darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro the Dragon > Who misses the old school Spyro games?
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4
Who misses the old school Spyro games? [CLOSED]
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#101 Posted: 22:19:27 02/11/2012
i like all of them...... but smilie and smilie is like....... more my style.....
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#102 Posted: 15:12:04 03/11/2012
Classy Classics
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
spyrobeta Green Sparx Gems: 237
#103 Posted: 18:40:46 03/11/2012
I want an HD remake of the first 3, but it will never happen as long as Activision is in charge. They dont want nothing to happen to the Skylanders Not Spyros Adventure franchise. Its now the next cash cow. RIP Spyro.
---
Spyro Classic Fan forever. I highly despise Activision and Skylanders. Problem? Shove it.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#104 Posted: 18:18:32 05/11/2012
Quote: spyrobeta
I want an HD remake of the first 3, but it will never happen as long as Activision is in charge. They dont want nothing to happen to the Skylanders Not Spyros Adventure franchise. Its now the next cash cow. RIP Spyro.

But, you gotta believe! Heh-heh.

Like I've stated before, I'm pretty sure Activision has enough money for two teams, one team can work on Skylanders, and the other can work on a Classic title. I still don't understand how it can be outdated, when they are many people who play these games, and want these games to come out, Ratchet & Clank has been going for ages now with the same kinda gameplay, I'm sure Classic Spyro can.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#105 Posted: 12:43:57 06/11/2012
I think this maybe happening if Aura is wrong. Otipro or whatever is i guess developing a new Spyro. Aura says its not legit, but theres not really anything saying its not.
---
Spyro Classic Fan forever. I highly despise Activision and Skylanders. Problem? Shove it.
#106 Posted: 14:40:02 06/11/2012
I think this maybe happening if Aura is wrong. Otipro or whatever is i guess developing a new Spyro. Aura says its not legit, but theres not really anything saying its not.

I wouldn't like to get my hopes up for it if I was you.
It's probably some kind of stupid prank.
---
#107 Posted: 15:13:49 06/11/2012
It was. I discovered so.
---
#108 Posted: 16:20:56 06/11/2012
It was. I discovered so.

Oo how?
---
oh my god
#109 Posted: 17:13:53 06/11/2012
Go to the thread about it in the Spyro General section.
---
Cyndermaster Blue Sparx Gems: 882
#110 Posted: 20:40:31 13/11/2012
um den alten spyro zurück zu haben wollen, müssen wir das activision schreiben. wenn nötig auch mehrmals
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#111 Posted: 18:41:52 14/11/2012
Quote: Cyndermaster
um den alten spyro zurück zu haben wollen, müssen wir das activision schreiben. wenn nötig auch mehrmals

Ohhh you mean: "want to have the old spyro back, we have to write activision. if necessary, several times" Am I Right?
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
Cyndermaster Blue Sparx Gems: 882
#112 Posted: 19:47:32 14/11/2012
yes. you' re right
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#113 Posted: 18:13:32 17/11/2012
Spyro the Dragon always was, still is, and always will be the best Spyro game ever made. Ever. Year of the Dragon would be the best, but it's a little too campy for me.
#114 Posted: 13:12:26 18/11/2012
Quote: Metallo
Spyro the Dragon always was, still is, and always will be the best Spyro game ever made. Ever. Year of the Dragon would be the best, but it's a little too campyfor me.

What do you mean?
---
#115 Posted: 03:27:34 22/11/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Spyro the Dragon always was, still is, and always will be the best Spyro game ever made. Ever. Year of the Dragon would be the best, but it's a little too campyfor me.

What do you mean?

Too cheesy and childlike....
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#116 Posted: 18:48:48 25/11/2012
Old Spyro??? YEEEEESSSSSS PLZ

Activision is a bunch of cheapskates, so why not ask them to remake the already published GOOD Spyros in glorious HD? Lol, I doubt this... Activision is TOO cheap.
---
BREATHE AIR.
#117 Posted: 21:36:31 25/11/2012
Well actually I change my mind.

