Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 4 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Gnarly Tree Rex [CLOSED]
Zer0 Blue Sparx Gems: 996
#151 Posted: 02:18:39 31/07/2013
There is a reason why the general population has a habit of looking down upon adult collectors and I think you'll find it tucked neatly in the greedy arms of selfish scalpers, right along with the case load of variants they're cradling on their merry way to the checkout line before going home to sell them on eBay.

I'm not a huge fan of people who do that sort of thing, no matter how they justify it, not because it makes it difficult for me to get what I'm looking for (although, that certainly doesn't help), but because it makes me feel like I have to overcompensate for their behavior so I'm not mistaken for or lumped into the same category as one of them. I also have no respect for people who openly display their unmitigated compulsion for greed like that.

Anyway, back on topic, do we know if tomorrow is the legitimate street date for these figures, or if it's later next month? This is probably one of my favorite figures in terms of looks and I'd like to make sure I manage to get one before they're gone.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:20:09 31/07/2013 by Zer0
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#152 Posted: 02:39:26 31/07/2013
Zer0---I only know that in Florida--at our local TRU--the box of gnarly tree Rex figures had a August 18th sticker on it. It's conflicting with what others have heard and seen. Weird--I don't know what others will experience. I preordered one on that link that was posted here. On that site it said July 31st.
I'll be interested in what happens.

Agree with your post too--different perspective
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
groovemachine Green Sparx Gems: 117
#153 Posted: 03:02:54 31/07/2013
Yeah, just go ahead and order it off of cduniverse.com - at least you'll get one without wasting a bunch of time driving around trying to beat the Slayers and Drews that are racing to wipe the shelves clean.

http://www.cduniverse.com/prod...673&style=games
triggernut Emerald Sparx Gems: 3483
#154 Posted: 04:59:38 31/07/2013
I'm just glad to know I don't have to worry about chasing Gnarly down since I already bought the Wii bundle. When my wife saw the blue Wii she wanted it lol, so I bought the bundle and gave my old Wii to some friends who wanted one. In the end everyone wound up happy, so this one is a done deal for me.
fateorfear Blue Sparx Gems: 901
#155 Posted: 07:34:38 31/07/2013
Hi shelly, in my store pretty much all we have is legendary bouncer, no one wants him over here
---
DARK SPYRO HAS RETURNED!!!!
#156 Posted: 08:14:55 31/07/2013
It's interesting which figures become rare--and further which figures in each country. Legendary Bouncer is priced high in US but UK--that is the one you have lots of.
You never know I guess. Thanks for posting fateofear. smilie

Agreed Groovemachine--preorder and save yourself the hassle. Shipping likely costs close to what has costs anyway--that and people's time is worth something too.
smilie
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#157 Posted: 12:37:35 31/07/2013
Quote: groovemachine
Yeah, just go ahead and order it off of cduniverse.com - at least you'll get one without wasting a bunch of time driving around trying to beat the Slayers and Drews that are racing to wipe the shelves clean.

Seriously dude wtf. I bought myself one, my wife bought herself and son one. 3 ppl wanted 3 items, who gives a crap if we live together, would you feel better if we weren't married and lived apart?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:39:54 31/07/2013 by SlayerX11
j32bass Yellow Sparx Gems: 1842
#158 Posted: 13:09:20 31/07/2013
Quote: SlayerX11
Quote: groovemachine

Seriously dude wtf. I bought myself one, my wife bought herself and son one. 3 ppl wanted 3 items, who gives a crap if we live together, would you feel better if we weren't married and lived apart?

You're spot on Slayer, don't worry about groovemachine, anybody following this thread with half a brain knows he/she is off base on that comment. groovemachine could have just said "scalpers" or "hoarders" without trying to single out forum members that didn't deserve it, but it shows how groovemachine thinks.......or doesn't.
---
Thinkin' 'bout droppin' out.
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#159 Posted: 13:22:40 31/07/2013
Groovemachine, you're proving yourself to be a major dunce, man. Lay off the Haterade, dude.

