First | Previous | Page 4 of 5 | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Swap Force Quests [CLOSED]
skelekon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1149
#151 Posted: 12:39:03 11/02/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Is there a fast/favorite level that anyone can recommend to complete Problem Solver quicker?

Maybe doing the one in Woodbury, then starting Cascade Glade and doing the trivially easy one right at the start of that. Exit, rinse and repeat.
---
Missing: Fright Rider,Pumpkin Eyebrawl,UFO Hat
Spare: Polar Whirlwind,Purple Wrecking Ball
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#152 Posted: 15:00:58 11/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: skelekon
Is there a fast/favorite level that anyone can recommend to complete Problem Solver quicker?

Maybe doing the one in Woodbury, then starting Cascade Glade and doing the trivially easy one right at the start of that. Exit, rinse and repeat.

That was one thought, but I was hoping to get a bigger bang for my buck with at least two in quick succession. I remember some levels with 2-3, but you had to traverse a large area. Just making sure I haven't forgotten anything.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#153 Posted: 15:41:34 12/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Stealth Elf Main Quest: Stealth Heath: Follow a similar strategy recommended for Spyro. Go into survival mode, defeat a food thief and let your health get very low. Go into Stealth mode and tank up on all of the available food.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#154 Posted: 19:02:08 12/02/2014
I really cannot bring myself to do the quests. All the quests I did in Giants did not carry over to this game just like the heroic challenges did not carry over to this game. I feel these quests will not carry over to the next game as well. The only sure thing is that level 20 will carry over so I am getting all my figures to level 20.
#155 Posted: 20:13:18 12/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: wgeorge111
I really cannot bring myself to do the quests. All the quests I did in Giants did not carry over to this game just like the heroic challenges did not carry over to this game. I feel these quests will not carry over to the next game as well. The only sure thing is that level 20 will carry over so I am getting all my figures to level 20.

Legitimate feeling I have as well. I was able to do all 13 or so of my Air elements very easily...but Air is a pushover. The other elements are going to be very time consuming and considering the benefit of only getting +75 health there really isn't a truly beneficial reason to do it.

I will say I am taking a break between doing quests between completing the stars etc so we'll see how far I get on these. All of my blue base figures have quests done already at least so there's that.

In my opinion, quests should not be the same thing over and over--otherwise it's just another mini version of heroics. Make it different--and make the reward justifiable for the time. IMO heroics justified the time whereas the quests not so much.

However, we have a heroics/quests complaint thread so we just should take it there and keep this thread on strategies/discussions on quest completion.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:16:17 12/02/2014 by GhostRoaster
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#156 Posted: 20:21:51 12/02/2014
I know there was a thread about this, but I can't be bothered to look for it. I hear that many people were having issues with Free Ranger's Personal Quest but I finished it very easily on all of my Free Rangers including the Legendary and non Legendary versions. If it helps, they were all fully upgraded, and I did it with both versions down both paths, so this is working 100% fine for me. By the way, you can do this quest in Chompy Challenge, there are plenty of oppurtunities throughout the entire mission.

Here's some little tips I have for some personal Quests. Thankfully, most of them are pretty simple. It's a shame there aren't more efficient ways to do some of them, though.

Whirlwind: Cascade Glade- I like doing this at the start of the stage, there's an Air Zone there. It's only another 2500 after Elementalist is done, so you only need one more trip.
Warnado: Chompy Challenge- I already go here for Badguy Basher, so I do his Quest as well.
Sonic Boom: Chompy Challenge- I use this because I do Badguy Basher here, and by the time I'm done with it I can easily have Sonic Squeak complete too.
Lightning Rod: Sand-Pit-Fall- I haven't tried many spots, but there are 6 Golems here, and it's good for EXP so you're contributing to that as well.
Free Ranger: Chompy Challenge- plenty of oppurtunities to get this throughout the stage.
Boom Jet: Chompy Challenge- there are tons of spots to do this Quest, but I like Chompy Challenge best because I already go there to do Badguy Basher. I can fill both at once. You can also try the start of Cascade Glade, to help fill and complete Elementalist at the same time.

Camo: Chompy Challenge- I'm already doing Badguy Basher here and I'll usually run into a watermelon each run... I have yet to really try anywhere else... I think Undercover Greebles could also work and I see a couple watermelons when I play that stage...