This game is the best, but Eternal Night is 2nd and Year of the Dragon is 3rd.
Purple n Spyro Ripto Gems: 1096
#118 Posted: 22:07:18 25/11/2012
Would I!? smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:07:45 25/11/2012 by Purple n Spyro
#119 Posted: 21:43:50 29/11/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

What do you mean?

Too cheesy and childlike....

Well it is for kids, lol.
---
King_Pika Blue Sparx Gems: 544
#120 Posted: 14:00:33 09/12/2012
I hate old polygonal graphics. That's why I have the Legend Games and AHT.

Also, I passed on playing a lot of games like OoT until 3D, Majora until the Gamecube (Yay Lighting Improvements!) Mt favorite fames of that era were Mario Party 2, Sonic Adventure (Then 2:Battle), Hey You Pikachu! (My favorite 64 game), and Pokémon Snap.

I passed on the originals over polygons.
---
"Regretting never, our dreams will be... Halfway to forever! Our light comes shining through. Reach down deep, big defeat. Do all that we can do!"
Wojowu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1415
#121 Posted: 14:28:18 09/12/2012
Quote: King_Pika
I hate old polygonal graphics. That's why I have the Legend Games and AHT.

You... are going to burn...

Just kidding, everyone can have different opinion. Expect for you. I disallow you smilie
---
Any Osu fan here?
Doomdrao Platinum Sparx Gems: 6654
#122 Posted: 17:13:56 09/12/2012
I love to polygonal-ness :3
I WANT THE GAMES AGAIN, I love them so
---
I'd wait a fresh minuteMe, To a Co-Worker about Greggs Bakery Steak Bakes
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#123 Posted: 21:06:14 09/12/2012
I do indeed love them. But the similarities between in and the first 2 Ratchet & Clank titles and the 2 full length Future titles make up for it. Right down to some of the recycled sound effects from old Spyro games. <.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
JetH7 Blue Sparx Gems: 827
#124 Posted: 22:38:33 10/12/2012
I loved the Clasics. And TLoS. I miss them dearly.

Skylanders maybe fun, but the price, my gosh, the price! D:
---
I am the ghostly watermelon!!
#125 Posted: 02:30:37 11/12/2012
Skylanders: dishing out pain to Kaos... and your wallet. <.<
---
#126 Posted: 13:55:09 13/12/2012
I really don't understand the concept of Skylanders, I don't get how it could be fun to place a model onto a platform to "warp" them into the game. It honestly, makes more sense to have an in-game menu of the characters instead. I'd personally find it to be annoying having lots of character models just randomly placed around the room, no matter how organised they are, I'd find it to be untidy.
---
Joemama Blue Sparx Gems: 810
#127 Posted: 07:00:43 16/12/2012
YAY!!!!! Let's save spyro... The original one!!!
---
smilie I'm Lovin It smilie
#128 Posted: 07:26:50 16/12/2012
Quote: Joemama
YAY!!!!! Let's save spyro... The original one!!!

YESSSS!!
---
oh my god
#129 Posted: 16:06:53 16/12/2012
I believe HIR said this a while back, but even though Skylanders is crappy, Activision are a bunch of geniuses for making it. The fact that it's a children's game, which is a genre Activision has never really explored, makes it enticing and intriguing to gamers, plus it expands Activison's reign over the video game industry. Also, all the equipment required with it is guaranteed to rob some parents.

And I thought CoD was a cash cow....>.>
#130 Posted: 20:26:02 16/12/2012
Exactly. It was a perfect business decision. Especially when you consider that Toys for Bob is supposed to be one of Activision's "assets," or something which gives the publisher marketable value to investors. But considering they were next to useless as a developer prior to Skylanders, they were more than likely costing Activision in the long run. Essentially these games made Activision's purchase of it in 2005 worth real value. <.<
---
Joemama Blue Sparx Gems: 810
#131 Posted: 06:09:30 20/12/2012
I actually like the skylanders concept... Put It makes me mad seeing how spyro looks now... I miss the cute purple dragon! And I fear this is the end of him now that he's in a game with many other characters.
---
smilie I'm Lovin It smilie
#132 Posted: 15:58:02 20/12/2012
Most likely. So the only thing to do is embrace change! <.<
---
#133 Posted: 05:38:56 22/12/2012
Quote: HIR
Exactly. It was a perfect business decision. Especially when you consider that Toys for Bob is supposed to be one of Activision's "assets," or something which gives the publisher marketable value to investors. But considering they were next to useless as a developer prior to Skylanders, they were more than likely costing Activision in the long run. Essentially these games made Activision's purchase of it in 2005 worth real value. <.<

