darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Upgrade Path Recommendations! NEW OP!!!!!!
First | Previous | Page 31 of 34 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Upgrade Path Recommendations! NEW OP!!!!!! [STICKY]
thumpinator Gold Sparx Gems: 2419
#1501 Posted: 16:59:51 24/03/2013
Best path for s2 stealth elf and s2 stumpsmash??
Trigger Fizz Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#1502 Posted: 19:27:55 24/03/2013
I have to ask...what is the better path for Terrafin?
---
smilie NO POTIONS, NO GLORY! smilie
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#1503 Posted: 19:45:05 24/03/2013
Quote: thumpinator
Best path for s2 stealth elf and s2 stumpsmash??

Pook Blade Saint for S2 smilie but S2 smilie I don't have him but I think Nut Crafter is better
---
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#1504 Posted: 19:53:21 24/03/2013
Yes, Nut Crafter is better for S2 Stumpy. You'll be using the Wow Pow as your main attack, and the fact that he spits two acorns instead of one effectively doubles the effect of the Wow Pow.
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#1505 Posted: 21:37:03 24/03/2013
I'm a bit stumped about S2 Wrecking Ball. Which path should I pick for him?
---
Hail to the King, baby!
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7014
#1506 Posted: 21:59:32 24/03/2013
I don't have S2 Wrecking ball, but for S1 Ultimate spinner is better, and when you see that his S2 version has a wow pow for the forcefield ball that's a sign that Ultimate spinner is(still) the ideal path.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:59:54 24/03/2013 by Mrmorrises
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#1507 Posted: 22:13:04 24/03/2013
Quote: Mrmorrises
I don't have S2 Wrecking ball, but for S1 Ultimate spinner is better, and when you see that his S2 version has a wow pow for the forcefield ball that's a sign that Ultimate spinner is(still) the ideal path.

Ah I see now. Thanks for the info! smilie
---
Hail to the King, baby!
#1508 Posted: 22:24:47 24/03/2013
Not only that, but most people consider Total tongue a rather rubbish path.
WhirlwindDragon Green Sparx Gems: 407
#1509 Posted: 07:15:48 25/03/2013
What is the best path recommendation for Lightcore Shroom Boom, Molten Hot Dog, Spyro S2, Swarm, Thumpback and Hot Head?
---
2/2 Stone Variants Zook and Whirlwind and Polar Whirlwind

I need Scarlet Ninjini
happy81555 Green Sparx Gems: 175
#1510 Posted: 11:48:42 25/03/2013
shroomboom: Paramushroom Promotion
hot dog: Burning bow wow
spyro: sheep burner
swarm: Barberous Avenger
Thumpback: Anchor's A-Yay!!
hot head: both are great. Battle mode: Oil baron. Story mode: The Burninator
---
im randon, deal with it! smilie
smilievolts and lightning!smilie smilie
#1511 Posted: 11:50:36 25/03/2013
im goning to try Hothead's oil baron path..,
---
WhirlwindDragon Green Sparx Gems: 407
#1512 Posted: 02:53:19 26/03/2013
What is the best path recommendation for Legendary Lightcore Chill and Ninjini?
---
2/2 Stone Variants Zook and Whirlwind and Polar Whirlwind

I need Scarlet Ninjini
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:53:44 26/03/2013 by WhirlwindDragon
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#1513 Posted: 13:12:35 26/03/2013
Chill: Ice Lancer
Ninjini: Swords of Might
Hakann Yellow Sparx Gems: 1238
#1514 Posted: 13:15:52 26/03/2013
i like more chill on Frozen Fury for nightmare mode
---
Expect the unexpected
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:24:05 26/03/2013 by Hakann
BigGuy0810 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1633
#1515 Posted: 17:17:24 27/03/2013
What is the best path for sunburn and why?
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#1516 Posted: 23:27:56 27/03/2013
^ Blaze Dragon by far because he's insanely powerful (but slow) while holding his Flamethrower Breath.
Zookie Pookie Blue Sparx Gems: 988
#1517 Posted: 14:17:52 29/03/2013
is there a topic on best path for each character for PvE?
#1518 Posted: 15:23:39 29/03/2013
Quote: Zookie Pookie

