Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > The Official Skylanders Mega Bloks Thread
First | Previous | Page 5 of 16 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16
The Official Skylanders Mega Bloks Thread [CLOSED]
Mega Bloks Green Sparx Gems: 173
#201 Posted: 20:01:03 16/11/2012
Glad she likes it! Dragons was a really cool line. Sadly it was mostly before my time, though I worked really closely on the more recent Dragons Universe.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#202 Posted: 20:02:45 16/11/2012
I can't wait for the future sets!
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#203 Posted: 20:03:18 16/11/2012
I WANT THE ZOOK!
#204 Posted: 20:09:46 16/11/2012
Shhhhhhh!! It's a secret to everybody.
(If you get the reference I give you a cookie.)
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#205 Posted: 20:11:09 16/11/2012
Zook is one of my favorites.

But I may have a new favorite life..... *points to tree rex*
#206 Posted: 20:52:00 16/11/2012
I was pretty blown away when we first got the Tree Rex fig. In general, our figs have been evolving really rapidly ever since the Halo line began almost 5 years ago. I don't think there's anyone else making action figures at this size and this level of articulation and quality.

... yeah, I kind of love tiny action figures.
deantjeep Green Sparx Gems: 403
#207 Posted: 21:13:02 16/11/2012
Quote: Mega Bloks
Glad she likes it! Dragons was a really cool line. Sadly it was mostly before my time, though I worked really closely on the more recent Dragons Universe.

I spent many hours with my daughter, building the large Dragon sets. She has quite a number of those large sets. I still have some large sets and dragons that she hasn't even seen yet. Bought them a while back for Christmas, but never put them out. She is absolutely gaga over the Skylanders sets, so keep em coming. I know she will want them all. I have 3 sets so far for her for Christmas. She loves Cynder and Sypro the most, as she has all the Spyro videogames. Maybe you can make a really cool set starring both Cynder and Spyro!
#208 Posted: 21:31:57 16/11/2012
That's a great idea, thanks! I hope you'll post some pictures of your daughter and our stuff smilie
laminated Yellow Sparx Gems: 1046
#209 Posted: 21:34:12 16/11/2012
I was pretty blown away when we first got the Tree Rex fig. In general, our figs have been evolving really rapidly ever since the Halo line began almost 5 years ago. I don't think there's anyone else making action figures at this size and this level of articulation and quality.

... yeah, I kind of love tiny action figures.

I'm the exact same. I remember when the Pyrates line came out and I was BLOWN-AWAY by the fact these little guys had so much articulation, it was the first toy line that I fell in love with and brought everything that I could!

In regards to others making similar figs, have you seen what Erector/Meccano have done with their Gears of War license?
The figures they've just brought out are quite similar to yours!
[User Posted Image]
Photo credit to SirTank from The Bloks Forum
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:45:54 16/11/2012 by laminated
#210 Posted: 21:37:11 16/11/2012
Ahh, Pyrates! It's showing that I've only been working here for three years – it's true that a lot of innovation was happening even before Halo.
#211 Posted: 21:44:39 16/11/2012
So... if spring in the toy industry is early on in the year, does this mean the Starcraft sets are coming even sooner than we expected? smilie

Do you know when we can expect info on that line? Will it get a big early reveal similar to what the WoW summer wave got? Or will we just see images and info appear on foreign toy websites? smilie

Hope you don't mind me asking Brad!
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3791
#212 Posted: 14:25:03 17/11/2012
Quote: deantjeep

I spent many hours with my daughter, building the large Dragon sets. She has quite a number of those large sets. I still have some large sets and dragons that she hasn't even seen yet. Bought them a while back for Christmas, but never put them out. She is absolutely gaga over the Skylanders sets, so keep em coming. I know she will want them all. I have 3 sets so far for her for Christmas. She loves Cynder and Sypro the most, as she has all the Spyro videogames. Maybe you can make a really cool set starring both Cynder and Spyro!

Heheh same I would love a Spyro and Cynder one since I have all the other Spyro games!
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
#213 Posted: 15:01:40 17/11/2012
A big shout out to Diggeh for this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And another for Brad at Mega Bloks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't go a day without checking in here...
Diggeh Emerald Sparx Gems: 3153
#214 Posted: 03:59:33 18/11/2012 | Topic Creator
[UPDATE]

• The sets are separated on the main page by: Construction, Battle Play, Puzzles
  • Unlock Your Character has been added! Make sure you use dashes in your code entry.

