darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: GIANTS EDITION.
First | Page 2 of 51 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 49 50 51
The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: GIANTS EDITION. [STICKY]
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7014
#51 Posted: 02:48:43 23/10/2012
I cant wait until October 24th when I get giants!! I will make many suggestions for Goering.
LightSpyro13 Blue Sparx Gems: 861
#52 Posted: 06:47:23 23/10/2012
Why does everyone say smilie (Pook Blade Saint) is Broken? She's good, but not that good.

1. Her combos are pretty lame in PvP, so I don't use those very often.

2. The decoy is completely useless unless you're opponent is slow-witted, gullible, or new to the games. You can still hear her laugh whenever she activates it.

3. She is real fast, but doesn't have any Long-ranged attacks. She can easily be hurt from a distance because she's short-ranged and has very low armor.

I would place her in the Upper A Tier instead of S if I were you. Also, Forest Ninja smilie WAY lower in Tier C, Forest Ninja is ultimate crap in PvP. I got my ass handed to me several times, she should trade spots with smilie on Smash N Bash or smilie on Commander Crab, they're both alot slower but at least stronger.
---
Fins, of fury!
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#53 Posted: 06:51:22 23/10/2012
PBS Stealth Elf is broken. She gets close, you might as well turn off the console. But that's just wimpy, so I just stay still and hand mahself over to PBS
---
cry baby, I am
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#54 Posted: 06:53:28 23/10/2012
1. Seriously? The Z combo lets you easily rack up about 100 damage without doing much at all. The B combo is useless and I'm not even sure what the A combo is, but in terms of pure damage I think that Z combo is honestly the best of the combo attacks.
2. Exactly. You use Acrobatics with her. Never use the decoys unless you are a Forest Ninja.
3. Armor means pretty much nothing in Skylanders, PLUS she has decently fast auto Health Regen to make up for that anyway. For the main point of this script, she doesn't really need any long ranged attacks because she can outspeed and horribly attack every single ranged character in the game other than SoTF Ignitor and FD Zook. Even MB Drobot is unfairly slaughtered by her(because she is so fast she can just run around his attacks and damage him while doing so plus just scythe scythe scythe and deal hundreds of points of damage).

I think Stealth IS overrated but she does not belong below S Tier.
#55 Posted: 07:03:37 23/10/2012
Oh right! Post the nerfs you found for characters in my topic. I guess it relates to tiering.
---
cry baby, I am
#56 Posted: 11:15:56 23/10/2012
Pop Fizz: Best of The Beast!
Lower B.
His damage can be utterly broken and abused if you can get close to your foe. However, the transition into Beast Form leaves you totally vulnerable for about a second and a half! Which gets even more frustrating if you want to choose the secondary Beast Form ability! Pop Fizz is also extremely, extremely slow, and his HP is quite low for the damage that transition makes him suck up. If it weren't for his low speed and mediocre HP Pop Fizz would easily be Upper B, maybe even Lower A, and he could be broken if the transition were faster, but the weakness that switch gives you- and the fact you need to do it again if your opponent simply avoids you- makes him too hulky for his playstyle. He isn't utterly awful, but he is at pure base bad to use.
Aquatic Llama Green Sparx Gems: 436
#57 Posted: 16:02:16 23/10/2012
Fright Rider: Lance a lot
Upper A
This guy can do utterly disgusting damage. Me and my brother were trying out PvP yesterday. IT was my Fright Rider, vs his Nether Wielder Cynder. Both were equal levels. Fright Rider dominated the entire match. I would charge in with the lance then use some combos, and retreat. It was no contest. Cynder couldn't use range against him since he could stay out of reach and teleport. Plus, once I got close to Cynder, I recked her. At the very least, this guy is lower A. He has the right mixture of speed, and power, with a good all around move set.

Bonus if give him the Toy soldier hat and nickname him the Faithful Hussar.

EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#58 Posted: 18:00:30 23/10/2012 | Topic Creator

• Pop Fizz / Best of the Beast placed in Lower B.
  • Fright Rider / Lance a Lot placed in Upper A.
  • EDIT: Cynder / Shadow Dancer moved to Upper A, because Lower A looked way too low for her. I may move her to S Tier later if anyone thinks she deserves it?

I could do with knowing the names of the other paths of Pop Fizz and Fright Rider.

Also, any other thoughts on moving Season 1 Ignitor / Blademaster down a tier?
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:05:52 23/10/2012 by EgoNaut
#59 Posted: 18:23:38 23/10/2012
You should add the wii tier. That's the system I play.
#60 Posted: 18:42:58 23/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Mrmorrises
You should add the wii tier. That's the system I play.