No, people have tried to make PVE tier lists before, but unlike the PVP tier list here(which is now stickied!) they have pretty much gone back several pages and show no sign of coming back.
Zookie Pookie Blue Sparx Gems: 988
#1519 Posted: 21:54:29 29/03/2013

No, people have tried to make PVE tier lists before, but unlike the PVP tier list here(which is now stickied!) they have pretty much gone back several pages and show no sign of coming back.

So lame, who's gonna step up do that? That person would be awesome. I'm thinking I could maybe do it, but I haven't play on every path of every character.
GhostRoaster24 Blue Sparx Gems: 942
#1520 Posted: 01:07:56 30/03/2013

So lame, who's gonna step up do that? That person would be awesome. I'm thinking I could maybe do it, but I haven't play on every path of every character.

I would too, but I have not every Skylander! If I did, I sure sure would do it!
---
Tumblr: hunter-alex
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#1521 Posted: 16:14:49 02/04/2013
My Shroomboom is currently on Barrier Boost
And My Flashwing is on Super Spinner.

Should I chanhe anything?
JakeJones Blue Sparx Gems: 533
#1522 Posted: 17:58:59 02/04/2013
Dude change Shroomboom. idk about flashwing cuz i have her but have not upgraded her at all yet.
---
Foot ball kicks butt and balls.
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#1523 Posted: 11:39:28 07/04/2013
whats the best path for ninjni
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
#1524 Posted: 18:59:15 07/04/2013
What path is better for s2 stealth elf??
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#1525 Posted: 00:59:46 08/04/2013
I'm considering getting some S2. What path would be best for S2 Chop Chop (I'm leaning towards Shield, as his Wowpow upgrades it)? Shroomboom? And possibly others.

Btw my recommendations for S2:
Terrafin Digging (as his wowpow helps it), Eruptor eruption (as his wowpow gives him good range, and he is unbeatable at melee), Sprocket turrets (fun and unique, and half-decent if you have good speed),
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
silverflashwing Red Sparx Gems: 50
#1526 Posted: 22:20:37 10/04/2013
Here are some of my preferred upgrade paths of the S2 skylanders. Tell me if you agreee.

Wind

Lightning Rod- Typhoon Titan- It goes perfectly with his Soul Gem it is not even funny, and with the Wow Pow it kind of replaces the other path.

Whirlwind- Tempest Dragon- It goes well with the Wow Pow as well, and spamming it will do a lot of damage quickly.

Jet-Vac Vac - Packeteer- I love the suction gun it is his best move,and it gives him the cool corkscrew attack as well.

Sonic Boom- Medea Griffin- Go this path or change it now!!!!!

Fire

Sun burn-Blaze Dragon- I know he is series one,but I just got him and wanted to include him. This is definitely the best path anyways, because the teleport one is very hard to use and it is useless in PVP.

Hot Dog-Burning Bow Wow- The Wheel Spin is one of the best attacks ever. Nuff said.

Ignitor- Soul of Fame- this is one of the ones that if you did not choose this path you need to reset. The only downside to this path is the fact that it leaves you body defenseless.

Water

Gill Grunt- Water Weaver- His Wow Pow basically replaces the other path

Zap- Telsa Dragon- The slime is now worthless unlike in the other version so the other path does not help much.

Chill- Ice Lancer- Throw three into the ice block and get six who does not want that?

Tech

Sprocket- Operator- The other path is rubbish and should not be taken seriously

Drobot- Master Blaster- Same as above

Trigger Happy- Golden Money Bags- The Wow Pow replaces the other path and is better anyways.

