darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: GIANTS EDITION.
First | Previous | Page 46 of 51 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: GIANTS EDITION. [STICKY]
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#2251 Posted: 23:11:59 04/04/2013
Quote: wreckingballbob
Quote: EgoNaut

• S1 Wrecking Ball / Total Tongue moved up to S Tier.
  • S1 Trigger Happy / Golden Frenzy moved up to S Tier.
  • Gill Grunt (Both Series) / (Both Paths) moved up to S Tier, due to him being the best Skylander.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT WORKED MY TIME MACHINE WORKED!
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
slambam104 Gold Sparx Gems: 2464
#2252 Posted: 15:54:56 05/04/2013
I think pop Fizz Best of the Beast should be moved to B tier because he can stay in beast for a very long amount of time and in that time he can deal a lot of damage. Even if is slow he can move fast while using his lunge attack to cover far distance. Also, the potion lobbing attack is till fine, dealing 22 damage and he can throw them pretty fast.
GhostRoaster24 Blue Sparx Gems: 942
#2253 Posted: 19:33:29 05/04/2013
I'm not too sure about that, because the upgrade that when defeating enemies increases the Beast Form meter is completely useless in PvP, with the exception of Sonic Boom. Plus, he has to transform into this "Beast Form." And ranged attackers, especially Flameslinger can murder him! He has no long ranged attack. That being said, if you can get close, you can abuse his powerful swipes! But his mediocre speed and HP really hinder him. Similar to a better Trigger Happy... in a way.... kinda...
---
Tumblr: hunter-alex
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#2254 Posted: 20:41:24 05/04/2013
He doesn't need to defeat an enemy to increase the beast form meter. Plus, remember that his beast form isn't his ONLY good attack, his potion lobbing is still pretty good on the path. I do agree with him going to B.
#2255 Posted: 21:40:35 05/04/2013
IMO it seems like a rather useless upgrade, maybe not to others, but it is to me. The worst is that you must transform to use his beast form, and it can't even be used infinitely! And if you have to transform to use his attacks, which leaves you vulnerable for a few seconds, wide open to be attacked. His slow speed doesn't help either! While, I tend to prefer Mad Scientist, Best of the Beast is not a bad path at all! It just (at least to me,) doesn't compare to other Skylander paths.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:49:47 05/04/2013 by GhostRoaster24
#2256 Posted: 22:48:48 05/04/2013
You can cover his speed problems in beast form by using the attack I find most useful,the lunge via drinking the purple potion. Transforming into a beast isn't a problem whatsoever, just do it at the start of the match, when your opponent won't be able to strike you.
#2257 Posted: 23:08:44 05/04/2013
But what happens when the meter runs out?
---
#2258 Posted: 23:20:18 05/04/2013
If you know how to chase someone down in beast form by using your attacks to boost your speed you should not need to worry about it running out at the wrong time. But if it does run out, you're not helpless outside of beast form. As I, and Slambam104 said his other potion attacks have plenty utility outside of beast form.
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#2259 Posted: 23:51:19 05/04/2013 | Topic Creator
I find Best of the Beast's beast form doesn't really run out all that often on its own, seeing as the upgarde that refills the meter does so just by landing attacks, not by actually defeating anything.
The purple potion lunge attack isn't as good a speed move as theory would suggest. It can be a little clunky, and it's mediocre at moving up elevations.

Seeing as we're on the topic of Pop Fizz, i've been really meaning to ask something: Is anybody else getting a thing with Pop Fizz specifically in PvP where his beast form just - stops instantly? I think it happens when he takes a large ammount of damage in one go or something, but I've seen him just instantly un-transform sometimes in really inconvenient places, regardless of how full his beast form meter was. I'm wondering whether anyone else has noticed this happen or whether it's just me?
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
JakeJones Blue Sparx Gems: 533
#2260 Posted: 23:56:46 05/04/2013
Quote: slambam104
I think pop Fizz Best of the Beast should be moved to B tier because he can stay in beast for a very long amount of time and in that time he can deal a lot of damage. Even if is slow he can move fast while using his lunge attack to cover far distance. Also, the potion lobbing attack is till fine, dealing 22 damage and he can throw them pretty fast.

No way in hell.
---
Foot ball kicks butt and balls.
#2261 Posted: 23:59:19 05/04/2013
I find Best of the Beast's beast form doesn't really run out all that often on its own, seeing as the upgarde that refills the meter does so just by landing attacks, not by actually defeating anything.
The purple potion lunge attack isn't as good a speed move as theory would suggest. It can be a little clunky, and it's mediocre at moving up elevations.

