darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: Swap Force Edition
First | Previous | Page 4 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: Swap Force Edition [STICKY]
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#151 Posted: 02:54:41 25/11/2013
I read rumors about a glitch that makes all versions of Chill invincible, can anyone elaborate on this?
We might have to consider her placement in S tier.
zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2521
#152 Posted: 21:43:58 25/11/2013
Quote: Hazard335
I read rumors about a glitch that makes all versions of Chill invincible, can anyone elaborate on this?
We might have to consider her placement in S tier.

Or, she can be placed in a new tier for Glitched/Unworking Characters.
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#153 Posted: 23:41:06 25/11/2013 | Topic Creator
All of this information has been taken down in my archives, but again, I won't be able to act on much of it until after we've done some re-sorting of the Tier list in its current form first.
We need to analyse that A Tier, people!

@killercore007: Your Boomer strategy sounds awesome! Can you back up your A Tier suggestion with some more specific comparisons to some individual characters? Also: One of Boomer's problems back in 'Giants is that his health was really low. Is this still a problem in Swap Force?

@Hazard335: I'd appreciate it if someone could drop me some links to where they've heard about this. It sounds interesting - and possibly worrying.

• Rattle Shake / Coiled Ammunition / Bone Herder placed in S Tier.
  • Rattle Shake / Coiled Ammunition / Grave Springer placed in S Tier.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
DraculauraXXX Blue Sparx Gems: 654
#154 Posted: 06:00:43 26/11/2013
Quote: EgoNaut
@Hazard335: I'd appreciate it if someone could drop me some links to where they've heard about this. It sounds interesting - and possibly worrying.

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=92884

Deputy's Duty is better then Coiled Ammunition tho right? (even if it is marginal)
I'm about to choose a path for Rattle, and just wanted to make sure.

also I think there is a typo in the tire list regarding Star Strike, the proper name for her paths (according to the guide book) are Cosmic Reflector and Star Gazer
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 06:07:23 26/11/2013 by DraculauraXXX
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7341
#155 Posted: 08:00:00 26/11/2013
I have Skylanders Swap Force now, so I can help with tier placements. I haven't done any proper testing yet, but I'll be sure to do so when I get to it.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
#156 Posted: 22:38:00 26/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: DraculauraXXX

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=92884

Deputy's Duty is better then Coiled Ammunition tho right? (even if it is marginal)
I'm about to choose a path for Rattle, and just wanted to make sure.

also I think there is a typo in the tire list regarding Star Strike, the proper name for her paths (according to the guide book) are Cosmic Reflector and Star Gazer

I think we'll need to wait for some details on what actually causes that glitch to occur at all before we can assess whether it affects PvP.
Thanks for the link, though. smilie

From my understanding, the difference between Rattle's upgrade paths is pretty marginal, though I'd recommend you wait for somebody else's opinion on that as I haven't used him myself.

I did a little research and it turns out you're absolutely right about Star Strike! I'll edit the first posts...
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#157 Posted: 00:29:08 27/11/2013
I still suggest moving down Sprocket to B-Tier, if that hasn't been done.
GhostRoaster24 Blue Sparx Gems: 942
#158 Posted: 18:35:06 27/11/2013
Oh boy. I was very hesitant about this game when it first came out, but it seems to be growing on me! I'm getting it for Christmas, so I can't wait to finally start contributing on the tiering for Swap Force! I helped on the Giants' Tier List, so I have a bit of experience! smilie
---
Tumblr: hunter-alex
#159 Posted: 23:23:42 28/11/2013 | Topic Creator
@Arc of Archives: I haven't forgotten! For some reason I was thinking I'd wait for Sprocket to be moved as a result of our re-evaluation of the A Tier. That said, you provided a good enough argument that I could just move it anyway...