Magic

Pop Fizz- Best of the beast- Both are good but I like the beast combos better

Double Trouble- Channler- The other path is rubbish also

Spyro- Blitz- I hope this is the right path anyways if this is the horn path then it is right. Stun Plus Huge Horns Plus Wow Pow Equals all enemies dead.

Wrecking ball- Ultimate Spinner- The other path is only for story mode no good anywhere else

Earth

Bash- Granite Dragon- Does about 200 Damage when charged and is the best path for him

Terrafin- Brawler- The under ground stuff is now amazing with the Wow Pow so it does not need anymore upgrades, but his fists do.

Flashwing- Super Spinner- This one replaces the other path with its ability to shoot out crystals while spinning and regaining health is pretty much useless in PVP

Undead

Eye Brawl- Eye for an Eye- I love the flying eyeball and this path makes it amazing so for me it is the best

Fright Rider-Joust Jockey- The 360 Degree of spear is a must have along with his ground pound thing( I for got the name)

Hex- Bone Crafter - it makes the rain amazing and hard to dodge

Cynder- Shadow Dancer- Spam This and it adds up fast(my friends hate the ghosts)

Life

Zook- Floral Defender- The Cacti do so much damage and let you attack easier

Shroom Boom- Barrier Boost- You become invincible and get to move farther away to let yourself easier attack them

Tree Rex-Tree Folk Charger- He is slow and this helps a lot and is good in PVP

Stealth Elf- Pook Blade Saint- The other path is rubbish also
#1527 Posted: 00:31:27 11/04/2013
Actually, I've done both paths for (s1) Ignitor and am more satisfied with his swords path.
I agree with almost all your recommendations, except:
Tree Rex: His beam, when fully upgraded, and charged, does insane damage, and enemies it kills explode! Rapid fire with it aint half bad, and he becomes one of the best ranged characters ever!
Terrafin: I suggest only the digging path because then his fin damages enemies. With his wowpow, he doesn't even need to ever come out of the ground! except to talk to an NPC or something.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#1528 Posted: 02:37:20 11/04/2013
For Flashwing I disagree. Regaining health is actually VERY FAR from useless in PVP.
#1529 Posted: 02:49:31 11/04/2013
I know but with things like bash when you try to shot it into the wall it takes to long you will lose more health then you gain, but thanks for the advice.I also find the super spinner path is faster anyway. I think that both of the paths are about the same anyways so it is mostly on your preference.

His Wow Pow does not help the blade path so over all Soul Of Flame is better. This is for Ignitor.

But his body slam is much better and he needs the speed. Laser a bit to easy to dodge to and the path is more for story mode. This is for tree rex.

I think I will actually go with your recommendation for terrafin that does sound quite good.
#1530 Posted: 07:21:57 11/04/2013
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
Quote: thumpinator
What path is better for s2 stealth elf??

Scarecrow path, it's a lot more fun than Pook Blade Saint.

Scarecrow is fun, but for S2 (S1 I do do scarecrow), Pook Blade makes her wowpow much better, and those shadowsbane are pretty darn sweet (i've done both paths for s1)

For Flashwing I disagree. Regaining health is actually VERY FAR from useless in PVP.

True, but shoot lasers while spinning around and deflect enemy attacks? It's like a ranged Wrecking ball dream come true!

Btw, Kingdom Hearts fans! Pick Lightning Rod's Lightning Lord path! It's just like using D-Thundara/Thundaga/Thundaza! Or like (Dual-Wielding) Roxas's Final Limit, Magic Hour! Or the King (Mickey Mouse)'s Final Limit (unsure of its name).
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:00:27 11/04/2013 by Doomslicer
DraculauraXXX Blue Sparx Gems: 654
#1531 Posted: 09:44:25 11/04/2013
Quote: silverflashwing
Here are some of my preferred upgrade paths of the S2 skylanders. Tell me if you agreee.

