darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: GIANTS EDITION.
First | Previous | Page 47 of 51 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: GIANTS EDITION. [STICKY]
wrecknroll Yellow Sparx Gems: 1167
#2301 Posted: 12:11:57 09/04/2013
Quote: wrecknroll
Quote: flashwingftw
Can some of us please get back to discussing pop fizz on the beast path should be moved to B tier? As I said, he requires some skill and he's weak to ranged attackers, but once he gets close, it's hard to not win with him in my opinion, and just because he's slow or has mediocre health doesn't mean he isn't a force to be reckond with, besides I spam the main attack button to move faster smilie

Pop fizz is still better on mad scientist because of his huge explosions from orange potion but i think people have already told what they think.

smilie

You would have to use a small arena to win with best of the beast then
---
My collection! http://imgur.com/gallery/G7lsX
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:53:05 09/04/2013 by wrecknroll
GhostRoaster24 Blue Sparx Gems: 942
#2302 Posted: 23:07:54 09/04/2013
Well Shroomboom definitely has his flaws, but who doesn't? Obviously Terrafin would win because he is a PvP god! And Shroomboom stinks up close (unless you're on Barrier Boost!), which makes him weak to Slam Bam. The crappy thing about Shroomboom is that on Barrier Boost, his Paratroopers are useless! On Paramushroom Promotion, his Shroom Shield is Useless!
---
Tumblr: hunter-alex
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#2303 Posted: 01:42:34 10/04/2013
Can some of us please get back to discussing pop fizz on the beast path should be moved to B tier? As I said, he requires some skill and he's weak to ranged attackers, but once he gets close, it's hard to not win with him in my opinion, and just because he's slow or has mediocre health doesn't mean he isn't a force to be reckond with, besides I spam the main attack button to move faster smilie

I don't have Pop Fizz, but I've played alot thanks to my friends..

Mad Scientist is better that's for sure.

I agree he should be in B, or some kind of lower A.

When you get close he's like a stealth elf clone, not to mention that if you have a certain potion you get a long ranged jumping ability.

That's my 2 Cents.
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#2304 Posted: 03:31:02 10/04/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster24
Well Shroomboom definitely has his flaws, but who doesn't? Obviously Terrafin would win because he is a PvP god! And Shroomboom stinks up close (unless you're on Barrier Boost!), which makes him weak to Slam Bam. The crappy thing about Shroomboom is that on Barrier Boost, his Paratroopers are useless! On Paramushroom Promotion, his Shroom Shield is Useless!

Again, I agree s2 Terrafin is a PvP deity, but... as stated before, it would appear that Eruptor's eruption pulls him out of the ground, making him extremely venerable. Has anyone else encountered this?
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
LightSpyro13 Blue Sparx Gems: 861
#2305 Posted: 03:34:12 10/04/2013
I agree with moving poop fizz to B, I find it hard to lose with him, he was my first newlander (not counting crusher and tree Rex, my first 3 from day one) and I use him alot still, I dunno if it's just alot of skill I have with him or my bro just sucks at the game, WHICH HE DOES NOT, HES BEATEN ME PKENTY OF TIMES SO DON'T INSTIGATE THAT! anyway, I never lose with him, he's a solid character, plus I don't think it takes that long to transform, once you get into beast form he is very strong If you usE him right

The problem with Best of the Beast path lies within Poop Fizz' range, he needs to get very close to his opponent to actually deal damage. This is quite a hassle because of his poor speed and mediocre range, he only has 2 ways of boosting his speed; neither of which are that effective:

Slash attack during Beast Form: Gives him a speed boost just by slashing with the Attack 1 button. However, it only gives him very small acceleration and lots of other characters in B tier can still get around faster than this way.

Purple Potion Lunge Attack: Drink the purple potion to gain a secondary attack where the Beast pounces on his opponent. Decent range, but has significant ending lag; allowing your opponent to either have a free hit or escape during the lag. It also does mediocre damage and only travels in a straightforward direction.

Aside from his poor speed; his potion explosion takes too long to charge up (also has low DPS) and has LOTS of ending lag that leaves him vulnerable, his purple potion servants die too quickly, his ranged attacks deal subpar damage, and he has average armor. A rather mediocre path that doesn't really fare well in B tier.

