Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 36 of 44 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 42 43 44
Last movie you watched.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#1751 Posted: 00:34:07 10/05/2018
Quote: Bifrost
Kung Fu Panda 3

Very good movie, should've watched it when it came out instead of being wary because of the kiddification of some scenes. It's still there, but the movie has even more good scenes and characters in comparison.

I watched that too and holy ****, it has so much style and energy, plus really good soundtrack and a nice, solid plot. I loved it, a great conclusion to a great franchise.
---
Bruh
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1752 Posted: 01:49:19 10/05/2018
Quote: Crash10
Kung Fu Panda 3

Very good movie, should've watched it when it came out instead of being wary because of the kiddification of some scenes. It's still there, but the movie has even more good scenes and characters in comparison.

I watched that too and holy ****, it has so much style and energy, plus really good soundtrack and a nice, solid plot. I loved it, a great conclusion to a great franchise.

Well, don't get your hopes up yet. We're still halfway. The creators said they were planning six movies.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#1753 Posted: 08:59:25 10/05/2018
I think I'm good, it closed off the trilogy too nicely. Unless they go back to dark plots like 2, chances are it'll just be more baby pandas.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#1754 Posted: 09:34:50 10/05/2018
I think I'm good, it closed off the trilogy too nicely. Unless they go back to dark plots like 2, chances are it'll just be more baby pandas.

I really loved two. It's my favorite of the trilogy. It balanced humor and drama very nicely, and it had the best villain. With 3 however, while it does have a very good plot, I think it tried to be too funny in scenes that honestly didn't need it. The villains background was terrific, but it wasn't' as well explored as Shen's. Maybe I'm just too critical. I only saw the movie once and it takes me many times to give movies a second watch to change many opinions smilie
---
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#1755 Posted: 11:13:15 10/05/2018
I'd say in rankings

1:Kung Fu Panda 2
2:Kung Fu Panda
3:Kung Fu Panda 3

1 is best 3 is worst

(Just saying KFP 3 isn't a bad movie, I just don't like it as much as the rest)
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#1756 Posted: 11:35:09 10/05/2018
Quote: Felines

I really loved two. It's my favorite of the trilogy. It balanced humor and drama very nicely, and it had the best villain. With 3 however, while it does have a very good plot, I think it tried to be too funny in scenes that honestly didn't need it. The villains background was terrific, but it wasn't' as well explored as Shen's. Maybe I'm just too critical. I only saw the movie once and it takes me many times to give movies a second watch to change many opinions smilie

Kai was pretty good, but yeah, he lacked the drive or reasoning to do the things he did other than "really jealous of Oogway". Shen has his health problems, the prophecy, and huge paranoia. Kai honestly feels like someone's right-hand man if you remove the context of the plot; still an opponent, but not as invested.

Doesn't help that he has no end goal after getting the Chi. Did he want to start his army again? Did he want to take over China? Was he going to build a jombie fortress and just chill there for the rest of eternity? He never made it clear.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:09:11 10/05/2018 by Bifrost
#1757 Posted: 15:53:27 10/05/2018
^Precisely my point. A few spoilers from the three movies, so don't read if you haven't seen them; Kai for me felt... incomplete. All you know is that he was Oogway's friend and got corrupted by the chi's potential and power. That's pretty much it. No further details. Shen on the other hand, felt like a much more developed character. You can see so much of his background and that he was hurt and only wanted approval, yet at the same time you knew he was a very disturbed individual. Also, he felt like a very genuine threat. Kai only targeted Pandas, and Tai Lung only wanted more power and deep inside, his master's approval, but Shen wanted all of China, and killed anybody without remorse. Everybody could see it. And he was very manipulative. Could really distract you through emotions like he did with Po.

Although in terms of danger, I think that one's for Kai. Despite the threat the other two represented, Kai was already dead, making him a nearly impossible opponent to defeat. He attacked you practically though the soul, and that I think made him the hardest target. Too bad he wasn't more developed. He had so much potential smilie

Quote: King-Pen Krazy
I'd say in rankings

1:Kung Fu Panda 2
2:Kung Fu Panda
3:Kung Fu Panda 3

1 is best 3 is worst

(Just saying KFP 3 isn't a bad movie, I just don't like it as much as the rest)

That's exactly the order I put them in.
---
#1758 Posted: 16:05:09 10/05/2018
Also, spoilers for the third movie.

Kai has Tai Lung's chi. Not only he isn't brought up once in the movie even when the amulets are broken, you have these two characters who felt betrayed by Kung Fu masters, and nothing was really done about it.

Once again, Kai would've been amazing if he wasn't the real big bad. As it is, it's lacking.
---
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1759 Posted: 13:11:54 21/05/2018
Deadpool 2.

