Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 467 of 520 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 465 466 467 468 469 ... 518 519 520
Random Thought Topic [STICKY]
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4397
#23301 Posted: 06:34:44 24/06/2021
I cant believe some people genuinely don't like pineapple on pizza. They're missing out on the sweetness of Hawaiian pizza... Canadian bacon and pineapple mixed with the mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce create the perfect balance between sweet and savory...

Man. Now I'm hungry for Hawaiian Pizza.
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#23302 Posted: 04:23:14 25/06/2021
[User Posted Image]
- - -
NSane Bandicoot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3138
#23303 Posted: 15:23:41 25/06/2021
society.
---
Just me in my world of Enemies! | NSane Bandicoot? Nah
sans Gold Sparx Gems: 2251
#23304 Posted: 18:18:17 25/06/2021
uhmmmmm ermmmmmm can people not include random people they don't know in weird comments thanks
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#23305 Posted: 20:43:13 25/06/2021
if your only personality trait is to **** on everything get a life
#23306 Posted: 17:05:00 26/06/2021
Remember when people said 2016 was the worst year because celebs died
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2375
#23307 Posted: 17:45:33 27/06/2021
[User Posted Image]
-----
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#23308 Posted: 06:27:11 29/06/2021
why do playing video games make me feel stoned?
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4397
#23309 Posted: 08:37:17 01/07/2021
Man. Ever since one thing happened, I've been scared to lose gaming progress. Now that I know it is possible to lose yet another game's save, and fairly easily too, I've been terrified D":
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
YesterdayFemmey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1221
#23310 Posted: 04:24:37 03/07/2021
****, i missed farley friday. why am i even here?
---
How many centuries have I spent in this utterly failed life?
NSane Bandicoot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3138
#23311 Posted: 20:46:04 04/07/2021
Friendship ended with Yellow Sparx now Gold Sparx is my best friend
---
Just me in my world of Enemies! | NSane Bandicoot? Nah
#23312 Posted: 21:40:11 04/07/2021
[User Posted Image]

- - -
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2375
#23313 Posted: 22:44:06 04/07/2021
If anyone wants good avatars:
https://tmg-icons.livejournal.com/16533.html#cutid1
https://sonic-icon-zone.livejournal.com/
#23314 Posted: 05:13:40 05/07/2021
old people don't have rights
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#23315 Posted: 00:55:37 07/07/2021
Pro tip. If you're making instant ramen use broth instead of water. I personally use a chicken and beef mix. Adding crushed garlic makes it better with the flavor packets as well. I like to add an egg during the last 30 seconds to make it like egg drop soup. Adding meat helps too
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9966
#23316 Posted: 12:59:19 07/07/2021
Gonna be honest sP I never thought of that and you just opened my eyes to a whole new heaven
---
Twinkies and 2hus
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8585
#23317 Posted: 20:34:27 07/07/2021
Why is Marvel so obsessed with the 50s?
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#23318 Posted: 23:29:38 07/07/2021
every episode of cws the flash

bad guy: you can never catch me flash *walks off screen*
flash: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12108
#23319 Posted: 08:36:59 08/07/2021
I kid you not. I saw someone today whose middle name is Sephiroth.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:39:13 08/07/2021 by Spyro Fanatic
Strawberry15 Yellow Sparx [online] Gems: 1765
#23320 Posted: 16:19:49 08/07/2021
Petition to make another isekai rp thread
#23321 Posted: 22:34:43 08/07/2021
agree
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#23322 Posted: 19:21:55 09/07/2021
i'm barely awake, why am i checking the site
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#23323 Posted: 19:30:54 09/07/2021
just going to repeat what danny said yesterday the rules ARE different per user and everyone has always known that like come on former mods openly admit it lol you know you have control come ooooooooooooon not that there s anything to mod around here these days but hey
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#23324 Posted: 19:38:44 09/07/2021
also god daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#23325 Posted: 01:08:56 10/07/2021
debating on streaming pokemon or genshin and then remembering that I haven't streamed in over a week so my viewership died back to single digits
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#23326 Posted: 06:18:12 10/07/2021
I really do like Kid Cudi
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#23327 Posted: 07:26:16 10/07/2021
owl house season 2 episode 5 spoilers
gay people are real now
---
Soon.
#23328 Posted: 07:36:58 10/07/2021
my gripe with the moderation on ds isn't that people who i think should get in trouble don't, it's that people who i think shouldn't do.

