darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning > Which world is the worst in the legend of spyro?
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Which world is the worst in the legend of spyro? [CLOSED]
redthedragon Blue Sparx Gems: 831
#51 Posted: 03:10:07 27/06/2007
Quote: Lover of Spyro
i love Munitions Forge and hate Tall Plains!

smilie I think opposite!
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#52 Posted: 05:23:52 27/06/2007
Opinions about stages...

Well... rather than going with the most annoying first, I'll instead list them from most liked to least liked.

7-Munitions Forge (stage 5): Although the enemy difficulty is high, enemies are easily defeated by being thrown off cliffs and into lavas. Yet, due to said difficulty, it's actually challenging at the same time. This is also one of the only stages that has branching paths so it win points for that. Best platforming sequences in the game, too, with the moving platforms. Tons of destructible scenery too. Steam was definitely the game's best (and hardest) boss. Hands down.

6-Concurrent Skies (stage 6): Great atmosphere, high level of difficulty, a hard boss, and some branching paths (although no many). Oh and great music here, too. The only things that keep this one from beating Munitions Forge is that the big boss (Cynder 1) is easier than the mini-boss (Electric King), making for an anti-climatic fight. That and it has significantly less different paths than Munitions Forge.

5-Dante's Freezer (stage 3): The first real stage of the game is actually a pretty great one. Plenty of fighting, original theme (with the undead, war, and all), surreal foes, and the first proper boss of the game (Ice King), who actually come off as pretty challenging and cool. The difficulty is relatively low as it is a early-mid game stage making it trivial in new game + runs... but still, regardless, it is still a pretty good stage.

4-Convexity (stage 7): Absolutely great atmosphere and some really good platforming here too. This stage is not higher on the list for a good reason however: the main attraction, the last bosses, fall flat sadly. Cynder 2 is barely stronger than Cynder 1, having only one extra health bar and only one actually threatening new move. The actual final boss, Beserk Cynder, is a total pushover and a total letdown. After throwing a boss such as Steam on an earlier stage, this is innexcusable and very anti-climatic. I demand a proper final boss!

3-Tall Plains (stage 4): Don't get me wrong ; I like this stage... but it just drags on and the music and atmosphere make for a pretty boring trip. Furthermore, this stage is brutal ; it's much harder than Munitions Forge and on-par with Concurrent Skies. It also lose points for not being vertigo and platforming oriented, considering the name and premise. It further lose points for daring throwing a predictable, easy boss at you after forcing you through some serious opposition beforehand. While The Sentinel is not the easiest boss (title goes to stage 1's "boss" ), it's still a surprisingly anti-climatic boss considering the stage and the boss's appearance and introduction. Yet, despite all of the bad points, this stage manage to be likeable... but that's because I'm crazy and like evil challenges.

2-Swamp (stage 1): The first stage doesn't come any higher due to it being so short and since it feature the game's easiest boss. The Treant Trio (dunno what the true name is) are leagues away of any foe you'll be fighting until stage 3's Ice King, true... but as far as bosses go, it's the lowest of the low. This stage is mostly easy and as it is so short, it serves as little more as a "vessel" to carry the game's opening story. Don't get me wrong ; it's a good opening stage... but compared to what later stages throw at you, it's strongly underwhelming.

1-Dragon Temple (stage 2): The worst stage, hands down and the only one that actually IS annoying. It feature weak music, an incredibly low amount of foes, insultingly easy puzzles, and no boss at all. Unlike stage 1, which was balanced when it came to time spent playing vs time spent watching a cutscene, this one feature so little fighting and actual puzzle solving that it becomes boring and superficial-feeling. When a stage's most interesting feature is a single platforming segment that you saw, in a more interesting form, in a previous stage, there is a problem.

Well, that was my opinion on the game's stages.
Last edited at 05:54:32 27/06/2007 by Zerodius
Anonymous Fodder
#53 Posted: 14:02:38 27/06/2007
I seem to think of the Swamp and the Dragon Temple as one whole stage. Or if that's not the case, the latter shouldn't count as it actually serves more as a hub for training after certain levels.

