Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 474 of 519 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 472 473 474 475 476 ... 517 518 519
Random Thought Topic [STICKY]
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12063
#23651 Posted: 20:23:18 01/09/2021
I found a small porcelain maneki-neko charm at the foot of my locker at work today.

A sign of good luck?
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#23652 Posted: 23:34:24 01/09/2021
i don't see how it's not a frat house. don't we all live, hold meetings, and throw parties here?
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
Shadow-Cipher Yellow Sparx Gems: 1229
#23653 Posted: 00:42:07 02/09/2021
If this is a frat house and we're throwing parties, does that mean I should do what I do at all parties and hide in the corner eating all the food until I can finally find an excuse to go home?
---
An eNeMeE approaches, dark as night, cold as space, and with a heart filled with evil. His displeasure for my joke at his expense is immeasurable.
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2325
#23654 Posted: 00:52:44 03/09/2021
Quote: YesterdayFemmey
i don't see how it's not a frat house. don't we all live, hold meetings, and throw parties here?

yes we do and people get constantly thrown out not to mention the gossip the lies and infighting....................... oh and all the perverts too ........................................................YEAH GOODBYE

Quote: Shadow-Cipher
If this is a frat house and we're throwing parties, does that mean I should do what I do at all parties and hide in the corner eating all the food until I can finally find an excuse to go home?

oh absolutely that is THE best method of partying IMO
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#23655 Posted: 15:05:24 03/09/2021
Perfect! Then I'm here to exist and eat all the food.
---
An eNeMeE approaches, dark as night, cold as space, and with a heart filled with evil. His displeasure for my joke at his expense is immeasurable.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#23656 Posted: 22:00:30 03/09/2021
17 years of darkspyro and images are still not considered messages
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#23657 Posted: 02:02:55 05/09/2021
Quote: Jaggedstar
17 years of darkspyro and images are still not considered messages

SssSSpPPPpppaAAaaaaMMmmMm
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#23658 Posted: 16:37:39 05/09/2021
Any Youtuber that starts harping on about analytics is instantly guaranteed not to get a subscription from me. I don't really care if they just ask you to subscribe, but its so infuriating when they start playing the analytics card. "Hey guys, did you know less than 1% of my viewers are subscribed?" GEE! I wonder why! Its almost like constantly jamming your subscription ratio in peoples faces is a terrible way to gain new subscribers! Stop it!
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#23659 Posted: 17:45:28 05/09/2021
Any Youtuber that starts harping on about analytics is instantly guaranteed not to get a subscription from me. I don't really care if they just ask you to subscribe, but its so infuriating when they start playing the analytics card. "Hey guys, did you know less than 1% of my viewers are subscribed?" GEE! I wonder why! Its almost like constantly jamming your subscription ratio in peoples faces is a terrible way to gain new subscribers! Stop it!

legit the only reason why people do it is because people genuinely forget to subscribe.
#23660 Posted: 18:01:51 05/09/2021
You can remind people to subscribe without going on about the percentage of people not subscribed. As I said "I don't really care if they just ask you to subscribe". That's fine. Ask people to please subscribe, but the analytics are pushy in my opinion.
---
Strawberry15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1717
#23661 Posted: 19:15:12 05/09/2021
I'm subscribed to too many people and YT won't let me subscribe to any more
#23662 Posted: 19:25:00 05/09/2021
There's a limit? I had no idea. I don't generally subscribe that often.
---
#23663 Posted: 22:31:34 05/09/2021
I feel like a boomer when I have to Google what abbreviations while texting mean. I've been like that basically ever since I first got access to the internet and I still just feel my brain going AOL speeds whenever I gotta try and figure out what abbreviations in text mean like 90% of the time.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:32:04 05/09/2021 by Shadow-Cipher
#23664 Posted: 23:46:58 07/09/2021
how did i find this
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2329
#23665 Posted: 08:02:43 08/09/2021
Donda donda donda donda donda donda donda donda donda donda
#23666 Posted: 08:14:53 09/09/2021
Every batman comic writer is obligated to write a joker end game story where he takes over the city

red hood is the most head canond dc character. people only like him because he's edgy and uses guns and kills people. people self inserting themselves into basic characters with anguish or trauma and overcomplicating them to be deep is super silly.

