Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 33 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Show off your CUSTOM FIGURES [STICKY]
SkyScratch Blue Sparx Gems: 550
#1601 Posted: 05:36:56 21/12/2014
If you are looking for cheap figures try gamestop, they have some used there, also any local pawn shops you may have.

They will still work in game 100% so no worries there. I would recommend practicing on some cheap toys until you get a feel for it before moving on to a skylander. I use my customs to help differentiate my paths, I have a lot of doubles... especially of the dragons... something like 10+ cynders and stuff. I have a problem, lol.

I can get a pic up of drobot and blades progress in a bit if you'd like to see
Fossildude747 Red Sparx Gems: 60
#1602 Posted: 05:42:36 21/12/2014
Quote: SkyScratch
If you are looking for cheap figures try gamestop, they have some used there, also any local pawn shops you may have.

They will still work in game 100% so no worries there. I would recommend practicing on some cheap toys until you get a feel for it before moving on to a skylander. I use my customs to help differentiate my paths, I have a lot of doubles... especially of the dragons... something like 10+ cynders and stuff. I have a problem, lol.

I can get a pic up of drobot and blades progress in a bit if you'd like to see

I would like to see, also saw your flashwing and chopper they look nice.

Any cheap toys you suggest? I don't think I'll be doing any of this custom stuff, even on cheap toys, til at least January, just because i wanna gather a good amount of info. I might actually be able to find some toys i either have 2 of or don't care about that i could practice on, still wondering if you suggest anything.

I would have gone to gamestop for used ones most likely anyways. How much do used skylanders usually cost? If they cost over 5 bucks i might wanna get my trap team collection to a decent size before getting any extras for customs.
---
Hey there! Feel free to pm me if you wanna chat!

Keep in mind I have never played any of the original spyro games and probably never will.
#1603 Posted: 06:10:28 21/12/2014
Heres a front and back of blades, I just started applying the gold so the color is a bit off at the moment

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

In terms of prices for cheap skylanders, S2 cynder and flashwings are under $3 at gamestop, the prices range by rarity/demand
#1604 Posted: 06:28:06 21/12/2014
I need to get some S2, also been wanting flashwing. This could add to my collection too with those, gonna go there ASAP in January most likely.

Nice work, but may i make a suggestion for the photo taking? Is that a window or something? Just saying it's glare might make a photo look blurry, not in this but just saying.

Really nice on blades, do you think of names for your customs?

Also any progress on drobot?
---

Keep in mind I have never played any of the original spyro games and probably never will.
#1605 Posted: 06:39:13 21/12/2014
That is a window but the glare is from how shiny the silver paint is, the lighting in my room is god awful... I live in a basement lol. It was also taken with a phone camera.

I usually name them yes. Most were named before painting them, my Cynder is Shadow, Flashwing is Twilight, S1 Drobot is Zapii, Lightcore drobot unnamed, Blades unnamed, Chopper unnamed, Whirlwind is Jupiter (she had a glue spot on her butt that my friend and I joked was a storm spot) and the Funny Bone I received as a gift from a friend, his name is Grave Digger

I set drobot aside for now, blades has a lot of small detail that is taking most of my time
#1606 Posted: 06:44:00 21/12/2014
That is a window but the glare is from how shiny the silver paint is, the lighting in my room is god awful... I live in a basement lol. It was also taken with a phone camera.

I usually name them yes. Most were named before painting them, my Cynder is Shadow, Flashwing is Twilight, S1 Drobot is Zapii, Lightcore drobot unnamed, Blades unnamed, Chopper unnamed, Whirlwind is Jupiter (she had a glue spot on her butt that my friend and I joked was a storm spot) and the Funny Bone I received as a gift from a friend, his name is Grave Digger

I set drobot aside for now, blades has a lot of small detail that is taking most of my time

Ok, best of luck. It's 1:40 a.m here, so I'm getting off.
---

#1607 Posted: 06:46:38 21/12/2014
I'm an hour behind you, but staying up, I'll have him finished by tomorrow for sure, so be sure to check back
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#1608 Posted: 05:33:08 22/12/2014
I have a lot of doubles... especially of the dragons... something like 10+ cynders and stuff. I have a problem, lol.

