darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Whoops... Chill is invulnerable in Swap Force...
Page 1 of 1
Whoops... Chill is invulnerable in Swap Force... [CLOSED]
WhoDaGoose Red Sparx Gems: 40
#1 Posted: 05:21:42 05/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Yup.

It is very difficult for a QA team to fully test such a gigantic roster, so things like this happen in games. But has anybody else figured out the exploit that makes Chill invulnerable? (Kaos can still foot stomp directly on her for damage, as well as hit her with "the darkness" beam... unless I just haven't figured out the trick for them yet...)

Anyways, it totally breaks the game (and PVP), but if you want to pursue making Chill invulnerable to each type of enemy in the game here is a hint:

It has a lot to do with positioning to maintain it. Standing still is just a part of it.

I just cake walked over Mesmerelda on Nightmare for my 'no damage' third star in story mode, and I only stood in two places on the board. I still need to get the third star on Kaos' Mom and Kaos himself. (round 2 of Kaos' Mom is difficult to trick the positions when the healer(s) drop, and Kaos just requires a lot of patience)

I had to go back and check Giants for the same exploit, but it doesn't exist in the last game smilie oh well...

-Goose
Wrecking_Ball Green Sparx Gems: 367
#2 Posted: 07:07:29 05/11/2013
Sounds interesting, what Chill are we talking about?
- Chill
- Lightcore Chill
- Legendary Lightcore Chill
- Blizzard Chill
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#3 Posted: 08:53:34 05/11/2013
yes ^ that... and you're not giving details on how she's invicible.... or what makes her invincible. Chill's one of my top 5 Skylanders favorites but I only got Series 1 Chill.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#4 Posted: 09:43:49 05/11/2013
It's not like it's impossible to beat the levels without the need to do that. It just depends on the Skylander you are using, also how much of an effort you put into your Portal Master Rank.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#5 Posted: 10:34:06 05/11/2013
Chill is much more powerful in SF. I have triggered this exploit in PVP but never figured out how.
#6 Posted: 13:50:39 05/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I only discovered it by accident when I was repeating the beginning of Iron Jaw Gulch just to finish her quest to defeat 25 fire golems.

It happened twice by accident when I stopped caring to dodge the flame thrower (standing still). So I tried to replicate the conditions for not taking damage and succeeded. However, when I continued on with the game I noticed different enemy types could break the invulnerability. When trying to adapt, I found out it has to do with the way the game performs hit detection for each type.

I B-lined over to Mesmerelda and after 3 initial fails, I figured out how each enemy type of attack needed positioning against and scored the perfect 'no damage' star by standing still in two locations.

-Goose
japhethshemham Green Sparx Gems: 200
#7 Posted: 14:20:47 05/11/2013
again, which Chill?
- Chill
- Lightcore Chill
- Blizzard Chill
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#8 Posted: 15:22:15 05/11/2013
Are you sure you didn't use Chill's shield to avoid damage?
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#9 Posted: 18:46:19 05/11/2013
If there is some glitch making her invulnerable how does it work?

Also, it would not matter which toy you had. It is a software glitch in the game, not related to the toys.
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
SSj3 Derek Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#10 Posted: 19:37:29 05/11/2013
Is this some of sort of trolling? Maybe an "I'm going to tell you there is this insane glitch, then drop cryptic hints and see how many people will get frustrated after hours trying to figure it out." sort of thing. A brand new account with 0 gems, too. Maybe I am wrong, but it definitely sounds fishy.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:39:53 05/11/2013 by SSj3 Derek
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#11 Posted: 22:34:27 05/11/2013
And what system? You're VERY vague.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
siowm6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#12 Posted: 02:33:16 06/11/2013
Quote: SSj3 Derek
Is this some of sort of trolling? Maybe an "I'm going to tell you there is this insane glitch, then drop cryptic hints and see how many people will get frustrated after hours trying to figure it out." sort of thing. A brand new account with 0 gems, too. Maybe I am wrong, but it definitely sounds fishy.

And no YouTube videos to be found, or any other hits on the internet about it. I definitely agree until some real proof comes forward.
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#13 Posted: 02:48:27 06/11/2013
I GOTTA KNOW!
Because I love how Blizzard C looks, but she doesn't seem worth buying.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#14 Posted: 04:11:26 06/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: japhethshemham
again, which Chill?
- Chill
- Lightcore Chill
- Blizzard Chill

Oh, sorry. No, it doesn't matter which edition of Chill you use. It isn't related to the Wow Pow with Orcas or anything like that. So you will be able to do this with any of them.

Did anybody notice that the charged Narwhal attack can break shielded enemies?

