First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Swap Force Quests [CLOSED]
Dragon-Master Blue Sparx Gems: 786
#101 Posted: 21:08:33 30/12/2013
I did it only but continually pressing the Attack 1 button until it was done (button mashing). Using the Slicing Storm combo doesn't work that I know of.

Also getting hit during the swings resets the counter back to 0. So it is best to also keep on the move while constantly swinging. I also had my Free Ranger fully upgraded when I completed it so that shouldn't be an issue.
---
Collection:
Spyro's Adventure & Giants - 98/99 (Royal Double Trouble)
Swap Force - 73/75 (Bumble Blast LC, QD Rattle Shake)
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#102 Posted: 02:54:00 31/12/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dragon-Master
I did it only but continually pressing the Attack 1 button until it was done (button mashing). Using the Slicing Storm combo doesn't work that I know of.

Also getting hit during the swings resets the counter back to 0. So it is best to also keep on the move while constantly swinging. I also had my Free Ranger fully upgraded when I completed it so that shouldn't be an issue.

I must be doing something wrong then. I'll try it on my non-upgraded Legendary just to be on the save side and use that arena you mentioned.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Draicen Yellow Sparx Gems: 1341
#103 Posted: 13:18:52 31/12/2013
I got ours to pop in a PvP.
---
Gamer, Programmer, Engineer, Soldier, Uncle, Collector...that should cover it, I think.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#104 Posted: 02:54:58 01/01/2014
Personally, I like to use Kaos' Fortress for Elementalist (Life)

On Nightmare you can get it done within two runs, the Life Zone is right at the start... And the enemies there give you a lot of EXP so it helps for doing Totally Maxed Out as well.

I like abusing this Zone mostly because it gives you lots of EXP. It's also really easy to reach and it's pretty easy to play through, you don't need to deal with too many enemies.

By the way, I finished Free Ranger's Quest on Chompy Challenge(somehow smilie).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:55:37 01/01/2014 by Arc of Archives
#105 Posted: 02:59:12 01/01/2014 | Topic Creator
^ Cool--I'll keep that in mind...not that far yet in the game.

I definitely recommend doing Air skylanders on Mudwater Hollow for Elementalist...get to the first life spell punk and let the enemies heal. I got all of my air skylanders done in minutes. I'm basically confirming Zenephret's recommendation.

OK, so here's what I think is a glitch.

I put on Legendary Free Ranger and I immediately was able to get the Ruffled Feathers quest. I compared the both (taking the fact that one was upgraded and the other one wasn't) and noticed Free Ranger did have a hat on (UFO hat in fact). I removed the hat and I immediately was able to get the quest.

Can someone else confirm this behavior?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 02:47:37 02/01/2014 by GhostRoaster
kpung Green Sparx Gems: 113
#106 Posted: 16:53:29 13/01/2014
I'm having a heck of a time completing Blast Zone's Defeat a total of 10 enemies from your flame wall in a single use of your Flame Breath quest it doesn't seem to work on chompies. Any suggestions would be very appreciated.
#107 Posted: 18:21:52 13/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: kpung
I'm having a heck of a time completing Blast Zone's Defeat a total of 10 enemies from your flame wall in a single use of your Flame Breath quest it doesn't seem to work on chompies. Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

So, moving along with the possibility that it might be glitched---let us know what upgrades are on the figure, if you have a hat, etc.
---
lcopley98 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#108 Posted: 19:02:33 13/01/2014
I apologize if this is a repeated question. Is there any way to keep track of these with your Skylanders?
---
Casual Skylander Gamer
Nuzlocke Challenge http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/posttopic.php?forum=56&post=true
#109 Posted: 19:06:54 13/01/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: kpung

So, moving along with the possibility that it might be glitched---let us know what upgrades are on the figure, if you have a hat, etc.