Double Trouble: Chompy Challenge- You can do this most easily in the third or fourth area.
Wrecking Ball: Chompy Challenge- I go here for Badguy Basher with everyone, so with Wrecking Ball, it's a natural fit to do his Quest there as well...
Voodood: Chompy Challenge- Since I go here to do Badguy Basher I can get his Quest easily as well.
Pop Fizz: Iron Jaw Gulch- Do this in the first area, because it helps fill Elementalist at the same time.
Hoot Loop: Chompy Challenge- This one relies on luck, really... By the time you fill up Badguy Basher from replaying this Quest, if you've just been using your wand attack, you'll easily have this Quest done.

I'll write more later if I feel like it smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:41:13 12/02/2014 by Arc of Archives
#157 Posted: 20:34:21 12/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Arc of Archives
I know there was a thread about this, but I can't be bothered to look for it. I hear that many people were having issues with Free Ranger's Personal Quest but I finished it very easily on all of my Free Rangers including the Legendary and non Legendary versions. If it helps, they were all fully upgraded, and I did it with both versions down both paths, so this is working 100% fine for me. By the way, you can do this quest in Chompy Challenge, there are plenty of oppurtunities throughout the entire mission.

I had the problem. I believe the problem was when he was on a certain path and upgraded. No issues if doing the quest as soon as you start playing with him.
---
#158 Posted: 01:07:20 16/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Doing Elementalist for Fire is best done immediately at the checkpoint in Rampant Ruins. Fight the guys at the door and you'll easily get 3500+ Elemental for 2 minutes of work--then reload the level using the checkpoint. Make sure you are also using the Elemental Legendary treasure, and using the Aviator hat.

I can confirm Golem Invasion does indeed work well for Flameslinger's main quest. What's weird is that on some runs I got 8-10 Hamburgers while on others only one or two. My suggestion is that if you don't get a hamburger between the first two Golems I would restart.
I was able to do Hot Dog's main quest while doing Bombardier in Fishy Fishing. Anywhere between 1-3 Hot Dogs per level (I raced to finish once I took care of the 7 Greebles at the entrance).

The above matches what Zenephret was saying...so just good confirmation. My only change on Bombardier is that I wouldn't kill the Greeble that appears with the two cannon shooters...that way you can get up to a max of 7 per run. Getting the harpoon isn't required. Damn Greebles will fall in the water sometimes though.

So where are Eruptor's Pizza located?
---
Edited 8 times - Last edited at 01:40:24 16/02/2014 by GhostRoaster
CEOIII1117 Blue Sparx Gems: 514
#159 Posted: 02:57:18 16/02/2014
Anyone have any tips for Night Shift and Grim Creeper's personal quests?
#160 Posted: 03:53:50 16/02/2014 | Topic Creator
I mentioned Grim Creeper a few pages back, but one of his upgrades prevents his quest from working on Chompies. My recommendation is to make sure no upgrades are purchased first and do his on (you guessed it) Chompy Challenge. I'm not aware of any location where you have 10 strong enemies that could withstand the damage if you've purchased upgrades. I gave up and reset mine to get the quest. Very easy though.

I also did Night Shift on the same Challenge. Gang them up on the bridge or use the room with two Chompy Pods--this is the same places being recommended for Fire Kraken as well.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:57:39 16/02/2014 by GhostRoaster
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#161 Posted: 13:12:00 17/02/2014
Watermelons are pretty common in Rampant Ruins. I kept getting them instead of fruit kebabs for Dino-Rang, but I'll probably want to do Camo as well.
---
Eh.
#162 Posted: 15:47:36 17/02/2014 | Topic Creator
I used Twisty Tunnel for Eruptor's Pizza Quest...if there's a better place someone please speak up.

Quote: Burning Gnorc
Watermelons are pretty common in Rampant Ruins. I kept getting them instead of fruit kebabs for Dino-Rang, but I'll probably want to do Camo as well.

Watermelon is plentiful on Chompy Challenge too--which is what I use for the Fruit Challenge as well.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:50:17 17/02/2014 by GhostRoaster
CEOIII1117 Blue Sparx Gems: 514
#163 Posted: 05:52:09 20/02/2014
Suggestion for any and all "eat a certain food" quest: Any survival arena with a food thief. Assuming you can catch the guy.
#164 Posted: 05:54:58 20/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: CEOIII1117
Suggestion for any and all "eat a certain food" quest: Any survival arena with a food thief. Assuming you can catch the guy.