The current tier list is for all consoles until we make specific discoveries that any particular version or versions are different.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:44:03 23/10/2012 by EgoNaut
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#61 Posted: 19:20:55 23/10/2012
I'm gonna throw this out right now: THIS FORMAT WILL NOT WORK!! There are too many arenas with very different playstyles for each. They all favor different skylanders. Stagnant tier systems would have to be made for each arena for this to mean anything, and too many players will only give feedback on the arenas that help the skylanders they like the most. The information is doomed to be flawed.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
#62 Posted: 21:03:11 23/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Earth-Dragon
I'm gonna throw this out right now: THIS FORMAT WILL NOT WORK!! There are too many arenas with very different playstyles for each. They all favor different skylanders. Stagnant tier systems would have to be made for each arena for this to mean anything, and too many players will only give feedback on the arenas that help the skylanders they like the most. The information is doomed to be flawed.

In theory you're probably right, but in practice, I think it won't matter.
The project should soldier on, and any issues that become as pronounced as you say they are will be dealt with as they come, even if it means making multiple tier lists for different situations. If the different arenas favour significantly different playing styles, for example, then we will probably find ways to categorise these playing styles, maybe making a different tier list for each, or encorporating them in to the format some other way.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 21:08:07 23/10/2012 by EgoNaut
#63 Posted: 23:52:01 23/10/2012
Well, every player has a different style, so, this list is almost based on opinions of one guy.
---
cry baby, I am
#64 Posted: 00:43:18 24/10/2012
Quote: WUMBOSIMPSON
Well, every player has a different style, so, this list is almost based on opinions of one guy.

No its based on the opinions of the community. It's a useful resource for everyone. It may not be perfect, but it's pretty darn good.
#65 Posted: 00:47:36 24/10/2012
Well, this guy just puts his opinions in, and then others can change it. Besides, my play styles make the tiers different. Like my Ultimate Spinner smilie would be lower or upper A.
---
cry baby, I am
#66 Posted: 00:49:42 24/10/2012
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=60463

Sorry, he does not belong in the upper A tier.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:50:25 24/10/2012 by Aquatic Llama
#67 Posted: 00:52:27 24/10/2012
Well, he does beat the Hammer Stump Smash.
---
cry baby, I am
#68 Posted: 00:55:02 24/10/2012
For them to move up, they must be able to consistently beat most/some characters of that tier. Beating one guy isn't enough.
#69 Posted: 00:57:25 24/10/2012
Oh. Then I guess he's fine where he is.
---
cry baby, I am
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#70 Posted: 01:25:12 24/10/2012
Quote: EgoNaut

• Pop Fizz / Best of the Beast placed in Lower B.
  • Fright Rider / Lance a Lot placed in Upper A.
  • EDIT: Cynder / Shadow Dancer moved to Upper A, because Lower A looked way too low for her. I may move her to S Tier later if anyone thinks she deserves it?

I could do with knowing the names of the other paths of Pop Fizz and Fright Rider.

Also, any other thoughts on moving Season 1 Ignitor / Blademaster down a tier?

I know I already put my two cents in for him, but I still support S1 Blademaster for a lower tier.
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#71 Posted: 01:49:08 24/10/2012
Even with arena differences, some characters still stand tall. If anything, it will make tiers even MORE defined, as we figure out which characters have the fewest arena-based disadvantages. I already predict this playing in the favor of the characters who used to be broken, but got even stronger, like Ignitor.
#72 Posted: 01:52:01 24/10/2012
I wonder if Double Trouble will still be the God he was in spyros adventure(on the wii version)
#73 Posted: 13:36:05 24/10/2012
Chop Chop is out of the basement, you guys. Faster, more accurate, and his attacks/shield actually work like they're supposed to now. They fixed the character, and he's probably going to vault up at least two tiers as a result. Not S-rank by any means, but way better than he used to be.
#74 Posted: 13:37:53 24/10/2012
Huh? Did they change something about him? I haven't tried S2 much, so I don't know if he's gotten boosted up by the Wow Pow, does it increase the sheild durability or something? It's also good to see you posting again Tash.
#75 Posted: 13:49:41 24/10/2012
There are actually a lot of fixes to Chop Chop, I'll list a few I've noticed just within the first 30 minutes of playing the character.

-He walks faster.
-He attacks faster, and his attacks "tick" more often.
-His shield blocks more accurately and seems to protect him better than its flimsy S1 counterpart.
-I haven't tried his Wow Pow yet, but it weaponizes the shield and looks good.

I also expect that his shield upgrades work now, and it won't be dropping under the slightest bit of damage anymore.

