Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Need opinions on my gameplay [CLOSED]
Skylark56 Blue Sparx Gems: 610
#1 Posted: 18:01:59 23/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Hi there, I recently posted some gameplay footage w/commentary for Spyro: Year Of The Dragon, Its been my favourite game for about 10 years and I still enjoy it, you can check out the first video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_J5C576FJE , I just wanted your opinions and if I should carry on making them. Was also curious if any of you still play Spyro? smilie
---
Finding Something New About Spyro Everyday!
Crivtox Red Sparx Gems: 93
#2 Posted: 20:18:54 23/01/2013
Watched the first episode of the gameplay, and I really liked it! The only real complaint I have is that the in-game sound is way too low, you can't hear anything. (And maybe it was kind of slow, but I don't blame you, playing without a controller is REALLY awkward and I'm used to just charge everywhere.) Other than that, it's really fun to watch and you should definitely carry on.
About the second question, of course. In fact I'm playing through Firework Factory right now.
Side question: Are you planning to get 100%?
---
"You can't just write a sentence between air quotes and expect everyone to believe that a famous person said it." - Isaac Newton.
#3 Posted: 17:21:18 24/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks for your opinion, it means alot, yeah my screen recorder does support In-Game sound and Microphone, ill have to sort that out when i fight Buzz. I owned the game on PS1 and never completed it, i got to the second level in the SuperBonusWorld, but it was too hard for me to complete, but this time i'm gonna try and 100% it.
---
Wojowu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1415
#4 Posted: 19:11:40 24/01/2013
You have nice voice and nice commentary. I like your series, I'm going to sub you :3 But a quick advice - don't link to Spyro ISO in description. This is piracy and is illegal by copyrights, so you may have problems with this once. If someone reports that - you gonna have a bad time smilie
---
Any Osu fan here?
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#5 Posted: 21:26:52 24/01/2013
Quote: Wojowu
You have nice voice and nice commentary. I like your series, I'm going to sub you :3 But a quick advice - don't link to Spyro ISO in description. This is piracy and is illegal by copyrights, so you may have problems with this once. If someone reports that - you gonna have a bad time smilie

This. Except the sub, as I sub nobody. -'.'-
---
BREATHE AIR.
#6 Posted: 21:35:04 24/01/2013 | Topic Creator
I do mention at the end of every single one of my videos that you have to own a physical copy of the game to download it, but thanks for the head up I will remove it for here on forth. Thanks guys, i need that constructive criticism smilie
---
#7 Posted: 21:56:40 24/01/2013
Quote: Skylark56
I do mention at the end of every single one of my videos that you have to own a physical copy of the game to download it, but thanks for the head up I will remove it for here on forth. Thanks guys, i need that constructive criticism smilie

Having legal copy doesn't imply that downloading this isn't piracy.Even giving links to such sites can be considered spreading illegal files. If you have original copy, you can create your own ISO with several programs.
But back to your videos, I hope you will some day find way to remove black spaces around videos. They don't really annoy me, but it's better without them
---
Any Osu fan here?
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#8 Posted: 23:06:43 24/01/2013
Yeah, I'm gonna recommend you take anything ROM-related off your channel ASAP. First off, it's not legal, it is piracy. And second (but less important), that would technically mean that, by posting your videos here, you're offering illegal downloads to people, which we don't allow under any circumstances. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#9 Posted: 23:11:14 24/01/2013
Quote: HIR
Yeah, I'm gonna recommend you take anything ROM-related off your channel ASAP. First off, it's not legal, it is piracy. And second (but less important), that would technically mean that, by posting your videos here, you're offering illegal downloads to people, which we don't allow under any circumstances. <.<;

Because we TOTALLY don't want the company which owns Spyro to lose any money, right?
Just kidding. I'm not completely aware of where the limit is when it comes to ROMs... I mean, download pages do exist, and they haven't been shut down for a reason, right? (I know the link in the video description IS illegal, I'm just curious about it.)
---
"You can't just write a sentence between air quotes and expect everyone to believe that a famous person said it." - Isaac Newton.
#10 Posted: 00:34:50 25/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Kk guys, i removed the link as soon as Wojowu brought it up, ive never had any knowledge that it was illegal (seeing as the PS1 is now discontinued), i apologize guys and it wont happen again. smilie
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#11 Posted: 09:07:20 25/01/2013
Hi there, I recently posted some gameplay footage w/commentary for Spyro: Year Of The Dragon, Its been my favourite game for about 10 years and I still enjoy it, you can check out the first video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_J5C576FJE , I just wanted your opinions and if I should carry on making them. Was also curious if any of you still play Spyro? smilie