Registering your Skylander unlocks them in your Mega Bloks collection. This allows you to make custom wallpapers and helps you keep track of your Skylanders!

Everyone but Frigid Chompie unlocks for me so far.

The best part? It saves as a high quality wallpaper!

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
LegoLander Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#215 Posted: 17:06:22 18/11/2012
Quote: Matteomax
Lego's are extremely overpriced. I know this because they fill my ENTIRE house!

Let's compare these sets:

New Jabba's Palace: $119
Pieces: 717

OVERPRICED

Kaos's Castle Conquest:$119

Pieces: 924

Better..

Lego Malevolence, Republic Frigate, Turbo tank, Republic gunship, Venator class cruiser: $119
pieces: 1000+
And with complex build MB can't match. (Although I only have two.)
---
The person who finally changed his Christmas avatar. Give me a cookie.
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#216 Posted: 20:31:14 18/11/2012
Quote: LegoLander
Lego's are extremely overpriced. I know this because they fill my ENTIRE house!

Let's compare these sets:

New Jabba's Palace: $119
Pieces: 717

OVERPRICED

Kaos's Castle Conquest:$119

Pieces: 924

Better..

Lego Malevolence, Republic Frigate, Turbo tank, Republic gunship, Venator class cruiser: $119
pieces: 1000+
And with complex build MB can't match. (Although I only have two.)

I beg to differ, UNSC Elephant 1,200 pieces. $69.99 on Target.com originally $83. Seemed "complex" enough when i built it. Js
---
Praise Helix!!!
#217 Posted: 22:54:04 18/11/2012
I just bought the Crusher's Pirate Quest set for $38 at Fred Meyer. Fred Meyer has a 25% off all toys coupon this week.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:56:29 18/11/2012 by deantjeep
#218 Posted: 14:13:38 19/11/2012
More website stuff coming. Stay tuned. Will let you know.
#219 Posted: 02:45:26 20/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks Brad!

Finally found Swarm Mech Invasion at a local Walmart! Start checking folks! smilie
ChopChop102 Blue Sparx Gems: 604
#220 Posted: 13:44:47 20/11/2012
LEGO Ninja go reference with the spinny things
---
News: Blue Sparx Baby
Avatar: Ultimate assassins creed song- Look it up on youtube
#221 Posted: 14:41:58 20/11/2012
Quote: ChopChop102

As someone who's played with both Ninjago and this extensively, there's very little in common between the two. These aren't really meant to spin, for one thing – though you can do a spinning maneuver if you wish.
#222 Posted: 15:48:05 21/11/2012
Quote: laminated
Quote: LegoLander

Lego has MUCH better functions, and they don't need stupid spesialised pieces in every set, for the most part they use pieces already made.
And the detail is MUCH better. And although the figures are all blocky, It actually looks quite funny! Add to that the fact that actuall PROFFESIONALLS make it means that they don't need to modify the actual BRICKS so they stay together.

I highly disagree with your opinion of Lego's detail being better, Lego print a lot of their details on, Mega Bloks sculpt. If you're talking about the actual build, I agree to a certain extent, but this is what seperates the brands from eachother. I have no idea what your last point means, it doesn't make any sense. Anyway, below are some points that I hope will help you to open your mind a little bit and see what else is out there;

You have to understand that it's no longer about who's better, Lego and MB are both offering different products now. Like I said in my other post, Mega Bloks do the big video game licenses, Lego don't. Mega Bloks sculpt detail onto their pieces, Lego print. Mega Bloks focus on the main build, Lego focus on this AND other re-builds. Mega Bloks offer highly detailed and articulated figures, Lego offer the same minifig design (most of the time) with every set.

I prefer Mega Bloks over Lego, but I love both companies. It annoys me when people just dismiss Mega Bloks as a clone brand because they're so much more, they're offering us themes and licenses which Lego would never do (Lego has strict rules against making sets about war etc). When people say 'It would have been better if Lego had done it' it always strikes me as ridiculous because, quite simply, Lego would never do it. Like I said earlier, Lego are really strict on which licenses they produce sets for.

