Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 20 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
New Frito-Lay Promo! [CLOSED]
artican Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#951 Posted: 03:24:16 22/11/2013
Quote: TheGooch
I think it is perfectly justifiable to question the email as this has not been something done by them in the past (as far as I know). While I agree that in most cases people do tend to jump on the "pictures or it didn't happen" mindset when news and rumors come up. I think asking for more information on something that historically hasn't happened before from somebody who appears to be in the know shouldn't be viewed so negatively. Bottom line is I think many people on here appreciate the extra step you took to provide us more solid proof of this occurring, I know that I do.

ok i tested it i won my 4th lastmorning wasn't going to try anymore but all my others i did everything correct and never got a email, so today when i won this one i forgot to hit submit after putting all my info in and exited out of the site. then i waited then about 30 minutes after not hitting submit i got this same email it directed me to a website to enter my email address i didnt do anything yet. So I waited til this evening and called Customer Service and ask them if they had my 4th win in there system and after confirming some info (name and email address) since there was no shipping info they needed to verify my email address they had 3 for me with shipping info and 1 without. She told me i would get a email that would take me to verify my email address and then allow me to enter shipping info. So i have confirmed the email is only sent out if there was some reason there system did not register your info the first time you entered it.

and here is mine

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:37:23 22/11/2013 by artican
Gameboys Green Sparx Gems: 204
#952 Posted: 03:48:03 22/11/2013
Quote: artican
I think it is perfectly justifiable to question the email as this has not been something done by them in the past (as far as I know). While I agree that in most cases people do tend to jump on the "pictures or it didn't happen" mindset when news and rumors come up. I think asking for more information on something that historically hasn't happened before from somebody who appears to be in the know shouldn't be viewed so negatively. Bottom line is I think many people on here appreciate the extra step you took to provide us more solid proof of this occurring, I know that I do.

ok i tested it i won my 4th lastmorning wasn't going to try anymore but all my others i did everything correct and never got a email, so today when i won this one i forgot to hit submit after putting all my info in and exited out of the site. then i waited then about 30 minutes after not hitting submit i got this same email it directed me to a website to enter my email address i didnt do anything yet. So I waited til this evening and called Customer Service and ask them if they had my 4th win in there system and after confirming some info (name and email address) since there was no shipping info they needed to verify my email address they had 3 for me with shipping info and 1 without. She told me i would get a email that would take me to verify my email address and then allow me to enter shipping info. So i have confirmed the email is only sent out if there was some reason there system did not register your info the first time you entered it.

and here is mine

[User Posted Image]

Thank you so much so its pretty safe to say the emails only go out to none address completion.
---
My Skylander Youtube.... http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx72nVwxtrMYX2Lbo3z10Xg
Spinall4 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1019
#953 Posted: 03:53:06 22/11/2013
This whole thing sucks....I cant even get to the winner screen. Tried everyday at least ten times since day three. Nothing. I know it still has awhile but im just about over it completely
---
I have an unopened molten hot dog,s2 Bash,QDRS,HFR and flocked STTh . Looking for granite crusher,polar whirlwind,volcanic vault and other rares.
diddy50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2554
#954 Posted: 03:53:22 22/11/2013
So do they not pick a winner every 15 minutes like they claim???? Because I tried for like 25 minutes straight constantly not missing a minute and still nothing?
#955 Posted: 03:54:38 22/11/2013
yes i did this just for that reason so people just calm down
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#956 Posted: 04:01:56 22/11/2013
It's going to take a LOT of patience...or technical engineering...to win this one smilie
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#957 Posted: 04:09:41 22/11/2013
I play it everyday 10 times a day and I have yet to win and this sucks... The losing part does.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:27:40 22/11/2013 by trixster68
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#958 Posted: 04:14:45 22/11/2013

I'm glad a screenshot of the email cleared things up as I'd hate for someone to miss out on their prize due if their win somehow gets flagged. Besides, there's no reason to be using a fake email address as UncleBob posted a legitimate way of turning a single address into many. Just be on the lookout in case one of these pops up in your inbox.