10+ Cynders.. smilie ....no you don't have a problem...you need help...lol..just kidding. smilie Your Blades is looking good.

Yeah no one is going to do a custom repaint of Ghost Roaster because he is very rare...why Activision didn't make more no one will ever know...even now im still seeing the Pirate Seas and Dragon's Peak adventure packs even seeing the Empire of Ice pop up from time to time.
All we can hope is they bring him back for the 5th game....HELLO Activision!?!?! ...how about a S2 Ghost Roaster? ...S2 Boomer would be nice to. smilie

Anyways Fossildude747 its not that hard you just have to have patience, don't try to get it all done so fast...if it takes you a week to paint one figure..so...it takes you a week. Theres no rush. You would have to go back many pages to see all of mine...it would be just faster to go the my Photobucket page and look at them there.....unless you like reading through all those pages...lol. Anyways like SkyScratch said just go to a hobby store and build up your supply of paints...and by the way like i have told other members get Acrylic Paint ONLY!...enamel paints have a tendency to not dry fully on this type of PVC plastic. Also you will need some good brushes...and not those white handled Testors ones. The "0" brushes, the ones i use the most are my 5/0 an 10/0. for the larger areas i use the 0 an 1 brushes. Don't try to cover in the first coat...painting in layers is better, also creates a smoother finish. And there is some Acrylics that won't cover in just one coat. Also don't keep working with the paint...acrylics drys fast and the more you brush at it the bigger chance you will pull off the paint you just put on.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:36:02 22/12/2014 by Phoenix_Lord
#1609 Posted: 09:09:07 22/12/2014
Heres Blades done.
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:27:20 22/12/2014 by SkyScratch
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#1610 Posted: 18:16:10 22/12/2014
That blades is amazing! smilie I really appriciate the work you put in! It looks fantastic smilie
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#1611 Posted: 20:44:21 22/12/2014
Hm, guys, since I've yet to have time to go after the right tone of golden paint to fix some of my toys, I've been also considering looking for material to make a figure from the ground up - a Villain figure to be put over a trap more exactly. I've seen a few 100% custom figures every now and then but they're from very specific brands(and I'm definately not in the same country for them) - so if anyone ever tried this out, what would be better? Plaster(have plenty avaliable, not much experience)? Clay(no acess to a way to fire it until February)? Polymer Clay(much more experience, but no idea how effective paint is on it)? I've already got some small cheap amethyst crystals from a broken souvenir that we had at home for a fake but improved Earth stand, but I really can't decide on a material for the rest of it.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#1612 Posted: 22:08:06 22/12/2014
I use normal clay, and then acrylic paint (craftsmart to be precise). I actually put them on a trap (after cutting the top part off) and if anything falls off, I use PC11 (I know, not a craft thing, but it works). Hope this helps.
---
Dead
#1613 Posted: 22:30:23 22/12/2014
Hard to tell if it lasts without firing it,though.At art school some people leave the clay unfired and they stayed perfect for the entire semester, some others started cracking as soon as they were opened after a week or two.
---
#1614 Posted: 23:57:21 22/12/2014
Well, I use the air drying clay, and as long as you don't have many cracks in it, you should be good (but if you use clay that is somewhat brittle, It won't hold up for more that a few days in my experience)
---
Dead
#1615 Posted: 03:46:36 23/12/2014
The clay in your class Bifrost is different from the Air Dry Clay and Oven Bake Clay(Sculpey.com)...also the Air Dry Clay can be put in your over to make it a bit harder(Oven Bake Clay dosen't require it to be heated to 3500 degress).....but its still fragile. So if your worried about the clay figure falling apart or braking you can use this after you sculpt the figure the way you want it to look...its called Alumilite.
I got this one from my local Hobby Store...it cost me about $70.00 bucks...and the good thing with this is if the figure brakes you can just glue it back together or make a new one with the mold you made of your clay figure. smilie I have used this product its good stuff. Am sure you can find it on amazon if you can't find it in your area....or you can get it from there websitehttp://www.alumilite.com/store...asting-Kit.aspx...if they ship over seas...not sure if they do.
[User Posted Image]
I also thought about doing something like this...but i can't aford it right now...im a bit broke....oh well. smilie ...C'est La Vie.
---
CTFdad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1439
#1616 Posted: 06:44:41 23/12/2014
@SkyScratch. Your custom Blades looks awesome.
---
"Shut up and take my money already!"
#1617 Posted: 13:18:21 23/12/2014
Quote: CTFdad
@SkyScratch. Your custom Blades looks awesome.