I didn't really know what to expect, but I thought it was great! Really funny. Probably the best movie I've seen this year.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#1760 Posted: 13:32:45 21/05/2018
Black Panther

Well I see why people enjoyed it so much Really good
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#1761 Posted: 13:54:38 21/05/2018
Black Panther too!

I was expecting a just alright marvel formula movie with all the jokes and quirky moments, but nope! After Ant-Man, this is a sight for sore eyes. Love the soundtrack too.
---
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1762 Posted: 15:26:27 21/05/2018
I just realized I never gave my thoughts on Deadpool 2

I liked it a lot. It’s definitely on a bigger scope than the first movie and shows. There’s a lot more creative kills and stuff on display and for the most part I really dug it. I think the bigger budget was definitely evident, but some of the effects weren’t as good as I’d have liked. There’s only two specific examples where I could say the CG was bad, but they were really noticeable in those places

It’s definitely got a lot of memorable jokes, though. The references were on point for the most part and I was cracking up quite a bit at some points in the film. I think the callbacks to the first film were incredibly 50/50 to me on if they landed or not. If they poked fun at the scene in reference, then it hit way more to me than if they just straight up said the joke again with slight variation. Even besides that, I liked the fact we got a more deep look into Deadpool and he wasn’t just a one-note “funny murder man”.

SPOILERS
I loved the fact that X-Force was just killed off instantly. I thought that was so great and it was just a fun jab at the “Slipknot Problem” in marketing. They built them up so much, only to have them all murdered instantly.

Also, I fanboyed like hell at Juggernaut

All in all, a solid comedy. I hope for more in the future with them 7/10
#1763 Posted: 02:52:38 02/06/2018
Tropic Thunder - That was... unexpectedly amazing. It feels like if an Adam Sandler movie had actual effort and creativity behind it. I was laughing a whole bunch at the relatively stupid comedy. Robert Downey plays my favorite character in it by far, too. I’ve never thought I’ve seen tasteful blackface be done in a movie, but they did it. I’m absolutely shocked at how well that bit worked.

It’s a wonderful spoof of war movies and of Hollywood actors in general. If I had to give it one strike it’s that I thought some of the “people don’t realize that bad thing is going on because they’re idiots” humor was a bit much. That, and most of cast felt overshadowed by each other. Idk, some characters clearly got more material to work with than others.

8/10
#1764 Posted: 01:15:57 03/06/2018
Deadpool 2!

It's more of the same, when it comes down to it, but it's still fun. Some scenes drag themselves far beyond the 'haha funny meta' threshold though, so I hope Ryan Reynolds doesn't let it get out of hand in the future.

Now, if only he could apply some of this to Detective Pikachu without getting his ear pulled by TPC...
---
#1765 Posted: 01:41:23 11/06/2018
Bump because Coco, after months trying to watch it.

God dammit movie while you do this to me ;__; I still prefer The Book of Life when it comes to that story, but just god damn my heart strings aren't a toy.

Obviously spoilers:

Thinking of both my grandmas when they show Coco didn't last a year broke me. Alzheimers ****ing sucks. ****.

Edit: now that the waterworks are done, I prefer The Book of Life for the theme(Coco had some weird paradoxes on the Day of the Dead stuff), but it's still an extremely strong movie. I also mostly prefer the family from the former except for the matriatch - they kinda blend together and I had more excitement watching Frida Kahlo's antics than the supposed secondary characters.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:53:58 12/06/2018 by Bifrost
#1766 Posted: 01:48:15 11/06/2018
Coco is one superb movie! I haven't loved a movie that way in years! The Book of Life had a slightly better story, but Coco was better in everything else. That movie mercilessly squeezes your heart. And Bifrost...

I completely understand you. I lost three of my grandparents, and my last grandmother is succumbing to Alzheimer's too. That disease sucks so much smilie
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#1767 Posted: 00:06:48 17/06/2018
incredibles 2, its pretty much the first movie but the action scenes in this movie were fantastic. great creative use of superpowers that were allowed to go the full distance because it is an animated movie.they also cussed
#1768 Posted: 00:24:19 17/06/2018
IT (2017). I handled it much better than I expected. The original miniseries is my original childhood fear, so it was a step forward watching this remake. Of course, my mom was cruel enough to put me the mini series when I was just six, so it was a trauma that stayed with me for more than a decade and half. I watched the movie, now I have to watch the mini series to get over the silly fear once and for all.

Quote: somePerson
incredibles 2, its pretty much the first movie but the action scenes in this movie were fantastic. great creative use of superpowers that were allowed to go the full distance because it is an animated movie.they also cussed

I was going to watch that movie, but I forced the theater staff to return me the money. There was barely any space, and many seats were either taken or filled with stuff. Oh, and a few had a leakage. No courtesy whatsoever for my dad and me. Nobody was kind enough to lend us a couple of seats smilie
---
#1769 Posted: 02:49:57 24/06/2018
Gods of Egypt. Terrible movie. Still fun! The description of "The Room of expensive fantasy movies" fits quite well. It's stupid, the dialogue is stilted, the CGI is a disgrace to the otherwise amazing art direction, but you have some actually funny exchanges, really interesting use of egyptian mythology that doesn't fall on the usual cliches, and

Mecha Set.

