Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Wave 2 for Swap Force [CLOSED]
johnsonsteven86 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1563
#51 Posted: 22:21:57 15/10/2013
Gastonia, nc just got theres and put them on the shelves. I was able to get all of them
---
WTB: Frito-lay Hotdog as cheap as possible
YOLOrenzo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1073
#52 Posted: 22:33:32 15/10/2013
Whelp, had a successful TRU run today and picked up the figures we came for!

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

I called ahead and they were the only TRU that said they got a new shipment in but said they "were the same Series 2" figures that they had out, and that they put everything out on the shelves already. I tried to explain that they were likely new figures since the box was marked with a "2", which they mistook as Series 2, but I decided to make the trip out on my own to see for myself.

I went there and they had about 8 boxes loaded up in a cart in the videogame dept with a "W2" on the box, so I asked if that was the new shipment. They said yes, opened one up and pulled out a terrafin and said "see, same Series 2 as sunday's shipment". So I went in and showed them all the new figures and corrected them. So the lady scanned the figures and said she could sell them me to me, but only one of each, which was all I wanted anyway. So I paid for them and she immediately stuck a "DO NOT SELL TILL 10/16" on the rest of the boxes and put them back into the stock room.

So yeah, it seems like they may have decent stock of these in some locations. Just get there early and you should be alright.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:37:30 15/10/2013 by YOLOrenzo
PocketGoddess Blue Sparx Gems: 687
#53 Posted: 22:52:06 15/10/2013
I got all of them in Dallas a few hours ago. I was there to return the Skylanders tackle box I bought yesterday (which has the dubious distinction of being both way overpriced and practically useless since it's about half an inch shy of being tall enough to support the tallest characters).

On a whim I wandered back to the game department to see if they had any of the new crystal Disney Infinity characters since I missed getting them on Sunday. They had one of them and I decided not to get it since it wasn't super-spectacular and I've spent way too much money this week. I continued wandering and ended up on the Skylanders aisle about 3 up from video games and was surprised to see a new figure on the pegs. . . and another. . . and another!

I started picking stuff up and then made a nice little pile while I pulled out the trusty old iPhone and came here to get a list (thanks, johnsonsteven86!!) to make sure I got them all. I got the 11 new ones (already had Knockout Terrafin) and the Crystal Sulley from Disney Infinity to round out the BOGO savings with an even number of figures. I'm thrilled that I don't have to hunt again for a while, and can't wait to try out the new characters in the game.
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#54 Posted: 23:49:06 15/10/2013
I got my wave 2 figures in independence, missouri toys r us. they had plenty. i even got all picky and got the ones with the best paint jobs. smilie
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
SkylanderDrew Blue Sparx Gems: 663
#55 Posted: 23:52:05 15/10/2013
Yes, you can use lawaway for these and your starter pre order if you havent got it yet.
---
"im just buying extras to TRADE or GIVE my friends"
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#56 Posted: 23:55:56 15/10/2013
Congrats everybody...I hope I have the same luck tomorrow. smilie
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
Mage0069 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1785
#57 Posted: 00:02:36 16/10/2013
Hopefully I'll have the same luck as everyone else grabbing grilla drilla, and someone else. Can't decide though, gonna reward my daughter tomorrow afternoon for a excellent week so far and a very good report from her school teacher about far she is ahead of what she needs to be in school.
---
Need Nitro Magna Charge
Zer0 Blue Sparx Gems: 996
#58 Posted: 00:25:13 16/10/2013
Nothing here yet. I'll check back tomorrow. I don't know where they're planning on putting them, though. All the pegs are pretty much full with the initial wave... which kind of makes me wonder why I even bothered going to the midnight opening, since all the characters are represented in abundance right now and the sale is still going on.

Never again. Seriously.
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#59 Posted: 01:05:48 16/10/2013
Grrr... the one day this week I need to go into the office instead of working from home...
#60 Posted: 01:16:38 16/10/2013
Stoat PM if I can help. smilie
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
CRBeau1 Blue Sparx Gems: 560
#61 Posted: 01:19:07 16/10/2013
Quote: stoat2337
Grrr... the one day this week I need to go into the office instead of working from home...

