Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 481 of 519 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 479 480 481 482 483 ... 517 518 519
Random Thought Topic [STICKY]
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2325
#24001 Posted: 20:25:09 13/12/2021
and here my neighbors go with that god damned music again
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#24002 Posted: 02:06:06 14/12/2021
i now have a habit of using white noise to block my neighbors music out until they stop
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#24003 Posted: 09:33:38 14/12/2021
nightmare fuel
---
#24004 Posted: 09:37:08 14/12/2021
i almost never have more than one bar in my phone for some reason idk why not i pay for more than that and i don t live in the woods atm so like come on
---
#24005 Posted: 01:03:16 16/12/2021
uh oh darkspyro
---
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8887
#24006 Posted: 04:29:29 16/12/2021
So I just had to explain Among Us to my mom.
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#24007 Posted: 04:45:44 16/12/2021
^give us a play by play
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
Strawberry15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1717
#24008 Posted: 06:29:57 16/12/2021
Not sure if I posted this yet but my laptop is dead so I have to settle with playing OW on my switch. This is pain but at least I get to continue playing my favorite game and losing to all the PC players
#24009 Posted: 06:31:38 16/12/2021
did you download windows 11 on laptop
---
Strawberry15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1717
#24010 Posted: 06:33:01 16/12/2021
No my cat elbow dropped my screen and it's gonna cost 130 dollars just for the parts. I have a friend that can do the labor for me but I unfortunately am moving soon so I can't afford to get it fixed atm
#24011 Posted: 07:26:10 16/12/2021
i... didn't know a cat could do so much damage
---
#24012 Posted: 07:41:36 16/12/2021
remember that vid i showed you though Danny cats just hate laptops
---
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8887
#24013 Posted: 20:42:29 16/12/2021
Quote: Skyhunter
So I just had to explain Among Us to my mom.

Quote: YesterdayFemmey
^give us a play by play

Me: (just minding my own business)
Mom: Hey Skyhunter, do you know what this is?
Me: (walks in to see her on her laptop. She's looking at a pair of "imposter socks" decorated with crewmates)
Me: Oh goddamnit
Mom: What? What is it?
Me: Okay so there's this game called Among Us... (gives a description of the game) ...and that's what the characters in the game look like.
Mom: Oh, okay, I had a feeling it was a reference to something, I just didn't know what. But why did you go "oh goddamnit"?
Me: Due to the simplicity of the character design, people have been making jokes about constantly seeing things that remind them of the crewmates. Oh, and every time they hear the phrase "among us" or "imposter" they get reminded of it too.
Mom: Oh okay (slightly dismissive laugh)
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
#24014 Posted: 02:45:38 17/12/2021
you actually did it, thank you, i needed this. for science.
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#24015 Posted: 16:29:49 20/12/2021
I saw a TikTok of a guy saying people these days are really sensitive and insensitive. I agree and wojacked so hard
#24016 Posted: 00:06:53 21/12/2021
in response to the above people are like porcelain dolls with machine guns these days is one of the best ways i can put it
---
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#24017 Posted: 03:28:51 22/12/2021
removing YouTube dislikes was really not needed. still thinking about that i guess. despite never using the like or dislike feature
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#24018 Posted: 06:22:19 23/12/2021
people now realizing how good andrew garfield was at spiderman when I've been saying he's been the best for years :(
#24019 Posted: 18:42:45 23/12/2021
big Spiderman thoughts

Pre no way home
The common thought of Toby being the most Peter, Andrew being the most Spiderman, and Tom being the mix of both doesnt really make much sense to me. Tom's Spiderman is a lot different. He has friends and family that accept him as both Peter and Spiderman. Nobody leaves him for being a superhero and people encourage him to be Spiderman and peter.

I think one of the biggest parts of the character is that Peters life and Spiderman's life are not compatible. If he picks one then the other suffers. And in the mcu whenever he tells somebody about his secret no consequences really happen. Unless you count him leaving the girl in homecoming for him to realize he liked another girl more.