@GhostRoaster24: I look forward to hearing your contributions! smilie
---
skilletmonkey Green Sparx Gems: 216
#160 Posted: 07:22:54 29/11/2013
Boomers health is still a problem imo. Also that bullrush tactic sounds pretty awesome but can it hold its ground against bumble blasts and rattle shakes slow. If you do not have them i can do the testing myself. Also i agree with whoever said boomjet was a tier. His soulgem for jet absolutely destroys melee chars. His heal is nice too but you have to be careful against fast people who can nab the supply crate before you ( magna charge) also the storm football path isnt as useless as you might think. Its range and aoe are much better and with use of telepoters and can harass enemies really easily. The storms it leaves behind also arent bad as they can provide zones of cover against chars who need to close in to do damage
#161 Posted: 08:12:35 29/11/2013
I discovered a big flaw with Hot Head. Now, when you use the Flamethrower attack, you turn way too slowly, so an opponent can get in a few hits if Hot Head is using it. Basically, the speed of the attacks had been lowered a lot. Also, damage may have decreased to 28(?).

Stealth Elf's blade speed has decreased slightly. Not that it should affect battles much.

I will do more Battle Mode soon so I can help with A-Tier.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:40:22 29/11/2013 by gillgrunt987
killercore007 Green Sparx Gems: 431
#162 Posted: 17:11:28 30/11/2013
Quote: skilletmonkey
Boomers health is still a problem imo. Also that bullrush tactic sounds pretty awesome but can it hold its ground against bumble blasts and rattle shakes slow. If you do not have them i can do the testing myself. Also i agree with whoever said boomjet was a tier. His soulgem for jet absolutely destroys melee chars. His heal is nice too but you have to be careful against fast people who can nab the supply crate before you ( magna charge) also the storm football path isnt as useless as you might think. Its range and aoe are much better and with use of telepoters and can harass enemies really easily. The storms it leaves behind also arent bad as they can provide zones of cover against chars who need to close in to do damage

You do get a nice speed burst off of bullrush, which may negate the slow just enough to keep on them. Will need to test though. As for Boomer's health, yes, 865 at lv 20 is a bit low, but he's not a character who sits around and isn't really a melee character either so...
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#163 Posted: 21:04:27 30/11/2013
I'll do some testing on Countdowns Rocketeer path, see waht happens.
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
samuraituretsky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#164 Posted: 02:44:16 01/12/2013
Quote: skilletmonkey
...that bullrush tactic sounds pretty awesome but can it hold its ground against bumble blasts and rattle shakes slow?

I don't have them and I don't really have another person to test with these days. The Bullrush front damage is really just a headbutt, but the Bullrush part continues on through the target, keeping the dash going so you're all set to chain another headbutt, and another, and another etc.. The headbutt locks on and will charge the opponent at very high speed from surprisingly long range, so I'm thinking a slow is not going to stop it. Would love if you could test it, but you need to get the strat down. It's basically just constant headbutt into Bullrush, staying in constant dash and steering her. It's really simple, just holding circle for ~1s every ~1.5s or so and steering her in a figure 8 pattern or circles.

I started out mainly just playing the new characters because my muscle memory on the old characters combined with the new controls was really frustrating. Now that I've thrown some of my older characters on more, I'm noticing that most the old ones have differences in this new game and they are typically not advantageous. I think it's a result of the developer swap, and I'm guessing there was some sort of game engine swap as well since the graphics changed so much in Swap Force.

Gill Grunt can no longer be using his big hose attack and then hit the jetpack while doing it. This is a huge drawback. You have to completely stop the hose for ~1s if you decide to start jetpacking or if you want to change the direction he's facing during the jetpack while using the hose. It's a major hindrance.

Whirlwind's flying is terrible now. She used to be one of the best for flying during combat.

I don't know. I have a feeling all the newer characters are going to turn out stronger in this game because the mechanics of the old ones haven't been transferred over exactly how they were before and the changes seem to mostly be a huge downgrade from what I've seen.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
Slivers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1387
#165 Posted: 18:41:28 02/12/2013
EgoNaut - Can we get a "Last Edited: XX/XX/XXX XX:XX" at the beginning of the PVP list, pretty please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:41:53 02/12/2013 by Slivers
samuraituretsky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#166 Posted: 20:34:57 02/12/2013
Quote: killercore007
You do get a nice speed burst off of bullrush, which may negate the slow just enough to keep on them. Will need to test though. As for Boomer's health, yes, 865 at lv 20 is a bit low, but he's not a character who sits around and isn't really a melee character either so...

