darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: GIANTS EDITION.
First | Previous | Page 51 of 51
1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: GIANTS EDITION. [STICKY]
GhostRoaster24 Blue Sparx Gems: 942
#2501 Posted: 22:13:24 14/07/2013
Marauder is slightly better, simply because with his Axe Upgrades, he has the highest DPS of any melee character (although by the looks of it, Wash Buckler may take the lead.) Also, his Zipline Axe is great with his final upgrade, making it a decent damaging dash/charge move.
---
Tumblr: hunter-alex
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#2502 Posted: 20:28:27 15/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: BladeSorcerer
Marauder is probably a lot better because of the 42 damage per hit axe swings. I don't think Elementalist is bad, though. But it is hard to ignore how well the Soul Gem works with it...

Wait...is this the 2500th post? If it is, I think I might just have closed the topic.

EDIT: Whew...it didn't close.

Thanks to the thread being sticky, it is not subject to the 2500 post limit.

At the highest levels of PvP, Voodood's primary moves are his zipwire and primary axe combo. This means Marauder is unequivicly better due to its substanital damage bonuses for both of those moves. Elementalist is not without its own merits, mind, but on a Tier List it just doesn't place as high regardless.

EDIT: Does anyone else have things to say about the following outstanding topics?
Pop Fizz / Best of the Beast moving down to D Tier
Hot Head / Oil Baron moving down to B Tier
How well Drobot / Master Blaster performs against B Tier opponents
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:35:56 15/07/2013 by EgoNaut
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#2503 Posted: 21:01:03 15/07/2013
I think Pop Fizz should be in C Tier- his only disadvantage is turning into beast form.
Hot Head should be in A Tier. The meteor does insane damage and his keep-away tactics are great.
#2504 Posted: 15:58:38 18/07/2013 | Topic Creator
I have a question for people: I've been doing some reading about Swap Force, but I still haven't decided how our tier list for that game will account for the body-swapping ability of the "Swaplanders" and how their tier positions might change because of it. Does anyone have ideas for how we'll deal with that, or do we need to wait for more information about the game's mechanics before we come to a decision?
I had a couple of ideas of my own, but I'll wait to see if anyone else has a more informed suggestion before I say anything.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:10:11 18/07/2013 by EgoNaut
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#2505 Posted: 01:20:22 19/07/2013
It'll probably start wit just the normal characters, and the original swaps (as in Magna Charge, and so forth, like what the characters would be like without swapping), then someone can work on trying all 256 (+16 more now that Nitro Magna charge has been confirmed) combos I guess.

Or we could make separate tiers for each half...
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7341
#2506 Posted: 18:54:10 19/07/2013
Well, I think that it should be like Doomslicers suggestion.

E.g.

Top halves:

S-tier:
Magna: Path 1
Wash: Path 2
Etc.

Bottom halves:

S-tier:

Drilla: Path 2
Zone: Path 1
Etc.

What it might be like. Good idea Doomslicer.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
#2507 Posted: 00:41:16 20/07/2013
Oy vey... It's going to be hard to test out ALL 256 combinations... not to mention how LONG it will take. BUT, I'm not saying it can't be done. smilie
---
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#2508 Posted: 02:00:56 20/07/2013
Could someone explain why Pyromancer series 2 Flameslinger is S tier???

And S1Water Weaver Gill Grunt should move up to B tier.The Wow Pow isnt making a big difference.
---
i am trash
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:09:34 20/07/2013 by Takadox360
#2509 Posted: 14:41:21 20/07/2013
Quote: Takadox360

Because in good hands he's deadly! Insane speed+flaming arrows+supernova!
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#2510 Posted: 15:21:44 20/07/2013
The supernova isnt very useful at all,because you have to circle in the enemy and the dash attack can get canceled wit one hit of the opponent.
---
i am trash
#2511 Posted: 13:29:52 21/07/2013 | Topic Creator

Mostly because he's a standard-sized Skylander who utterly dominates giants.
---
#2512 Posted: 17:18:18 21/07/2013
Quote: EgoNaut

Mostly because he's a standard-sized Skylander who utterly dominates giants.

He may be strong against Giants because they are too slow to catch up with him but he isnt that strong when batteling a standart Skylander.
I dont see him as a broken charakter and shold move down to A tier mabey even B tier.
---
i am trash
#2513 Posted: 04:38:08 22/07/2013
I think he's S-rank. Against stealth elf, while doing his flaming run thing, he can outrun even her. Combine that with his Wowpow, which greatly improves its power, and he's unstoppable. On top of that, not only is his flaming running deadly for melee, he's also an excellent ranged character!

