Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 8 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Skylanders Figure Tool for Windows
NightShift Gold Sparx Gems: 2408
#351 Posted: 17:06:26 30/10/2014
Quote: Zeke_D
I would also like to see it stay 1024x768, since that is a valid windows 'safe mode' resolution. Some *Other* skylander command prompt tools seem to only work in safe mode. As for the icon, how about using the Japanese cartography symbol for "plant or factory"? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_map_symbols

Again that's why I suggest a scalable UI. On first run it would default to the low "safe" resolution, but then should the user choose, they can scale it to a larger size. I just don't see the need to force it to be that size and not have the option of making it larger.
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#352 Posted: 18:06:27 30/10/2014 | Topic Creator
I don't bother with re-sizeable UIs because quite honestly, I don't see the point.

Either you get less information or bigger spaces. About the only thing you could do is resize the Y axis to get longer lists, but quite frankly it's a lot of work for not a lot of benefit.

I don't have time to re-write the whole app just to make the window scale.

I will be happy just to make it look a bit nicer.
alegeobla Gold Sparx Gems: 2501
#353 Posted: 18:33:38 30/10/2014
Ya, the size of the window is fine, theres no need to change it
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
Currently Working on: Sure Shot smilie
#354 Posted: 20:39:59 30/10/2014
You shouldn't have to re-write the entire app if you're using Visual Studio, it's like a couple of settings on your containers and some extra data so it knows how to scale each box (like if some don't scale for example). Again, that's also why I offered to do some of this work so you don't have to since it doesn't benefit you specifically, but it would benefit some of your users.
#355 Posted: 23:17:09 30/10/2014 | Topic Creator
I wrote the whole app in a text editor. I manually positioned each element with things like CreateWindowex() etc.
I don't have any "containers" that I know of.
Zeke_D Blue Sparx Gems: 822
#356 Posted: 00:26:57 31/10/2014
Hey Pyrofer, I found some more misnamed hats. I likely wont have time tomorrow to do more with Halowe’en, but I should have the rest of the hats named over the weekend.

Police Siren Hat shows as “Purple Fedora”
Lilypad Hat shows as “SF 136”
Pilgrim Hat shows as “Police Siren Hat”
Nefertiti Hat shows as “Trucker Hat”
Pants Hat shows as “Showtime Hat”
Obsidian Helm shows as “SF 135”
Peacock Hat shows as “SF 111 Attack B”
Princess Hat shows as “Ceasar Hat”
Leprechaun Hat shows as “SF 127”
Life Preserver Hat shows as “SF 129”
Kufi Hat shows as “Gold Top Hat”
Glittering Tiara shows as “SF 130”
Jolly Hat shows as “SF 153”
Kickoff Hat shows as “SF 154”
Greeble Hat shows as “SF 99”
Gloop Hat shows as “SF 142”
Gaucho Hat shows as “SF 107 Attack A Area Damage”
Fishing Hat shows as “Princes Hat”
Funnel Hat shows as “Rasta Hat”
Four Winds Hat shows as “SF 116 Attack B Special”
Flower Garland shows as “SF 118 Attack B Extra Damage”
Fishbone Hat shows as “SF 113 Upgrade 1”
Future Hat shows as “Toy Soldier Hat”
Flower Fairy Hat shows as “Sombrero”
#357 Posted: 13:00:16 31/10/2014
Quote: Pyrofer
I wrote the whole app in a text editor. I manually positioned each element with things like CreateWindowex() etc.
I don't have any "containers" that I know of.

Ahhh, okay. I thought you were working within Visual Studio which makes doing GUIs ridiculously easy. My mistake.
#358 Posted: 23:41:14 31/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Ok... Major changes are afoot!

New Version,
https://mega.co.nz/#!oN5FgIpK!...aCFANPml5RuRQoE

You will need THIS background image in the same folder as the exe,
https://mega.co.nz/#!1QQXFJKQ!...vgZDdGGpk2cWuZU

I NEED HAT FEEDBACK!