Thanks! I worked really hard on that little guy, wish I had a better camera though.
#1618 Posted: 16:02:22 23/12/2014
Quote: Phoenix_Lord

The one from our class is good old clay used for pottery, but it's out of comission since it needs to be fired and the one I have is pretty poor compared to the one they've got in sculpting class.
I'll give a look into the polymer clay though, since according to the internet that's what gets baked in the oven - the air drying one is cold porcelain and I just had to throw some of that out because it loves to dry inside the package when there's only a little left. Sculpey is quite expensive here but I could always spare some for sculpting classes, and unfortunately Alumilite is nowhere to be seen here.
But I'll spare the details until I actually start working on the Golden Queen custom toy. Gotta wait for next year for the nicest stores to open again here, and actually catch her in a trap too since I'm slowly playing the game when I have time.
---
#1619 Posted: 03:41:59 24/12/2014
Quote: Bifrost

The one from our class is good old clay used for pottery, but it's out of comission since it needs to be fired and the one I have is pretty poor compared to the one they've got in sculpting class.
I'll give a look into the polymer clay though, since according to the internet that's what gets baked in the oven - the air drying one is cold porcelain and I just had to throw some of that out because it loves to dry inside the package when there's only a little left. Sculpey is quite expensive here but I could always spare some for sculpting classes, and unfortunately Alumilite is nowhere to be seen here.
But I'll spare the details until I actually start working on the Golden Queen custom toy. Gotta wait for next year for the nicest stores to open again here, and actually catch her in a trap too since I'm slowly playing the game when I have time.

Yes its the polymer that makes it able to fire in low heat. Wait for stores to open again?....why did they close?...is it that cold there...lol. Also if you need any help getting some Alumilite just let me know...glad to help. smilie
You need to get glass sealable containers....its what i use to hold my clay. There the ones used for flour, suger, rice...ect... in your kitchen.
Ahhh ....these smilie *points down*
[User Posted Image]
Well i had to work on my Small Fry....in the words of Flynn.. "its creeping me out, flap chicken flap!"
[User Posted Image]
That right eye crammed up into his helmet was getting on my nerves....sorry its the artist in me...stickler for proper anatomy and physiology.
While i was at it ..i painted the things that whern't painted like they are in the game....his toe nails, teeth an eyes are white...(till he gets mad...lol...but yal knew that)and the bronze parts on his goggles and around his horn, and added a little trandparent red to the tip of his horn. And made his tongue red. smilie
---
CTFdad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1439
#1620 Posted: 06:43:19 25/12/2014
Merry Christmas Portal Masters
[User Posted Image]

Santa has the rest of our traps.
---
"Shut up and take my money already!"
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1621 Posted: 04:20:39 28/12/2014
http://m.imgur.com/k475pnP
What should I use to fix this? I only can use sharpies
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:21:08 28/12/2014 by Sleepy0429
legoswimmer1211 Green Sparx Gems: 145
#1622 Posted: 05:21:06 28/12/2014
On the topic of custon traps, I always thought it would be cool if someone painted a scepter trap to look like Aghanims Scepter from DotA 2. Such a shame there aren't any water scepters, or it'd be pretty easy.
---
If someone ever made Skylanders into a MOBA, I'd be ok with that.
#1623 Posted: 17:38:22 28/12/2014
Quote: Sleepy0429

Since all you have is Sharpies to work with get an Ultra Fine Sharpie...and just fix the his eye pupil. Don't try to do the red ring around it(iris)...its to fine even for a Ultra Fine Red Sharpie. Also when doing it just dot with the Sharpie...don't rub...or try to do little circles.
You will have more control with dotting. smilie

Quote: legoswimmer1211
On the topic of custon traps, I always thought it would be cool if someone painted a scepter trap to look like Aghanims Scepter from DotA 2. Such a shame there aren't any water scepters, or it'd be pretty easy.

