Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 508 of 520 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 506 507 508 509 510 ... 518 519 520
Random Thought Topic [STICKY]
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2336
#25351 Posted: 19:48:57 13/12/2022
the only thing imma add to this conversation is the video game development is a toxic wasteland especially to women and female representation in most if not all media sucks very badly and will continue to because people can only copy paste so-called strong female lead and say THERE its feminist now and thank you
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#25352 Posted: 00:19:15 14/12/2022
also it looks like foot ball/soccer wont end with a repeat of last year after all stil would be great if france could get to the final tho
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#25353 Posted: 00:45:18 14/12/2022
Revisionist history when people are saying that loot boxes were good. Loot boxes encouraged gambling and became illegal in a few countries because people spent so much money on slot machines. The main point that was said was that it was free so therefore it is better than bps. Sure loot boxes were free and you could technically get every skin for free. but don't forget the fact that after 6 years of loot boxes eventually you're gonna be loaded with skins and dopes. However when overwatch first launched blizzard made a billion dollars in loot box sales because the system uses fomo as the major selling point. So while it was free. People were spending a bunch of money on the game.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/i...sh=171766fb2adf
Plus like there's a lot of articles like this from 2016 lol
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#25354 Posted: 01:36:44 14/12/2022
^this post started off so intense it took me a minute to realize we were just talking about a video game.
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3900
#25355 Posted: 22:37:13 14/12/2022
i CANNOT wait to go home and play video game
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#25356 Posted: 00:20:19 15/12/2022
france to the final lets see how they do……………………… also i know that no one here is gonna have ANY clue probably who i am talking about but a dancer i really liked unfortunately just passed away his name he went by was “twitch” not to be confused with the neckbeard incel video game streaming platform because he was way cooler then that place and in all seriousness im super bummed about it man he was or seemed to be a real cool guy
---
#25357 Posted: 23:36:12 15/12/2022
i did not play video game boohoo
---
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#25358 Posted: 23:59:50 15/12/2022
i took my vtne today and i passed. i thought i failed for sure. i can't believe i made it this far when i was so close to giving up last year. i just have to apply for my license and ill be a licensed veterinary technician. wild bro im shook
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
#25359 Posted: 01:37:32 16/12/2022
^congratulations you did it..........................................!!!! FOR REAL!
---
#25360 Posted: 03:40:03 16/12/2022
Quote: LeewweewoowheeH
^congratulations you did it..........................................!!!! FOR REAL!

Thank U it dont feel real especially after having no faith in myself my whole life. its kind of sad but like i actually accomplished something smilie
---
#25361 Posted: 04:57:27 16/12/2022
^you definitely did and a lot of people dont get that far and you achieving something you really wanted to do even despite your own self thoughts is like a super awesome thing for real
---
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#25362 Posted: 12:09:27 16/12/2022
Congrats thunderdragon! Sometimes your acomplishments won't feel real, but if you're holding that passing mark, then enjoy the victory!
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#25363 Posted: 22:03:38 16/12/2022
even if France loses im still just happy they got there
---
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12096
#25364 Posted: 11:55:20 17/12/2022
[User Posted Image]

Cave-sama
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2364
#25365 Posted: 19:21:37 19/12/2022
Not posting much because all my mobos are dead and I need to find another late 2000's office pc to harvest.
derpyhooves Platinum Sparx Gems: 5698
#25366 Posted: 21:06:49 19/12/2022
eight more days until I see the bestie!! ouo

saw her in july and STILL miss her like we haven't seen each other in years
#25367 Posted: 14:48:55 20/12/2022
my cat decided my new chair is hers now...
---
#25368 Posted: 19:04:38 20/12/2022
Ngl Jenna Ortega is another one of those celebrities who look 15-17 to me
#25369 Posted: 19:34:50 20/12/2022
I swear, some people spend so much time on the internet they forget other people have lives off of social media.
---
#25370 Posted: 23:29:00 20/12/2022
Watched Cyberpunk Edgerunners
wow this anime is really special. It's crazy how relatable of a character David is because he represents people with parents who sacrifice their lives for their kids but don't have enough time to spend with them. The first few episodes set up David to be joining an adventure where you can truly be free from a boring corporate lifestyle that we all strive for.