Regarding the general discussion on "scalping" in this thread, I have the following to say:

UncleBob is right (gasp ... am I really saying that?). It's important that we all keep perspective, even as Skylanders fanatics, that these are TOYS. We love them, for now ... but let's be frank and honest ... only a tiny fraction of us are going to really care about Skylanders at all 10 years from now. Ultimately all Skylanders are recreational playthings (yes, even if you keep yours "in the box") and they are (sadly, perhaps in our eyes) disposable and unimportant.

However ... Defpally is also right (sorry to disappoint you, UncleBob)! How can they both be right, you might ask? Well ... I already explained why UncleBob is right. Defpally is right because his assessment of people who purchase multiple is fair and objective. It isn't boorish or overtly emotional.

In the end, like many things in today's culture, many/most of you reading this would prefer everything to be "black and white", where all things can be neatly categorized into "good" or "bad", with no middle ground that creates cognitive dissonance and uncertainty. The world is confusing enough, right? Well, too bad. Get over it. The lines aren't as cleanly drawn as you'd like. I'm not trying to justify anything other than the truth that lashing out at someone like SlayerX, just because he bought 3 Gnarly Tree Rex .... is asinine. You'd think he had pissed in someone's coffee mug or tripped an old lady with a walker on the street. Lay off, seriously.

Many (or most!) of the people that pump out the best, earliest, and most reliable information on this forum, are indeed people who sell Skylanders (gasp!!). If you're dreaming of a "perfect Skylanders world" where every person never ever does anything morally or ethically questionable, but you still receive accurate "insider" info before 99% of consumers from this forum ... then you're doing just that ... dreaming. My mother has an old saying that I always thought was weird ... "you can't have your cake and eat it, too" ... I didn't understand what the heck that meant when I was a child, but I do now. It's basically that you can not expect to get all the things you would prefer unless you're also willing to accept the associated elements that you find displeasing. And that's truth.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:48:17 31/07/2013 by ItsJustMe
cbunny84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1403
#160 Posted: 14:03:55 31/07/2013
.... while ON the actual title topic... did anyone's order get processed yet through cduniverse. Mine is but not sure when it will be shipped.
---
new edition: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Zer0 Blue Sparx Gems: 996
#161 Posted: 14:30:39 31/07/2013
I managed to get to a local Target and Walmart today and a Toys "R" Us last night. No sign of Gnarly Tree Rex at any of those locations. If it was street dated for today, I'm sure it would have been at at least one of those stores.

In my opinion, Shelly's information is probably correct, but it couldn't hurt to keep an eye out in the meantime.
#162 Posted: 14:32:22 31/07/2013
The money was taken out of my acct but I used Paypal so I'm thinking that is handled differently than cc. Right?
---
SkylanderPrime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1843
#163 Posted: 14:50:07 31/07/2013
The status of my order says Backordered since 7/31/2013. Anybody else seeing this?
---
I'm Kind of a Big Deal!!!! Scotchy Scotch Scotch is my favorite flavor!
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#164 Posted: 15:39:35 31/07/2013
Quote: UncleBob
Quote: defpally
And, by the way, if you keep on reading my posts you will realize my whole point is over wants vs. needs and how people justify their own scalping because they feel they "need" a WiiU, more Skylander, etc.

...and some people justify their generic hatred of people they know virtually nothing about becayse they feel they "need" (a.k.a. "want") a little plastic toy. Then, they justify negative comments and attacks at people they know next to nothing about who got the little plastic toy they wanted before they did...

#Firstworldproblems all up in here.

You sure do like to argue a lot about those "little plastic toys" you seem to think people should care so little about.

Please tell us, since we aren't allowed to debate less important issues of the day, which real problem should we focus on? Oh scratch that, by that logic this whole site needs to come down, because why waste time discussing first world things like video games and plastic figures? World hunger and war and disease and economics around the world must consume our every waking thought! We haven't a moment to spare for "fun" stuff!

If the little plastic toys are no big deal to you then shut up and move on. Some people like to talk and complain about them. At least we aren't whining over and over about someone reporting us for posting an unsubstantiated "inside scoop" on a variant. Because boy that would be so much more pathetic.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#165 Posted: 15:42:40 31/07/2013
The street date, at least for TRU, is 8/18. That's according to the sticker on the boxes that have arrived there. Apparently, it's supposed to be in the ad (probably with another Skylanders promotion/sale). Here's proof (thanks to prim from CAG):

[User Posted Image]
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:44:30 31/07/2013 by obidawsn
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#166 Posted: 15:54:05 31/07/2013
Quote: defpally
You sure do like to argue a lot about those "little plastic toys" you seem to think people should care so little about.