Funny, my work TRU is closer than the home one. They will have them, but can I afford them... lol
---
On a continuous mission searching and rescuing rare and legendary Skylanders for my boys to play with.
lady_valdyme Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#62 Posted: 01:34:00 16/10/2013
Same boat here CRBeau lol. Im going to put the swappers on Layaway ;) then when I get more money next Wednesday go pick them up.
---
Red Panda does not approve.
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#63 Posted: 01:38:16 16/10/2013
Wow...there release'in wave 2 rather soon....thats odd...but super COOL smilie
I want BB Trigger. smilie
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#64 Posted: 01:44:45 16/10/2013
which northern VA tru? fairfax? woodbridge? manassas? etc. thanks, i'll be looking for them tomorrow.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
#65 Posted: 02:01:08 16/10/2013
Quote: CRBeau1
Quote: stoat2337

Funny, my work TRU is closer than the home one. They will have them, but can I afford them... lol

Yeah, I work in Downtown Buffalo, NY. We have absolutely no retail presence downtown anymore. But, I just sent my boss an email telling him I have a 10AM appointment I did not know about and I will be in the office right after that smilie
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#66 Posted: 02:04:46 16/10/2013
Can confirm that a limited number of these Wave 2 characters are/were up for sale at the Pineville, NC Toys R Us location, as of late this evening (Tuesday).
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
SkylanderPrime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1843
#67 Posted: 02:16:16 16/10/2013
Has anybody found any of the triple packs at tru?
---
I'm Kind of a Big Deal!!!! Scotchy Scotch Scotch is my favorite flavor!
#68 Posted: 02:18:18 16/10/2013
Quote: SkylanderPrime

Didn't see any new Triple Packs. However, the staff was still early in the process of getting merchandise out of cardboard boxes and on to shelves. It's possible that they hadn't gotten around to the Triple Packs yet. But I also wouldn't be surprised if new Triple Packs weren't included in this early Wave 2 TRU release.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
#69 Posted: 02:21:05 16/10/2013
Check.out gamestop.com. there are two new triples there. But cant buy yet.
---
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#70 Posted: 02:40:22 16/10/2013
I'm quite happy I will have a large collection of Swap Force tomorrow. Time to send Dad huntin' again smilie.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Grishnaar Blue Sparx Gems: 722
#71 Posted: 02:45:25 16/10/2013
Quote: Portal___Master
which northern VA tru? fairfax? woodbridge? manassas? etc. thanks, i'll be looking for them tomorrow.

Woodbridge was where I found them. Have you had any luck with the Frito Lay stuff btw?

-Grishnaar
Dragon Crusher Green Sparx Gems: 447
#72 Posted: 03:07:45 16/10/2013
only missing

Fire Kraken
Night Shift
Boom Jet
Grilla Drilla

Time to camp TRU
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#73 Posted: 03:32:34 16/10/2013
Quote: Phoenix_Lord

Compared to last year, it is late. It took 2 days to release, Wave 2 hit 1 day later last year. Big Bang Trigger Happy is awesome, I love the reference to Dr. Strangelove.

And just in case anyone is wondering, there is no Street Date on the boxes, just an identifying label that is brown where the orange one was on Wave 1 boxes. Their email kinda hints both way, it says come in on 10/16, but it also says "Just Arrived". There was no directive they were aware of to tell them to not sell them, the register didn't prevent it. Our store had three boxes of Singles, three boxes of Swappers. Contents are 3 x Riptide, 3 x Scorp, 1 x Trigger Happy, Star Strike, Gil Grunt, Chop Chop, Terrafin, Sprocket and 3 x Fire Kraken, Grilla Drilla, Boom Jet, Night Shift. Buy 1 Get 1 40% off still in effect.
#74 Posted: 04:49:16 16/10/2013
It really is evil on Activision's part that even after two "waves" worth of characters released, they didn't include either of the Earth element Swap characters, nor either of the "Stealth" characters.

