Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 43 of 44 | Last
1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Last movie you watched.
Erikatastrophe Green Sparx Gems: 424
#2101 Posted: 07:12:59 19/08/2022
Some documentary probably, I've been binge-watching them lately.
---
"You already said that." - Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3900
#2102 Posted: 23:16:45 24/08/2022
oooo i'm in the process of watching the celts docuseries from 1987. more of a show than a movie, though. i missed docs
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Beemo Gold Sparx Gems: 2828
#2103 Posted: 03:53:02 03/09/2022
The last one I can remember fully watching is Michele Soavi's Stage Fright: Aquarius (Deliria). (1987)

uhh, it's an Italian slasher film about stage actors being trapped in an auditorium by an escaped killer who wears an oversized owl mask. That may sound stupid on paper, but when you look at it and think about it, it's kinda jarring.

It's very gory. It's got brutally good kills and death scenes. It knows how to build tension and suspense splendidly. It is macabrely beautiful and artsy, and the soundtrack by Simon Boswell is epic.
---
I hate this name and I want to change it.
#2104 Posted: 15:03:57 20/10/2022
american psycho!

i feel like there's more to it than i picked up on, so i'm gonna try to find an analysis. i liked the directing style. the movie plot itself i was meh on. watched it with a really great group of people. had they been anyone else i think the experience would have sucked
---
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#2105 Posted: 16:12:19 01/11/2022
Scary Godmother!! What a frickin cute and spooky movie. It's genuinely mature about the themes of connecting with people you don't entirely understand, too.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#2106 Posted: 15:55:14 03/11/2022
im halfway through parasite (gonna finish it next week)

i really like the initial family although

i think they go a little bit too far by poisoning the cleaning lady. seriously people who do that type of work dont get enough respect. the rich *****es can suck it though. at least the poor family is working together to improve their lives. although by the looks of it i feel like the movie is gonna have an arc where the poor people get money and become jerks to eachtother
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#2107 Posted: 12:22:58 05/11/2022
Halloween H2O, it was funny.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:23:11 05/11/2022 by SuperSpyroFan
#2108 Posted: 19:06:52 14/11/2022
Wendell and Wild! Not particularly great, but not bad either; fun in its weirdly jank glory.
---
#2109 Posted: 13:24:19 15/11/2022
Double post, but--

My Father's Dragon! Now this is an incredible movie, super cute, and has a cool dragon that's not just an expressive mount for another character.
---
#2110 Posted: 00:46:59 17/11/2022
aaaaa i love that studio. need to watch it.

edit: kung fu panda 3! fun time all around.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:37:42 31/12/2022 by ThunderEgg
#2111 Posted: 22:34:19 01/01/2023
Del Toro's Pinocchio! Absolute banger

+Princess Mononoke! Wolfwalkers was removed from Netflix but this was a damn fine replacement for movie night. I can see why it's a classic

++Belle! This one was the replacement for Summer Wars - I WAS PRETTY DAMN ENTERTAINED. Check it out!
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:19:55 05/01/2023 by Bifrost
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2336
#2112 Posted: 08:51:31 05/01/2023
^someone has excellent taste in movies over there. i still have not seen belle just the extended previews and interviews they did on NHK but i really think its going to be a good one.
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#2113 Posted: 20:20:15 08/01/2023
Finished prey. I liked it but at the same time something felt kinda off? Idk maybe its because predator is such a great movie that that's hard to live up to some of the cgi can get kinda wonky but the action scenes in this movie are insane. The hard hitting fight scenes make it a fun time. The fight chorography is quite impressive but I wish there were more horror elements in the beginning of the movie

Good sequel to predator after like 20 attempts. Although tbf the last movie was about predators stealing autism
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:37:43 08/01/2023 by somePerson
#2114 Posted: 23:32:20 09/01/2023
it starts with a whisper

ough ouch the feels
---
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5364
#2115 Posted: 10:59:33 12/01/2023
puss in boots the last wish

absolute banger, will watch again
---
Soon.
#2116 Posted: 21:36:41 12/01/2023
I've been in a predator mood recently. Predator 2 isn't as good as the first movie but that's ok because it's a dumb fun movie. It doesn't really take itself seriously and is more cheesey action movie than horror.
#2117 Posted: 16:15:32 20/01/2023
I recently watched all the Bay transformers movies with carm. Here are my thoughts
1) probably the best transformers movie of the 5. The comedy can be outdated with racial stereotypes and the amount of lens flares is crazy. The movie is also super orange for some reason. Like Megan fox is oompa loompa colored and everyone is just so sweaty. The Cgi is quite amazing tho and it sucks how the quality of the cgi decreased overtime considering the movies were made by fans of the original cartoon. The sound design is also insane because they made every transformer do bassy. It's a pretty fun time

2) boring movie. More racial stereotypes for some reason. A balls joke that costed millions of dollars to create. The movie is still super orange and sweaty. Nothing really happens until the last 40 minutes then it's all just action scenes. Overall. One of the worst of the 5.