Lego is also a pure construction toy company, Mega Bloks have managed to combine costruction toys with actual articulated action figures (my two favourite things!)

Construction toys are widely considered the ultimate/best toy there is. Pretty much every fan wants their favourite movie/TV show/video game to be made into a construction toy set, but Lego only produces sets for a very small amount of these. Having Mega Bloks and other companies operateing in the industry allows more fan-favourite franchises to have construction toys. I don't see how anyone can consider this a bad thing!

Bionicle. Hero factory. But yeah, I meant like the UCS sets and sets where they use bricks to make the detail. In my opinion, that's better than just one piece to put a cockpit on an Autogyro. But my judgement might be a little harsh, because my only MB experience was before they improved.
---
#223 Posted: 15:49:37 21/11/2012
Quote: ChopChop102

As someone who's played with both Ninjago and this extensively, there's very little in common between the two. These aren't really meant to spin, for one thing – though you can do a spinning maneuver if you wish.

I don't really like the spinners, but I might try the portals, they seem fun.
---
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#224 Posted: 19:39:44 21/11/2012
I just received my Kaos Castle in the mail today from my tru preorder of a couple months ago. Now Bouncer and Ignitor have joined our always growing team of MB Skylanders. Love them!
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#225 Posted: 21:48:02 21/11/2012 | Topic Creator
I spotted all four Battle Portal Packs at TRU today. (Trigger Happy, Terrafin, Chop Chop, and Ignitor)

There were three of each. They should be in the main Skylanders Giants display next to the other Mega Bloks sets.

Happy hunting!
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#226 Posted: 23:20:23 21/11/2012
Ooh, a new contest on the main site! But this part...

Quote:
Prizes are available only to residents of the US and Canada. You can continue to play, but you won't be eligible for any prizes.

This makes Rad sad. I wish could just pay for shipping, considering prices in UK/EU/AUS are extortionate in comparison to what the US get anyway smilie

Anyhow, good luck to those entering smilie
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#227 Posted: 01:07:27 22/11/2012
Hey Rad, it's not about shipping costs – contest laws are very complicated from country to country. Even to run a contest in our home province of Québec is incredibly difficult sometimes. You could always have a North American friend play on your behalf! smilie Either way, you can still collect all the gems!

I'll post more about the contest tomorrow, just got home from work a little bit ago and decided to see if you guys had noticed it yet.
#228 Posted: 05:13:24 22/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Neat contest! Would love to win that Legendary Treasure.

Brad, what do you guys think of creating some Skylands landscape playsets? The Halo Mega Bloks battlefields allow for some cool setups with bricks and minifigures--just apply the same idea to Skylanders!

As much as I love LEGO base plates, the Halo battlefields are enticing because they create multiple dimensions of play while keeping brick-building a priority.

Imagine owning Mega Bloks Adventure Packs that come with the respective Skylander, partner, and level-exclusive enemies!

• Darklight Crypt (Ghost Roaster, Batterson, Occulous)
  • Pirate Seas (Terrafin, Jess LeGrand, Captain Dreadbeard)
  • Empire of Ice (Slam Bam, Haldor, Ice Ogres)
  • Dragon's Peak (Sunburn, Flavius/Sparx, Vathek)

At least a nice grassy battlefield with islands for a Skylanders throwdown!

Any excuse to make cool dragon sets is always welcome. smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:14:34 22/11/2012 by Diggeh
#229 Posted: 14:11:27 22/11/2012
Fingers crossed for the Legendary Treasure! I have a lot of experience with Legos and would love to design a set!
---
#230 Posted: 15:09:30 22/11/2012
Really cool idea Diggeh. I will pass it along.

---

[User Posted Image]

Want a chance to win some great Mega Bloks Skylanders Giants toys? Enter the Gem Quest contest on skylanders.megabloks.com!

Come back each day for a new Skylanders Giants puzzle. For each puzzle you solve on the day its released, you earn a Gem. The more Gems you earn, the bigger the prizes you’re eligible for! If you have a kid who loves Skylanders Giants, team up and go for the Legendary Treasure!