That said, many of the characters available so far are really awesome.
---
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#75 Posted: 05:11:27 16/10/2013

Quote: SkylanderPrime

Its not that odd, they did this last year the day after Giants release.

There were no 3-Packs last year for this promo. I hope they have the 3-pack and the info below would not apply

Stores win this way, either you are going to buy ($52.74) early and not worry about the 3-pack. or pass to save when you buy the 3-pack, depending if they have the BOGO40% when that time comes. Without BOGO = $51.98 / With BOGO = $41.58.

So the question is, are you going to buy the ones that will be in a 3-pack that will be out in 1-2 months or wait and take a chance that TRU will have the BOGO at that time?

I still have not decided, I have until 10am tomorrow to decide.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:28:37 16/10/2013 by dinoah2005
ironjack Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#76 Posted: 05:11:39 16/10/2013
Releasing them is "Waves", Exclusives and Variants is all part of the fun of collecting Skylanders with your kids. If they just dumped all the figures at once it would fade in less than 6 months, this way Activision keeps the momentum going.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#77 Posted: 06:00:21 16/10/2013
[User Posted Image]

So when i stoped for gas on my way to PA like mentioned above I found a toysrus in philipsburg, nj and managed to find these. Not bad, wasnt expecting it at all. Just need to find a few more fire krakan and im good.

Later on went to a tru by my hotel in PA and found a few of the singles i was missing and a couple more wave 2 giants. Didn't find one other fire krakan thou. Still yet to get a hot toy alert..

(disclaimer: was looking for 5 of each as I am trying to get sets for multiple ppl and not myself. I collect a sealed and one to open rest went to family)

EDIT: Added more pictures.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 06:57:34 16/10/2013 by SlayerX11
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#78 Posted: 08:03:22 16/10/2013
Quote: defpally

Compared to last year, it is late. It took 2 days to release, Wave 2 hit 1 day later last year. Big Bang Trigger Happy is awesome, I love the reference to Dr. Strangelove.

Yeah defpally...i liked the reference also. Trigger Happy is one of my fav's....
But out of them all, the one i want the most is Hyper Beam Prism Break. Going to get 2 of him...want to see if i can turn one in to a lighecore. smilie
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#79 Posted: 09:53:24 16/10/2013
Computeruniverse.net (germany) has wave 2 in stock: http://www.computeruniverse.ne...h%2Fnomatch.asp

Could mean europe gets limited wave 2 quantities early, too.
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
#80 Posted: 12:19:29 16/10/2013
Quote: dinoah2005

Stores win this way, either you are going to buy ($52.74) early and not worry about the 3-pack. or pass to save when you buy the 3-pack, depending if they have the BOGO40% when that time comes. Without BOGO = $51.98 / With BOGO = $41.58.

So the question is, are you going to buy the ones that will be in a 3-pack that will be out in 1-2 months or wait and take a chance that TRU will have the BOGO at that time?

I still have not decided, I have until 10am tomorrow to decide.

I will never buy a non-exclusive 3pk from TRU without their BOGO sale. So, if they have the 3pks today, I will pick them up today. Otherwise, I will weigh my options when they are released every where. If TRU does have a BOGO when they are released, I will get them at TRU. Otherwise, I will get them at Walmart. I will not be buying singles of anything unless it will not be in a 3pk anytime soon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:20:03 16/10/2013 by stoat2337
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#81 Posted: 12:49:37 16/10/2013
Riptide should be wave 3 triple pack: http://www.amazon.fr/Figurine-...ords=swap+force

