Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 17 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22 23 24
New Frito-Lay Promo! [CLOSED]
Zer0 Blue Sparx Gems: 996
#801 Posted: 08:24:22 11/11/2013
Quote: czs716
Some people on here need to get off the computers and go outside for a while. Geez... Let's all throw a fit because someone posts they have one to open and one to keep sealed or that they've won one and need another. Put your pitchforks down and find something constructive to do. All this over a toy, smh.

Announcing that you've won two is reasonable, but three or more is maybe information a person can keep to themself, particularly when they know it might frustrate people who have yet to even win one. It's not mandatory, but it is polite.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:24:39 11/11/2013 by Zer0
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#802 Posted: 08:59:40 11/11/2013
I admit it is a little disheartening to hear about people winning their 3rd and 4th in the first week when I haven't won one yet, but I do like it when people post their winning times because it can help narrow down any sort of win pattern that may emerge. But it's sad to see fans judging each other. Anyways, my brother has decided to let me have his one figure because he says I wanted it more as it's my favorite swap figure. So I'm going to quit playing for awhile, maybe try again in a few weeks if more people start winning on here. smilie Good luck!
JadePolar Blue Sparx Gems: 981
#803 Posted: 13:31:46 11/11/2013
After trying this contest since day 1, I can gladly say that yes folks there is a light at the end of this tunnel! I WON!!! At about 8:19AM Est. today. I won with the code that was printed on the white sticker on the 3 bags I purchased, which was the 1NP22800517 code. Its the same code that I have found on any and all of the bags in this area, Canton, NY. There are many days left to this contest. Do not give up hope! Good luck to everyone!!!

---
Have ONE extra Glow in the Dark Quickdraw Rattle Shake willing to exchange for a Halloween Fright Rider.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:03:17 17/11/2013 by JadePolar
NightShift Gold Sparx Gems: 2408
#804 Posted: 15:44:45 11/11/2013
Just won the only one I want/need at 10:41am. Good luck to all the others cause in total I entered over 200 times since the 5th.
Dictum Blue Sparx Gems: 753
#805 Posted: 16:23:00 11/11/2013
I finally won today at 11:16 am est. I only want/need 1, so i am finished with this contest! Good luck to those that haven't won yet. I tried everyday since Nov. 4th with various emails that the family has(about 8 total tries a day).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:25:48 11/11/2013 by Dictum
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#806 Posted: 16:45:28 11/11/2013
Quote: plebeianprint
Some people on here need to get off the computers and go outside for a while. Geez... Let's all throw a fit because someone posts they have one to open and one to keep sealed or that they've won one and need another. Put your pitchforks down and find something constructive to do. All this over a toy, smh.

The funniest part of your post is that most of it easily applies to you, as well. You're judging me for judging people (like yourself) trying to win three or four figures. You're complaining that I'm complaining. You say "all this over a toy [insert internet acronym]" yet you're trying to win four of them. I don't know why you would tell us you're trying to win four of them, and not expect us to raise our eyebrows. Why stop at four? I talked to a guy the other day that won 8 orange Fright Riders, and he was super proud of that. Heck, why not try to win 96 a day?

This bolded part ... SO MUCH. Geez it is incredibly ironic to use the "it's just a toy crap" as you are trying to grab FOUR. If it is just a toy, then grab ONE. It is a free giveaway, take ONE then move on. Don't chide others for wanting to get ONE as it being silly, as you are making return trips to the buffet for "the collection" or "other people".

If you are expecting people to be happy for you or compliment your luck then you are delusional. I cannot imagine why you would think it is ok to collect multiple free items as others are having difficulty getting just one. Yes, we all know people are going to do that - but if you choose to keep going either keep it to yourself after ONE or don't be offended when people get mad at you for being "that guy" that goes to the pizza buffet and takes the whole pepperoni pizza.
rfriend Blue Sparx Gems: 592
#807 Posted: 17:08:28 11/11/2013
if i can win one for my son that will be great , if not life goes on
good luck all
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#808 Posted: 17:28:08 11/11/2013
I really should have been more sensitive. My post was mainly to post the time of winning. I don't feel bad about going after 4 though. It's a contest and if I want to waste my time playing over and over then whatever. Im sorry there are people who haven't won yet, but there's still a lot of days left. I don't get upset about people winning fright riders even though I still have yet to find a bag. It's a contest and most people on here are very generous and I'm sure would have no problem giving or selling a rattle shake cheap.
sawcochran Green Sparx Gems: 270
#809 Posted: 17:36:07 11/11/2013
Quote: mxzx800ho
Will trade rattle for a glow frightrider