-Goose
#15 Posted: 04:35:39 06/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: SSj3 Derek

Indeed, my post seems dubious in nature. I don't blame any suspicious reaction. But rest assured, I am a huge fan of Fred Ford and Paul Reiche's work, from Archon all the way up to Star Control II and would never troll any of their projects.

btw Glitches are things which you cannot figure out how to reproduce, Bugs are consistent errors in code, Exploits are rules in the game you can abuse. Chill being invulnerable is an exploit. They changed the mechanics of how she works between Giants and Swap Force, it just took some time to notice the points where she takes no damage and figuring out how to abuse them beyond how they were intended. Wham-Shell was released last in the first Skylanders because they discovered his "Mace Master" combo could instantly kill any stationary enemy (or one against a wall).

I own the Xbox 360 version currently. When the XBone launches I will be picking up that edition and testing the DVR function by recording/sharing footage of defeating Mesmerelda with no damage just standing in two places. I will most likely title it "Skylanders Swap Force - Invulnerable Chill - 3 star Mesmerelda No Damage" or something shorter to fit...

I just posted to see if other people had stumbled upon this. Like I said in the original post, QA teams have a hard enough time as is, and a roster this size will result in something unintended slipping by. I was glad to see at least one other user noticing something fishy (no pun intended) in PVP with Chill.

-Goose
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:36:48 06/11/2013 by WhoDaGoose
#16 Posted: 13:20:09 06/11/2013
The Chill glitch happened with my Blizzard Chill, on the Wii version. Super Evil Kaos stomped directly on her, and she "blocked" 480 damage.

It happened 3 times.

I didn't even know about the Wham-Shell glitch.
---
#17 Posted: 14:18:48 06/11/2013
So, lemme get this straight... in some areas, Chill's blocking makes her unbeatable?
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#18 Posted: 14:39:47 06/11/2013
Quote: Doomslicer
So, lemme get this straight... in some areas, Chill's blocking makes her unbeatable?

No, she can stand perfectly still, not performing any actions, and still avoid damage.
---
#19 Posted: 14:43:56 06/11/2013
Still confused, but now I want her.
---
GamerGroovenik Blue Sparx Gems: 523
#20 Posted: 11:00:33 07/11/2013
@Matteomax I'm going to have to check on the Wham-Shell glitch also.

@Doomslicer - I'm also confused...

It would be nice if people at least expanded a bit on some of the actions/attacks/circumstances they were using that led to this. It's not like the game is patchable, so there is no threat of this being removed. I'm sure the folks at Toys For Bob (the team working on the 4th Skylanders game) will correct it regardless.
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#21 Posted: 15:02:29 07/11/2013
WhoDaGoose: I'm surprised that I never heard about this Whamshell exploit before. I'll have to try it!

And all chill has to do to be invulnerable is stand still? Weird!
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
Madara Uchiha Blue Sparx Gems: 755
#22 Posted: 01:13:07 08/11/2013
Not sure if its what Whodagoose is talking about, but i tested this out with my legendary lightcore

chill. For one his shield move where you hold down the button for him to block with the shield

completely negates attacks (from the front). I read that somone said that Swap force was

suposed to change all blocking to where you still take damage, just less damage. For example i

tested the same thing on Chop Chop and he takes damage everytime. So im guessing this is

where whodagoose is saying they messed up, because hes not suposed to be able to completely

block attacks. However unless there is more to it he is not invulnerable. You can still be hit from

behind. He can only completely block attacks from the front. I tried it out on

Mesmerelda, while true you can block the bombs and the puppets, but you still can be hit from

behind, and you still have to move to get to the stage lights etc. You cant just sit still and you can

still be hit if your not careful. It cant block everything, attacks that come down on top of your head

for instance still hit you etc.
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#23 Posted: 01:48:41 08/11/2013
Quote: Madara Uchiha
Not sure if its what Whodagoose is talking about, but i tested this out with my legendary lightcore

chill. For one his shield move where you hold down the button for him to block with the shield

completely negates attacks (from the front). I read that somone said that Swap force was

suposed to change all blocking to where you still take damage, just less damage. For example i

tested the same thing on Chop Chop and he takes damage everytime. So im guessing this is

where whodagoose is saying they messed up, because hes not suposed to be able to completely

block attacks. However unless there is more to it he is not invulnerable. You can still be hit from

behind. He can only completely block attacks from the front. I tried it out on

Mesmerelda, while true you can block the bombs and the puppets, but you still can be hit from

behind, and you still have to move to get to the stage lights etc. You cant just sit still and you can

still be hit if your not careful. It cant block everything, attacks that come down on top of your head

for instance still hit you etc.

Chill is a She...
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
Madara Uchiha Blue Sparx Gems: 755
#24 Posted: 02:10:18 08/11/2013
Quote:
Chill is a She...

irellevant
jeffro2000 Blue Sparx Gems: 780
#25 Posted: 03:17:10 08/11/2013
Yeah, I don't get this. I tried it on Mesmerelda's level, and basically died with her. She didn't block anything by just standing still. I didn't try the shield to be honest. Don't see how you can only stay in 2 spots either when you have to hit the lights, while moving with spinning things and bombs coming at you.

Good to know about the shield though. I am not saying you didn't do it, I just don't understand how. I was able to complete the level with no damage using Chill though the "old fashioned" way.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me