Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 34 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Show off your CUSTOM FIGURES [STICKY]
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#1651 Posted: 16:24:46 27/01/2015
You could just repaint him smilie
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#1652 Posted: 00:55:58 28/01/2015
Quote: spitfirefox
Hey custom figure makers, I love my Thorn Horn Camo but his figure paint job is such poor quality compared to original Camo. I was wondering if it's possible to remove the base/figure so SA Camo is the figure for my Thorn Horn Camo base. Mostly I just want to keep the exploding pumpkins wow pow - it's awesome!

Like OnionCakes suggested...just touch up to paint job so it looks as good as he dose in the game....i did the same thing to my Thorn Horn Camo. smilie
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#1653 Posted: 00:59:08 28/01/2015
To be honest, I prefer S1 Camo's pose as well, not just the paintjob. The S2 version just seems too vicious for him and is less dynamic.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:59:27 28/01/2015 by Arc of Archives
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#1654 Posted: 01:09:23 28/01/2015
super glup punch pop fizz is ready pictures following in a little bit
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#1655 Posted: 01:54:43 28/01/2015
I like the S1 Camo pose better also...but i like the Horns on the S2 pose. smilie
---
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#1656 Posted: 03:26:25 29/01/2015
Quote: spitfirefox
Hey custom figure makers, I love my Thorn Horn Camo but his figure paint job is such poor quality compared to original Camo. I was wondering if it's possible to remove the base/figure so SA Camo is the figure for my Thorn Horn Camo base. Mostly I just want to keep the exploding pumpkins wow pow - it's awesome!

it is possible to separate the coloured disk from the bottom of the figure's base, the ones i have done it to of mine have separated without any damage.
once you've done that its a simple task of taking out the S1 chip and putting the chip that is in the S2 figure in. you might have to usie a tiny spot of super glue to seal it again if the coloured disk becomes loose and won't stay attached.
the chips aren't attached to anything, they are just a paper thin round piece of plastic.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#1657 Posted: 11:11:36 29/01/2015
Messing with the chip might be too dangerous - I think it's less risky if you leave both Camos under hair dryers for some time, remove both from their bases, fix what needs to be fixed in the bases and then swap them out. That way you could even later customize the "S1" Camo to demonstrate the Wow Pow or something.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#1658 Posted: 19:26:49 30/01/2015
I agree...messing with the chips is not a good idea if you don't know what your doing...also all my figure's base's are glued on very well...i had a Hot Head that died(already got a new one to replace him) and was curious and wanted to see the chip...had to literally brake the bottom off to get to the RFID Chip.

Anyways finished my repaint of Gear Shift...here she is.. smilie
Named her ...Tangerine Tech Gear Shift. Like that Pearlized Tangerine paint....looks cool. smilie Her eyes are Pearlized Blue...and that gold is Titamium Gold.
[User Posted Image]

What do you guys think?...i was thinking of painting the buckles on her forearms an thighs an the gears on her shoulders silver like the one on here head...or should i just leave her like she is?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:28:40 30/01/2015 by Phoenix_Lord
#1659 Posted: 21:15:16 30/01/2015
I would go for painting them silver.

You did a fantastic job!
---
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#1660 Posted: 19:40:33 31/01/2015
I would leave it, looks like Steampunk Gearshift.
---
Dead
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2276
#1661 Posted: 03:02:44 01/02/2015
[User Posted Image]

My custom Trap Shadow! I call him Predator Trap Shadow!
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#1662 Posted: 13:53:19 01/02/2015
Quote: DarkPredator
[User Posted Image]

This is easily one of my favorites! Great job!
---
now its time to get funky
#1663 Posted: 15:41:06 01/02/2015
Quote: xXBeavcoonXx
Quote: DarkPredator
[User Posted Image]

This is easily one of my favorites! Great job!

