2014
Actually, I could see that happening. smilie

And for the base, purple would be cool, but yellow would be too similar to the Giants base, in my opinion. Also I tought something: if the base are colored after a specific element (8 games could be enough, right?), then we already have Life, Tech, and Water (or Air): so this leave us with the Magic base (purple), the Earth base (brown), the Undead base (a darker shade of purple), the Fire base (red) and the Air, or Water, base (either a lighter or a darker shade of blue).

So, if it's really like this, they could only add next an element color that isn't an opposite of one of the ones that we already have: so Earth (if the blue base is Water) or Fire (if the blue base is Air).

What do you think, about this theory?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:51:03 01/02/2014 by Drek95
#74 Posted: 03:44:27 02/02/2014
Quote: hardcoreignitor
IDEA:
Skylanders: Give us your Money now
all characters and variants (even chase) are reposed, the prices for eevry skylander is now 60 dollars, you onkly get to play 1 second of each level, after taht its ten dollars per minute you spend, and in order to get upgrades you gotta pay 30 dollars per upgrade

Shhh!!!! Don't give Acti ideas....smilie

@Drek95 Huh. I never thought of that,,,,but you could be right! As for the colors? Air should have baby blue, since it's so distinct. From the looks of the Skylander cards, the Undead color would likely be a dark grey, although I wouldn't say no to two types of purple. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:50:14 02/02/2014 by TheLurk
#75 Posted: 10:34:47 02/02/2014
Well, I also tought about Undead having a dark grey color, but when you put an undead Skylander on the Portal, in Swap Force, it shows up in a dark purple environment... And I honestly don't remember what was the Undead intro color, in Giants and Spyro's Adventure... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#76 Posted: 11:52:06 02/02/2014
Just throwing this out here. When fighting Super Evil Kaos' brain, he talks about an evil train and says it's an interesting idea. Could this be a hint?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Dark Bro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4514
#77 Posted: 13:23:29 02/02/2014
I think that karting will ruin this wonderful franchise
---
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
Mewtwo - Pokemon:The First Movie
#78 Posted: 13:28:10 02/02/2014
Agree. At least not as a main title. A spin-off could work, but without any new character.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3779
#79 Posted: 14:05:17 02/02/2014
I would like more levels like the older Spyro games, Have you seen the first 3? They have 100 levels that are so fun and last for a long time!
Oh and I'd also like a bit more platforming.. even with the jump ability.. it was a little boring still smilie

*Gasp* How about special Skylanders that can fly? smilie
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
#80 Posted: 22:49:39 02/02/2014
Quote: LegendaryFlames
I would like more levels like the older Spyro games, Have you seen the first 3? They have 100 levels that are so fun and last for a long time!
Oh and I'd also like a bit more platforming.. even with the jump ability.. it was a little boring still smilie

Skylanders: High Fliers

Hailing from the Northern Kingdom of Avia, THEESE all. Ew Skylanders are blessed with the power of Hyper-Flight! This gives each and every one a different flight-related ability!

Tech: Riffin: Riffin is a bipedal griffin that loves to rock out! With his gold plated lion guitar he can create a sound shockwave around him while in flight!

Magic: Goggles: Goggles is a nerdy worm with some gigantic glasses who accidentally got spliced into a spell book! He can fly by flapping his pages and teleport in mid-air using his magic spells!

Undead: Snagtooth: Snagtooth is a greedy vulture who wants nothing more then to be the richest vulture in history. He can swoop down while in flight to dive bomb enemies and take their money!

Life: Splora: Splora is a peppy young flower bud who can catch a breeze with her petals and flu away. In the air she can rain down spores on baddies causing them to itch, sneeze, or explode!

Water: Pelicadet: Pelicadet is Jet Vac's cousin, a brave pelican who has a helmet equipped with a. Propeller that he uses to fly away and patrol the seas. While in mid air he can ignite thrusters on his helmet for full speed flight!

Fire: Faestro: Faestro is a world class opera flame spirit who can levitate by raining pillars of fire down below him to propel him upwards. In mid air, any baddie caught below him will be attacked by his pillars of fire.

Air: Pipsqueek: Pipsqueek is the poster-girl High Flier, and is a small mouse with big dreams. She can twirl her tail up on the air to fly high, and when she is up high she can create a barrier with her tail that temporarily shields her from high altitude attacks.