I'm using the viking hat as for upgrades I'm using the extra bomb for the top and the fireball for the bottom.
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#110 Posted: 23:34:29 13/01/2014
Yesterday I successfully completed Free Ranger's personal quest with no problems. Legendary Free Ranger was done a while ago (a month or two) with his personal quest and this was the first time I'd put regular Free Ranger on. Best place is in Angry Angry Plants. Just let it fill up with Chompies at the beginning and just start swinging with the blades (on the Xbox it's the X button, so whichever primary attack button it is for you). You don't have to hit something every time, but you just can't stop mashing that button until you hit enemies the required number of times. So you just keep hitting that button and don't stop until the quest comes up. Mine is wearing the Volcano hat with only the first three upgrades bought on his top half. I'm checking my Blast Zone because I'm certain I have his quest too.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#111 Posted: 00:00:07 14/01/2014
Ok, as for Blast Zone, both my Dark and regular ones have his personal quest completed. Again, I did this in the Angry Angry plants arena. Let it fill up with chompies, and if possible hit some of the yellow ones so they split, but try not to kill any other ones. After getting as many enemies as you can to fill the arena, try to back yourself up against as wall so that nobody can get behind you, then just do half a circle and keep the flame breath button down while they all run at you. Especially if you have the upgrade that causes it to explode when it's a full circle, it's important to be against a wall and not have anyone who can hit you from behind so that you don't complete the circle of flame wall.
---
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#112 Posted: 00:25:27 14/01/2014
Wow a lot of the ones on the darkspyro guide, are worded badly or I end up running into better areas half of the time.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
NinjaHarley Yellow Sparx Gems: 1346
#113 Posted: 04:14:29 14/01/2014
Do quest not save when playing Co-op? I seem to be having a problem with quest not saving in coop and pvp, I'm playing on the xbox one
#114 Posted: 05:20:16 14/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: NinjaHarley
Do quest not save when playing Co-op? I seem to be having a problem with quest not saving in coop and pvp, I'm playing on the xbox one

I have seen quests not save if you take it off the portal too fast. I've also seen it save a quest to MULTIPLE figures if you quickly swap them out or if you have two on the portal. Not sure if that's a fluke, or just bad programming.
---
#115 Posted: 15:44:19 14/01/2014
@Eggers, thank you so much I'll give that a shot tonight.
#116 Posted: 02:29:33 21/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Quick question: Puzzle Power...not sure exactly WHAT I'm trying to do here. In giants, you just killed buggers with the puzzle lasers...I tried doing this in Frozen Delights bonus mission with no luck.
---
#117 Posted: 03:16:20 21/01/2014
It's annoying to do it in SF- I can't quite figure it out either, but the beam only does 5 damage when it hurts anything now, so just make sure to whittle down the enemy you're trying to get when you're doing this one. I just tried pushing it and messing with it and getting them to walk in front of it and everything and never really figured out what actually triggers it to hurt them. Thank goodness that you only need to do it with one enemy, though.
#118 Posted: 14:46:03 21/01/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm in the same boat. I've plowed a puzzle block into them, I've had them killed by the beam....neither gave me credit. I'm not sure if the enemy's ENTIRE damage has to be incurred by the beam or not. I'm guessing that's what the problem is.

Extremely annoyed that we went from "insta kill" to a mere 5 damage. wtf?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:46:50 21/01/2014 by GhostRoaster
alegeobla Gold Sparx Gems: 2501
#119 Posted: 17:59:09 21/01/2014
I struggled with it myself. I ended up trying to let the beam kill it completely, and got nothing for it, but tried again and got it... I'm not sure why as I did nothing different....
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
Currently Working on: Sure Shot smilie
#120 Posted: 22:32:24 21/01/2014
You don't need to attack them with just the beam, you can hit them with your attacks. Just make sure the last hit is from the beam. I did that with my Spyro, Souble Trouble and Wrecking Ball to wear them down. I did it on Easy mode, just make sure you don't accidentally kill them with an attack.
#121 Posted: 01:34:29 22/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Arc of Archives
You don't need to attack them with just the beam, you can hit them with your attacks. Just make sure the last hit is from the beam. I did that with my Spyro, Souble Trouble and Wrecking Ball to wear them down. I did it on Easy mode, just make sure you don't accidentally kill them with an attack.

Weird...so "last hit with beam wins"...pretty sure I did that and it didn't give me credit.

Is there any other place in game other than Frozen Delights we can do this? I still haven't played Frostfest Mtns and above yet either and I'm missing the last 7 bonus missions still.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:35:02 22/01/2014 by GhostRoaster
#122 Posted: 01:43:03 22/01/2014
I haven't seen any other place with a beam and enemies to hit with it, and I haven't heard anyone recommend any other spots. I'm afraid we may be stuck using that one. smilie
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#123 Posted: 04:51:30 22/01/2014
Argh I think smilie has once again another glitch involving his quests. I've been trying to get him to eat 15 foods from story or arenas and he's still stuck with having eaten only 5. Can someone tell me if I can do anything about that.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#124 Posted: 06:02:04 22/01/2014
It's fruit, not just food. Try doing it on Chompy Challenge which has about 5 fruits per run.
#125 Posted: 08:33:51 22/01/2014 | Topic Creator
It's fruit, not just food. Try doing it on Chompy Challenge which has about 5 fruits per run.