why do we even care what people throw into this dumpster fire anymore? as long as it's not law breaking stuff or bullying, y'know...

i was gonna post that somewhere else, but yeah, lol
---
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#23329 Posted: 08:16:17 10/07/2021
Quote: LeewweewoowheeH
just going to repeat what danny said yesterday the rules ARE different per user and everyone has always known that like come on former mods openly admit it lol you know you have control come ooooooooooooon not that there s anything to mod around here these days but hey

We openly admit that stuff happened in the pass and are trying to be better about it. During my time not being a mod I realized and learned that I generally am not fit to be a mod because I act more out on feelings. Especially at that time when someone was on the forum that actively abusing and manipulating us left and right. Now that they're gone it's actually quite nicer

If you have a problem with the mods, either stand up and talk to the mod themselves or just report the posts that break the rules.
Sorry pussy footing it like this doesn't get anyone anywhere and I'm actually kind of sick of it now. Either be forward and pm them or just... Report and move on really.

OH FYI A fair chunk of the mods now, have paying jobs/families. They're not going to catch everything, but everything reported will show up as a notification to them.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#23330 Posted: 18:52:51 10/07/2021
Quote: YesterdayFemmey
my gripe with the moderation on ds isn't that people who i think should get in trouble don't, it's that people who i think shouldn't do.

why do we even care what people throw into this dumpster fire anymore? as long as it's not law breaking stuff or bullying, y'know...

i was gonna post that somewhere else, but yeah, lol

I'm sorry, let me get this straight, your issue is that there is moderation at all in the first place? And that you're upset because something posted in the past got...moderated?

Dude, why even go on the internet at all then? True, each mod's judgement is different. The moderation team is not a monolith, and it's possible for a mod to think one post breaks the rules while another disagrees and thinks its fine. That's what's tricky about having and running a moderation team, and y'know, I can understand the frustration if things are inconsistent.

But they're not. The mods have honestly done a good job at cleaning up topics when things start to get messy or when something is inappropriate. It might take a while because all of them are grown adults who have lives, a job, school, etc. but they get it done eventually, especially if you report it. Sometimes topics get closed/deleted not because what the OP posted was bad, but because of what other people have done to the topic. It's frustrating, sure, but it's ignorant and frankly entitled to be upset about the mods doing their job well.

Besides, who cares if a topic you thought was funny got closed or deleted. Like you said, why even care what anyone throws in this dumpster fire, right?
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#23331 Posted: 19:45:23 10/07/2021
^no.

i just said that my problem isn't that the mods let the popular people get away with stuff, it's that they seem to go overboard on the unpopular people. and really, it's not an issue of the mods themselves imo. the issue is that only the unpopular people get reported, and it has nothing to do with the content being more objectionable, and everything to do with them being targeted by other users.

where did "as long as it's not law breaking stuff or bullying" get lost anyway?

my point is that i prefer the more laid back moderation that the site usually offers. i don't like that there are certain people that don't get the same, equal treatment. because clearly no one here cares when people make ****posts and whatnot because they don't report it if it's someone they like. but if it's someone they don't like, now the mods are on speed dial.

so, like, none of that third paragraph has any relevance to what i'm saying.

and that reversal just doesn't work... my point is who cares what goes in. that would be who cares what doesn't go in. i'm saying it should be (relatively) anything goes so to speak. you're saying the opposite. so yeah, i care, because i care about fairness and equal treatment.
---
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#23332 Posted: 20:09:41 10/07/2021
^no.

i just said that my problem isn't that the mods let the popular people get away with stuff, it's that they seem to go overboard on the unpopular people. and really, it's not an issue of the mods themselves imo. the issue is that only the unpopular people get reported, and it has nothing to do with the content being more objectionable, and everything to do with them being targeted by other users.

my point is that i prefer the more laid back moderation that the site usually offers. i don't like that there are certain people that don't get the same, equal treatment. because clearly no one here cares when people make ****posts and whatnot because they don't report it if it's someone they like. but if it's someone they don't like, now the mods are on speed dial.

and that reversal just doesn't work... my point is who cares what goes in. that would be who cares what doesn't go in. i'm saying it should be (relatively) anything goes so to speak. you're saying the opposite. so yeah, i care, because i care about fairness and equal treatment.