I will trade Fright Rider for Quick Draw GITD Rattle Snake. Feeling like I will never win this promo.
czs716 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#810 Posted: 18:05:33 11/11/2013

The funniest part of your post is that most of it easily applies to you, as well. You're judging me for judging people (like yourself) trying to win three or four figures. You're complaining that I'm complaining. You say "all this over a toy [insert internet acronym]" yet you're trying to win four of them. I don't know why you would tell us you're trying to win four of them, and not expect us to raise our eyebrows. Why stop at four? I talked to a guy the other day that won 8 orange Fright Riders, and he was super proud of that. Heck, why not try to win 96 a day?

8 already gave my reasoning for wanting four. I have four people who play and want one. There's no difference in me winning all four or each of us entering until we win one. I stop at four because that's all I need. If I only win one then so be it. And raise eyebrows? Really? Max is four per household, I have four people wanting one, not like I'm scalping.
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
#811 Posted: 18:18:51 11/11/2013
Quote: defpally

This bolded part ... SO MUCH. Geez it is incredibly ironic to use the "it's just a toy crap" as you are trying to grab FOUR. If it is just a toy, then grab ONE. It is a free giveaway, take ONE then move on. Don't chide others for wanting to get ONE as it being silly, as you are making return trips to the buffet for "the collection" or "other people".

If you are expecting people to be happy for you or compliment your luck then you are delusional. I cannot imagine why you would think it is ok to collect multiple free items as others are having difficulty getting just one. Yes, we all know people are going to do that - but if you choose to keep going either keep it to yourself after ONE or don't be offended when people get mad at you for being "that guy" that goes to the pizza buffet and takes the whole pepperoni pizza.

I was saying the "its just a toy" because of all the arguing. I don't think its silly for only wanting one. I may want four for those who play and ARE NOT ENTERING OR DON'T HAVE TIME TO, but I have not entered again for about 3-4 days now. Same to you, don't be offended when people say they want more than one.
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#812 Posted: 18:27:57 11/11/2013
spyroflame0487: Enter very late at night. It seems 2 to 5 am there are SLIGHTLY better odds.

I'm glad I dont see people on here bragging that they got MORE than 4. I can understand wanting 4, but with so many people still losers, it is greedy to go for more than that.

(I got my 1 already)
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#813 Posted: 18:30:26 11/11/2013
Don't worry about it, man. Some folks just aren't happy with the concept that they don't control everything and everyone.

This contest is interesting. With the virtual unlimited ability to enter, everyone is on the same footing with this contest. This isn't like a chase variant where you have to completely luck into being in the right place at the right time or some convention exclusive that you can't get because you're not invited. This is a figure that puts everyone at the same level. Go to the website, enter a code and hope you win. Just like every single other person. Heck, it's even free - so money isn't an excuse.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#814 Posted: 19:06:00 11/11/2013
Quote: Graz73
spyroflame0487: Enter very late at night. It seems 2 to 5 am there are SLIGHTLY better odds.

I'm glad I dont see people on here bragging that they got MORE than 4. I can understand wanting 4, but with so many people still losers, it is greedy to go for more than that.

(I got my 1 already)

My post was intended to point out that there is no reason to post how many of these figures you are playing for or who you're trying to win them for or what you're going to do with extras. There's a sticky in the first post on this thread if you're really shallow enough and want to brag about wins. That being said, I don't mind people posting about a win, but multiple wins is bragging even if you're playing for other people. Post bragging elsewhere as it's disheartening to post about it in this thread as there are still people playing for their one win (many of them being children or parents of young kids that love Skylanders). Let's keep this thread positive for all collectors. I have absolutely no problem with those of you out there trying to win 4 for your household or friends...there's plenty of us trying to do that since it's within the rules plain and simple...just keep multiple wins to yourself or go ahead and brag in the the first thread of this forum. Let's keep this thread positive and contribute information that will be useful to the collecting community about winning a figure.

