Forum

Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
The one challenge that everyone hates... [CLOSED]
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#1 Posted: 20:42:55 12/01/2014 | Topic Creator
But really isn't that bad, but watch him have a go at it, it's quite funny.

---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#2 Posted: 22:36:30 12/01/2014
Still better than Yeti Boxing and multiple other YotD minigames. *DualShock'd* x.x;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#3 Posted: 01:13:20 13/01/2014
Y'know, I actually like that mission. It's fun once you get the hang of it. Now, the popcorn snow crystals... *seethes*
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#4 Posted: 01:37:01 13/01/2014
I'm surprised that Popcorn Crystals doesn't get more hate. Trolley Trouble really isn't that difficult or frustrating, it's not cheap or anything, it just require a couple of tries. I just don't find it harder, more annoying or more memorable than any other standard challenge in the game. To this day Popcorn Crystals is the only video game challenge that makes me curse out loud! Hunter's AI is ridiculously perfect and winning against him requires insane reflexes. smilie It's just frustrating and feels cheap.
(Note: I've not played it with a proper PS controller in a few years, I've only played it on my PSP since then, but I still remember it taking a while on the PS2 as well...)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:39:08 13/01/2014 by Arc of Archives
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#5 Posted: 01:54:37 13/01/2014
I dunno, it's the water temple of Spyro. Everyone complains about it, but if you sit down and do it, it's not that bad.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#6 Posted: 21:56:05 13/01/2014
I had quite some time on that, but it can be easy if you concentrate
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
darkwolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 7038
#7 Posted: 22:02:03 13/01/2014
I liked that challenge. It's really not that hard once you figure out how to do it.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#8 Posted: 23:10:39 13/01/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives
I'm surprised that Popcorn Crystals doesn't get more hate. Trolley Trouble really isn't that difficult or frustrating, it's not cheap or anything, it just require a couple of tries. I just don't find it harder, more annoying or more memorable than any other standard challenge in the game. To this day Popcorn Crystals is the only video game challenge that makes me curse out loud! Hunter's AI is ridiculously perfect and winning against him requires insane reflexes. >:( It's just frustrating and feels cheap.
(Note: I've not played it with a proper PS controller in a few years, I've only played it on my PSP since then, but I still remember it taking a while on the PS2 as well...)

The double jump glitch seems to help. I can't explain it, but it seems to speed Spyro up a tiny bit compared to charging on the ground. Also, I can't remember if the Crystal Popcorn pops up in a defined pattern or randomly. So it could be that you've gotten really unlucky with the distribution of the Crystal Popcorn. I know there have been times I've had to sit and wait awhile for orange fish to pop up in that Idol Springs puzzle challenge. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#9 Posted: 00:51:53 16/01/2014
Ehh, that one? really?

Quote: HIR
Still better than Yeti Boxing and multiple other YotD minigames. *DualShock'd* x.x;

Hovercraft challenges, not so hard but still a little tricky
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3201
#10 Posted: 05:02:06 03/06/2014
Popcorn Crystals part 2 is definitely the one orb I really hate. Part 1 is easy enough that I can generally do it in one try, but for some reason the difficulty seems to be really ramped up after that. Also, I think you can feed the idol orange and blue fish, right? I thought the rule was just don't feed it red fish. At least it works for me (maybe it's different for different regions...?)
---
You gotta believe!
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#11 Posted: 06:14:09 03/06/2014
It's fun, but annoying smilie
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
AmethystRose Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#12 Posted: 17:44:12 05/06/2014
Funny story...
That challenge never used to bother me before when I was very young, I could do it easily! But somehow when I replayed that game again 10 years later, I had major problems with it. Looks like I lost my touch!
As for the hardest orb challenge for me when I was younger, it was definitely that Agent Zero challenge. As soon as I heard his voice say "I'm a secret agent..", I just immediately thought to myself, "Oh no..." He used to scare me as a kid for some reason.. Strange.. O.o
---
ϟ Break my heart, break me til I fall apart. ϟ
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#13 Posted: 19:36:54 05/06/2014
Meh. After I played the first two roller coaster challenges in Dragon Shores I was able to do it.
EDIT
I'm surprised the second lava lizards chanllenge in Skelos Badlands doesn't get much hate....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:37:07 08/06/2014 by DragonDog
#14 Posted: 13:32:48 08/06/2014
Quote: DragonDog
Meh. After I played the first two roller coaster challenges in Dragon Shores I was able to do it.EDITI'm surprised the second lava lizards chanllenge in Skelos Badlands doesn't get much hate....

Now that you mention it..