So better not buy him now.
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:50:34 16/10/2013 by myskylanders
#82 Posted: 12:51:31 16/10/2013
That's an interesting way to go about it, Stoat. I can't blame you for wanting to save a few bucks by taking advantage of the small discount for 3-packs (when compared to buying three single packs). The major drawback to that strategy, though, is that the 3-packs (at least in the Giants generation) are distributed MUCH more slowly than the single packs. In fact (as discussed in several threads here over the past few months), most places are STILL awaiting the release of the last two Giants generation 3-packs (the ones that include Bash and Spyro and Slam Bam, I think), prompting some speculation that those will NEVER actually be released (which I don't believe, but regardless, it's been over a year waiting).
---
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#83 Posted: 13:20:20 16/10/2013
No double packs for the SWAP Force characters?
#84 Posted: 14:11:41 16/10/2013
Quote: Reimu
No double packs for the SWAP Force characters?

No, and you can pretty much count on ANY multipacks that may be released to lag behind the single releases. It has always been this way for post launch figures. You want them as soon as possible, you need to spring for the singles.
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#85 Posted: 14:27:47 16/10/2013
I'll grab the single cores but will wait for the double SWAP force Skylanders I guess... =(
the48thronin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#86 Posted: 14:40:03 16/10/2013
Success! This morning I was able to get the 11 new characters I was looking for. Toys R Us by me didn't even have the boxes opened up yet.
jstewie23 Blue Sparx Gems: 967
#87 Posted: 14:45:08 16/10/2013
my TRU in central NJ had everything...pegs full of all the new ones.
---
Have extra Amazon FS, GITD FR, Pumpkin FR, Jade FW, Molten HD, TF Chop Chop, Scarlet Ninjini, QDRS
SkylanderPrime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1843
#88 Posted: 15:17:22 16/10/2013
So it sounds like so far the triple packs are not being released today. Right?
---
I'm Kind of a Big Deal!!!! Scotchy Scotch Scotch is my favorite flavor!
largemarge133 Green Sparx Gems: 252
#89 Posted: 15:38:48 16/10/2013
Are any of the 11 new figure's beside rip tide in triple packs?
Trexroarr Gold Sparx Gems: 2219
#90 Posted: 15:51:41 16/10/2013
I picked up my Wave 2 11 this morning at my Toys R Us. They also didn't even have the boxes opened yet. They literally had just got them in right before opening.
---
Skylanders Collection smilie
78 S1 + 37 S2 + 16 S3 + 1 S4 + 19 LC + 8 Minis + 12 G + 25 SF + 13 TM + 2 EE + 34 Traps + 39 Items = 284 + 11 Chase = 295 Total
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#91 Posted: 16:06:49 16/10/2013
My TRU had about 16 of each new figure. They set up a table just for the new figs. The top half of some of the swappers made me nervous to pull them out. They have small pieces, and are wedged in there pretty tight.
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
gamecocksc17 Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#92 Posted: 16:10:55 16/10/2013
I just went and picked up the 4 swappers....wasn't gonna get grilla but then i saw him in person and just loved how he looked. i'm not a big fan of his bottom half but that's what swapping is for.

They had loads of all waves. Including giants and even some spyro's adventures 3 packs and singles.

Expecting my game today in the mail from Amazon.

Woot.
---
Turrible, just turrible - Sir Charles Barkley
esmeraude Green Sparx Gems: 499
#93 Posted: 16:33:50 16/10/2013
TRU in Beavercreek Ohio had Wave 2 this morning - nicely displayed on a table as soon as you walked in. The table was totally cleared off before 10:05 thanks to some lady who filled her entire cart with all the figures she could. She told me she needed them for "party favors" for her son's birthday party. I should have pointed out all the Wave 1 figures on the shelves behind me. I did manage to grab a Night Shift off the table before she started grabbing them and then I found a Fire Kraken mixed in with the Wave 1 figures. I had a $10 off $10 coupon that I was able to use so it was a good morning for me. Good luck to everyone else.
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#94 Posted: 16:54:17 16/10/2013
Success for me, although I had to go to two TRU stores in metro Atlanta area. The first one didn't have any of wave 2 on the shelf when the store opened. I asked the staff and they had no idea what I was talking about. I showed them the TRU ad and a clerk went to look in the back with no success. Other clerks were trying to convince me that wave 2 didn't come out until Nov, despite showing all of them the ad and telling them other TRU had the figures.

