Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Battlegrounds > What we know about Royal Double Trouble and Hidden Platinum Chest - Post info!
Page 1 of 1
What we know about Royal Double Trouble and Hidden Platinum Chest - Post info! [CLOSED]
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#1 Posted: 23:16:09 16/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Available Royal DT at Gamestop exclusively.
Platinum treasure chest only has ingame skin change, other unlocks are unknown

Pic of Royal Double Trouble
[User Posted Image]
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 16:49:02 22/11/2012 by DummyZ
sneakysneaky123 Blue Sparx Gems: 697
#2 Posted: 08:37:00 17/11/2012
Royal double trouble is just a varient and its not a silver chest its called platnium hidden chest
---
Krownz Red Sparx Gems: 88
#3 Posted: 18:34:45 17/11/2012
Was it necessary to make a new thread for this? There's like ten seperate threads for Battlegrounds already, all regurgitating the same mess of comments we've all gone through already. Do people just ignore the search function entirely?

Sorry, but I'm beginning to be disappointed with the lack of mods on this site. Stuff needs to be merged, trashed, stickied, and closed. Badly.
---
For the Horde!
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#4 Posted: 19:16:49 17/11/2012
Well that it to Dark. He may consider it.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
#5 Posted: 00:54:58 18/11/2012 | Topic Creator
this was just made as a point of info. place any info on it here so other people can see it? Okay? Simple.
Fernandez2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1119
#6 Posted: 01:43:10 18/11/2012
Quote: Krownz
Was it necessary to make a new thread for this? There's like ten seperate threads for Battlegrounds already, all regurgitating the same mess of comments we've all gone through already. Do people just ignore the search function entirely?

Sorry, but I'm beginning to be disappointed with the lack of mods on this site. Stuff needs to be merged, trashed, stickied, and closed. Badly.

I completely agree on all your points....but this forum seems to be mostly populated by younger kids who don't really care......and as for lack of moderation? The only moderation is......well, I'll just keep my mouth shut.....they'll probably delete it anyways.
#7 Posted: 14:12:31 18/11/2012 | Topic Creator
THIS WAS MADE TO GAIN INFO, SO STFU
Fernandez2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1119
#8 Posted: 22:03:57 18/11/2012
Quote: DummyZ
THIS WAS MADE TO GAIN INFO, SO STFU

To gain info? What the heck does that even mean?

There are about 3 other "general" info threads about Battlegrounds.....was there really a need to start a new one? LOL
#9 Posted: 16:00:36 19/11/2012 | Topic Creator
so that all info is posted here, so other people can see it. sorry if this topic was made before but there was only a news thread when i made so i thought it was ideal to create it
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#10 Posted: 16:03:57 19/11/2012
Quote: DummyZ
so that all info is posted here, so other people can see it. sorry if this topic was made before but there was only a news thread when i made so i thought it was ideal to create it

This seems like info that would be part of a news thread.
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
#11 Posted: 16:11:52 19/11/2012 | Topic Creator
But here we can post SPECIFIC info
RAakaFerrari Green Sparx Gems: 185
#12 Posted: 05:43:04 20/11/2012
Last time I checked, the Royal Double Trouble & Platinum Chest are/were exclusives to GameStop.
---
In need of Clear/Rock Variants/GITD Fright Rider.
fatherofskyland Green Sparx Gems: 223
#13 Posted: 12:18:15 20/11/2012
^ and where did you get that info from?
Alliana Green Sparx Gems: 311
#14 Posted: 12:37:46 20/11/2012
Quote: RAakaFerrari
Last time I checked, the Royal Double Trouble & Platinum Chest are/were exclusives to GameStop.

Seems legit

http://www.facebook.com/photo....&type=3&theater
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#15 Posted: 01:00:05 21/11/2012
Sadly, the Platinum Treasure Chest is exactly the same..
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#16 Posted: 01:01:44 21/11/2012
The Royal Double Trouble is Gamestop Exclusive, not the chest. They are available online.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
Peridot Weapon Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#17 Posted: 06:00:59 21/11/2012
Nodnod. That's why Best Buy doesn't have a zoomed-in image of the Skylanders: Battlegrounds product. Their description also says "Harness the unique abilities of Jet-Vac, Cynder and Double Trouble" compared to Gamestop's "3 Skylanders characters: Jet-Vac, Cynder and the limited edition Royal Double Trouble"
skyoutube Green Sparx Gems: 497
#18 Posted: 18:13:33 21/11/2012
[User Posted Image]
-----
#19 Posted: 16:47:38 22/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Awesome find skyoutube!
Thumpterra12 Ripto Gems: 120
#20 Posted: 23:43:34 22/11/2012
royal looks 5x as good as regular. i love him! i cant wait for my bday. MUST.HAVE.NOW!!!!
#21 Posted: 16:07:57 23/11/2012 | Topic Creator
^well you know, 10/10 would buy from ebay smilie
#22 Posted: 18:03:25 23/11/2012
i want the game. too. i also got the booster, so no jetty
Kurui Ripto Gems: 191
#23 Posted: 08:00:35 24/11/2012
Oh bleh, I didn't even notice this. smilie I wish I'd got the one from GameStop now. Because that Double Trouble looks <3333
#24 Posted: 14:00:12 24/11/2012
yeah. wouldve ordered from amazon, but i caught this at the last second
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#25 Posted: 02:33:25 29/11/2012
BTW royal DT is a true variant, he actually shows up on screen as series 2.
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
Hindsight Green Sparx Gems: 200
#26 Posted: 22:38:11 01/12/2012
Yea I picked him up today at GameStop and he does show up in your Collection as "Series 2 Royal - Double Trouble" so all the people saying he just showed up as a regular series two are full of it, and I'm glad I didn't listen to them.