Yeah, you're pretty good. I tried doing this before, but I epically failed at it, and just gave in; my commentary is rubbish, I'll subscribe to you, and yes, I still play Spyro, his floating eyebrows in Spyro 3 make me laugh. The older Spyro games are definitely unique, and funny to watch.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#12 Posted: 15:55:46 25/01/2013
I like it, I think I'm going to watch your videos if I have some free time in my Computer ^-^
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
#13 Posted: 17:09:13 25/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Cheers guys for the support, episode 6 is up now and Part 7 with Buzz's Dungeon is up tommorow, then im gonna try and do the Midday Garden levels, and I have incorporated in-game sound aswell, but need to switch to headphones as the sound is echoing.

<There it is btw smilie

^Part 7 is up now, sorry for the echo, because of my speakers aswell as in-game sound, will sort that. smilie
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:29:19 26/01/2013 by JCW555
#14 Posted: 12:01:41 27/01/2013
It's not bad considering that you're playing it on the keyboard, which must be frustrating. I just don't like the music at the very end of your videos, I was expecting to hear a Spyro track at the end, instead of some random music, that I don't even like, no offence, but it's like listening to a washing machine.
---
#15 Posted: 13:44:03 27/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Sorry, im a very avid Dubstep fan. I might change it to the Midnight Mountain music, that's a very calming and nice track smilie
---
#16 Posted: 15:38:48 27/01/2013 | Topic Creator

Added in-game sound as requested, removed the echo, still need to change the Outro music to the Midnight Mountain music and ISO link has been removed from all videos smilie Enjoy
---
#17 Posted: 20:24:40 29/01/2013

Added in-game sound as requested, removed the echo, still need to change the Outro music to the Midnight Mountain music and ISO link has been removed from all videos smilie Enjoy

Cool, I take it that it's supposed to be a "cartoonized" version of yourself next to Spyro in the video there? smilie
It makes much more sense to have a soundtrack that goes with the game then some random music that doesn't go with it at all.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:25:33 29/01/2013 by SuperSpyroFan
#18 Posted: 23:16:46 29/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Yeah it is, except im much sexier smilie and without the 'cigarette'...its a toothpick. Also, yeah i suppose your right, i've added the Midnight Mountain music now smilie much more smooth and less Dubsteppy now smilie
---
#19 Posted: 23:28:58 29/01/2013
Yeah it is, except im much sexier smilie and without the 'cigarette'...its a toothpick. Also, yeah i suppose your right, i've added the Midnight Mountain music now smilie much more smooth and less Dubsteppy now smilie

Oh yes of course you are /sarcasm/
At least you don't smoke, it's a nasty habit.
Fair enough, I think it just makes more sense.
---
#20 Posted: 16:56:41 30/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Okay thanks smilie, sorry about no vids yesterday or today, had rugby training, but Part 10 will be up tommorow smilie
---
#21 Posted: 08:19:35 01/02/2013
Okay thanks smilie, sorry about no vids yesterday or today, had rugby training, but Part 10 will be up tommorow smilie

Well I've been quite busy myself, and I think I've only seen up to part three or four, I really need to catch up.
---
#22 Posted: 16:13:43 01/02/2013 | Topic Creator
smilie LOL, ive had to skip Icy Peak, as the recording corrupted. So Part 10.5 will be up either tommorow or Sunday, with Sgt. Byrds Base smilie
---
#23 Posted: 16:34:38 01/02/2013
smilie LOL, ive had to skip Icy Peak, as the recording corrupted. So Part 10.5 will be up either tommorow or Sunday, with Sgt. Byrds Base smilie