3) this is probably the 2nd best of the 5. It's not a good movie but its a really fun movie. You're not watching this movie for the plot and the movie knows it. Megan foxs character broke up with Sam even tho the point of the last movie was about them accepting their love because the first 3 films are about a girl and a boy falling in love. So instead now Sams girlfriend is a hot British woman. Optimus is just insane and it's very fun watching him go bat **** insane because he is a toy car

4) probably the most boring of the movie. You don't care for any of the characters at all. There's a weird scene in the movie where marky marks daughter is 17 and dating a 20 year old. And when confronted about his lolita situation the 20 year old brings out his wallet which has a copy of the Romeo and Juliet law inside to prove that he is allowed to stick his peepee in marky marks daughter who is still 17 justifying the movie into sexualizing her with butt shots and leg shots. The transformers have more screen time but they kinda suck because their characters you don't care for. And even so there is like 200 more minutes of boring marky mark scenes. And the action scenes are boring. Idk how but they made robot dinosaurs boring. Probably the worst one.

5) there's a girl representation character that disappears for like 2/3rds of the movie. There's a theory that this movie was suppose to be a knight movie about Merlin's great grand daughter and then they added transformers in the script because of time constraints. It really feels like that because you when remove the transformers it is a better movie. Bad.
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2364
#2118 Posted: 02:25:07 09/02/2023
Watched Love&Pop and half of All About Lily Chou Chou. Similar premises but Love&Pop just resonated wth me waaaay more, I loved how the main character is kind of plain and just a normal teenager girl. I appreciate how the things that happened to the protag in Love&Pop weren't weirdly exploitative like most films, there's a scene were she is assaulted but it's portrayed fully through her POV and it's genuinely a terrifying scene. The camera work in this film is also really interesting and I love the digital camera gimmick. Lily Chou Chou on the other hand just didn't do anything for me, it's very inspired by the former but felt like more of a drag so I stopped watching.

Also going to watch 8mile and Penguindrum tonight probably.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#2119 Posted: 03:14:23 09/02/2023
Skinamarink.

Horror movies usually don't get me, but Skinamarink made me feel like a scared little kid again, waking up in the middle of the night and feeling like the only person in the entire world whose awake.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2120 Posted: 02:06:46 05/03/2023
Everything Everywhere All At Once.

Wouldn't say it changed my life or what the hype was trying to lead to, but don't regret watching the movie. Funny and fun, even if its pacing is a bullet train at the start.
---
#2121 Posted: 17:08:35 06/03/2023
puss in boots: the last wish!

i thought it was nice! perrito deserves the world.

i was surprised. based on all of the hype around death, i would have thought he'd have shown up more in the movie. but maybe thats just because im around a lot of horny furries...
---
#2122 Posted: 17:19:29 13/03/2023
Quote: Bifrost
Everything Everywhere All At Once.

Wouldn't say it changed my life or what the hype was trying to lead to, but don't regret watching the movie. Funny and fun, even if its pacing is a bullet train at the start.

Could you go into further detail to why you feel this way?I thought it was a super creative and impressive project that has never been done before and explores many relatable topics like immigration, nihilism, lgbt, acceptance, etc
#2123 Posted: 02:06:31 14/03/2023
Quote: somePerson

Could you go into further detail to why you feel this way?I thought it was a super creative and impressive project that has never been done before and explores many relatable topics like immigration, nihilism, lgbt, acceptance, etc

I agree with all that! My problems are actually more on the pacing, not really anything on the meat of the movie.
I feel like it introduces the larger plot too fast, with too much, and confuses more than it should by hard swerving the plot. Should've focused on Evelyn being hunted across the multiverse at first, and wait until Jobu Tupaki's properly introduced to hand the rest of the save the world cake.
I also feel like Hot Dog universe could've been a lot of other stuff while keeping the joke + hidden skill and not smashing any scene's mood with the gross mustard stuff. Raccaccoonie is ridiculous but not enough to stop being heartfelt, hot dog universe crosses the line until the Clair de Lune bit.

