Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Skylanders Novels, Comics, and Activity Books Thread
First | Previous | Page 7 of 21 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20 21
Skylanders Novels, Comics, and Activity Books Thread [STICKY]
blueheaven Yellow Sparx Gems: 1197
#301 Posted: 10:27:24 09/06/2014
Master Eon's Swap Force Official Guide is now out in the UK.
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#302 Posted: 11:57:29 09/06/2014
Quote: Matteomax
[User Posted Image]

Brand spankin' new book set, featuring Trap Team. Note Krypt King.

I know he was not officially revealed when this was posted but I changed anyway
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#303 Posted: 14:41:38 26/06/2014
Mask of Power 5 (Cynder Confronts the Weather Wizard) is now available in the UK. Book 6 (Stump Smash Crosses the Bone Dragon) will follow in October.

[User Posted Image]
#304 Posted: 15:40:08 01/07/2014
Mask of Power 7 is coming early in 2015. It's called Eruptor Meets the Nightmare King, and it stars Eruptor alongside Grim Creeper and Slam Bam.
Diggeh Emerald Sparx Gems: 3153
#305 Posted: 18:08:13 01/07/2014
So...when are these coming out in the U.S.? Terrafin Battles the Boom Brothers still isn't even on Kindle yet.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#306 Posted: 01:39:46 07/07/2014
So, as much as the novels are good with the in-depth characters. Who else is looking forward to the comic books?
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#307 Posted: 16:05:54 09/07/2014
I ordered Skylanders Universe: the Complete Collection on Amazon today. How detailed is it, and does it have all the upgrades in it?
---
You can't handle MEMES
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#308 Posted: 15:36:08 11/07/2014
[User Posted Image]

Skylanders #0
The comic debut of Skylanders! Unavailable anywhere else!! This Zero Issue focuses on all your fan-favorite characters and featuring a prequel story tying directly into the new Skylanders Trap Team videogame. The convention exclusive cover by Fico Ossio and David Garcia Cruz features Spyro, Stealth Elf, and Trigger Happy.
$5, Limited to 700 copies, 5 per person
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#309 Posted: 15:50:10 11/07/2014
Quote: ninja9351
[User Posted Image]

Skylanders #0
The comic debut of Skylanders! Unavailable anywhere else!! This Zero Issue focuses on all your fan-favorite characters and featuring a prequel story tying directly into the new Skylanders Trap Team videogame. The convention exclusive cover by Fico Ossio and David Garcia Cruz features Spyro, Stealth Elf, and Trigger Happy.
$5, Limited to 700 copies, 5 per person

Holy carp! They look fantastic! The detail on Spyro's horns and Triggs' fur.! Can't wait to see more!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:56:32 11/07/2014 by HeyitsHotDog
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#310 Posted: 20:08:01 19/07/2014
Do you guys have the info on Skylanders #1?

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Quote:
Skylanders #1 (of 5)—SPOTLIGHT
Ron Marz, David A. Rodriguez (w) • David Baldeon, Mike Bowden & Various (a) • Fico Ossio (c)
The smash-hit videogame and toy sensation, Skylanders, makes its comic book debut this fall! This all-new series will focus on fan-favorite characters and features stories tying directly into the videogames that cannot be found anywhere else!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Skylanders #1 (of 5)—Subscription Variant
Ron Marz (w) • David Baldeon, Mike Bowden & Various (a) • Mike Bowden (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
Skylanders is one of the Top 20 best-selling video games of all-time in just 2 years!
Skylanders figures outsold all top action-figure lines worldwide for two years running!
Available as comics and/or hardcover collection!
Featuring stories by fan-favorite writer, Ron Marz!
Variant Cover by Sean Galloway!

Also there was this. Not sure if this is a variant on Skylanders #0. Edit: Nope, it's a the top of the page, oopsie. This has more information on it at least, including pricing.

[User Posted Image]

Quote:
Skylanders: The Kaos Trap—SPOTLIGHT
Ron Marz, David A. Rodriguez (w) • Mike Bowden, David Baldeón, and more (a) • Fico Ossio (c)
The #1 kids videogame and hottest-selling toy, SKYLANDERS, is coming to your bookshelf in all-new comic book adventures! Join fan-favorite characters Spyro, Stealth Elf, Trigger Happy, and more in these original, never-before-seen stories that tie directly into the videogames.
HC • FC • $9.99 • 80 pages • 6” x 9” • ISBN: 978-1-63140-141-1

Bullet points:
Skylanders is one of the Top 20 best-selling video games of all-time in just 2 years!
Skylanders figures outsold all top action-figure lines worldwide for two years running!