Thank you so much! This was my first custom and I was surprised he turned out so well.
---
#1664 Posted: 18:21:35 01/02/2015
Really good painting skills,Darkpredator. Really feels like it's an actual variant with a coat that covers this much but doesn't feel too thick compared to the original colors.
---
#1665 Posted: 19:06:34 01/02/2015
Thank you so much smilie
---
#1666 Posted: 23:53:41 07/02/2015
So FINALLY found a place nearby that sells polymer clay and doesn't take forever to get shipped. It's FIMO soft(and some Effect to see if I can make the Queen actually look metallic) and probably not the best out there but it'll have to do while I can't really invest on art materials.
While it's not here though, I'd like to ask: Has anyone ever taken apart a Lightcore figure, like remove it from the base or even see the insides of the areas that light up? I know Jinsaotome did it a few years ago but didn't find any answers. Trying to either fix or at least make a Scarlet Ninjini without working lights prettier, but no idea if it's safe to remove her from the base or take other things apart to, say, fix some ugly plastic mistakes on a really finicky spot on her neck.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:55:02 07/02/2015 by Bifrost
#1667 Posted: 05:03:37 08/02/2015
Quote: Bifrost
So FINALLY found a place nearby that sells polymer clay and doesn't take forever to get shipped. It's FIMO soft(and some Effect to see if I can make the Queen actually look metallic) and probably not the best out there but it'll have to do while I can't really invest on art materials.
While it's not here though, I'd like to ask: Has anyone ever taken apart a Lightcore figure, like remove it from the base or even see the insides of the areas that light up? I know Jinsaotome did it a few years ago but didn't find any answers. Trying to either fix or at least make a Scarlet Ninjini without working lights prettier, but no idea if it's safe to remove her from the base or take other things apart to, say, fix some ugly plastic mistakes on a really finicky spot on her neck.

As i have stated in another post My Hot Head died...so i got curious and decided to take it apart to see how it worked... smilie ...and separating the base is a real pain...some have said theres came apart rather easy...all of my figures base's are glued together very well..including Hot Head. As you can see in the pic...it broke 3 of the 4 pins....well 2 an half. I did get a new Hot Head back then and touched up his paint also.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Well to answer you just cut those wires you see coming off the circuit board....but i kinda like the lights on my Scarlet Ninjini...they needed to coat the inside of her face with silver so the light would shine through only her eyes and not her whole face. That is the only thing i would like to fix on them both.(i already touched up there paint smilie )
---
#1668 Posted: 13:38:03 08/02/2015
Yeah, really like her lights as well, but there was no way to get a replacement(from the seller or from Activision), so gotta make the best of what's left. Too bad RFID lights are impossible to find here, if the problem is with them dying out I at least know it's possible to just take her apart and put in new ones.

EDIT: I'll probably toast my fingers trying but managed to at least get her arms and the bottle off so it's easier to pull, not a very clean job compared to Hex's skull for sure. The mist as well seems to be holding very tight no matter how much I heat it(and there aren't any holes to put in a screwdriver or a pen to help) so I'm trying to separate it from the torso first.
EDIT2: This will take a lot of clay and paint to fix. Still no deal on removing from the base but everything else was fine. Really considering just mixing glow-in-the-dark powder with glue and painting the wires instead...
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:21:36 08/02/2015 by Bifrost
#1669 Posted: 20:56:35 08/02/2015
Thats good...well good luck with your reconstruction...lol. smilie
---
dmfp Green Sparx Gems: 246
#1670 Posted: 00:33:31 13/02/2015
So this doesn't exactly count as a custom figure, but it's my only "custom" work with Skylanders so far. Still working on it though..
[User Posted Image]
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
CTFdad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1439
#1671 Posted: 04:31:23 13/02/2015
That is awesome work dmfp. Can't wait to see the finish product.
---
"Shut up and take my money already!"
#1672 Posted: 20:06:49 13/02/2015
Well finished my extra Gill Runt i got when i got the duo-pack from Wal-Mart. Decided to have him match the Giants Gill Grunt i did some time back.
So here he is.... Man Of War Gill Runt. smilie
[User Posted Image]
---
#1673 Posted: 16:35:38 17/02/2015
Dude he's a beauty. I'd love an actual variant like that!
---
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#1674 Posted: 19:26:31 17/02/2015
But that would mean more Gill Grunts!
---
Dead
#1675 Posted: 23:03:45 17/02/2015
No...that would be more Gill Runts. smilie
---
#1676 Posted: 17:51:17 19/02/2015
Finally done with Scarlet Ninjini....
In the solitude of her bottle, Ninjini planned several spells to increase her powers in the time of need, rivaling even the fabled Legendary Armor of the Skylanders. To defeat the greatest threats to Skylands, Gilded Scarlet Ninjini arises!