I think what may negate a slow more for Roller Brawl is the front-end of the Bullrush which is really just a headbutt. It locks on and charges to the target very quickly from up to fairly long range. I can't see a slow having much of an effect on this kind of mechanic.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
#167 Posted: 00:13:50 03/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Slivers
EgoNaut - Can we get a "Last Edited: XX/XX/XXX XX:XX" at the beginning of the PVP list, pretty please?

Isn't there technically already one of those in the bar at the bottom of every post that says "Edited X times, last edited at ____"?

For you, i'll add one anyway, just because it's not hard. smilie
---
DraculauraXXX Blue Sparx Gems: 654
#168 Posted: 09:01:53 03/12/2013
So I now have my Rattle on the Deputy's Duty path, but would like some input on what is the better for Shake.
I looked threw this thread and dont think anyone did any testing at all on Bone Herder or Grave Springer (most likely because none was needed to place him in the tire list)
also I think I am going to have the same problem with Night's paths, Proper Vampire or Champion Fighter?
Zenephret Green Sparx Gems: 183
#169 Posted: 15:03:39 03/12/2013
@Draculaura: I did not test both paths of Rattle Shake so I can't give you a good opinion there, but I personally feel Night Shift's better upper path is Proper Vampire for the following reasons.

I don't remember the exact statistics, but Champion Fighter only affects his charged uppercut. I believe it only added 30 worth of damage, 15 for each upgrade. The main point of the path is you get coins every time you hit an enemy with the uppercut. Receiving gold in battle arenas won't help you out much and the 30 additional damage is nice but you have to charge it first. I didn't see any damage increase to the normal fist attacks.

The proper vampire path increases the damage your bite attack does to 60 and increases the amount you heal by 10 to a total of 30. It also does damage overtime at 12 a hit for five hits, so overall the attack is doing 120 damage assuming no critical hits occur.

Punch Attack - 32
Uppercut - 115
Bite - 60 + 12 at 5 hits over time and it heals you of 30 health

The champion fighter path focuses on obtaining gold, while I feel the proper vampire path increases the utility of Night Shift in PVP.

As for Rattle Shake - I hope you don't mind me making a suggestion.
The gold and level are saved on the top path of the Skylander, so for Rattle Shake purchase the bottom path you think is better and if you find out later or you don't like it reset just the bottom half. If your upper half has enough gold you can buy all the upgrades for the bottom half on the second path. I've done this multiple times to test both lower paths. Alternatively, you can place Rattle Shakes bottom half on another Skylander's top half that has a ton of gold and purchase the upgrades that way. You may already know this, but if your like me I don't want to wait around forever to find out which path is better. You can test the bottom paths with relative ease. If you know the sky diamond technique you can acquire gold very fast, otherwise bonus missions are a good way to get gold fast.

Lastly, both bottom paths for Rattle Shake seemed good when I tried them a while ago. I only went with the Bone Herder path b/c the bone snakes looked awesome coming out of the ground, the other path may be better though.
Jakemouse Blue Sparx Gems: 690
#170 Posted: 18:17:30 05/12/2013
Scorp is OP.
---
The Dream Team: smilie smilie smilie smilie
Slivers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1387
#171 Posted: 02:15:46 06/12/2013
Quote: Slivers

Isn't there technically already one of those in the bar at the bottom of every post that says "Edited X times, last edited at ____"?

For you, i'll add one anyway, just because it's not hard. smilie

Well I'll be darned, there is that there! In my defense, it is hard to find when browsing on an iPhone smilie

THANKS, EgoNaut!!!!

smilie
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#172 Posted: 02:26:54 06/12/2013
Quote: Jakemouse
Scorp is OP.

How so?
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#173 Posted: 17:22:10 06/12/2013
Quote: hardcoreignitor
Quote: Jakemouse
Scorp is OP.

How so?

