darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Everything we know about Skylanders: Swap Force (13/10/2013)
First | Previous | Page 7 of 204 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 202 203 204
Everything we know about Skylanders: Swap Force (13/10/2013) [STICKY] [CLOSED]
Kevinvert Gold Sparx Gems: 2146
#301 Posted: 02:57:14 07/02/2013
On my ipad adobe doesnt worl
---
Team Hot Dog!
Sunburn55 Blue Sparx Gems: 926
#302 Posted: 02:59:38 07/02/2013
Nope its working fine, just on DarkSpyro I can't see youtube videos.
It was working earlier today
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8044
#303 Posted: 03:05:48 07/02/2013
Quote: Sunburn55
I can't see any Youtube videos it just leaves a blank spot on posts, is it just me or is everyone?

Doesn't work for me either. smilie I'm on iPad.
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#304 Posted: 03:08:19 07/02/2013
On iPod, same for me... Weird worked earlier today?
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#305 Posted: 04:01:38 07/02/2013
Question: Has the been any confirmation that Ginats are being reposed as well as the new skylanders from giants?
SteelClaw Gold Sparx Gems: 2547
#306 Posted: 04:12:56 07/02/2013
No, the giants are not getting reposed.
FlowxEhtxEbirt Blue Sparx Gems: 817
#307 Posted: 04:19:38 07/02/2013
Quote: SteelClaw

You don't know that, there was no confirmation on whether they will or not.
---
Do you even pose?
Tributaryink9 Blue Sparx Gems: 762
#308 Posted: 04:35:21 07/02/2013
I may be the only one who said this but... thank you again bionicle for making this topic again.
---
Favorites: smilie smilie smilie smilie
skyoutube Green Sparx Gems: 497
#309 Posted: 04:35:47 07/02/2013
The Swap Force thing is impressive, but I think it'll go downhill when Game 4 comes out.
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#310 Posted: 04:53:51 07/02/2013
Quote: FlowxEhtxEbirt

The head of VV development gave a rundown of characters: 16 swaps, 16 new core, 8 lightcore, 16 returning favorites

There will be no giants in the distribution of figures this round, although smart money has good distributions of existing giants lasting until well after Christmas of nest year
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#311 Posted: 05:29:32 07/02/2013
Quote: ItsJustMe
Quote: FlowxEhtxEbirt

The head of VV development gave a rundown of characters: 16 swaps, 16 new core, 8 lightcore, 16 returning favorites

There will be no giants in the distribution of figures this round, although smart money has good distributions of existing giants lasting until well after Christmas of nest year

How does 16 returning favorites not have the possibility of including giants?
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
FlowxEhtxEbirt Blue Sparx Gems: 817
#312 Posted: 05:30:37 07/02/2013
[quote=[url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=73348&post=4034852]ItsJustMe[/url]][quote=[url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=73348&post=4034780]FlowxEhtxEbirt[/url]][quote=[url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=73348&post=4034763]SteelClaw[/url]]No, the giants are not getting reposed.[/quote]

You don't know that, there was no confirmation on whether they will or not.[/quote]

There will be no giants in the distribution of figures this round, although smart money has good distributions of existing giants lasting until well after Christmas of nest year[/quote]

Yes. I know what's been said. That's nothing to do with Giants being reposed though. Any of those "16 returning favorites" could mean a giant repose, I'm not saying it's deffinately going to happen, I'm just saying don't go ruling it out. There isn't anything wrong with some speculation, but just saying "No, it will not happen." isn't usually the best way to go.

Lol. Messed up the quoting thing somehow. :c That was weird, dunno how to fix it either.
---
Do you even pose?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:33:18 07/02/2013 by FlowxEhtxEbirt
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#313 Posted: 05:30:42 07/02/2013
Quote: skyoutube
The Swap Force thing is impressive, but I think it'll go downhill when Game 4 comes out.

and i base this on absolutely nothing
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#314 Posted: 06:11:25 07/02/2013
^ Yes, a while ago. They were talking about the domain names that revealed one of the names 'Swap Force'.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#315 Posted: 12:46:44 07/02/2013
Quote: Sunburn55
I can't see any Youtube videos it just leaves a blank spot on posts, is it just me or is everyone?

This is happening to me aswell.
Sunburn55 Blue Sparx Gems: 926
#316 Posted: 12:49:03 07/02/2013
Its working for me now
0_0 Ripto Gems: 11
#317 Posted: 17:22:42 07/02/2013
will the jumping be different for different characters? like giants jump lower than regulars?
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#318 Posted: 17:56:16 07/02/2013
Thanks for the folks at Crash Mania Forums for pointing this out, there's a fun interview on Joystiq to break up the tension that seems to be coming round a bit. Doesn't really confirm much new, it's more about the current position of TFB and VV. Both are now dedicated exclusively to Skylanders(which means Crash's redesign poster is moot- thanks for crushing another childhood desire Activision), and want to keep "Skylanders magic" going by adding new developments software and toy wise with each iteration. Also, no Portal Owners' for SF, I have no idea if that was confirmed yet besides extremely logical deduction.

http://m.joystiq.com/2013/02/0...ual-skylanders/
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#319 Posted: 18:31:44 07/02/2013
I question though what the original purpose of that Crash poster was. A planned game that was scrapped? Something created just for fun? It was apparently important enough for them to pull it from the internet after publishing it, so....dare I say we could see Crash being included in the lineup for the Core Skylanders in Swap Force?