That's a lot of comic.
---
Eh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:11:28 19/07/2014 by Burning Gnorc
#311 Posted: 20:27:21 19/07/2014
Quote: Burning Gnorc
Do you guys have the info on Skylanders #1?

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Quote:
Skylanders #1 (of 5)—SPOTLIGHT
Ron Marz, David A. Rodriguez (w) • David Baldeon, Mike Bowden & Various (a) • Fico Ossio (c)
The smash-hit videogame and toy sensation, Skylanders, makes its comic book debut this fall! This all-new series will focus on fan-favorite characters and features stories tying directly into the videogames that cannot be found anywhere else!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Skylanders #1 (of 5)—Subscription Variant
Ron Marz (w) • David Baldeon, Mike Bowden & Various (a) • Mike Bowden (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
Available as comics and/or hardcover collection!
Featuring stories by fan-favorite writer, Ron Marz!
Variant Cover by Sean Galloway!

Also there was this. Not sure if this is a variant on Skylanders #0. Edit: Nope, it's a the top of the page, oopsie. This has more information on it at least, including pricing.

[User Posted Image]

Quote:
Skylanders: The Kaos Trap—SPOTLIGHT
Ron Marz, David A. Rodriguez (w) • Mike Bowden, David Baldeón, and more (a) • Fico Ossio (c)
The #1 kids videogame and hottest-selling toy, SKYLANDERS, is coming to your bookshelf in all-new comic book adventures! Join fan-favorite characters Spyro, Stealth Elf, Trigger Happy, and more in these original, never-before-seen stories that tie directly into the videogames.
HC • FC • $9.99 • 80 pages • 6” x 9” • ISBN: 978-1-63140-141-1

Bullet points:

That's a lot of comic.

Cool to see Jet-Vac, the other variant cover with Trigger Happy is scary though. Hopefully, we'll get an art style like issue #0.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#312 Posted: 21:05:18 19/07/2014
Ew... That Spyro on the second cover looks UH-GLY!
#313 Posted: 11:04:39 12/08/2014
The brand new Skylanders 2015 Official Annual is out now.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/pro...&pf_rd_i=468294

[User Posted Image]
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#314 Posted: 04:46:06 17/08/2014
Previews of the comic book pages

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Oh and there's gonna be 4 sections of the Kaos trap
[User Posted Image]

Skylanders Academy is gonna be drawn by Fico Ossio, the artist who did the Comic Con cover for the Comic Con comic.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#315 Posted: 11:06:25 17/08/2014
Quote: Trix Master 100
Previews of the comic book pages

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Oh and there's gonna be 4 sections of the Kaos trap
[User Posted Image]

Skylanders Academy is gonna be drawn by Fico Ossio, the artist who did the Comic Con cover for the Comic Con comic.

The art style looks SO much better!
---
conquertronina Blue Sparx Gems: 698
#316 Posted: 16:44:22 25/08/2014
Some folks have been asking when The Complete Collection will be released in the US. It's scheduled to come out in early February 2015, which I know is a while to wait. However, the US version will include all of the characters from Trap Team, so it's worth waiting for instead of ordering the UK version, which only goes through SWAP Force.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#317 Posted: 22:18:47 30/08/2014 | Topic Creator
New comic book covers for the upcoming comics released in October -

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#318 Posted: 06:22:37 31/08/2014
Dat Sidekick Cover looks very sweet!
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#319 Posted: 13:04:28 31/08/2014
wat no bop or breeze or others I don't care to name right now on the mini cover OH HELL NO
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#320 Posted: 17:41:09 31/08/2014
Where can you buy these? We have both #0's but don't know where to continue.
Thanks
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
#321 Posted: 05:53:21 02/09/2014 | Topic Creator
The other comics aren't out yet, they're going to be release in October.

The last Mask of Power novel is revealed, set to be released in March 2015.

Skylanders Mask of Power: Trigger Happy Targets the Evil Kaos
The race is on to reach the final segment of the Mask of Power! Can Kaos be stopped from piecing the Mask together and using it to terrorize Skylands? There's one giggling, gold-slinging gremlin who sure thinks so! Join Trigger Happy and the other heroic Skylanders in this thrilling conclusion to the Mask of Power story series.