It's hard to not love at least a bit of this movie.
---
#1770 Posted: 04:07:32 24/06/2018
This sounds so up my alley it’s not even funny! Thanks for the “recommendation” Bifrost
#1771 Posted: 23:21:17 25/06/2018
A little late but what I said isn't even half of the "best" parts of the movie, too. Keep an eye out for impressed(sic), the atrocious waterfall scene and lettuce.

This movie also has almost as many cuts as a Liam Neeson film holy ****. It's JUST a sword impact stop making me think like this is a game dropping frames
---
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1772 Posted: 17:51:56 27/06/2018
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom- talked about it more so in the JW topic.

Incredibles 2- Fantastic. Well worth the 14 year wait. I didn't like it as much as the first one but I still had a great time watching it. 9/10.
---
Cool cool.
#1773 Posted: 03:02:57 04/07/2018
Pacific Rim Uprising-I've never seen the original Pacific Rim, so maybe I should watch it, and then I'll get what happened, but I was confused because I didn't know what was happening with the plot, but the fight scenes were sick af
6/10

Love, Simon-I've really wanted to see this film, and it didn't dissapoint, I don't really want to spoil anything, but there is one thing I want to say that I disliked

Simon forgives his friends waaaaayyyyy to easily for just abandoning him because he made a mistake, he was in a very VERY bad situation, and he made some bad decisions, cause that's what people do when they are worried. And they just ****in leave him. And Simon's like "Welcome back guys" 20 minutes later. If they were my friends, I'd be looking for new friends

Just watch it, buy it, rent it, I don't care, I'd totally recommend it.
9/10
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1774 Posted: 03:12:22 04/07/2018
^Haven't seen Uprising yet, but the original Pacific Rim is pretty great. One of the best monster movies of the decade tbh
---
Cool cool.
#1775 Posted: 03:25:40 04/07/2018
Incredibles 2

Woah this was great. Everything I wanted and then some more. Loved it. Also Bao was great too.
---
Bruh
#1776 Posted: 19:28:09 06/07/2018
Coco

That was really sweet! I enjoyed it way more than I thought I did. Although, it still has a lot of Disney tropes that I’m starting to get annoyed with at this point, I think the ending in particular was super strong and made me forget about my disdain for some of the plot elements.

I have to go back and rewatch a bunch of Pixar movies now to figure out what one is my favorite, but this is definitely up there. At least it’s stylish as hell and has a really killer soundtrack
#1777 Posted: 01:25:14 14/07/2018
Batman Ninja.

What the **** was a good chunk of 40 minutes there. Can't say I feel bad for watching it in less than good quality and in a noisy room.
---
#1778 Posted: 17:28:44 19/07/2018
Kubo and the Two Strings, Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, Howl's Moving Castle and The Book of Life.

All of them are great in different ways and really surprised me.
---
Bruh
#1779 Posted: 18:28:32 19/07/2018
^All great movies smilie
---
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12063
#1780 Posted: 14:33:26 21/07/2018
Baby Driver

It's now one of my favourite movies.
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#1781 Posted: 06:26:42 23/07/2018
Saw Hotel Transylvania 3 yesterday. Was actually very pleasantly surprised that the story has held up through the 3rd movie. Animation was fan-freaking-tastic. Sony has really developed their own style for it and I love it. Every frame has strong silhouettes and the cinematography is on point.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
#1782 Posted: 03:41:45 21/08/2018
Hnnng, I’ve watched a lot of movies recently, so here are my thoughts on them.

Sorry to Bother You - Really bizarre and abstract. Definitely one of the more unique films to come out of this year. The third act got so insane really quickly, which is super cool. Could be seen as a bit obnoxious at times, but all in all, it’s a super underrated gem. 8/10

Blackkklansman - A really awesome historical movie. The 70’s vibe was so strong throughout the entire movie and it made me really appreciate the work that the costume designers put in to make it authentic to the time period. I was definitely clenching my butthole at some of the more suspenseful parts of the movie, and the racists were all such interesting characters. Like, man do they hate minorities... Wow! I’m sure this’ll get Oscar nominated. 9/10

Teen Titans Go to the Movies - Way funnier than it had any right to be. It was such a hilarious parody of superheroes. The poop and fart jokes still bothered me, but the excellent musical numbers, killer animation switchups and overall fun more than made up for it. Wish that Robin wasn’t the only fleshed out character in the movie, but it worked for the story they were going for. Also, Deathstroke was super disappointing. 7/10

Eighth Grade - I wept, I cringed, I experienced pure joy followed by crushing sadness... just like real middle school! God, I loved this movie so much 10/10

Justice League - No... 2/10
#1783 Posted: 16:43:44 21/08/2018
Just realized I never gave my thoughts on The Shape of Water or La La Land

La La Land-BORING! And not just because it's an old-style musical, because I love Singing in the Rain. But the story and characters didn't engage me, it was one of the only movies where I actually got up and and left to do something else because I was so bored.