Quote: boomer has it
Sprocket gear head for b tier. Today I was playing pvp and she won against:
S2 zap tesla dragon
S2 eruptor volcanor
S1 hex bone crafter
S1 smilie conjurer
Pls consider this!

I disagree. I really can't imagine Sprocket beating any of those four characters except Double Trouble (but only because of her elemental advantage and that he's on Conjuror, Channeler ANNIHILATES her). Gearhead is arguably one of, if not the, worst paths in the game. The first problem is her speed; running away to build turrets will not help much, because she is too slow to escape most of the cast and safely build a turret; she has absolutely no dash attacks. Not only that, but when building a turret (takes around 4 seconds), Sprocket cannot move or attack when doing so, which will enable me to get a few free hits and punch you in the face or something. Even if you do get around to building a turret, you can only have 2 active at a time and they only have 50 HP, I can destroy it within seconds. Dropping a mine in a tank only allows you to drop one Unlike on Operator where you can drop 3 at a time, plus your opponent has to be behind you to actually land it because of the mines' poor range and inability to move.

Her most critical problem though, is her offensive game. Her wrench and mine attacks are very short ranged and she needs to get very close to actually use them, which is quite a chore because of her poor speed. What's more, her ranged attacks with the tank and turrets deal surprisingly low damage and have limited range, plus you have to take time to build them which leaves you vulnerable. Yes you can hit a mine with your wrench to send it flying, but it's slow to perform (you have to walk up to each mine placed, very annoying) and they only travel in a straightforward direction; poor accuracy.

Sprocket's defensive game is also subpar - Her maximum HP is insufficient (613 to be exact), tied with Ignitor for the 3rd lowest in the game, combined with her poor speed makes her terribly easy to KO. Her Turret Explosions are short ranged and very unlikely to hit your opponent, plus even if it hits, it does a mediocre 50 damage.

In the end; Gearhead is a poor version of Flashwing Super Shards built clearly for Story Mode, and even then it will still be useless either way.
---
Fins, of fury!
#2306 Posted: 10:48:17 10/04/2013
Quote: Doomslicer

Again, I agree s2 Terrafin is a PvP deity, but... as stated before, it would appear that Eruptor's eruption pulls him out of the ground, making him extremely venerable. Has anyone else encountered this?

YES! I thought I was just crazy! BUT I'm not! YES! smilie
---
boomer has it Green Sparx Gems: 304
#2307 Posted: 12:09:50 10/04/2013
Quote: LightSpyro13
I agree with moving poop fizz to B, I find it hard to lose with him, he was my first newlander (not counting crusher and tree Rex, my first 3 from day one) and I use him alot still, I dunno if it's just alot of skill I have with him or my bro just sucks at the game, WHICH HE DOES NOT, HES BEATEN ME PKENTY OF TIMES SO DON'T INSTIGATE THAT! anyway, I never lose with him, he's a solid character, plus I don't think it takes that long to transform, once you get into beast form he is very strong If you usE him right

The problem with Best of the Beast path lies within Poop Fizz' range, he needs to get very close to his opponent to actually deal damage. This is quite a hassle because of his poor speed and mediocre range, he only has 2 ways of boosting his speed; neither of which are that effective:

Slash attack during Beast Form: Gives him a speed boost just by slashing with the Attack 1 button. However, it only gives him very small acceleration and lots of other characters in B tier can still get around faster than this way.

Purple Potion Lunge Attack: Drink the purple potion to gain a secondary attack where the Beast pounces on his opponent. Decent range, but has significant ending lag; allowing your opponent to either have a free hit or escape during the lag. It also does mediocre damage and only travels in a straightforward direction.

Aside from his poor speed; his potion explosion takes too long to charge up (also has low DPS) and has LOTS of ending lag that leaves him vulnerable, his purple potion servants die too quickly, his ranged attacks deal subpar damage, and he has average armor. A rather mediocre path that doesn't really fare well in B tier.

S2 zap tesla dragon
S2 eruptor volcanor
S1 hex bone crafter
S1 smilie conjurer
Pls consider this!

