darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: GIANTS EDITION.
First | Previous | Page 50 of 51 | Last
1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: GIANTS EDITION. [STICKY]
GhostRoaster24 Blue Sparx Gems: 942
#2451 Posted: 19:22:17 04/06/2013
Wow! Sounds great! Does her Wow Pow work well on Forest Ninja?
---
Tumblr: hunter-alex
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#2452 Posted: 00:16:48 05/06/2013
I don't own S2, but I'd imagine it'd be better with Pook Blade.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#2453 Posted: 10:52:46 05/06/2013
^True. Her Wow Pow reminds me of her scarecrows, though. It's the way she spins. smilie
---
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#2454 Posted: 18:43:32 05/06/2013 | Topic Creator
It's been mentioned before that Stealth Elf's Wow Pow is essentially useless on Pook Blade Saint, as it is actually a worse attack than some of her melee combo finishers on that path.
The Wow Pow is more useful for Forest Ninja as it provides strong melee move (for that path, anyway) that can be used a reliable method of attack.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#2455 Posted: 19:12:16 05/06/2013
ha, it seems we are talking about my type!

her wow pow is great wen u use it right, like: go stand near a anemy and make sure the sunblades hit on pbs , if not, the macik swords are the only ones dealing dmagege and thats not wat u want, her wow pow on forest nija seems more worth it for me

anothe rgood one is : keep running cirlckles around your foe and make sure you keep hitting the first attack , it will be a 100+hit in around1/2 min, or even less,
another good one is: the one with the sceracrowns, just keep spamming these

if anyone else has a question about smilie stragegies, i am hppy to hel out!
wrecknroll Yellow Sparx Gems: 1167
#2456 Posted: 09:27:45 09/06/2013
Yay!! But does S1 Bash need not to be in S tier with S2?I own S1 and he's never been beaten.I have put him up against S2 Double Trouble and he did well, but lost.

P.S This is down Granite Dragon
---
My collection! http://imgur.com/gallery/G7lsX
#2457 Posted: 19:12:04 09/06/2013
^ He is still great, but not quite S-Tier. He doesn't have much too rely on other than spamming his Tail Swipe. His Gaia Hammer is unwieldy and hard to hit the opponent with. Granted, when it does hit, it does 240 damage. His roll is rather meh on this path, and only really is used for speed. His Stone Projection is okay, but you're just better off spamming Tail Swipe, which just isn't S-Tier. He is good, but not amazing.
---
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7014
#2458 Posted: 19:36:55 09/06/2013
S1 Granite Dragon Bash was not in S tier in the first game, so I can't see him being in S tier this time around.
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7341
#2459 Posted: 19:02:45 18/06/2013
Could Voodood Elemantalist be moved up to B or A tier please?

Pros:
Can lure opponents into traps,
Can also trick opponents by making another wire and exploding the other,
Does 60-90 damage,
With Soul Gem, can block shots(e.g. LRs lightning bolts)
Can be placed nearly anywhere in the arena and Voodood can keep moving after placing Tripwires.

He does great in Battle Mode and should really be in B tier. Consider this please.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
#2460 Posted: 22:53:33 18/06/2013
^Agreed, B-Tier sounds reasonable. He excels against Meleers due to his decent up-close damage output, and his ability to attack his opponents when they attack him. Can't word that properly, but I think you know what I mean! His axe has incredible range, too.
---
#2461 Posted: 18:10:41 20/06/2013 | Topic Creator
It's an interesting proposition but i'm still feeling unsure about a few things...
Are we moving Voodood up because his axe damage is decent enough for him to function as Marauder-lite? Or is it because his tripwires are actually more functional as an offensive move than we realise? If so, you're going to have to explain to me in what way you're actually using the tripwires: Are you deploying them up close like a melee attack or something like that? because from my experience, the tripwires essentially never work as actual traps; any experienced opponent will simply avoid walking in to them entirely. There may be odd occasions where opponents are forced to walk into them, or where you can use them to hedge opponents into certain areas that give you an advantage, but these situations are few and far between. The tripwires are also deployed slowly, leaving Voodood very open to attack when he tries to use them.
You also need to tell me how Elementalist actually performs against individual characters within the B and A Tiers.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:12:02 20/06/2013 by EgoNaut
#2462 Posted: 20:53:13 20/06/2013
I'll try some more testing on him then, but what about Drobot's Wow Pow?! I heard he was released in the U.S., so we should test him first!
---
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#2463 Posted: 21:09:54 20/06/2013
^ The closest description I can give with regards to S2 Drobot's Wow Pow is that it's a lot like a Tech version of Lightning Rod's Grand Lightning. Remote controlled attack, damage in the 20s (per tick), can hit the same target multiple times per use, and sadly, interruptable with any hit. Master Blaster really has no use for it aside from forcing campers out from behind walls, but I could see Clockwork Dragon getting some mileage out of it.
#2464 Posted: 21:23:26 20/06/2013
Quote: EgoNaut
It's an interesting proposition but i'm still feeling unsure about a few things...
Are we moving Voodood up because his axe damage is decent enough for him to function as Marauder-lite? Or is it because his tripwires are actually more functional as an offensive move than we realise? If so, you're going to have to explain to me in what way you're actually using the tripwires: Are you deploying them up close like a melee attack or something like that? because from my experience, the tripwires essentially never work as actual traps; any experienced opponent will simply avoid walking in to them entirely. There may be odd occasions where opponents are forced to walk into them, or where you can use them to hedge opponents into certain areas that give you an advantage, but these situations are few and far between. The tripwires are also deployed slowly, leaving Voodood very open to attack when he tries to use them.
You also need to tell me how Elementalist actually performs against individual characters within the B and A Tiers.

