darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Everything we know about Skylanders: Giants (02/12/2012)
First | Previous | Page 6 of 163 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 161 162 163
Everything we know about Skylanders: Giants (02/12/2012) [STICKY] [CLOSED]
zook it up Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#251 Posted: 23:36:25 20/08/2012
chill was august so i think we will see a giant this time probably hot head or crusher
---
Green Bean Machine
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#252 Posted: 23:48:30 20/08/2012
Or hopefully Eye Brawl or Ninjini!
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
#253 Posted: 23:52:57 20/08/2012
id say thumpback would be more likely then them because "officially we should not know who crusher is" acti thinks every one knows nothing about giants its so annoying sometimes
---
Green Bean Machine
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#254 Posted: 23:54:11 20/08/2012
I reall don't want eight wavs.
#255 Posted: 23:56:10 20/08/2012
i think we will have at least 50% of the skylanders in wave one we did last time
---
Green Bean Machine
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#256 Posted: 00:18:05 21/08/2012
Quote: zook it up
i think we will have at least 50% of the skylanders in wave one we did last time

Same here.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#257 Posted: 00:22:52 21/08/2012
Quote: ninja9351

Same here.

I'm sorry but no. I highly doubt they would do that. More like 30 or 40. They have to follow a pattern. And I good one at it.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#258 Posted: 00:24:59 21/08/2012
Quote: Rand O M

Same here.

I'm sorry but no. I highly doubt they would do that. More like 30 or 40. They have to follow a pattern. And I good one at it.

I just want them to realese as many skylanders as possible on the first day.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#259 Posted: 00:30:27 21/08/2012
Quote: Rand O M

Same here.

I just want them to realese as many skylanders as possible on the first day.

Cute. Look you gotta think activison. Have more people believe there will be more figures at release. Sad people, who still buy figures. I am 70% sure swarm will not be there, same with chill. In my wave theory, I made the remodels have more. It makes the most sense.
juz Green Sparx Gems: 370
#260 Posted: 01:05:30 21/08/2012
can someone clarify something for me please.
A poster has postulated that Remodelled Lightcores (e.g Prism Break) won't work with SSA...
Either there's some monster miscommunication or there's something about remodelled lightcore RFID chips I don't know edit LOL there's shed loads I don't know but you get the drift....
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:10:59 21/08/2012 by juz
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#261 Posted: 01:16:43 21/08/2012
Quote: juz
can someone clarify something for me please.
A poster has postulated that Remodelled Lightcores (e.g Prism Break) won't work with SSA...
Either there's some monster miscommunication or there's something about remodelled lightcore RFID chips I don't know edit LOL there's shed loads I don't know but you get the drift....

Well, from my understanding, the LCs actually work differently than the other figures. Like, they read differently on the portal (activating their glow) as well as having a difference in game (Where it registers as LightCore as seen in a few vids)

So, I think it's highly possible that they won't work in Adventure.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#262 Posted: 01:26:18 21/08/2012
I thought the glow is passively induced by proximity to whatever "field" the portal is using to read RFID chips, the same way there's completely cordless methods of recharging some new forms of batteries by their "proximity" to a source...gah...the name escapes me.

old news/speculation but I was going by this

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2...landers-giants/

so where is the source that states remodelled lightcores (e.g. Prism Break) won't work in SSA please? smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:36:34 21/08/2012 by juz
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#263 Posted: 02:29:30 21/08/2012
I remember hearing it in an interview post e3. Find it
---
words. letters. filler.
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#264 Posted: 02:32:34 21/08/2012
There has been a lot of speculation about the contents and even formats of the waves.

In all honesty the past experiences of the format and implimentation of Skylanders:SA is the most significant predictor of how this will be done.

Alot of people seem to be ignoring that SA brought us 24 out of 37 characters on the first day. The reason to do this would be to immediatly brand the consumer with the new merchandise and feel of the new game. It is quite likely that multiple new giants and the new characters will be available day one to encourage customers that already have the old figures to buy into the new game and start fueling the skylander addiction. The amazon leak indicates that 5 of the 8 giants and 7 of the 8 new figures will be released early on. While predicting 12 of the 16 new characters to be available on day one may seem silly, it would be foolish not to release at least 10 of them on the first day. The new game needs new figures to fuel interest from existing fans. Existing fans will become obsessed buy more figures and encourage new fans.