However reality hits you and him as you see one of the characterd get offer by some random homeless character. This hobo isn't even a character. It's just some nobody. You don't get a name, backstory, etc. In fact every death besides the Loli (even then it's just some ****ty low level boss lol) are from nobodies. And that's what makes it even more devastating. In night city you are a nobody. Nobody is the legend they chase to become. When the doctor dude said something about David becoming the next legend for people to look after it shows how many people chase dreams just for them to be told as stories. Like all those stories from your parents about them wanting to become musicians and actors but couldn't because they weren't able to chase their dreams.

Watching David's decent into addiction is quite saddening. Watching him go from a scared and anxious kid to this butt monstrous Mecha gorilla slowly losing his humanity because of cyber enhancemens makes you feel uncomfortable. David's whole thing is about how he feels special and how he is special. However again, nobody on night city is special but want to be. We all think like david. We all want to be unique and special by focusing on skills that we have that different from peers such as sports, intelligence, etc. But when other people who you never met have that same skill as you do or do it even better. Are you really all that special?

Also in the game cyber psychosis isn't even real. It's just a term coined by corpos to explain how people go mad from cyber enhancements. But really it's just a form of PTSD from pain, stress, and trauma. very similar to how America explained PTSD from war back then with them coining the word shell shock. The america government also tried hiding it by executing people but uh.....

Lucy is a great character too and love interest. Her character changes pretty much from mysterious wild hot emo goth mommy to soft spoken mysterious hot goth mommy as she gets more comfortable with David. Lucy even gets cyber enhancements like david. But instead of being a jacked robo gorilla she becomes more of a sex doll. Her cyber enhancements are mostly sexual with her nipples and lady parts looking more artificial and robotic. She becomes the ideal body and the definition of sex appeal. Because if you had unlimited money to change your appearance, most people would either be jacked or sexy.

When David dies and Lucy sees visions of him in space she doesn't see David as he died which was a chest and head inside a power suit. But instead she goes back to when they first met and hanged out together. Back when she first picked up David to see the moon together. She still sees David as an anxious and scared kid ready to see the world. While everyone else will see David as this jacked as fudge monster Edgerunners. Both are true. But neither are what fully represent David.
#25371 Posted: 00:40:52 21/12/2022
Quote: somePerson
Lucy is a great character too and love interest. Her character changes pretty much from mysterious wild hot emo goth mommy to soft spoken mysterious hot goth mommy as she gets more comfortable with David. Lucy even gets cyber enhancements like david. But instead of being a jacked robo gorilla she becomes more of a sex doll. Her cyber enhancements are mostly sexual with her nipples and lady parts looking more artificial and robotic. She becomes the ideal body and the definition of sex appeal. Because if you had unlimited money to change your appearance, most people would either be jacked or sexy.

I don’t think I have ever been so turned off to a character by a positive review before.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:41:02 21/12/2022 by YesterdayFemmey
#25372 Posted: 02:28:30 21/12/2022
thinking about night in the woods again ahaha
---
#25373 Posted: 05:27:23 21/12/2022
Quote: YesterdayFemmey

I don’t think I have ever been so turned off to a character by a positive review before.

I don’t think I have ever been so turned on to a character by a positive review before.
#25374 Posted: 20:55:30 21/12/2022
Quote: skylandersfan60
Quote: YesterdayFemmey

I don’t think I have ever been so turned on to a character by a positive review before.

---
#25375 Posted: 22:16:57 21/12/2022
More goth mommys for me.
#25376 Posted: 02:57:23 22/12/2022
It's so annoying seeing people say concept art will be replaced by AI. 90% of concept art is just photobashing stock images in half an hour, why would you use AI. There's this perception that concept art is just drawing pretty landscape images but that's not it at all.
#25377 Posted: 05:57:03 22/12/2022
Honestly might just be because I think technology is cool but is ai art killing art just fear mongering?
#25378 Posted: 14:24:08 22/12/2022
i mean from my perspective its dangerous for artists. gives companies an excuse to pay them even less (nothing bc they wont be hiring them)
---
#25379 Posted: 21:23:02 22/12/2022
Bit rambley but-

I think in terms of killing art as a career, it's definitely fear mongering, but I can see it affecting more entry level jobs. I think AI art will mainly be used for indie/smaller projects i.e like how DAZ3D is used, I can also see it being used for huge open world games or mmos too for misc assets. However one big hurdle is the matter of copyright, monetizing AI art could be a problem in the future. If someone were to make something offensive with a Disney IP for example that was trained off of their content, that could lead to corpos cracking down on it. It's very difficult to copyright AI art as it already is.