I'm curious as well... looking at his upgrades he seems weak.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#174 Posted: 19:19:12 06/12/2013
I noticed that:
Eye Brawl - Brawler path is better than Eye for eye path. Now his eye is very very slow and weak. His punch and combo do high damage and the armor give more protection.
Bouncer - His rocket path his overpowered now. A rocket do 50 dmg, with the Rockets on Demand he can launch unlimited rockets very fast.
Hot Head - His burminator path looks weak now. I'll try to change into the right path.
Fright Rider - His Sir Lance A Lot path is better because his Joust Jockey path was very nerfed, uneseful combo and slow spin.
Flameslinger - His pyromancer stay powerful, they buffed it.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:22:56 06/12/2013 by Buuzer
#175 Posted: 00:27:00 07/12/2013
Glacier Yeti Slam Bam, Glacier Yeti Slam Bam. Where to begin.

It's been a while since I last tested him, so forgive me for my brevity, but...

His punches do horridly average damage by SF standards and his Ice Prisons no longer freeze the opponent in place. E-TIER.

This might seem like I'm just demanding to move him to E-Tier, but in his case it really warrants the most blunt explanation possible. He was already bad before, they just upped his damage a teensy tiny bit but made everything else about him worse. He's also slower than before(by the way, no, Sleigh Me! does not make up for the fact that his second attack- the focus of the path- is now useless and while it helps alleviate the punching, that alone does not fix him). Any good opponent with a decent character can easily pummel Glacier Yeti Slam Bam without taking too much damage, and Glacier Yeti himself seriously lacks focus, so he's not particularly good at anything.

In comparison, the other character I suggested for D/E-Tier- Slobber Tooth- well, they fare pretty similarly, from my testing. Neither is especially good at anything and both are destroyed by anything in C or higher. I think these two should both be placed in E-Tier, possible nominations for D in the future but seeming unlikely. (By the way, I still haven't tried Slobber Tooth's Food Eater yet, but I still can't imagine it being so much better it would up him to D-Tier.)

@Draculaura: I have a Shake down Grave Springer. I think the charge up secondary move could be used to get him some distance, possibly, but seems unlikely. It's not a very powerful attack and takes some time to charge, so I would go with Bone Herder, but I didn't try that much either. It's been a while since I played him, so take that with a pinch of salt. Shake isn't great in PVP no matter wether you pick Bone or Grave, from my experience, so I would say just pick which you find more fun for Story. You can always reset the bottom and upgrade it the other way by using a top half that has a lot of gold.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:35:22 07/12/2013 by Arc of Archives
#176 Posted: 15:03:56 07/12/2013 | Topic Creator
I'd be interested to hear some ellaboration in regards to Scorp's effectiveness in PvP.

Arc of Achives makes a strong case about Slam Bam / Glacier Yeti. Would anyone else agree to having Glacier Yeti in E Tier?

Just reminding everyone that if we want to really get this tier list moving along, we need analysis on the Skylanders currently in the A Tier!
---
sustainablspyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1648
#177 Posted: 02:01:22 09/12/2013
I think smilie Dream-Weaver / Escape Artist should be in S tier. My opponent, less skillful, at level 20, used Hoot Loop to crush level 11 smilie and smilie in rampart ruins, both with S tier level paths. Also, I support the sticky.
---
Bye everyone. After the hack thing, I'm leaving.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#178 Posted: 06:46:58 09/12/2013
Zoo Lou Bucking Boar should be B, A or S tier.

If you ride the boar send out a wolf and spam birds, your opponent is defeated easily.

I beat Slobber Tooth Seismic Tail and Smolderdash Sun Forged-I need to do more tests on stronger Skylanders.

Wrecking Ball total tongue should be moved higher.

With Wrecking Ball Total Tongue I defeated Ghost Roaster Skull Master and Series 2 Terrafin Brawler.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:09:59 09/12/2013 by wreckingballbob
#179 Posted: 11:20:06 09/12/2013
Let's talk Series 3 Gill Grunt. I tested him against Magna Charge today... And according to my opponent (though yet to test with my own hands) while you are stuck in his Wow Pow you cannot attack. Anyone more knowledgeable about the limitations of this? If it works against EVERYTHING, I can see AA Gill Grunt being A-Tier with good S-Tier potential.

The Wow Pow is a little off putting to aim at first but is much easier when you get used to it. It also sucks enemies in from a radius, which makes up for the aim somewhat. And once you actually get your opponent stuck in it once? Tough luck for them getting out, since they'll just be stuck in the spot the whirlpool is in so it's not hard to keep spamming it on them in the same spot. That means that they are basically screwed, unable to attack or escape the vortex.

