Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > if they made another spyro game, what do u think it should be?
Page 1 of 1
if they made another spyro game, what do u think it should be? [CLOSED]
Hawaii Five o Blue Sparx Gems: 734
#1 Posted: 17:17:04 21/12/2013 | Topic Creator
well if they made another one i would think it should be spyro and cynder in their adult form and malephor comes back to get revenge. he gets stronger, and he gains a new army and his apes get stronger and more complicated.
---
~A true artist can never create his or her GOOD creations twice, but they may create their bad ones more~
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#2 Posted: 17:55:27 21/12/2013
I think that it should be about spyro and cynder returning to the dragon realms and finding out that the sorcerer has made another attack there. do recall that the sorcerer has not been completely defeated in shadow legacy(they were preparing for another attack from him at the end)
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#3 Posted: 18:21:45 21/12/2013
The Insomniac trilogy in HD with all the characters redone in Skylanders style. :)
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#4 Posted: 18:34:05 21/12/2013
*another standalone Spyro game (considering opinions obviously differ on the Skylanders as spinoff or not part)
Considering DOTD kinda made LOS impossible to continue without tearing bigger plot holes,I'd be better if they continued from Shadow Legacy. To prevent new attacks from the dark forces as it happened in AHT and SL,Spyro and pals go try to find how do they reach the Dragon Realms and defeat them before they return; gameplay wise another collect-a-thon in the style of AHT and the Classic games, though with a slightly darker story but not one that takes itself too seriously.
If we had to continue from LOS,it'd be cool if DOTD was retconned altogether,and we had Darkest Hour as intended, Krome style or at least as close as possible, though considering we had nothing of the plot at the time but 'free flight and Malefor returns' so I don't really know how they'd write it. However,the gameplay could have elements from ANB and TEN(elemental breaths being part of combos,many puzzles and bosses to spare) but having better combat,appealing to both people who like a good hack-and-slash or kids that would rather mash buttons.
However,that's more of what it "needs" and not what I'd like to have; at this point it'd be incredible if they made the Skylanders Mask of Power book series into a game and had several gameplay styles like Sonic Adventure 1 and 2,with Spyro focusing on plataforming and bigger levels while the rest of the lead characters in the books focused on shoot-em-up sections,hack-and-slash, puzzle oriented or something along those lines.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#5 Posted: 20:10:40 21/12/2013
Pretty much go back to the gameplay that was similar to the original Spyro titles, from the very first game, up to A Hero's Tail. It would be nice if the levels were a lot longer, and the hub worlds are a lot larger than the actual levels themselves. And maybe try not to make it so much as a collect-a-thon, and not so much combat. I would like to see something different, I guess it's kind of hard to create something different, but enjoyable, and if it would fit well with Spyro as well; I mean, Insomniac have come up with innovative ways with Ratchet & Clank? Maybe they overdone it with All 4 One, and Q-Force.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:11:11 21/12/2013 by SuperSpyroFan
S P Y R O Blue Sparx Gems: 953
#6 Posted: 19:14:00 01/01/2014
I'd have a continuation from tlos based around dark spyro. If not, to bring skylanders spyro tlos spyro and classic spyro all together. They have to learn to cooperate to save the world from Malefor kaos and... Red? Or Ripto? You get the idea.
---
Spyro is cool, Spyro is cool. Anyone doesn't think Spyro's cool, must be a banana. smilie smilie
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#7 Posted: 23:51:33 01/01/2014
Quote: Hawaii Five o
well if they made another one i would think it should be spyro and cynder in their adult form and malephor comes back to get revenge. he gets stronger, and he gains a new army and his apes get stronger and more complicated.

you read my mind
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#8 Posted: 19:57:59 10/03/2014
[MODERATED BY AUTHOR]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:29:22 05/04/2014 by LocoGuy107
#9 Posted: 18:26:21 11/03/2014
[MODERATED BY AUTHOR]
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:30:02 05/04/2014 by LocoGuy107
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#10 Posted: 19:12:49 12/03/2014
Multiple posting much?

Easy on your story ideas now, Loco.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#11 Posted: 19:20:44 12/03/2014
I know, CRAZY IDEA, but, really, whenever I see something that makes me pop an idea in my head, I just write it down in that section. It's just a little habit that I have.

But, you know, pat least I'm sharing them. This was just a small idea at first, when it was "Hey, I'm-a COMBINE two of the Spyro series!!!!! It'll give an excuse for a great plot and thrilling gameplay!!!!!" I've been thinking about this for a while, and how elaborate it should be, and now I want this to spread out. I WANT a company to take my ideas, or better yet, take ME. I'm sick of Spyro: Shadow Legacy's cliffhanger!