There's also the matter of why, why would you as a company use AI art when a good professional artist can create the image you want in a limited time. Again, concept art/illustration are already based heavily on photo manipulation, in the time it takes to generate a good image and clean it up you could already have thrown together many, many images in photoshop. Tech bros will tell you it will get faster soon, but it needs waaaaay more time to get to the speed of an actual artist. Currently, generating a good image will take you hours/days, the technology is still very much in it's infancy. What is way more useful and has way more potential is feeding the AI a wip and letting it complete it, I could see that being a good tool to speed things up under a tight deadline, but with fully generated images?, I'm extremely skeptical.

Now looking at the art community side of things, freelancing is already based more on brand imo. The reason artists like Miles-df can make 5000 usd on a single art piece isn't because he's an art god, it's because it's cool to have an image from Miles-df. Already you need to be good at marketing yourself to make a decent amount of money off of art, there's also a huge focus on style in more indie art communities. AI art obviously lacks both of these things, a computer can't make funny relatable tweets and xd meme art. I also think people will be biased against AI images, people who commision art are already pretty niche and are often other artists or heavily involved in the community, they aren't going to pay someone using a computer to generate something kinda similar to what they want.

Ultimately tho, I think AI art will just become another tool, there's some good potential but at the moment it just kinda sucks.
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#25380 Posted: 22:32:00 22/12/2022
^ gosh dang it I looked up who miles df was because I’d never heard of the guy and I was immediately struck in the face with wolf boobs

Warn a dragon, will ya?
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#25381 Posted: 23:17:16 22/12/2022
Prank videos on retail workers is why people treat them like trash
#25382 Posted: 23:37:02 23/12/2022
my cat stole my chair and then threw up on it! sillyhead!!
---
#25383 Posted: 23:59:17 23/12/2022
RANDOM.................................THOUGHT.............................................baseball rant from lindsey coming ignore if you are afraid of vicious language and unrestrained annoyances and probably a bunch of names and things you have no idea what im talking about YO its been weeks and i still havent gotten over that my boy walked on the mets my guy for almost a decade my number 1 baseball player jacob degrom super cool awesome pitcher the GOAT walked on us wont be coming back next year and of all teams to play for he goes to the texas rangers and NOW today what do i wake up to....................! TREVOR BAUER of the los angeles dodgers that piece of trash just got his multi year suspension cut in less then half and will be playing again next season the arrogant hateful jerk GIRLFRIEND ABUSING piece of trash can move on with his career like nothing ever happened and that is pretty much enough for me to say i........ Lindsey............ after 25+ years of being a fan of baseball the mets specifically will NOT be continuing to watch this sport a sport where everyone know is going to parade around "oh wooooo hooooooo bauer is finally baaaaack thaaank goooooood" "sooo coooool" "GOOOOAT" "ccant wait to see him baaaaack" and ignore the disgusting person he is and the abusive piece of trash he is as a person yeah no thank you that is not a sport or ANYTHING that i want to be a part of or have to do with then if that is going to be the how they treat VER serious situations he should have been banned from baseball completely had his suspension last the 3 full seasons it should have he likely would have never been signed again and his career over but no he walks like hes innocent ............................................................EW
---
#25384 Posted: 17:52:56 25/12/2022
As a male you should never listen to males when it comes to talking about abortions because a lot of them refute one point because they don't know anything about the Pandoras box that is the abortion topic so they just say what others tell them
#25385 Posted: 08:07:00 26/12/2022
Just watched predator for the first time
yeah this movie is pretty cool when it comes to it's approach in horror and action. This movie came out during the end of macho steroided men killing nameless goons while spewing one liners and this movie follows the same formula for the first 20 minutes.

However there are glimpses of someone watching our heroes. Every so often you see someone with night vision watching our crew.

That someone is hidden throughout the movie. You see glimpse of it every so often but just like to everyone else in the movie it is invisible to our eyes. Every scene is suddenly all close ups of our heroes making the audience believe that any scene focusing on them could be their last. Suddenly all these badass macho men are the one in fear and no longer in control. The music in the background plays with your heart rate and intensifies the moment. Once the first guy in Arnie's crew dies ther s a sudden change in tone.