Earth: Tectona: Tectona is a queen statue who controls the ground. She willed herself to levitate, and she did. While she is slow, she can remove the ground from small enemies feet and bury them with her magic.
---
nyeheheheheh

#81 Posted: 02:17:56 03/02/2014

Hailing from the Northern Kingdom of Avia, THEESE all. Ew Skylanders are blessed with the power of Hyper-Flight! This gives each and every one a different flight-related ability!

Tech: Riffin: Riffin is a bipedal griffin that loves to rock out! With his gold plated lion guitar he can create a sound shockwave around him while in flight!

Magic: Goggles: Goggles is a nerdy worm with some gigantic glasses who accidentally got spliced into a spell book! He can fly by flapping his pages and teleport in mid-air using his magic spells!

Undead: Snagtooth: Snagtooth is a greedy vulture who wants nothing more then to be the richest vulture in history. He can swoop down while in flight to dive bomb enemies and take their money!

Life: Splora: Splora is a peppy young flower bud who can catch a breeze with her petals and flu away. In the air she can rain down spores on baddies causing them to itch, sneeze, or explode!

Water: Pelicadet: Pelicadet is Jet Vac's cousin, a brave pelican who has a helmet equipped with a. Propeller that he uses to fly away and patrol the seas. While in mid air he can ignite thrusters on his helmet for full speed flight!

Fire: Faestro: Faestro is a world class opera flame spirit who can levitate by raining pillars of fire down below him to propel him upwards. In mid air, any baddie caught below him will be attacked by his pillars of fire.

Air: Pipsqueek: Pipsqueek is the poster-girl High Flier, and is a small mouse with big dreams. She can twirl her tail up on the air to fly high, and when she is up high she can create a barrier with her tail that temporarily shields her from high altitude attacks.

Earth: Tectona: Tectona is a queen statue who controls the ground. She willed herself to levitate, and she did. While she is slow, she can remove the ground from small enemies feet and bury them with her magic.

Mr. Poo makes an appearance to slow down all characters when you step in it.
---
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3779
#82 Posted: 21:15:06 03/02/2014

Needs more dragons.
Needs more Whirlwind.
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
#83 Posted: 21:33:54 03/02/2014
Oh God, too much speculation.
---
#84 Posted: 21:37:32 03/02/2014
Any topic that offers young users to post their ideas will have a large amount of speculation.
---
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#85 Posted: 13:58:25 04/02/2014
I still think 'SkyMods' is the money making way to go. Just add-ons that give the 'Landers' unique abilities - think of it like a way to make normal characters 'swap' able.
- Unreall
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#86 Posted: 15:36:38 04/02/2014
Any topic that offers young users to post their ideas will have a large amount of speculation.

this I stay with the official announced domain name. Betting on kaos alliance
---
THE END IS NEAR
#87 Posted: 18:07:17 04/02/2014
Those domains were registered last year, for the third game. Maybe this year they will register 4 more domains, just to tease us a little more. However, if they'll still stick with those names, I'd say Kaos Alliance too(even if the idea of using evil characters, as the title suggests, doesn't seems amazing enough, to justify a gimmick); Super Force and Nano Force seems way too similar to Swap Force, and, as a concept, to Giants. It's GREAT having 8 super powerful Skylanders, that represent their elements, but I wouldn't see the point of having other different sized characters.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:50:28 04/02/2014 by Drek95
#88 Posted: 08:50:44 06/02/2014
You know, I saw a board game online somewhere that is related to Skylanders but using an old board game while tacking Skylander characters to it...I can't recall what it was called either...fail me. smilie'' The point I'm trying to make however, is that while we might speculate that this domain name or that comment might be related to a video game, it could be that some of those clues are related to their board games or book lines. They've invested in making TONS of Skylanders merch, even if it's something like Skylanders Monopoly (which I saw at Barnes and Noble awhile back), even down to clothes. Every type of clothing imaginable it seems. Well, except I haven't seen jeans with them as a decoration. Yet. While we speculate, it might be wise to keep an eye out at your local stores for any merch that might fit a clue or two so we can attempt to eliminate some. Then, we can consolidate the remainder and see what that brings us. It's a thought anyway.
---
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#89 Posted: 17:27:56 06/02/2014
Suggestions are easy: Take SF out of the canon,bring back character attachment,treat each console port equally or don't do that port at all,pretend Kaos' mom doesn't exist and that Kaos is a real threat as he was in TFB's games.
And if we have to take bets on which domain that was already registered could be used,Kaos Alliance.It could go both ways,play as the evil guys(as long as it doesn't treat them as too easily defeated and useless,what would be the point of a powerful army if they're not really that),or a resistance inside Kaos' troops.

