Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 18 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
New Frito-Lay Promo! [CLOSED]
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#851 Posted: 15:40:34 12/11/2013
Quote: UncleBob
Quote: mastermc54
Quote: czs716

Burn.

I got that beat by a longshot, so it shows how much you know kid. I am assuming you are a kid by all the juvenile posts and public info you keep putting up about yourself on this thread. Go back to playing for your 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Rattle Shake for all those many reasons you've described in this thread because the whole Skylanders community cares so much about you and your little situation. I don't feel the need to dump my situation or what I do for a living on the whole community to prove myself. This isn't grade school.

You assume I'm a kid by the information I put up about myself, yet I posted my age? Simply amazing.

I appreciate the fact that you don't feel the need to post personal details about yourself... yet, find it funny that you feel the need to post negative, snippy comments about others based off your complete ignorance of their personal details... then, get more snippy and negative when they respond to you, correcting your previously posted ignorant information. But hey, you're not the first and won't be the last. Some people just like the ability to hide behind anonymity on the Internet.

And, to correct you yet again... I haven't won a Rattle Shake from the contest at all. As I stated before, I entered the first day and haven't bothered with it since (except for checking it out once to see that they did fix the problem where you could just go directly to the "You've Won!" page). Again, as I stated before, the contest is so screwed up that "cheating" (perhaps, not breaking the rules, but breaking the spirit of the contest) is about one's only chance to win and I'm just not into that. I don't have a single thing against those who are - this entire contest is a fuster-cluck due to Frito's complete incompetence in the way they've organized ("organized" being a very generous description) and ran it.

While I'd like to have the figure, I don't base even the smallest percent of my happiness around obtaining any little plastic toys - so, to those who get him, congrats. To those who don't, suck it up. Life goes on.

Unclebob...I was quoting the "burn" post (by czs716), but you failed to see who I was referencing...read before you reply. Way too may personal details you shared about yourself and the contest...not smart to do in an online forum. Despite what you say about the anonymity of the internet, I will never think it's smart to disclose personal details about myself on the internet...people tend to overshare on Facebook, Twitter, and public forums as if the world cares about every little thing which goes on their lives. I have no argument with you and wish you happy collecting. I think you need to relax and stop taking things personal.
killer_spyro Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#852 Posted: 17:42:02 12/11/2013
Quote: Torchiest
I posted this in the wrong thread earlier:

I don't think anyone else has posted on this, and it's probably pretty useful to know. The codes that come from the bags seem to be infinitely reusable. I won using the code from this thread, which has obviously been used a LOT. But the codes they generate for requests are not reusable. I just got my five e-mailed codes, and tried one. I lost the first time, then when I tried it again with a second e-mail address it said the code was already used. Probably doesn't really matter, but interesting nonetheless.

I noticed that as well it also seems to be singled out in the email for the code "Limit 1 play per game code. See official rules". Seems strange these are the only codes that can only be played once.
---
Open to trade a Pumpkin Fright rider or Glow Rattle Shake pm me
jstewie23 Blue Sparx Gems: 967
#853 Posted: 17:56:02 12/11/2013
Just won at 12:53pm eastern.
---
Have extra Amazon FS, GITD FR, Pumpkin FR, Jade FW, Molten HD, TF Chop Chop, Scarlet Ninjini, QDRS
longsh0t Yellow Sparx Gems: 1293
#854 Posted: 19:57:59 12/11/2013
Not sure if this has been posted already but...

Protip for Gmail Users - Gmail doesn't recognize periods in your email address. For example, longsh0t@gmail.com is the same as l.ongsh0t@gmail.com and the same as l.o.n.g.s.h.0.t@gmail.com. Regardless of the placement of the period, they all go to the same email address.

