First | Previous | Page 5 of 5
1 2 3 4 5
Swap Force Quests [CLOSED]
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#201 Posted: 17:25:29 21/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: wreckingballbob
Quote: GhostRoaster
The quests like the Water 25 fire golems and Fire 25 ice golems should have be lowered down to 5 or 10. The Tech Spark locks should be 10.
What I am trying to say if all of they 25 enemy quests should have been lowered down.

That and Bombardier should have been more accessible. They didn't bother coding "auto aiming" of bombs like they did in Giants and there's really only one place to do that quest. Earth's Twisty Tunnel level playthrough Quest is ridiculous. Earth's elemental zone in Frostfest is way too short, requiring multiple playthroughs.

In Giants, the Tech Quest Defeat 50 elemental Mages was pretty damn redundant...and Puzzle Power required almost completing Autogyro Adventure...but everything else was VERY reasonable (for example--defeat ONE water minion, defeat ONE undead minion, etc)

This just really expands my point. I hope they sort thins like this out in the 4th game.

Supporting details. The naysayers of Quests in Swap Force has weighed in considerably already.

Technically Quests 2.0 (Swap Force) was worse than Quests 1.0 (Giants). 3.0 better be less mindless and more thoughtful. I vote for a complete change up. Same for Heroics.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:26:53 21/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#202 Posted: 17:32:43 21/04/2014

That and Bombardier should have been more accessible. They didn't bother coding "auto aiming" of bombs like they did in Giants and there's really only one place to do that quest. Earth's Twisty Tunnel level playthrough Quest is ridiculous. Earth's elemental zone in Frostfest is way too short, requiring multiple playthroughs.

In Giants, the Tech Quest Defeat 50 elemental Mages was pretty damn redundant...and Puzzle Power required almost completing Autogyro Adventure...but everything else was VERY reasonable (for example--defeat ONE water minion, defeat ONE undead minion, etc)

This just really expands my point. I hope they sort thins like this out in the 4th game.

Supporting details. The naysayers of Quests in Swap Force has weighed in considerably already.

Technically Quests 2.0 (Swap Force) was worse than Quests 1.0 (Giants). 3.0 better be less mindless and more thoughtful. I vote for a complete change up. Same for Heroics.

The Air quests are definitely the easiest. At least they were more thoughtful than just defeating enemies that are in extremely low numbers and that are a pain to get to.
---
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#203 Posted: 12:26:21 02/06/2014
Quests themselves wouldn't be bad if the reward was actually good. Heroics had a good reward which was what made them so much better than Quests (even though they were ridiculous). IMO the challenge of finishing every quest on every figure is actually kinda fun if you do it over months and months instead of rushing all of it but a 75HP reward for each character completed is terrible considering that Quests usually take about an hour.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:27:16 02/06/2014 by Arc of Archives
#204 Posted: 13:53:43 02/06/2014 | Topic Creator
So, it takes me 15 minutes just to do the PvP quest, elementalist takes ~10-15 minutes, the special quests themselves take anywhere from a minute to 30 minutes depending on element...and then the grind on the kill count etc takes another 15-20. My average time to upgrade a skylander quest wise is averaging 1.5 hours. What am I doing wrong?

I've got Undead and Tech element left and my Giants and I'll be done with them. I am oh so looking forward to the grind on the Shock puzzles...
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 13:56:36 02/06/2014 by GhostRoaster
#205 Posted: 22:27:06 30/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Just completed all quests with all characters. Wowzers!
---
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#206 Posted: 09:25:04 03/11/2014
Found a new, better spot for Problem Solver: Frostfest Mountains. In the first village, there are two Spark Plugs you can solve, one on the gate and another inside a house to the left. You'll reach them slower than you'd reach the first one in Cascade Glade, but much faster than you'd get to the second in Cascade Glade, so you can do the quest at a faster rate.
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#207 Posted: 01:52:35 26/01/2016
How many people aside from GhostRoaster did all quests with all characters?
#208 Posted: 00:14:08 27/01/2016
That's an enormous effort, how long did that take?
#209 Posted: 22:56:07 27/01/2016
I'm going through doing heroics and quests for a bunch of my characters. Loving doing heroics, I had forgot how much I enjoyed them.
Tamez Blue Sparx Gems: 901
#210 Posted: 12:00:22 28/01/2016
Quote: Drawdler
Heroics took a lot more time- and I miss doing those with new reposes of old characters. I hate how the reimagined characters of SC don't work with older games. Makes it feel like they have less value and it took away something I was looking forward to with reposes.

Value per character is one reason I appreciated Heroics.
Each time you bought a character, you gave every other character something to do, and it improved them, even if only slightly.

Quests were cool too, I just wish they carried over in all the games, like the Giants ones did to SF.

And I sorta understand why the reimagined characters don't work in older games, since the path you chose in SC might not match up with the path you would want to use in the previous incarnation. But I still don't like the fact that they tried to shove another Gill Grunt and Trigger Happy down our throats in the Trophy packs.
---
My favorite Skylanders from each game: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
First | Previous | Page 5 of 5
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me