THOSE GODDAMN LIZARDS SHOULD BURN IN HELL
---
oh my god
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#15 Posted: 13:58:13 08/06/2014
Quote: Jaggedstar
Meh. After I played the first two roller coaster challenges in Dragon Shores I was able to do it.EDITI'm surprised the second lava lizards chanllenge in Skelos Badlands doesn't get much hate....

Some irony I should point out: your profile picture. Weird, right?
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#16 Posted: 20:21:00 08/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Meh. After I played the first two roller coaster challenges in Dragon Shores I was able to do it.
EDIT
I'm surprised the second lava lizards chanllenge in Skelos Badlands doesn't get much hate....

It's easy enough once you work out the pattern.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#17 Posted: 07:57:06 09/06/2014
Quote: LocoGuy107
Quote: Jaggedstar

Some irony I should point out: your profile picture. Weird, right?

Ahahahahaha yeah smilie
---
oh my god
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#18 Posted: 02:38:02 10/06/2014
Oh and what about Agent Zero?! That one makes my heart race, and my legs stiff!!! That one for me is the most nerve racking orb challenge in the whole game!!!! The second one was getting the skill point in Ocean Speedway but that really isn't an orb challenge...
#19 Posted: 15:35:55 12/06/2014
Oh and what about Agent Zero?! That one makes my heart race, and my legs stiff!!! That one for me is the most nerve racking orb challenge in the whole game!!!! The second one was getting the skill point in Ocean Speedway but that really isn't an orb challenge...

asdfghjkl this
---
oh my god
RaymanTwilight Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#20 Posted: 23:25:22 10/07/2014
I hate: The second hocky challenge, the second lava lizard challenge, the second crystal popcorn challenge, the Agent Zero challenge, the flying challenge in Magma Cone, I think there's some more but there's so many I can't remember them all. X(
#21 Posted: 22:44:18 11/07/2014
Quote: RaymanTwilight
I hate: The second hocky challenge, the second lava lizard challenge, the second crystal popcorn challenge, the Agent Zero challenge, the flying challenge in Magma Cone, I think there's some more but there's so many I can't remember them all. X(

Wow....
---
#22 Posted: 23:13:37 11/07/2014
Quote: SamXala

Wow....

Seems better as a Skylanders fan.
RaymanTwilight Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#23 Posted: 23:25:21 11/07/2014
Quote: SamXala

Wow....

And ironically, even with all the challenges I hate with a burning passion, I still love this game! smilie
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10125
#24 Posted: 00:17:20 12/07/2014
I must agree that the infamous trolley challenge is not that bad at all. Only trick is to change the direction well-timed enough that one does not hit those massive concrete blocks. The real annoyance challenge to me at least in this game is that horrible, utter diabolical, crystal challenge’s second part in Magma Cone. There is not another orb challenge in that game that makes me on verge of losing it.

But when it comes down to real annoyance in Spyro universe, we must not forget the infernal Honey Tank Blast in Enter the Dragonfly. That is a true beast of a challenge and the ones who get past it without single hint of aggression must be celebrated as true heroes.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4343
#25 Posted: 05:31:02 12/07/2014
If I had this game and had to beat this:

Me: *Tries a couple times and fails.* MOM COME AND TRY TO HELP ME!!!

Mom: *Comes in and tries it and fails.* Let me call Andy from camp. *Calls him*

Andy: *Beats it in 1 try.* I'm going back to camp now bye.

Mom and me: O_O :O :0 :o
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
#26 Posted: 00:18:49 17/07/2014
Quote: Eevee88

Mom and me: smilie smilie :0 smilie

Yep, definitely would be you right there.

Do you have a PS3 or a PSP, though? You can actually download this game from the PlayStation store.
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#27 Posted: 01:26:23 17/07/2014
I love that challenge smilie
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4343
#28 Posted: 07:19:04 18/07/2014
Quote: LocoGuy107
Quote: Eevee88

Mom and me: O_O :O :0 :o

Yep, definitely would be you right there.

Do you have a PS3 or a PSP, though? You can actually download this game from the PlayStation store.

PlayStaition2. My bro is awesome at games so HE COULD actually do that.
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
#29 Posted: 17:21:14 23/07/2014
Quote: Project_Unnamed
I must agree that the infamous trolley challenge is not that bad at all. Only trick is to change the direction well-timed enough that one does not hit those massive concrete blocks. The real annoyance challenge to me at least in this game is that horrible, utter diabolical, crystal challenge’s second part in Magma Cone. There is not another orb challenge in that game that makes me on verge of losing it.

But when it comes down to real annoyance in Spyro universe, we must not forget the infernal Honey Tank Blast in Enter the Dragonfly. That is a true beast of a challenge and the ones who get past it without single hint of aggression must be celebrated as true heroes.

Oh my.... that's a very challenging one!!!! Probably the most difficult minigame I have played...
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me