Full rules and regulations available at skylanders.megabloks.com/contest.
#231 Posted: 15:20:27 22/11/2012
YYAAAYY! I really think you guys got a great moneymaker on your hands!
---
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3791
#232 Posted: 17:25:47 22/11/2012
Quote: Diggeh
Imagine owning Mega Bloks Adventure Packs that come with the respective Skylander, partner, and level-exclusive enemies!

• Darklight Crypt (Ghost Roaster, Batterson, Occulous)
  • Pirate Seas (Terrafin, Jess LeGrand, Captain Dreadbeard)
  • Empire of Ice (Slam Bam, Haldor, Ice Ogres)
  • Dragon's Peak (Sunburn, Flavius/Sparx, Vathek)

At least a nice grassy battlefield with islands for a Skylanders throwdown!

Any excuse to make cool dragon sets is always welcome. smilie

Hey I like the sound of that! But you could have everything that comes in the adventure pack and 2 other characters instead (like Flavius and Vathek)
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
#233 Posted: 00:15:12 23/11/2012
Hey Brad, there seems to a bit of a problem with the website.
Everytime I log in, it calls me a different username on your Skylanders site. It called me 'Godzilla' and some other usernames earlier and now it's calling me this, when my username on there is actually TeddyM:

[User Posted Image]

Does this mean our gem points are being given to random people, as opposed to our actual accounts?
Anyone else having this problem?
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#234 Posted: 01:45:27 23/11/2012
Everytime I log in, it calls me a different username on your Skylanders site. It called me 'Godzilla' and some other usernames earlier and now it's calling me this, when my username on there is actually TeddyM:

[User Posted Image]

Does this mean our gem points are being given to random people, as opposed to our actual accounts?

I just signed up and entered and have that problem too with the display name (mine says DEREKSB" too), but it looks like the gem is added to my account.
I'm using Firefox.
---
#all Spyros are valid
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#235 Posted: 02:06:13 23/11/2012
Hey brad here is a idea
Oil Spill Knockout
Comes with 3 trolls Drobot™ Whirlwind™ A boat with a water spell punk a Platform with oil cans
Arkeyan mash out
Comes with Eye Brawl Gigantuis Sunburn Boomer 5 Arkeyan robots and metal kaos
Mega Aquadet arena
Comes with
Gill Grunt Bash
Air Ship assault comes with Flynns Ship him self Camo Thumpback
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#236 Posted: 02:26:57 23/11/2012
Hey Rad, it's not about shipping costs – contest laws are very complicated from country to country. Even to run a contest in our home province of Québec is incredibly difficult sometimes. You could always have a North American friend play on your behalf! smilie Either way, you can still collect all the gems!

I'll post more about the contest tomorrow, just got home from work a little bit ago and decided to see if you guys had noticed it yet.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, Brad. I appreciate it smilie

I'll still collect all the gems because. Skylanders. You know.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#237 Posted: 16:12:44 23/11/2012
Thanks for the bug report guys. I'll look into it. You should be getting the correct gems, though.
#238 Posted: 16:25:14 23/11/2012
Quote: Okaps

[User Posted Image]

I just signed up and entered and have that problem too with the display name (mine says DEREKSB" too), but it looks like the gem is added to my account.
I'm using Firefox.

Mine is OwnedByToby? Da heck? It should be Matteomax!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:25:49 23/11/2012 by Matteomax
#239 Posted: 18:15:34 23/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Is there no Gem Quest question today? Still have 2 gems and nothing new.
#240 Posted: 18:38:56 23/11/2012
The first day was extended to be a day and a half, you'll see a new one tomorrow and every day after.
The name bug is fixed!
zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2521
#241 Posted: 22:10:00 24/11/2012
Whenever I go to todays question, it logs me out. And I had 1 gem and Now I have 0 : p
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:18:23 25/11/2012 by zap18
#242 Posted: 22:15:37 24/11/2012
3 gems.. Can't wait!
I would get the Battle Pack, but I'm waiting for the Legendary Treasure..
---
#243 Posted: 03:30:12 25/11/2012
Finally got Sky Turret Defense and Troll Mech Ambush today... they are both amazing!
My mind is blown at how cool Tree Rex is. I think he has just beaten out my MB Night Elf, Lich King and Pink AA Spartan to become my favourite figure! He's just extremely awesome. I highly recommend these sets, especially Troll Mech Ambush. I feel like it's the perfect gateway drug into the line. You get a Giant, a normal Skylander-sized figure, a cool build and a sheep!