Seeing as we're on the topic of Pop Fizz, i've been really meaning to ask something: Is anybody else getting a thing with Pop Fizz specifically in PvP where his beast form just - stops instantly? I think it happens when he takes a large ammount of damage in one go or something, but I've seen him just instantly un-transform sometimes in really inconvenient places, regardless of how full his beast form meter was. I'm wondering whether anyone else has noticed this happen or whether it's just me?

That actually does happen with him sometimes, but not often. Plus, he usually can deal some good damage before beast form wears out or he gets popped out of it.
#2262 Posted: 00:00:42 06/04/2013
Best of the Beast deserves to be in B tier.
#2263 Posted: 14:05:59 06/04/2013
Eh, why not... But, he does get really hurt by ranged attackers. Should I get Pop Fizz? I almost got him yesterday, but instead got S2 Hex.
---
#2264 Posted: 21:59:03 06/04/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster24
Eh, why not... But, he does get really hurt by ranged attackers. Should I get Pop Fizz? I almost got him yesterday, but instead got S2 Hex.

Yes you should get him.
#2265 Posted: 22:49:55 06/04/2013
Wait, you did not have Pop fizz all this time that you were debating the tier placement of Best of the beast...?
#2266 Posted: 23:47:59 06/04/2013
Quote: Mrmorrises
Wait, you did not have Pop fizz all this time that you were debating the tier placement of Best of the beast...?

Er... I have played with him at my friend's house on several occasions before. *blush* I know how to play him, but I.... do not own a Pop Fizz... *second blush* Let's just move him to B Tier, my arguments are... theories... so to say... smilie
---
LightSpyro13 Blue Sparx Gems: 861
#2267 Posted: 00:38:49 07/04/2013
No! Keep Best of the Beast in C tier where he already is. Even with the Purple Potion's Pounce attack, Pop Fizz is too slow to catch his opponent and has relatively poor range in many of his attacks. Additionally, he isn't that damaging and there are plenty of Brawlers that deal better damage than he does. His strongest attacks either too slow (such as the Potion Explosion) or poor ranged and will have to rely on his low-damaging potions.

His most critical problem though, is his transformation between the 2 forms. It is really slow and laggy, which enables the opponent to either get a free hit or cover up their vulnerability.

Overall Best of the Beast Pop Fizz is a very mediocre character who can't compete too well with the B tier to get moved up.
---
Fins, of fury!
#2268 Posted: 12:36:20 07/04/2013
Quote: LightSpyro13
No! Keep Best of the Beast in C tier where he already is. Even with the Purple Potion's Pounce attack, Pop Fizz is too slow to catch his opponent and has relatively poor range in many of his attacks. Additionally, he isn't that damaging and there are plenty of Brawlers that deal better damage than he does. His strongest attacks either too slow (such as the Potion Explosion) or poor ranged and will have to rely on his low-damaging potions.

His most critical problem though, is his transformation between the 2 forms. It is really slow and laggy, which enables the opponent to either get a free hit or cover up their vulnerability.

Overall Best of the Beast Pop Fizz is a very mediocre character who can't compete too well with the B tier to get moved up.

Even if he is slow the skylander he is against will have to come close sometime and in that time Popfizz can deal the damage he missed out on when the oppent was running away.
#2269 Posted: 13:50:58 07/04/2013
Can anyone confirm that Drobot still rotates like a turret while in hover mode on the PS3 and PC version of the game? Or was this just in Spyro's Adventure?
---
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#2270 Posted: 14:46:31 07/04/2013
Drobot/Master Blaster needs to return to S tier. He beats all the S tiers! so put him back!
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#2271 Posted: 14:57:25 07/04/2013
Quote: Sleepy0429
Drobot/Master Blaster needs to return to S tier. He beats all the S tiers! so put him back!

I don't know if he should because of the health boost it will give the oppent time to run up at Drobot and deal a ton of damage.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:37:04 10/04/2013 by slambam104
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3319
#2272 Posted: 15:11:34 07/04/2013
I agree with moving poop fizz to B, I find it hard to lose with him, he was my first newlander (not counting crusher and tree Rex, my first 3 from day one) and I use him alot still, I dunno if it's just alot of skill I have with him or my bro just sucks at the game, WHICH HE DOES NOT, HES BEATEN ME PKENTY OF TIMES SO DON'T INSTIGATE THAT! anyway, I never lose with him, he's a solid character, plus I don't think it takes that long to transform, once you get into beast form he is very strong If you usE him right
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#2273 Posted: 15:43:59 07/04/2013
Quote: flashwingftw
I agree with moving poop fizz to B, I find it hard to lose with him, he was my first newlander (not counting crusher and tree Rex, my first 3 from day one) and I use him alot still, I dunno if it's just alot of skill I have with him or my bro just sucks at the game, WHICH HE DOES NOT, HES BEATEN ME PKENTY OF TIMES SO DON'T INSTIGATE THAT! anyway, I never lose with him, he's a solid character, plus I don't think it takes that long to transform, once you get into beast form he is very strong If you usE him right

Poop Fizz?
---
#2274 Posted: 15:49:43 07/04/2013
Quote: Sleepy0429

Eh....his nerfs have gotten the best of him. S2 Stump smash and Eye brawl kind of replace his postition in S tier.