Did you enter any sub-levels during then? Icy Peak has one of my favourite bonus levels in game smilie Anyway, waiting for your next upload
---
Any Osu fan here?
#24 Posted: 18:26:43 01/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Luckily, no I didnt smilie will go to them in a later episode smilie, thanks for reminding me smilie
---
#25 Posted: 19:28:21 01/02/2013 | Topic Creator

Tommorow is now smilie lol
---
#26 Posted: 14:48:14 03/02/2013 | Topic Creator

Part 11 is up now, what do you think of the series so far? as i approach Spike's Arena. Im enjoying it smilie just because of the Nostalgia and lolz smilie
---
#27 Posted: 18:59:17 03/02/2013
Dang, your series is great! Keep going!
---
BREATHE AIR.
#28 Posted: 19:01:09 03/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I might....the problem is my recording keep messing up, they're either slower than when i recorded them or the dimensions box is in the wrong place, when it clearly isnt...its made me have to skip Bamboo Terrace...
---
#29 Posted: 19:15:53 03/02/2013
Oh well, problems can be traversed. Do as you must, but just know I'm a raving fan. smilie I've never seen such an active commentary/playthrough for any Spyro game, which was disappointing until I found this.
---
BREATHE AIR.
#30 Posted: 20:06:40 03/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks man smilie, It was just the Screen Recorder's laggy Player, got it working now smilie, tryna get it in HD now, I traveled back to Bamboo Terrace to do the mini-quests, got 2 eggs smilie to make up for the corrupted last recording before i go to Spike's Arena.
---
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7699
#31 Posted: 20:16:54 03/02/2013
I subscribed smilie
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#32 Posted: 20:52:12 03/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks all you guys for your support, expect Gateway To Glimmer/Ripto's Rage after i've finished Year Of The Dragon....or Pokemon Emerald :3, or maybe both smilie
---
#33 Posted: 22:12:55 06/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Im getting a gamepad this weekend, so Spike's Arena wont be until then smilie I've not disappeared smilie
---
#34 Posted: 22:16:45 06/02/2013
Im getting a gamepad this weekend, so Spike's Arena wont be until then smilie I've not disappeared smilie

Use the "Edit" button to edit your previous post instead of double-posting.

By the way, I've watched up to the part before you take on Buzz, I found it funny that you couldn't be arsed to complete the levels 100%, I used to be like that when I was younger. I was also wondering one time if I could be a co-commentator if you wouldn't mind, as I'm thinking of trying to create a walkthrough myself, I just want to get a bit of practice in, I still might not do it though. We could talk everything Spyro, and trust me, I have a big obsession over "classic" Spyro. It's up to you though, it doesn't hurt to ask.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:19:12 06/02/2013 by SuperSpyroFan
#35 Posted: 23:06:59 06/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Dude, im 100%'ing them later, and yeah sure sounds great smilie, I'm not getting a gamepad now tho, just use my ps3 remote. smilie I've been playing Spyro for 10 years smilie
---
#36 Posted: 08:42:26 07/02/2013
Dude, im 100%'ing them later, and yeah sure sounds great smilie, I'm not getting a gamepad now tho, just use my ps3 remote. smilie I've been playing Spyro for 10 years smilie

Fair enough, so you're basically generally going through as many levels as you can, and then you'll go back to them later, I think you get up to 117% game completion, which I think is weird, why doesn't it just add up to 100%? It does in Gateway to Glimmer. I didn't even know you could use your PS3 remote on the computer, lol. When I recorded way back, a couple of years ago, I recorded it from the TV using an easycap device, so I can then use my PlayStation and it's controller. Only problem was that I kept getting audio issues where the game sound was never being recorded, I just gave up on it in the end. I think I've been playing Spyro between fifteen to thirteen years. Well, if you'd like me to co-commentate with you in the future, let me know some time, as I have Skype, and a microphone, so we could try it that way, I did this method with another user on YouTube who did a let's play of Spyro 1. Mind you, he let me co-commentate on more than one video, but to be honest, it kind of bored me a bit, I think one or two videos would be enough, I know I'm not that great commentating on my own, I just want to see what it's like again first, and I might try a let's play myself again. Maybe then, you could be a co-commentator on my video too? I'm not sure if you're allowed Skype. I know quite a bit about the earlier games, so as you play I could give you hints?