I disagree. I really can't imagine Sprocket beating any of those four characters except Double Trouble (but only because of her elemental advantage and that he's on Conjuror, Channeler ANNIHILATES her). Gearhead is arguably one of, if not the, worst paths in the game. The first problem is her speed; running away to build turrets will not help much, because she is too slow to escape most of the cast and safely build a turret; she has absolutely no dash attacks. Not only that, but when building a turret (takes around 4 seconds), Sprocket cannot move or attack when doing so, which will enable me to get a few free hits and punch you in the face or something. Even if you do get around to building a turret, you can only have 2 active at a time and they only have 50 HP, I can destroy it within seconds. Dropping a mine in a tank only allows you to drop one Unlike on Operator where you can drop 3 at a time, plus your opponent has to be behind you to actually land it because of the mines' poor range and inability to move.

Her most critical problem though, is her offensive game. Her wrench and mine attacks are very short ranged and she needs to get very close to actually use them, which is quite a chore because of her poor speed. What's more, her ranged attacks with the tank and turrets deal surprisingly low damage and have limited range, plus you have to take time to build them which leaves you vulnerable. Yes you can hit a mine with your wrench to send it flying, but it's slow to perform (you have to walk up to each mine placed, very annoying) and they only travel in a straightforward direction; poor accuracy.

Sprocket's defensive game is also subpar - Her maximum HP is insufficient (613 to be exact), tied with Ignitor for the 3rd lowest in the game, combined with her poor speed makes her terribly easy to KO. Her Turret Explosions are short ranged and very unlikely to hit your opponent, plus even if it hits, it does a mediocre 50 damage.

In the end; Gearhead is a poor version of Flashwing Super Shards built clearly for Story Mode, and even then it will still be useless either way.

Lolnope I actually beat all of them
---
credit to kappa for my avatar
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#2308 Posted: 22:05:11 10/04/2013 | Topic Creator

S2 zap tesla dragon
S2 eruptor volcanor
S1 hex bone crafter
S1 smilie conjurer
Pls consider this!

Excellent post.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:05:55 10/04/2013 by EgoNaut
#2309 Posted: 23:20:55 10/04/2013

S2 zap tesla dragon
S2 eruptor volcanor
S1 hex bone crafter
S1 smilie conjurer
Pls consider this!

Lolnope I actually beat all of them

Lol No, its that you're either just really good or your opponent is very bad. There is no way Gearhead could've beaten those guys if you were both equally skilled (except Double Trouble maybe).

My personal view of the matchups (I'm gonna do this everytime I make a suggestion or an objection to another's post):

Key:

+4: The fight with that character is (close to) unloseable with yours, due to heavy advantages over that opponent's weaknesses. The only shot of losing is if you suck with character or a fluke occurs.

+3 This kind of fight is a large advantage over the opponent with great defenses or offenses against him/her. It is not extremely easy though, your opponent could still win at least 25% of the time.

+2 A Medium Advantage, A character has a t least a 70% chance of winning this fight.

+1: A Small Advantage: A close fight, but this character still has a very slight edge. 55% chance of victory

0: An even fight where either skylander could prevail if both players are equally skilled. Depends more on flukes than skill and victories may vary.

-1: A Small Disadvantage: A close fight, but this character will barely get beaten. 45% chance of victory

-2: A medium disadvantage in a battle.

-3: A Large disadvantage, It is very hard to win with this character in a specific fight, but its not totally unloseable. You will still have a few flukes to save you.

My favorite part: -4: This is a (close to) unwinnable fight if both players are skilled. Only bad opposing players or very rare flukes will help you.

Someone get this all down for me please, I don't wanna keep typing this again. I never tried these fights, but I'm sure this how they'd go down (I can still PvP myself and test em out)

smilie +1: Since he's on conjuror he's too reliant on his exploding clones, which die in a single hit. His Beam is a little too short ranged to hit her and the turrets and he too is a slow character; lets not forget his elemental disadvantage too. His beam will still get her eventually though and will help him sometimes.

smilie -3: Not even close! Hex can just keep raining skulls on Sprocket from a faraway distance, and her Skull Shield while charging up the Rain can block her turrets shots. The skulls track her down and rain on her, she's too slow to evade them. She deals overall better damage and defenses than Sprocket, and most importantly a longer range in her attacks. Her mines are honestly the only thing saving her since it can penetrate her bone wall and skull shield.