The damage isn't bad either, for an attack that (seemingly) essentially disables your opponent, 20 damage 5 times.

Testing him more later but I thought this was especially interesting.
Zenephret Green Sparx Gems: 183
#180 Posted: 16:27:36 09/12/2013
@Sustainablespyro - While Dreamweaver/escape artist may indeed be S-Tier, you really should test him against other characters at the same level or higher. If you would have said Hoot Loop was at level 11 and Rattle Shake and Night Shift were at level 20, then the win would be much more impressive. Again though, he may be S-Tier but not being near the same level can distort data is all I'm trying to say.

About Scorp, I to am interested to hear how he is over powered as well. I briefly tested both paths and both seemed relatively weak, especially his Venomancer path. The crystals receive minimal damage upgrades of 2 and 3 damage, the damage radius is still very small, and the Venomous Crystals upgrade requires a significant amount of time to charge and the crystal itself and the two smaller poison crystals are very easy to avoid. I think about of ten times using the attack, I could only get the poison crystals to hit once. Don't get me wrong, when they hit they do great damage, but it is to hard to get a connection.

The Stinger path increases the tail's damage from 12 to 35 and poison damage from 10 to 14, a much higher increase than 14/26 (14 being contact and 26 being explosion) damage for the crystals on Venomancer compared to 12/23 on Stinger, a 2 and 3 damage increase.

I may have missed something and that's why I am so interested as I desperately would like Scorp to be a strong character as he is such a cool looking figure. He just seems weak to me though.
#181 Posted: 17:09:13 12/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Can anyone else confirm the properties of S3 Gill Grunt's Wow Pow that Arc of Archives is talking about? They sound incredibly overpowered. smilie

A couple of you said there that Hoot Loop / Dream Weaver / Escape Artist should be in S Tier, but on-one's actually told me why: How does his attack strategy work, and do these attacks make him broken as opposed to just very powerful? When I looked at Hoot Loop's abilities and upgrades myself, I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be looking at. Is it something about his teleporting or hypnosis abilities that make him overpowered, or is it more to do with the damage of his attacks? Some clarification would really be appreciated.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:15:16 12/12/2013 by EgoNaut
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#182 Posted: 17:54:49 12/12/2013
Shame this thread isn't taking off like the last one. Hope that'll change soon.
So, Drilly isn't as overpowered as before?
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#183 Posted: 17:57:55 12/12/2013
Series 2 Gill Grunt has a better wow-pow than Anchors Away.
---
#184 Posted: 19:20:17 12/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Doomslicer
Shame this thread isn't taking off like the last one. Hope that'll change soon.
So, Drilly isn't as overpowered as before?

We're in a bit of a dilemna in that everyone is eager to test and provide suggestions about the new Skylanders added in Swap Force, but we are unable to place those Skylanders accurately in tiers until we've first re-evaluated the changes made to all the old Skylanders - a task which no-one seems willing to do.

I'm personally not too bothered by it. I'm happy to just chip away at the task at hand as people provide their suggestions, but I bet it must be irritating for people who are actually eager to see a working tier list of Swap Force made available to them, because at the moment ours clearly isn't. smilie

I must admit I feel what we could really do with right now is someone like Tashiji from the previous tier list threads; someone who will go the whole way to thoroughly and objectively evaluate large numbers of the old Skylanders in one go. If someone was willing to do that sort of work to all of the old pre-swap force Skylanders then it would really get things moving around here.
---
#185 Posted: 19:29:40 12/12/2013
I have all from Spyro's Adventure and Giants except series 2 Drobot.

I could try help!
---
#186 Posted: 21:58:52 12/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: wreckingballbob
I have all from Spyro's Adventure and Giants except series 2 Drobot.

I could try help!