EDIT: Flashwingftw, I totally agree. The transformation time is hardly a problem and it's NOT hard to catch up to your opponent, just utilize his attacks or a bounce pad/teleporter.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:51:59 07/04/2013 by Mrmorrises
#2275 Posted: 16:16:51 07/04/2013
Yeah Popfizz does not belong in C tier he should be moved up to B tier even if he is slow and has trouble catching the oppent but, when he does it is worth all the running around.
#2276 Posted: 17:32:49 07/04/2013
I'm sure people have already stated this before me, but Voodood on Marauder is just, unbelievable. His 42 damage per swipe axe is just unreal! Plus, he swings it rather quickly, plus he has great HP! And his Zipline Axe, if used properly, is the icing on the cake! Very, very solid Skylander. Now imagine him with a Wow Pow! smilie
---
#2277 Posted: 17:50:16 07/04/2013
Yeah, REPOSE VOODOOD!!!!
#2278 Posted: 22:12:37 07/04/2013
Quote: wreckingballbob

Poop Fizz?

Yup ;p All day every day
---
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#2279 Posted: 22:32:38 07/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Can anyone confirm that Drobot still rotates like a turret while in hover mode on the PS3 and PC version of the game? Or was this just in Spyro's Adventure?

Spyro's Adventure and Giants have alot of game engine differences when it comes to the original 32 Skylanders. It is important to distinguish between the two games when posting things here. Are you certain you think you saw this "turret rotation" thing in a version of Giants and not a version of Spyro's Adventure?

This whole matter of whether to move Pop Fizz / Best of the Beast to B Tier is still looking a little divisive to me. For the moment, i'm going to wait to hear some more opinions and facts from a few different people and give it some thought myself before I think about moving him.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#2280 Posted: 23:03:27 07/04/2013

Spyro's Adventure and Giants have alot of game engine differences when it comes to the original 32 Skylanders. It is important to distinguish between the two games when posting things here. Are you certain you think you saw this "turret rotation" thing in a version of Giants and not a version of Spyro's Adventure?

This whole matter of whether to move Pop Fizz / Best of the Beast to B Tier is still looking a little divisive to me. For the moment, i'm going to wait to hear some more opinions and facts from a few different people and give it some thought myself before I think about moving him.

Almost positive! Unless I am crazy and seeing things, it was definitely A Giants game. It was PS3.
---
boomer has it Green Sparx Gems: 304
#2281 Posted: 23:13:48 07/04/2013
Sprocket gear head for b tier. Today I was playing pvp and she won against:
S2 zap tesla dragon
S2 eruptor volcanor
S1 hex bone crafter
S1 smilie conjurer
Pls consider this!
---
credit to kappa for my avatar
#2282 Posted: 01:35:40 08/04/2013
^ I think she's best where she is, I like the path more personally but it's def not stronger than operator, idk how you could muster the strength to beat all those guys unless the opponent was playing with his/her elbows
---
R.I.P to my wallet
#2283 Posted: 01:50:38 08/04/2013
^ I think she's best where she is, I like the path more personally but it's def not stronger than operator, idk how you could muster the strength to beat all those guys unless the opponent was playing with his/her elbows

Nope, my opponent is very good at this game, especially with s2 eruptor
---
#2284 Posted: 15:27:58 08/04/2013
But we would need more than just your opinion to boost her, idc where she ends up but I don't think she would make B tier, I guess someone would have to test her against the tier
Reasons you may have won against volcanor is because he needs to be close to be at his best, since gear head is a projectile path, she can play keep away, same for s1 conjurer, DT needs to be relatively close to hit someone with the beam and bombs, the minions don't really help
---
R.I.P to my wallet
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:29:47 08/04/2013 by flashwingftw
#2285 Posted: 19:25:16 08/04/2013
Well, my strategy was to let them get close, run away a very small distance and set up the turrets.plus, I beat them all using only the turret/tank
---
#2286 Posted: 19:29:52 08/04/2013
^ that is the point of the path
---
R.I.P to my wallet
#2287 Posted: 19:53:54 08/04/2013
Plus you can drop mines while retreating in the tank, don't forget that.
#2288 Posted: 20:48:14 08/04/2013
Quote: Mrmorrises
Plus you can drop mines while retreating in the tank, don't forget that.