Wind

Sun burn-Blaze Dragon- I know he is series one,but I just got him and wanted to include him. This is definitely the best path anyways, because the teleport one is very hard to use and it is useless in PVP.

Spyro- Blitz- I hope this is the right path anyways if this is the horn path then it is right. Stun Plus Huge Horns Plus Wow Pow Equals all enemies dead.

Terrafin- Brawler- The under ground stuff is now amazing with the Wow Pow so it does not need anymore upgrades, but his fists do.

Flashwing- Super Spinner- This one replaces the other path with its ability to shoot out crystals while spinning and regaining health is pretty much useless in PVP

Cynder- Shadow Dancer- Spam This and it adds up fast(my friends hate the ghosts)

Shroom Boom- Barrier Boost- You become invincible and get to move farther away to let yourself easier attack them

its not called the wind element, its called Air.

if you haven't tried Flame Lord you should give it a go. it was by far the better path in SSA, but since SG has improved Blaze Dragon its debateable which is better.

S2 Drobot is not out yet, and there is a good chance Clockwork Dragon might be the better path due to the wow pow.

Mad Scientist is able to spam potions like crazy. when Best of the Best is a generic mele path that you have a time limit on. Mad Scientist is much to under rated.

If you fully upgrade S2 Spyro you will see that he looses his Stun ability due to a glitch. because of this, the better path is Sheep Burnner.

Terrafin's strategy is to Earth Swim, spam Mini Sharks, Belly Flop, and repeat. Knuckles wont be used that much so why upgrade them? being immune to damage underground is priceless, specially since how many more high damage characters there are compared to SSA. the wow pow is built for the Sandhog path, which means that path is all that much better.

Super Shards ability to regain Health is very under rated. it might seem like small amounts, but it can add up really fast. Super Shards takes a little practice to get used to when and where to heal, so most people dismiss it as worse after a few battles because they prefer the simple stratagy of "rush in and do as much damage to your opponet as fast as you can" which is what Super Spinner is all about. which isnt a bad thing, but with Flashwing, its more worth while to not use that strategy.

while in SA Nether Welder was a bit better then Shadow Dancer, in SG Nether Welder is now tons better. mainly because in SG you can be damaged while in Shadow Dash. also, exploding ghosts work better now, and rack up damage pretty fast. Nether Welder is the clear choice.

Paramushroom Promotion can spam Paratropers and Slingshots at the same time for crazy damage. Barrier Boost's protection has no real way of drawing your opponent close to you, so it becomes very easily avoidable.

Lumbering Laserer can put out more damage and cover a wider area then Treefolk Charger.
Edited 12 times - Last edited at 18:42:33 11/04/2013 by DraculauraXXX
#1532 Posted: 12:39:52 11/04/2013
Quote: DraculauraXXX

Wind

if you havent tried Flame Lord you should give it a go. it was by far the better path in SSA, but since SG has improved Blaze Dragon its debatable which is better.

S2 Drobot is not out yet, and there is a good chance Clockwork Dragon might be the better path due to the wow pow.

Mad Scientist is able to spam potions like crazy. when Best of the Best is a generic mele path that you have a time limit on. Mad Scientist is much to under rated.

If you fully upgrade S2 Spyro you will see that he looses his Stun ability due to a glitch. because of this, the better path is Sheep Burnner.

Terrafin's stratagy is to Earth Swim, spam Mini Sharks, Belly Flop, and repeat. Knuckles wont be used that much so why upgrade them? being immune to damage underground is priceless, specially since how many more high damage charcters there are compared to SSA. the wow pow is built for the Sandhog path, which means that path is all that much better.

Super Shards ability to regain Health is very under ratted. it might seem like small amounts, but it can add up really fast. Super Shards takes a little practice to get use to when and where to heal, so most people dismis it as worse after a few battles because they prefer the simple stratagy of "rush in and put as much pain to your target as fast as you can" which is what Super Spinner is all about. which isnt a bad thing, but with Flashwing, its more worth while to not use that stratagy.

while in SA Nether Welder was a bit better then Shadow Dancer, in SG Nether Welder is now tons better. mainy because in SG you can be damaged while in Shadow Dash. also, exploding ghosts work better now, and rack up damage pretty fast. Nether Welder is the clear choice.