Also not many seem to be considering distribution patterns when prdicting waves. It as already been revealed new figures, giants and reposes have seperate distribution numbers. This means they will not be shipped together There will be two Giants in each box, six new figures, and six reposes. This pattern makes sense because if new figures are far more desirable than series two ordering can accomodate. Like in SA expect each wave to consist of rereleases mied in with new releases to consisyt of each wave.

I would also be negligent not to discuss the initial wave of release for SA. In this case large boxes of twelve figures were sent to each store to give the shelves diversity on day one. The wave was reduced on reorders to six piece assortments and quickly placated a month later by wave 2 that consisted of half figures that were released on day one but absent from restock shipments.

I believe the amazon leak has legs because it gave distinct packaging informantion for specific figures. The contents of the triple packs and batlle packs listed ave been confirmed. It also did not give the packaging information for all figures just specific ones. What makes these listed figures special? The likely answer is these are the initial releases if not day one at least the figures released by Christmas. In addition it is not likely a coincidence that the figures announced on amazon leak have gotten more exposure. Tis includes Swarm, Chill, Crusher ect.

I don't know any specific information from activision but I understand te industry and this is why i make these guesses.

Personally I can only reasonably invest about $150 on these things before Christmas so I am going to suffer from early availibility

In addition a TRU manager hinted to me that those that preordered Giants will have the option to buy a Legendary Bouncer and to expect they will have a triple pack with legendaries Ignitor, Slam Bam and a charachter on a air base he did not recognize.

Wal-Mart also has a uncross reffed sku for an exclusive six to a case character for Giants similar to Drill Sergent and WERDS last time.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:35:47 21/08/2012 by ItsJustMe
#265 Posted: 02:44:14 21/08/2012
^ this was very helpful thanks!
---
Green Bean Machine
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#266 Posted: 03:05:48 21/08/2012
Someone on here from TRU has confirmed a L-3 Pack with L-Slam Bam, L-Ignitor, and L-Jet-Vac.
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
#267 Posted: 03:59:26 21/08/2012
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
I remember hearing it in an interview post e3. Find it

thanks...i'll go and find the same interview you remember hearing and know that it is the same interview you remember...lol

whatever...I give up ...too much ambiguity..
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:05:16 21/08/2012 by juz
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#268 Posted: 04:12:02 21/08/2012
Quote: Dmcrocks
Someone on here from TRU has confirmed a L-3 Pack with L-Slam Bam, L-Ignitor, and L-Jet-Vac.

Makes sense that there would be a L triple pack just like SA. BTW I'd like them to release as many different characters at launch as possible, if the amazon leak list proves to be wave 1, I couldn't be happier.

I wonder if they wrote the code this time around to allow for more characters to be added via DLC so they wouldn't be limited to who is on the original game's disc.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#269 Posted: 05:15:25 21/08/2012
i hate how they made a third character model for the lightcores instead on making room for all the remodels. they should've stuck with: #1 prism break, LC prism break, remodeled dino rang. instead of: prism break 1, prism break 2, LC prism break.
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#270 Posted: 06:39:47 21/08/2012

if that is true that means, that jet vac now has three different figures (same with pop fizz and spyro still has four)
and could you link it to the place that 'confirmed' it please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:40:50 21/08/2012 by crystalhero37
SheldonCooper Blue Sparx Gems: 763
#271 Posted: 07:26:54 21/08/2012

Well if that is true, then it means there will be only life to legenday-ise so which Skylander is more likely really?
---
BAZINGA! A neutron walks into a bar and asks how much for a drink. The bartender replies 'For you, no charge'.
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested
#272 Posted: 07:32:12 21/08/2012
^ maybe zook, or stealth elf? I'm not sure if they'd do tree rex, in fact, my vote is on tree rex.
#273 Posted: 07:37:51 21/08/2012
Of course Tree Rex..It would mean people buy him twice, seeing as everyone is getting him anyway...so yes that is perfect business sense. Its the same way from SSA 2 of the 4 legendaries everyone( cept 3ds owners )already had ...

all massive speculation still ;p
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:40:29 21/08/2012 by juz
#274 Posted: 07:39:17 21/08/2012
Quote: crystalhero37
^ maybe zook, or stealth elf? I'm not sure if they'd do tree rex, in fact, my vote is on tree rex.