I would have almost said Tall Plains for the weaker stage, though I enjoyed the gondola sequence to be honest with you. But now that I think of Convexity, that should have been given some expansion to it. It was nice to incorporate a bit of platforming before fighting Cynder for the last time (an awesome fight if not a little confusing when you fight her berserk form at first), but that's just it really - it's just a short stage. Though between you and me, I seem to be more appreciative of how it was percipted in the DS version with some more dynamic combat sequences thrown in prior to actually facing the boss.
Rexy Fodder
#54 Posted: 14:03:24 27/06/2007
And yes, I forgot to put my name in the guest comment. So now you know who I am. I need to sign up soon >.<
Miyuki Blue Sparx Gems: 687
#55 Posted: 23:50:42 28/06/2007
omg, i HATE dante's freezer. that level is so annoyng...

and i love tall plains. its fun to push the monkeys off the ledges and the scenery was really nice. =D
#56 Posted: 17:25:07 29/06/2007
Quote: Zerodius
Opinions about stages...

Well... rather than going with the most annoying first, I'll instead list them from most liked to least liked.

7-Munitions Forge (stage 5): Although the enemy difficulty is high, enemies are easily defeated by being thrown off cliffs and into lavas. Yet, due to said difficulty, it's actually challenging at the same time. This is also one of the only stages that has branching paths so it win points for that. Best platforming sequences in the game, too, with the moving platforms. Tons of destructible scenery too. Steam was definitely the game's best (and hardest) boss. Hands down.

6-Concurrent Skies (stage 6): Great atmosphere, high level of difficulty, a hard boss, and some branching paths (although no many). Oh and great music here, too. The only things that keep this one from beating Munitions Forge is that the big boss (Cynder 1) is easier than the mini-boss (Electric King), making for an anti-climatic fight. That and it has significantly less different paths than Munitions Forge.

5-Dante's Freezer (stage 3): The first real stage of the game is actually a pretty great one. Plenty of fighting, original theme (with the undead, war, and all), surreal foes, and the first proper boss of the game (Ice King), who actually come off as pretty challenging and cool. The difficulty is relatively low as it is a early-mid game stage making it trivial in new game + runs... but still, regardless, it is still a pretty good stage.

4-Convexity (stage 7): Absolutely great atmosphere and some really good platforming here too. This stage is not higher on the list for a good reason however: the main attraction, the last bosses, fall flat sadly. Cynder 2 is barely stronger than Cynder 1, having only one extra health bar and only one actually threatening new move. The actual final boss, Beserk Cynder, is a total pushover and a total letdown. After throwing a boss such as Steam on an earlier stage, this is innexcusable and very anti-climatic. I demand a proper final boss!

3-Tall Plains (stage 4): Don't get me wrong ; I like this stage... but it just drags on and the music and atmosphere make for a pretty boring trip. Furthermore, this stage is brutal ; it's much harder than Munitions Forge and on-par with Concurrent Skies. It also lose points for not being vertigo and platforming oriented, considering the name and premise. It further lose points for daring throwing a predictable, easy boss at you after forcing you through some serious opposition beforehand. While The Sentinel is not the easiest boss (title goes to stage 1's "boss" ), it's still a surprisingly anti-climatic boss considering the stage and the boss's appearance and introduction. Yet, despite all of the bad points, this stage manage to be likeable... but that's because I'm crazy and like evil challenges.

2-Swamp (stage 1): The first stage doesn't come any higher due to it being so short and since it feature the game's easiest boss. The Treant Trio (dunno what the true name is) are leagues away of any foe you'll be fighting until stage 3's Ice King, true... but as far as bosses go, it's the lowest of the low. This stage is mostly easy and as it is so short, it serves as little more as a "vessel" to carry the game's opening story. Don't get me wrong ; it's a good opening stage... but compared to what later stages throw at you, it's strongly underwhelming.

1-Dragon Temple (stage 2): The worst stage, hands down and the only one that actually IS annoying. It feature weak music, an incredibly low amount of foes, insultingly easy puzzles, and no boss at all. Unlike stage 1, which was balanced when it came to time spent playing vs time spent watching a cutscene, this one feature so little fighting and actual puzzle solving that it becomes boring and superficial-feeling. When a stage's most interesting feature is a single platforming segment that you saw, in a more interesting form, in a previous stage, there is a problem.

Well, that was my opinion on the game's stages.

Convexity rox!
Concurrent skies sucks!
Last edited at 21:27:50 29/06/2007 by redthedragon
RedWelshDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#57 Posted: 19:40:38 30/06/2007
Y'know, I am totally amazed at how long this topic has lasted.
---
College is a refuge from hasty judgement.