I use Chompy Challenge to help with the Challenger and Fruit quests...and as a bonus you get 7k on average in gold so it helps "fill" my character's gold meter (now that I think about it---the Diamond is kinda optional for me) and help towards Bashguy Basher. So in reality that one quest almost helps me with 4 things. Quite the nifty trick.

Also, a number of Character main quests can be accomplished here as well.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:35:25 22/01/2014 by GhostRoaster
#126 Posted: 09:24:29 22/01/2014
Yep, Chompy Challenge is great. I actually decided to use the Sky Diamond trick on repeat characters today (just couldn't be bothered re-doing extra smilie/smilie/smilie, especially because the alt paths didn't really excite me) and it works great in conjunction with that challenge.

My strategy: I like to put the diamond on just before the second set of teleporters, kill the Chompies there, kill the ones in the next area, then take it off, use it again on the next area killing all the Chompies there and I guess it's out of time by then. I haven't tested it much, I just started using it today... It seems to work best in the third, fourth and fifth areas, and if you reach the sixth I imagine it would be great there... If only you could kill the Chompies in that section before you actually get 95/95. smilie

Then I go back to the hub, use the dummy trick, go back to Chompy Challenge- rinse and repeat. It works quite well even though I have to get off of the couch and keep moving the Diamond. smilie

I think with a bit more testing one could easily figure out a strategy and optimal amount of runs for this for filling up Badguy Basher/65535g/Fruit Frontiersman at the same time... Just requires some extra thinking, but it could really speed things up. I may give it a shot myself, when I have more time.

By the way, Skylooter: Should be done in Woodburrow Pool. You can use something like the Sky Diamond exploit but this method is good because it ticks off two quests at once. Jump to collect the gems on the route to the pool, and you should easily get the rest of the gold you need within the pool(at the start take the upper route). Just remember to JUMP when collecting gold as much as you can. That ticks off Geronimo and Skylooter at the same time. I use this strategy right now.

Alternate/extra places: there's some gold near the fishing pond (and you can go fishing to get a gem) which you can jump on. You can get gold on the island that appears between 3-6 PM(if you don't know- go near the Yard between 3-6PM, there will be a rainbow road, follow it and it leads to a secret island with gold, a treasure chest and story scroll). Element Chests/Shock&Bolt Chests that are in the place where the Chieftess is drop piles of gold.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:38:54 22/01/2014 by Arc of Archives
#127 Posted: 17:51:21 22/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Yep I use similar strategies as well for Air element...nice to know we're thinking along the same lines...although I would like to see alternate paths/ways to get stuff done as there's over 100 skylanders to do this crap on smilie

Finally figured out Puzzle Power. It is NOT consistent and what I've seen is that it only triggers on one Cyclops per visit...works best on the third set of Puzzles and push the block up and have the laser pointing down; the cyclops will be coming up from the bridge. I angle myself behind one of the puzzle blocks so essentially the cyclops won't escape. Run to the light...!! smilie

To the Fire Golems for Water skylanders...I've been doing it on Serpent's Peak as you get three; I'm attempting my no damage star and if I get damaged I'll swap to a water skylander (still having some problems with Spy Rise there)...otherwise Golem Invasion tends to work best (I restart past a certain point where I know no others will appear).

For Life Spell Punks for the Undead skylanders...Fishy Fishing challenge works nice on Easy. I can knock it out on 4 runs I think.

Now, where are the Undead Spell Punks at? I don't think I've seen yet one in the game. Royal Gems was mentioned...any others?

Are there ANY OTHER Dig points for earth skylanders for the Unearther quest other than Twisty Tunnels?

Savior of the Land...got it by playing the entire level without taking them off...looks like I'm going to be very intimate with that level lol.

Bombardier---how the heck to you aim your bombs? They get thrown clear across the screen even though enemies are right in front of you.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 17:58:29 22/01/2014 by GhostRoaster
#128 Posted: 23:11:31 22/01/2014
I'm using Sand-Pit-Fall for the Fire Geargolems quest. It's not the fastest way to do it but you're in a survival arena so you get a lot of experience from it at the end. smilie I haven't played Golem Invasion yet.