Well I know a lot of people like Stealth Elf but giving her a legendary counterpart would just make her way to powerful. I guess the same for Zook (both of them destroy everything on the 3DS version)
---
BAZINGA! A neutron walks into a bar and asks how much for a drink. The bartender replies 'For you, no charge'.
#275 Posted: 07:39:28 21/08/2012
yes smilie
tree rex will be most featured giant, he already is.
#276 Posted: 07:44:26 21/08/2012
every lightcore now has three figures.
---
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#277 Posted: 07:46:35 21/08/2012
Tree Rex,He comes with the game and there's no Legendary Giants
#278 Posted: 07:49:31 21/08/2012
Quote: SparCrux1101
every lightcore now has three figures.

Shroomboom only has 2 and so does Chill
---
#279 Posted: 07:53:22 21/08/2012
annd eruptor and terrafin and gillgrunt.
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#280 Posted: 09:11:45 21/08/2012
Quote: SheldonCooper
Quote: crystalhero37

Well I know a lot of people like Stealth Elf but giving her a legendary counterpart would just make her way to powerful. I guess the same for Zook (both of them destroy everything on the 3DS version)

Not really, the Legendaries only get a small boost. With all Heroics Stealth Elf already has max Speed if I remember correctly, and it's either that or the (useless) Armor they'd probably pick to boost. And Zook's only real counter will probably stay Ignitor for a long time(who is also getting a Legendary form, so the point of them being "too powerful" is pretty moot).

But I think they will make Tree Rex the Life Legendary anyway just to annoy everyone and their figures. smilie
Guy Blue Sparx Gems: 551
#281 Posted: 11:32:41 21/08/2012
I think a remodeled jet vac would look weird.
---
Green is not a creative color
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#282 Posted: 13:34:09 21/08/2012
I really don't think Tree rex will get legendary'd. All of the other legendaries, including the new ones, mainly follow a two-color pattern. Tree rex is made up of multiple colors.
I might be wrong, but that is what I think.
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
EpicHiro Blue Sparx Gems: 889
#283 Posted: 13:51:03 21/08/2012
^Chop Chop didn't have two colours. His bones were white and eyes yellow and his sword was silver but they made him legendary with red eyes and gold sword and black bones. They could easily do something similar with Tree Rex.
Ridinggrl27 Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#284 Posted: 13:54:15 21/08/2012
Does anyone know what would happen if you tried to play as a Giant or New Skylander in the original game?
---
Hanayo is the Rice Queen
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#285 Posted: 13:54:56 21/08/2012
Quote: ItsJustMe
There has been a lot of speculation about the contents and even formats of the waves.

In all honesty the past experiences of the format and implimentation of Skylanders:SA is the most significant predictor of how this will be done.

Alot of people seem to be ignoring that SA brought us 24 out of 37 characters on the first day. The reason to do this would be to immediatly brand the consumer with the new merchandise and feel of the new game. It is quite likely that multiple new giants and the new characters will be available day one to encourage customers that already have the old figures to buy into the new game and start fueling the skylander addiction. The amazon leak indicates that 5 of the 8 giants and 7 of the 8 new figures will be released early on. While predicting 12 of the 16 new characters to be available on day one may seem silly, it would be foolish not to release at least 10 of them on the first day. The new game needs new figures to fuel interest from existing fans. Existing fans will become obsessed buy more figures and encourage new fans.

Also not many seem to be considering distribution patterns when prdicting waves. It as already been revealed new figures, giants and reposes have seperate distribution numbers. This means they will not be shipped together There will be two Giants in each box, six new figures, and six reposes. This pattern makes sense because if new figures are far more desirable than series two ordering can accomodate. Like in SA expect each wave to consist of rereleases mied in with new releases to consisyt of each wave.

I would also be negligent not to discuss the initial wave of release for SA. In this case large boxes of twelve figures were sent to each store to give the shelves diversity on day one. The wave was reduced on reorders to six piece assortments and quickly placated a month later by wave 2 that consisted of half figures that were released on day one but absent from restock shipments.