.......What in THE HELL is Toys for Bob?
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#134 Posted: 05:42:00 22/12/2012

Yous for Bob is the developer for the Skylanders series.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#135 Posted: 20:03:40 30/12/2012
I do in a sense. But the new ones are good too. Just depends on my mood which I prefer to play at that time.
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#136 Posted: 03:21:18 31/12/2012
My favourites of the three are Ripto's Rage or Gateway to Glimmer, Spyro The Dragon and then finally Year Of The Dragon.

I liked ANB more than TEN when it came to the Legend series. I didn't liike DTOD, but didn't hate it as well.

Enter The Dragonfly was too unpolished, and with inexperienced developers (you would see what I mean if you looked at the way it was made) a single year to make (at least I think it was only in a year) was way too long to make a full game for them. It lacked creativity, but it could've been something.

A Hero's Tale was interesting, seemed a bit more "modernized", and I enjoyed playing it somewhat but there was always something missing to me.

Bluh. Bluh.

OH I liked some of the handhelds better.

But again, Spyro The Dragon is my second favourite Spyro game ever. I loved Ripto's Rage, and Year of the Dragon was the first I ever played, although.
#137 Posted: 03:34:22 31/12/2012

One of Activision's subsidiaries... >.>
---
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8887
#138 Posted: 03:06:16 17/01/2013
I never noticed how much I missed the old Spyro until I went back and started playing the old games again. Now I cry myself to sleep at night, wishing he would come back. smilie

Don't get me wrong, the Skylanders series is fairly decent. It just doesn't have that classic Spyro feel to it. Legend of Spyro was also pretty good, but it still never took the place in my heart that the old Spyro did.
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:10:50 17/01/2013 by Skyhunter
LoneWolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1674
#139 Posted: 19:33:29 05/07/2013
They don't make em like that anymore even if they do make a new spyro game they will never be good as the arsenals
---
"Danta i summon you"
popfizzfan4life Ripto Gems: 1471
#140 Posted: 03:12:00 02/09/2013
Does anyone here agree when i say, RETRO SPYRO AND SKYLANDERS ARE STAYING HERE ON THE THRONE FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#141 Posted: 08:57:49 11/09/2013
Yep.
I feel like the games got progressively worse designed after the first, up until AHT of course(which was better than ETD obviously). I think I might like GTG a bit better than STD- but the latter certainly had more exciting levels than any other Spyro game. I still look forward to replaying the original because even after many replays, the worlds still feel new and enthralling to me. smilie
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#142 Posted: 14:39:32 13/09/2013
Well, that's an uncommon opinion given that most people think Spyro 2 and Spyro 3 are the creme de la creme.

Can't say I disagree with it though. You can tell that 2 and 3 were made on a limited timescale compared to 1.
---
Eh.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#143 Posted: 15:50:23 13/09/2013
Well, Spyro 2 and 3 certainly had many improvements in them, and I'd say that they're "objectively better" with having NPCs and the added features like mini games, though I didn't feel the same excitement in the level layouts. smilie I posted about it in another topic.

Tree Tops is the best example- it may frustrate you, but if you learn how the level is laid out and how you can actually progress through it quite easily once you have the way down-pat, you'll find it hard to deny that the loop de loops in that level were very clever. I think I like STD a lot because it has this kind of thing in many of the levels, so it feels kind of rewarding to go back to the levels just to master them. Some of the stuff was also basically impossible to figure out. I swear I was on Jacque just trying to figure out how to free the hidden dragon for half an hour.
On the other hand, GTG has the same charm as the first game, while having a different feel. It focuses more on taking your time through the worlds and admiring the environments. It also added a much wider variety of NPCs, enemies, and the classic power ups, plus swimming. I don't really think that the environment design of the levels was worse(if anything, it's better for being generally more consistent and simply more "magic"), but you don't get the same amount of genius that was in some of the Spyro 1 levels' find that niche, figure out how to glide to there, etc. It also felt shorter than Spyro 1, having half as many homeworlds(even if one of those old homeworlds was just a small island smilie).

