darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night > Is It Worth Getting the Wii and/or DS Version?
Page 1 of 1
Is It Worth Getting the Wii and/or DS Version? [CLOSED]
Cassafrass1999 Green Sparx Gems: 258
#1 Posted: 22:16:45 17/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Even thought I already own the PS2 version (and have for many years), I was wondering if the Wii version would be worth getting. A couple questions that I have are:

1. How are the graphics? Are they better than the PS2 version, equal, or what?

2. Is the game portrayed in exactly the same way as the PS2 version of the game? (I am assuming so, but I thought I would ask).

3. Is it worth buying this game even though I already own it, but just for a different system?

And secondly, is the DS version of this game any good? I own ANB for DS, and it isn't bad (it's just ok...it gets kinda repetitive after a while. And it is pretty hard sometimes! Plus the graphics could have been better in my opinion.) But is the DS version of TEN any better? Would it be worth getting?

Thanks in advance! smilie
---
Check out my guestbook to see my collection of our 30+ Skylanders! smilie

I support all Spyros (although TLoS is my VERY fav.) smilie smilie smilie
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#2 Posted: 22:42:32 17/04/2013
I would honestly not recommend either version. The DS version is quite bad. It's much more buggy, lag-ridden, and repetitive than the DS version of A New Beginning. And the PS2 version is identical graphics-wise to the Wii version. The PS2's control if far better suited for the combat and changing breath attacks than the Wii Remote and Nunchuck combination. It's also better than using the Classic Controller. I think the PS2 may have some frame rate issues on occasion (mine did), but I think the PS2 version is better. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#3 Posted: 23:27:10 17/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Thank you for the feedback, HIR! You gave me a good idea of what those versions of the game are like...and I just thought of one more question: Would it be worth getting DotD for PS2, even thought we have it for Wii? I would like to know if the PS2 version would be better graphic, gameplay, etc. wise. And could some more people give me their opinions on whether to get TEN for Wii and/or DS? I just want to have some good opinions on the subject before I make my final decision on whether to get the games or not. Thank you! smilie
---

SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#4 Posted: 00:35:53 18/04/2013
Mmmm... I didn't like the DS version and the Wii version is almost the same thing as the PS2 one.

If you want my recommendation, I'll say:
The GBA Version is the BEST of the BEST!!! There's a lot of collectibles, the grafics aren't so bad (are quite good), the boss fights are tough, the story it's a bit different, it has difficult settings and other stuff.

I really like this version, it's actually the number 4 of my favorite Spyro games list, Really.
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
#5 Posted: 00:47:08 18/04/2013
Quote: Cassafrass1999
Thank you for the feedback, HIR! You gave me a good idea of what those versions of the game are like...and I just thought of one more question: Would it be worth getting DotD for PS2, even thought we have it for Wii? I would like to know if the PS2 version would be better graphic, gameplay, etc. wise. And could some more people give me their opinions on whether to get TEN for Wii and/or DS? I just want to have some good opinions on the subject before I make my final decision on whether to get the games or not. Thank you! :)

Dawn of the Dragon is pretty much the same on PS2 as it is for Wii. The difference is in the control schemes. It's far less frustrating because you don't need MOTION CONTROL. If you want a graphical upgrade and a better frame rate, you want the PS3 version. The 360 version is choppy from the footage I've seen. And I agree with SamXala, the GBA version is the best and most fun to play. <.<;
---
#6 Posted: 02:22:39 18/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Thank you both for the help! I really appreciate it. smilie Unfortunately SamXala I don't own a GBA (which is a Gameboy Advance, correct?), so I couldn't get that version of the game even if I wanted too. smilie And I don't own a 360 or PS3...only a PS1, PS2, Wii, and two DSi's (one for my sis and I). :/ Based on your posts, I think I may get the DS version one day, just because I am curious and because I love TLoS series so much! smilie And I probably won't end up getting the ETN for Wii or DotD for PS2. Thanks again guys, and if anyone else has anything to say then please let me know! smilie
---

#7 Posted: 16:35:15 19/04/2013
Oh Okay smilie
---
#8 Posted: 19:53:33 19/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Yup... smilie
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:54:07 19/04/2013 by Cassafrass1999
#9 Posted: 20:44:23 19/04/2013
If you had an old DS, you could play the GBA version. But DSi doesn't play GBA games, sadly. <.<;
---
#10 Posted: 23:42:08 19/04/2013
^True!!
---
#11 Posted: 18:27:54 20/04/2013 | Topic Creator
I know...I wish I had know that when I had gotten it... smilie But oh well. I really like my DSi. smilie
---

Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me