smilie -2: His Lava blobs can easily destroy a turret without getting himself caught in the explosions at safe distance, then he can close in on Sprocket and either use the Eruption or Lava Barf attacks, both of which deal decent damage. He's not a speedy character either, but still better damage and higher HP. Her Wrench and mines however, can get the better of Eruptor if the arena is too steep, his Eruption will be a bit harder to land on slopes

smilie -1: Slowly but surely can destroy her from a distance with his lightning breath, and also her turrets without getting hit by the explosions. He can also use the wave-lightning-splash combo on her for decent damage (kinda short-to medium range though). Her wrenc's primary combo is the only thing helping her, her other 2 attacks won't get him that easily because he is too fast to evade them.
---
Fins, of fury!
#2310 Posted: 00:17:54 11/04/2013
Interesting post Lightspyro13.... smilie And all this about Eruptor, does it mean he might be a reliable counter to Terrafin?!
---
#2311 Posted: 19:24:21 11/04/2013
Ok,I might get S2 Slam Bam tomorrow.But I also saw a S2 Terrafin and Gill Grunt and will decide what one to buy tomorrow.Anyways that aside,what paths for Terrafin?I'm kinda going to go for Water Weaver with Gill Grunt and Blizzard Brawler with Slam Bam but can't decide between Sandhog and Brawler for Terrafin.Any suggestions?
---
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#2312 Posted: 19:33:40 11/04/2013
Ok,I might get S2 Slam Bam tomorrow.But I also saw a S2 Terrafin and Gill Grunt and will decide what one to buy tomorrow.Anyways that aside,what paths for Terrafin?I'm kinda going to go for Water Weaver with Gill Grunt and Blizzard Brawler with Slam Bam but can't decide between Sandhog and Brawler for Terrafin.Any suggestions?

How are you gonna find S2 smilie?
---
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#2313 Posted: 20:24:47 11/04/2013
I recommend buying the legendary triple pack(also with Jet vac and Ignitor) for S2 Slam bam. That's how I have him(I don't have normal S2 Slam bam)
#2314 Posted: 20:29:12 11/04/2013

For PvP, they are both pretty equal, IMO. I personally chose Brawler, then Sandhog, but I prefer Brawler over Sandhog. Two very solid paths.
---
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#2315 Posted: 20:34:02 11/04/2013
Quote: Mrmorrises
I recommend buying the legendary triple pack(also with Jet vac and Ignitor) for S2 Slam bam. That's how I have him(I don't have normal S2 Slam bam)

Yeah that is what I might do.
---
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3332
#2316 Posted: 00:22:16 12/04/2013

S2 zap tesla dragon
S2 eruptor volcanor
S1 hex bone crafter
S1 smilie conjurer
Pls consider this!

Hehehe poop fizz smilie
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
slambam104 Gold Sparx Gems: 2464
#2317 Posted: 11:41:15 12/04/2013

S2 zap tesla dragon
S2 eruptor volcanor
S1 hex bone crafter
S1 smilie conjurer
Pls consider this!

I say that gearhead should stay where it is because he can deal nice damage in the tank,but when in the tank the oppent will be given time to get in some attacks.Also she is very slow in the tank making it hard to chase down your oppent.But she can do very good damage if you leave those mines while running.Gearhead is also beaten by charecters that close ranged such as Popfizz Best of the Beast , Voodood,Bash,I'm not saying she is eaisily beaten by these charecters but she has to really run away from these charecters to win.
#2318 Posted: 18:15:35 12/04/2013
Quote: wreckingballbob

How are you gonna find S2 smilie?

All three had dissapeared today so picked up S2 Spyro instead.
---
#2319 Posted: 20:16:56 14/04/2013
I've asked this before but what is keeping S2 Trigger Happy Golden Frenzy in D tier. Is his wow pow really good enough to have him out of E tier. I admit I've never tried S2 Trigger Happy on Golden frenzy(My S1 is on Golden frenzy, and my S2 is on Moneybags) but his wow pow doesn't seem like it would keep him out of E tier on that path. It's a very situational move, especially since it's part of the machine gun which is also very situational itself.
#2320 Posted: 20:37:41 14/04/2013
Hmmm... I don't have him but I think it is because it is a SOMEWHAT spammable move. I don't know how to say it properly. Personally, I think he is still in E Tier because his Machine Gun is highly interruptable, and it still rotates VERY, VERY slowly. Golden Frenzy is just not that good!
---
#2321 Posted: 21:17:52 14/04/2013
I just noticed.

How da*** is Warnado in E tier and Undead Defender Chop Chop in D?