Royal Gems is the best place for Defender of Life, literally your only other option is Fantasm Forest which takes way longer and forces you to sit down and watch dialogue... And assuming you just do the first section you only get 3 punks a run(if you go further in there are more, but it's just not worth it, IMO). You'll probably finish Totally Maxed Out from replaying the level before you actually beat enough punks to get the Quest done.

I haven't seen any other digging spots yet but I'd imagine there could be some in the Bonus Missions.

SoTL: Set the difficulty to Easy before you do this and it becomes mindless. I wonder if you could do this Quest through Time Attack? You'd get points towards it while trying to top your score... Hmm...

I heard Bombardier is best done at the end of Motleyville (in the boss fight) against the Chompies. I haven't tried it yet but I think, next, I may do this on all my Fire 'landers at once.
#129 Posted: 00:23:54 23/01/2014
Undead spellpunks only show up (I believe) in one story level: Phantasm Forest. I think there may only be about 4 in the entire level as it is, so this one is most certainly a pain to get. Honestly, I hardly play the game much since getting Pokemon X... kind of sad. smilie
---
#130 Posted: 01:06:39 23/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Are the Undead spellpunks the purple robed dudes that make things disappear? I'm honestly shocked at the limited options we have to get stuff done. There should've been at least 6 per level because playing the thing 5-6 times PER CHARACTER is a bit nutsy.

I thought the Baron Von Shellshock fight was with dynamite and not bombs...I'll give it a shot.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:13:02 23/01/2014 by GhostRoaster
pyro16 Green Sparx Gems: 260
#131 Posted: 01:43:44 23/01/2014
Are the Undead spellpunks the purple robed dudes that make things disappear? I'm honestly shocked at the limited options we have to get stuff done. There should've been at least 6 per level because playing the thing 5-6 times PER CHARACTER is a bit nutsy.

I thought the Baron Von Shellshock fight was with dynamite and not bombs...I'll give it a shot.

I think the undead spellpunks are the ones that raise minions with skeleton designs on their bodies. Once you defeat the spellpunk
the minions disappear. The purple ones are different, dunno what they're called though.
#132 Posted: 01:50:56 23/01/2014
Yea, like Pyro said the undead ones are purple and they summon skeleton enemies. The pink ones that make things disappear are the magic spell punks. I think most, if not all, punks are color coded by their element (life in green, undead in purple). If that is true, then pink would be magic.
---
#133 Posted: 02:09:18 23/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Eggers
Yea, like Pyro said the undead ones are purple and they summon skeleton enemies. The pink ones that make things disappear are the magic spell punks. I think most, if not all, punks are color coded by their element (life in green, undead in purple). If that is true, then pink would be magic.

Where in this video? I think there's one at 2:05 but looks like it's a black robe...I think I saw something crawl out of the ground when he was defeated.

---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:12:19 23/01/2014 by GhostRoaster
#134 Posted: 02:16:59 23/01/2014

Where in this video? I think there's one at 2:05 but looks like it's a black robe...I think I saw something crawl out of the ground when he was defeated.

When the level finally starts up with the countdown at about 20 seconds, he's standing all the way on the platform to the left. Pink robes with gold trim I think.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:18:47 23/01/2014 by Eggers
#135 Posted: 02:21:18 23/01/2014 | Topic Creator

When the level finally starts up with the countdown at about 20 seconds, he's standing all the way on the platform to the left. Pink robes with gold trim I think.

Sounds like they make quite the groan when you defeat them too...so what kind of spell punk was in the black/grey robe?
---
#136 Posted: 02:39:54 23/01/2014

Sounds like they make quite the groan when you defeat them too...so what kind of spell punk was in the black/grey robe?

If it's the ones making others faster, I think they might be light blue with black because they are air punks I believe.
---
#137 Posted: 07:13:38 23/01/2014
The one in the black robe is the Undead one

It summons undead trolls

It's in that video at about one minute in, the punk on the right, of course.
#138 Posted: 19:17:43 23/01/2014 | Topic Creator
The one in the black robe is the Undead one

It summons undead trolls

It's in that video at about one minute in, the punk on the right, of course.

Yeah, played it last night. The other one is 2 minutes in. There are only two in Royal Gems. So one per minute x 25 = 25 minutes + about 5 minutes of load time = 30 minutes to do this one stupid quest.