Paramushroom Promotion can spam Paratropers and Slingshots at the same time for crazy damage. Barrier Boost's protection has no real way of drawing your opponent close to you, so it becomes very easy avoidable.

Lumbering Laserer can put out more damage and cover a wider area then Treefolk Charger.

let us start with sunburn I never use his teleport and find it hard to use and I do not think I will be changing his path

Drobot- It might make the other path better but it looks as if it basically replaces the other path so I do not think I will change this until he comes out

Pop Fizz-I like how fast you can attack on this path and when it runs out you can just use the Wow
Pow

Spyro- They are about the same now so it is mostly a matter of preference

Terrafin I already said to some one that I think I will try this path out and check to make sure brawler is better

Flashwing look to my last post as I talks about this (after the post you quoted)

Cynder but it is so much better to spam it and have a lot of ghosts all over the enemies in my opinion and I have tried both paths on this one

Shroom Boom- But you become invincible and the paratroopers are to easily avoided in my opinion

Tree Rex same as flashwing
DraculauraXXX Blue Sparx Gems: 654
#1533 Posted: 17:33:52 11/04/2013
about Pop Fizz's Wow Pow, well he doesn't have one. you're thinking of the Soul Gem upgrade. but anyway, Best of the Beast is a good offense, when Mad Scientist is a good defense. but this game is all about outlasting your opponent. Sandhog might put out less damage per second, but still scores more wins because he just doesn't take on as much damage. Mad Scientist works the same way. Exploding Green Toxic combined with Purple Potion Servants let him stay away from the opponent a bit, unlike meleing in beast form, which puts him in harms way.

for Flashwing, both paths are pretty equal. but Super Shards still has the edge with practice on when to heal and when not to.

the strategy with Nether Welder is to keep spaming Spectral Lightning while keeping just out of reach with Shadow Dash. Ghosts help alot too. Lightning on this path covers an area far and wide. and it can even go through most walls, which is very useful.

Paratroopers arent that avoidable if you spam them. sure dashing skylanders will be able to do it, but most of them will be able to take him out no matter what path your on. a Shroomboom on Barrier Boost cant beat an opponent who wont go near him. all the opponent has to do is wait for him to come out.

all my path suggestions are for PVP. since pretty much any path can handle story mode. Lumbering Laserer i would say is best for both. but they are pretty close.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:48:55 11/04/2013 by DraculauraXXX
#1534 Posted: 21:49:12 11/04/2013
Quote: Doomslicer
Quote: Quote: [url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=50977&post=4199281
Mrmorrises
True, but shoot lasers while spinning around and deflect enemy attacks? It's like a ranged Wrecking ball dream come true!

Spoken Like A TRUE FLASHWING MASTER.

Pop Fizz- Have you ever heard the phrase a good offense is a good defense

Cynder-SPAMMING GHOST IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

Shroom Boom- Becoming invincible is so you can reposition closer and not have any trouble attacking them

Tree Rex-He needs the speed,and anyways titan elbow drop will become his best attack if you take this path.(when you learn to control it )you will love this path and be very good with this charater
#1535 Posted: 23:15:13 11/04/2013
Which path makes Shroomboom invincible?
Also, I don't have flashwing, but I plan on getting Jadewing!
---
#1536 Posted: 23:35:43 11/04/2013
Barrier Boost but the time is limited but it is all the time you will really need to reposition check out the upgrade here
http://spyro.wikia.com/wiki/Shroomboom
#1537 Posted: 00:09:42 12/04/2013
I know, I use spyro wiki a lot.
I like characters who can go underground or similar, I'll probably do that path.
---
#1538 Posted: 13:24:03 13/04/2013
now that i have shroomboom [and all skylanders expect smilie]; i choose shroomboom's slingshot path.
shroomboom's barrier boost path
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slNHvJwThK8
shroomboom's paramushroom path
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxOuCRdUG3M
---
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#1539 Posted: 16:59:22 13/04/2013

Wind

if you haven't tried Flame Lord you should give it a go. it was by far the better path in SSA, but since SG has improved Blaze Dragon its debateable which is better.