I will test him with my friend(equally experienced) and I will report back.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
#2465 Posted: 23:46:10 20/06/2013
Quote: Tashiji
^ The closest description I can give with regards to S2 Drobot's Wow Pow is that it's a lot like a Tech version of Lightning Rod's Grand Lightning. Remote controlled attack, damage in the 20s (per tick), can hit the same target multiple times per use, and sadly, interruptable with any hit. Master Blaster really has no use for it aside from forcing campers out from behind walls, but I could see Clockwork Dragon getting some mileage out of it.

Does the wow pow deal more damage on Clockwork dragon.
#2466 Posted: 01:26:44 21/06/2013
^I suppose it would, but you never know.
---
#2467 Posted: 02:55:25 21/06/2013
Quote: Mrmorrises

I think it was doing 28 on Clockwork and 21 on Blaster, but I could be wrong. There does appear to be a difference of a few points per tick, though.
#2468 Posted: 14:45:04 21/06/2013
Awww I was really hoping his Wow Pow would be epic! I guess it was a similar situation to Stealth Elf.
---
#2469 Posted: 16:06:30 21/06/2013

I think it was doing 28 on Clockwork and 21 on Blaster, but I could be wrong. There does appear to be a difference of a few points per tick, though.

That's the same damage the bladegears do on the corresponding paths. Which path do you prefer at the end of the day?
#2470 Posted: 20:16:54 21/06/2013
Even factoring in the Bladegear, I still have to go with Master Blaster. In the end, a 21 damage Ultimate Bladegear is close enough to its 28-damage counterpart, but Master Blaster's lasers are leagues better than Clockwork's. Nevertheless, it's still more of an actual debate than it was before, and Clockwork is certainly improved quite a bit thanks to his Wow Pow.
#2471 Posted: 21:45:57 21/06/2013
^Hmmm... is the Bladegear fast? Slow? Does it turn easily? This info will help me make my decision.
---
#2472 Posted: 21:48:05 21/06/2013
If you've used Lightning Lord Lightning Rod's Grand Lightning, you know what to expect; the two attacks are almost identical in speed and means of control. If not, it's a medium-speed attack that is pretty easy to maneuver.
#2473 Posted: 02:24:04 22/06/2013
Hmm... It sounds meh. But I'll probably get him anyways!! smilie
---
#2474 Posted: 09:49:51 24/06/2013
My brother recently reset our Sprocket, putting her on the Wrench/Mine path, and it's actually really good! Though the animation may not show it, Power Surge actually hits a large, 360 degree radius. And mine-spamming works fairly well.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#2475 Posted: 15:43:40 24/06/2013
The only bad downside to Operator is that you can only have 5 Mines active at a time. There really should've been an upgrade to increase the amount of Mines active at once. I personally love her Power Surge Combo!
---
#2476 Posted: 06:09:14 25/06/2013
Indeed. I still use turrets a lot as well.
---
Supa Mama Luigi Green Sparx Gems: 277
#2477 Posted: 00:26:28 27/06/2013
This tier list always makes me want to play battle mode, until I realize I have nobody to play with. My brother hates the game, and I left my only friend that played it. (its a long story) smilie
---
"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario"
-Luigi
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#2478 Posted: 02:06:55 27/06/2013
Just to give you guys a look at Series 2 Drobot so we can finish this list:

Series 2 Drobot: Clockwork Dragon Path Review by wdrumz (Not me!)