Definition of a college lecturer: someone who talks in other peoples sleep.
Dragginwings Gold Sparx Gems: 2279
#58 Posted: 20:23:19 04/07/2007
Lol, me too. But I liked Concurrent Skies. Very....mysterious? And Convexity is very creepy! I loved it, even though it is pretty pointless.
teh insomniac Fodder
#59 Posted: 17:27:41 08/07/2007
I thought convexity was awesome until I got lost umpteen and a half times. And then at the end the boss fight was a total let down. I jumped on squids for hours on end just to have cutscenes fight cynder for me. I liked the stuff in there though, the weird things in there looked so cool and creepy and creative
#60 Posted: 19:02:19 08/07/2007
Creative is right.
Dont ask Fodder
#61 Posted: 17:46:24 09/07/2007
The whole games needs work except for the first level!
#62 Posted: 20:01:31 09/07/2007
I suppose they really do!
---

Cynder 1500 Blue Sparx Gems: 819
#63 Posted: 20:59:40 14/07/2007
I like the levels in this order (the higher the number, the more I like it)
1) the Temple/Swamp: Too easy
2) Dante's Freezer: too many new enemies
3) Convexity: NO ENEMIES?????? well, becides Cynder
4) Tall Plains: too few save points
5) Concurrent Skies: this is a fun level, noting else to say
6) Muntions Forge: Rocks!!!!!!! Plus, you fly at the end of the level
---
http://CrystalWildfyr.dragonadopters.com/dragon_2353 Please help my lonely dragon!
kyle katarn Green Sparx Gems: 172
#64 Posted: 13:28:06 18/07/2007
i think they were all godd butt i think the worst level was the 5 one
---
spyro the dragon 2 rocks
spyro_lover17 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1398
#65 Posted: 13:17:22 19/07/2007
Concurrent Skies (It's way to long and way to much killing it bugs me but it's ok because you get to face Cynder for the first time)
Dante's Frezzer ( I always forget about this level and I just dont like it)
Dojo ( I like the dojo but I dont like the first one with Ignitus because it's hard to understand)
Tall plains (It's ok but it is a little hard)
Munitions Forge (I like this level it's easy and the manwersmalls are so cute)
Convexity ( I love this level partly because you get to face Cynder and because it's fun jumping and flying on the rocks)
BlueFlame Green Sparx Gems: 209
#66 Posted: 14:01:50 19/07/2007
I absoultly hated Munitions Forge. For a long time I couldn't figure out how to get past that part with the train.... smilie
#67 Posted: 21:58:23 19/07/2007
Thank you, BlueFlame! I thought I'd be the only one that had trouble with the train part... Then I noticed that they put a hint at the bottom of the screen (console version) at the start of the fight.
Pyro girl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1752
#68 Posted: 11:13:48 21/07/2007
OMG!!!! I'm terrible at the train part!!! I hate the bit when you keep getting showered with lava rocks from Mount Boyzitbig!!!!
---
Kakarot, I think I'm going to puke ~Vegeta
Live Long and Prosper ~ Mr. Spock
I'm stupid, I'm Stupid ~ Starscream
#69 Posted: 16:02:34 21/07/2007
Me too!!
#70 Posted: 17:09:47 21/07/2007
I think the train part's probably the hardest bit in the whole game!
---
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#71 Posted: 19:05:58 21/07/2007
u mean steam? i think so too! my worst world is non of them, but my least favorites are Dante's Freezer and Tall Plains....they r just a bit boring....
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#72 Posted: 20:27:23 22/07/2007
I kinda like Dante's Freezer, but I hate Tall Plains sooo much!!
#73 Posted: 15:11:25 23/07/2007
Funny, Tall Plains didn't really bother me too much. Well, apart from the floating boat bit when you had to battle loads of Babboons one after the other.
---
#74 Posted: 16:58:50 23/07/2007
I really liked the music on the floating boat thingy.
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#75 Posted: 19:35:41 23/07/2007
me too! but the amount of baboons was too much for me to handle.....i just got the electric breath and threw them off the side lol!
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
Spyro2008 Ripto Gems: 1353
#76 Posted: 21:14:19 23/07/2007
My worst favorite would be the Swamp. I have no idea why but I just don't like it.
#77 Posted: 16:19:11 24/07/2007
I don't really like it either but maybe it's because of all of the annoying cutscenes?
#78 Posted: 16:25:09 24/07/2007
I didn't really mind it but I'm not very good at some of the Dragon Dojo stuff
---
#79 Posted: 19:30:25 30/07/2007
This topic is going to last forever................ Wait a second, *confused* didn't I post this in spam central or something? What on earth?
---

IcySpyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#80 Posted: 16:41:51 02/08/2007
I hate Munitions Forge, but Escape From Cynder is one of my favorite worlds.
Last edited at 10:04:19 16/08/2007 by IcySpyro
Wise Gnorc Green Sparx Gems: 234
#81 Posted: 15:46:12 12/08/2007
o-------------------------------------o
Well the first lvl is abit boring
as far as i know it.
But i think they should have
made the level much more
longer and more of them,And
deffenetly more flying in it.
o-------------------------------------o
Sophia_S_ M Blue Sparx Gems: 997
#82 Posted: 21:04:20 12/08/2007
Quote: redthedragon

smilie I think opposite!

i love concurrent skies(cynder's lair) but i don't hate any world of the game o.o
---
"Oh Brother."-smilie,TEN
lunyathedragon.deviantart.com
#83 Posted: 18:01:47 16/08/2007
Concurrent Skies makes me sleepy. smilie
#84 Posted: 10:54:52 17/08/2007
Ok this topic is a zombie.

Sorry, carry on. smilie
---

spyro942 Blue Sparx Gems: 779
#85 Posted: 21:32:39 13/10/2007
I hate Convexity because its so weird and I keep on a creepy voice saying cynder and its so boring
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#86 Posted: 18:22:02 14/10/2007
I thought the first level (swamp) was boring, especially on the console version.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#87 Posted: 22:28:09 14/10/2007
I hated Dante's Freezer, mostly because of the floating skeleton knight things (and they're back in TEN; NOOOO! ;_smilie.

I feel in love with Convexity, though, and I love Cynder's taste in dark, brooding fortresses in Concurrent Skies. smilie
Spyrodude25 Blue Sparx Gems: 929
#88 Posted: 23:25:40 14/10/2007
I hate Concurrent Skies all it is your trapped in an area and have to fight enemies nonstop till you move on to the next part where the same thing happens, in short theres to much combat.
---
smilie and smilie don't like each other!
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#89 Posted: 03:36:33 15/10/2007
Just like TEN. *bricked* smilie

I liked Concurrent skies for the mood and setting alone. The fighting...not so much fun.
IcelectricSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2002
#90 Posted: 18:44:50 13/08/2008
I love Convexity and I hate Cynder's Lair smilie
---
The one from deviantART...
CZ
spyro_madgirl Blue Sparx Gems: 594
#91 Posted: 13:33:28 15/08/2008
I like Tall Plains... it might even be my favourite level. I also liked Munitions Forge because I love the part where you race along the track after the caboose.

I didn't like Concurrent Skies... not because of the difficulty, but because of the repetetiveness. But I love Convexity. It's so cool!
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5847
#92 Posted: 13:53:11 16/08/2008
Quote: artiste_violet
well if u ask me, I hated Munitions forge! I love tall plains

The opposite family.

Well anyway I like Concurrent skies, but not Tall Plains.
---
no i will not write a signature for you
omarthedragon Green Sparx Gems: 292
#93 Posted: 12:40:17 17/08/2008
i hate tall plains and i like convexity
---
spyro roxs and you know it
#94 Posted: 22:22:57 17/08/2008
I adore the scenery in Tall Plains... and the music on the boat.

I have to admit Munitions Forge is making its way up my list and might even be tied now for my favourite level with Tall Plains.
Firestar Yellow Sparx Gems: 1897
#95 Posted: 01:14:59 18/08/2008
Tall Plains and Munitions Forge
#96 Posted: 13:30:15 18/08/2008
THIS IS MY AVATAR !!!!! CHANGE IT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!
---
CZ
#97 Posted: 13:30:56 18/08/2008
It is reply for spyro942 !
---
CZ
#98 Posted: 16:41:24 19/08/2008
Quote: BlueFlame
I absoultly hated Munitions Forge. For a long time I couldn't figure out how to get past that part with the train.... smilie

The only reason I managed to defeat the Caboose was because my sister told me how, and I don't even know how she worked it out...

But I LOVE Munitions Forge.
Coocie2 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4249
#99 Posted: 18:41:53 19/08/2008
Tall Plains...
---
tumblr
not yr babe
Coocie2 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4249
#100 Posted: 03:45:11 22/08/2008
that level is soooo annoying ^
100 post!
---
tumblr
not yr babe
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me