Although it doesn't seem to even need the email address once you've "won". The form only asks for your mailing address and phone number so you might be able to put any email address in there and it will still work.
---
E . · '/· . F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Trading Card List
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:29:25 12/11/2013 by longsh0t
spyroj Green Sparx Gems: 360
#855 Posted: 20:51:18 12/11/2013
For Science Update #4 (I think)

Contest live for 9 days (11/4 to 11/12)
I'm 0 for 199 smilie

50 days remaining!

sorry for the delay folks, I was busy enjoying the weekend and entering my 24 codes.
Swag Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#856 Posted: 21:18:33 12/11/2013
I just won my 5th, I'm sending it to a friends house. Lucky? I think so.
---
I'm Childish
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#857 Posted: 01:07:10 13/11/2013
Unclebob...I was quoting the "burn" post (by czs716), but you failed to see who I was referencing...read before you reply.

Well, then, I apologize. You're right and I'm wrong. I simply assumed you were talking to me, as I didn't think czs716 had really posted much personal information... smilie

Quote:
Way too may personal details you shared about yourself and the contest...not smart to do in an online forum. Despite what you say about the anonymity of the internet, I will never think it's smart to disclose personal details about myself on the internet...people tend to overshare on Facebook, Twitter, and public forums as if the world cares about every little thing which goes on their lives. I have no argument with you and wish you happy collecting. I think you need to relax and stop taking things personal.

Don't worry, I don't take things personal at all. If virtually anyone from this forum showed up, I'd probably buy 'em a Pepsi, sit down and shoot the breeze with 'em. smilie

Believe it or not, I don't really tend to overshare. I don't really use Facebook much at all, rarely use Twitter and when I use either, I don't have much to say. The key is, knowing what to filter and what /they/ already know about you or can easily find out. Like, don't post your social security number, but realize that for $2, anyone can get every phone number that's ever been tied to your name. smilie
plebeianprint Blue Sparx Gems: 676
#858 Posted: 03:45:02 13/11/2013
Quote: Swag

I would ask you kindly, and as a fellow Skylanders fan, to count yourself fortunate that you won so many, and to please bow out, increasing, even minutely, the chance for other fans to win. Thanks.
Sickboy1138 Blue Sparx Gems: 817
#859 Posted: 04:13:56 13/11/2013
Can someone pm me a bag code youve already used? I dont think my podunk town is going to get these. We never got the fright rider ones and I dont think we got more than a case or 2 of the sidekick bags, they were gone the week after I got mine and I got mine the day they hit the shelves.
chran55 Green Sparx Gems: 132
#860 Posted: 04:27:28 13/11/2013
I have now won two after try for probably a total of 2 hours. One just now at 11:12 pm and one last night at 11:23 pm. I just hit it once every minute on the dot for 15 min blocks.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#861 Posted: 04:36:24 13/11/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: plebeianprint

I would ask you kindly, and as a fellow Skylanders fan, to count yourself fortunate that you won so many, and to please bow out, increasing, even minutely, the chance for other fans to win. Thanks.

Swag isn't nice. He won't do that
---
words. letters. filler.
#862 Posted: 04:52:03 13/11/2013
Quote: chran55
I have now won two after try for probably a total of 2 hours. One just now at 11:12 pm and one last night at 11:23 pm. I just hit it once every minute on the dot for 15 min blocks.

Playing a game over and over for 2 hours is a significant amount of time wasted. Couldn't you be doing something more productive? I can't believe people are dedicating that much time to this game for a figure that will probably be available for purchase for like $15 next year.
chran55 Green Sparx Gems: 132
#863 Posted: 04:58:09 13/11/2013

Playing a game over and over for 2 hours is a significant amount of time wasted. Couldn't you be doing something more productive? I can't believe people are dedicating that much time to this game for a figure that will probably be available for purchase for like $15 next year.