The Platinum Treasure Chest looks totally normal though, which is a bummer, I hear it adds more stuff in the iOS game but we haven't tried it yet.
#27 Posted: 01:20:10 03/12/2012
They probably didnt get the gamestop exclusive, because that is just a regular DT
and the platinum chest gives you all the items and 10x more coins.
---
Hindsight Green Sparx Gems: 200
#28 Posted: 18:11:49 03/12/2012
Putting that Platinum Chest on the Portal for iOS was amazing.

It unlocks like, everything, and gives you a ton of items, item slots, etc.

You're basically buying gems by buying the pack, but you're getting a nice easy way to put your dudes into the game without having to type in the codes.

As Skylanders stuff goes, one of the better purchases that I've made.
#29 Posted: 23:04:53 04/12/2012
Royal Double Trouble gives no "perks" in-game for Skylanders: Giants (not that I was really expecting any). He starts at Level 1, with identical stats to his normal Series 2 counterpart.

As mentioned above, he's listed as a separate character ("Royal" listed instead of "Series 2," much like with Granite Crusher or Punch Pop Fizz), and counts as +1 Skylander owned and one closer to the 40 Orange Bases needed for Master of Skylands.

Unlike the Golden Dragonfire Cannon, the Platinum Treasure Chest is just a "Hidden Treasure" in Giants. Doesn't count as another object added to your collection (unless, of course, you never owned or registered the NORMAL Treasure Chest).

Basically just reaffirming what most people already know. smilie

And apparently Lost Islands comes out "Winter 2012" if I can believe the package. Which begs the question ... what have I been PLAYING for the last month?
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#30 Posted: 02:30:17 08/12/2012
^Thanks for that succinct post, Peridot Weapon. However, Quote: Peridot Weapon

As mentioned above, he's listed as a separate character ("Royal" listed instead of "Series 2," much like with Granite Crusher or Punch Pop Fizz), and counts as +1 Skylander owned and one closer to the 40 Orange Bases needed for Master of Skylands.

That's really unfortunate. I hope that means all of these variants are going to be available as a standalone because just getting starter packs alone for to complete everything would be over 200$ and results in having 2-3 Cynders and 2 Tree Rexes.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:31:31 08/12/2012 by Hexin_Wishes
#31 Posted: 04:12:54 08/12/2012
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
^Thanks for that succinct post, Peridot Weapon. However, Quote: Peridot Weapon

That's really unfortunate. I hope that means all of these variants are going to be available as a standalone because just getting starter packs alone for to complete everything would be over 200$ and results in having 2-3 Cynders and 2 Tree Rexes.

you could easily get the starter pack for one device, and portal owners for all the other.
oh, wait just kidding. gnarly tree rex = console starter
punch pop fizz = 3ds starter
RDT = mobile starter.
****it activision!
---
#32 Posted: 05:23:11 08/12/2012
Quote: SparCrux1101
you could easily get the starter pack for one device, and portal owners for all the other.
RDT = mobile starter.
****it activision!

And you'd STILL be missing Glow-in-the-Dark Cynder and his modified Portal from the Starters that came from the Wal-Mart console starters (and are no longer really carried on the shelves). I believe GiTD Cynder is most likely classified as another "Special" variant, like GiTD Sonic Boom or Amazon Red Flameslinger.

Given how most collection hunters already have standard Cynders coming out of their ears (that's gotta burn), GiTD Cynder fortunately doesn't seem to have that much of a price hike ... you can find her for less than $20 on eBay, even. Others, like GiTD Fright Rider, aren't as "reasonably" priced.

I wouldn't expect the console variants to ever be available by themselves unless you travel to the ends of the earth. Consider Dark Spyro, for example. He's one of the few "named" characters missing from my collection - and he's the only non-legendary other than Royal Double Trouble to be recognized by every game, which makes his omission feel relevant. (He's actually MORE relevant than Royal, who can't be used in Spyro's Adventure.)

Wasn't going to waste my money on EBay prices, though, and knew I'd never really play the 3DS Version. I should have just bought 3DS Spyro's Adventure when it was on sale for $50 and found a worthy home for the rest of the stuff ... smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:35:19 08/12/2012 by Peridot Weapon
#33 Posted: 05:30:04 08/12/2012
Quote: Peridot Weapon
RDT = mobile starter.
****it activision!