Please try EVERY Hat you can! I need the number that appears on the left and the hat description!
Even if the hat is right, please list the number, the hat and the fact it's correct.
I specifically need WRONG hats, mistakes, misplacements.

I have gone hat blind tonight trying to fix it all!

PLEASE! Everybody! Try your hats! Lets get this done once and for all. (Use later games please, SF and TT, especially TT)
#359 Posted: 03:52:25 01/11/2014
Great update!
I'm not a fan of the new background, but I just filled it to be a solid color.
I've noticed it only shows completed quests now, the remaining quests was super convienant.

Now for an issue:
After a little while (not 100% sure how long) the program stops "seeing" figures on the portal. If I click on "open portal," everything works again.

The program still crashes if the portal is unplugged. I'll check all the hats tomorrow. Should we make some kind of Google doc as a spreadsheet so we can list the hats and numbers as we test them?
#360 Posted: 08:44:58 01/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Remaining quests is still there. The buttons are still there and work, they are just invisible. Don't ask...
It's a bug.

Not sure about the stops seeing figures bug, I will look into it.
#361 Posted: 18:26:16 01/11/2014
It should com as no surprise that the Eon Elites aren't showing up properly. Let me know if you need any info about it to update the software.
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#362 Posted: 04:45:41 06/11/2014
I'd love to help, but I can't for the life of me figure out the key code... I have looked for over 3 hours with now luck. I know why we can't talk about it here but could some one PM me more info on it smilie
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
PuzzlePineapple Red Sparx Gems: 23
#363 Posted: 10:58:50 11/11/2014
Yeah... I can't figure out the code either.
Could someone PM me it?
#364 Posted: 22:33:06 13/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Alright.

A little gift for people. With the help of another forum member I've prettied it up.
Here is a zip containing the app, all folder structure and the "new" graphics he has been helping me with.

I know it's not perfect, quests are temporarily gone too. I would appreciate any bug reports regarding HATS or comments on the layout.

https://mega.co.nz/#!JdZxDYAQ!...oBokKqCpQSkRCpI

I think it looks quite good. Certainly more interesting than the plain background it had before.
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#365 Posted: 23:10:44 13/11/2014
"GREAT" work.. Pyrofer... Keep it coming.. THANKS !!!
---
#366 Posted: 14:10:19 20/11/2014
I was finally able to try out the new build last night with my S2 Slam Bam and had a really difficult time reading the figure. I'm not sure why, but normally (with the older builds) I put a figure on and it takes about 20-30 seconds to read it. This build, it took closer to 3 min of attempting to read, failing, not recognizing that there was a figure on the portal, reading, failing, and on and on.

Not sure if this was cause by the program as I was too tired to bother trying a different figure to see if it just happened to be slam bam or not
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
#367 Posted: 15:28:35 20/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Hrm. I haven't changed any of the portal code at all...

Try hitting "connect" in the portal menu before putting the figure on to make sure it started up correctly.
It could always be windows update changing drivers though, which I can't do anything about.
#368 Posted: 16:06:35 20/11/2014
Ya, i had tried hitting connect as well. Im not sure, maybe it was just my computer being weird. Ill try again with a different character next week when I get a chance to and see how it acts
---
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#369 Posted: 21:27:41 25/11/2014
I am trying to connect but it wont i tried both swap force and giants.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
X1pheR Red Sparx Gems: 56
#370 Posted: 22:21:30 26/11/2014
I just came across this post and would love the idea to backup, restore and inventory my skylander collection. I hooked up my XBOX360 wired portal to my laptop which runs Windows 8.1 Pro fully updated but no luck. The portal doesn't even power on. But it is recognized and shows as Spyro Portal with a driver issue. I tried installing the spyro portal usb driver from the V2 program but still no luck.