Warnado beats Chop Chop any day, I say we exchange their places.
#2322 Posted: 01:00:37 15/04/2013
Undead Defender is unstoppable with a wowpow! He deserves higher.
Which path of warnado? sentient homing tornados are pretty deadly on a level playing field, admittedly.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#2323 Posted: 01:44:59 15/04/2013
Warnado's Wind master path is the only Warnado in E tier, so that's what CommanderGame means.

And for Chop chop he means S1 Undead defender.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:45:32 15/04/2013 by Mrmorrises
#2324 Posted: 02:25:25 15/04/2013
Warnado's Wind master path is the only Warnado in E tier, so that's what CommanderGame means.

And for Chop chop he means S1 Undead defender.

This.
Of course I know Chop Chop's Wow Pow is amazing...we're talking S1 Choppy here.
Which he sucks. e_e.Someone remind me why I have a Legendary Chop Chop smilie
#2325 Posted: 04:31:10 15/04/2013
Because he's... LEGENDARY!
---
#2326 Posted: 12:03:50 15/04/2013
I just really want pop fizz beast path in b tier :/
---
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
JakeJones Blue Sparx Gems: 533
#2327 Posted: 01:48:06 16/04/2013
i dunno actually. at first i thought there was no way in hell he could make it to b tier but last night i actually beat earthen avenger dino rang harpooner gill grunt and elementalist voodood pretty easyily with him.
---
Foot ball kicks butt and balls.
#2328 Posted: 20:25:04 16/04/2013
I agree with Warnado Wind Master Switching spots with Chop Chop S1 Undead Defender. Chop Chop S1 flat out sucks without his Wow Pow! His Shield Bash is very small, and sometimes doesn't stun! Neither paths are amazing, but Wind Master has SO much more potential! His tornadoes follow enemies. Does Chop Chop's automatic damage release follow enemies? Nope. Not.At.All. S1 Chop Chop Undead Defender is bad.

EDIT: I just realized something with Shroomboom. Mine is on Paramushroom Promotion. I summoned a Shroom Shield in Story Mode, and I tried to slingshot some exploding mushrooms, and they just hit the Shroom Shield and exploded! So, to sum it all up, while in the Mushroom Shield, you can't use your Slingshot Mushrooms! It's rather disappointing, honestly. I really like Shroomboom, but this makes me sad!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:31:08 16/04/2013 by GhostRoaster24
#2329 Posted: 12:09:03 19/04/2013
If u look on wdrumz' channel, there is a video I watched a month bak where warnado beat wham shell on wind master, whammy was on captain crustacean, he spammed the tornados and kept running
---
R.I.P to my wallet
#2330 Posted: 13:15:17 19/04/2013
^Running away is my strategy LOL.

That how I got my S1 Drilly to defeat Hot Head smilie
#2331 Posted: 22:06:20 19/04/2013
If u look on wdrumz' channel, there is a video I watched a month bak where warnado beat wham shell on wind master, whammy was on captain crustacean, he spammed the tornados and kept running

^This x1,000,000. Warnado Wind Master is not as bad as many claim him to be. He is definitely no S,A, or even B Tier, but he is definitely NOT E Tier!

EDIT: Ghost Roaster on Fear Eater... how is he not in A Tier?! He is immune to all attacks, damages anybody near him, and moves faster while in Ectoplasm Mode! How is he an "Average Character?" He should at least be a "Good Character!" smilie
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:17:16 19/04/2013 by GhostRoaster24
#2332 Posted: 23:02:30 19/04/2013
^ Because what he's lacking is damage. Yes Ghost Roaster is immune to attacks while in ectoplasm form, but you cannot attack them either; you are unable to use your attacks while in that form. The Phase Shift Burst only works when you first enter the form, and it is poor ranged and dealing only 10 damage; making it kind of useless. His Skull Charge attack was severely nerfed from the first game - you can only bite your opponent once while a pacman skull and you cannot shut it off; you have to wait for a while to shift back so you can bite again.

He is definitely not above average anymore, largely thanks to his nerf from SSA.
---
Fins, of fury!
#2333 Posted: 00:24:55 20/04/2013
^ Because what he's lacking is damage. Yes Ghost Roaster is immune to attacks while in ectoplasm form, but you cannot attack them either; you are unable to use your attacks while in that form. The Phase Shift Burst only works when you first enter the form, and it is poor ranged and dealing only 10 damage; making it kind of useless. His Skull Charge attack was severely nerfed from the first game - you can only bite your opponent once while a pacman skull and you cannot shut it off; you have to wait for a while to shift back so you can bite again.