New comic book set for release in February 2015 -

Skylanders: Legendary
"It's time to get "Legendary"! Join us for this special collection and marvel as your favorite Skylander characters face grueling tests, outrageous challenges, and the vilest of villains to gain Legendary status! Deja Vu, Jawbreaker, and Blades all get the spotlight in this volume featuring more great stories from the world's first-ever Skylanders comic book series! Not enough? Did we mention that the "Secret Origin of Trigger Happy" is included?!"
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:01:58 20/09/2014 by Aura24
conquertronina Blue Sparx Gems: 698
#322 Posted: 13:55:08 24/09/2014
The US version of the A-Z of Skylands box set, and the US Book of Elements: Air and Earth both go on sale tomorrow.

[User Posted Image]
The box has two books--the A-Z of Skylands, and Pick Your Portal: The Trouble with Doubles--plus stickers and a Cubee model of Gill Grunt.

[User Posted Image]
This is the last of the four books in the Book of Elements series.
#323 Posted: 08:29:35 26/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Found more comic covers that have comic book stories that tell the events before Trap Team, the Mini Skylanders enrolling into the Sklanders Academy. These comics come out in October -

"Skylanders Academy welcomes its entire class of new recruits! But, all the recruits might not be what they seem and it will take the help of Flynn, Tessa and even some of the new recruits themselves to try and expose the secret that could mean ultimate doom!"

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
#324 Posted: 11:17:54 26/09/2014
Quote: Aura24
The other comics aren't out yet, they're going to be release in October.

The last Mask of Power novel is revealed, set to be released in March 2015.

Skylanders Mask of Power: Trigger Happy Targets the Evil Kaos
The race is on to reach the final segment of the Mask of Power! Can Kaos be stopped from piecing the Mask together and using it to terrorize Skylands? There's one giggling, gold-slinging gremlin who sure thinks so! Join Trigger Happy and the other heroic Skylanders in this thrilling conclusion to the Mask of Power story series.

Book 8 also stars Food Fight, Smolderdash and Spyro (as well as loads of others), and it's a cracking end to the series!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#325 Posted: 12:10:28 26/09/2014
Why everyone looks so exaggerated and scary in the book covers... Sure, make an angle that makes their face look bigger, but it's harder to count how many don't look like their eyes are about to pop out.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#326 Posted: 16:55:19 26/09/2014
Im an artist..and im not to keen on the big puppy dog eyes all the time either...but its that drawers style.
In all and all the art work looks pretty good.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
#327 Posted: 18:25:30 26/09/2014
Quote: Phoenix_Lord
Im an artist..and im not to keen on the big puppy dog eyes all the time either...but its that drawers style.
In all and all the art work looks pretty good.

Currently majoring in art here - the coloring is AWESOME but not the lines. It was the same in the 0# comic - the angles were so exaggerated and everyone was just drawn all over the place that it was hard to tell what was going on because the attention is drawn to how oversized the faces and eyes are.
---
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#328 Posted: 04:01:36 27/09/2014
Yup....he loved dem googly eyes smilie ...and agreed he needs to work on his pen work.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#329 Posted: 00:17:35 28/09/2014
NO BOP
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#330 Posted: 07:53:13 29/09/2014 | Topic Creator
New Skylanders storybook featuring Spyro and the dragon Skylanders, set to be released next year in May 2015 - http://www.penguin.com/book/ta...p/9780448484860

Take Flight and Fight!
Younger fans of the Skylanders games and toys can continue the adventure in this 24-page 8x8 storybook starring Spyro and his dragon pals. When a fun afternoon turns competitive, can the dragons set aside their differences in time to save the day? Includes a sheet of colorful stickers.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:55:58 29/09/2014 by Aura24
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#331 Posted: 15:38:54 02/10/2014
So I got the Kaos Trap hardcover yesterday from Amazon, and I have to say that I am impressed. The story is actually decent, and I have been finding more to like about the art style as well. It's unfortunate that they keep putting out the same comics in so many forms though. I got issue #0 on ComiXology, which is basically replicated in the Kaos Trap. Issue #1 says it comes with an exclusive Trigger Happy story, so I suppose I'll get that, though there are also the Micro Fun Packs which I'll get for the traps and again replicate issues #1-#3...
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
#332 Posted: 16:07:05 02/10/2014
Quote: jbkaok
So I got the Kaos Trap hardcover yesterday from Amazon, and I have to say that I am impressed. The story is actually decent, and I have been finding more to like about the art style as well. It's unfortunate that they keep putting out the same comics in so many forms though. I got issue #0 on ComiXology, which is basically replicated in the Kaos Trap. Issue #1 says it comes with an exclusive Trigger Happy story, so I suppose I'll get that, though there are also the Micro Fun Packs which I'll get for the traps and again replicate issues #1-#3...