Alright touching grass now
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:32:21 09/09/2021 by somePerson
#23667 Posted: 07:08:28 10/09/2021

Sweet

the people who say that the beatles are the 60s equivalent of a modern pop boy band are stupid. like sure when they got to America they did lovey dovey bait songs like a hard days night sure. but once the beatles discovered drugs and alcohol their sound got so much weirder and more experimental. they pretty much made this whole genre of weird hippy music for the general public. like there's no way I am walrus can be released today. however I think music from people like billie eilish are really great for weird experimental pop music.
there was this whole thing of the beatles and the beach boys having a face off with who can make the weirdest music. now it's which boy band is cuter than the other.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:15:10 10/09/2021 by somePerson
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#23668 Posted: 20:20:03 10/09/2021
^what makes them different is drugs and weirdness? that's what makes them the 60s equivalent.
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
#23669 Posted: 21:11:59 10/09/2021
Quote: YesterdayFemmey
^what makes them different is drugs and weirdness? that's what makes them the 60s equivalent.

yes. the reason why their sound is similar to songs you hear now is because of how influential they are and how they evolved both music and the social culture. literally all the music in the 60s were white guys singing boring love songs or white guys stealing songs from black guys. there's a lot of reasons why the beatles are so influential when you look at their career.
they were one of the first bands to write their music on record showing record companies that bands don't need to be pretty faces with a good voice. at their peak popularity in the 60s they could have easily redone their music for the rest of their lives but instead they moved away from their format and borrowed sounds from folk, Americana blues, etc in rubber soul which was a super big risk for their label as the sound was so different at the time. sgt pepper may sound like a funky album now, but at the time it was praised universally where one negative review on it caused controversy and could have ended a writers career. https://www.villagevoice.com/2...s-slam-sort-of/
technologically they masivly influential with multi track recording which now seems pretty common. they evolved their music from "pretty boys covering love songs" to "the face of a new revolution of music and social culture" all in 10 years.

they are not the equivalent to the modern boy band at all. their popularity at the time is bigger then every music maker today combined. imagine a world where bts were the face of a social movement like BLM. documentaries about jungkook's life and upbringing and why his death caused so much controversy that people believed that it was a hoax as they beg on the streets for him to come back to the public life. the new york times could put out a negative review against their album and be sent death threats, massive ddos attacks, and a week shutdown of the website, and firing the reviewer because of how much hate traffic it gets. people like Radiohead covering butter and classic orechstra remindations of dynamite selling out in seconds. no you cant.