Also, someone already asked, but can we please put the variants in the Tier?
---
#2514 Posted: 11:46:44 22/07/2013
^Other than exceptions like Jade Flashwing, Legendaries, etc., Variants are going to win the same battles as their normal counterparts. Jade Flashwing will win and lose what Flashwing wins and loses.
---
#2515 Posted: 17:34:07 22/07/2013 | Topic Creator
@Takadox360: I also forgot to mention that his dash ability combined with the Wow Pow gives him insane keep-away abilties that combine well with his ranged attacks. His aptitude for hit-and-run tactics almost rivals those of Drill Sergeant.

@Doomslicer: The main reason that variants are not included on the list is that none of them have statistical differences big enough to cause them to change tier, not even the legendaries.
A lesser reason why they aren't on the list is because the character limit of the first post probably couldn't handle listings for all of the variants, though this issue may be rectified in future tier lists where I will put the lists themselves on seperate posts after the first post.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:37:49 22/07/2013 by EgoNaut
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#2516 Posted: 17:44:42 22/07/2013
I think for the swapforce characters you can just rate each half
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#2517 Posted: 03:57:47 23/07/2013
Could you still move S1Water Weaver Gill Grunt up to B tier.The Wow Pow isnt making a big difference.
---
i am trash
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#2518 Posted: 01:14:07 24/07/2013
Hey S2 Ignitor on SoTF is 1 space lower than S1 on SoTF. The S2 version has the blue fire-trail wow pow, which makes a great attack even greater, so why is the S2 version lower than the S1?
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7014
#2519 Posted: 02:25:43 24/07/2013
Quote: hardcoreignitor
Hey S2 Ignitor on SoTF is 1 space lower than S1 on SoTF. The S2 version has the blue fire-trail wow pow, which makes a great attack even greater, so why is the S2 version lower than the S1?

The tiers are not organized by power for each individual character so just because 1 is above another does not mean it it stronger.
#2520 Posted: 12:18:53 24/07/2013
Oh they arent? Ok, I kinda just figured that the higher you were in your tier the better you were.
---
nyeheheheheh

#2521 Posted: 00:14:22 25/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: hardcoreignitor
Oh they arent? Ok, I kinda just figured that the higher you were in your tier the better you were.

Nope, not in this particular tier list! Instead the Skylanders are only arranged within each tier according to element groups.

EDIT: My idea was similar to Windumup's. From what I can see, (someone correct me if I'm wrong here) the bottom halves constitute the movement speed and "3rd-button" attack of the character, whereas the top half provides the first two attacks of the character. I want to know whether the properties of the individual halves remain consistent between combinations, or whether their numbers "adapt" to each different combination. (For example, does Magna Charge's bottom half provide a set movement speed for every top half it combines with, or does its movement speed rise and fall based on what top half it's combined with?)

I'm tempted to suggest that we'll be able to just place the top halves in the tier lists amongst the other characters by assuming either that their tier position is not affected enough by what bottom half they're using, or by assuming that they are all using an "optimum" bottom half, which is only in the event that certain bottom halves turn out to be better than others for certain Swaplanders.

EDIT2: A sudden inspiration just hit me for how the listing of the Swaplanders could work: Feel free to provide your feedback on what follows:
When a new Swaplander is released, the Swaplander's top half is combined with each bottom half which is available at that point and tested against the rest of the entire tier list. We then (try to) come to a decision on what the highest tier is for that top half, and make a note of which bottom half/halves allows them to be in that tier. We then decide what the lowest tier for that top half is, and possibly make a note of the bottom half/halves for that as well.
The top half is then placed in the list in the highest tier position that we decided, accompanied by a note of what bottom half allows them to be in that tier, and then a note of the lowest tier which that top half can be in when other bottom halves are used.
The final listing would look something like this:

A Tier:
Magna Charge Top Half / [UpgradePathName] (using Wash Buckler's bottom half. - Can be as low as C Tier when other bottom halves are used.)
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 01:18:42 25/07/2013 by EgoNaut
Will171717 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1208
#2522 Posted: 18:17:39 31/07/2013
Yeah but bottom halves also have 2 upgrade paths
---
henlo
#2523 Posted: 23:24:22 03/08/2013
My suggestion for the swapper tier dillema:
We get 3 people to make 3 different tiers. One for Corelanders (including characters from past games, and giants) One for the Top Halves, and One for the Bottom Halves. After we have gathered a sufficent amount of data, At a time when about half of the figures have been realeased, we make a topic for swapper combinations. When All 16 Swappers have been realeased, We Merge the Corelander and Giants topic with the swapper topic, and we merge the Top Hlf and Bottom Half topics to avoid confusion.
---
nyeheheheheh

#2524 Posted: 01:33:11 04/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Will171717

See, now this is the kind of information i've been after.
Just so I can be sure: Can anyone else confirm this to be true?
---
#2525 Posted: 01:53:51 04/08/2013

It's true, it has been mentioned in multiple videos.
#2526 Posted: 23:25:00 04/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Mrmorrises

It's true, it has been mentioned in multiple videos.