I also posted in a topic in the General section about why I didn't like YoTD very much. The extra characters were a cool idea but I felt that most of them weren't fleshed out- in terms of gameplay, everyone but Sheila and Sgt. Byrd felt "off" to control(and even Byrd did sometimes). Plus, some of their levels didn't really feel like something Spyro couldn't do, while not feeling like the character's theme added to the design(for instance- if you made Sheila's Alp with the spring powerup from Spyro 2, the leaping just wouldn't feel as grand; but other levels feel the other way around). Considering there are 3-4 bonus character levels every world, you can see why this dragged down an otherwise excellent game into just "good" territory for me.

They're all cool games though, but the first game was quite different. I just think I prefer that kind of game better. Too much dialog in games (unless they're story-focused, and/or actually have characters or a story that interests me) annoys me a bit, which is why I didn't like AHT better, and why I don't say GTG was definitively my favourite of the original three. smilie
Darchangel Blue Sparx Gems: 627
#144 Posted: 19:24:36 13/09/2013
Love original Spyro, but all things come to an end.

I miss him, but I don't think I could trust the developers, not even Insomniac to make a new classic Spyro game, it'd be too modern if ya know what I mean.
---
>N< "Everyone knows I'm in over my head."
I'll Start Trying In September
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#145 Posted: 10:09:01 22/09/2013
I don't miss him as I can still play him.
---
Ahaila Yellow Sparx Gems: 1954
#146 Posted: 12:10:33 26/09/2013
Quote: wreckingballbob
I don't miss him as I can still play him.

This. This so much.

And about the Spyro remake, there's always possiblity. There was Duck Tales remake not so long ago, there's going to be Abe's Oddysee remade too. Sure it wasn't Activistion who remade those, but there's a possibility they'd want to remake Spyro.
SoulFly Emerald Sparx Gems: 4660
#147 Posted: 22:25:13 27/09/2013
Now, I start disliking in public after around two years of silence.
Retro feel.

While at classic Spyro games were best, when Skylanders came out, I thought, why does people by this, clearly only for moneymaking. While I ended up thinking humankind's stupidity too feed the greed. Like you'd throw wood to the bonfire, it won't cool down. It just grows. Which was proven by Giants and the other stuff like backpacks, pencil cases and mini-figures about mini-figures. Seriously.
Back at good days, the game developers actually thought about players, not about their wallets. I want that time back.
That is my opinion, my opinion says "me" and you cannot change it. You may have your own opinion.
---
Ligi
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#148 Posted: 21:39:59 29/09/2013
I won't miss his design at least.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#149 Posted: 23:30:41 29/09/2013
I dunno, I can always go back and play the classics, but I do wish for something like the classics to come back, even if it's just a spiritual successor.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#150 Posted: 10:32:04 30/09/2013
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
(Good Lord my last post here was in 2012.. *Facepalms self* ignore that please..)

I have no reason to miss old school Spyro, I still have all three games! :D *Cue rainbow*
There is a loooot of Skylanders hate going around in the Spyro fanbase, but in my honest opinion I think Skylanders will always be more 'Spyro' than the.. *Shudders* TLoS series.. D:

I just don't get how people (if they're serious) actually cry about a game character. :d
OH. MAYBE YOU WILL GET SAD IF YOU THINK ABOUT YOUR FAVOURITE CHARACTER GETTING KILLED. Hate to rain on any parades but that is just a fantasy~ Spyro didn't die, he is a game character, he can't die. And who said a new look ever killed anyone? o__o It's just silly imo.

Thank you
---
but i love it all smooth
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me