Overall the movie has strength in being overwhelming, but there are bits where it should've pulled back a tad so you're not still processing previous scenes.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:10:39 14/03/2023 by Bifrost
#2124 Posted: 19:49:20 28/03/2023
Shape of water

Honestly a beautiful movie. The movie is basically just a fairytale movie like beauty and the beast but is also a time piece about the 1960s that tackles classism, sexism, racism, and old fashioned values such as nuclear families and wealth.
WAMBurt1984 Gold Sparx Gems: 2905
#2125 Posted: 01:03:30 02/04/2023
Movie called Luck and Finch, both on Apple TV,

Luck, good but not for me. We all have good and bad Luck. It like a Disney/Pixar flim, cos it made bty someone that used to work for Disney/Pixar.

Finch, story of a man, a dog and two robots, and surving. There some sad moments, like Finch get angry at robot, another robot got destory by bear trap and Finch pass away and unable to see The Golden Gate Bridge, It a good flim. Don't like that robot name Dewey get killed off/destoryed, and should be at the end with Robot named Jeff and the dog. Never get over the Dewey death believe it should get destory and nearly ruin the flim for me abit well can't have all, even just a movie but did enjoy the flim even it's emotional.
---
British, Geek, Playstation player, Spyro & Sparx fan (Duo not shipping) & Rachet & Clark/Crash/Xbox hater.
#2126 Posted: 19:34:02 02/04/2023
John Wick 4

I really enjoyed this one, it's a lot better than the third film.
There are a few slow moments but the action makes up for it, and the ending is beautiful.

I still think they could've just left it as a standalone film, it didn't really need sequels, but I do enjoy 2 more than the first one,
for the music and the action sequences.

I'd say John Wick 4 is on par with 2.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:34:22 02/04/2023 by SuperSpyroFan
#2127 Posted: 00:34:12 13/04/2023
the illumination mario movie!

i thought it was decent. you can definitely tell illumination animated it looking at the way the characters moved and the pacing of the humor. there's something about the gestures that illumination leans on that's very unique to the studio. i was very impressed by the animation on the water and the effects animation. singing bowser makes me happy. i thought they made dk a little more of a dick than i imagine him but im not invested enough in dk or mario to really care. i enjoyed that they included the dk rap in the movie

also i want a ****ing bowser plush but the only ones in my area are 35 usd and cheaply made lmfao
---
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#2128 Posted: 11:04:45 13/04/2023
bullet train, it was very good.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#2129 Posted: 17:37:38 17/04/2023
barbie rapunzel because its free on youtube and i needed sound while i was doing unpaid labor
---
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8923
#2130 Posted: 22:48:28 17/04/2023
Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

Hands down, one of the most fun movies I've seen in a long time
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
#2131 Posted: 02:37:55 22/04/2023
Also Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves!
Looooove me some fantasy adventure with chill vibes, tons of magic, and just the right amount of comedy, so it was a great time
---
#2132 Posted: 02:21:09 29/04/2023
tale of princess kaguya

yeah still one of my favorites
---
#2133 Posted: 23:39:12 09/06/2023
Across the Spiderverse! Not sure if better than the first yet, but still goddamn amazing.
---
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2336
#2134 Posted: 23:05:57 21/06/2023
Ju On for the ten thousand time i never really get tired of it it is not that cool if a movie but has a scene or two i just like and the atmosphere of late 90s early 2000s japanese horror is fun unlike the american horror i feel japanese horror since around then has had pretty consistent creative and well done work so this will probably lead to a marathon of some favorite japanese horror
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#2135 Posted: 19:35:32 23/06/2023
spiderverse 2

i was kinda braindead when i watched it but i thought it was good
---
#2136 Posted: 01:34:19 02/07/2023
Twofer this time!

Nimona

WHAT a movie. Makes me proud to be creating, and with its story behind the scenes, if you're not clean enough for Disney, be as dirty and queer and fun as you need to be. It's not an entirely new story, but I love its presentation, the characters and their expression, and its whole aesthetic.