We're less than 10 days into this promotion and we don't need to read about how many of these figures you've won, who you're playing for, or what you plan to do with them in this thread for another month and a half when this instant win contest ends. Just do with the contest entries as you wish (within the contest rules hopefully) and be on with other more important things in your life.
artican Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#815 Posted: 19:28:17 11/11/2013
Well my son has read some of the threads in here by accident i left it up and for a 9 year old he is upset, so he told me once he gets the one he won in he will be doing something with the skylanders swap force Facebook page to give his away and that him and his sister will share hers. I am a proud dad this veterans day my son also read me his statement of what this day means to him. At the end he said if it was not for people like me (vets) that he would not have the freedom we do today, and that he is glad that I am here today because if I had died then him or sister would not be here today. So 1 between us both is fine dad, We love you.
#816 Posted: 19:35:30 11/11/2013
I was saying the "its just a toy" because of all the arguing. I don't think its silly for only wanting one. I may want four for those who play and ARE NOT ENTERING OR DON'T HAVE TIME TO, but I have not entered again for about 3-4 days now. Same to you, don't be offended when people say they want more than one.

I'm not offended you want more than one, I just think you are being greedy. Lots of people make the time to enter the contest and haven't won, every extra one you win for "someone else" is taking one away from someone that is putting in the effort and giving it to someone that cannot be bothered.
#817 Posted: 19:58:31 11/11/2013

I'm not offended you want more than one, I just think you are being greedy. Lots of people make the time to enter the contest and haven't won, every extra one you win for "someone else" is taking one away from someone that is putting in the effort and giving it to someone that cannot be bothered.

I'm being greedy because I won one, and I'm entering because my 12 year old nephew wants one for Christmas, my girlfriend wants one, and she wants to get her 13 year old brother one for Christmas? Get over it. Once again, what's the difference in me winning the four or all four of us entering until we win? Not everyone has as much computer access as me, namely the 12 and 13 year olds. But God forbid they get one. I guess if you don't get one then no oone should. And as I said, I haven't entered in quite a few days and if I only win one, then so be it. But the people that I'm trying to win one for have just as much a right to have one as you do. Sounds like you're being selfish. If you want four, or anyone else, then go for it. I'm not gonna complain if I only win one and someone else gets four or any other combination, its a n instant win game open to everyone. If you win, you win and if you don't, you don't. That's the nature of the game, but don't tell me that I'm being greedy for entering the codes for someone else who would do it themselves if they had access. And to allude to your "pizza" example, I'm the guy that paid for the buffet and got the pizza for the others at the table.
---
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#818 Posted: 20:08:21 11/11/2013
If it helps at all, I won mine last week at 4:09 AM. Glad to be done with this and good luck to those still playing!!
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#819 Posted: 20:08:41 11/11/2013

I'm being greedy because I won one, and I'm entering because my 12 year old nephew wants one for Christmas, my girlfriend wants one, and she wants to get her 13 year old brother one for Christmas? Get over it. Once again, what's the difference in me winning the four or all four of us entering until we win? Not everyone has as much computer access as me, namely the 12 and 13 year olds. But God forbid they get one. I guess if you don't get one then no oone should. And as I said, I haven't entered in quite a few days and if I only win one, then so be it. But the people that I'm trying to win one for have just as much a right to have one as you do. Sounds like you're being selfish. If you want four, or anyone else, then go for it. I'm not gonna complain if I only win one and someone else gets four or any other combination, its a n instant win game open to everyone. If you win, you win and if you don't, you don't. That's the nature of the game, but don't tell me that I'm being greedy for entering the codes for someone else who would do it themselves if they had access. And to allude to your "pizza" example, I'm the guy that paid for the buffet and got the pizza for the others at the table.

ditto from me
plebeianprint Blue Sparx Gems: 676
#820 Posted: 20:15:19 11/11/2013
Quote: artican
Well my son has read some of the threads in here by accident i left it up and for a 9 year old he is upset, so he told me once he gets the one he won in he will be doing something with the skylanders swap force Facebook page to give his away and that him and his sister will share hers. I am a proud dad this veterans day my son also read me his statement of what this day means to him. At the end he said if it was not for people like me (vets) that he would not have the freedom we do today, and that he is glad that I am here today because if I had died then him or sister would not be here today. So 1 between us both is fine dad, We love you.