Well, that changes the dynamic of what I thought I knew about Swap Force, so I'm going to have to give this some more thought. In the meantime, I'm still open to other people's suggestions!

@hardcoreignitor: Your suggestion hasn't been ignored, but I found it hard to understand because your description was unclear: From what I did understand, it sounded like a very long and inefficient process to undergo which might not lead to the result we're ideally after, which is to have the Swaplanders (or at least halves of them) being listed on the tier list alongside the other Skylanders.

EDIT: @Takadox360: Your suggestion about S1 Gill Grunt / Water Weaver wasn't ignored either! My problem is that I remember there being a reason for the S2 version being in a higher tier that had something to do with a difference made by the Wow Pow, except I don't remember what that reason was and I can't think how I would go about looking for it, unless someone else were to step in and remind me.
In future tier lists I plan on keeping a document on my computer where I store the important research and opinions made about each Skylander so that this doesn't happen again. smilie
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:36:53 04/08/2013 by EgoNaut
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#2527 Posted: 01:24:46 25/08/2013
We can't possibly do every combination of every Swap Force Skylander on every path, can we? That's 1024 combos!!!!!

1024 combinations...

One thousand and... Twenty four combinations...

*Passes out*

---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#2528 Posted: 19:22:54 26/08/2013
I personally think that Warnado on the Eye of the Storm path is "S"-worthy when in Ring Out. I have encountered a glitch (100% sure on Wii, not sure on anything else though) where if Warnado (P1) is spinning (primary move), and the other player (P2) attacks Warnado whilst they have a full meter, ready for a knockback, Warnado will be completely unaffected, and it will act like nothing happened, whilst P2's meter was drained away (Kudos to you if you could make any sense out of that).

For some weird reason, I think this might only work if P2 is playing as Flameslinger.
#2529 Posted: 01:01:39 01/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Skybagel
We can't possibly do every combination of every Swap Force Skylander on every path, can we? That's 1024 combos!!!!!

1024 combinations...

One thousand and... Twenty four combinations...

*Passes out*

Yeah... I'm thinking we're going to have to think outside the box a bit when it comes to placing the Swaplanders in the Tier list, as we couldn't possibly test every individual combination.

@Mesuxelf: Although this thread is only concerned with Arena Rumble rather than other PvP modes like Ring Out, that is nonetheless pretty interesting information. There may be another thread elsewhere in the forum where that information would be useful! smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:05:40 01/09/2013 by EgoNaut
Sky Airglow Yellow Sparx Gems: 1136
#2530 Posted: 01:45:44 05/09/2013
Hi I'm new to the topic but I think about this stuff ALL THE TIME! Best of the Beast Pop Fizz is extremely powerful when my bro uses him against me. If we play on 1 of the Wheel of Powers, he can use his Purple Potion Beast to leap from platform to platform. Did anyone else notice/try this? I have X Box 360 version FWI
Sky Airglow Yellow Sparx Gems: 1136
#2531 Posted: 01:52:26 05/09/2013
Sorry for double post but what tier is Siren Griffen Sonic Boom? After upgrading her roars are very powerful and the hatchlings (although weak) are a great distraction to an oppenent, allowing for more roars if you need to get closer. Flying Skylanders have pros and cons to their flying, especially Sonic Boom, but it does let her get away faster if needed. It does stink that she doesn't get something other than flying, however. It can leave her open since she, to me at least, seems to only have 1 very powerful move. So? What tier? smilie

Edit: Found it sorry! It's really late here!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:41:28 05/09/2013 by Sky Airglow
LightSpyro13 Blue Sparx Gems: 861
#2532 Posted: 04:18:07 09/09/2013
Hello everybody! Long time no see! I've been so wrapped up in my new games that I strayed away from Skylanders and got a little bit bored playing it, but I'm back now!