My son loves the game and has been super excited since he has seen the character on a bag at Toys R'Us. The look on his face and the happiness was well worth it. As far as Productivity I bust my ass in a super busy pharmacy every day helping people and spending 1 hr a day for 2 days in my downtime while watching shows on my pc isn't really that big of a time sink... Honestly only really posted it to post times and method in case it helped anyone else win. I'm done with the contest and hope everyone gets one that needs one.
czs716 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#864 Posted: 05:32:18 13/11/2013

Uh oh guys, the Productive Police have arrived to judge your time management...
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
Diggeh Emerald Sparx Gems: 3153
#865 Posted: 05:51:59 13/11/2013
Pretty sure "Sorry, you didn’t win this time" is permanently burned into my screen.
cdp1705 Blue Sparx Gems: 666
#866 Posted: 07:07:27 13/11/2013
ive tried every minute for 30 minutes straight and nothing.
plebeianprint Blue Sparx Gems: 676
#867 Posted: 07:58:49 13/11/2013
Quote: Diggeh
Pretty sure "Sorry, you didn’t win this time" is permanently burned into my screen.

I considered making it my computer's wallpaper, but I see the image often enough, as is.
Torchiest Green Sparx Gems: 303
#868 Posted: 11:24:01 13/11/2013

I considered making it my computer's wallpaper, but I see the image often enough, as is.

Wait until you win, and make THAT your wallpaper! smilie
spyroj Green Sparx Gems: 360
#869 Posted: 17:09:14 13/11/2013

You make it sounds like he, or I for that matter, are going to win smilie
darkjray332 Red Sparx Gems: 51
#870 Posted: 20:26:29 13/11/2013
I have to say thank you for your service and duty to this country masternc54. so these people can play the fritolay game freely.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:42:09 13/11/2013 by darkjray332
turtle20000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1370
#871 Posted: 23:16:22 13/11/2013
Im like the majority. 14 codes and nothing . Tried different times, and still not a stinkin thing...... Boo stinkin hooo
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#872 Posted: 02:25:48 14/11/2013
Quote: spyroj

You make it sounds like he, or I for that matter, are going to win smilie

Realy....cause i don't see me wining either....by the way did i say that i hate this promo?.... if not here it is ....I HATE this promo
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#873 Posted: 02:50:39 14/11/2013
I just won a second one two hours ago
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#874 Posted: 03:40:01 14/11/2013

Trolling?
I think so.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
rfriend Blue Sparx Gems: 592
#875 Posted: 03:54:33 14/11/2013
just won mine at 1047 pm
good luck to all that has not won yet
one and done
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#876 Posted: 04:04:08 14/11/2013
My boyfriend won one for me at like, 1 this morning. One down, 37 to go!! Woohoo!!

No, this has been a PITA, so this is a one and done for us.

Good luck, all!
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#877 Posted: 04:07:32 14/11/2013
Woohoo! I just won my 93rd Rattle Shake!
I've been sending them to random addresses across the USA. Maybe you'll be lucky and get one as a surprise!
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#878 Posted: 04:08:19 14/11/2013
Quote: BahamutBreaker

Trolling?
I think so.

Obnoxious? Most indubitably. smilie
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:08:37 14/11/2013 by GhostRoaster
Spinall4 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1019
#879 Posted: 04:21:32 14/11/2013
New to the forum. Glad i found it. Been creeping on here for a couple weeks now. I have entered 12 times a day at various times with no luck.
---
I have an unopened molten hot dog,s2 Bash,QDRS,HFR and flocked STTh . Looking for granite crusher,polar whirlwind,volcanic vault and other rares.
jdiknght24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1979
#880 Posted: 04:21:58 14/11/2013
i won one finally, 10 times a day since it started and got my one and only tonight at 10:31 pm est
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#881 Posted: 10:14:34 14/11/2013
I just won my 3rd 2 mins ago, only have about 2 more really needed to get for people
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
AkuSparxAku Green Sparx Gems: 488
#882 Posted: 10:39:49 14/11/2013
i have been trying like crazy.... i just want one for my girlfriend. none for me. i swear the person who programmed this promo needs to be bit by a rattlesnake then shot by rattle shake. seriously. 15 codes a day, this is tedious.

just watch the minute the promotions over theyll announce to all the losers we get a chance to buy them in may or something, laughing at all the time we waste on this piece o magikarp
---
The stormchase continues... Hunting crystal clear and stone whirlwinds
jayemsee Green Sparx Gems: 208
#883 Posted: 15:09:37 14/11/2013
FYI:

i just got a email confirmation email.

