Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 470 of 519 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 468 469 470 471 472 ... 517 518 519
Random Thought Topic [STICKY]
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2325
#23451 Posted: 19:21:25 05/08/2021
it s funny it does say that in the beginning and then Jared goes on to state things DE FACTO such as designs which are canon and not unused to go figure probably the intervviewer who threw that line in opposed to him if Jared and Bruno aren t canon idk what is man
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#23452 Posted: 19:28:13 05/08/2021
Yeah, Pullen's comments on a lot of this are good ideas for canonicity(we can 100% say that they planned for the Dark Aether being and Pyra was a scrapped character, for example), but the real main writers were Mike Graham and Ron Marz on the worldbuilding side - Pullen was primarily an artist.

Only one tiny note on "dragon names reflect elements", it's actually more of a Dragon Guardian thing - the upgrade titles in ANB and TEN feel more like phonetics that remind you of the element, rather than words.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:29:51 05/08/2021 by Bifrost
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8512
#23453 Posted: 19:43:34 05/08/2021
Quote: LeewweewoowheeH
it s funny it does say that in the beginning and then Jared goes on to state things DE FACTO such as designs which are canon and not unused to go figure probably the intervviewer who threw that line in opposed to him if Jared and Bruno aren t canon idk what is man

but like Bifrost already pointed out, those two aren't even the ones in charge of worldbuilding. Their art helps contributes to it, and Jared may have *had* certain things in mind when designing some characters, but that doesn't mean it's true in the grand scope of things. Just because he designed a character and they liked the design doesn't mean the design was chosen because of the things Jared or Bruno had in mind, y'know.

Also, interviewers don't just toss in "btw 90% of this is non-canonical" just because they felt like it or because....they disagree with the person they interviewed? That's not how journalism works - it was probably discussed afterward or before with Pullen that what he said was merely speculation and a discussion of unused ideas. I mean, we see with journalism today that interviewers will be SO QUICK to state that everything said in an interview is fact. The fact the actual interviewer had to give a big long paragraph about how it's not really tells me that Pullen was the one who emphasized it.

Also, the interviewer said 90%, so of course 10% is actually canonical.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#23454 Posted: 19:46:50 05/08/2021
from what i remember mike and ron did next to nothing an artist doesn t normally write that much that DOES get in for the rest of it to not so you basically have nothing or what Jared said for example he explains it as the team not even knowing if Cynder was male or female at first and bruno being the one who did everything for her so...... they kind of created designed and indeed WROTE that character entirely into it
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#23455 Posted: 19:49:24 05/08/2021
second line Seal is entirely speculation and i wouldn t call deviantart "journalism" and uh.................... yeah interviewers kind of do especially when they're just random people on the internet lol but playing by that then how about this the cynder part was the 10 percent canon part BABOOOOOM
---
#23456 Posted: 19:57:18 05/08/2021
second line Seal is entirely speculation and i wouldn t call deviantart "journalism" and uh.................... yeah interviewers kind of do especially when they're just random people on the internet lol but playing by that then how about this the cynder part was the 10 percent canon part BABOOOOOM

uhhhhh this just in my uncle works for Sierra Entertainment and he told me that cynder is a fire dragon

BOOM take that losers i win smilie
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#23457 Posted: 20:03:17 05/08/2021
**** YOU my aunt is MARRIED to your uncle and looked through his phone and SAW that Cynder was born a convexity dragon until malefore corrupted her and THEN she learned fire and when spyro used convexity on her THEN she learned the otehr elements NOW WHAT
---
sans Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#23458 Posted: 20:11:46 05/08/2021
she used fire in the first game and then randomly used other elements they retconned her element. she isn’t called breeze the dragon she’s cynder. why would a wind dragon be named after something related to fire? also just because someone said it in an interview about what they wanted to do doesn’t mean they executed it in canon. elb is a different studio than krome the original developer and they probably just wanted to give cynder different elements from spyro.

also for the whole “aerodynamic design” she might not have back spikes but her horns are NOT designs with flying in mind otherwise they would curve down instead of up.
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#23459 Posted: 20:59:47 05/08/2021
FAIR WARNING...