Please tell us, since we aren't allowed to debate less important issues of the day, which real problem should we focus on? Oh scratch that, by that logic this whole site needs to come down, because why waste time discussing first world things like video games and plastic figures? World hunger and war and disease and economics around the world must consume our every waking thought! We haven't a moment to spare for "fun" stuff!

If the little plastic toys are no big deal to you then shut up and move on. Some people like to talk and complain about them. At least we aren't whining over and over about someone reporting us for posting an unsubstantiated "inside scoop" on a variant. Because boy that would be so much more pathetic.

You keep bringing up that Molten Hot Dog thing - then, you whine at be for supposedly bringing it up over and over. Funny. smilie

Regardless - I don't care if you like to whine about little plastic toys. Do it until you're blue in the face and drowning in a sea of your own tears. Complain about it over and over until your so miserable about it that you lose all focus on life and all you can do is focus on the negative around you. I don't care.

With that said, I *will* comment on what I want, when I want. Just like you get to. You'll notice I've never told you or anyone else to "shut up and leave" or any version of that. Y'all are welcome to your opinions. Just don't cry and whine (and focus on the negative all the time) when someone else posts an opinion that differs from yours.

And, by the way, you keep trying to deflect the conversation from your original claim and are continuing your mission to turn yet another thread into a "UncleBob is stupid again" post. You still haven't explained how anyone is "made" to buy little plastic toys. Is there a scalper mafia that comes into your home, takes inventory, and if you don't have enough Skylanders, they kill your pets in their sleep or something?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:55:31 31/07/2013 by UncleBob
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#167 Posted: 16:26:17 31/07/2013
Is there a scalper mafia that comes into your home, takes inventory, and if you don't have enough Skylanders, they kill your pets in their sleep or something?

I literally lol'd at work about this and am now getting sideways looks from my coworkers. Thanks for making my morning, UncleBob, lol.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
cbunny84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1403
#168 Posted: 16:26:36 31/07/2013
Can we stop debating and arguing over these things. Someone States an opinion, you fight. Someone posts information that can either be questionable or truth, you fight. I'm getting sick of seeing these all over the site. I come here for information about the upcoming figures and talk about how cool the game is, not whine, moan and complain about opinions and what could be better about the game. Its a video game with figures. Nothing more, nothing less. This site was made so people can enjoy themselves. Not to see who is the next Top Scalper. Yeah scalper's suck but accusing people of scalping sucks even worse. If it wasn't for all the info I get on here, I wouldn't come back. Who wants to see a fight all the time?
---
new edition: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:28:17 31/07/2013 by cbunny84
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#169 Posted: 16:31:20 31/07/2013
I really don't get worked up over it, and it really doesn't much affect me. I've always been fortunate with Skylanders to find the figures I want in the stores. I'm just making observations. I don't want you to leave, honestly you amuse me. But, if the conversation distresses you, then that was an invitation for you to leave. I was offering you the freedom to not participate in a conversation that you believe is clearly beneath you.

And no, I didn't respond to your redirection. My point on the subject was clear in the post and the following ones. I was talking about the harmful effects of scalpers, you were homing in on a single word and blowing it all out of proportion - per your usual shtick.

And, by the way, you keep trying to deflect the conversation from your original claim and are continuing your mission to turn yet another thread into a "UncleBob is stupid again" post.

I'm not trying to do that, I think the last thread sufficiently demonstrated that point. You jumped on that train. Or did I somehow "make" you do it?
#170 Posted: 16:43:54 31/07/2013
Obidawsn: thanks for posting pictures. That's what I saw but must have misread 8/16 instead of 8/18. Next time I'll take photo to avoid mistakes.
smilie
---
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#171 Posted: 16:52:09 31/07/2013
Darn.