Sounds like he's a good kid. Even though he's being generous, and I'm a big proponent of sharing, I'd feel bad if I played a role in him not keeping his Skylander. He seems to have learned the proper attitude better than the rest of us.
#821 Posted: 20:23:04 11/11/2013

I think you went over the line by calling somebody else greedy when they're playing within the rules. Rules allow for four wins per household and you have no right to call people names or judge them as greedy. As much as I've been an advocate of positivity in this thread and expressed my opinions about people posting about multiple wins (bragging), I haven't gone ahead and called anybody greedy for playing within the rules. Let's keep this thread positive. I think people are fed up with the childish posts, bickering, sense of entitlement, and bragging going on in this thread.
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#822 Posted: 20:25:36 11/11/2013
Very cool about your son, artican. As someone who works with young kids for a living, it's always a joy to see such a selfless and mature act. Wish scalpers would take the lesson to heart. Nobody who is still playing for others, especially for children, should feel bad about playing past 1 win. If anything, the obsessive people who need them all for themselves should think twice before posting, but not those playing to make others happy. My 9 year old nephew and my brother in law are still trying to win. I enter every so often for them so they can get one. If I end up with one that isn't needed, I plan to give it to someone with a disappointed kid that didn't win one. If that makes me a horrible person, then I'll take that as a compliment.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#823 Posted: 20:48:30 11/11/2013
Quote: mastermc54
I think you went over the line by calling somebody else greedy when they're playing within the rules. Rules allow for four wins per household and you have no right to call people names or judge them as greedy. As much as I've been an advocate of positivity in this thread and expressed my opinions about people posting about multiple wins (bragging), I haven't gone ahead and called anybody greedy for playing within the rules. Let's keep this thread positive. I think people are fed up with the childish posts, bickering, sense of entitlement, and bragging going on in this thread.

I'm advocate for being positive as well as helping out fellow Skylanders fans. "Entitlement" is thrown around a lot on the Internet, but I'm not expecting to win one, I'd just like a decent chance for myself and others - I just don't think it is "entitlement" to not have people that have won one keep adding entries to the pool and getting more out of the limited number of free prizes as they decrease the chances for others. Win one, move on and it is less people for those that haven't won to compete against. Every extra one that is won is one less for another fan, everyone trying again is more entries. Maybe it isn't true in this case, but I can assure you that "win one for my sister's kid" is code for "win one to sell on EBay" in many, many cases. You know that is true. It's the same on threads where people find a new figure and buy four of them show a picture, then when called out - "Oh, I'm getting them for co-workers, neighbors, sister's brother's step-son, etc.". Guys, we are our own worst enemy. And what is incredibly ironic is many of the people that would go try and win as many as they would allow are the same people that complain when they cannot find the latest figure. Karma is like that, you might get lucky this time - but you know how you would feel if YOU were the one that missed out. I'm advocating thinking about that. Sure, it is a lofty thought, but empathy is a complex, often difficult concept. "Thinking of others" shouldn't be a rare, idealistic or novel thing.

I'm a big fan of us looking out for each other and not making it harder for other fans. If you feel the need to collect multiple for everyone you know, then wait until they hit retail. It's like the people at the free sample tray at Sam's, take one and move on - if you want more then buy the item. Don't pull out a doggy bag and grab a bunch because you know people that might want to try it. Sure, they might allow it - but that doesn't make it right.

If you do know people that would want one, give them a code, and the address. Let them determine how important it is to them.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:50:43 11/11/2013 by defpally
#824 Posted: 20:59:09 11/11/2013

I'm advocate for being positive as well as helping out fellow Skylanders fans. "Entitlement" is thrown around a lot on the Internet, but I'm not expecting to win one, I'd just like a decent chance for myself and others - I just don't think it is "entitlement" to not have people that have won one keep adding entries to the pool and getting more out of the limited number of free prizes as they decrease the chances for others. Win one, move on and it is less people for those that haven't won to compete against. Every extra one that is won is one less for another fan, everyone trying again is more entries. Maybe it isn't true in this case, but I can assure you that "win one for my sister's kid" is code for "win one to sell on EBay" in many, many cases. You know that is true. It's the same on threads where people find a new figure and buy four of them show a picture, then when called out - "Oh, I'm getting them for co-workers, neighbors, sister's brother's step-son, etc.". Guys, we are our own worst enemy. And what is incredibly ironic is many of the people that would go try and win as many as they would allow are the same people that complain when they cannot find the latest figure. Karma is like that, you might get lucky this time - but you know how you would feel if YOU were the one that missed out. I'm advocating thinking about that. Sure, it is a lofty thought, but empathy is a complex, often difficult concept. "Thinking of others" shouldn't be a rare, idealistic or novel thing.