[User Posted Image]
(with a neat comparison to the normal one)
More pictures:
Side
Back
Other Side

It's hard to tell with the camera pictures but she's actually a lot darker and with gold glitter mixed in with most of her colors. To compensate for the nonworking lights, I also painted her eyes with glue mixed with glow-in-the-dark powder - which looks kinda messy up close but every time I try to fix it the entire thing peels off. By far the hardest custom I've done,and that's when I'm fixing my figures' paintjobs for almost a year. It also cost a tiny razor for modeling that I got to fix the plastic mistakes, for some reason it decided to rust two days after.
Here's also the steps to making it,not including the second coat of paint or when I put it back together. Messing with frozen super glue isn't fun.
EDIT: Ooof not fun at all really, one of her arms just broke off again. Hot glue,a bit of paint and never letting her fall off stuff will have to do.
The hair is also kinda messy because I pulled it off her head to remove the bottle, but it'll have to stay that way for the time being. For now, I'm using my polymer clay for my next project...
[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:26:42 19/02/2015 by Bifrost
PMTgaming150 Gold Sparx Gems: 2238
#1677 Posted: 13:50:38 23/02/2015
I actually have a custom I'm working on, will post when it's done
---
MS paint DIO stares into your soul
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#1678 Posted: 15:41:24 26/02/2015
"My loyal servants of Skylands... I have a demand to make!
Polymer Clay should stop being so expensive. I don't look like I want to part ways with my gold to get some,do I?"

[User Posted Image]
Imgur album glitching for some reason

It's finally done! And it definately doesn't look anything like I wanted it to be, but what I managed to make is done.
All in polymer clay of white,caramel,and metallic gold, and painted over with acryllic paint to reflect her different gold colors in the outfit. The base has a bead that we had around here, the crystals are amethyst(or at least they told us it's amethyst) shards that broke off from a wind chime that fell the other day, and the golden chains are also stuff that we had lying around. The base just wouldn't allow her to stand on her own, though, so I had to cover her feet in hot glue and paint it gold so that the piece didn't get ruined. At least it looks like molten gold which is nice.

Now that vacations are over, not sure if I'll have time to make anything next. For now I'll focus on my drawing and schoolwork,maybe I'll make a smaller villain figure once I have more free time.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:42:15 26/02/2015 by Bifrost
skylandscustoms Green Sparx Gems: 226
#1679 Posted: 13:59:23 02/03/2015
im new to this site, i have over 400 customs, how do i post pics
#1680 Posted: 14:41:28 02/03/2015
Use the Help Files next to the board list for coding help. But don't post all at once, it'll stretch the page hard.
---
dinodig1767 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1245
#1681 Posted: 18:06:02 02/03/2015
@skylandscustoms

You need to create an account on some image uploading website, imgur will work, but I have found that deviant art works too and is easier to use. Then upload a picture using the cite's perimeters and then right click the image copy the image address and then paste this in-between these brackets [User Posted Image]

as said above do not post all at once!

hope this helped!
---
Check my website out! http://skylandersinventoryadventure.weebly.com
It's about skylanders(PM me if interested in the custom section)
Updated 8/24/14
#1682 Posted: 04:08:47 03/03/2015
Over 400?!? ...wow...i mean WOW!!! smilie
Like the others said don't post them all at once....that many it would be good to post here pic's of them in groups and have a link to the single pictures that those who want to see them they can just look at them there....and deviant is good to use...most here know i use photobucket. Either one is good to use.
---
skylandscustoms Green Sparx Gems: 226
#1683 Posted: 05:22:14 05/03/2015
I tried posting maybe im not understanding it. I just did my first two amiibo customs today
#1684 Posted: 11:32:41 05/03/2015
Upload it to a place like imgur,photobucket,deviantART,whatever, copy the picture's URL,and put it in between the [ img ] [/ img ] (no spaces) tags. For a shortcut, the little picture of a tree above the text box automatically puts the image brackets for you to write the URL between them.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1685 Posted: 23:19:49 08/03/2015
i have a cool idea... buy cheap SSAlanders, and card sleeves.

remove the rfid from the fig.

put it in between the back of the card and the sleeve.

glue the top of the sleeve shut.

and what do you get? a card that acts like a figure!

i have one made for lava barf eruptor.
#1686 Posted: 18:53:29 05/04/2015
Why would i want to give up my figure for a card? ..... smilie

Anyways here is my Trail Blazer finaly painted like it should have been painted. ....but thats just me. smilie
[User Posted Image]
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#1687 Posted: 06:32:35 08/04/2015
Quote: Phoenix_Lord
Why would i want to give up my figure for a card? ..... smilie

Anyways here is my Trail Blazer finaly painted like it should have been painted. ....but thats just me. smilie
[User Posted Image]

Really good looking!