I only see certain foods coming from the thief...it might be dependent on which survival mode level I'm playing. I'll take note of it.
---
ProphetFlareon Red Sparx Gems: 56
#165 Posted: 09:12:34 20/02/2014
For me Free Ranger was easy, I just got home, put him on the portal, fired up a survival arena and got it within moments. I just kept mashing Y on the gamepad smilie. The arena I used was the first one by the way. For Geronimo, at some point early into the first level there is a fall that allows you to get the quest done. Did it with all my Air skylanders.
---
dito
"do work before you go on darkspyro" ~ some idiot
#166 Posted: 14:54:12 20/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: ProphetFlareon
For me Free Ranger was easy, I just got home, put him on the portal, fired up a survival arena and got it within moments. I just kept mashing Y on the gamepad smilie. The arena I used was the first one by the way. For Geronimo, at some point early into the first level there is a fall that allows you to get the quest done. Did it with all my Air skylanders.

That's key. We all suspect upgrades on certain paths may be impeding this.
---
mrdarkspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 918
#167 Posted: 02:20:16 21/02/2014
i found a funny glitch a while back. My brother and I were playing the wii version of swap force on the wii u and we were going up the mushroom staircase, when he missed a platform with l free ranger, and fell through the mushroom platform and fell from several seconds before the game warped him up, but not before the notifictcation saying that he completed the geronimo quest. we never could recreate that glitch though. lol
---
MAX AURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#168 Posted: 17:01:05 21/02/2014
I actually got that quest for Free Ranger when he went into the pool from the treetop in Woodburrow. I forgot whether it was when he first jumps or when he returns, but that distance was sufficient.
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#169 Posted: 17:08:40 21/02/2014
I think someone may have said it after I asked, but Spyo's quest can be done very easily on any arena challenge that has the Food Thief and Chompies on it. Simply kill the Fruit Thief and wait for chkmpiss to spawn in the next round, line it up and boom. I ended up doing it on one of the Sheep Wreck arenas you get....forgot which one though.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#170 Posted: 01:48:51 22/02/2014
Quote: spyroflame0487
I think someone may have said it after I asked, but Spyo's quest can be done very easily on any arena challenge that has the Food Thief and Chompies on it. Simply kill the Fruit Thief and wait for chkmpiss to spawn in the next round, line it up and boom. I ended up doing it on one of the Sheep Wreck arenas you get....forgot which one though.

chkmpiss, they should but those in the next game lol
---
MAX AURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#171 Posted: 02:49:42 22/02/2014
Quote: mrdarkspyro
Quote: spyroflame0487

chkmpiss, they should but those in the next game lol

oh god my phone buttons must have jumbled together lawl
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
crocko33 Blue Sparx Gems: 685
#172 Posted: 19:50:49 10/03/2014
Sorry for the dumbie question -- but I have been playing for awhile now (Portal Master Rank 60) but have yet to figure out what the value of these quests actually is....do they help your figure (like the old heroic challenges) or are they simply a completionist item?
---
55 out of 80 Skylanders -- Activate account = crocko33
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#173 Posted: 20:40:42 10/03/2014
They give you some extra health per rank
#174 Posted: 00:47:42 11/03/2014
+ 25 for bronze, +50 silver, +75 gold
---
MAX AURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#175 Posted: 02:10:12 26/03/2014
Hey to anyone who has smilie. I found a really easy way to finish smilie's unique quest by shocking the test dummies. I don't know if that's for every console or if that's supposed to happen, but I tried it today and I finished the quest by just hitting the dummies. In case anyone wonders, I did this on the PS3 version of the game.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#176 Posted: 04:15:40 05/04/2014
I just found out that you can do Zoo Lou's Personal Quest in Woodburrow. Against the dummies, obviously, just keep attacking them with the boar, wait for the boar to expire and do it again until the Quest is finished. Since you aren't fighting actual enemies it's insanely easy to get a full-length ride...
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#177 Posted: 11:33:54 19/04/2014
This was really helpful for doing Scratch.
---
ItalianGamer97 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1378
#178 Posted: 15:59:02 19/04/2014
For smilie's personal quest, mega slam damage dealt to the dummies didn't count towards the quest, at least on the Wii U version.
---
And to prevent confusion, I am in the U.S. and I am part Italian.
#179 Posted: 19:58:17 19/04/2014
I'm having trouble with a magic quest. The one where you have to use a laser beam puzzle The laser kills the enemy but I don't get the quest done? Any help?
---
#180 Posted: 02:19:37 20/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: wreckingballbob
I'm having trouble with a magic quest. The one where you have to use a laser beam puzzle The laser kills the enemy but I don't get the quest done? Any help?