What event? Can you provide details about it?
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#172 Posted: 17:27:17 31/07/2013
Quote: obidawsn
The street date, at least for TRU, is 8/18. That's according to the sticker on the boxes that have arrived there. Apparently, it's supposed to be in the ad (probably with another Skylanders promotion/sale). Here's proof (thanks to prim from CAG):

[User Posted Image]

Ty for the info. I guess I went to a TRU that didn't follow the street date.
#173 Posted: 18:21:26 31/07/2013
Quote: obidawsn

[User Posted Image]

Went to TRUS this morning, didn't have any G.T.R. on the shelves, so I peeked through the small glass square leading to the stock room, this is what I saw: (or something much clearer! Sorry for the quality of the pic!) They are behind the ladder and about the second shelf down, next to the paper hanging on the shelf.

[img][User Posted Image][/img]

I asked the manager to see if he could find the hold until date on these 12 or so Gnarly Tree Rex's sitting on the stockroom shelf. He said "sure", went into the room, came back out and said.......................August 2nd!
I said "Are you sure because I've heard of other stores releasing it the 18th?" He said "you can get him here on the 2nd".
---
onga999 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1152
#174 Posted: 18:29:57 31/07/2013
Just so I know I have the right info, Gnarly Tree Rex will be released at Toys r us on the 18th of August right?
---
just missing 7 skylanders.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#175 Posted: 18:49:48 31/07/2013
18th, yes, unless store employees break street date.

This could just be TRU only. If it's a mass release, it could be at other stores sooner.

What would have been helpful, though, is if someone would have posted the 6-digit item number from their receipt when they bought it. Sigh, I guess I will have to be the one that supplies that info, in order to help those looking for it.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#176 Posted: 18:50:36 31/07/2013
Quote: onga999
Just so I know I have the right info, Gnarly Tree Rex will be released at Toys r us on the 18th of August right?

Apparently it depends on the Toys R Us you go to. Mine is releasing him on the 2nd. Shelly's - the 18th. Slayer's - 2 days ago. It depends.
---
#177 Posted: 19:06:42 31/07/2013
I bet this knowledge helps the dorky scalpers who get to get their hands on them now, grab as much as they can, and sell, before they hit in droves.

Scalpers can't die with their money, and we're all maggot food someday.
---
#178 Posted: 19:24:36 31/07/2013
I would check your local tru. Some like the one by me might have just not read the box before putting them out. They looked like they restocked as they had a ton of giants out (including 8 ninjini) so I think someone just assumed it was part of it. The guy in electronics I think was new cause I've never seen him there before.
onga999 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1152
#179 Posted: 19:25:30 31/07/2013
ok, thanks for the help guy's!
---
just missing 7 skylanders.
#180 Posted: 19:30:49 31/07/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
18th, yes, unless store employees break street date.

This could just be TRU only. If it's a mass release, it could be at other stores sooner.

What would have been helpful, though, is if someone would have posted the 6-digit item number from their receipt when they bought it. Sigh, I guess I will have to be the one that supplies that info, in order to help those looking for it.

U want the serial number/barcode ?
#181 Posted: 19:38:39 31/07/2013
Those won't help anyone. TRU looks up items with their 6-digit item number. It should be on the receipt. I think it would go a long way in helping people find these through TRU, since it's on a store-by-store basis on who is selling them now or the 18th.
---
#182 Posted: 19:50:57 31/07/2013
[User Posted Image]

Barcode for Gnarly is the above picture. I'm also going scan it under targets system and see what comes up later on today. If it's like scarlet and jade it will have it's own dpci number.

Singles are 207001140, 42 is lightcore, 43 is giants, 46 is triples (but not battle packs, cant find a receipt with it but I know it's different), 47- was jade-flashwing alone, 48- was scarlet ninjini.

So I believe gnarly will be 49. I'll check target as i need to drop my sister off there for work. I'll let you know what i find all.
#183 Posted: 19:59:12 31/07/2013
Those won't help anyone. TRU looks up items with their 6-digit item number. It should be on the receipt. I think it would go a long way in helping people find these through TRU, since it's on a store-by-store basis on who is selling them now or the 18th.