Ah, okay, I think I see what you're trying to get at here. You're not upset at the mods themselves really, but you're upset because other people don't really report posts against the rules unless it's done by someone they don't like? I can understand that, honestly. There have been times where people have been really harsh on a user just because they don't like them even if they weren't doing anything wrong at that moment. I mean, the most recent user that got banned did that all the damn time, but thankfully the mods ignored most of it. But still, I get that.

I think what happened here was with your wording. Your first post was in response to Gharlant in sP's topic saying "haha I wouldn't get away if I posted something like this" to something that did eventually got moderated. You reply to him saying that of course he wouldn't because "different users have different rules here," which sorta implies the moderators on the site are biased.

Then in the post I responded to, I took it as if you were saying you were upset because the moderators were just doing their jobs (which is a VERY common thing to see on the internet, like the "taking the mods out for a walk" meme). I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, I see where you're coming from now.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#23333 Posted: 20:12:03 10/07/2021
^no.

tbh I think the site has no clear rules on what can and can't be said. Like really look on the forum rules page it hasn't been updated in years. so users and mods kinda just assume what should and shouldnt be said based on what they think is morally right
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:18:34 10/07/2021 by somePerson
derpyhooves Platinum Sparx Gems: 5698
#23334 Posted: 20:15:26 10/07/2021

i'm pretty sure that before most of the current users grew up, dS was really bringing in a large percentage of users who were children than adults? and with all due respect, i don't think the mods have too much time on their hands to skim through every post, all day long. most of them have either demanding jobs or a really rough situation to handle right now. i don't really think they get paid to do the things that dark asks them to either unlike other sites that WILL pay their moderation team (even if it's not the most). there's a lot more factors, but it's not really about who's popular and who's not. at least in my opinion.

i also feel like there's something to do with any user's track record, because there are some users that still lurk who aren't the best choice of people if that makes sense? some people may even get slaps on the wrist that you don't really see, so whoever may or may not do it next might be aware of it and try to screw with the mods a lot more to get them put on hot water. there's a lot of ****-starters who circulate the site.

if you see something you don't like, then report it. it's easier for the mods to see, everyone will get proper repercussion if it's against the tos of the site... that's what i do when i see something i don't like. smilie
#23335 Posted: 18:33:25 11/07/2021
@TheFlyingSeal

yes, that's what i meant. and i can see where it was confusing now, so no worries.

my post in here was kind of in response to iceclaw's post in the isekai topic saying that i should report stuff i have a problem with, and i was just kind of meaning to say that that wouldn't solve my problem because it's not that i feel like people are getting away with stuff that they shouldn't but that people are being unfairly targeted by some users, and since they're the only ones who get reported, that's what the mods generally act on by default.

as someone who works up to 10 hours a day on weekdays and some weekends, i understand fully that life gets in the way of what is definitely not a full time job.

@somePerson

this is actually true. i'm pretty sure that if we were still playing by those old rules we would all deserve a ban.

@derpyhooves

okay, tbh it took me a minute there to figure out how what you were saying related to the portion of my post that you quoted, but i think i figured it out, and i think there may have been a misunderstanding.

when i said "where did 'as long as it's not law breaking stuff or bullying' get lost anyway?" that was in response to TheFlyingSeal thinking that i was upset about moderation whatsoever. basically, i was trying to point out that this wasn't the case, because i had actually insisted that there be moderation to prevent bullying and illegal stuff.

correct me if i'm wrong, but did you take that quote to mean that these things were no longer being moderated on ds? if so, yeah, what i was getting at was not that but what i just stated above.
---
First | Previous | Page 467 of 520 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 465 466 467 468 469 ... 518 519 520

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me