The only thing that I was maybe a little bit dissapointed with was the fact that the Sky Turret doesn't spin around. I actually don't play the game, I'm only here for Mega Bloks Skylanders discussion, so I might be wrong but wouldn't the turret in the game move and swing round to face whatever it's shooting at?

I think it just would have been a cool feature but it's no problem, I'll still be buying the entire line!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:30:44 25/11/2012 by laminated
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#244 Posted: 04:17:49 25/11/2012
i believe the turret should spin. Honestly i have been a little disappointed. I am a big fan of mega bloks, especially the halo line, but it's just as i thought. I have little to no interesst in the sets themselves. I am getting them pretty much solely for the figures and in my opinion the smaller regular ones could be more articulated like the halo figures. I understand some like trigger happy, spyro, and cynder. But i was disapointed when i got home and found out that Chills elbows and knees didnt move. To me it seems the only worth while ones are the giants, I think the tree rex fig was pretty cool
---
Praise Helix!!!
#245 Posted: 21:24:10 25/11/2012
[User Posted Image]

Coming soon, Roleplay! Looks like Ignitor's Sword, Trigger Happy's gun, and Tree Rex's laser hand are next..

PLEASE DO SPROCKET'S WRENCH AND MINES!
---
#246 Posted: 02:05:56 26/11/2012 | Topic Creator
@Matteomax I saw those on the website too. It's nice that Mega Bloks covers such a wide array of toys and apparel.

Brad, is Dark Spyro's Battle Portal a Target exclusive? He didn't ship with TRU's Battle Portal Packs and the official website only lists a Target buying link.

If so, any indication when we should see him?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:06:48 26/11/2012 by Diggeh
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#247 Posted: 02:47:27 26/11/2012
The first day was extended to be a day and a half, you'll see a new one tomorrow and every day after.
The name bug is fixed!

I have a question, I got your email at like 9 the day it started. So I got the gem for day 1. I checked the next morning and challenge 1 was still there. Then the next day it was challenge 3! So you said the first challenge was extended but I didn't know that so I didn't check in the afternoon. Does it matter I missed out on one? So if like some guy got 31 gems but I got 30 does it make him more likely to win?
#248 Posted: 14:15:13 26/11/2012
3 gems.. Can't wait!
I would get the Battle Pack, but I'm waiting for the Legendary Treasure..

Just want to make sure this is clear, Matteomax: having those gems doesn't guarantee you any prize. It just means you're eligible for that prize. Also, if you have 10 Gems, you are eligible for all three prizes. If you "win" more than one of them, you'll be given the most valuable one. Hope that clears things up.

Quote: Diggeh
Brad, is Dark Spyro's Battle Portal a Target exclusive? He didn't ship with TRU's Battle Portal Packs and the official website only lists a Target buying link.

If so, any indication when we should see him?

Yes, Target exclusive. You should see him sometime next month.

Quote: TheBakonBitz
The name bug is fixed!

I have a question, I got your email at like 9 the day it started. So I got the gem for day 1. I checked the next morning and challenge 1 was still there. Then the next day it was challenge 3! So you said the first challenge was extended but I didn't know that so I didn't check in the afternoon. Does it matter I missed out on one? So if like some guy got 31 gems but I got 30 does it make him more likely to win?

Having more than the required number of Gems necessary for a prize doesn't increase your chances. Once you have 10 Gems, that's as much as is necessary for the best odds. That said, it's fun to collect them all :3

Sorry you missed one, but it won't affect your chances as long as you get 10, basically.

---

p.s. We've improved the code input on the site so now you don't have to enter the dashes. Thanks for your feedback!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:16:14 26/11/2012 by Mega Bloks
Fernandez2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1119
#249 Posted: 16:53:25 26/11/2012
Hey Brad, I'm trying to create an account for my kids on the site to enter the contest and after signing up I try to log in and it acts like it doesn't recognize the e-mail. You all having issues like this?
#250 Posted: 19:33:29 26/11/2012
Did you click the link in the activation e-mail you received? Admittedly, this message isn't clear enough.
First | Previous | Page 5 of 16 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me