^actually thunder i do believe that was the common thought in the way back i dont quite know and i don t quite care i remember having some conversations way back though where the thought was that everything we saw was a result of corruption

Jared Pullen in fact - "(...)I'll sneak you a response a bit later on, but suffice it to say.... Cynder did not start life as a 'Dark/Shadow' elemental dragon ;) (Wink) And her color and subsequent markings are indeed the result of Malefor's corruptive ritual magics."

and in continuation

Jared Pullen - "The Lead Artist on ANB (Bruno Rime) for whom I have a tremendous amount of respect for had one wee condition on TLoS... I could draw everything that was to be, but the 'Anti-Spyro' was to be his baby ;) (Wink) And that is totally fair, as Bruno is one heck of a great guy and Lead. He came back a week later and said 'So, she's going to be a BIG Scary Black Dragon... like the thing out of Sleeping Beauty... only worse!" That was the first time I'd heard mention of the character that was to be Cynder.... Bruno tried a few different variations on a sketch, showed me and we talked on line and angles and the way she was put together overall.... but Cynder was his from the very beginning. I never saw any color variations, but we had a conversation that Cynder was 'the product of her conditioning... and not inherently dark by breed or nature'.... we toyed with the idea that she 'was a flyer' and had connections to the air, to storms and specifically to the Wind ;) (Wink)...
So....

[So she was a wind dragon originally?]

There is that logic yes. While Bruno never said "Cynder is a Wind Dragon" - she was certainly put together as such and the connotations were there
There is ONE way to definitely answer this.. I'm in contact with Bruno and we do talk. He's a good mate of mine and while I believe this was the intention (to make Cynder a Wind Dragon originally) its always best to go to the source."

so she a wind dragon if any at all

Jared said the fire was part of the corruption if BRUNO is the guy who created EVERYTHING about Cynder then preeeeeeetty much yeah whatever he says is the closest you re gonna get to canon now by the time of dawn of the dragon euroeuro did whatever they wanted

and uh................................................. maybe???? to that interview part.... i m pretty sure if that wasn t the intention though he would have also said "heeeeeerhhh by the by we didn t really DO any O this stuffz" but i would say that s pretty much just cutting it down to the only stuff that s canon in ANYTHING is what we see in the actual materiel and the author or whoever it might be saying something shouldn t count lol
---
#23460 Posted: 21:01:04 05/08/2021
in addition i would THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINK that the guy who originated the character should hold the most water since it was his "baby" according to Jared
---
#23461 Posted: 21:20:42 05/08/2021
fire.

[User Posted Image]
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#23462 Posted: 21:22:48 05/08/2021
which was malefore corruption you dork
---
#23463 Posted: 21:26:23 05/08/2021
but the explanation for her having wind is that she was corrupted so her having wind isn't natural making fire her natural bada bing bada boom
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#23464 Posted: 21:36:38 05/08/2021
noooooooo that gibberish you just said made no sense read the interview again it cleary states that "Cynder did not start life as a 'Dark/Shadow' elemental dragon" WHAT is he referring to clearly her corrupted evil powers maybe what you re looking at isn t even fire it s "shadow fire" dark malefore corruption he LITERALLY JUST SAID THAT plus she doesn t use that or any other element in TEN so fire is just as much a dart in a dark room as you think wind is soooooo wind more evidence

also

"we toyed with the idea that she 'was a flyer' and had connections to the air, to storms and specifically to the Wind ;) (Wink)...
So....

There is that logic yes. While Bruno never said "Cynder is a Wind Dragon" - she was certainly put together as such and the connotations were there"
---
#23465 Posted: 21:40:12 05/08/2021
shadow fire doesn't exist that is fire.

they're dragons they're all "flyers"
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#23466 Posted: 21:43:56 05/08/2021
you don t know that you re not Jared or Bruno PLUS

"we toyed with the idea that she 'was a flyer' and had connections to the air, to storms and specifically to the Wind ;) (Wink)...
So....