Terrafin's strategy is to Earth Swim, spam Mini Sharks, Belly Flop, and repeat. Knuckles wont be used that much so why upgrade them? being immune to damage underground is priceless, specially since how many more high damage characters there are compared to SSA. the wow pow is built for the Sandhog path, which means that path is all that much better.

Super Shards ability to regain Health is very under rated. it might seem like small amounts, but it can add up really fast. Super Shards takes a little practice to get used to when and where to heal, so most people dismiss it as worse after a few battles because they prefer the simple stratagy of "rush in and do as much damage to your opponet as fast as you can" which is what Super Spinner is all about. which isnt a bad thing, but with Flashwing, its more worth while to not use that strategy.

while in SA Nether Welder was a bit better then Shadow Dancer, in SG Nether Welder is now tons better. mainly because in SG you can be damaged while in Shadow Dash. also, exploding ghosts work better now, and rack up damage pretty fast. Nether Welder is the clear choice.

Paramushroom Promotion can spam Paratropers and Slingshots at the same time for crazy damage. Barrier Boost's protection has no real way of drawing your opponent close to you, so it becomes very easily avoidable.

I agree with this 100%
very good information here from someone who thoroughly tries each path !
#1540 Posted: 17:15:28 13/04/2013
Quote: Hazard335

Wind

I agree with this 100%
very good information here from someone who thoroughly tries each path !

I get all my information on both paths from this guy who is much more informed you should really trust him more and I actually do try most of the paths
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#1541 Posted: 17:28:43 13/04/2013
^but dos he do pvp recommendations?
it seems everyone has a different opinion on Shroomboom, so for the heck of it I went back a few pages and searched for a really good review I read by tashiji, anyone looking for recommendations should really search for his posts.

Quote: Tashiji
I reset Shroom Boom to try this for myself, but yes, Paramushroom Promotion is very much a B-tier character. He has a simple, easily-abused strategy that really works well against characters who are less than exceptional. Pop a plain mushroom shield, no augments necessary, and spam virtually the whole arena with paratroopers. You can fill the screen, and it is VERY hard to dodge, because although they fire into the air, the "attack" animation almost immediately teleports very close to the ground, giving very little time to move. Yes, 16 damage is low, but keep in mind you're camping in any arena-based campsite you can find, AND behind your mushroom shield. Also keep in mind how rapidly they can be fired, and the "sticky" DoT--it adds up. The exploding slingshrooms are nice for damage and in a pinch, as well. It's a surprisingly effective PVP path, and I would defend B-tier for Paramushroom Promotion, even though I wouldn't put him any higher.

The other path is the one with problems for Shroom Boom. The same problems as Melon Master Camo, to be honest; inability to force opponents to close in on your medium-range, circular AoE attack for long enough to hit them with it. Paramushroom Promotion wins battles through damage-over-time and defense, and it's versatile. The shield path is based entirely on the shield, making it rather... untenable against good characters. He's probably C or D.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:32:39 13/04/2013 by Hazard335
#1542 Posted: 17:37:53 13/04/2013
Wdrumz usually does prefer a path for it's power in Pvp. Although occasionally he does tend to hardly give a path a chance, saying it sucks because it lost one match. Overall though, he is a decent Pvp reviewer.
#1543 Posted: 14:06:29 19/04/2013
What path for Pop Fizz, Tree Rex, S2 Cynder, Shroomboom, and Flashwing?
#1544 Posted: 16:52:38 19/04/2013
^

Mad scienist
Treefolk charger
Nether welder
Barrier boost
Super shards
#1545 Posted: 17:45:13 19/04/2013
^Reasons please?

