Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 423 of 519 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 421 422 423 424 425 ... 517 518 519
Random Thought Topic [STICKY]
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9954
#21101 Posted: 00:56:45 31/08/2020
Quote: somePerson
I don't think science should be a part of psychology. In fact I believe science ruins psychology

What about the parts of psychology that are directly affected by biology

Or how professionals have to use knowledge of physiology, anatomy, and psychology in order to treat symptoms and disorders, especially when giving medicine
---
Twinkies and 2hus
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:59:27 31/08/2020 by Iceclaw
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#21102 Posted: 02:35:00 31/08/2020
Quote: Iceclaw
I don't think science should be a part of psychology. In fact I believe science ruins psychology

Or how professionals have to use knowledge of physiology, anatomy, and psychology in order to treat symptoms and disorders, especially when giving medicine

Idk if I said this before but psychology borrows a lot of resources from science to help understand it to the fullest. Kinda like math. It's a great tool to have in the professional field of health and what not. Psychology will always be super important for that reason and why it's so fun to learn about
#21103 Posted: 02:45:26 31/08/2020

Idk if I said this before but psychology borrows a lot of resources from science to help understand it to the fullest. Kinda like math. It's a great tool to have in the professional field of health and what not. Psychology will always be super important for that reason and why it's so fun to learn about

Other sciences do that too though. Biology borrows from Chemistry and Physics. Biology, as for all other sciences, also use resources from math.

I do agree though that psychology is very fun and interesting to learn about.
---
Twinkies and 2hus
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:46:23 31/08/2020 by Iceclaw
#21104 Posted: 02:53:52 31/08/2020

Other sciences do that too though. Biology borrows from Chemistry and Physics. Biology, as for all other sciences, also use resources from math.

Vehicles need a knowledge of physics and chemistry. Most people wouldn't call a car designer a scientist. The thing that stops psychology in my eyes to being a full on science is that a lot of it's theories are just not at a point where we can fully understand the concepts behind our brains and human experience to a t due to a lot of unexpected elements of bias and what not

The thing about psychological experiments is that they're a bit different from traditional scientific ones. In science a theory is made by using old facts to create new facts. They then do a test to a subject to either prove or disprove their theory. And then they do it again constantly. Experimenting with people is quite different because humans are harder to be constant with. If I were to ask you a question right now and another question in 5 minutes you will most likely feel different. You become a different person within that time span. A lot of experiments will get affected by this change of behavior.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:14:31 31/08/2020 by somePerson
#21105 Posted: 03:45:50 31/08/2020

Vehicles need a knowledge of physics and chemistry. Most people wouldn't call a car designer a scientist. The thing that stops psychology in my eyes to being a full on science is that a lot of it's theories are just not at a point where we can fully understand the concepts behind our brains and human experience to a t due to a lot of unexpected elements of bias and what not

The thing about psychological experiments is that they're a bit different from traditional scientific ones. In science a theory is made by using old facts to create new facts. They then do a test to a subject to either prove or disprove their theory. And then they do it again constantly. Experimenting with people is quite different because humans are harder to be constant with. If I were to ask you a question right now and another question in 5 minutes you will most likely feel different. You become a different person within that time span. A lot of experiments will get affected by this change of behavior.

You don't call them scientists because cars aren't an occurrence in the natural world. Not fully understanding the subject can be said for many aspects of human biology. There is a lot we don't understand about the body, especially when it comes to diseases or why the body reacts the way it does, but that doesn't make it any less of a science than more well-understood portions. There are many aspects of DNA and genetics that are just hypothesis, but that doesn't make Genetics a non-science field. There's a lot we don't understand about bacteria and viruses but that doesn't make microbiology any less of a science than something like anatomy. Something isn't science just because we understand it, what makes it science is the fact that we're making observations and tests on how it works.

Approaching something that is difficult to test on doesn't change it being science. Just because there are many factors that can affect an outcome doesn't mean it's not science. Testing humans when it comes to physical diseases also includes several factors and questionnaires and people potentially not being honest with their answers, but that wouldn't nvalidate epidemiology as a science. We don't understand a lot when it comes to animal behaviour but that doesn't mean natural science isn't a science.

Science is just making hypotheses and observations to get a better understanding of how things works. Science is not defined by how different or difficult experiments can be from one another, morbid it defined by how much we already know or what factors can affect what we're trying to learn.
---
Twinkies and 2hus
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:49:41 31/08/2020 by Iceclaw
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#21106 Posted: 17:06:38 31/08/2020
People really out here harrassin and insultin people cuz they don’t like your japanese role playing game waifu, huh?
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#21107 Posted: 17:18:20 31/08/2020

You don't call them scientists because cars aren't an occurrence in the natural world. Not fully understanding the subject can be said for many aspects of human biology. There is a lot we don't understand about the body, especially when it comes to diseases or why the body reacts the way it does, but that doesn't make it any less of a science than more well-understood portions. There are many aspects of DNA and genetics that are just hypothesis, but that doesn't make Genetics a non-science field. There's a lot we don't understand about bacteria and viruses but that doesn't make microbiology any less of a science than something like anatomy. Something isn't science just because we understand it, what makes it science is the fact that we're making observations and tests on how it works.