Mind telling us Triggs' story once you get it.
---
#333 Posted: 05:08:18 06/10/2014 | Topic Creator
I've got the hardcover copy of The Kaos Trap comic, and it reveals three stories that are connected and the last one being The Trap Masters comic released at Comic Con.

Tessa and Cali both have a crush on Flynn.
---
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#334 Posted: 18:30:59 06/10/2014
I've got the hardcover copy of The Kaos Trap comic, and it reveals three stories that are connected and the last one being The Trap Masters comic released at Comic Con.

Further spoiler in response to Aura:

I read that the Cali/Tessa/Flynn love triangle is kind of flat in the game, but it is definitely alive and well in the comic.
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
#335 Posted: 17:39:39 24/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Stump Smash Crosses the Bone Dragon was very tense.

Master Eon is kidnapped by a Warrior Librarian named Squirmgrub, who was in league with Kaos the whole time.

Spyro furiously blames Master Eon's kidnapping on Chief Curator Wiggleworth as he was the one who insisted the Book of Power to remain in the Eternal Archives where Squirmgrub can gain access to the book.

Spyro becomes temporary leader of the Skylanders in Eon's absence.

Spyro uses his trickery to make Glumshanks spill the beans where Kaos was.

Wrecking Ball eats one of the main antagonists whole.

Stump Smash was about to smash Kaos's frozen statue form into pieces, but recalls Spyro's words that they were Skylanders taught by Eon that they wouldn't hurt anyone, even their worst enemy.
---
#336 Posted: 17:49:44 24/10/2014
Stump Smash Crosses the Bone Dragon was very tense.

Master Eon is kidnapped by a Warrior Librarian named Squirmgrub, who was in league with Kaos the whole time.

Spyro furiously blames Master Eon's kidnapping on Chief Curator Wiggleworth as he was the one who insisted the Book of Power to remain in the Eternal Archives where Squirmgrub can gain access to the book.

Spyro becomes temporary leader of the Skylanders in Eon's absence.

Spyro uses his trickery to make Glumshanks spill the beans where Kaos was.

Wrecking Ball eats one of the main antagonists whole.

Stump Smash was about to smash Kaos's frozen statue form into pieces, but recalls Spyro's words that they were Skylanders taught by Eon that they wouldn't hurt anyone, even their worst enemy.

Wow, that is pretty tense. Also, where can I find the Skylanders Academy comic book, or at least look inside it? Same with the ones with Spyro.
---
#337 Posted: 17:56:57 24/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Spyro doesn't actually appear in the Skylanders Academy comic, but only appears in story flashbacks in both Mini but Mighty and the Skylanders Academy comics. He does have a cameo in the Trap Masters comic.
---
#338 Posted: 18:25:13 24/10/2014
Ok then, any idea where I can see or get the Skylanders Academy comic, either online or at a store?
---
#339 Posted: 18:39:46 24/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Both online, and in stores.
---
#340 Posted: 19:01:55 24/10/2014
Which websites and stores?
---
#341 Posted: 09:15:05 26/10/2014 | Topic Creator
The IDW Publishing website, Amazon, some stores like Gamestop have the Micro Comics that are the comics we already know/read, like "Mini but Mighty", "Forgetting Flynn", and "Welcome to Skylanders Academy".
---
Trexroarr Gold Sparx Gems: 2219
#342 Posted: 05:12:07 31/10/2014
So I think its now pretty safe to say that the Micro Comics are simply smaller reprints of the actual comics, and then said comics are collected in to a hardcover graphic novel edition later on.

"Forgetting Flynn", "Mini But Mighty" and "Welcome to Skylanders Academy", (plus comic #0) all made up the hardcover graphic novel "The Kaos Trap".

