Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 7 of 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pumpkin Eye Brawl? [CLOSED]
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#301 Posted: 10:16:13 18/09/2013
If I was going to get Swap Force, I would definitely spring the extra money to get the Dark Starter Pack. Plus, our EBGames doesn't seem to suffer from all the slimy practices which drive us away.

Too bad Activision drove me to my breaking point. *sigh*
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#302 Posted: 10:59:05 18/09/2013
Quote: niceguy1
If I was going to get Swap Force, I would definitely spring the extra money to get the Dark Starter Pack. Plus, our EBGames doesn't seem to suffer from all the slimy practices which drive us away.

I wish you would change your mind so that we can have you in all the Swap Force discussions, we need more posters like you who actually know how to make a decent post.
First Niblet, now you smilie
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#303 Posted: 12:59:21 18/09/2013
To be honest, I'd rather have any number of custom painted Skylanders done by forum members than this Pumpkin Eye Brawl guy. I don't even forsee him being very valuable as it seems like everyone is getting a shipment of him.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#304 Posted: 15:56:13 18/09/2013
Quote: Friendzie
To be honest, I'd rather have any number of custom painted Skylanders done by forum members than this Pumpkin Eye Brawl guy. I don't even forsee him being very valuable as it seems like everyone is getting a shipment of him.

If you are buying Skylanders to be valuable, then you are doing it wrong. Almost none of them you can get in a store will hold any value whatsoever. Custom painted Skylanders are very cool, some really talented works are out there - but they also will have no value as a collectible.

I too think they did Pumpkin as a cash out, but kids will like him. He is also a little less creepy than normal Eye Brawl, my youngest doesn't like the original one at all. He doesn't really play the game though, so it doesn't matter if it is in game or not - he just plays with the ones we aren't using on the side.
cbunny84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1403
#305 Posted: 17:52:37 18/09/2013
I just got my pumpkin today. *happy dance* so not feeling the pumpkin design but still cool to add to my collection. I'm Kinda glad hes not an in game variant because I can keep my packaging in tact with the halloween sticker. Activision proved me wrong. They WOULD put out a holiday design. *shrug*
---
new edition: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#306 Posted: 18:40:37 18/09/2013
Quote: defpally
Quote: Friendzie

If you are buying Skylanders to be valuable, then you are doing it wrong. Almost none of them you can get in a store will hold any value whatsoever. Custom painted Skylanders are very cool, some really talented works are out there - but they also will have no value as a collectible.

I too think they did Pumpkin as a cash out, but kids will like him. He is also a little less creepy than normal Eye Brawl, my youngest doesn't like the original one at all. He doesn't really play the game though, so it doesn't matter if it is in game or not - he just plays with the ones we aren't using on the side.

Well that's my point though: I don't think this variant will be valuable. Right out of the gate he is only $20 on the aftermarket, and every store in the world who deals in Skylanders seems to have gotten at least 1 if not more of him. Since he's not an in-game variant I'd rather just have a cool paint job on a normal Eye Brawl. I'm sort of trashing Pumpkin Eye Brawl here, you see. Hope some people enjoy him, though.
CTFdad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1439
#307 Posted: 19:20:09 18/09/2013
For those hating on PEB... see my sig LOL.

Finally got an email from Sears stating my preorder was shipped - only after everyone ...including the ones who don't even like him picked him up already. smilie smilie

cut/paste....yipes! From my post: #92 Posted: 1:11:40 AM 05/08/2013

I preordered this sucker on 5/8.
---
"Shut up and take my money already!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:22:26 18/09/2013 by CTFdad
BashBigFan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1695
#308 Posted: 00:02:15 19/09/2013
I also just got an email from sears saying my PEB has been shipped... Hopefully it will reach me in 2 weeks time...
#309 Posted: 09:11:23 19/09/2013
Quote: Hazard335

I wish you would change your mind so that we can have you in all the Swap Force discussions, we need more posters like you who actually know how to make a decent post.
First Niblet, now you smilie

*blush* Thanks, LOL! Unfortunately I decided months ago that Activision is fooling around too much, manipulating us. Actually, Pumpkin Eye Brawl is a good example. We knew NOTHING about him, not even that he existed, until some stores started accepting preorders for him, then these boards blew up with people wanting to know more, like if he was real. And we had no idea what he looked like until Cindy's Beans put a picture on their preorder listing. Why didn't Activision mention anything? Because saying nothing cranks up the hype, cranks up demand. Look at me, he hasn't appealed to me really. I played with the idea of repainting his face as the Jack Skellington version (is that his name? Only seen it once) someone did in Photoshop, but that's not much. But when I saw him in the store, I got him anyway! LOL! I sicken me. smilie

(Funny, the sales clerk happened to mention Jack when I bought him, LOL!
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:13:12 19/09/2013 by niceguy1
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#310 Posted: 12:07:15 19/09/2013
Curse you, Activision... trying to give us surprises! Don't you know we have a right to know EVERYTHING!
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7055
#311 Posted: 13:42:32 19/09/2013
Well what do you know.. The CD Universe order shipped! Interesting. I did not have to do anything. Should arrive in a few days I expect. Nice.