Puss in Boots 2

The big one that everyone's been hyping all this time - and while AMAZING, off the heels of Nimona and ATSV, it didn't blow me away as much as it should. Egg on my face for taking so long to see it, but this isn't putting it down in any way. Love how it expands the Shrek universe a bit more, is a good character study and has some amazing action scenes.

edit: Crash reminded me I watched Mario on a whim recently too. Yeah that movie was very forgettable, but pretty
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:42:10 02/07/2023 by Bifrost
#2137 Posted: 15:31:36 15/07/2023
ok not the last movie i watched but i saw nimona and i thought it was really good! definitely recommend it and the webcomic/comic it's based off of smilie
---
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12096
#2138 Posted: 14:57:38 20/07/2023
Oppenheimer then the Barbie movie directly after.

What a ride.
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5847
#2139 Posted: 20:40:58 20/07/2023
Nimona

WHAT a movie. Makes me proud to be creating, and with its story behind the scenes, if you're not clean enough for Disney, be as dirty and queer and fun as you need to be. It's not an entirely new story, but I love its presentation, the characters and their expression, and its whole aesthetic.

I've actually just watched that myself today... did find it pretty amazing, I must say. Really liked the main character! Can't help but compare the style to what I see in series like Arcane or The Dragon Prince (I'd say Arcane pulls it off best, but I still also quite like the painted CGI aesthetic in general).
---
no i will not write a signature for you
#2140 Posted: 21:01:07 20/07/2023
Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
---
#2141 Posted: 23:26:32 20/07/2023
Quote: Robo-Spyro
Nimona

I've actually just watched that myself today... did find it pretty amazing, I must say. Really liked the main character! Can't help but compare the style to what I see in series like Arcane or The Dragon Prince (I'd say Arcane pulls it off best, but I still also quite like the painted CGI aesthetic in general).

yeah! i think they pulled off the artstyle pretty well! there's been some discussion that ive seen about people wanting the film to have the same style as the comics. i'd have gone in that direction, but i think where they went was good and makes sense for the animation market as of right now. the film had kind of a rough production from what i gather so its amazing to see how well it turned out in spire of everything!
---
#2142 Posted: 00:57:04 22/07/2023
I'm a Barbie Girl, song not in the moooovie

Amazing still! It's fun to see it tackle both sides of the Discourse and still reach a really uplifting yet realistic message by the end, without mocking anything but Mattel lol
---
#2143 Posted: 15:09:30 22/07/2023
NO I CANT BELIVE IT'S NOT IN THE MOVIE

will have to watch soon
---
#2144 Posted: 14:18:09 24/07/2023
Quote: ThunderEgg
NO I CANT BELIVE IT'S NOT IN THE MOVIE

will have to watch soon

There's a remix but it's not the original, no doubt to avoid paying Aqua a small country's earnings
---
#2145 Posted: 17:17:42 28/07/2023
watched the dnd movie

nothing grounbreaking but i didnt hate it. it was just like ok
---
sans Gold Sparx Gems: 2251
#2146 Posted: 01:31:49 30/07/2023
watched nimona and elemental. both were really good.
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#2147 Posted: 13:36:52 05/12/2023
Dora movie

It was funny. Boots’s cgi sucked and swiped was animated a lot better for some reason. Good turn your brain off movie. Made me want to go watch the college humor skits. Not sure how well they’ve aged
---
#2148 Posted: 02:57:13 07/01/2024
watched harry potter movies with friends

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Kids movie. Nothing too bad nothing too good.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

same as the first but more boring. things kinda just happen just to happen.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

It is a genuinely good movie. not just a good kids movie. but like a good movie. has amazing directing and different camera techniques being used and becomes a weird trippy adventure near the end.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

I fell asleep halfway through

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

I don't remember much from this movie. david yates makes this franchise look boring and unneedlessly dark. as in I cant see ****. every scene looks boring.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

every scene looks like a youtube amv.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1

people talking in the woods but David yates doesn't know how to use the rules of thirds so most of the movie is watching paint dry. and then shakey cam so nothing is noticeable.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

watched this alone. generic and boring blockbuster
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#2149 Posted: 16:26:35 12/01/2024
Encanto.

The plot is pure generic unoriginal trash, the movie just consists of introducing the characters and the issue magically solves itself in the last 5 min with everyone giving a **** a the granny suddenly becoming a good person for no reason.

BUT...

The film is so beautiful and visually amazing that I just can't stop watching it. Some of the song are also kind of rad (other ones on the other hand are just pure crap).
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#2150 Posted: 14:20:10 22/01/2024
sonic ova

was gonna share the cat returns with my buddy but had to postpone it. sonic ova is a nice movie to turn your brain off ot otho
---
First | Previous | Page 43 of 44 | Last
1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me