So I guess this is very common with the X360 portals right? So what is best to do to get this working? Buy a wireless wii portal?
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#371 Posted: 23:24:43 26/11/2014
buy a trap team ps4 or wiiu wired portal...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#372 Posted: 22:55:50 27/11/2014
Why a trap team portal? I don't even own trap team (yet smilie)
From what I've read I thought a 3DS or either (maybe slightly better) a Wii version portal was the best to get. Just don't know if it was ment as giants or swap force version.
Am I totally wrong here?
#373 Posted: 07:52:29 28/11/2014 | Topic Creator
I have had pretty much no problems with anything other than the Xbox portals.
If it's not xbox and it has a wire, it will probably work.

You can get wired old portals almost free all over the place these days. You can't however put a trap on them.

TT portal works and reads traps, in order to use an old style one and read traps you have to cut a carefully shaped and positioned hole in the portal "white plastic" to put the trap "into".
#374 Posted: 14:03:37 28/11/2014
If you've made friends with your local GameStop crew and you have a spare xbox portal, you can see if they'll swap your xbox portal out with non-xbox one since when they trade them in they all trade in under the same SKU.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#375 Posted: 16:22:22 28/11/2014
TT portal works and reads traps, in order to use an old style one and read traps you have to cut a carefully shaped and positioned hole in the portal "white plastic" to put the trap "into".

heh. Never thought of that.

Now, make my amiibo work in the package.
#376 Posted: 21:07:47 28/11/2014 | Topic Creator
If you are serious about making an Amiibo work I need one.

If anybody wants to send me one I promise to do what I can to decode them and include them in the app.
Expanding this to a do Disney Infinity is also a possibility but again I don't have any of those smilie

If I ever get one of either, you can bet I will be tackling them !

Of course, either a generic RFID reader compatible with the system or a portal for that system will be required. A lot of work. I have some ideas on how to decode the voices in the portal on Trap Team but not the time or really the inclination.

Since not a SINGLE new figure has appeared since Launch week for me I have really lost interest in Skylanders. I don't want to post one of those "I'm out" messages but I really am losing interest in the franchise.
#377 Posted: 23:36:12 28/11/2014
Since the "portal" for amiibo is the Wii U gamepad, you'd be looking at a generic RFID reader. Unless, I suppose, an Infinity or Skylanders portal just happens to work...
#378 Posted: 11:29:37 29/11/2014 | Topic Creator
I have a generic RFID device which I would use, I don't have an Amiibo figure though.
I was looking at Infinity portals on ebay but they are all quite expensive considering how much the whole starter pack sells for!
#379 Posted: 23:34:25 30/11/2014
Thanks. I'll get a wired non-xbox portal. Does it mather if it's a giants or swap force portal?
#380 Posted: 23:39:47 30/11/2014
I have a generic RFID device which I would use, I don't have an Amiibo figure though.

What's the cost on amiibo in EU and what's your PayPal address. If you can come up with a way to make 'em work in the package, it'd be worth buying you one.
#381 Posted: 11:49:55 01/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, I was kind of joking about buying me one! They are quite expensive here. It's like £50 for Mario but he does come with Smash Bros WiiU smilie

On a slightly more serious note they are about £11 on Amazon. My paypal is just my username hotmail dot com.

I have a couple methods used against Skylanders previously but of course until I get an Amiibo I have no way of telling if they are in any way crackable with my existing tools.
Without a doubt the Skylanders Portal will NOT read Amiibo figures. So anybody wanting to use my tool even if I get it working would need an RFID reader attached to the PC.

I was thinking of building my own to handle multiple figures, Inifinity, Skylanders, Amiibo etc but no idea if that is possible yet.
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#382 Posted: 06:02:32 02/12/2014
@Pyrofer.
you should be able to figure out disney infinity figures. from what i recall the infinity figures used similar rfid chips as skylanders (used arduino+rfid shield to read data off them back with di first came out) i bet you could get some cheap di figures at one of those used game stores now. get the starter pack ones from last year they should be just a few bucks each.
if you build your own multi purpose rfid reader, try to use some standard parts so we can recreate it. like say an arduino with an rfid mf522 shield for example.
how bout trying to get a bluetooth portal (battlegrounds or TT tablet edition) to work on windows and do crazy fun stuff?