Suddenly the movie has changed genres. It is no longer buff dudes with guns. It is now a horror survival movie. There's not much audio in the movie anymore to distract you from the horrors of a rubber suited monster. The only things you hear are the sounds of the jungle and noises of the predator.

One by one each member dies and you soon realize that this is eventually gonna become a 1 on 1. Arnold is running for his life which really sells how scary the predator is because Arnold has only played badasses in his career. When the predator reveals it's face it feels like a someone on our level. It's not like those movies where monsters are smart because it can open doors. This monster feels very confident. It's cocky and could have easily killed Arnie but instead chooses to make it a fist fight. It's arrogant and knows that it's gonna win the fight.

But even then the genre changes again and the action hero stops running like a final girl and becomes confident. He starts camouflaging himself, sets up traps, and even yells our for the challenge. It becomes a battle of genres. An actuon hero vs the slasher villain.

It's just so cool how the movie manages to merge 2 weakening genres at the time to create this perfect movie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:19:57 26/12/2022 by somePerson
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4260
#25386 Posted: 06:10:34 27/12/2022
Punches the ****
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
#25387 Posted: 01:24:21 28/12/2022
Bey Th Law 13
Bey Th Law 13
3 years ago (edited)
Beautifully orchestrated Enya your music speaks to my Soul.
I feel bad for anyone that does not experience High Vibrations
when listening to Enya.
---
#25388 Posted: 22:09:46 28/12/2022
yoooooooooooooooo was i sick bad back noooooooooooooow
---
#25389 Posted: 22:58:42 28/12/2022
disappeared for a few days on a trip and it was nice to forget the art world's chaos for a few days

except artstation which can choke on a cactus (in minecraft) because I had to scramble to hide all my art after they said they're a-ok with scraping first and asking questions later
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:59:23 28/12/2022 by Bifrost
#25390 Posted: 20:49:10 29/12/2022
god it took me forever to type my login info correctly im sleepy lol

yeah im really upset about the artstation thing bc i use that site for my professional portfolio. i suppose it's time to just bite the bullet and make my own website. im thinking neocities bc its funny

edit: can i bump hooray pizza pleeeease its my favorite topic
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:28:34 31/12/2022 by ThunderEgg
#25391 Posted: 15:42:30 01/01/2023
why did i get ultra sick from laringitis two januarys in a row
---
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12096
#25392 Posted: 19:41:58 01/01/2023
It’s 3:30am and I’ve suddenly got the urge to find a sonic sprite comic site I used to frequent 15 years ago. Why?

EDIT: it’s now 4am; I finally found it. I couldn’t remember its name so I looked around until it triggered my memory. It was called Sonic Wrecks.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:03:48 01/01/2023 by Spyro Fanatic
#25393 Posted: 22:33:24 01/01/2023
Quote: Spyro Fanatic
It’s 3:30am and I’ve suddenly got the urge to find a sonic sprite comic site I used to frequent 15 years ago. Why?

EDIT: it’s now 4am; I finally found it. I couldn’t remember its name so I looked around until it triggered my memory. It was called Sonic Wrecks.

Damn, after the Smackjeeves purge, I'm surprised you could find it
---
#25394 Posted: 22:20:06 02/01/2023
I found a nice computer to harvest but HP Prodesks use a weird motherboard form factor so it's basically a paper weight smilie. Might throw some linux distro and windows xp on it for fun.
#25395 Posted: 01:06:27 03/01/2023

-----
---
#25396 Posted: 02:24:31 03/01/2023
i just hit diamond
---
#25397 Posted: 03:07:42 03/01/2023
yoooooooooooooooooooooooo congratulations you official dinosaur now you!
---
#25398 Posted: 14:01:20 03/01/2023
i really cannot understood why hat happened to the existing e of human kind thet no one anywhere is able to handle it when you have a different opinion then then and they take that as a personal attack on their character and feel like the only way is to deal with it is ti hate you i dont remember it always being that way
---
#25399 Posted: 18:09:57 03/01/2023
Quote: Thunderdragon14
i just hit diamond

congrats!!!
---
#25400 Posted: 20:16:00 03/01/2023
People will more readily accept as fact what other people say about you than what you say about yourself regardless of there being anything to back it up or not.
---
First | Previous | Page 508 of 520 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 506 507 508 509 510 ... 518 519 520

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me