And you'd STILL be missing Glow-in-the-Dark Cynder and his modified Portal from the Starters that came from the Wal-Mart console starters (and are no longer really carried on the shelves). I believe GiTD Cynder is most likely classified as another "Special" variant, like GiTD Sonic Boom or Amazon Red Flameslinger.

I wouldn't expect the console variants to ever be available by themselves unless you travel to the ends of the earth. Consider Dark Spyro, for example. He's one of the few "named" characters missing from my collection - and he's the only non-legendary other than Royal Double Trouble to be recognized by every game, which makes his omission feel relevant. (He's actually MORE relevant than Royal, who can't be used in Spyro's Adventure.)

Wasn't going to waste my money on EBay prices, though, and knew I'd never really play the 3DS Version. I should have just bought 3DS Spyro's Adventure when it was on sale for $50 and found a worthy home for the rest of the stuff ... smilie

could you clarify about the modded portal? i never looked into that.
and i believe darkspyro was released as a single pack. (i bought the 3ds because of ingitor lol!)
---
#34 Posted: 05:40:24 08/12/2012
and i believe darkspyro was released as a single pack. (i bought the 3ds because of ingitor lol!)

There IS a single, "in package" Dark Spyro that exists, but you won't find it in any US or Canadian stores unless they imported it. I don't remember exactly where it was released (northern Ireland or something like that?), but that's why I said you had to travel to the ends of the earth to find one. smilie

As for the modified portal, I don't really know all the details on that, either - apparently it was built from a different material, so the sides were translucent and you could see the 'portal glow' around the side rim, causing the elemental symbols on the side of the portal to light up.

... here we go. You can see an example of it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzECh7bxXZI - how DID people survive before they could get visual examples of just about anything via Youtube?
#35 Posted: 06:36:47 08/12/2012

There IS a single, "in package" Dark Spyro that exists, but you won't find it in any US or Canadian stores unless they imported it. I don't remember exactly where it was released (northern Ireland or something like that?), but that's why I said you had to travel to the ends of the earth to find one. smilie

As for the modified portal, I don't really know all the details on that, either - apparently it was built from a different material, so the sides were translucent and you could see the 'portal glow' around the side rim, causing the elemental symbols on the side of the portal to light up.

... here we go. You can see an example of it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzECh7bxXZI - how DID people survive before they could get visual examples of just about anything via Youtube?

aww, great... now i hafta choose between this nifty mod, and gnarly tree rex. stupid acti, milking customers dry of their money.
---
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#36 Posted: 06:53:28 09/12/2012
RDT = mobile starter.
****it activision!

Given how most collection hunters already have standard Cynders coming out of their ears (that's gotta burn), GiTD Cynder fortunately doesn't seem to have that much of a price hike ... you can find her for less than $20 on eBay, even. Others, like GiTD Fright Rider, aren't as "reasonably" priced.

Glow in the Dark Cynder is a Special Variant, but there is no such thing as Red Flameslinger. I think your thinking of Bronze Flameslinger.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:57:13 09/12/2012 by Hazard335
lushipur Blue Sparx Gems: 950
#37 Posted: 09:15:18 09/12/2012
Skylanders from different zone works?
If i live in europe can i use american toys?
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#38 Posted: 09:38:14 09/12/2012
yes, all skylanders are made the same
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:38:26 09/12/2012 by Hazard335
#39 Posted: 12:00:23 09/12/2012
Quote: Hazard335
... there is no such thing as Red Flameslinger. I think your thinking of Bronze Flameslinger.

True, he's definitely more bronze than red. smilie He doesn't have an OFFICIAL name, though, other than W3124. (Assuming all Skylanders have the same ID codes on the bottom based on their model, that is.)

... and apparently that's not the case, either - looking at my Legion of Cynders, I have two S3127s and an L2129 (all standard Series 2). My Tree Rexes and Jet-Vacs are also one S3127, one L2129, and Royal Double Trouble is a S3127. L2129 is probably the console (or PS3) starter kit ID, and S3127 is for a portable release (whether iOS or 3DS).

Or maybe there's no rhyme or reason to those numbers at all, since Punch Pop Fizz is an S3126. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:01:26 09/12/2012 by Peridot Weapon
10bane01 Green Sparx Gems: 248
#40 Posted: 17:02:22 27/12/2012
Now, what about the regular Series 2 Double Trouble that is in the non-Gamestop starter? Are those counted as separate? After all, it does have a different sculpt than the actual Series 2 Double Trouble. Has anyone tried that?
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#41 Posted: 12:58:26 04/01/2013
Quote: 10bane01
Now, what about the regular Series 2 Double Trouble that is in the non-Gamestop starter? Are those counted as separate? After all, it does have a different sculpt than the actual Series 2 Double Trouble. Has anyone tried that?

I don't own one but based on how Series 2 Double Trouble works, I would assume he would be the same until someone can confirm otherwise? Royal Double Trouble works in Spyro's Adventure despite people keep saying he doesn't.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me