@about how to make an amiibo work through the package just make an antenna or a powered signal repeater. like the biogenik skylanders portal thing (unless you live in canada you probably dont know what that is so google search it and its pretty cool), something like that maybe?

and as always. Pyrofer thank you for making such a great program. you are truly appreciated!
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#383 Posted: 06:30:04 02/12/2014
UncleBob, The reason they Amiibo don't read when they are in there package is the fact that they put a jamming chip/sheet of metal in under them in the package. This blocks the signal to the RFID chip in them.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
#384 Posted: 08:48:58 02/12/2014 | Topic Creator
I am using an Arduino clone and MF522 off ebay already as my RFID tool, so that would be my basis for anything future. It's quite cheap to put those 2 together and actually very easy as well (not many wires).

I did attach the Bluetooth Portal from battlegrounds to my PC and it's very easy. In fact it appears as a serial port.
Anybody that can write code to access a serial port can play with the BT portal, the original SkylandersEditorV2 has information on the basic protocol that is used and how to read/write figures.

I was hoping that the guy making Skylister for the iPad/iPhone etc would add BT Portal support in as it's so easy but I don't think he will/has.
hany Blue Sparx Gems: 874
#385 Posted: 21:30:31 02/12/2014
Sorry for being so negative but reading Skylander or Infinity figures with a "generic" RFID-reader is not going to be easy.
To read the data off the figures you need the keys for the figure. And even if you manage to get the keys for one figure, those keys will only work with that figure.
I think your best bet would be to stick with the "official" portals.

With that said, I'm not saying it's impossible.
#386 Posted: 07:25:20 03/12/2014 | Topic Creator
You are absolutely right, the keys would be different for every figure in Skylanders as well I presume as Infinity and it's incredibly hard to get hold of them for one figure let alone work out how to get them for more than one.
It would take years of dedicated hacking and lots of expensive hardware to do such a thing.
It certainly wouldn't be something just anybody could do.
However for the Amiibo where there is no dedicated portal yet (3DS one coming) there would be no choice.
For Infinity I am looking at old starter sets and second hand portals on eBay of course. If my app could support the Infinity portal as well as Skylanders that would be great smilie
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#387 Posted: 21:51:10 03/12/2014
@Pyrofer
Man, i love you. serious. if you need someone to test code on an arduino+mf522 i am your man.

@hany
I apologize, when i meant figure out the DI figures. i meant just pull the raw data off the chip. not decrypting it and understanding all the values.

with skylanders the original guy who released his source and example docs, cracked part of the encryption. which is why we are able to decrypt/encrypt a large chunk of the data on skylanders (there is still some data we cant touch).
you just have to dump raw data. than decrypt and then re-encrypt and upload it back and ..... tada. Almost any rfid reader can dump the entire contents of a rfid chip as long as its the right frequency. the hard part is when you want to write code back to it. serial number, unaccessable parts of memory addreses. checksums, key values, math, blah.

if we got some smart (smarter than me) console/hardware hacking people, i think the keys could be decrypted. maybe possibly? im far too optimistic about things and i know just enough knowledge to know what things are possible. (again sorry)

ps Pyrofer if i sound like an idiot would you tell me so i know not to speak..
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:53:23 03/12/2014 by exosquad
#388 Posted: 08:15:01 04/12/2014 | Topic Creator
@exosquad, you are mostly right smilie The technicalities of RFID would easily go over the head of anybody who hasn't spent months with datasheets and hardware... (ugh).
"almost any rfid reader" can NOT dump a Skylander, that requires the keys which we don't have.

I wrote a long piece here with details but decided not everybody needs to see it. It's boring. Instead I will post it somewhere for those that care and link to it.
http://www.pyrofersprojects.co...ders-in-detail/

If anybody wants any more detail just PM me, I won't reveal anything secret but am willing to help explain the basic technology and how things work in theory.