His Sceptor dosen't look anything like the Skylanders Sceptor Traps...
[User Posted Image][User Posted Image]

But since there is a rather large amount of the Water Tiki Traps...
[User Posted Image]
One of those could be modified.....Pull the Tiki off an mold a Aghanim's Scepter...then paint the Gold an Brown parts. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:53:52 28/12/2014 by Phoenix_Lord
#1624 Posted: 17:42:07 28/12/2014
can I just coat over the red? I just want it to look good.
---
#1625 Posted: 17:58:47 28/12/2014
Once you do the black you won't notice the red as much....But you could try with the Ultra Fine Red before you use the Ultra Fine Black...just be careful...and make sure the red dry completely before try'in to do the Black...or it will bleed....and get real messy...lol

And you want it to look right...it won't look right without the red iris.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:00:10 28/12/2014 by Phoenix_Lord
#1626 Posted: 18:43:49 28/12/2014
Quote: Sleepy0429

Since all you have is Sharpies to work with get an Ultra Fine Sharpie...and just fix the his eye pupil. Don't try to do the red ring around it(iris)...its to fine even for a Ultra Fine Red Sharpie. Also when doing it just dot with the Sharpie...don't rub...or try to do little circles.
You will have more control with dotting. smilie

Quote: legoswimmer1211

His Sceptor dosen't look anything like the Skylanders Sceptor Traps...
[User Posted Image][User Posted Image]

But since there is a rather large amount of the Water Tiki Traps...
[User Posted Image]
One of those could be modified.....Pull the Tiki off an mold a Aghanim's Scepter...then paint the Gold an Brown parts. smilie

Yeah, your right. There aren't many similarities, are there. :-/ It'd take some work to pull it off, but dang it could be cool. I'd be afraid to totally mutiliate the trap if I did it myself.
---
#1627 Posted: 20:54:28 28/12/2014
Once you do the black you won't notice the red as much....But you could try with the Ultra Fine Red before you use the Ultra Fine Black...just be careful...and make sure the red dry completely before try'in to do the Black...or it will bleed....and get real messy...lol

And you want it to look right...it won't look right without the red iris.

In all honesty I mind the red more so when I start and finish it later I will post!
---
#1628 Posted: 05:30:34 29/12/2014
Sorry for double post but it's done!
http://m.imgur.com/OD1PWJV
Now does anybody know any good silver perm markers?
---
#1629 Posted: 06:34:01 29/12/2014
Looking good...they do make matallic markers....just go to wally-World. smilie
---
#1630 Posted: 16:11:16 29/12/2014
I might go to target today.
no matter how much I hate it.
---
#1631 Posted: 04:01:15 08/01/2015
Well i finaly finished my Repaint of High Five....here he is...Also touched up the factory High Five..painted his claws white and pearlized yellow his eyes.(been tryin to get a good pic of his eyes...but its kinda hard to see the pearlized yellow in photos....oh well.
Named him ....Emerald High Five smilie
[User Posted Image]
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1632 Posted: 17:32:27 08/01/2015
I need ideas on how to paint snap shot, food fight, and terrabite.
Txholdem1224 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1793
#1633 Posted: 21:34:13 08/01/2015
@Phoenix_Lord -- VERY COOL custom of High Five! Excellent job!
#1634 Posted: 04:14:10 09/01/2015
Here's my Snap Shot repaint...

[User Posted Image]
#1635 Posted: 05:00:37 09/01/2015
I really like that high five, very well done!
---
#1636 Posted: 05:36:28 09/01/2015
Nice snap shot! I'm making a custom Spyro that's almost done. I'll most likely post pictures tomorrow.
---
Dead
#1637 Posted: 16:34:30 09/01/2015
I'm thinking of some names for him, like Bloodbath Snap Shot or Deadpool Snap Shot
Trazmatazz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1394
#1638 Posted: 21:02:31 09/01/2015
This is my first custom- metallic purple and teal Cynder. I'm also working on Ignitor, Chop Chop, and Terrafin, but they're not turning out so well. :/