It might actually be the only custom I'll ever do, since... Aaaah, the difference is unbearable! X/
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Hawksey128 Blue Sparx Gems: 994
#1688 Posted: 22:59:59 08/04/2015
I've got about 20 customs. I haven't bothered to post them, but last time I tried, only one image worked which was my Double Trouble.

I did my own Snowderdash too! She came out much better than planned!
Over the past 3 days I've done:

S2 Slam Bam
Swarm
S2 Camo
Smolderdash (core)

I'm making a Terrafin shortly. I'm gonna try make him Legendary smilie
---
I'm going to tell you right now.
BUY smilie
EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH THIS IS A POINTLESS EDITION TO A SIGNATURE I DUNNO
#1689 Posted: 04:09:57 15/04/2015
Lets see some of them Hawksey. smilie

Well had to fix Bat Spin...her paint job was absolutely horrible. smilie
[User Posted Image]

And her eyes are YELLOW! ...why did they paint them orange? smilie
---
trail blazer Green Sparx Gems: 167
#1690 Posted: 16:32:33 01/05/2015
Here is my first try at a custom! I put what the original looked like next to it, You be the judge!
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
#1691 Posted: 16:58:09 01/05/2015
Really nice effect and shading,but it doesn't look like it'd stand up or would be stored too easily - but if it's your favorite character it'll probably have its own place in the shelf so depends on the person.
---
#1692 Posted: 23:48:01 02/05/2015
Double post but more relevant than the last one. Had some time to spare and was working on a painting for uni work,so decided to finally do the Golden Queen custom trap since I couldn't really fit the figure over it.

[User Posted Image]
Kind of uneven because it came with some scratches and spots on the plastic(but my skills don't help one bit), but it looks good from afar. Matches my custom figure quite nicely~

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:48:33 02/05/2015 by Bifrost
dmfp Green Sparx Gems: 246
#1693 Posted: 02:33:18 04/05/2015
Xerokills, new Gill Grunt looks great! I love the wood barrels and the red scales! Nice job!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#1694 Posted: 13:01:09 04/05/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Double post but more relevant than the last one. Had some time to spare and was working on a painting for uni work,so decided to finally do the Golden Queen custom trap since I couldn't really fit the figure over it.

[User Posted Image]

Oh hey, this gives me an idea for custom traps. I could paint them to designs based off the doom raiders. Heck, I could even do it for every other villain. Yeah I love this idea, going to come up with painting ideas.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
#1695 Posted: 11:24:20 15/05/2015
Well after more than a year, I finally managed to get ahold of a figure and paints to repaint! I wanted to do one ever since last summer, here in Spring 2015, I finally have my chance.

I give you "Neon Boom Jet". This was painted with "Neon" green, orange, and pink. Technically they are fluorescent colored paints. I can tell before I bought it. This repaint is really cool because it glows under a blacklight! Yes, I totally have glow in the dark paint. I also did some photoshopped artwork of the variant.

[User Posted Image]
---
#1696 Posted: 13:49:28 15/05/2015
Cool...nice work smilie
Now how about posting pic's that are big enough for us to see?

And yes i have used Glow in the Dark paints also....my Epic Ultra's have Neon Orange on them.
So you don't have to back track to find them, heres a pic i did of a few of them grouped together awhile back.
[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:57:19 15/05/2015 by Phoenix_Lord
#1697 Posted: 13:53:45 15/05/2015

Did you click the banner on top of the pictures to make them bigger?
---
#1698 Posted: 13:59:18 15/05/2015
Quote: LameLime

Did you click the banner on top of the pictures to make them bigger?

Oh yeah froo-got about that...lol. little blurry...but still looks cool... /thumbs up smilie .....Bomb's Away!!!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:00:45 15/05/2015 by Phoenix_Lord
Reputator Green Sparx Gems: 179
#1699 Posted: 00:21:19 25/05/2015
Custom S3 Jet-Vac done for me by my girlfriend.

[User Posted Image]
Petrichormat Red Sparx Gems: 89
#1700 Posted: 23:19:49 06/06/2015
Trying to upload a pic of my version of Gill Grunt. Only have my iPad to get online with so don't know how to upload using that. Any helpers?
First | Previous | Page 34 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me