Oh, and I am trying to add webcode display to the app smilie I know that has been asked for. I am however having some coding issues so if anybody is good with C++ and Visual Studio please pm me.
hany Blue Sparx Gems: 874
#389 Posted: 21:11:26 04/12/2014
@exosquad
We're talking about different things here. I'm talking about the mifare access keys which are needed to read the data off the chip. You are talking about the encryption keys for the data itself.
#390 Posted: 23:05:50 04/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Ok, so in order I have Bad news, Good news, Bad news, Good news and Bad news.

Ok Bad news, I am having a LOT of trouble with webcodes and it might just be something I can't do.
Good news. I got a couple Amiibo figures coming.
Bad news, I already found out they are NOT Mifare compatible.
Good news, They ARE compatible with new android devices with NFC chips in them.
Bad news, I don't have such a device to do any testing.

No news on the DI front.
Telemaque Green Sparx Gems: 261
#391 Posted: 22:22:12 13/12/2014
Avec tous mes remerciements cher Pyrofer: tu es un vrai GIANT !
smilie
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#392 Posted: 00:10:36 15/12/2014
Quote: Telemaque
Avec tous mes remerciements cher Pyrofer: tu es un vrai GIANT !
smilie

Why did you post in a French?

English Version: With thanks dear Pyrofer : you're a real GIANT !
Telemaque Green Sparx Gems: 261
#393 Posted: 21:06:04 15/12/2014
Exactly, thank a lot smilie
#394 Posted: 12:08:03 16/12/2014
Will there be an update to the app any time soon? It would be nice if you can view all the heroics/quests correctly. Also an export option.
How is the db file created? I would like to read information about it so I can export it into an html view smilie
#395 Posted: 20:47:53 16/12/2014 | Topic Creator
I can't summon up the will to work on Quests. I had a go at "Pretty-ifying" the app but met some problems there too.
I was working on webcodes but there are some issues and it's not quite right.

The db is actually simple, 16 bytes, here are their meanings,
[0] S for Skylander
[1] low byte of figure ID
[2] high byte of figure ID
[3] Figure UID byte 0
[4] Figure UID byte 1
[5] Figure UID byte 2
[6] Figure UID byte 3
[7] Figure Series
[8] Base colour / Game release
[9] Money Low byte
[A] Money High Byte
[b] EXP Low byte
[C] EXP Mid Byte
[D] EXP High Byte
[E] Encrypted Dump? 1=yes 0=no
[F] Element type
Pashalik Green Sparx Gems: 101
#396 Posted: 19:00:58 18/12/2014
First of all, thanks Pyrofer for your great work.

Where in the dump is(are) the byte(s) where the figure series is coded? And the variant?

P.D. i have some figures that have ff078069 in the first block X D
#397 Posted: 23:10:03 18/12/2014 | Topic Creator
I don't feel comfortable discussing the dumps openly on here. It has been made clear by mods that discussing "hacking" is not allowed.
Now while I don't think reading your own data on your own figures is "hacking" some people do, so I will respect their wishes and not discus figure data in the forum.

That said, the original command line editor came with a text file that detailed the locations of the important bytes you want.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#398 Posted: 00:28:34 19/12/2014
This is code for PM me...
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Axio Red Sparx Gems: 15
#399 Posted: 15:53:45 21/12/2014
Does anyone know if it's possible to use a Skylanders USB portal to read regular NFC tags on a PC? So no Skylanders game, no skylanders figures - just the portal. I need lot of durable and cheap NFC readers (and that they light up is cool too) but I can't seem to find anyone who has tried this. I don't expect it to work out of the box, but by adapting some software like the one in this thread?

Apologies for asking an off-topic question but I've been scouring the internet for an answer to this question and this forum seems to be one of the few places where people might know the answer off the top of their head.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:55:32 21/12/2014 by Axio
#400 Posted: 18:08:13 21/12/2014 | Topic Creator
There is a chip between the RFID reader and USB in the portal. It won't let you do normal operations.

You could salvage the RFID parts if you have electronics knowledge but it's not easy.
First | Previous | Page 8 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me