There is that logic yes. While Bruno never said "Cynder is a Wind Dragon" - she was certainly put together as such and the connotations were there"

nothing about fire in there sorry
---
#23467 Posted: 21:46:47 05/08/2021
wow you so beat me that totally means she's a wind dragon and nothing else. never could she ever be anything else because a random person who worked on tlos said she MIGHT be a wind dragon smilie

LMAO i can't believe you think CYNDER is a WIND dragon!!!

[User Posted Image]
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#23468 Posted: 21:53:01 05/08/2021
yeah i know soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOO RANDOM of a person just you knooooow the artist who UH CREATED THE CHARACTER like WOOOW SO MUCH RESPECT TO THE ORIGINAL ARTIST RIGHT THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEREEEEE and look at your shutterstock dreamstime image you couldn t even get one without watermaaaarks
---
#23469 Posted: 21:54:39 05/08/2021
she's a fire dragon i work for nintendo also it's the first element we see her breathing smilie

her other elements are explained because of her corruption meaning she got wind from corruption and we should take the games as canon
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#23470 Posted: 21:58:51 05/08/2021
nice try i work for sega and own your avatar and she breathes it AS AN ADULT which is chronologically after her teen dawn of the dragon self and NOOOOPE Jared said her dark powers were all corruption but she was INITIALLYallLY conceptualized as having conections to the air SPECIFICALLY wind and that with that logic she is a wind dragon the COCNEPT is there.
---
#23471 Posted: 22:01:51 05/08/2021
the corruption gifted her with abilities most uncommon that's the quote and then he lists off elements she didn't previously have. "poison, fear, wind and shadow" notice how wind is there? that's because she didn't have it. because she's a fire dragon. she also is named cynder, a part of fire, came out of lava unharmed and well, again, dotd was made by elb which is a different developer. we can't take them seriously, so she should still be a fire dragon.
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#23472 Posted: 22:03:01 05/08/2021
i will not REST until the rest of the internet sees that Cynder was originally a fire dragon.

Put #CynderIsAFireDragon in your signatures or guestbook if you believe this as FACT. spread this around the internet people!!! become enlightened!!!!
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#23473 Posted: 22:06:35 05/08/2021
Quote: TheFlyingSeal
i will not REST until the rest of the internet sees that Cynder was originally a fire dragon.

Put #CynderIsAFireDragon in your signatures or guestbook if you believe this as FACT. spread this around the internet people!!! become enlightened!!!!

[User Posted Image]

- - -
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#23474 Posted: 22:12:13 05/08/2021
Quote: sans
the corruption gifted her with abilities most uncommon that's the quote and then he lists off elements she didn't previously have. "poison, fear, wind and shadow" notice how wind is there? that's because she didn't have it. because she's a fire dragon. she also is named cynder, a part of fire, came out of lava unharmed and well, again, dotd was made by elb which is a different developer. we can't take them seriously, so she should still be a fire dragon.

so like what noooooooow you re connect lick the floor that euroeuro walks ooooooooooooooooooooon quoting dawn of the dragon huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh while at the same time contradicting that saaaame ppoooooint UH YEAH SURE and way to continuously ignore how it s CONFIRMED THEYW EREN T THINKING OF FIRE

Quote: TheFlyingSeal

#CynderIsAWindDragon is more like it

we have

Bruno being her creator + Jared saying so + her having wind eventually + NO MENTION OF FIRE FROM THE CREATORS

vs

lava + she breathes fire in first game while corupted which creator says was corruption + fan SPECULATION BECAUUSE FIYAAAAAAAH

plus for those who keep referring to her name the dotd instructions called her CIDER so what about that huh
---
#23475 Posted: 22:19:26 05/08/2021
first off i think you need to calm down? you're being needlessly aggressive.