With about 14 characters left to reveal for the Core figures, anything is possible right? Having Crash included would be something you whip out to generate a ton of hype..something like that would be perfect to show off at E3.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#320 Posted: 18:43:55 07/02/2013
crash? what the heck even IS crash? and skylanders deserves to have totally new characters every game, not ones from other games. >.>;
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#321 Posted: 18:44:30 07/02/2013
At the same time it would make crash fans hate skylanders. Just like many spyro fans do now. They would have to make him perfect. Not boring like they did spyro but not overpowered either. I think they should keep the skylanders brand unique. Move away from the obvious cheap move of bringing spyro in to begin with and keep making brand new characters.

On that note, I'll bet they keep pushing gill grunt. He's a murloc. Essentially the mascot of acti's (arguably) biggest domain (WoW/Blizzard). I'd love to get a battle pet in WoW of stealth elf or somebody. I'd pay real money for that lol
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
#322 Posted: 18:46:06 07/02/2013
Quote: ThePunchPopFizz
At the same time it would make crash fans hate skylanders. Just like many spyro fans do now. They would have to make him perfect. Not boring like they did spyro but not overpowered either. I think they should keep the skylanders brand unique. Move away from the obvious cheap move of bringing spyro in to begin with and keep making brand new characters.

On that note, I'll bet they keep pushing gill grunt. He's a murloc. Essentially the mascot of acti's (arguably) biggest domain (WoW/Blizzard). I'd love to get a battle pet in WoW of stealth elf or somebody. I'd pay real money for that lol

Cozmo Blue Sparx Gems: 770
#323 Posted: 19:26:57 07/02/2013
I wonder how many leg related abilities there will be. Right now we know of the ladder for climbing, the arrow for speed, the rocket for charging. will there be more? maybe 8 different ones?
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#324 Posted: 20:15:25 07/02/2013
Quote: 0_0
crash? what the heck even IS crash? and skylanders deserves to have totally new characters every game, not ones from other games. >.>;

smilie

He's a BANDICOOT. One of the most popular Playstation 1 series of games.

EDIT: Here is the official website for Swap Force:
http://www.skylanders.com/swapforce
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:28:24 07/02/2013 by Matteomax
buzz Blue Sparx Gems: 901
#325 Posted: 20:38:53 07/02/2013
Swapping and magnet power (strong suckers!) in action:

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/...-Strength/12029
#326 Posted: 20:46:47 07/02/2013
Quote: Matteomax
Quote: 0_0

>:(

He's a BANDICOOT. One of the most popular Playstation 1 series of games.

EDIT: Here is the official website for Swap Force:
http://www.skylanders.com/swapforce

this dude?
[User Posted Image]
#327 Posted: 20:58:53 07/02/2013
^ Without the warped stomach. That's the recent version of him.
---
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#328 Posted: 21:27:40 07/02/2013
^lol fatCrash
---
THE END IS NEAR
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#329 Posted: 21:39:21 07/02/2013
Ummmm.... the magnets look REAL strong. Has anyone mentioned a concern about kids leaving these on their computers or game systems and erasing their hard drives. Magnets have always been able to do some serious damage to electronic equipment and I have not heard a word of this possibility or concern yet.
#330 Posted: 21:48:17 07/02/2013
^ THIS! I had my DS get wiped once when I was young..
---
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#331 Posted: 21:48:50 07/02/2013
Quote: ItsJustMe
Ummmm.... the magnets look REAL strong. Has anyone mentioned a concern about kids leaving these on their computers or game systems and erasing their hard drives. Magnets have always been able to do some serious damage to electronic equipment and I have not heard a word of this possibility or concern yet.

That's a great point and VV/Acti would do well to place warnings on the packaging to alert parents and kids.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
#332 Posted: 21:51:03 07/02/2013
Quote: nitendofan92
^lol fatCrash

photoshop is my fav. smilie
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#333 Posted: 22:09:52 07/02/2013
Thanks for the link on the magnet strength, I was worried about that. The promo video made it look like they just lifted right off, which you know would be an issue later having one fall apart in the middle of playing. Strong magnets can be an issue concerning electronics, but they use magnets in lots of kids toys so this is nothing new.

Something I noticed in one video was it looks like it is actually two magnets and they force it to face the right way through the polarity on the magnets. I was under the impression the top and bottom half would have an RFID chip, and wondered if the magnet in the middle would interfere - but, I'm leaning now that the magnets are actually a direct connection from the top to the bottom, with the RFID only in the base and a flash chip in both parts to save data and they communicate through the metal magnet connectors. One thing it does make me wonder about is how susceptible the flash chips will be to the strong magnets in close proximity - but I'm sure they have thought of that, it is an obvious potential issue and have shielded them somehow.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#334 Posted: 22:27:44 07/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: buzz

...Last I checked all magnets are like that. If you take two magnets and stick them together, they're pretty damn hard to separate without holding both parts. Did they really just make an article about the strength of average household magnets?
#335 Posted: 22:39:22 07/02/2013
Quote: bionicle2809

...Last I checked all magnets are like that. If you take two magnets and stick them together, they're pretty damn hard to separate without holding both parts. Did they really just make an article about the strength of average household magnets?