That would be really, really helpful. smilie

Remember that we don't just need to know how the old skylanders have changed, - more importantly we need to know how they compare to eachother now and whether they still belong in the tiers they are currently in.
---
#187 Posted: 15:24:05 13/12/2013
I'll get some testing done today. I'm focusing on.my Hot Head (Burninator) as he seemed heavily needed when I last used him. Results of my tests later.
---
#188 Posted: 09:41:54 14/12/2013
Okay guys, I'm putting this in this thread because I contributed the most here and this was the only one I cared for that much. I won't be making many more PVP contributions from now, because between all the sites I visit I've decided that I don't enjoy visiting darkSpyro that much any more and am leaving the forum. Good luck with the tiering guys, and sorry I won't be helping you with it any more. I didn't post here much in the past couple of weeks, and did a lot of testing I never ended up posting about, but it was really fun and kept PVP interesting for me. I intend to keep an eye on this thread a little because I do find it really fun, though, so maybe I'll be posting once or twice in a while if something needs more input.
#189 Posted: 17:25:15 15/12/2013
I will need advice on how to properly text these and ask someone in my family to help me.
---
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#190 Posted: 18:33:28 15/12/2013
I have my S2 Cynder on the Lightning path and here is what I've got.

Attack 1 covers less area, and damage is about the same. I've noticed she goes farther and a bit faster on her Attack 2. The move where the ghost explodes does less damage and covers less area. Her flying is the same I guess and the Lightning while flying does a little less damage. I think she goes in B Tier. Not broken, not weak, but just right.
---
My life is complete.
#191 Posted: 23:03:33 15/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Arc of Archives
Okay guys, I'm putting this in this thread because I contributed the most here and this was the only one I cared for that much. I won't be making many more PVP contributions from now, because between all the sites I visit I've decided that I don't enjoy visiting darkSpyro that much any more and am leaving the forum. Good luck with the tiering guys, and sorry I won't be helping you with it any more. I didn't post here much in the past couple of weeks, and did a lot of testing I never ended up posting about, but it was really fun and kept PVP interesting for me. I intend to keep an eye on this thread a little because I do find it really fun, though, so maybe I'll be posting once or twice in a while if something needs more input.

This is quite a shame, but I am very greatful for the fantastic input you have made to this thread thus far, and any contributions you decide to make in the future will always be welcome. smilie

EDIT: @Wreckingballbob: All you need to do to "test" the A Tier Skylanders is to carry out lots and lots of battles between just those A Tier Skylanders...
To remain in the A Tier, those Skylanders need to compete fairly reasonably against most other Skylanders in that same tier. If you notice any Skylanders that lose too much against the others in the tier, then tell us to move them down to B Tier. Likewise, if you notice any that are far too powerful then tell us to move them up to S Tier, though remember that the usual rule of S Tier applies that a Skylander can only qualify for S Tier if it can compete with most of the overpowered Skylanders that currently constitute the S Tier.

EDIT: @MagicFizz: This is useful information about Cynder. smilie However, you may need to back up your B Tier suggestion with some performance comparisons with some other B Tier characters. (Before you do this you may want to wait until we've sorted through more of the old Skylanders and established which ones constitute the B Tier.)
Remember: A Skylander's tier is not just a "power rating" of how good they are. - It's a comparison of how well they perform in PvP compared to how all other Skylanders perform, and the natural peer group they fall into as a result.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:17:21 15/12/2013 by EgoNaut
Tigerbear222 Green Sparx Gems: 358
#192 Posted: 23:23:10 15/12/2013
Hey guys, I was wondering if I could help with the list? I have almost all characters from SSA and all new characters from SG, but very few from SSF. If there is anything I could help with, feel free to reply!
---
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thetigerbearman123
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#193 Posted: 01:37:11 16/12/2013
Quote:
EDIT: @MagicFizz: This is useful information about Cynder. smilie However, you may need to back up your B Tier suggestion with some performance comparisons with some other B Tier characters. (Before you do this you may want to wait until we've sorted through more of the old Skylanders and established which ones constitute the B Tier.)
Remember: A Skylander's tier is not just a "power rating" of how good they are. - It's a comparison of how well they perform in PvP compared to how all other Skylanders perform, and the natural peer group they fall into as a result.