Doesn't mean I don't respect the **** out of the film and the people who made it, it really made people appreciate live action musicals, and the fact that Ryan Gosling learned the piano for this movie, is definantly something impressive.

Overall, I'd say a 6/10, it wasn't that good.

---
The Shape of Water-I've seen it now, and, still, no. Just no.

Listen, the message of this film is great, but it still doesn't excuse the fact that a lady has sex with a FISH!

And I don't care that "it's a humanoid" doesn't make it any more correct.

But that's just one part of it, aside from Richard's and Sally's preformances, none of the characters struck me as memorable, and honestly, while the movie is unique, unique isn't always good. And this movie was nowhere near deserving to get an oscar. honestly, it probably should've gone to Three Billboards or Get Out, those movies are much more deserving

1/10
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#1784 Posted: 17:34:49 21/08/2018
^This. I haven't watched either movies, and frankly, I don't intend to. They were both very famous at the Academy Awards, which is partially the reason why I didn't watch them, asides of not getting my attention. The oscars lost my respect a long time ago. Boring and weird movies are always the one who are favorites, and movies that really deserve the awards are always snubbed.
---
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#1785 Posted: 11:38:53 23/08/2018
Monty Python's The Meaning of Life

A very interesting film that goes deeply into advanced philosophical concepts, such as the concept of war. Highly educational and I feel like my IQ has been multiplied after watching. If any of you here are tired of all those crappy 80s comedy movies, this film will provide a much needed break, which will greatly improve your life also. I recommend it to anyone who wants to learn more about the nature of the universe. lol jk
#1786 Posted: 13:41:42 23/09/2018
Rampage.

I was expecting a dumb monster movie and it's pretty much that, but it's surprisingly fun to watch, just like Jumanji 2018! It has that Pacific Rim shamelessness of setting up the plot - the characters are all quickly part of the action and willingly doing crazy things with little angst, the villains are horrible in every possible way instead of trying to get an unecessary gray plot(also no government meddling for the actual giant monster creation, that's refreshng), the monsters are around for plenty of time even if the focus is on the main trio. If you just want to relax for a few hours with dumb awesome action this is pretty good.
---
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#1787 Posted: 04:42:01 24/09/2018
Jumanji (the recent one).

Not a bad way to kill a couple of hours. Not sure I'd watch it again, though.
#1788 Posted: 01:21:02 28/09/2018
Paddington 1.

It's incredible, I've never felt so peaceful watching a movie. The reviews truly don't lie, it's like it wraps you in a cozy blanket to tell you a modern fairy tale.
---
#1789 Posted: 02:07:03 28/09/2018
^Is it really that good? I've heard so much about those movies, but I've never stopped to watch them smilie
---
#1790 Posted: 10:43:47 28/09/2018
^Is it really that good? I've heard so much about those movies, but I've never stopped to watch them smilie

I'd say it's best in the right mood. You can't be yearning for too much action or heartstrings being tugged. Paddington is good to just make you feel cozy and accept the weird things that are happening.
---
#1791 Posted: 23:16:32 30/09/2018
Mission Impossible: Fallout and then Spider-Man: Homecoming.
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#1792 Posted: 20:35:42 01/10/2018
Happy Feet (2006), Finding Nemo (2003), and Finding Dory (2016). They're three of my favorite movies of all time. smilie
---
Hail to the King, baby!
#1793 Posted: 21:02:34 01/10/2018
Have you watched Happy Feet 2? Call me crazy, but I enjoyed it more than I did the first smilie
---
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#1794 Posted: 14:02:17 02/10/2018
Have you watched Happy Feet 2? Call me crazy, but I enjoyed it more than I did the first smilie

Yeah I’ve seen it, and I also think that it’s better than the original film. I like both, but I love Happy Feet Two more.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
#1795 Posted: 09:26:51 04/10/2018
Shin Godzilla.
#1796 Posted: 18:17:20 04/10/2018
Quote: FedUpWolf

I've seen it, I liked the elephant seals in it.

Amd that climax man! The opera, Under Pressure, I'm telling you, I get some serious goosebumps with that ending. It's too bad not many people can see how superior the sequel is smilie
---
#1797 Posted: 10:39:29 05/10/2018
Solo: A Star Wars Story.
First | Previous | Page 36 of 44 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 42 43 44

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me