I've seen that happen. I basically lure him in the beam to where all he does is get hit, go down, get back up, get hit again etc until I get the quest. Don't try and hit him once he's in the beam. If you look earlier in the thread I complained about the same thing. Although others say you can wear them down before getting the beam on him, I've found it to be problematic from a "give you credit" standpoint.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:20:52 20/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#181 Posted: 02:39:58 20/04/2014

I've seen that happen. I basically lure him in the beam to where all he does is get hit, go down, get back up, get hit again etc until I get the quest. Don't try and hit him once he's in the beam. If you look earlier in the thread I complained about the same thing. Although others say you can wear them down before getting the beam on him, I've found it to be problematic from a "give you credit" standpoint.

I've also found (though I'm not sure) that the laser quest only works on a the ones with the crank that turns them. I've tried having enemies walk into regular lasers but found that they didn't work for the quest. Only a laser that you can turn will. Is that true or did I just do something wrong?
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#182 Posted: 10:23:28 20/04/2014
I got in done after reading page 3 and pointing the laser to the enemies coming up from the bridge.
---
#183 Posted: 10:47:55 20/04/2014
I should point out that in Easy mode (which is what you should be using) the Cyclopses you need to kill for Puzzle Power have 75 HP. If you can wear them down to something low without killing them it's much faster to complete the Quest.
#184 Posted: 17:28:13 20/04/2014 | Topic Creator
I got in done after reading page 3 and pointing the laser to the enemies coming up from the bridge.

That is literally the only puzzle location in game I've seen it work. I guess there might be an opportunity in Bony Islands to do it but haven't tried them yet.
---
#185 Posted: 17:40:27 20/04/2014

That is literally the only puzzle location in game I've seen it work. I guess there might be an opportunity in Bony Islands to do it but haven't tried them yet.

I tried it on Boney Islands (when you unlock the door with a laser and two of the cyclops come through with an air punk making them faster). Had one die from the laser and it didn't count. I notice the laser changes color when it hits the target that it needs to open the door, so maybe it only counts when the laser still needs to be used to open something. I forget the wording, but the quest says something about it being a "moveable" laser (I don't think it says moveable, but it says something there). A laser can't be pushed or turned once it hits where it is needed to open something. That's why I think maybe only before a laser hits the target, it can be used to do this but not afterwards.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:41:55 20/04/2014 by Eggers
#186 Posted: 17:47:55 20/04/2014 | Topic Creator
I do recall one or two moveable lasers in Boney Islands...just forgot if there happened to be enemies there as well.
---
#187 Posted: 17:58:39 20/04/2014
Yea, I'm not sure f there are enemies you can lead to the laser I pointed out in Boney Islands before moving it to open the gate. I just know that I tried it after I opened it, and the enemies that came from the other side didn't work for the magic quest once it was moved. I'll have to try it again sometime and see if there are any baddies I can lead to it beforehand.
---
#188 Posted: 18:00:08 20/04/2014
The best place is the laser pointing down to the bridge it has worked for me twice.
---
#189 Posted: 18:02:30 20/04/2014 | Topic Creator
The best place is the laser pointing down to the bridge it has worked for me twice.