Approaching something that is difficult to test on doesn't change it being science. Just because there are many factors that can affect an outcome doesn't mean it's not science. Testing humans when it comes to physical diseases also includes several factors and questionnaires and people potentially not being honest with their answers, but that wouldn't nvalidate epidemiology as a science. We don't understand a lot when it comes to animal behaviour but that doesn't mean natural science isn't a science.

Science is just making hypotheses and observations to get a better understanding of how things works. Science is not defined by how different or difficult experiments can be from one another, morbid it defined by how much we already know or what factors can affect what we're trying to learn.

psychology is a science lol. but its a social science just like political science. I'm just saying that it is way too early to force psychology into becoming hard science as the hypothesis that are made from it are always gonna be almost the truth but never there.
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#21108 Posted: 18:26:21 31/08/2020
Quote: Drednaw
Quote: DragonCamo
People really out here harrassin and insultin people cuz they don’t like your japanese role playing game waifu, huh?

which fire emblem character is this about

all of them
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#21109 Posted: 21:03:36 31/08/2020

If I say Edelgard it's going to be right somewhere
I don't even follow people who post FE and edelgard discussion appears from huge essays to Struggle Tweets
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#21110 Posted: 21:18:41 31/08/2020
psychology is a science lol. but its a social science just like political science. I'm just saying that it is way too early to force psychology into becoming hard science as the hypothesis that are made from it are always gonna be almost the truth but never there.

Next time be specific instead of saying 'science shouldn't be in psychology it ruins it'

That's also not what hard science means and that's not how hard science works. What makes something a hard science has nothing to do with hypothesis vs theory; you're right that psychology is not a hard science but it's not too early to force psychology into a hard science because it's actually impossible for psychology to be a hard science.

What makes something a hard science is whether it's about the natural physical world, not how much fact and understanding there is. Biology, chemistry, and physics are hard sciences because they are naturally occurring in everything in our existences. Psychology will always be a social science because human thinking and behaviour is separate from the physical occurrences in the world and universe. It has nothing to do with what's considered truth or how one tests something.
---
Twinkies and 2hus
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:21:26 31/08/2020 by Iceclaw
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#21111 Posted: 21:58:25 31/08/2020
Quote: Bifrost

I don't even follow people who post FE and edelgard discussion appears from huge essays to Struggle Tweets

Nah, it’s Makoto from Persona 5
---
Gay 4 GARcher
sans Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#21112 Posted: 23:09:29 31/08/2020
"so this is what a hotbed of sin looks like" -spongebob squarepants, 2010
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#21113 Posted: 23:10:37 31/08/2020
trawling the depths of japanese twitter and apparently women with my melody avatars are seen as a massive red flag. i don't know what to do with this information but i'm posting it
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#21114 Posted: 00:45:32 01/09/2020
Quote: Bifrost

I maintain that every 3H fan either hates Edie or thinks she’s hot.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#21115 Posted: 15:51:57 01/09/2020
if krystal does another kpop topic i will be the most qualified person to handle it

i am LITERALLY named after a turtle

i'm so glad turtle posting lives on
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#21116 Posted: 22:05:40 01/09/2020
[User Posted Image]
- - -
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#21117 Posted: 17:51:22 02/09/2020
teacher: what inspires your art?
me: *don't say spyro* *don't say spyro* *don't say spyro* *don't say-*

me: uhhhh nicholas kole
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#21118 Posted: 04:36:56 03/09/2020
Pain.
#21119 Posted: 16:28:01 03/09/2020
"cimarron" autocorrects to "macaroni" for me...
---
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8550
#21120 Posted: 00:02:35 04/09/2020
Anyone else tired of hearing about Raycon?
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#21121 Posted: 00:13:29 04/09/2020
Quote: redwes

You mean their best model yet, the E25 wireless earbuds that come in a variety of colours and are used by celebrities, have a battery life of 6 hours and can be charged by the case?
---
Soon.
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#21122 Posted: 02:14:15 04/09/2020
In my case I'm also tired of hearing about Grammarly, Entropia Universe
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#21123 Posted: 02:52:48 04/09/2020
i would really like to stop burping
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#21124 Posted: 05:24:19 04/09/2020
Quote: emeraldzoroark
Quote: redwes

You mean their best model yet, the E25 wireless earbuds that come in a variety of colours and are used by celebrities, have a battery life of 6 hours and can be charged by the case?