And I've tried Barrier Boost shroomboom, what's so good about it?It's terrible IMO.
Antimatter Green Sparx Gems: 195
#1546 Posted: 22:00:51 19/04/2013
Here are my observations of the only two Skylanders I've ever fully upgraded, save the Soul Gems since none of my characters have those. Please note that these are not recommendations or comparisons, as I have yet to try the other full path for one and plan never to reset the other one. Also, these observations are for only PVE, as I have yet to try PVP with any of these.

Shroomboom:Barrier Boost

This was a tricky, though fun, path for me to use. I never played it extensively, because I soon realized that I had difficulty using it effectively. The strategy, for me, was to spawn the ring near enemies, hide underground, move away from the enemies to make the ring explode, pop up far from the enemies, shoot some paratroopers or exploding mushrooms, and wait for the enemies to approach me before spawning the ring again. I quickly found this to be enjoyable, especially while being underground, but tricky to master.

Another note is that your hat disappears while you're underground; if you strongly dislike inconsistency, perhaps this path is not for you.

--

I switched Shroomboom to his other path soon after completing Barrier Boost. Though the paratroopers automatically launch at enemies (or treasure or NPCs, often), they tend to miss far too often for my liking, even with three of them. However, I began using the mushroom ring defensively, and to my amusement, it tends to completely block projectiles (but not melee attacks or fire - oh well). I like to run away from enemies, spawn the ring, shoot paratroopers, and then run away again. This isn't too effective by itself, but I can hold down Attack Three (in my case, circle) and run about, focusing on dodging while still getting in some damage. It's slow, but it works.

A wonderful feature of Shroomboom is that he can hit enemies that are above him, and do make note that he can fire a mushroom behind an Inhuman Shield and OHKO it, provided he is at the correct (and finicky) distance..

Hot Head: Oil Baron

The Burninator looked good, but what I needed was a Skylander that could take out enemies with a massive area-of-effect attack, and I am impressed by Oil Baron. I just recently unlocked the "Oil and Fire" upgrade, and it is amazing. Since the PS3 allows use of the shoulder buttons (I think that's what they're called?), I can press left, and then right, and then press X easily afterwards to sweep the area with a stream of flame even after wreaking complete havoc. Mostly, though, I just repeat his Sizzle Shower and the oil, and that takes out enemies wonderfully. The downside is that this eventually kills Hot Head, as he has few ways of dodging attacks while using this and it's best right in the middle of a group of enemies.

These are a few observations for Skylanders whose paths I have not yet finished:

Stealth Elf: Pook Blade Saint

This path has received significant praise; allow me to add to it. SE's final Pook Blade Saint upgrade makes her acrobatic move amazing. First of all, that move is my choice for dashing through levels, hazards, and puzzles. Second, now that it does damage, it's also my choice for treasure runs, and I wish I could've taped what it did in the very first part of the final boss battle. Stealth Elf destroys the rolling wooden barrels without having to use her primary attack (even though a giant is still better for this), and she can stay on the move while still dealing damage. As I haven't yet quite mastered how to pull off a combo, I feel quite fondly about this upgrade, and therefore that path.

Drobot: Master Blaster

What I like about the lasers is that he can move while blasting, whereas shooting bladegears makes him stop for a moment.

All of that said, what I need right now is Skylanders with large damage output, Skylanders that can hit enemies above or below them, and Skylanders with good area-of-effect attacks. Considering that, what paths do you all recommend for Flameslinger, Camo, Trigger Happy, Fright Rider, Hex, Bouncer, and Sonic Boom, and why? Also, what Skylanders do you recommend for those features in general?
#1547 Posted: 23:08:26 19/04/2013
Flameslinger:

That's a toughie, Flameslinger isn't amazing on either path, but I prefer the Pyromancer path, the thing that makes this path good is the Supernova, it hits 2-3 Times, and at 50 Damage it ain't bad at all.
On the other hand, Marksman feels like a Fire version of Harpooner Gill Grunt(Which is meh).