I'm a big fan of us looking out for each other and not making it harder for other fans. If you feel the need to collect multiple for everyone you know, then wait until they hit retail. It's like the people at the free sample tray at Sam's, take one and move on - if you want more then buy the item. Don't pull out a doggy bag and grab a bunch because you know people that might want to try it. Sure, they might allow it - but that doesn't make it right.

If you do know people that would want one, give them a code, and the address. Let them determine how important it is to them.

funny code for I want one for xxxx is I want one to sell on eBay, really if we have scalpers in here then we have serious issues within this forum and I don't want to be apart of that. For anyone to say that is code for something then it is apoling to me.
#825 Posted: 21:16:02 11/11/2013
funny code for I want one for xxxx is I want one to sell on eBay, really if we have scalpers in here then we have serious issues within this forum and I don't want to be apart of that. For anyone to say that is code for something then it is apoling to me.

It is abundantly clear we have scalpers on this forum, that isn't really in question. It is naive to think otherwise. We have even had a few that didn't lurk and openly talked about it, in fact one guy made a point of showing an image of his "Sales" on EBay. Other times there have been people that have been outed by virtue of not being clever enough to use a different forum and EBay ID after posting a haul.
#826 Posted: 21:23:33 11/11/2013

I find it funny you say "think of others" yet call me out for winning some for others. Just because they don't have accounts on here and post, doesn't mean they aren't fans or deserve the figure. Once again, I still haven't got an answer to this, if I give them a code, what is the difference in them entering it and me entering it myself?_
---
#827 Posted: 22:11:08 11/11/2013
I find it funny you say "think of others" yet call me out for winning some for others. Just because they don't have accounts on here and post, doesn't mean they aren't fans or deserve the figure. Once again, I still haven't got an answer to this, if I give them a code, what is the difference in them entering it and me entering it myself?_

Ok, if there is no difference, then give them the code and let them do it. If they can find the time to do it, and if it is important enough for them to do it, then fine. Otherwise you are letting your excess of time/desire cover their lack of it.

What's the difference in me finding Wave 2 at a store, buying the whole shipment for my friends that cannot find time to get to the store to get their figures? Because it takes the luck/opportunity away from those that do have the time, yet are not present at the exact moment I got there. Sure enough, I texted my friends to let them know, but that isn't different from providing a code to your friends. You are taking opportunity away from those that are putting in the effort and giving it to those that either can not or will not find the time to put in the entries. You are shifting the contest to people you think are worthy away from everyone else that are also attempting to win.

Let's put it like this, let's say there are ten opportunities (people entering) to win every fifteen minutes. One person wins, the rest have a one in nine chance the next fifteen minutes, and so on. Or if that winner continues to enter, chances stay at one in ten. Of course, that varies because people join or leave in every fifteen minute period, but every additional person in the pool reduces the chance of every other person, and every less person increases it.

And there are a limited number of prizes, let's say 5,000. That can be 5,000 winners or it can be 1,250 that each win 4 or any combination in between. It can be 5,000 people that put in the time and effort to win, or it can be 1,250 people that put in the time and 3,750 people that do not and are friends with those that do.

All I'm saying is let the time, effort and luck determine who wins. Put in the effort, have a chance to get one for free. Don't put in the effort or don't get lucky, well you can wait and buy one if it hits retail. It's a contest, let the contest decide who wins, not who you know. I have no issue with losing a contest when I believe I am on equal footing and follow the same steps as everyone else. That isn't "entitlement", it is "fair play". If this were a baseball game, should we let the best hitter go to bat for everyone on the team?
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 22:15:57 11/11/2013 by defpally
#828 Posted: 22:24:13 11/11/2013
Once again, two of the ones I am winning them for will get them as presents and also don't have the same access to a computer as I do.

As far as figures in a store, you are guaranteed the figure if you pay for it. This contest is not a guarantee.