But I must ask: How Is smilie Operator A Tier
---
Fins, of fury!
#2533 Posted: 04:24:38 09/09/2013
Quote: LightSpyro13
Hello everybody! Long time no see! I've been so wrapped up in my new games that I strayed away from Skylanders and got a little bit bored playing it, but I'm back now!

Oh hey, you're back!

I'm assuming you think she should be lower than A tier, here. I haven't tried her much, but people really love her for the triple mine spam on that path.
Toastahed5973 Red Sparx Gems: 19
#2534 Posted: 23:47:03 23/09/2013
Hey guyssmilie I made an account just to let you know how much I appreciate/admire the work you've put into this tier list. It's more intricate and tested than I ever would've imagined lol. Can't wait for swap force; I'll help out if I can.
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#2535 Posted: 12:57:11 03/10/2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?f...d&v=oaBicMxctNA

this video tells us a lot about how upgrades are going to work for swaplanders.
might be a good idea to start planning/preparing a bit before the mass of new info hits on the 13th.
I think choosing will actually be easier the ever since there is 1 less upgrade.
but the real question is going to be weather the better path varies depending on what the other half is.
#2536 Posted: 22:08:06 08/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Hazard335
http://www.youtube.com/watch?f...d&v=oaBicMxctNA

this video tells us a lot about how upgrades are going to work for swaplanders.
might be a good idea to start planning/preparing a bit before the mass of new info hits on the 13th.
I think choosing will actually be easier the ever since there is 1 less upgrade.
but the real question is going to be weather the better path varies depending on what the other half is.

Thank you for sending me this, as it's incredibly useful stuff to know especially when I've been in a spot of not keeping up with Swap Force information recently.

Having to upgrade the top and bottom halves seperately looks like very exciting gameplay but is bad news for this tier list! We will somehow have to think of a way to account for the features of the "Swaplanders" in the tier list at some point, but that might not happen soon.
I'm thinking as a temporary measure we should rate and list only the "matching" top and bottom half combinations at first (IE: Wash Buckler and Blast Zone, but not Wash Zone or Blast Buckler) until we can think of a method of accounting for the other combinations.

Just so people know, I have the opening posts for the new tier list thread prepared and ready. The thread will likely be posted on the day of Swap Force's release in Europe which is a few days after it's release in the US.

I'd also like to make people aware of the chance that I may be slow to update the new tier list thread in it's first couple of weeks, as I am quite busy with college and I will likely be spending a lot of my free time playing Pokemon X! smilie
---
#2537 Posted: 18:06:57 09/10/2013 | Topic Creator
I will now carry out a character limit test to see if the new Tier List will fit on to one post.
Please ignore the following post...

EDIT: I can now confirm that the new and complete tier list will be far too large for a single post! (by at least 400 characters.) I will have to divide the list over two posts, which might not look too pretty.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:16:28 09/10/2013 by EgoNaut
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#2538 Posted: 18:27:03 09/10/2013
Quote: Mrmorrises
Quote: LightSpyro13

Oh hey, you're back!

I'm assuming you think she should be lower than A tier, here. I haven't tried her much, but people really love her for the triple mine spam on that path.

kah! i realy dont think smilie is worth the A-tier, the 3 mine thingey is pretty weak, and so is her otther path....
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#2539 Posted: 21:24:12 09/10/2013
Suggestion for the new Swap Force tier list: How about each top half has their respective name and the bottom half as well? For example, take Wash Buckler. Instead of saying "Wash Buckler (Top Half) Top path", why don't you put it like "Wash Top Path"?
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#2540 Posted: 21:48:09 09/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: zookinator
Suggestion for the new Swap Force tier list: How about each top half has their respective name and the bottom half as well? For example, take Wash Buckler. Instead of saying "Wash Buckler (Top Half) Top path", why don't you put it like "Wash Top Path"?

I've considered that, and will probably use it somehow if we end up adopting as system where the top and bottom halves are treated independently. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:07:02 10/10/2013 by EgoNaut
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7341
#2541 Posted: 16:39:30 11/10/2013
At least we have a new tier list for definite. I was worrying we wouldn't have one for a while.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#2542 Posted: 02:31:13 04/04/2016
I wish I would have seen this post ages ago. I miss PvP. My reason for commenting: I'm surprised you didn't distinguish between S2 and lightcore. Lightcore characters weren't given the wow pows. IMO, S2 wow pows in Giants were the best, way better than the wow pows in Swap Force. The Wow pows are what made some characters over-powered such as Prism Break, Chop Chop and Slam Bam.
---
Any last wishes?
First | Previous | Page 51 of 51
1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me