[User Posted Image]

Not sure what number you mean but here is mine, minus the credit info cut off at the bottom.

I could attempt to scan my gnarly at TRU and see what the scanner says but I don't think they show it on it like target...i could be wrong thou.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:00:58 31/07/2013 by SlayerX11
Secretsof2113 Blue Sparx Gems: 842
#184 Posted: 21:54:01 31/07/2013
Keep an eye on Gamestop too, guys. I was looking today, and stores actually have the figures on the way now. According to the sku, there's not a street date on these, so will likely be able to be sold upon arrival. I already have one being put aside for myself when they come in, but I figured people would like to know since everyone is set on TRU and the 18th right now.
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#185 Posted: 23:22:29 31/07/2013
I am getting that guy, if it is the last variant I ever get...
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#186 Posted: 23:28:26 31/07/2013
Why not preorder zook? Might be easier.
---
#187 Posted: 23:30:56 31/07/2013
I do not want to order online, and I am still in the middle of my Swap Force saving period. I would want to, but I will have to wait. And school is approaching and beginning the 21st. Yippee.
---
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#188 Posted: 23:31:34 31/07/2013
Wow I actually didn't see what this thread was for at all.

Would anyone mind tl;dr-ing about this? From what I gather, TRU is getting Gnarly Rex singles on 8/18?
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#189 Posted: 23:32:44 31/07/2013
Yep, and some TRUS will send them out the 2nd. Hopefully not, as I need time for saving.
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#190 Posted: 23:35:59 31/07/2013
If anyone gets online links for it, post it here...I need to get me some.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#191 Posted: 00:10:00 01/08/2013
Both of the ones nearest to me will have them on the 18th.
---
#192 Posted: 00:17:27 01/08/2013
[User Posted Image]

Targets
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:20:24 01/08/2013 by SlayerX11
#193 Posted: 00:20:10 01/08/2013
Use the edit button.
---
JetVac96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1973
#194 Posted: 01:36:34 01/08/2013
Guess I'll be getting a Skylander on the Infinity release date! How odd is that? smilie
---
"Sucks to be you!" - Jet Vac
#195 Posted: 02:02:46 01/08/2013
Maybe it's Activision's plan. How do you compete with your competitor's launch? Simple, you send out massive amounts of your product, plus a new figure (for some of us), to put on the massive amount of space you bought, while said competitor didn't buy much retail space for their product.
---
#196 Posted: 02:23:47 01/08/2013

[User Posted Image]

Found it smilie
Edited the target one above too sorry for the double image, posting on my phone sucks.
#197 Posted: 03:43:20 01/08/2013
Good form. That should help people out. People can then call their local TRU's and see if the stores even have them, let along their DC's. Thanks.
---
#198 Posted: 03:49:29 01/08/2013
More of these are poping up on ebay guys, I would call your TRU and maybe even Target and ask. Seems some stores are letting them out earlier then planed.
#199 Posted: 03:54:18 01/08/2013
Unless Activision had a plan to steal some steam from Infinity, I don't see anyone other than TRU holding onto these for some event. I bet once Gamestop, Walmart, etc. get these, they will go out.

EDIT: I personally hope they release ALL Alter Egos like this, so those who missed out on Granite, Molten, Jade, and Polar can get these. It would also be awesome if - like Tree Rex was in the Wii bundle - Royal Double Trouble ended up getting his own single pack, and his inclusion in Battlegrounds was just a limited time bundle deal before going mass retail and by himself.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:56:05 01/08/2013 by GameMaster78
#200 Posted: 04:25:27 01/08/2013
Unless Activision had a plan to steal some steam from Infinity, I don't see anyone other than TRU holding onto these for some event. I bet once Gamestop, Walmart, etc. get these, they will go out.

EDIT: I personally hope they release ALL Alter Egos like this, so those who missed out on Granite, Molten, Jade, and Polar can get these. It would also be awesome if - like Tree Rex was in the Wii bundle - Royal Double Trouble ended up getting his own single pack, and his inclusion in Battlegrounds was just a limited time bundle deal before going mass retail and by himself.

At this point anything could be possible, seeing also that I believe Europe hasn't even gotten royal yet right?
First | Previous | Page 4 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me