By the way, I've watched up to your latest part which is Bamboo Terrace, it's a shame your computer is being a douchebag by corrupting your files, I remember when my laptop did that to me a few times too, and that was another reason why I gave it up.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:44:29 07/02/2013 by SuperSpyroFan
#37 Posted: 14:43:21 07/02/2013
^ 117% completion is due to Super Bonus World. All levels expect that (and egg from Moneybags, but this is making only tiny difference) sum up to 100%. 117% come from additional 5000 gems and 2 eggs.
I could theoretically co-commentate too, but my English isn't too well, I have problems with pronunciation. I could talk, but I don't think anyone will understand everything smilie
---
Any Osu fan here?
#38 Posted: 17:10:03 07/02/2013
^ 117% completion is due to Super Bonus World. All levels expect that (and egg from Moneybags, but this is making only tiny difference) sum up to 100%. 117% come from additional 5000 gems and 2 eggs.
I could theoretically co-commentate too, but my English isn't too well, I have problems with pronunciation. I could talk, but I don't think anyone will understand everything smilie

Same for me. I was also thinking about recording a gameplay of Spyro 2, but most likely in Spanish, since my English pronunciation is not that good.
Also, if I remember correctly, the bonus world in Spyro 1 also gives you more than 100%, right?
---
#39 Posted: 20:52:29 07/02/2013 | Topic Creator
more than 100%? dont see that in modern games these days xD
---
#40 Posted: 07:31:29 08/02/2013

Yes, but in Gateway to Glimmer it only counts up to 100%, and there's still a bonus level at the end which is Dragon Shores, and the percentage does not go up after completing it, I find it weird. I suppose it's because you're not collecting any gems, or eggs in that level like in Gnasty's Loot and the Super Bonus World. I think it should have went up at least 5% after beating Dragon Shores, to give you a bit more of an achievement, but then again, there's that infinite superflame power up in that, and went you make Spyro go into it, he'll have an infinite supply of superflame, even when you start a new game on another file, as long as you have saved it afterwards.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:33:27 08/02/2013 by SuperSpyroFan
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#41 Posted: 14:31:13 08/02/2013
^ I love that, ever tried fighting Gulp with the power-up?
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#42 Posted: 15:30:06 08/02/2013
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Yes, but in Gateway to Glimmer it only counts up to 100%, and there's still a bonus level at the end which is Dragon Shores, and the percentage does not go up after completing it, I find it weird.

I was thinking about that a lot when I finished GtG. But there is something that made me think about really A LOT: when you finish Gnasty's Loot in StD you have 14000/12000 gems, which is ~116%. You still have only 100% of dragons and dragon eggs, so average is ~106%. But you still get 120% after finishing it smilie

Quote: kardonis
^ I love that, ever tried fighting Gulp with the power-up?

I know you weren't asking me, but guess what is only way I can get "Perfect" skill point in Gulp's Overlook.
Of course using permament superflame. I hope you are clever enough to guess it before reading it smilie
---
Any Osu fan here?
#43 Posted: 15:55:36 08/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Ermmmm....sorry for being a killjoy, but isn't ^that for the Gateway To Glimmer thread?
---
#44 Posted: 16:15:03 08/02/2013
sorry....
---
#45 Posted: 16:23:03 08/02/2013
Ermmmm....sorry for being a killjoy, but isn't ^that for the Gateway To Glimmer thread?

I'm sorry too. You are sort of new to DarkSpyro, so you probably don't know such conversations escalate in wrong sections every now and then. If you want us to talk about what we should, then better quickly get your gamepad and record Spike's Arena smilie
---
Any Osu fan here?
#46 Posted: 16:36:37 08/02/2013
spike's arena..... brings back bad memories.....

mainly of my life counter going 22, 20, 18, 11, 7, 3...
---
#47 Posted: 22:30:51 08/02/2013

I personally drift from the other Spyro games now and then, as long as you're talking about the same subject, then you're fine, there is a bit of leniency on this site.
---
#48 Posted: 09:28:38 09/02/2013 | Topic Creator
smilie sorry, im always a killjoy :L, and yeah should record Spike's Arena sometime today or tommorow, got a gamepad and set it up with XPadder, so im all set smilie I found Spike's Arena to be the hardest boss...
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me