Again, I want to stress that I received both emails despite having successfully entered my mailing address both times.
#959 Posted: 04:21:27 22/11/2013
Quote: diddy50
So do they not pick a winner every 15 minutes like they claim???? Because I tried for like 25 minutes straight constantly not missing a minute and still nothing?

yes it is a winner every 15 minutes it is random thou during each 15 minute interval the code is not what wins it for you since they are reusable. the code and email address is only to get you through to have a random chance of winning.other say fright rider was easier i think not with fright rider you had a 1 time code and you had to enter just at the right time to win during that 15 minute interval.
czs716 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#960 Posted: 04:31:30 22/11/2013

yes it is a winner every 15 minutes it is random thou during each 15 minute interval the code is not what wins it for you since they are reusable. the code and email address is only to get you through to have a random chance of winning.other say fright rider was easier i think not with fright rider you had a 1 time code and you had to enter just at the right time to win during that 15 minute interval.

From my experience and what I've read from others on here, most people who entered the code won. At least at the start. It seemed like they were giving them to everyone who entered
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
#961 Posted: 04:54:01 22/11/2013
Quote: czs716

From my experience and what I've read from others on here, most people who entered the code won. At least at the start. It seemed like they were giving them to everyone who entered

i had many losing fright rider losing codes but i do have a pantry full of chips from fright rider and only 2 bags from rattleshake.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#962 Posted: 15:43:10 22/11/2013
Just called frito lay and my four are good to go. If everything checks out the lady even said the email doesn't matter as they won't send any confirming ones. My wins were verified so they are all ready to be shipped out in the time frame. The address on all of them is correct so yay four quick draws will be arriving here within 8-10 weeks or january for earliest.

Edit: And for those that are possibly getting these confirmations how did you do things to win? If you are reloading the page after entering the code in hopes of hitting winner that might do that.

Make sure every time you get Nonwinner in the address bar to remove that basically reenter the webpage of www.fritolayholiday.com and go through everything step by step every minute. You should be able to have the form filed out and waiting before the next minute. Keep doing this depending on what time you do it and how many legitimate emails you have for who you are trying to get for. Even just have the first page loaded for the website and then just let it wait there before doing it again a few hours. It worked for me.

Do not sit there and do it for 15-20 mins at a time. My wins actually came from just entering it in at some time in the day. As I have reported here I won at 12:20 pm EST, 5:11am, 7:24pm and 8:42am (approximate to me what the times were) EST for mine. I just happened to enter in one email address at these times and did so.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:52:51 22/11/2013 by tigerdr
#963 Posted: 15:54:35 22/11/2013
I just Won one well its about time! I have entered 3 times today and it hit at 10:49am. So keep laying all and you will hopefully win one like I did. I have only been playing 10 times a day since this has started and its about time good luck all. Yes it can be won lol.. I tried at 8:10 am 9:40am and won at 10:49am So happy now. Oh What Joy...
[User Posted Image]
I guess just never give up it aint over until its over............. I would have rather bought bags of chips and entered codes to win like the fright rider promo though this one was way more challenging then just eating chips with entering codes oh so happy.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:03:09 22/11/2013 by trixster68
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#964 Posted: 16:09:38 22/11/2013
Quote: tigerdr
Just called frito lay and my four are good to go. If everything checks out the lady even said the email doesn't matter as they won't send any confirming ones. My wins were verified so they are all ready to be shipped out in the time frame. The address on all of them is correct so yay four quick draws will be arriving here within 8-10 weeks or january for earliest.

Edit: And for those that are possibly getting these confirmations how did you do things to win? If you are reloading the page after entering the code in hopes of hitting winner that might do that.