Finally got Bombardier to work for me in Fishy Fishing. The ONLY reason why this is working is because the Greebles are too stupid to climb up to give chase. Complete laziness that there isn't any auto-aiming. That one took close to 30 minutes as well.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:23:13 23/01/2014 by GhostRoaster
#139 Posted: 16:54:35 24/01/2014 | Topic Creator
So, in my opinion Mega Melter works best in Winter Keep and for ONLY the following reasons:

• Restart checkpoint drops you right where the Ice Golems are.
  • You can get to it after using the catapults as opposed to completing almost the entire Ghost Traps Bonus Mission.
  • You have a dual elemental gate AND a Giants chest sandwiched between the two Ice Golems, which BOTH helps with at least THREE different achievements (100 Elemental Gates, 40 Giant Chests, 40 Dual Elemental Gates) that unlock two and three stars. (Did you know that unlocking a Giant's chest ALSO increments the 100 Elemental Gate achievement?)

In any event, getting Mega Melter is extremely painful, and be wary of the bug I mention here:

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=97690
---
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 16:59:06 24/01/2014 by GhostRoaster
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#140 Posted: 00:02:51 26/01/2014
Has anyone with a Stronger spyro been able to do his Full Charge quest? I tried to follow Dark's recommendation but my Spyro is an S1 guy who's on level 20 and on the fire breath path. Seems like it'd be much easier if I had the other path but no way am I resetting him.

I was figuring a few chompies would be perfect but I have no idea where 2 may be that also have some gold and a piece of food near them. (Not to mention I'd have to hit them in the shirt charge one)

So yeah. Anyone find a place that would be good for this?
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#141 Posted: 01:35:40 26/01/2014
It is easier on the Blitz path but it's still possible on the other.
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
#142 Posted: 03:52:03 26/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Is there a recommended place to do Spyro's Main Quest in Swap Force?
---
Baron Sharpfin Green Sparx Gems: 417
#143 Posted: 12:14:34 26/01/2014
I guess in an arena battle? Kill the food thief but don't pick up his stuff until the next round of chompies spawn.
---
smilie Fear the Fish
#144 Posted: 13:46:02 26/01/2014
^ Woah, that's brilliant. I think I'll use that method from now on. I was doing it in Chompy Challenge but that sounds way easier.
#145 Posted: 16:08:12 26/01/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Baron Sharpfin
I guess in an arena battle? Kill the food thief but don't pick up his stuff until the next round of chompies spawn.

Wowzers. It's all there in front of me and didn't see it.
---
mrdarkspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 918
#146 Posted: 01:38:07 27/01/2014
that what i was going to do with my 3 spyros once i get that far, again. i have upgraded to a wii u and i am getting the Wii U starter pack in the mail. got it from ebay for 19.99.
---
MAX AURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#147 Posted: 02:29:51 27/01/2014 | Topic Creator
I just did it tonight using the Food Thief with Hungy Gobble Pods and it worked like a breeze. Best Tip ever for Spyro's main quest in Swap Force. It was more difficult in Giants...this makes it easy peasy.

I've officially upgraded all of my Series 1 Swap Force guys (with the exception of 3) to Level 20 with all quests. Working on my Swap Force reposes now. I should be "all clear" in a week or two, then off to upgrading my 100+ SSA and SG collection. Double XP Sunday really helps with that.

Is everyone noticing that all figures are getting between 1100 and 1200 on average? The only noticeable difference is Night Shift, which is well below 1,000 (probably due to his Batty Coach ability). I think my Rubble Rouser is very close to 1300. I'm using the Jolly Hat for now until I unlock Great Helm.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 02:35:36 27/01/2014 by GhostRoaster
Baron Sharpfin Green Sparx Gems: 417
#148 Posted: 21:58:03 27/01/2014
A note on the Twisty Tunnels Earth Quest. I was going through it with my LC Flashwing just to get that quest, I started day dreaming a bit and swapped to Tree Rex right at the end (Facepalm, I know). I did the trick though where you add a second controller and drop Flashwing in as the second player and it worked! even though I had dropped Flashwing in and out again a couple of times as the first player.

Swap Force works in mysterious ways...
---
smilie Fear the Fish
#149 Posted: 23:16:53 09/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Anyone wanting Geronimo and are doing PVP battles can also simply do this by choosing Ring Out and letting your Air skylander drop into an open space. I've noted this option for that Quest.

Also, for those doing Elemental Quests...this game is VERY temperamental about saving. I've avoided this pain by changing the hat after getting the elemental quest prior to removing it from the portal.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:18:14 09/02/2014 by GhostRoaster
#150 Posted: 02:33:02 11/02/2014 | Topic Creator
Is there a fast/favorite level that anyone can recommend to complete Problem Solver quicker?
---
First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me