Most of the changes are game physics; the new Giants engine that made Ignitor's sword more accurate has done wonders for Chop Chop as well. He's really worth playing now, and this is coming from perhaps his biggest S1 hater.

Good to be back.
#76 Posted: 13:51:24 24/10/2012
I did notice the differences on Ignitor.
Chop Chop's changes seem interesting... Looks like he's next on my Series 2 upgrade list.
Geekycat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1184
#77 Posted: 14:48:13 24/10/2012
Just a question- Do the new fixes to CC apply to a carried over S1 figure?
---
If you can't think of something clever to say, ask someone like me.
#78 Posted: 15:47:54 24/10/2012
I can't wait to try out Chop Chop. Thanks for the heads up Tashiji.
#79 Posted: 16:20:43 24/10/2012
Geekycat- I'd assume so since this is an engine change rather than character change.
Geekycat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1184
#80 Posted: 17:29:55 24/10/2012
^Thanks, I might check at the weekend.
---
If you can't think of something clever to say, ask someone like me.
#81 Posted: 18:21:16 24/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Tashiji
Even with arena differences, some characters still stand tall. If anything, it will make tiers even MORE defined, as we figure out which characters have the fewest arena-based disadvantages. I already predict this playing in the favor of the characters who used to be broken, but got even stronger, like Ignitor.

This is an angle on the issue that I didn't consider. Good thinking.

Oh, and it's great to have you back, Tashiji.

So anyway, this stuff about Chop Chop's improvements sound awesome! Somehow I always knew TfB would do something for the poor guy.
Someone name me the tiers to put Chop Chop's paths in, and i'll put them there!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:21:51 24/10/2012 by EgoNaut
#82 Posted: 18:53:05 24/10/2012
Yes, all versions of Chop Chop, old and new, are better from a game physics perspective. S2 is obviously going to be the best one because of the Wow Pow power, but both S1 figures have all the engine-based improvements. Chop Chop in general has been fixed, and is not bad anymore.

As for tiers, I have a feeling Vampiric Warrior will be higher this time around, as most of the fixes made his melee better. Not sure on tiers though, but maybe this weekend V and I will actually get to play for more than a few minutes. If anyone else tests him out first, let us know!
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#83 Posted: 19:06:07 24/10/2012
Is there nothing that doesn't have tiers? First Pokemon, then Smash Bros, now this. How can there be tiers if everyone hasn't been released yet?
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
#84 Posted: 19:17:12 24/10/2012
Because tiers change and evolve over time. Tiers following Wave 3 will obviously change, you're right, but that doesn't defeat the purpose of knowing which characters are powerful right now.
#85 Posted: 19:22:12 24/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: PinkWater
Is there nothing that doesn't have tiers? First Pokemon, then Smash Bros, now this. How can there be tiers if everyone hasn't been released yet?

Because tier lists are just fun. smilie What other reason!?

EDIT: Random observation: Ignitor's flame spirit form stays out for less time now before it automatically gets returned to Ignitor's armour. I doubt it'll affect SotF's tier though.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:24:08 24/10/2012 by EgoNaut
#86 Posted: 19:37:34 24/10/2012
Camo and Voodood got nerfed. Camo's melons can roll before exploding and can't be launched by the player. Voodood's tripwire is pathetically small and his zipline should be called snailine.
---
cry baby, I am
#87 Posted: 19:43:39 24/10/2012
^ Agree with both those observations so they must now be considered.
Quote: Tashiji
Because tiers change and evolve over time. Tiers following Wave 3 will obviously change, you're right, but that doesn't defeat the purpose of knowing which characters are powerful right now.

Exactly, like with Smogon, you don't see them not make lists because of upcoming events.
#88 Posted: 19:45:33 24/10/2012
Hex is better now. Her spinning skull shield ticks rapidly, and bone walls actually do damage to other players on the HD consoles this time. Her Wow Pow also gives her the big attack she was lacking in S:SA. Bone Crafter works more like it was intended to this time, and she's now a viable alternative to Zook as a tankish character.
#89 Posted: 19:54:51 24/10/2012
smilie (Both Paths, he not that bad), smilie (Tempest Dragon), smilie (Golden Money Bags), & smilie (Telsa Dragon) should be placed a little bit higher.

smilie (Pulver Dragon), smilie (Vine Virtuso), smilie (Sheep burner Spyro), & smilie (Nether Welder, the larger lightning was the only useful upgrade. But Still useless for me regardless) should be placed a little lower.
---
Fins, of fury!
#90 Posted: 21:19:23 24/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Actually, LightSpyro13, I'd really apreciate it if you could find out a particular piece of information for me: Could you check out whether all those cool tricks you said Stump Smash / Smash 'n Bash could do (using his Meganut for protection and stuff) are possible in Giants?