And speaking of fair play, the rules say I can enter once per day per email address and win four per household. I'm playing by the rules set out by Frito Lay/Activision, not you or anyone else on this forum. Best hitter? Nobody has an advantage over anyone else when they click that submit button. If this were a baseball game, it would amount to everyone getting to bat as many times as they wanted. But of course, it doesn't matter how many times you swing, some will still strike out.
---
#829 Posted: 23:08:30 11/11/2013
You have a better chance if your access to a computer and time allow you to enter more often. You have more chances to take a swing than your friends that do not have those chances. I understand statistics are complex and often misunderstood, but you are increasing the chances of another person that can't swing at the cost of someone that is also taking swings. You are pinch hitting for people. Only in this game only one person can connect in a period of time, but by not stepping out after you connect the rest of us are still competing with you.

One would hope that as this contest goes on, chances would naturally increase for those that haven't won as winners step out. But many winners are still entering.

It's a contest, take your free figure and be happy with it. I know it falls on deaf ears, I just hope that some think about it and decide that one free figure is enough.
Swag Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#830 Posted: 23:50:51 11/11/2013
I already won 4, one to keep and 3 to sell
---
I'm Childish
wickedrunt Yellow Sparx Gems: 1161
#831 Posted: 00:30:09 12/11/2013
I'm finding it hard to believe that only Swag, czs716m, and artican are the only ones that won 4 when the majority can't even win one I could be wrong but guess well have to wait n see when they get cocky and post pics!
#832 Posted: 00:35:46 12/11/2013
Quote: wickedrunt
I'm finding it hard to believe that only Swag, czs716m, and artican are the only ones that won 4 when the majority can't even win one I could be wrong but guess well have to wait n see when they get cocky and post pics!

Did you even read my posts? I have only won ONCE. And even if I do manage to win four, I won't be posting pics just to be cocky.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:37:16 12/11/2013 by czs716
#833 Posted: 00:49:12 12/11/2013
I just hope everyone wins what they need. I don't care if you just need one or if you need four or more to help out friends and family. Good luck to all.

If you don't win, suck it up, kiddo. Life hurts, get a helmet. If the worst thing that ever happens in your life is that you don't randomly win a plastic toy, then I'd say you've got things pretty darn good.
#834 Posted: 02:01:16 12/11/2013

They're the only ones who get a kick out of bragging about their wins in an online forum...maybe they think they accomplished something big by being the first to get to four wins. I can picture them sitting in front of their computers relentlessly playing the game over and over again when they could have been doing something productive...maybe being out and about getting some exercise, helping family out with something, or doing actual work. Cockiness or bragging about toys are quite the childish trait, but I guess that's how some people get their kicks.
#835 Posted: 02:04:06 12/11/2013

They're the only ones who get a kick out of bragging about their wins in an online forum...maybe they think they accomplished something big by being the first to get to four wins. I can picture them sitting in front of their computers relentlessly playing the game over and over again when they could have been doing something productive...maybe being out and about getting some exercise, helping family out with something, or doing actual work. Cockiness or bragging about toys are quite the childish trait, but I guess that's how some people get their kicks.

Likewise, couldn't you be doing something productive instead of hanging out on a forum and making negative comments about people because they got some toys?
#836 Posted: 02:15:42 12/11/2013
Reading comprehension is pretty low here...
---
#837 Posted: 02:42:13 12/11/2013
Reading comprehension is pretty low here...

The funny thing is, by entering the contest instead of them, you're actually increasing the odds of winning for anyone else.

Let's say the average person can enter 10 times per minute. If you and nine other people all enter in a 15 minute time frame, then there will be one winner in 1500 entries.

However, let's say your three friends/family members and nine other people all enter in a 15 minute time frame. There will still only be one winner, but now, there's 1,800 entries.
#838 Posted: 03:32:19 12/11/2013
Quote: UncleBob

Likewise, couldn't you be doing something productive instead of hanging out on a forum and making negative comments about people because they got some toys?

Unclebob...you seem to be wasting the most amount of time here throwing around useless facts and figures about entries and stuff, so don't judge me on what I do with my time on a day off. What do you do in life which makes you so productive dude? Quit trolling all the time and get a life.
#839 Posted: 03:38:54 12/11/2013
Well, this year, I discovered a glitch in the system where I work that was costing us thousands of dollars. Like, one store (all the way over in New York state) was able to recover $99,800 after finalizing the research I sent their way. Made me feel pretty good. Does that count as "doing actual work"?
#840 Posted: 04:28:52 12/11/2013
Well, this year, I discovered a glitch in the system where I work that was costing us thousands of dollars. Like, one store (all the way over in New York state) was able to recover $99,800 after finalizing the research I sent their way. Made me feel pretty good. Does that count as "doing actual work"?