okay but the people who work on something can have their own headcanons and when interviewed push them on others even if other members of the team say otherwise. who cares what jared says. i sure don't! she's a fire dragon originally, when she first appears she uses fire. that's fact. that's in the games. that's fact.

there's no evidence of her using wind in the first two games it's something they pulled out of their ass last minute for dotd. it was mentioned as an element in ten to exist yes but not as her element. it was mentioned as one of malefor's.
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
Toriel Blue Sparx Gems: 672
#23476 Posted: 22:26:04 05/08/2021
Just to weigh in on this conversation, one small detail, needing supplementary materials and interviews to get the full story on a character or a piece of media is not how most people consume media, and not how media should have to be consumed. Needing to read the novelization on a movie to understand things in a film that people were shown to be absolutely foolish is not how media should be consumed. I shouldn't need to go looking for old interviews to understand the interpretation of a character that some artist has, I should be given all that I need within the game.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#23477 Posted: 22:31:40 05/08/2021
Quote: sans
first off i think you need to calm down? you're being needlessly aggressive.

okay but the people who work on something can have their own headcanons and when interviewed push them on others even if other members of the team say otherwise. who cares what jared says. i sure don't! she's a fire dragon originally, when she first appears she uses fire. that's fact. that's in the games. that's fact.

there's no evidence of her using wind in the first two games it's something they pulled out of their ass last minute for dotd. it was mentioned as an element in ten to exist yes but not as her element. it was mentioned as one of malefor's.

...............i do hope that you are joking and read my first reply to you cause if you were serious this whole time duuuuude LMFAO...... preeeeeetty sure Seal picked up on that but ANYWAY LIKE I WAS SAYING

Bruno the guy who worked with Jared LITERALLY created the character dude he LITERALLY made her up his word tooootally matters more than anyone elses if you don t care what bthey have to say then you have noooooOOOOOO respect for the artist who originated the character and for some reason value an ensemble of other peple who slapped the games together for no other reason than the fact it fits your theoryyyyyyyyyyyyy

WHY can t she use fire anymore then huh? why no fire in TEN why no fire in DOTD huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUH?
---
#23478 Posted: 22:35:26 05/08/2021
Quote: Toriel
Just to weigh in on this conversation, one small detail, needing supplementary materials and interviews to get the full story on a character or a piece of media is not how most people consume media, and not how media should have to be consumed. Needing to read the novelization on a movie to understand things in a film that people were shown to be absolutely foolish is not how media should be consumed. I shouldn't need to go looking for old interviews to understand the interpretation of a character that some artist has, I should be given all that I need within the game.

tell that to every artist/writer/author literally ever that is actually like a huge part of the tolkien mythology there s endless supplementary material and he s hailed as king yooo

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh SEMI serious post both krome and elb did a **** SHOW of a job i barely remember the games it s been liek 13 years and i don t give a **** i barely remembered Cynder had an element at all until Thunders post inspired me to find Jareds interview and i was like ooooooooooooOOOOH i forgot about thaaaaat i don t like spyro not a fan
---
#23479 Posted: 22:39:15 05/08/2021
you're one to talk about respecting artists when you never credit artists when you post art huh?

she wasn't originally a wind dragon when she breathes fire i don't know what to tell you. she also had a dark colored egg so she was always a black dragon. in the flashback monochrome cutscenes in ten when she's a baby she's still a dark colored dragon before she's corrupted and still had her markings (which makes what jared said incorrect), otherwise she would be lighter colored. so she's always been a black fire dragon, according to the GAMES. which is what i'm analyzing.