He is definitely not above average anymore, largely thanks to his nerf from SSA.

Ah, they worded that upgrade cleverly... "All nearby enemies take damage when you enter Ectoplasm Mode." Never thought about the words "when you enter Ectoplasm Mode." Okay! And anything you wanna say about Wind Master switching with S1 Undead Defender?

EDIT: Is it just me, or has this thread been less active lately?

DOUBLE EDIT: Why is Battledozer rated so low?! WDRUMZ's videos with him in PvP look SO AWESOME! How is he so low on the list?!
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:00:15 22/04/2013 by GhostRoaster24
#2334 Posted: 15:55:34 22/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Just got round to reading this thread again after being inactive for a while. Exam revision has been keeping me busy!

I'm starting to like this idea of moving Warnado / Wind Master up and S1 Chop Chop / Undead Defender down. It sounds reasonable that Wind Master might be a good character for playing keep-away with. As for Chop Chop, I seem to remember that Undead Defender was only moved out of E Tier in the first place because of how he was percieved to be much improved from SA now that the game engine allows his melee strikes to hit more often.

I'll wait to hear one or two more opinions on both characters before I move them, though.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:56:45 22/04/2013 by EgoNaut
#2335 Posted: 16:35:11 22/04/2013
Quote: EgoNaut
Just got round to reading this thread again after being inactive for a while. Exam revision has been keeping me busy!

I'm starting to like this idea of moving Warnado / Wind Master up and S1 Chop Chop / Undead Defender down. It sounds reasonable that Wind Master might be a good character for playing keep-away with. As for Chop Chop, I seem to remember that Undead Defender was only moved out of E Tier in the first place because of how he was percieved to be much improved from SA now that the game engine allows his melee strikes to hit more often.

I'll wait to hear one or two more opinions on both characters before I move them, though.

I'm glad you noticed my preposition.
Well I've Already given my opinion, Chop Chop is really slow, and his shield works horribly.Not to mention that his Melee attacks suck.
At least Warnado is a good Hit-and-Run Character, and the homing Tornadoes work quite good.
That's my 2 Cents.
#2336 Posted: 20:56:13 22/04/2013
Quote: CommanderGame
Quote: EgoNaut

I'm glad you noticed my preposition.
Well I've Already given my opinion, Chop Chop is really slow, and his shield works horribly.Not to mention that his Melee attacks suck.
At least Warnado is a good Hit-and-Run Character, and the homing Tornadoes work quite good.
That's my 2 Cents.

This x9,000! Warnado can easily fly away in a tornado or spin in his shell, while summoning tornadoes that chase his foes, while Chop Chop S1, has a pathetically small damage output! His 75 damage Shield Burst has poor aim and only attacks in a forward direction. I also believe that Eye of the Storm is an even better Keep-Away Artist, due to his shell spinning even faster, and he can slowly, but surely chip away at the opposition's HP. He can be very hard to catch for Skylanders with no dash move ( Prism Break, Camo, Zook, etc.)

There's my two cents. ^ smilie
---
JakeJones Blue Sparx Gems: 533
#2337 Posted: 21:43:09 23/04/2013
I think Chop chop should go down but id hesitate on moving wind master up for now.
---
Foot ball kicks butt and balls.
#2338 Posted: 20:20:55 26/04/2013
Quote: JakeJones
I think Chop chop should go down but id hesitate on moving wind master up for now.

Wind Master to me is honestly not a bad build at all! The tornado is huge, follows your enemies and does 40 damage! You can fly in your tornado to quickly escape, or use your shell (which seems to strike slower in Giants, though.) And also, Melon Master Camo I honestly believe should be in C Tier. With his melons getting popped, he can barely hit his opponent with the attack the whole path is about! However, I think a thing that nobody really mentioned about Camo is his "Sun Orbit Shield" Soul Gem! It restores his health by 5 like every second! It can really add up. To me, Vine Virtuoso is the better PvP path now.
---
#2339 Posted: 21:22:54 26/04/2013
I think Melon master's godly damage output is good enough to keep it where it is for now. Some characters have a really hard time nailing him in the melon fountain without getting hurt, generally melee characters.
#2340 Posted: 01:53:05 27/04/2013
I think Melon master's godly damage output is good enough to keep it where it is for now. Some characters have a really hard time nailing him in the melon fountain without getting hurt, generally melee characters.