Burn.
---
#841 Posted: 05:31:38 12/11/2013

where did you get i won 4 i have only 3 for the reason i stated in post #714 and in post #745, i got the ones i needed and that is all i simply ask if someone had something to trade I might try and go for a 4th but i have not even tried since i got the last one i needed for my son and daughter and before anyone says anything my kids are 9 and 12. I was even going to let them do it themselves and the CS rep read this to me from the official rules"ELIGIBILITY: The Game is open only to legal residents of any of the 50 United States or D.C., who are 13 years of age or older at the time of participation." And then straight from the CS reps mouth she said "If you need more than 1 because of your kids not being old enough to actual play and win, then you will just have to keep trying the codes to win one for your kids this is why the rules state you can win 4 per household because of the age limit we know most households have 1-4 kids and that some will most likely not be of age." This came right from CS rep mouth. So i have the ones i need and have not even tried anymore since the last one.
#842 Posted: 05:38:09 12/11/2013
I just hope everyone wins what they need. I don't care if you just need one or if you need four or more to help out friends and family. Good luck to all.

If you don't win, suck it up, kiddo. Life hurts, get a helmet. If the worst thing that ever happens in your life is that you don't randomly win a plastic toy, then I'd say you've got things pretty darn good.

funny thing my son has that helmet already lol
#843 Posted: 05:59:34 12/11/2013

ok that is just absurd, you don't know me for one thing, i am a 41 year old combat wounded Veteran that was shot and developed PTSD. I served over 10 years in the Marine Corps infantry served on the front line in the Gulf War and in a 2 conflicts and have faced death too many times so DO NOT JUDGE ME, I am a proud father of 2, my son is 9 with ADHD and my daughter is 12 and has Autism Spectrum Disorder which is a combo of ADHD, ODD(Oppositional defiant disorder) and Bi Polar so don't even think you have any idea of my life. I do all kinds of outdoor activities with my kids with there conditions you have too. We go geocaching, munzeeing, they ride bikes on the trails, fishing, boating and whatever else they want to do. I have already worked my arse of for my country and myself, now it is time to live for my kids and my wife. I don't air my life out on forums but when someone thinks they know me then it gets personal. Do you think I like being disabled @#$! no, but would i do it all over again h#ll yes.
#844 Posted: 06:30:00 12/11/2013
When confronted with people that disagree or misjudge you on the Internet, there are two options you have:

1. Dump your life story and detail all of your hardships and/or personal accomplishments, in a futile effort to "prove" your point to people that don't know you and probably don't care.

2. Decide that the person you are debating doesn't really know you, probably will never meet you and even if you were to completely convince them you are right it would be worth less than the time it took to type this anyways.

There is entirely too much number 1 on this forum lately. It's a toy/video game forum. Keep your life story to yourself, it has no place here, could open potential identity theft issues and really doesn't make you any more convincing - in fact when people see that level of detail they tend to back away slowly. Talk about the toys, what you think and guess what - sometimes people will not agree. It'll be fine, really.
#845 Posted: 07:01:30 12/11/2013
When confronted with people that disagree or misjudge you on the Internet, there are two options you have:

1. Dump your life story and detail all of your hardships and/or personal accomplishments, in a futile effort to "prove" your point to people that don't know you and probably don't care.

2. Decide that the person you are debating doesn't really know you, probably will never meet you and even if you were to completely convince them you are right it would be worth less than the time it took to type this anyways.

There is entirely too much number 1 on this forum lately. It's a toy/video game forum. Keep your life story to yourself, it has no place here, could open potential identity theft issues and really doesn't make you any more convincing - in fact when people see that level of detail they tend to back away slowly. Talk about the toys, what you think and guess what - sometimes people will not agree. It'll be fine, really.

i just wanted them to know who i am i did not release info that can be used for identity theft. like i said only when someone attacks me do i say anything but thats fine i will not post anymore in this forum and the ones that really want these for there kids good luck everyone else well not going to say anything peace.
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#846 Posted: 07:05:22 12/11/2013
This forum seems to have completely gone off topic for awhile here...........

does anyone have any actual contest news? This is getting tiring.... I stopped reading several pages ago.
#847 Posted: 09:28:44 12/11/2013

Burn.