I felt irritated but there are other stores. I called another TRU and they had them. Made the drive and I was able to get all the SF figures with Heavy Duty Sprocket and Twin Blade Chop Chop. I didn't buy the single Knockout Terrafin since I got him in the other pack and the other reposes I didn't want. The hardest ones to find were Star Strike, Heavy Duty Sprocket, and Twin Blade Chop Chop. Those figures must not come in high quantities in the boxes. I must have bought the last of those three since I couldn't find them anywhere else in the store.

I was able to utilize the TRU $10 text coupon with the BOGO offer to maximize my savings. Every little bit helps with all the figures I'm buying.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:56:15 16/10/2013 by GamerDrone
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7055
#95 Posted: 17:20:01 16/10/2013
Picked up the non-swappers off TRU.com (B1G1 40% off applied to offset shipping) and I will have to go TRU hopping after work to try to find the 4 swappers.. sigh. Wish I had known they were coming out today. I got NO EMAIL from TRU about this and I am long time club member. Sigh.

-VM
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
#96 Posted: 17:40:14 16/10/2013
Quote: esmeraude
TRU in Beavercreek Ohio had Wave 2 this morning - nicely displayed on a table as soon as you walked in. The table was totally cleared off before 10:05 thanks to some lady who filled her entire cart with all the figures she could. She told me she needed them for "party favors" for her son's birthday party. I should have pointed out all the Wave 1 figures on the shelves behind me. I did manage to grab a Night Shift off the table before she started grabbing them and then I found a Fire Kraken mixed in with the Wave 1 figures. I had a $10 off $10 coupon that I was able to use so it was a good morning for me. Good luck to everyone else.

By "party" she means "EBay" and by "favors" she means "Auctions". It is a shame more stores don't have a limit on purchases like this. She better get her auctions up fast, it isn't like these things are going to be hard to find for more than a few days. Every TRU got a dozen or so of each, and it hasn't even hit Walmart and other places yet. Thanks to the sale if she is lucky she might make a few dollars per figure after time/packaging/shipping, all while wasting the time of other fans in your area that will show up at TRU looking for them. It is constantly amazing the paltry amount of money it requires for some people to sell out their neighbors and fellow fans.
#97 Posted: 17:45:26 16/10/2013
Quote: GamerDrone

The hardest ones to find were Star Strike, Heavy Duty Sprocket, and Twin Blade Chop Chop. Those figures must not come in high quantities in the boxes. I must have bought the last of those three since I couldn't find them anywhere else in the store.

That is correct. It looks like these new Wave 2 boxes have three each of Scorp and Riptide, and only one each of the others (Trigger Happy, Gill Grunt, Chop Chop, Sprocket, Star Strike, and Terrafin).
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:46:26 16/10/2013 by BahamutBreaker
#98 Posted: 17:47:58 16/10/2013
There arent any new triples out yet for wave 2 right?
---
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#99 Posted: 18:08:26 16/10/2013
I've successfully search and found all available swap force figures.. Wave 1 & Wave 2 complete ! For whats available.. I'm in the Metro Detroit, MI area..
---
CRBeau1 Blue Sparx Gems: 560
#100 Posted: 18:19:04 16/10/2013
Quote: ironjack
Releasing them is "Waves", Exclusives and Variants is all part of the fun of collecting Skylanders with your kids. If they just dumped all the figures at once it would fade in less than 6 months, this way Activision keeps the momentum going.

As long as they have actual waves and not a tsunami that is a good thing. *Imagine* if wave 3 was tomorrow.

I did manage to capture the Swappers.... but saving them. Maybe their task money will be replaced with swappers this week?
---
On a continuous mission searching and rescuing rare and legendary Skylanders for my boys to play with.
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me