Actually,scratch a bit of that.Take the console SF out of the canon,the 3DS version's story is actually pretty good though the game is lackluster.The old characters are all there,Count Moneybone's cheesiness rivals that of Kaos,Dread-Yacht stays big and falling apart as always. Completely forgot about that.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:15:08 06/02/2014 by bionicle2809
#90 Posted: 22:06:25 06/02/2014
Wow, I can't believe that they're waiting so long to reveal it.
---
#91 Posted: 22:18:44 06/02/2014
Could they really reveal it only during the Toy Fair? No anticipation, this year?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#92 Posted: 22:19:52 06/02/2014
Regarding the new game, some young users actually think that darkSpyro.net "proves" that TFB/Activision will reveal what the users want to see by simply saying "yes" and "no". Seriously..
---
#93 Posted: 23:54:34 06/02/2014
Quote: Matteomax
Wow, I can't believe that they're waiting so long to reveal it.

What do you mean? If they announce something week after next, that's more or less what they did last year.

P-a-t-i-e-n-c-e.
---
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#94 Posted: 00:23:39 07/02/2014
Well, I have a few ideas, but, most of them are pretty stupid. smilie

Here's one:
Gear Shifters: Pretty much, what it is is that there are a few different types of gears, and, you can swap them out with other gears. Each Gear Shifter would come with one of his gears on, and two other gears. I'm not exactly sure, but, I'm thinking about changing what I currently have, to where everyone is either a body type shifter, or a weapon type shifter. Meaning, guys with body type, could only switch with other body type, and vice versa for weapon.

Another one:
Dual Elements: It needs a better name, I know. Anyway, what it is, is that there are 64 different skylanders, one of each possible combination, even if it's fire/fire. That's pretty much it. smilie

I'll post more later.
---
#hu
#95 Posted: 00:57:19 07/02/2014
We have some official confirmation: Skylanders is now a $2 billion franchise, it's now in a 2-year development rotation, TFB is making the next game after they took a break last year, but there is still no word on Skylanders 4.

http://www.gameinformer.com/th...ntry&GroupKeys=
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:58:07 07/02/2014 by Aura24
#96 Posted: 02:41:13 07/02/2014
We have some official confirmation: Skylanders is now a $2 billion franchise, it's now in a 2-year development rotation, TFB is making the next game after they took a break last year, but there is still no word on Skylanders 4.

http://www.gameinformer.com/th...ntry&GroupKeys=

I have a feeling there was "no break"...if anything Activision is riding these developers HARD. I remember Vicarious coming up with the swapping capability shortly before/after the first game was released. These guys have been working non-stop.
---
#97 Posted: 02:45:46 07/02/2014
Disney is trying to make a comeback. Their next game will "supposedly" have Marvel and Star Wars characters in it.
---
Sickboy1138 Blue Sparx Gems: 817
#98 Posted: 04:23:14 07/02/2014

i've been talking with them. they say toy fair might be mild.

also, looks like we're all passengers on the hype train

[User Posted Image]

What's with the German Shepard?

just cause. smilie

its missing Chuck Norris.

I had previously said that a kart game would be good, but Little Big Planet Karting got boring fast and never picked up many players
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#99 Posted: 06:00:15 07/02/2014
Quote: Drek95
Actually, I could see that happening. smilie

And for the base, purple would be cool, but yellow would be too similar to the Giants base, in my opinion. Also I tought something: if the base are colored after a specific element (8 games could be enough, right?), then we already have Life, Tech, and Water (or Air): so this leave us with the Magic base (purple), the Earth base (brown), the Undead base (a darker shade of purple), the Fire base (red) and the Air, or Water, base (either a lighter or a darker shade of blue).

So, if it's really like this, they could only add next an element color that isn't an opposite of one of the ones that we already have: so Earth (if the blue base is Water) or Fire (if the blue base is Air).

What do you think, about this theory?

I thought of that idea as well, though I tend to associate orange with Earth Skylanders since the Portal of Power lights-up orange when you put an Earth character on it; same for yellow and Tech Skylanders. smilie
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#100 Posted: 07:08:52 07/02/2014
they should at least add something speacial for the sidekicks to do like a sidekick zone were you collect these gems and attack bad guys or something speacial for them at least
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me