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS!

You were identified as a potential winner in the 2013 Frito-Lay/Skylanders® Rattle Shake Instant-Win Game, pending verification against the Official Rules.

Please go to Skylanders� Rattle Shake Instant-Win Game within 10 days to redeem your prize. Allow 8-10 weeks after verification to receive your prize.

On behalf of Frito-Lay, Inc., thanks for participating in the promotion!

and the site to go to stated

Quote:
2013 FRITO-LAY/SKYLANDERS® RATTLE SHAKE INSTANT-WIN GAME
PRIZE CLAIM REGISTRATION

Please enter the email address that received the potential winning prize message.

Seems they may be doing validation in order to send.
---
Hijacking Rainbows™
#884 Posted: 15:30:17 14/11/2013
@Jayemsee

The emails supposedly only come if you forget to enter your shipping information or if there's some error after you've tried to submit your info.
---
E . · '/· . F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Trading Card List
czs716 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#885 Posted: 15:34:17 14/11/2013
Quote: jayemsee
FYI:

i just got a email confirmation email.

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS!

You were identified as a potential winner in the 2013 Frito-Lay/Skylanders® Rattle Shake Instant-Win Game, pending verification against the Official Rules.

Please go to Skylanders� Rattle Shake Instant-Win Game within 10 days to redeem your prize. Allow 8-10 weeks after verification to receive your prize.

On behalf of Frito-Lay, Inc., thanks for participating in the promotion!

and the site to go to stated

Quote:
2013 FRITO-LAY/SKYLANDERS® RATTLE SHAKE INSTANT-WIN GAME
PRIZE CLAIM REGISTRATION

Please enter the email address that received the potential winning prize message.

Seems they may be doing validation in order to send.

Were you able to enter all the information upon winning? This wasn't a follow up email to get address information if you weren't able to put it in?
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
jayemsee Green Sparx Gems: 208
#886 Posted: 16:03:12 14/11/2013
No, never got an error/time out/disconnet and was able to enter my info every and each time and x2 check it.

I did however call last Monday, to make sure my entries and info was in the system. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

edit: I won on on the first day, and these emails were sent out @ 9:28a this morning. Received the same thing for Fright Rider also.
---
Hijacking Rainbows™
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:04:48 14/11/2013 by jayemsee
#887 Posted: 16:09:07 14/11/2013
Interesting. If they do this randomly, anyone doing the gmail trick might want to keep track of what email address they used last. LOL.
---
E . · '/· . F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Trading Card List
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#888 Posted: 17:52:05 14/11/2013
I'm scared now. smilie
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#889 Posted: 19:03:46 14/11/2013
Quote: Matteomax
I'm scared now. smilie

Unless you did random emails I would be. Mine for the most part are legit and each a different one for the ones I've won so far. I only hope I get the confirmation emails if they're supposed to be sent. It just seems to me its another headache and you could possibly miss out on your figures if by some glitch you don't get an email to confirm it.

So from what I take of the confirmation stuff that the contest started around the 3rd, and now today 11 days later they are processing them to give emails to confirm you did actually win it? I feel like calling them now.
---
#890 Posted: 20:10:34 14/11/2013
I'm scared now. smilie