That is something very good on the path.
#2289 Posted: 23:37:43 08/04/2013
I believe that Gearhead wasn't as bad as it was made out to be when Sprocket first came out.
---
#2290 Posted: 23:43:17 08/04/2013
I think Sprocket is kinda imbetween C tier and B tier.
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#2291 Posted: 01:05:12 09/04/2013
Shroomboom Barrier Boost should go down to C tier.

A ranged character just kills him...no competition.
#2292 Posted: 01:19:29 09/04/2013
Quote: CommanderGame

I don't know he seems to fit in with B tier.
#2293 Posted: 01:50:16 09/04/2013

Don't forget that his mushrooms bounce! They can reach surprisingly long distances by just bouncing around the arena!
---
wrecknroll Yellow Sparx Gems: 1167
#2294 Posted: 11:43:42 09/04/2013
I was vs my friend and he was using ignitor on blademaster and i was using fright rider on joust jockey but i couldnt get close with jousting because i was scared of being hit 3 times (and possibly the flame form while i was running from him) so ignitor is a is my go to after chill and bash and double trouble so yeah blademaster is good and as much as soul of the flame is unique its not very useful in pvp
---
My collection! http://imgur.com/gallery/G7lsX
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#2295 Posted: 11:44:44 09/04/2013
Quote: slambam104
S*snip*

I don't know he seems to fit in with B tier.

I think B tier is too high, but C is too low...

*snip*

Don't forget that his mushrooms bounce! They can reach surprisingly long distances by just bouncing around the arena!

And it's surprisingly easy to avoid too, not to mention how unaccurate the attack is.
DOWN WITH SHROOMBOOM.
#2296 Posted: 11:46:57 09/04/2013

Even a character like terrafin and slam bam would bring down shroomboom in pvp but shroomboom would probably be useful in story mode but i wouldnt know so much since i dont have him
---
#2297 Posted: 11:50:29 09/04/2013
Quote: boomer has it
Sprocket gear head for b tier. Today I was playing pvp and she won against:
S2 zap tesla dragon
S2 eruptor volcanor
S1 hex bone crafter
S1 smilie conjurer
Pls consider this!

She most likely took down double trouble coz of advantage in element but i have no idea about others especially hex.
---
#2298 Posted: 11:58:16 09/04/2013
Can some of us please get back to discussing pop fizz on the beast path should be moved to B tier? As I said, he requires some skill and he's weak to ranged attackers, but once he gets close, it's hard to not win with him in my opinion, and just because he's slow or has mediocre health doesn't mean he isn't a force to be reckond with, besides I spam the main attack button to move faster smilie
---
R.I.P to my wallet
#2299 Posted: 12:01:43 09/04/2013
Quote: LightSpyro13
Since you asked, I'll tell ya the ones that caught my eye (360 version only, Wii users will be ignored).

smilie Sheep Burner Spyro: Are you kidding? Sheep Burner Spyro is terrible in PvP; not average, not good, not great. The Flame Shield doesn't benefit at all, the Daybringer Flame does only 30 damage and is pretty slow, and the Exploding Flameballs are pretty worthless. My Spyro got his ass handed to him several times, he is so much stronger on Blitz Spyro.

smilie Nether Welder: Seriously? Why does everyone like Nether Welder? I find it Ultimately worthless! All it does is make weak exploding ghosts, a longer hold duration, and the lightning gets thicker and longer. It's pretty lame, and my Cynder barely won any fights on that path.

smilie Sandhog: Not broken, he;s not as strong in pvp as everyone says on this path. Razorfin only does 15 damage, so it's not very great. The most important weakness on this path is Master Earth Swimmer. That makes him so fast its very difficult to control, so it's a problem around platforms & obstacles. Also, he'll have to rely too much on Dirt Swimming, he's not so powerful in the surface because his mini sharks & punches do weak damage without Brawler. Should be placed a little lower than S tier.

smilie Telsa Dragon: He's not as weak as everyone says he is. It's definately better than Sea Slime Serpent in PvP, that path is fun but kind of useless. At least the bouncing Lightning and Electric Wave helps, and Telsa Storm helps a bit too.

I made my own personal Tier list.

Cynder can continually use lightning against people on nether welder but if they have something like terrafin on brawler path the mini sharks and stum smashs thorns she might struggle so mid tier is the place for her (her wow pow is useless)
---
#2300 Posted: 12:03:10 09/04/2013
Can some of us please get back to discussing pop fizz on the beast path should be moved to B tier? As I said, he requires some skill and he's weak to ranged attackers, but once he gets close, it's hard to not win with him in my opinion, and just because he's slow or has mediocre health doesn't mean he isn't a force to be reckond with, besides I spam the main attack button to move faster smilie

Pop fizz is still better on mad scientist because of his huge explosions from orange potion

smilie
---
First | Previous | Page 46 of 51 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me