Godly damage? Can you connect two or more melons at once? I have Camo and haven't ever hit an enemy with 2+ melons! Plus, they're rather short ranged, and take 1-2 seconds for the animation to just grow the melons! 60 damage is pretty good, but if you get inside that melon fort, he shall be toast. Not bad, but he has many weaknesses.
---
#2341 Posted: 02:20:32 27/04/2013
Yes, two melons can hit at once. My b4other pulled it off on my other brother who was playing as Zap, and poor Zap was degraded from full health to about 30 thanks to the elemental advantage!( Obviously Camo won, but that's not my point) if you find that he's having range problems use the sun burst attack, and get out the shield to heal when it's possible.
AcheronXComplex Green Sparx Gems: 190
#2342 Posted: 05:02:51 27/04/2013
Told you all as soon as Giants was released that S2 Whirlwind is boss!
#2343 Posted: 14:51:34 27/04/2013
Whoa, never knew two melons could hit at once! Nice!

And in regards to S2 Battledozer Drill Sergeant, he should really moved to C Tier! His Auto-Blaster fires every other shot, and when combined with the MIRV-Drill Rocket damage, it really adds up! He is definitely not D-Tier.
---
#2344 Posted: 15:11:47 27/04/2013
I haven't Tried MM Master Camo since S:SA, so I don't know if they changed him in S:G.

So...my point of view might be wrong.

My Camo is currently on VV, and to be quite honest, I don't even like it, not to mention what they did to him in the game.Both vines go to the left or right, but neither RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU.That sucks....Sometimes it does sometimes it dosen't.

For Melon Master....if i recall, any enemy that even touches your melons gets damaged.The other player will more than like take 160 Damage ish by touching them.
HOWEVER!If with Giants touching the melons dosen't do anything...then wow Camo sucks now smilie
#2345 Posted: 17:56:25 27/04/2013
I don't have smilie but have heard that he's REALLY bad and weak.

From the Toy Collector's App

LIGHTNING LORD
Every upgrade Lightning Lord has is devoted to creating the most powerful Grant Lightning attack in history. You'll get a speed boost, you'll get a pair of damage boosts, and you'll even get the ability to transform into a larger-than-life Lightning Avatar to rain down damage on your foes. If you can't tell already, this path is a blast to play.

Recommended Hat: Winged Hat (or your best Speed hat)
Not only does the Winged Hat look completely awesome on The Rod, it also helps shore up his greatest weakness—a total lack of speed. Easily the best choice.

Damage Numbers:
Grand Lightning: 26
Thrown Bolt: 17
Thrown Bolt Residual Damage: 3
Zapper Shield: 18

Story Mode Rating: 8
If you're looking for the best place to rain down electric doom on a wide variety of targets, bring Rod through Story Mode. Although 26 damage may not seem like a lot for an attack with the fanfare of Grand Lightning, keep in mind that the attack hits multiple times and relatively rapidly. It's no stretch to say that, once you've practiced a bit with the remote control damage of Grand Lightning, Lightning Lord obliterates everything in his path.

Battle Mode Rating: 6
Grand Lightning will steamroll the weaker and slower characters with relative ease, but there's one problem that stops Lightning Lord from ranking any higher than the middle of the pack. What's that, you ask? Well, for all its great power and even greater fanfare, Grand Lightning can be interrupted relatively easily, and this means trouble—especially since this is the only attack you'll be upgrading along this path.

Overall Ranking: 7
Lightning Rod, in many ways, does live up to the hype. Grand Lightning is as powerful as you would expect, and if it weren't for the fact that it can be interrupted, it would be pretty close to the perfect attack. The problem is, it's also pretty much your only attack, leaving Lightning Lord an overall one-dimensional path. In situations where Grand Lightning falters, there's really not much else you can do.

TYPHOON TITAN
Instead of upgrading Lightning Rod's signature Grand Lightning attack, Typhoon Titan instead opts for a more passive and defense-oriented approach featuring an attack all his own, the zapper satellites. These are a series of three protective clouds that deal damage to nearby enemies. They also work very well with the zapper shield, especially after you've purchased Rod's Soul Gem upgrade.