---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
#2479 Posted: 17:00:50 28/06/2013
He should stay in A-Tier I believe. Exactly the same case with Stealth Elf. They knew they were overpowered, they nerfed them, and gave them mediocre Wow Pows.
---
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#2480 Posted: 17:33:54 28/06/2013

to answer this: no, both paths have the same damage for his wp, but i think clockwork dragons sound the best
#2481 Posted: 19:27:16 28/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Okay, so in regards to Series 2 Drobot it's looking like S2 Master Blaster should go in A Tier where S1 is.
Should S2 Clockwork Dragon go where S1 currently is in B Tier, or does it deserve to move up to A Tier?
---
#2482 Posted: 21:02:06 28/06/2013
Okay, so in regards to Series 2 Drobot it's looking like S2 Master Blaster should go in A Tier where S1 is.
Should S2 Clockwork Dragon go where S1 currently is in B Tier, or does it deserve to move up to A Tier?

I think it should stay at B tier. While the controllable bladegear does a lot of damage in a short amount of time, it leaves Drobot vulnerable to attack.
---
#2483 Posted: 14:42:29 29/06/2013
^Agreed. Agreed completely.
---
#2484 Posted: 19:22:26 29/06/2013
Actually come to think of it, it hardly feels like S1 Master blaster is A tier material to me anymore.
#2485 Posted: 19:22:59 29/06/2013
Yes. I agree too. He's better, but not A-tier better.
#2486 Posted: 21:38:50 29/06/2013 | Topic Creator
It all sounds good!

• S2 Drobot / Master Blaster placed in A Tier.
  • S2 Drobot / Clockwork Dragon placed in B Tier.

And with all Skylanders finally placed within the tier list I can remove the "UNSORTED SKYLANDERS" heading at the bottom. Good job, guys!
---
#2487 Posted: 01:08:07 30/06/2013
Hooray! *Confetti blows everywhere* Congrats everyone!
---
#2488 Posted: 02:10:17 30/06/2013
Well guys, it's been great seeing these tier lists develop! In 50 pages from mid October to late June we pulled it off. Looking through these 50 pages is an epic timeline of the tier list! I look forward to the Swap force tier list smilie
#2489 Posted: 03:25:36 30/06/2013
It all sounds good!

• S2 Drobot / Master Blaster placed in A Tier.
  • S2 Drobot / Clockwork Dragon placed in B Tier.

And with all Skylanders finally placed within the tier list I can remove the "UNSORTED SKYLANDERS" heading at the bottom. Good job, guys!

Awesome job, guys! Thank you, too, EgoNaut.
---
#2490 Posted: 16:25:24 30/06/2013 | Topic Creator
I'd say we're very almost done with this tier list, but not quite: There are just a couple of small suggestions that were brought up that have been left undiscussed.

The ones i've found so far are two suggestions Tashiji made on the previous page: Moving Hot Head/ Oil Baron down to B Tier and moving Pop Fizz / Best of the Beast down to D Tier. You can read his reasoning in the quote below.
Quote:
Also, while we're on the subject of changes, I have a couple in mind myself:

First, Oil Baron Hot Head to B. I know it seems crazy to move a Giant as low as B, but I've done a lot of thinking and a lot of recent testing on this one, and it only seems fair to the rest of A-tier to have the guy gone. Here's why: First, it's important to acknowledge certain natural limitations placed on this path. You cannot use your oil spin attack on the same Sizzle Shower attack as you charge a meteor, for one, and it's never a good sign for a path when two upgrades cancel each other out. You'll be using the meteor the vast majority of the time, essentially meaning you're on a path with just two upgrades. This in itself wouldn't be too horrible, except that even the meteor has problems--chiefly that it often hits scenery or the edge of the arena instead of foes, and the fact that +armor blocks it at the same rate as any other attack, so all too often you'll find you've wasted your charge.