BTW, what's your idea, Aura24?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:22:24 12/03/2014 by LocoGuy107
#12 Posted: 19:22:02 12/03/2014
Uh... yeah... I can see you're very obsessed, that's not healthy.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#13 Posted: 19:25:55 12/03/2014
I have a Statistics teacher who says it's better to get over-involved rather than under-involved. I mean, you want a new and decent Spyro game, right? Being too involved in something actually calls for something great, and that's practically what Einstein was made of.
#14 Posted: 21:43:51 12/03/2014
There's a difference between involved and stuffing your fanfic down everyone's throats.General is a slow part of the forum,people who read one topic probably read the rest and your several posts about it.
---
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#15 Posted: 21:51:54 12/03/2014
well im with you LocoGuy107, its only a pity I don't exactly have anything I could help with.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
#16 Posted: 22:09:53 12/03/2014
@Bifrost
I'm sorry, I just get hype about it.

@theuone
You can give platforming ideas. Whatever ideas you have, they may be good, although many aspects of platforming these days revolve around blending actual props with their environments (like Uncharted).

If you give more ideas for floating platforms, like DEAD FLOATING, I'd know where to put them.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#17 Posted: 01:59:31 13/03/2014
Quote: Aura24
Multiple posting much?

Easy on your story ideas now, Loco.

[User Posted Image]

Actually his posts exceed the character limit. That's why there are multiple of them.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#18 Posted: 02:17:12 13/03/2014
Well, he has been posting about his fanfic almost too much now... It's getting a little annoying.
---
#19 Posted: 02:39:51 13/03/2014
I'd only call it a fanfic if I put full chapters and dialogue. I'm just summarizing and telling how I think the game should work.
#20 Posted: 02:42:49 13/03/2014
A little too much I'd say. It's still a fan story, Loco. Bragging and spreading it around about it over and over and over isn't good "advertising".
---
#21 Posted: 02:46:02 13/03/2014
Well, I actually want to form my own company called MysticDragon in the future. Once I form it, we won't be cannon on the Spyro thing right away. What we'll do is make a few original games that stand out from most of the others, and then if we're convincing enough, we can make that game.

I mean, I can't do that NOW. I'm 16.
#22 Posted: 21:21:52 13/03/2014
You can do that now,go indie :U You'll have to live off noodles and Kickstarters,but as long as you have the programming/drawing knowledge,you can give it a go.
But again,we read your idea.We're not making it any more true than the Word file you probably have about it. Nor will the devs descend from their office and use your idea,actually that could kill the possible game since DarkSpyro is a pretty popular Spyro forum. Leave it at the Fandom section,and just calm down about it.
---
#23 Posted: 23:16:52 13/03/2014
I want it to be MORE than an indie, man. I know how to draw and I know how to program, but they're kind of basic skills (drew often as a kid and learned JavaScript through Codecademy, even though I haven't put my skills to good practice).
#24 Posted: 23:30:56 13/03/2014
Ugh... enough, Loco. Just stop. You've really gone loco...
---
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#25 Posted: 10:11:43 15/03/2014
A huge comeback of Classic Spyro, just for this one game I'd personally love immense amount of fan service and references to the older games just for the comeback. Alot like the first 4, homeworlds with portals where you have to collect gems, whatever else has gone missing in that game, and get to play minigames. I'd like Bianca to be a playable character this time around aswell as a return from Sheila and Agent 9. It would flaunt the next gen graphics quite a bit, with lots of beautiful scenery throughout. I would NOT want Insomniac to make it, as they said themselves, they ran out of ideas for the franchise, give it to someone else that has a ton of new ideas to implement while still making it feel like a real Spyro game. Just like they did with Throwback Galaxy, I'd like there to be an old returning level from one of the first three games, (possibly Fireworks Factory or something?) to return with some new twists and updated graphics, in fact, maybe they could make a whole homeworld with re-workings of some older levels? As long as they have a passion for it and understanding of the style of the Spyro universe, I don't really care who does the soundtrack. And there has to be a rainy level, Hurricos was gorgeous simply because of the rain in my opinion, imagine what a level like that would look like with PS4 graphics? I know all of this is farfetch'd but that'd be my dream Spyro game. ^w^

EDIT: Oh! And a humorous cutscene whenever you enter and exit a level for the first time like in Gateway to Glimmer. ^.^
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:15:57 15/03/2014 by TorchSheep
#26 Posted: 11:28:19 15/03/2014
Quote: TorchSheep
A huge comeback of Classic Spyro, just for this one game I'd personally love immense amount of fan service and references to the older games just for the comeback. Alot like the first 4, homeworlds with portals where you have to collect gems, whatever else has gone missing in that game, and get to play minigames. I'd like Bianca to be a playable character this time around aswell as a return from Sheila and Agent 9. It would flaunt the next gen graphics quite a bit, with lots of beautiful scenery throughout. I would NOT want Insomniac to make it, as they said themselves, they ran out of ideas for the franchise, give it to someone else that has a ton of new ideas to implement while still making it feel like a real Spyro game. Just like they did with Throwback Galaxy, I'd like there to be an old returning level from one of the first three games, (possibly Fireworks Factory or something?) to return with some new twists and updated graphics, in fact, maybe they could make a whole homeworld with re-workings of some older levels? As long as they have a passion for it and understanding of the style of the Spyro universe, I don't really care who does the soundtrack. And there has to be a rainy level, Hurricos was gorgeous simply because of the rain in my opinion, imagine what a level like that would look like with PS4 graphics? I know all of this is farfetch'd but that'd be my dream Spyro game. ^w^