-VM
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
#312 Posted: 14:21:40 19/09/2013
Quote: UncleBob
Curse you, Activision... trying to give us surprises! Don't you know we have a right to know EVERYTHING!

I have to agree. Once more people get out of the mindset that every single figure has to be obtained, it is liberating and a surprise release isn't a big deal (I myself am coming around for Swap Force). My kids think it is cool to have a special Halloween Eye Brawl. Some people don't like it. He is optional, especially since he isn't in game. Having an option is better than no option.

It probably isn't the best thing for Activision that many are starting to take this perspective, but I'm looking forward to taking my sons to pick out figures this time instead of stalking shipments at TRU on weekdays (although I will still probably do that for figures we really want).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:21:55 19/09/2013 by defpally
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#313 Posted: 16:05:41 19/09/2013
Only thing i'm seeing is ppl online getting mad that he doesnt look like that in the game. Sadly ppl dont understand not everything is the same in game as out. I feel sorry for them as honestly one would not know unless it was put on the portal.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:38:51 19/09/2013 by SlayerX11
#314 Posted: 16:18:01 19/09/2013
Easter packaging Legendary Chill didn't even look different at all. At least they made the figure a little different. It's the OCD that makes people mad because they tell themselves that they have to have everything, then cannot justify the compulsion it by having a different appearance in the game.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#315 Posted: 23:46:21 19/09/2013
Actually, I don't think it's that bad for Activision to have less mega-collectors. Honestly, I'm sure they make up a very, very small (but dedicated) part of Activision's fanbase (and wallet). If more people would "buy what they like" instead of "buy all the things", then it will take folks longer to get burnt out on the franchise.

Sure, if you buy half the figures for SWAP Force and half the figures for Sky4, you'd probably be spending about as much as if you just bought all the figures for SWAP Force - but, aside from wanting your money, Activision wants shelf space - and if they keep you coming back to the stores for their product, they get to keep that shelf space (which helps pull new kids in when Sky 4 and 5 release).
#316 Posted: 03:13:46 20/09/2013
Quote: SlayerX11
Only thing i'm seeing is ppl online getting mad that he doesnt look like that in the game. Sadly ppl dont understand not everything is the same in game as out. I feel sorry for them as honestly one would not know unless it was put on the portal.

"One would not know"? _I_ knew. As soon as he was "discovered" and verified as real, I knew he wouldn't, I didn't need to test him on a portal. _I_ feel sorry for the people who don't understand the technology well enough to know that it was never going to happen, it was always physically impossible for him to appear in Giants as an in-game variant. All the in-game characters were discovered months ago, he wasn't one of them.
---
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#317 Posted: 09:58:57 20/09/2013

"One would not know"? _I_ knew. As soon as he was "discovered" and verified as real, I knew he wouldn't, I didn't need to test him on a portal. _I_ feel sorry for the people who don't understand the technology well enough to know that it was never going to happen, it was always physically impossible for him to appear in Giants as an in-game variant. All the in-game characters were discovered months ago, he wasn't one of them.

But you have to think that most people who play Skylanders (especially kids) aren't on the forums. I was reading people comment on the facebook page about stuff that I couldn't believe they didn't know, but then I realized that most don't interact with the forums like we do.
#318 Posted: 10:43:58 20/09/2013

Quote: obidawsn

But you have to think that most people who play Skylanders (especially kids) aren't on the forums. I was reading people comment on the facebook page about stuff that I couldn't believe they didn't know, but then I realized that most don't interact with the forums like we do.

That was my point, alot of ppl think these "variants" should look the same way in game as they do in real life, to them all other skylanders do this (lets forget glow in dark cyn and sonic here as it was only in walmart). Most normal ppl have never seen a chase variant so going by the rest of them they prob think "oh it has a pumpkin head it should look great in game" wait it doesn't is it broke???

I know because I come here, but we are a small amount of the skylander public. I mean i still keep seeing ppl putting skyladners on the disney Infinity portal and I ahd to even explain to 2 ppl on tuesday that skyladners and disney are different as they were buying skylanders starter and 3 disney guys... Sigh.
posreject Yellow Sparx Gems: 1331
#319 Posted: 22:53:27 20/09/2013
Pumpkin Eye Brawl has shipped and arrived from Sears. Beware, the shipping box is smaller than the cardboard packaging so they bent it down. It's not too bad, but there is a noticeable crease.
---
S:SA: 37/37, 3 variants & 4 SK
S:G: 54/54, 14 variants & 4 SK
S:SF: lost count...
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#320 Posted: 22:54:22 20/09/2013
How does he look lit up?
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#321 Posted: 23:22:33 20/09/2013
Found one today at the Walmart in Bedford OH (Corner of Northfield and Rockside). They had about 5-6 of them, about 3 of them had the bubble pushed in. Overall they had a lot, but this is the only one in Northeast Ohio i've seen with them actually in store.