Make sure every time you get Nonwinner in the address bar to remove that basically reenter the webpage of www.fritolayholiday.com and go through everything step by step every minute. You should be able to have the form filed out and waiting before the next minute. Keep doing this depending on what time you do it and how many legitimate emails you have for who you are trying to get for. Even just have the first page loaded for the website and then just let it wait there before doing it again a few hours. It worked for me.

Do not sit there and do it for 15-20 mins at a time. My wins actually came from just entering it in at some time in the day. As I have reported here I won at 12:20 pm EST, 5:11am, 7:24pm and 8:42am (approximate to me what the times were) EST for mine. I just happened to enter in one email address at these times and did so.

Can you explain a little bit better?
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#965 Posted: 16:56:39 22/11/2013
Yeah sorry I guess I should explain it a bit better.

Go through the normal of the website -> enter info -> Win or lose (Page will say winner in the url bar at the end or Nonwinner)

If non winner -

1. Look at the minute on your computer you are on when it happened. Note to do all of this before the turn of the next minute if you wish.

2. Drag your mouse across it, highlight then delete the non winner so you load the first page again.

3. Repeat entering info with another email on the fresh pages. Do NOT send it yet.

4. Wait. If done correctly and quick enough by the keys, it should take about 15 seconds to have the info done, the captcha ready. Look to your clock. If it has not changed to a new minute be ready for when it does. Hit the button ONLY if it just changes. Once you're about 10-15 seconds in beyond this, chances are it'll be a loser.

P.S. the captcha uses a lower case L and an upper case I but look identical in the captcha sometimes, be ready for that.

5. If you are not a winner after this debate doing it again or waiting a few hours or an hour. Get yourself back to the first page like step 2 and wait. Repeat 3 and 4 if necessary.

Edit: Congrats trixster once you get that first it gets a little bit easier on the nerves and you can relax. I'd say make sure to give them a call after 3 days to make sure it's validated with all the right info. With it being friday it normally takes until monday before they officially see it.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:00:40 22/11/2013 by tigerdr
#966 Posted: 17:54:26 22/11/2013
Thanks. I tried it, but failed.

This really sucks. I wish this was easier to win.
I feel really bad for the people who can't win this. Good luck to all.
---
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#967 Posted: 18:00:06 22/11/2013
Quote: Matteomax

As i always do.... smilie (sure hope they put him in the stores next year.... smilie *crosses fingers*)
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:00:50 22/11/2013 by Phoenix_Lord
Gameboys Green Sparx Gems: 204
#968 Posted: 23:44:31 22/11/2013
FYI............. The email trick and reload trick will not effect a winner! I called frito lay and the lady confirmed they are not checking emails and if you receive one its only because the address was wrong.
---
My Skylander Youtube.... http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx72nVwxtrMYX2Lbo3z10Xg
#969 Posted: 00:45:40 23/11/2013

Pm me your info and I'll try to win you one. I didn't win all four in one day I played since the beginning of the start and it took me two weeks to get that many. I was very lucky that I got one on a day and the other the next morning. They aren't going to all dry up yet as there's plenty to still get. It takes a lot of tries for sure but you stick with it and it'll happen. How many have you won so far?
---
posreject Yellow Sparx Gems: 1331
#970 Posted: 01:05:42 23/11/2013
I have tried over 100 times since the contest started. I try in the very early AM (1-2 AM EST), in the early morning (5AM -6 AM), afternoon (1PM to 4PM) and evening (7PM to 10PM) and always a SORRY screen!!