No doubt, just curious if the developers actually intended this to work anywhere else.
---
Baron Sharpfin Green Sparx Gems: 417
#190 Posted: 18:06:10 20/04/2014
Boney Island is way too much effort compared to the bonus mission, however it is a good one for ranged cyclopses as an add on to that though. I was just questing with Spyro and did the laser one in the bonus mission. What a a rubbish quest! It's really awkward and there's like one location in the game to do it in.
---
smilie Fear the Fish
#191 Posted: 18:07:09 20/04/2014 | Topic Creator
So, that's why you don't complete quests. Technically it's ALL rubbish. smilie
---
#192 Posted: 18:17:43 20/04/2014
Well deep down... yes, lets hope for some more intuitive ones in number 4!
---
smilie Fear the Fish
#193 Posted: 18:22:28 20/04/2014
Well I'll certainly applaud VV's effort here. It seems that they wanted to make quests more of a challenge to keep you playing longer. Unfortunately, I think they took it a bit too far and made most of the quests rather annoying to complete. Their heart was in the right place, and I suppose that's what counts. smilie

I'm going to have to look and see if anyone suggested where to get Hot Dog to eat some hot dogs (I believe that's what his quest is now). I haven't seen a single hot dog, so I'm thinking I might remember that one wrong.
---
#194 Posted: 18:24:58 20/04/2014
I saw a hot dog in evilised glum shanks! I think it was that one any way, either way I was like "Oh... a hog dog?" I've seen Nacho's somewhere before and that weirded me out. I love that there is rare food; Skylanders always makes me hungry.
---
smilie Fear the Fish
#195 Posted: 18:35:15 20/04/2014
Quote: Eggers
Well I'll certainly applaud VV's effort here. It seems that they wanted to make quests more of a challenge to keep you playing longer. Unfortunately, I think they took it a bit too far and made most of the quests rather annoying to complete. Their heart was in the right place, and I suppose that's what counts. smilie

I'm going to have to look and see if anyone suggested where to get Hot Dog to eat some hot dogs (I believe that's what his quest is now). I haven't seen a single hot dog, so I'm thinking I might remember that one wrong.

I suggest going to the Chompy Sauce bonus mission and looking around on both the left and right side and there is normally Hot Dog's there and then restart.
---
#196 Posted: 19:05:25 20/04/2014

I suggest going to the Chompy Sauce bonus mission and looking around on both the left and right side and there is normally Hot Dog's there and then restart.

Thanks for the help! smilie
---
#197 Posted: 15:59:12 21/04/2014 | Topic Creator

There's nothing fun about re-solving puzzles you've done in the story and having to re load each of the screens which constitute 50% of the time wasted. My point is that the quests should provide NEW value, and not a repetitious task performed over and over. That's just me, though. If they do make the numbers high they should've made the task more assessable. For some quests you literally have one or two places in the entire game.

Fishy Fishing is good for hot dogs too.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:02:46 21/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
#198 Posted: 16:18:36 21/04/2014
The quests like the Water 25 fire golems and Fire 25 ice golems should have be lowered down to 5 or 10. The Tech Spark locks should be 10.
What I am trying to say if all of they 25 enemy quests should have been lowered down.
---
#199 Posted: 16:33:17 21/04/2014 | Topic Creator
The quests like the Water 25 fire golems and Fire 25 ice golems should have be lowered down to 5 or 10. The Tech Spark locks should be 10.
What I am trying to say if all of they 25 enemy quests should have been lowered down.

That and Bombardier should have been more accessible. They didn't bother coding "auto aiming" of bombs like they did in Giants and there's really only one place to do that quest. Earth's Twisty Tunnel level playthrough Quest is ridiculous. Earth's elemental zone in Frostfest is way too short, requiring multiple playthroughs.

In Giants, the Tech Quest Defeat 50 elemental Mages was pretty damn redundant...and Puzzle Power required almost completing Autogyro Adventure...but everything else was VERY reasonable (for example--defeat ONE water minion, defeat ONE undead minion, etc)
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 16:40:09 21/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
#200 Posted: 17:17:25 21/04/2014

That and Bombardier should have been more accessible. They didn't bother coding "auto aiming" of bombs like they did in Giants and there's really only one place to do that quest. Earth's Twisty Tunnel level playthrough Quest is ridiculous. Earth's elemental zone in Frostfest is way too short, requiring multiple playthroughs.

In Giants, the Tech Quest Defeat 50 elemental Mages was pretty damn redundant...and Puzzle Power required almost completing Autogyro Adventure...but everything else was VERY reasonable (for example--defeat ONE water minion, defeat ONE undead minion, etc)

This just really expands my point. I hope they sort thins like this out in the 4th game.
---
First | Previous | Page 4 of 5 | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me