EDIT: Oh! And a humorous cutscene whenever you enter and exit a level for the first time like in Gateway to Glimmer. ^.^

You'd think that High Impact would be interested in making a couple of classic Crash and Spyro games, since they're made up of the old staff from Insomniac and Naughty Dog, but I guess these types of platforming games have just died out now.
---
#27 Posted: 13:06:37 15/03/2014
[MODERATED BY AUTHOR]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:30:53 05/04/2014 by LocoGuy107
#28 Posted: 18:08:04 15/03/2014
SSF and Loco,it's not over for 3D plataformers just yet.No one here heard about A Hat in Time(http://hatintime.com/)? ._. It's pretty much Spyro,Crash,Banjo-Kazooie thrown into a blender,with a bit of LoZ: The Wind Waker spice and boiled with a nice quantity of weird.There are probably a bajilion other 3D plataformers also being made by indie groups,but A Hat in Time is one that's definately taking off.
---
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7699
#29 Posted: 16:58:02 15/04/2014
Quote: Razz
The Insomniac trilogy in HD with all the characters redone in Skylanders style. smilie

razz
waht ru doing
razz
stahp
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
ThunderBolt3811 Green Sparx Gems: 126
#30 Posted: 18:27:47 15/04/2014
I think the next Spyro game should be a Skyrim-style open world game where you can do quests at your own pace, explore/mess around all you want, and all the villains and characters from the classic games came back. I'm just hoping we don't get another Skylanders game since I didn't like Skylanders all that much.
---
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#31 Posted: 22:24:16 15/04/2014
Quote: Bifrost
SSF and Loco,it's not over for 3D plataformers just yet.No one here heard about A Hat in Time(http://hatintime.com/)? ._. It's pretty much Spyro,Crash,Banjo-Kazooie thrown into a blender,with a bit of LoZ: The Wind Waker spice and boiled with a nice quantity of weird.There are probably a bajilion other 3D plataformers also being made by indie groups,but A Hat in Time is one that's definately taking off.

I just wanted to thank you for posting that - I saw a video of it the other day in a livestream and I've been curious about it since (but also too lazy to search for it).
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#32 Posted: 23:33:59 15/04/2014
Spyro should stay dead.
#33 Posted: 23:41:49 15/04/2014
Quote: somePerson
Spyro should stay dead.

[User Posted Image]

You were saying?
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#34 Posted: 16:11:29 16/04/2014
A difficult 2D-style platformer with up to 4 players in co-op. Familiar enemies, locations, and bosses. And an art style and score that makes people get nostalgia flashbacks.

Basically make Rayman Origins but with Spyro. It won't be the most original thing out there but it could be what brings the franchise back in a big way if done right, and could open the gates for not only HD remakes of the Insomniac trilogy, but an entirely new game designed to be a modern day throwback to that trilogy.

LoS? Not much you can do with that one aside from HD remaking and demand for it is never going to be high enough. Leave it alone.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#35 Posted: 16:22:23 16/04/2014
I will always say like the old school ones in terms of gameplay but could be also made as a spin-off to Skylanders for the best chance of success. Spyro doesn't have to be alone, we should also play as Gill Grunt, Trigger Happy and Tree Rex.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
darkspyro199 Gold Sparx Gems: 2102
#36 Posted: 16:46:40 16/04/2014
No that would be terrible! Wouldn't have the same feel at all !
---
Been here 13 years now... D: Man I'm old.
#37 Posted: 17:27:26 16/04/2014
I'm just gonna say that Spyro: Shadow Legacy should get a sequel that makes TLoS tie with it.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#38 Posted: 18:13:50 16/04/2014
Quote: darkspyro199
No that would be terrible! Wouldn't have the same feel at all !

That's just the sad reality we live in. If someone suggested to Acitivision to bring back Spyro the way it was before, the higher-ups won't likely support it because it would confuse children who knew of Spyro from Skylanders but if you just have the gameplay that made Spyro great in the first place with the familiar mechanics, collectables and speedways with the lore, visuals and aesthetics of Skylanders, you can have spin-off called "Spyro the Skylander" as a spin-off to support the main series, in many ways, we all win.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7699
#39 Posted: 05:06:56 18/04/2014
Although the Classic trilogy is my favourite and always will be, I think that any reboot game made by Insomniac (if they ever did) wouldn't be the same, because it won't be Classic Spyro. If any Spyro game should be made it should be more of the Legend series or DS games.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#40 Posted: 12:27:27 18/04/2014
Quote: Jaggedstar
Although the Classic trilogy is my favourite and always will be, I think that any reboot game made by Insomniac (if they ever did) wouldn't be the same, because it won't be Classic Spyro. If any Spyro game should be made it should be more of the Legend series or DS games.

Yeah, you know, I think Shadow Legacy had unrealized potential. I think they should make a sequel to that, and make the Shadowstone have a bigger role.
#41 Posted: 19:49:55 18/04/2014
Quote: Jaggedstar

Well you don't know until they make it, IF they make it, you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, especially when it's not even be done.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me