As for your other suggestions for all those other characters, you need to state your reasons for why you want them moved before I can consider moving them. State reasons that apply specifically to 'Giants if possible.
---
#91 Posted: 21:22:25 24/10/2012
Hey a quick question what is Jet vacs Health at level 15?
#92 Posted: 21:36:07 24/10/2012
Gill grunt can't shoot water and starfish at the same time, or at least, when you shoot starfish the water come out as a dribble.

Prism Beams lasers are now thinner and my brother told me that sometimes the crystals don't do damage.
#93 Posted: 22:10:28 24/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aquatic Llama
Gill grunt can't shoot water and starfish at the same time, or at least, when you shoot starfish the water come out as a dribble.

That's... completely not true. I've been water-spraying and starfishing at the same time like I always did in Spyro's Adventure.
Does anyone else have comments on this? I'm interested (and worried) to know whether this might actually be a version difference.
---
#94 Posted: 22:12:00 24/10/2012
Quote: LightSpyro13
smilie (Both Paths, he not that bad), smilie (Tempest Dragon), smilie (Golden Money Bags), & smilie (Telsa Dragon) should be placed a little bit higher.

smilie (Pulver Dragon), smilie (Vine Virtuso), smilie (Sheep burner Spyro), & smilie (Nether Welder, the larger lightning was the only useful upgrade. But Still useless for me regardless) should be placed a little lower.

Are you lowering the ones you think are overrated? smilie
---
cry baby, I am
#95 Posted: 22:56:49 24/10/2012
Quote: EgoNaut
Quote: Aquatic Llama

That's... completely not true. I've been water-spraying and starfishing at the same time like I always did in Spyro's Adventure.
Does anyone else have comments on this? I'm interested (and worried) to know whether this might actually be a version difference.

We were playing giants yesterday. My brother was using a series 1, lv.10, fully upgraded Gill grunt down the water weaver path. Whenever he wanted to shoot Starfish the water would only shoot out a small distance in front of the gun. He can do it at the same time, just the water's range is severely cut down. No lie.
#96 Posted: 23:01:31 24/10/2012
Show us. Anyways, Sunburn Blaze Dragon is now S Tier or Upper A Tier, because now the 30 damage hit's a lot more rapidly.
---
cry baby, I am
#97 Posted: 23:05:15 24/10/2012
Quote: WUMBOSIMPSON
Show us. Anyways, Sunburn Blaze Dragon is now S Tier or Upper A Tier, because now the 30 damage hit's a lot more rapidly.

Just play the game!
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#98 Posted: 00:39:03 25/10/2012
I have just done some testing on some S1 characters.

GILL GRUNT: Aquatic Llama is correct, to an extent. Yes, on the Wii version, whenever you shoot a starfish, the water range goes down severly. HOWEVER: This affect lasts for less than a second and shouldn't change Gill's tier. The only trouble is when you are shooting them repeatedly, but you can still shoot the starfish quite quickly while letting the water flow in between each shot.

CHOP CHOP: The sword attacks have greatly improved. He does so many more ticks of damage with that AND the bone brambles. The shield also has proven to be much better, but not as much as the sword. They really changed him.

ZAP: Is it just me, or does the electrified slime damage tick faster than normal? I have been able to do damage much quicker with it, it seems. And the wave seems to shoot faster. Can someone test this too, because I want to know if it is just me or not.

SUNBURN: Sunburn has also improved, I believe. His flamethrower attack ticks much faster. HIs dash goes a little bit faster than normal, and I believe the teleportation also goes quicker, making it less of a risky move.
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
#99 Posted: 02:56:16 25/10/2012
Quote: Mrmorrises
Triple anchor cannons. That'll be hard to dodge in Pvp.

Actually, they're not really anchor cannons. It's a different attack. I read that in the Official Game Guide Book (it shows the upgrades, wow pows, & Soul Gems of ALL of them; even the non-reposed guys and the new ones who aren't even out yet) , three big harpoons are shot out and home on to enemies, but do weaker damage. I can't fully remember, so it could partially be incorrect. I'll be sure to read the Guide Book the next time I go to a store.
---
Fins, of fury!
#100 Posted: 05:51:28 25/10/2012
I made my own Tier List project too, but don't worry, it's not entirely too much like yours. It has a HUGE difference from your list: It applies to all Battle Modes except Arena Rumble. There are already alot of Arena Ruble lists.

But just to be sure: Does your project apply only to Arena Rumble?
---
Fins, of fury!
First | Page 2 of 51 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 49 50 51

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me