i use them while playing Raid: Shadow Legends, the real time mobile rpg

arent you so tired of listening to the in game audio of Raid: Shadow Legends on your Raycon E25s when some hacker steals your data? well once i signed up for express VPN, i stopped having those problems immediately. express VPN doesnt just help you protect your online privacy, but you can also watch shows not available in your country or browse the internet with confidence. go to expressVPN.com/darkspyro and sign up for your first month completely free. protect your online privacy today with express VPN
#21125 Posted: 06:23:20 04/09/2020
Quote: Vespi
Quote: emeraldzoroark

arent you so tired of listening to the in game audio of Raid: Shadow Legends on your Raycon E25s when some hacker steals your data? well once i signed up for express VPN, i stopped having those problems immediately. express VPN doesnt just help you protect your online privacy, but you can also watch shows not available in your country or browse the internet with confidence. go to expressVPN.com/darkspyro and sign up for your first month completely free. protect your online privacy today with express VPN

eating delivery on VPN again? blue apron makes cooking at home not a challenge and fun. they deliver seasonal recipes with pre-portioned ingredients, to make cooking as easy as possible. And to prove how easy it is, i'm going to make daddy's special meat juice, from scratch. each meal comes with a step by step easy to follow recipe card, and can be prepared in 40 minutes or less. and all the ingredients come pre-proportioned exactly right, so nothing gets wasted. check out this week's menu, and get your first 3 meals free, with free shipping, by going to blueapron.com/urmomsanicewoman. whats that? this URL doesn't work? you know what will? your very own website when created with Squarespace. squarespace is the absolute easiest way to make your website. and i've used them for a few different sites. it's so incredibly easy to use with thousands of templates to choose from. i use this one of my blog. now hang on. you got some hair underneath your downstairs? that's where dollar shave club comes in. what is DollarShaveClub.com? well, for a dollar a month, we deliver high quality razors right to your door. Yeah, a dollar. i like to use the assshaver 4000 with its lubricating strip, flashlight, vibrating handle, and its waterproof? the new shave butter formula is great to keep your little boys nice and happy. don't settle for an inferior blade for long. join me and million of others by heading to dollarshaveclub.com/mymomhasanicebush
#21126 Posted: 03:14:33 05/09/2020
Quote: Vespi

eating delivery on VPN again? blue apron makes cooking at home not a challenge and fun. they deliver seasonal recipes with pre-portioned ingredients, to make cooking as easy as possible. And to prove how easy it is, i'm going to make daddy's special meat juice, from scratch. each meal comes with a step by step easy to follow recipe card, and can be prepared in 40 minutes or less. and all the ingredients come pre-proportioned exactly right, so nothing gets wasted. check out this week's menu, and get your first 3 meals free, with free shipping, by going to blueapron.com/urmomsanicewoman. whats that? this URL doesn't work? you know what will? your very own website when created with Squarespace. squarespace is the absolute easiest way to make your website. and i've used them for a few different sites. it's so incredibly easy to use with thousands of templates to choose from. i use this one of my blog. now hang on. you got some hair underneath your downstairs? that's where dollar shave club comes in. what is DollarShaveClub.com? well, for a dollar a month, we deliver high quality razors right to your door. Yeah, a dollar. i like to use the assshaver 4000 with its lubricating strip, flashlight, vibrating handle, and its waterproof? the new shave butter formula is great to keep your little boys nice and happy. don't settle for an inferior blade for long. join me and million of others by heading to dollarshaveclub.com/mymomhasanicebush

you know, as a woman, nothing is a better surprise for me than a well shaven man, and thats where manscaped comes in. their weedwhacker 9000 will trim your hedges into just the right shape
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#21127 Posted: 05:03:49 06/09/2020
Self observation: Ya know, everyone likes a good dragging until it's themselves or yourself. Maybe it's time to improve on that to be a more chill out person instead of being that ***** that throws the heat and can't take it.

Bit nsfw-ish. More of talk of "please turn down the horny"
Off site: I know you are a horny bint, but there's more to life than being horny. Like boi you know I have so ****in much on my plate to care about being in such a mood. Please respect that or at least understand that better. Maybe ya have a hyper focus on it and idk why but I know you are at least a good person. Honestly wish I knew you better, outside of the that. Like usually there is some fun talk before this, but literally our dm interactions started off with a nsfw discussion before actual personality
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:05:15 06/09/2020 by Trix Master 100
#21128 Posted: 21:10:20 06/09/2020
wantttttt

[User Posted Image]
---
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#21129 Posted: 13:45:12 07/09/2020
With how vast the concept of Megaten(Megami Tensei) is, I’m shocked no one is thinking of a non game based, not Persona related anime based on the franchise, I would gladly watch that.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#21130 Posted: 18:09:46 07/09/2020

My friend got world record on bean counter
First | Previous | Page 423 of 519 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 421 422 423 424 425 ... 517 518 519

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me