I got that beat by a longshot, so it shows how much you know kid. I am assuming you are a kid by all the juvenile posts and public info you keep putting up about yourself on this thread. Go back to playing for your 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Rattle Shake for all those many reasons you've described in this thread because the whole Skylanders community cares so much about you and your little situation. I don't feel the need to dump my situation or what I do for a living on the whole community to prove myself. This isn't grade school.
Torchiest Green Sparx Gems: 303
#848 Posted: 11:28:25 12/11/2013
I posted this in the wrong thread earlier:

I don't think anyone else has posted on this, and it's probably pretty useful to know. The codes that come from the bags seem to be infinitely reusable. I won using the code from this thread, which has obviously been used a LOT. But the codes they generate for requests are not reusable. I just got my five e-mailed codes, and tried one. I lost the first time, then when I tried it again with a second e-mail address it said the code was already used. Probably doesn't really matter, but interesting nonetheless.
#849 Posted: 12:45:30 12/11/2013

Burn.

I got that beat by a longshot, so it shows how much you know kid. I am assuming you are a kid by all the juvenile posts and public info you keep putting up about yourself on this thread. Go back to playing for your 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Rattle Shake for all those many reasons you've described in this thread because the whole Skylanders community cares so much about you and your little situation. I don't feel the need to dump my situation or what I do for a living on the whole community to prove myself. This isn't grade school.

You assume I'm a kid by the information I put up about myself, yet I posted my age? Simply amazing.

I appreciate the fact that you don't feel the need to post personal details about yourself... yet, find it funny that you feel the need to post negative, snippy comments about others based off your complete ignorance of their personal details... then, get more snippy and negative when they respond to you, correcting your previously posted ignorant information. But hey, you're not the first and won't be the last. Some people just like the ability to hide behind anonymity on the Internet.

And, to correct you yet again... I haven't won a Rattle Shake from the contest at all. As I stated before, I entered the first day and haven't bothered with it since (except for checking it out once to see that they did fix the problem where you could just go directly to the "You've Won!" page). Again, as I stated before, the contest is so screwed up that "cheating" (perhaps, not breaking the rules, but breaking the spirit of the contest) is about one's only chance to win and I'm just not into that. I don't have a single thing against those who are - this entire contest is a fuster-cluck due to Frito's complete incompetence in the way they've organized ("organized" being a very generous description) and ran it.

While I'd like to have the figure, I don't base even the smallest percent of my happiness around obtaining any little plastic toys - so, to those who get him, congrats. To those who don't, suck it up. Life goes on.
#850 Posted: 15:19:13 12/11/2013
i just wanted them to know who i am i did not release info that can be used for identity theft. like i said only when someone attacks me do i say anything but thats fine i will not post anymore in this forum and the ones that really want these for there kids good luck everyone else well not going to say anything peace.

It's not just you. There has been a tendency to "over-share" lately, typically for the purposes of winning an argument. Hey, I like to debate - but I'm under no impression that the person I'm talking to is going go "hey you are right and I am wrong". I hope I do shape the conversation, maybe make a few people think about things and provide my perspective.

If anyone finds themselves in the position where they feel they need to give their life story or personal details, then you are taking it far too personally. If you find yourself getting mad, you are taking it far too personally. If you find yourself offended, you are taking it far too personally. Step away, take a deep breath, the world isn't going to end if you don't fire back that zinger. In fact, most people when they see that sort of thing will just step away from the conversation. If a guy is dumping his life on a toy forum, I certainly don't want to be part of his instability - to me it reads like a compulsion issue, where "winning" overrides good common sense. It doesn't make you any more convincing. Sure, you may get the last word, but it isn't because you are right, it is because people don't want to be part of a debate with someone that clearly is getting too mad or has issues. If someone takes the personal info and does something with it, I don't want to be anywhere near that.

So in the end, people are going to disagree with you, sometimes strongly. It really will be fine. Take it in stride that some guy you don't know and will never know has a different perspective than you.

And if it bothers you to see people not agree, well there are tons of other threads to read. There is very little info that wasn't covered 10 pages ago. At this point the only thing "on topic" being posted anymore is "I won" posts.
First | Previous | Page 17 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22 23 24

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me