Matteomax - I wouldn't worry until another 20 of us on the forums report getting these so-called confirmation emails. Even then, I doubt those college or high school kids I've spoken with at the Frito Lay/Pepsico phone lines handling this promo are going to put on their detective hats to sift through all the wins trying to see who used the gmail trick or real email addresses. They're more likely to investigate the clown on Ebay who has a ton of Pumpkin Fright Riders listed for resale.
cbunny84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1403
#891 Posted: 20:30:10 14/11/2013
I cant get this one to save my life. Using 3 emails and still nothing.
---
new edition: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#892 Posted: 20:43:11 14/11/2013
"I Won !" After a hundred tries.. ! Guud Luck !
---
Ammerin Green Sparx Gems: 280
#893 Posted: 20:43:31 14/11/2013
I haven't received any emails yet, I'll keep checking just in case.
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#894 Posted: 22:02:32 14/11/2013
Has somebody verified that a we are supposed to get an email confirming a win? I have never received a "confirmation" email from any promo via Fritolay.
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#895 Posted: 22:45:00 14/11/2013
Quote: shelly9871
Has somebody verified that a we are supposed to get an email confirming a win? I have never received a "confirmation" email from any promo via Fritolay.

No, typically there isn't an email unless they have some problem with an entry (I've been through several Frito Lay contests, never gotten anything from them). Given that the only person that has said he received an email won on the first day when they were already having problems with the re-usable codes that were on the outside of the packages, it would make sense that they are doubling checking the early ones.

One interesting thing though, is that we will know if they sell the email addresses for marketing purposes if people that use variations of their email start getting spammed on the variations. That's a big downside of this, you might find yourself needing to opt out of a LOT of marketing emails. Their Privacy Policy states they can send you offers, even for third parties - but you can opt out. So if you do this, brace for impact!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:45:53 14/11/2013 by defpally
KasiyatheDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2537
#896 Posted: 23:16:29 14/11/2013
For those of you who've mailed in cards for codes, about how long has it taken for Frito-Lay to email the codes to you? I sent mine in last Friday and I haven't gotten anything yet... At this point I'm considering just calling their hotline.
#897 Posted: 23:40:20 14/11/2013
I just got off the phone with a frito lay rep, as it turned out i did misspell the one for a sibling on the one this morning for his email so I called to make sure his would still get here. From what I was told:

You do not get a verification email, once you give your information at winning they get it within a few days. My first one that I won on the 11th was already in the system (actually on the very day I did) and is good to go.

Secondly and this goes to Matteo - as long as your info is correct on where it's going as they ask you on the zip code and phone number for verification over the phone and as long as you give them the address matches when you ask when they pull it up YOU'RE FINE so if the email's not looking right it's still ok.

This should be good news to those using the gmail method approach.

Lastly it's four per household, after that you'll need another address in order to get more.
---
Torchiest Green Sparx Gems: 303
#898 Posted: 00:15:46 15/11/2013
Quote: KasiyatheDragon
For those of you who've mailed in cards for codes, about how long has it taken for Frito-Lay to email the codes to you? I sent mine in last Friday and I haven't gotten anything yet... At this point I'm considering just calling their hotline.

I mailed-in for codes at the beginning of the month and got them about a week later. But the mail-in codes are just about useless, since they can only be used once, unlike the unlimited reuse bag codes.
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#899 Posted: 00:58:00 15/11/2013
I'm scared now. smilie

Matteomax - I wouldn't worry until another 20 of us on the forums report getting these so-called confirmation emails. Even then, I doubt those college or high school kids I've spoken with at the Frito Lay/Pepsico phone lines handling this promo are going to put on their detective hats to sift through all the wins trying to see who used the gmail trick or real email addresses. They're more likely to investigate the clown on Ebay who has a ton of Pumpkin Fright Riders listed for resale.

lol! It's probably that clownbag winning 92 of them "for charity" smilie
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#900 Posted: 01:07:18 15/11/2013
I mailed in for codes day 1 of the promo. I just got my first 5 codes tuesday. Wednesday I received 5 more codes but they were for the fright rider promo. I called to get them replaced and they said that they could see that "many of my requests had incorrect emails so the person who entered them typoed some." She said as the correct one's were enteted id receive a few at a time. SO frustrating
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
First | Previous | Page 18 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me