Camo:

Another tough one, but I'm gonna go with Vine Virtuoso, the double vines are really powerful and useful, though it can be hard to aim.
The Melon Master path isn't too bad either, especially if you like getting up close and dealing powerful attacks with the Melons.
The bad thing with Camo though, is that if you choose VV, Melons become useless, and if you choose MM, the vines are useless.(Or almost, since the melons will be simply superior.)

Trigger Happy:

Unless you're a 5 Year Old kid, you'll know that Golden Money Bags is the way to go.
It boosts your damage, increases your attack range, and gives you more attacking options.
Golden Frenzy Gives you a useless charge attack(It takes MUCH too long to charge, and you can barely move when it is charged up)
Bouncing coins?Really?
And a Damage boost, not a needed one though.
No matter what path you choose TH will still be HP Lacking and die fast.

Fright Rider:

Joust Jockey by far, the speed, the power, the awesomeness, everything is just so much better.Fright Rider is one of the best Hit-and-Run characters around in this path.
Sir Lance-A-Lot Isn't bad by any means, it's quite good infact.However, the damage is still outclassed by other melee characters, and the range isn't too good.This path isn't bad, the JJ is simply superior.

Hex:

Bone Crafter.I won't specify, it's just better.

Bouncer:

I-Beam Supreme makes Bouncer a Double Trouble-like Skylander, weaker, but more fun without a doubt.You can lock on the lasors on the enemy and bam, spam the little lasor-shooting thingie, and pew pew!The fingerguns also become stronger, and get an increased shooting rate, how awesome is that?!smilie
Robot Rocketeer is a lot of fun too, you feel like a pilot inside Bouncer shooting rockets everywhere.
However, if something(or someone)gets close to you, you become quite vulnerable, and the damage of the rockets(15)Isn't enough to keep the enemy away, and you go bye bye.

Sonic Boom:

M-e-d-e-a G-r-i-f-f-i-n
Spell that, that's the path of POWER!Shoot ALL the babies at once, make them fully grown as soon as they come out, and a 4th Baby!
YAYYYYYY Power!
Sirren Griffin is great too, but it lacks a damage boost for the Roar attack.

(In case you didn't notice, the first path stated for each character is the path preferable path)

Hope I helped!smilie
#1548 Posted: 01:49:29 20/04/2013
I seem to be the only one who think Sirren Griffin is the best path for smilie!
Seriously, it wouldn't be great but for the echolocation upgrade. With that, Sonic (Boom) becomes a master at crowd control. What does this upgrade do? It make it, whenever your scream touches an enemy, it refracts in all directions, where it spreads out again in all directions every time it touches an enemy! And with her hatchlings screaming on their own, the screen is spammed with 'booms!
---
#1549 Posted: 16:47:50 22/04/2013
Quote: Doomslicer
I seem to be the only one who think Sirren Griffin is the best path for smilie!
Seriously, it wouldn't be great but for the echolocation upgrade. With that, Sonic (Boom) becomes a master at crowd control. What does this upgrade do? It make it, whenever your scream touches an enemy, it refracts in all directions, where it spreads out again in all directions every time it touches an enemy! And with her hatchlings screaming on their own, the screen is spammed with 'booms!

Spammed with ~10 Damage Booms that is.
Her Medea Griffin Counter Part is simply superior, IMO, it's not because of the Babies, but because of the fact that you Shoot 4 40 Damage Eggs AT ONCE.While they're in the air, you can use the Roar(That Does as much damage if you choose the other path)
Sirren Griffen pretty much adds AoE to Sonic Boom..Not something that she really needs.
First | Previous | Page 31 of 34 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me