I believe the amazon leak has legs because it gave distinct packaging informantion for specific figures. The contents of the triple packs and batlle packs listed ave been confirmed. It also did not give the packaging information for all figures just specific ones. What makes these listed figures special? The likely answer is these are the initial releases if not day one at least the figures released by Christmas. In addition it is not likely a coincidence that the figures announced on amazon leak have gotten more exposure. Tis includes Swarm, Chill, Crusher ect.

I don't know any specific information from activision but I understand te industry and this is why i make these guesses.

Personally I can only reasonably invest about $150 on these things before Christmas so I am going to suffer from early availibility

In addition a TRU manager hinted to me that those that preordered Giants will have the option to buy a Legendary Bouncer and to expect they will have a triple pack with legendaries Ignitor, Slam Bam and a charachter on a air base he did not recognize.

Wal-Mart also has a uncross reffed sku for an exclusive six to a case character for Giants similar to Drill Sergent and WERDS last time.

Is Legendary Bouncer going to be completely exclusive to preorderers?? I already preordered it at Gamestop..
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
EpicHiro Blue Sparx Gems: 889
#286 Posted: 13:56:32 21/08/2012
@ridinggrl27 - Nothing. Giants and New skylanders don't work in the first game.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:57:07 21/08/2012 by EpicHiro
Ridinggrl27 Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#287 Posted: 14:00:28 21/08/2012
I know that, but I was wondering that if you that if you tried to play as one if a message would come up and say something like "This Figure Can Only Be Played on Skylanders Gaints"
---
Hanayo is the Rice Queen
onga999 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1152
#288 Posted: 14:21:16 21/08/2012
it would pry bring up the message a toy on the portal of power has a problem. i saw a video where a guy's skylander didnt work and that message came up.
---
just missing 7 skylanders.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#289 Posted: 14:22:06 21/08/2012
Quote: Ridinggrl27
I know that, but I was wondering that if you that if you tried to play as one if a message would come up and say something like "This Figure Can Only Be Played on Skylanders Gaints"

that am sure that will happen that.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:22:58 21/08/2012 by kappapopm
#290 Posted: 15:32:44 21/08/2012
Quote: Ridinggrl27

They would have had to code for that message in the original game code on SA, and would have had to know the name of the sequel that they hadn't started yet. So a message that mentions Giants is highly unlikely unless they somehow had the message encoded on the figure itself.
---
#291 Posted: 15:42:00 21/08/2012
now i have a good reason to preorder the game
---
Green Bean Machine
#292 Posted: 16:22:11 21/08/2012
im confused, will there be skylanders exclusive to places? i dont want to find out about skylanders the very next day after i go on a shopping run.
---
#293 Posted: 16:23:29 21/08/2012
well there will be we are just not sure who they are
---
Green Bean Machine
#294 Posted: 16:33:02 21/08/2012
well there will be we are just not sure who they are

crap, i hate finding out things last... like both frito lay promos (got all four anyways smilie)
---
#295 Posted: 16:41:39 21/08/2012
For SA there was:

Target: Whirlwind
Walmart/Sams Club: Drill Sergeant
TRU: Legendary 3 pack and DarkLight Crypt (Exclusive for 30 days)
Best Buy: Volcanic Vault included in console starter packs

For Giants:

Gamestop: DragonFire Battle Pack
TRU: rumored legendary 3 pack
Target: ?
Walmart/Sams: ?
Best Buy: Maybe just the 5 piece loot?
---
dragonmk Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#296 Posted: 16:50:42 21/08/2012
Quote: Zylek
For SA there was:

For Giants:

TRU also had dragons peak early
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
#297 Posted: 16:55:16 21/08/2012
^ Right, but I was listing launch exclusives.
---
Furry360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2713
#298 Posted: 18:54:44 21/08/2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWOjd9kYTug

skylanders presentaion gamplay
---
spyro the best of ALL ( skylanders)
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#299 Posted: 19:05:04 21/08/2012
Quote: Furry360
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWOjd9kYTug

skylanders presentaion gamplay

Looks interesting.
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#300 Posted: 19:39:24 21/08/2012
Quote: Zylek
For SA there was:

For Giants:

What do you mean by the "5 piece loot" from Best Buy?
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
First | Previous | Page 6 of 163 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 161 162 163

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me