Recommended Hat: Winged Hat
Lightning Rod is a very slow character, and that lack of speed is his chief weakness. You can never completely fix this, but a speed hat at least helps.

Damage Numbers:
Grand Lightning: 15
Thrown Bolt: 17
Thrown Bolt Residual Damage: 3
Zapper Shield: 18
Zapper Satellites: 10

Story Mode Rating: 4
Typhoon Titan functions best up-close, because that's where his zapper satellites do their greatest damage. Problem is, Lightning Rod is very slow, and getting up close to begin with can be a hassle. In the time it takes Typhoon Titan to approach and engage a group of enemies, Lightning Lord will have already wiped them out and be moving in to collect the rewards. Not only that, 10 damage per satellite strike isn't nearly as high as it should be to warrant choosing a whole path for them.

Battle Mode Rating: 3
Typhoon Titan has serious damage issues, and while he has no trouble hitting opponents, actually draining their HP from full to zero is another matter entirely. Faster characters can avoid him entirely, ranged attackers don't need to get close to shoot right through his satellites, and charging melees are not deterred by Typhoon Titan's zapper shield since they do so much more damage up close than he does. This is far from an ideal choice for the versus arena.

Overall Ranking: 3.5
The idea of zapper satellites is a promising one—after all, who wouldn't want a ring of damaging clouds following them wherever they went? Sadly though, this is one of those ideas that only sounds good on paper. In practice, 10 damage is 10 damage—a very low number unless you're striking rapidly, which, on this path, you're not. Lightning Rod was made to use his Grand Lightning, and because of that, Typhoon Titan almost seems like an afterthought.

Where did you get this review of him? It is really good!

EDIT: I love Vine Virtuoso personally! I find aiming the vines isn't too hard. Once your opponent gets caught in the vines, they will take SERIOUS damage! Both paths have weaknesses, but neither are very bad. Camo is just average in Giants. On Melon Master, I find ranged attackers slaughter him, because his Sun Blasts only do 13 damage and move WAY slower than they did in SA, at least on the Wii.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:54:51 29/04/2013 by GhostRoaster24
#2346 Posted: 20:30:43 27/04/2013 | Topic Creator

And in regards to S2 Battledozer Drill Sergeant, he should really moved to C Tier! His Auto-Blaster fires every other shot, and when combined with the MIRV-Drill Rocket damage, it really adds up! He is definitely not D-Tier.

This is actually kind of something I agree with myself! Does anyone else think S2 Drill Sergeant / Battledozer should be bumped up a tier? How well does he actually perform against C Tier characters?

I'm also still in the process of mulling over possibilities of S1 Chop Chop / Undead Defender moving down to E Tier and Warnado / Wind Master moving up to D Tier, so any new and different opinions people can offer on those characters would be really helpful right now, especially ones to do with how those characters actually perform in the tiers they would be moving to.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:34:51 27/04/2013 by EgoNaut
DraculauraXXX Blue Sparx Gems: 654
#2347 Posted: 03:53:03 28/04/2013
In regards to that Lightning Rod post, all it talks about is Series 1
on Series 2, his wow pow actually gives him something to do close range damage with on Typhoon Titan, and combine that with his defense, it makes a pretty good path.
but for Series 1, Lord of the Lightning is much better, since without the wow pow, Grand Lightning is his only way to actually attack, so obviously you would want to upgrade it.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:59:31 28/04/2013 by DraculauraXXX
#2348 Posted: 04:38:15 28/04/2013
^In my opinion, it's the other way around. S1 Lightning rod really REALLY needed something to use at close range and the zapping satellites sufficed. For S2 the wow pow makes a great close range deterrant giving you time to set up your grand lightning which deals 26 damage and can be set up faster than on Typhoon titan.
#2349 Posted: 12:58:47 28/04/2013
Tried Melon Master Camo.

I am in serious confusion.I have no idea what's going on...sometimes I OHKO Chompy bots, sometimes I don't even touch them.
I did notice that (On an unrelated note)Chop Chop's Bone Brambles are better than Camo's Firecracker Vines....lol....
DraculauraXXX Blue Sparx Gems: 654
#2350 Posted: 03:03:13 29/04/2013
for Vine Vertuoso, dosnt the vines "home in" on the target?
wouldn't that make them tons better then Bone Brambles?
First | Previous | Page 47 of 51 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me