I have 8 legit codes, 9 legit emails and 0 luck apparently. I'm getting pretty bored with it.
---
S:SA: 37/37, 3 variants & 4 SK
S:G: 54/54, 14 variants & 4 SK
S:SF: lost count...
#971 Posted: 01:56:11 23/11/2013
You can do it it just dumb luck timing on this game. I have played 10 times everyday since it started and I won one this morning after 3 different tries today. You got to just play once here and there throughout the day or night and just hit the right time to win. It was just keep on trying and not giving up. You can do it man.
---
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#972 Posted: 04:38:16 23/11/2013
Some of you people are just horribly unlucky. For serious.
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#973 Posted: 04:39:18 23/11/2013

You've already won one, haven't you?
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
Concept Yellow Sparx Gems: 1073
#974 Posted: 04:51:45 23/11/2013
I've been playing this game almost every day since it started and was starting to get really fed up. Then I tried around 1pm in the afternoon, "Just One More TIIIIME!" Sor- Wait, what? I won. I stopped playing after that because I only wanted one. My husband tried the next morning and won too. Then he won another one today.

It is utterly random. It is super duper frustrating. But at least with this contest, you can reuse codes instead of buying more chips.

Hang in there and keep trying. It will happen to you eventually. Just don't give up. Oh, and use the Google Mail trick. It works.
#975 Posted: 05:49:48 23/11/2013
Quote: posreject
I have tried over 100 times since the contest started. I try in the very early AM (1-2 AM EST), in the early morning (5AM -6 AM), afternoon (1PM to 4PM) and evening (7PM to 10PM) and always a SORRY screen!!

I have 8 legit codes, 9 legit emails and 0 luck apparently. I'm getting pretty bored with it.

I feel your pain...i added my family members e-mail to my 3 about a week in(since im the only one in the family try'in to get this damn thing) and im up to 9 e-mails now....i don't even want to try to guess the number of times i have seen that blasted "Sorry" screen. smilie

Quote: exosquad
Some of you people are just horribly unlucky. For serious.

Ya think? smilie

By the way...did i say how much a hated this promo?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:50:59 23/11/2013 by Phoenix_Lord
madtyger Green Sparx Gems: 366
#976 Posted: 21:37:31 23/11/2013
I'm not sure which is worse: dealing with a reusable code that I have to keep track of what time it is or buying a bunch of chip bags for unique codes, lol. Either way, I'm kind of getting tired of Frito Lay.
---
Figures to trade: Quickdraw Rattle Shake (2), Easter Fryno, Easter Punk Shock
chaosxs Red Sparx Gems: 27
#977 Posted: 01:00:08 24/11/2013
I never seen the bags for fright rider no where, where I live at. I saw the rattle snake bags and bought one. but no luck. I just like to collect the chars i like and this is one lol
KasiyatheDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2537
#978 Posted: 19:51:16 24/11/2013
I still haven't received my codes... Would it be better to just send for another set or try to slog through customer service?
#979 Posted: 20:03:19 24/11/2013
Customer service would be the best way to go.
---
Concept Yellow Sparx Gems: 1073
#980 Posted: 02:54:20 25/11/2013
The email codes can only be used ONCE, but the chip codes can be used over and over until you win. I recommend just go ahead and play with a reusable chip bag code. If you sit and wait for your email codes you may never get a chance to win!
CTFdad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1439
#981 Posted: 04:15:16 25/11/2013
Won again today at 4AM PST and got an email verification. I'm certain I had entered the correct home address and hit the submit. I received the email from FritoLay at 4:20AM. I guess they are spot checking wins.
---
"Shut up and take my money already!"
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#982 Posted: 20:19:36 25/11/2013
Quote: CTFdad
Won again today at 4AM PST and got an email verification. I'm certain I had entered the correct home address and hit the submit. I received the email from FritoLay at 4:20AM. I guess they are spot checking wins.