here's a random scribble from tvtropes explaining the "the 60s equivalent boy band"
Quote:
The Beatles: Back in the early 1960s, their haircuts were actually seen as subversive. Men with long hair were simply seen as rebellious. Looking back on it now, their hair doesn't even seem that outrageously long.
The Beatles pioneered and popularized so many of the recording and musical techniques commonly heard in rock and pop music today that it can be hard for newcomers to truly appreciate how ground-breaking they actually were. In particular, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band can suffer from this. (It was particularly impressive for being recorded with only 4 tracks. In today's digital world, where everything can be done on a computer, it doesn't seem as impressive to most people.)
The Beatles popularized the idea that "real" bands write their own songs and play their own instruments. (The labels were happy to promote this idea because it meant they had to split the profits amongst fewer parties.)
The Beatles do, for the most part, avert this trope - while people may not always recognize today how groundbreaking they are, they continue to be one of the most popular and beloved bands of all time; their albums continue to sell 50+ years after they were originally released. Every generation of teenagers seems to re-discover The Beatles (the 1 Greatest Hits Album, Across the Universe, the Beatles edition of Rock Band, etc.). And it's rare to find anyone who actually denies The Beatles' influence — a lot of the Hype Backlash will still admit The Beatles were innovative, just that they weren't the only ones pioneering those things and don't like how they're often discussed as though they were.
Their films A Hard Day's Night, Help!, and (to a lesser degree) Magical Mystery Tour went a long way towards codifying a lot of the visual techniques and tropes of Music Videos that dominated The '80s. (They and the director of the first two films, Richard Lester, were jointly given one of the first MTV Video Music Awards Lifetime Achievement Awards for this reason, way back in 1984.)
Listening to recordings of their big stadium live shows may cause modern listeners to wonder what all the fuss was about; their playing sounds rather uncoordinated and rushed, they just stand in the middle of the stage in the distance, the recordings aren't incredibly clear, and the screaming is incredibly distracting. Of course, this overlooks the fact that the Beatles were literally the first act to be able to fill stadiums to begin with, and a lot of the problems that later acts would iron out (screens to enable people far away to see what was happening, a more active stage presence, speakers that would enable you to hear how you were playing over the sound of the audience without deafening yourself and so on) didn't even exist then. By all accounts, their earlier, smaller gigs were a lot better, but of course no one was recording them because they weren't famous by that point.
Their earlier material especially falls into this trope. A modern listener may dismiss their old stuff as the same old jangle pop that was popular during the era, but for the time, the Beatles had a raw and heavy sound compared to bands like the Beach Boys, and the fact that they ran their guitars dry is a big part of this while the Beach Boys' music was drenched in reverberated guitars and other production flurishes. At a time when surf and Phil Spector-produced pop music was prevelent, this sound was new and exciting. Even as their music got bigger production-wise as the era progressed, their more elaborate albums like Sgt. Pepper still sounded much heavier than other, equal-in-scope albums like Pet Sounds.
#23670 Posted: 00:05:18 11/09/2021
the amount of copium with getting an artifact with the crit damage and crit rate substats just for it to roll base defense twice
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#23671 Posted: 01:53:32 11/09/2021
Quote: somePerson
literally all the music in the 60s were white guys singing boring love songs or white guys stealing songs from black guys.

The Stones would like a word.
#23672 Posted: 02:01:28 11/09/2021
Quote: Metallo
Quote: somePerson
literally all the music in the 60s were white guys singing boring love songs or white guys stealing songs from black guys.

The Stones would like a word.

yeah but beach boys is better
#23673 Posted: 13:11:51 11/09/2021
I don't really understand why people would favour a specific era of music. Why not just like music from a variety of eras of history and have one big library of songs from different periods of time? That's what I've always done. I've never really cared when a song came out as long as the song is catchy and fun to listen to.
---
#23674 Posted: 17:02:26 11/09/2021
Proof there is a superior music era.
#23675 Posted: 17:38:28 11/09/2021
I don't really understand why people would favour a specific era of music. Why not just like music from a variety of eras of history and have one big library of songs from different periods of time? That's what I've always done. I've never really cared when a song came out as long as the song is catchy and fun to listen to.

I like pokemon ost
#23676 Posted: 23:38:04 11/09/2021
Video game music is amazing. Always has been and always will be.
---
#23677 Posted: 04:33:29 13/09/2021
Haha yeah bro just read this flowchart first.
[User Posted Image]
Edit: This makes no sense now disregard.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:57:51 14/09/2021 by skylandersfan60
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#23678 Posted: 02:57:02 14/09/2021
instead of fate get into kill the past
#23679 Posted: 10:58:41 14/09/2021
Okay fine I'll finally play Killer7.
#23680 Posted: 06:02:05 15/09/2021
i love how this scene is suppose to tell us "SEBASTION NO FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS DONT SELL OUT". but this song is legit a banger
First | Previous | Page 474 of 519 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 472 473 474 475 476 ... 517 518 519

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me