Plus his relationship with MJ isn't as great as Gwen and Peter or didnt feel as close as the other MJ and Peter. (But ramis MJ is a *****. Girl lead on an astronaut to make Peter jealous because he didn't watch her play)

The super common complaint is him being iron man jr. And let's be real. He really was for most of the movies. In homecoming he turns down the iron suit offer so he can become his own hero without the need of tony. And then he uses it in the next movie and is marked to pass the torch of iron man? Then in far from home it's about him wanting to separate from iron man again so he builds a new suit with 80s rock music and happy comparing him to iron man? the character is always being compared to being the next iron man in these movies and that's what makes him less spiderman when compared to andrew or toby.

the problem with spiderman being compared to tony in every movie is that tony is a protector of the planet who fights aliens and other super powered beings. spiderman however is neighborhood friendly. he shouldn't be the only one fighting giant space aliens and gods. he's the working mans superhero. instead of fighting the greater powers he should be using his skillset to protect the people instead. there's tons and tons of event stories in comics where spiderman is swinging in towns and picking people up to save. he represents the working class. he has struggles with finance, love, jobs, etc.

the common misconception of comic peter being a shy, insecure, introverted nerd is a very common misconception as this was his character in the rami films and cartoons. in high school peter was an asshole. like whenever flash talked trash he would always fire back. he also constantly flirted with liz and betty and went on multiple dates with them. peter is not a loser because the dude was not able to make friends. the dude was a loser because he had more important stuff to do. even before powers peter was that one redditor type of guy who would think they are better than others for being smarter.

sidenote peter doesn't have his spider sense because the writers legit forgot he had it.

i also don't get the whole him being a teenager thing makes him the most accurate to the comics. mostly because peter hasn't been a high schooler since the 60s and high school was only 20ish issues of his life.

but what is spiderman? spiderman is a character who has existed since the 60s. he has over 700 issues of just mainline spiderman comics and over thousands of hours in tv shows and movies. there is no true spiderman because of how many people write and characterize him. the phrase comic accurate makes no sense because that would assume that the character was written the same for the past 60 years. I'm not complaining about tom hollands portraying a character I think is written wrong. I'm just tired of seeing people saying he is the best and most accurate spiderman because what does that mean? it means nobody reads comics and just makes stuff up about it lmao

Post no way home
YES THIS IS THE PERFECT WAY TO REINTRODUCE THE CHARACTER OF SPIDERMAN. The best part of this movie is that he chose to reject all the stuff that would support him such as his tech, his money, his connections, etc for his friends. He chose to suffer so his friends can be happy. This is finally him choosing to be Spiderman and his other half is suffering because of it. No longer does he rely on Tony suits for half a movie only to learn that he can do well with his own suit. He is finally moving on from his past self to become even greater
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:14:35 24/12/2021 by somePerson
#24020 Posted: 01:04:58 24/12/2021
my two cents that no one asked for...

maguire is the best/real spider-man.
garfield is the "coolest" spider-man.
holland portrays spider-man.
---
Shadow-Cipher Yellow Sparx Gems: 1229
#24021 Posted: 04:11:48 24/12/2021
Why do so many people have to counter your opinion with "Well, that's your opinion" when your opinion doesn't line up with theirs. Yes, I know. Its almost like I was stating this as an opinion and not a fact. Even if I disagree with you, you are not wrong... because its your opinion. And neither am I... because its my opinion. Nothing is being stated as fact.
---
An eNeMeE approaches, dark as night, cold as space, and with a heart filled with evil. His displeasure for my joke at his expense is immeasurable.
#24022 Posted: 04:31:26 24/12/2021
Quote: Shadow-Cipher
Why do so many people have to counter your opinion with "Well, that's your opinion" when your opinion doesn't line up with theirs. Yes, I know. Its almost like I was stating this as an opinion and not a fact. Even if I disagree with you, you are not wrong... because its your opinion. And neither am I... because its my opinion. Nothing is being stated as fact.

tbf for good amount of people the only argument they have done are either on the internet or school essays. and both arent good for knowing how to argue
#24023 Posted: 14:16:51 24/12/2021
If I turned in a school essay with an argument that bad, I would've been called into the classroom after class to discuss what in the world I am writing. X3