So what about the Legendary Micro Comics? Well it looks like we now have our answer.

"It's time to get "Legendary"! Join us for this special collection and marvel as your favorite Skylander characters face grueling tests, outrageous challenges, and the vilest of villains to gain Legendary status! Deja Vu, Jawbreaker, and Blades all get the spotlight in this volume featuring more great stories from the world's first-ever Skylanders comic book series! Not enough? Did we mention that the "Secret Origin of Trigger Happy" is included?!"

Coming February 17, 2015 in the US:

[User Posted Image]
---
Skylanders Collection smilie
78 S1 + 37 S2 + 16 S3 + 1 S4 + 19 LC + 8 Minis + 12 G + 25 SF + 13 TM + 2 EE + 34 Traps + 39 Items = 284 + 11 Chase = 295 Total
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:18:32 31/10/2014 by Trexroarr
#343 Posted: 05:47:46 31/10/2014 | Topic Creator
And these normal covers for the Legendary comics too as well -

"A bi-weekly event! The brand-new, three issue story arc, “Legendary”, starts right here! Join us for this special bi-weekly event as some of your favorite Skylander characters face grueling tests, outrageous challenges, and the vilest of villains to gain Legendary status!"

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:00:33 31/10/2014 by Aura24
#344 Posted: 11:48:42 31/10/2014
What I lie about the comic is that they're using ALL Skylanders across all games, not just the new ones.
---
eruptshake137 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1436
#345 Posted: 15:26:51 01/11/2014
I picked up issue one yesterday, and I have to say, I'm quite impressed. I probably need to get another issue or two before I can form a strong opinion.
---
Prepare for trouble. Make it double.

CATS
#346 Posted: 18:54:07 02/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Just got the Micro Comic Déjà Vu Over Againd and Again, and I must say I'm impressed.

I love how Spyro has a big role in helping Déjà Vu through her doubts.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:18:59 02/11/2014 by Aura24
epicLLOYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1880
#347 Posted: 18:35:05 10/11/2014
Quote: spyrocrash
Quote: LegendaryFlames
↑ Then how come Jet Vac is in the Spyro one?

It's possible Jet-Vac and the rest of the regular size Skylanders in Giants were already Skylanders before Spyro's Adventure. It's probably the same case with the other skylanders who weren't in the Battle for Skylands cutscene: they weren't present for the battle against Kaos' minions. Although, this makes it confusing on how all of them were sent to Earth when only Spyro, Gill Grunt, Trigger Happy, Terrafin, Stump Smash, and Slambam were fighting.

Not exactly you could see wrecking ball, wham-shell and so many others in the background.
#348 Posted: 19:04:15 10/11/2014
Quote: epicLLOYD
Quote: spyrocrash
Quote: LegendaryFlames
↑ Then how come Jet Vac is in the Spyro one?

It's possible Jet-Vac and the rest of the regular size Skylanders in Giants were already Skylanders before Spyro's Adventure. It's probably the same case with the other skylanders who weren't in the Battle for Skylands cutscene: they weren't present for the battle against Kaos' minions. Although, this makes it confusing on how all of them were sent to Earth when only Spyro, Gill Grunt, Trigger Happy, Terrafin, Stump Smash, and Slambam were fighting.

Not exactly you could see wrecking ball, wham-shell and so many others in the background.

I just picture The Beginning Trailer to be canon instead of the actual cutscene. All the Skylanders from SSA, Giants, SF, and at least a few from TT are present in the fight, but are unseen. This excludes the gimmick Landers.
---
#349 Posted: 21:16:02 10/11/2014
Funny Bone actually seems to be the only Core Skylander not recruited by Eon because Count Moneybone was only met in SF 3DS. The rest are mostly mentioned being recruited by Eon even in later games, meaning that they were somewhere else during the fight or were offscreen (and the Citadel is bigger than the game depicts it as it's seen in Giants' cutscene) and the new PM only finds them years later unlike the SSA crew. Gimmick landers are all known for not being in the Citadel then since they patrol elsewhere, and the Trap Team actually were thrown into Earth between SF and TT since any other placement would be a plot hole.
---
#350 Posted: 21:33:17 10/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Funny Bone's not the only one. Drobot and Trail Blazer sought out the Skylanders to join them.

And there are some Skylanders who invited the newer ones to join the team.
---
First | Previous | Page 7 of 21 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20 21

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me