It would make sense for spot checks considering this contest is basically a free for all. I checked the email I won with during the first week but never got any email.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#983 Posted: 21:05:21 25/11/2013
tea just rechecked my emails nothing lately only the email i won with that i forgot to hit submit after filling the info out had that email still there.
#984 Posted: 21:32:09 25/11/2013
My first one went through! Thank God.
---
jstewie23 Blue Sparx Gems: 967
#985 Posted: 23:43:56 25/11/2013
Does anyone have any idea when they are mailing these out? Even though it said 8-10 weeks, it sounded like the Halloween FR all got shipped on the same day towards the end of the contest.
---
Have extra Amazon FS, GITD FR, Pumpkin FR, Jade FW, Molten HD, TF Chop Chop, Scarlet Ninjini, QDRS
#986 Posted: 23:55:32 25/11/2013
yea they will probably do the same thing the contest is not even over til dec 31st so after that most likely
#987 Posted: 02:34:18 26/11/2013
And again... it didn't win... smilie ...i hate this promo...sure hope they put him in the store next year.
One would think they will since its an In-Game Variant....*crosses fingers* smilie
---
#988 Posted: 03:28:42 26/11/2013
I played for 19 days 10 times a day before it hit for me don't give up yet try once an hour after ever 15 minutes from the start of an hour and good luck.
---
SkylandersDad5 Green Sparx Gems: 351
#989 Posted: 20:11:01 27/11/2013
Willing to help anyone who hasn't won one yet, PM me if you 're interested.
---
Looking for: GITD Warnado. Have extra: Red DS, Blue Bash, GITD RS, GITD FR, Pumpkin FR, more...
bluerosedruid Gold Sparx Gems: 2991
#990 Posted: 22:21:37 27/11/2013
I have won two of these also if you need help getting it pm me.
---
Imagination is the power ? Hell yeah!!! save the franchise TFB
#991 Posted: 14:31:26 28/11/2013
Thanks to SkylandersDad5, I got my second one! I'm done with this contest! smilie
---
SkylandersDad5 Green Sparx Gems: 351
#992 Posted: 14:36:11 28/11/2013
Glad I could help. Happy Thanksgiving!
---
Looking for: GITD Warnado. Have extra: Red DS, Blue Bash, GITD RS, GITD FR, Pumpkin FR, more...
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#993 Posted: 14:53:28 28/11/2013
Quote: scratchking22
If the code is universal, please share.

eBayers will easily be able to obtain them.. They use this site as a through-way to cheap auctions and in-stock notices. So this wouldn't be good.

That 5,000 would quickly disappear.

I think the sheer number of entries have skyrocketed with this promotion because of it which is why it's difficult to win one.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:53:43 28/11/2013 by GhostRoaster
CTFdad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1439
#994 Posted: 19:37:36 28/11/2013
I won another for a friend after just 6 attempts this morning. Best time is seriously between 4-5 AM PST. I've won 3 around this time frame. Good luck DS members and have a Happy Thanksgiving/Black Friday smilie
---
"Shut up and take my money already!"
a cat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1641
#995 Posted: 21:05:00 28/11/2013
I could use help...
---
GRAND TOTAL SKYLANDERS: 540
pokemonblack100 Green Sparx Gems: 326
#996 Posted: 07:59:40 29/11/2013
Wish a store around me had more bagsā€¦.
So far, I've received one code, and lost.
Going chip hunting once again today! xD
---
Want: Vocanic Vault, Chase variants, Gnarly
Come check out my trades for the figures above by clicking my name and checking my guestbook annocument
#997 Posted: 08:10:54 29/11/2013
You only need 1 code from the bags they are reusable.
#998 Posted: 15:21:17 29/11/2013
Yeah, you don't need to buy more bags....just keep using that one code you got.

And....Yes im still LOSSING smilie I hate this Promo.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:22:34 29/11/2013 by Phoenix_Lord
zorlord333 Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#999 Posted: 08:43:23 01/12/2013
hey throwing this out for anyone to use I have yet to get one but here are 3 codes: 2np23020517, 2np12950517, and 3np23100517.
madtyger Green Sparx Gems: 366
#1000 Posted: 10:55:37 01/12/2013
I'm seriously bound and determined to win one. Why I have been staying up way late trying during times that may have better odds. Here's hoping it works.
---
Figures to trade: Quickdraw Rattle Shake (2), Easter Fryno, Easter Punk Shock
First | Previous | Page 20 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me