[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
(My regular EB isn't blue, the camera just picked it up that way lawl
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:29:22 20/09/2013 by spyroflame0487
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#322 Posted: 00:09:00 21/09/2013
Thanks for the pictures of the light-up! I like him more than the normal, so I would get it, but I sadly already have the normal.
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#323 Posted: 00:45:15 21/09/2013
I really liked the way he looked in the box for some reason. I'm not usually someone to collect boxed skylanders (except that random Voodood I found at TRU last week), but I really wanted to keep him that way. Sadly, my ADD made me forget and I realized too late that I had just opened him. Luckily, Wal Mart had about 8 of him since I didn't want the Gamestop price sticker on it. I bought a boxed one and even got to use the $1 off coupon.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#324 Posted: 08:25:37 21/09/2013
Here's some more picks:

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#325 Posted: 17:52:31 21/09/2013
Not sure if it has been posted already, but GameStop Italia will have Pumpkin Eye-Brawl italy exklusive, so we can expect a release everywhere in europe I guess: https://www.facebook.com/photo...32&l=1b3f09520d
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
#326 Posted: 06:08:16 22/09/2013
TRU AD SCAN for 9/22/13 is showing 2 FOR $22 on skylander giants AND Pumpkin Eyebrawl is shown in the picture. So anyone in the USA that is still looking for him, may want to check with TRU in the AM and see if they got them in. (I think somewhere in this post or another eyebrawl one someone said something about the date)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:11:16 22/09/2013 by SlayerX11
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#327 Posted: 18:22:50 22/09/2013
This variant is so ugly to me- I'm glad I'm not buying these anymore (Sold my entire collection)- This thing looks like a waste of money :/
I mean congrats to those who found him and are glad they did and all. Luckily collectors in my area have one less competition now smilie
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#328 Posted: 01:24:21 23/09/2013 | Topic Creator
I'm making him part of my open collection since my son wants to try out his alternate upgrade path. Ugly or not, he's a welcome addition.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Legendary Me Green Sparx Gems: 292
#329 Posted: 01:42:41 23/09/2013
People talk about him like he is hard to find. I literally saw a whole wall of him at a Toys R Us and numerous figures at the big box stores yesterday.
Mattlander Yellow Sparx Gems: 1338
#330 Posted: 04:20:05 23/09/2013
Quote: Legendary Me
People talk about him like he is hard to find. I literally saw a whole wall of him at a Toys R Us and numerous figures at the big box stores yesterday.

I couldn't find him in several different Sacramento stores (flawed inventory tracking puts clusters in one location only sometimes), but I just got him from GameStop.com. I also got a crusher for 7.50 and a whirlwind for 2.50. I used the "Saver" code and barely hit the $25 needed to get free shipping on all of it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:22:18 23/09/2013 by Mattlander
Winter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1502
#331 Posted: 22:39:32 23/09/2013
So does he actually have a pumpkin on his head IN THE GAME? I heard he doesn't and if this is true I'd rather not buy waste-a money to buy a figure with no ACTUAL IN GAME feature.
---
Eon:"Perhaps I can tell you more about it...in time."
Winter: D-did Eon just troll me!?
#332 Posted: 00:20:05 24/09/2013
Quote: Mattlander
Quote: Legendary Me

I couldn't find him in several different Sacramento stores (flawed inventory tracking puts clusters in one location only sometimes), but I just got him from GameStop.com. I also got a crusher for 7.50 and a whirlwind for 2.50. I used the "Saver" code and barely hit the $25 needed to get free shipping on all of it.

I would go that route by gamestop.com wont take any credit card i give them..keeps saying my info doesnt match the banks. Yet every other website works and it does match, so i'm at a lose.
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#333 Posted: 00:54:23 24/09/2013
Quote: Winter
So does he actually have a pumpkin on his head IN THE GAME? I heard he doesn't and if this is true I'd rather not buy waste-a money to buy a figure with no ACTUAL IN GAME feature.

No ...he's not an In-Game Variant.. smilie ...you can tell that just by looking at the cardboard background...the standard Eye-Brawl is pictured there. And his name on the bottom of the box...it just says Eye-Brawl...not Pumpkin Eye-Brawl. smilie
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
#334 Posted: 04:46:38 24/09/2013
Quote: obidawsn

Yes, of course it's true that parents will be thrown. But I was ONLY referring to the people who are participating in these online discussions, and should be well aware that there are variants who don't appear in game. I'm just referring to us fellow forum denizens. smilie
---
First | Previous | Page 7 of 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me