Thanks for the info Ego smilie

Bye AOA. You will be missed. I remember our small chat.
---
My life is complete.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#194 Posted: 03:22:46 16/12/2013
Quote: Arc of Archives

I'm sad. Don't be a stranger...I enjoyed our conversations.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
skilletmonkey Green Sparx Gems: 216
#195 Posted: 05:00:03 16/12/2013
ya s3 gill grunt is super op. The pow will suck them in and they can do nought about it. THey can attack sometimes but not at the nornal rate of fire or with any planned aim. Also once you catch them once you can keep firing it in the same position and this WILL stun lock them. Tooo crazy.
crocko33 Blue Sparx Gems: 685
#196 Posted: 14:32:38 16/12/2013
Seems like there are too many "so-and-so" is op comments. Those don't mean anything unless you are comparing "similar" characters and how they perform against each other.
---
55 out of 80 Skylanders -- Activate account = crocko33
#197 Posted: 16:51:44 16/12/2013
Bye Arc, sad to see you go. You've been a great help in this thread and have made several great posts about what tiers should contain which Skylanders.

Anyway: I was cut off from my testing too shortly, but I came up with a verdict on Hot Head (Burninator).

So, after I tested Hot Head in Battle Mode, I came to the conclusion that he should no longer be in A-tier. It's all because of one glaring flaw in the plan: turning. This doesn't seem like much of a problem, but with this path it is. I tested him against A and S tiers and results weren't great. Say Night Shift was in Giants. Hot Head could rapidly turn to face Night Shift after a teleport and deal some quick damage onto him. In Swap Force, he turns so slow that Night Shift would easily pummel him. Granted, you could just stop the attack and turn towards him but it would consume too much time. Also, his "fire" rate has decreased slightly. The oil attacks don't seem to be affected much in Swap Force. I tested him against Night Shift(?/Underbat), Stealth Elf S1 Pook Blade Saint and Slam Bam S2 Blizzard Brawler. He lost all 3 of them. My opponent was as skilled as I am, so it was a fair battle. Against Night Shift, he couldn't turn quick enough and lost to the teleport projectiles/punches. Against Stealth Elf, she was too quick and again he couldn't get her quick enough. He was close though. S2 Slam Bam just got Hot Head with less than 20 HP left. It was more of a hit and run match really, as Slam Bam used his sleigh and ice prisons to stop Hot Head momentarily. His damage is quite similar to Giants, and his Oil attacks are pretty much the same. But my final verdict on his tier placement? C-tier. He is still powerful, but the turning flaw and reduced "fire" rate just render him much less useful than in Giants. I will see if I can get more testing done soon.
---
Angry Rage Quit Yellow Sparx Gems: 1488
#198 Posted: 08:39:25 17/12/2013
@EgoNaut: I know that the list is undergoing lots of changes currently, but as an idea for when it's finalised, perhaps alphabetise each tier by Skylander name?
Just a thought smilie adds neatness and an extra level of professionalism to an awesome job so far.
---
Whip up a storm!
Tigerbear222 Green Sparx Gems: 358
#199 Posted: 12:17:37 18/12/2013
I have some info for Roller Brawl/Shadow Skater.

She could easily beat Chill, Eye-Brawl, and Zook (Ice Lancer/Eye for an Eye/Floral Defender), but had trouble with Terrafin, Chop Chop, and Hex. So I say she should be on the A-tier, as she is fast and does alot of damage, but there are definitely counters.

Also, fight standards:

No food
No powerups
Fair fight

Not sure if this is enough info, but it is what I have gathered with Roller Brawl.
---
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thetigerbearman123
zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2521
#200 Posted: 20:22:55 18/12/2013
Quote: wreckingballbob
Zoo Lou Bucking Boar should be B, A or S tier.

If you ride the boar send out a wolf and spam birds, your opponent is defeated easily.

I beat Slobber Tooth Seismic Tail and Smolderdash Sun Forged-I need to do more tests on stronger Skylanders.

Wrecking Ball total tongue should be moved higher.

With Wrecking Ball Total Tongue I defeated Ghost Roaster Skull Master and Series 2 Terrafin Brawler.

This topic really doesn't need bias. It's pretty obvious that the person with Terrafin wasn't trying/an experienced player.
An E tier character beating an S tier character is probably as likely as finding a Wikked Thumpback
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
First | Previous | Page 4 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me