sometimes the creators are simply incorrect when the media shows otherwise! she breathed fire. and then in ten she doesn't breathe anything but if she did it probably would've been fire. and then no one cares about dotd because it's basically plot hole the game.
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#23480 Posted: 22:51:17 05/08/2021
lmfaaaaoooo bringing back an old conversation you CLEARLY CAN T REMEMBER specifically i said ALWAYS credit artiststs go back and read it again sweetuuuums i don t repost other peoples art but i would credit if i diiiiid i said reposting is fine i let people repost my art aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall of the time and my world doesn t impode (unpopular opinion i know) i ve been an artist longer than half of you guys have been alive AND JARED DREW THE ART YOU RE SAYING MATTERS MORE LMFAO

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh sometimes the media is incorrect when it doesn t show what the creators intendeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed? i mean you sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee are not listeninnnnnnng????

can you please directly confirm that we are on the same page i m not trying to hurt any bodys feelings here man and i don t feel comfortable continuing this unless you know i m joking because you APPEAR to be getting a little bit carried away
---
#23481 Posted: 22:54:43 05/08/2021
i haven't been serious about this this entire time but i have this to say

fire

[User Posted Image]
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#23482 Posted: 22:55:42 05/08/2021
okay good in that case
---
#23483 Posted: 23:01:37 05/08/2021
AIRODYNAMIC

[User Posted Image]

CLEARLY SHE HAS WIND

[User Posted Image]

PLUS

[User Posted Image]

WORD

OF

GOD

like lol you are literally so unbelievably dense as to NOT understand that the originaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAL CREATOR SAID SO that she was IF ANYTHING a wind dragon i mean come on now you can post that screenshot but all it shows is a CORRUPTED CYNDER probably breathing CORRUPTEDED FIRE

duh
---
#23484 Posted: 23:03:10 05/08/2021
by your logic spyro is a wind dragon too and so are all the dragons because they can fly : \

but also cynder in the first game is the LEAST aerodynamic of them all (next to terrador) because she has a lot of holes in her wings meaning she would fall like a sack of potatoes
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#23485 Posted: 23:05:44 05/08/2021
no the aerodynamic part is......................UGH LIKE DUUUUH the aerodynamic part is just ADDITION we can confirm spyro is not a wind because purple and terrador because he USES EARTH and ignitus because FIRE etc etc and JARED said she is more aerodynamitic and his word amtters more than physics this is fiction silly
---
#23486 Posted: 23:10:40 05/08/2021
but you're missing the fact her name is cinder sweaty : | cinders aren't wind
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#23487 Posted: 23:19:06 05/08/2021
CIDER according to the dawn of the dragon instruction manuuuuuual and guess what cinders do......................................................... drift............................ in the wind BA DUH BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
---
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#23488 Posted: 00:39:39 06/08/2021
cynder is undead in skylanders

case closed :)
---
Soon.
#23489 Posted: 00:43:45 06/08/2021
should i say it.....................................................................? probably shouldn t say it
---
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#23490 Posted: 01:11:33 06/08/2021
say it
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
#23491 Posted: 01:12:48 06/08/2021
if only cynder was DEAD instead
---
#23492 Posted: 01:13:06 06/08/2021
there i said it i deserve the death
---
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#23493 Posted: 01:26:07 06/08/2021
nah, jokes on you lindsey, cause cynder IS dead, just like spyro, and the entire franchise BOOM
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
#23494 Posted: 01:33:52 06/08/2021
...........................................................................................................................................................**** I LOST
---
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#23495 Posted: 03:42:54 06/08/2021
Man I got ****ing schooled by a Seal that can fly.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2329
#23496 Posted: 06:10:03 06/08/2021
You're all wrong, you've been bamboozled.
Cynder is a triangle dragon.
[User Posted Image]
#23497 Posted: 06:28:20 06/08/2021
Quote: skylandersfan60
You're all wrong, you've been bamboozled.
Cynder is a triangle dragon.
[User Posted Image]

the image brokeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed i wanted to see the confirmatioooooooooooooooon!!!! THIS IS A REVELATION TO ME
---
#23498 Posted: 06:28:37 06/08/2021
also guilty gear pic mood today
---
First | Previous | Page 470 of 519 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 468 469 470 471 472 ... 517 518 519

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me