Although I think some of it also might be that so many self-righteous people exist on the internet who will proclaim their opinion as fact that now the default assumption is that everyone is doing that.
---
An eNeMeE approaches, dark as night, cold as space, and with a heart filled with evil. His displeasure for my joke at his expense is immeasurable.
#24024 Posted: 14:41:30 25/12/2021
Business owners who ask their employees to buy them gifts, chip in money to afford a giant gift they specifically want, or force them to participate in a secret santa are terrible people. Not everyone can afford to spend money on someone they don't really care about. Especially in America, where minimum wage is like 7 dollars, being asked to contribute "just 20 dollars" for a gift for the boss is basically equivalent to giving nearly 3 hours of your life away. No. I am not doing that. Bite me.
---
#24025 Posted: 22:09:14 25/12/2021
...I only just realized it was Christmas at 5PM. Wow I'm dumb.
---
#24026 Posted: 01:32:00 26/12/2021
im all for new batman villains but literally all of them are just "grr batman u don't protect the city enough bcuz u don't kill"
#24027 Posted: 05:09:45 28/12/2021
anyone else find it pretentious when people say they rescued their pet? sure it's true but at the same time they always gotta say that they rescued it
#24028 Posted: 21:57:55 28/12/2021
I love when I have a migraine, my entire world is spinning and my head is pounding, and in order to get the medicine I need to not be dealing with this nonsense for multiple days, I gotta sit there in my agonized state and try and open a child safety cap. I get why its there, and I'm not saying it shouldn't exist. But when I'm in THAT much pain, nearly anything worsens it - even basic things like walking or moving my head - and the world around me is a blur from how agonized I am. Its the worst time to have to deal with opening a stubborn cap and its the ONLY time I have to have that experience, because the only time I would ever open the migraine medication is if I have a migraine.
---
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2329
#24029 Posted: 04:04:33 30/12/2021
Not a fan of the "pick a side youtube" thing. I don't think the Mamamax dude has bad intentions, but the whole social media aspect comes across as clout chasey. There's also a lot of issues with these vigilante channels that hamper irl investigations. Not to mention the edgyness in his videos, etc.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#24030 Posted: 04:11:39 30/12/2021
Quote: skylandersfan60
Not a fan of the "pick a side youtube" thing. I don't think the Mamamax dude has bad intentions, but the whole social media aspect comes across as clout chasey. There's also a lot of issues with these vigilante channels that hamper irl investigations. Not to mention the edgyness in his videos, etc.

Mamamax's most recent video I could hardly take seriously. I understand his intent and think it's a noble cause, but the means of executing it was borderline embarrassing. Acting as if he's some edgy, grimdark vigilante who's calling out all these people, I just, I couldn't help but roll my eyes. This is an incredibly important topic and you handle it like this? It hurts your credibility.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#24031 Posted: 05:33:25 30/12/2021

the video is so hard to take seriously when the guy has the edgy demon voice filter and hotline Miami style transitions.
#24032 Posted: 12:30:31 31/12/2021
Thank you, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when seeing the reactions to that video.
#24033 Posted: 14:41:26 31/12/2021
Thank you, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when seeing the reactions to that video.

eh. Most "big platform form we are on bad" videos usually get a lot of attention that are positive. look at the Doug Walker one for example lmao
#24034 Posted: 10:52:02 01/01/2022
Quote: somePerson

eh. Most "big platform form we are on bad" videos usually get a lot of attention that are positive. look at the Doug Walker one for example lmao

Yeah good point, I remember the similar scenario with the adpocalypse guy too. Can't wait for the "hey maybe this wasn't good" videos in a month.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:52:56 01/01/2022 by skylandersfan60
#24035 Posted: 12:04:58 01/01/2022
I'm p sure my portable battery killed my phone on this trip
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#24036 Posted: 21:15:00 03/01/2022
someone in my house got taco bell and they gave us SO much hot sauce
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
First | Previous | Page 481 of 519 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 479 480 481 482 483 ... 517 518 519

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me