Basically, it has the same problem as attacks like Chill's narwhal, and she barely ever uses that in PVP simply because lance spam adds up to more damage over time, largely due to the fact that it doesn't really matter when one of the many lances is blocked in quite the same way it matters when scenery or +armor absorbs a narwhal. Big problem for Hot Head, because this is his main attack, and a true A-tier character shouldn't have such crippling drawbacks on their primary mode of dealing damage. You'll be stuck playing Burninator Lite quite often, and Burninator Lite is not A-tier material. The final nail in the coffin is his elemental advantage which, in A-tier, only amounts to one opponent; he can't run the table on a bunch of elemental strengths to rack up the wins in quite the way that, say, Joust Jockey Fright Rider does against the abundant Life types in A. In fact, Joust Jockey is the best example I can give for a situation like this; he's a pretty weak A-tier guy all around, but it doesn't matter, because he has Zook, Tree Rex and Stealth Elf to pad his win total. All Oil Baron has in this regard is Tempest Dragon Whirlwind, and frankly, due to playstyle, he isn't even going to cash that one in every time.

Also, what does everyone else think of moving Best of the Beast Pop Fizz to D? The reason I ask is because arena hazards, such as the mushrooms in Mushroom Grove, instantly transform him from the beast to plain Pop Fizz on contact. This may not be a factor in every arena, but when it is, it cripples him to the point of E-tier weakness, and it does happen often enough to be considered a large-scale problem. Given the fact that the other C-tier guys don't have this limitation, it's almost unfair to keep him there. However, I really do want input here, because this is one of the more unconventional reasons I've given for why someone needs to switch tiers. How do you guys feel about moving him?

Do provide your thoughts if you have any after reading the quote above.

I also seem to remember a suggestion made a long, long while ago about Zap. I don't remember the exact details, but it got to the stage where I needed to hear support from one more person before I moved one of Zap's paths somewhere, but then we all forgot about it and moved on to something else. I've done some searching for it already, but i'll try again later.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:27:11 30/06/2013 by EgoNaut
#2491 Posted: 01:25:43 01/07/2013
^I Am all in for Pop Fizz down to D-Tier. I gave my arguments for him a couple pages back, too lazy to find them at the moment. smilie

For Hot Head, will B-Tiers be able to take down a Giant? I know we have Bouncer Robot Rocketeer in B-Tier, but all-in-all Bouncer is a vulnerable Giant. His Sizzle Shower has a decent range and ticks quite rapidly. I am unsure about this one.
---
#2492 Posted: 04:30:29 01/07/2013
What about S1 Drobot Master blaster going to B tier. Really, he's just a nerfed projectile character, with ranged power being the only thing he really has going for him.
JakeJones Blue Sparx Gems: 533
#2493 Posted: 04:51:15 01/07/2013
Bring Popfizz to D tier whatever. Hes just become much less powerful.
---
Foot ball kicks butt and balls.
#2494 Posted: 15:35:40 01/07/2013
Agreed with both of these suggestions. ^ and ^ ^
---
#2495 Posted: 17:03:55 01/07/2013 | Topic Creator
For Drobot / Master Blaster, you'll have to tell me how well he competes against the rest of the A Tier by comparison to how he competes against the rest of the B Tier. We should keep in mind that although he feels nerfed and weak in the A Tier, he may still be just a little too strong for the B Tier.
---
Saintzer0 Red Sparx Gems: 15
#2496 Posted: 22:26:09 07/07/2013
Concerning Jet-Vac... I wonder if anyone plays him the same way I do?
In pve and PvP (Vaccpackateer), I fly and continuously boost through my target, left right left right while shooting the whole time.
Shooting damage plus spiral damage plus dizzy (sometimes)
I have beaten a lot of higher ranked sky landers in PvP this way
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3319
#2497 Posted: 19:50:05 09/07/2013
You guys kno that u don't have to charge hot head's meteor attack completely for it to do maximum damage right? I usually just use the fire rain attack and hold Z (On wii) and then release it I Stanton and it does the same damage as it normally would when fully charged, try it
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
#2498 Posted: 16:08:36 13/07/2013
My suggestion of Voodoods Elementalist path appears to have been overlooked. I will.post results of testing soon.
---
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#2499 Posted: 16:10:59 13/07/2013
I've tried both for him, and I really had a hard time deciding which is better.
I think Marauder is better by a smidge.
BladeSorcerer Green Sparx Gems: 229
#2500 Posted: 10:11:08 14/07/2013
Marauder is probably a lot better because of the 42 damage per hit axe swings. I don't think Elementalist is bad, though. But it is hard to ignore how well the Soul Gem works with it...

Wait...is this the 2500th post? If it is, I think I might just have closed the topic.

EDIT: Whew...it didn't close.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:12:17 14/07/2013 by BladeSorcerer
First | Previous | Page 50 of 51 | Last
1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me