http://m.imgur.com/HTiVyOl,LwaeDJc,KF20v2L,Vu5C6N4
---
<3 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie<3
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#1639 Posted: 21:15:39 09/01/2015
Quote: Trazmatazz
This is my first custom- metallic purple and teal Cynder. I'm also working on Ignitor, Chop Chop, and Terrafin, but they're not turning out so well. :/

http://m.imgur.com/HTiVyOl,LwaeDJc,KF20v2L,Vu5C6N4

Your Cynder is very nice! I love it smilie
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
Trazmatazz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1394
#1640 Posted: 21:17:49 09/01/2015
Thanks! smilie
---
<3 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie<3
JayjeA Blue Sparx Gems: 636
#1641 Posted: 02:05:23 10/01/2015
I gotta say the custom figures in this thread are AWESOMELY AMAZING!Wish I had the talent to pull that off!

Complimentary BOOM!
---
I'm a recent convert to Skylandering and I LOVE it! I'm doing a SUPERCHARGERS LP! I also do UnBoxing videos!
Hawksey128 Blue Sparx Gems: 994
#1642 Posted: 10:44:55 10/01/2015
I made a custom Flashwing! I've called her Garnet Flashwing smilie
Pics on the way.
When you see it, remember I am only 14 and never painted before, only in school... and I'm bad at that anyway.
---
I'm going to tell you right now.
BUY smilie
EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH THIS IS A POINTLESS EDITION TO A SIGNATURE I DUNNO
#1643 Posted: 00:04:56 11/01/2015
Thats ok Hawksey...it just takes practice. ...and patience...there is no rush to get everything painted all at once. smilie Several thin layers is always better then one thick one. smilie
---
#1644 Posted: 08:30:57 11/01/2015
I never practised, but I have done 5 over 24 hours, but about 1-2 hours each. Amateur paint jobs but I did good.
I love my S2 Double Trouble one. I will upload as quick as I can!
Here: [User Posted Image]
---
BUY smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:49:35 11/01/2015 by Hawksey128
#1645 Posted: 12:43:41 11/01/2015
Double Trouble looks pretty nice!Just watch out for the brushstrokes and try using the smallest brush you can find(and even toothpicks if the detail is small enough), there are quite a few splatters or spots with missing paint, nothing that can't get solved with another coat of paint.
---
#1646 Posted: 22:09:14 11/01/2015
Thanks, and I am limited with paintbrushes at the moment, don't know where to find toothpicks, but I have fixed up the parts without paint smilie Thanks!
---
BUY smilie
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#1647 Posted: 06:20:41 13/01/2015
Quote: Hawksey128
Thanks, and I am limited with paintbrushes at the moment, don't know where to find toothpicks, but I have fixed up the parts without paint smilie Thanks!

Toothpicks can be found on the aisle of paper plates and napkins. Right in between the straws and paper plates at most Wal-marts. (Top self) Also you can find paint brushes at any craft store or in the craft section at Wal-mart. Also I like you custom!
#1648 Posted: 22:53:52 15/01/2015
Quote: DragonDog
Quote: Hawksey128

Toothpicks can be found on the aisle of paper plates and napkins. Right in between the straws and paper plates at most Wal-marts. (Top self) Also you can find paint brushes at any craft store or in the craft section at Wal-mart. Also I like you custom!

Thanks! And I finally used the toothpick idea to paint a Twin Blade Chop Chop. I tried to make Ace Archdragon's Ginger Chop Chop a reality. It isn't exactly right but its close smilie
---
BUY smilie
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#1649 Posted: 01:37:02 27/01/2015
super gulp punch pop fizz is almost done!!!pictures coming soon.....
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
spitfirefox Green Sparx Gems: 326
#1650 Posted: 16:19:21 27/01/2015
Hey custom figure makers, I love my Thorn Horn Camo but his figure paint job is such poor quality compared to original Camo. I was wondering if it's possible to remove the base/figure so SA Camo is the figure for my Thorn Horn Camo base. Mostly I just want to keep the exploding pumpkins wow pow - it's awesome!
First | Previous | Page 33 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me