It really depends on the magnet strength. For example, I have a charger for my Wii Remotes that uses a magnet to hold the controller in place, but it is pretty weak. No way you could pick up the charger (which isn't heavy) by a controller. As a kid I had a small 3x3 inch square magnet from a speaker my Dad gave me and you could pick up a heavy toolbox with it. This is a legitimate question on how well they would hold together - kids aren't gentle with toys.
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#336 Posted: 22:45:17 07/02/2013
This game has an interesting concept and I really like Stink Bomb. The only problem that I'm thinking about is if the game is going to be even shorter than the others. The more characters they add and allow to return, the less game data there will be for level structure and gameplay. The last one, Giants, was really short and I'm hoping that this one wont suffer the same fate smilie.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
#337 Posted: 22:46:33 07/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: defpally

It really depends on the magnet strength. For example, I have a charger for my Wii Remotes that uses a magnet to hold the controller in place, but it is pretty weak. No way you could pick up the charger (which isn't heavy) by a controller. As a kid I had a small 3x3 inch square magnet from a speaker my Dad gave me and you could pick up a heavy toolbox with it. This is a legitimate question on how well they would hold together - kids aren't gentle with toys.

Magnets on metal isn't too strong. Magnets on magnets are always very strong - that's how the Swap Force characters work - they didn't really need to make a fuss about it.
#338 Posted: 22:50:10 07/02/2013
Magnets on metal isn't too strong. Magnets on magnets are always very strong - that's how the Swap Force characters work - they didn't really need to make a fuss about it.

No, not really a fuss, but question asked and answered early. We weren't sure if it was magnet on metal or magnet on magnet either. In fact, according to the post, they couldn't even really show how it connected directly.
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#339 Posted: 23:33:08 07/02/2013
Quote: OpalOsprey
This game has an interesting concept and I really like Stink Bomb. The only problem that I'm thinking about is if the game is going to be even shorter than the others. The more characters they add and allow to return, the less game data there will be for level structure and gameplay. The last one, Giants, was really short and I'm hoping that this one wont suffer the same fate smilie.

But Giants was for one year in development and Swap Force since two (?) years.
I think Swap Force is not to short like Giants because Giants has a development of one year. The most things in Giants was recycle from Spyro's Adventure. Swap Force looks really "new", with great new features.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Tributaryink9 Blue Sparx Gems: 762
#340 Posted: 23:45:25 07/02/2013
Swap force looks soooo much better graphic wise. I agree with aura, it looks like a new game altogether.
---
Favorites: smilie smilie smilie smilie
#341 Posted: 23:46:13 07/02/2013
Quote: XSparxX
Quote: OpalOsprey

But Giants was for one year in development and Swap Force since two (?) years.
I think Swap Force is not to short like Giants because Giants has a development of one year. The most things in Giants was recycle from Spyro's Adventure. Swap Force looks really "new", with great new features.

^ Great, I hope so =)!
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:46:52 07/02/2013 by OpalOsprey
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#342 Posted: 23:54:50 07/02/2013
Quote: Tributaryink9
Swap force looks soooo much better graphic wise. I agree with aura, it looks like a new game altogether.

It's like the game graphics difference between TEN and DotD.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#343 Posted: 00:08:30 08/02/2013
^ True, and it will be amazing on the Wii U. I really like the graphic-style that the Wii U has because it's nicely detailed and can look realistic with the graphics still remaining colorful and vibrant.
---

Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#344 Posted: 00:28:23 08/02/2013
I've been wondering how will the swap force characters do upgrades?
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#345 Posted: 00:29:20 08/02/2013
Quote: Aura24
Quote: Tributaryink9

It's like the game graphics difference between TEN and DotD.

When you talking about DotD HD then yes, but DotD Ps2/Wii looks worser as TEN. :/
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#346 Posted: 00:30:11 08/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Kiroq
I've been wondering how will the swap force characters do upgrades?

Both top and bottom halves will have upgrades and will be saved on their respective parts. So, upgrades for Wash Buckers tentacle attacks will be saved on his base but upgrades for his cutlass/gun attack will be saved on the top half.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:31:02 08/02/2013 by bionicle2809
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#347 Posted: 00:31:46 08/02/2013
That's not how I meant, what about upgrade paths?
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#348 Posted: 00:44:00 08/02/2013
Quote: Kiroq
That's not how I meant, what about upgrade paths?

Well, since we're upgrading each thing individually I'd imagine that we'll be able to get both paths now on Swap Force characters since traditionally the paths upgrade one thing or the other on a character.

I'd kind of hope though that there's not 2 paths for each half...that'd result in even more combos. I mean, it's cool to have a lot of customization but...is there a threshold where it actually becomes too much? haha
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
First | Previous | Page 7 of 204 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 202 203 204

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me