Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All-Purpose Mario Topic!
First | Previous | Page 17 of 18 | Last
1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
The All-Purpose Mario Topic! [CLOSED]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#801 Posted: 17:36:47 05/01/2015
Quote: TrapShadowFan
Quote: Felines
Woah, now that you speak of Galaxy, I wonder if many people still expect a third one...

At this rate, it doesn't look like they're going back to that style for a Mario game... but someday. someday SOMEDAY I WILL GET MY HD REMAKE/SEQUEL.

Miyamoto outright said that Super Mario Galaxy 3 is "still a possibility". So people very much are expecting it.

http://gamerant.com/super-mari...igeru-miyamoto/

He also recently said mainstream Mario is taking a break on Wii U for now though, so we may not see another Galaxy until Nintendo's next console comes around, or at least not for another while. Bill Trinen also confirmed that no mainstream Mario game will be released in 2015.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#802 Posted: 17:49:48 05/01/2015
It's good if they decide to give the Mario games a rest. There are quite a lot of them. They should concentrate on other series, or at least give room to others like they did with Captain Toad smilie
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#803 Posted: 18:21:28 05/01/2015
Good, I think we've had enough Mario for awhile. (Unless they're considering a Paper Mario for Wii U, hint hint wink wink nudge nudge.)
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#804 Posted: 18:27:00 05/01/2015
The second Paper Mario game is one of my favorite videogames, but I don't want them to overdo it. Stickers Stars didn't seem that good, so I never bought it. In fact, like you said, let them take a rest of Mario. He has had enough spotlight. They should concentrate more on getting certain games out of the shadow, like they did with Kid Icarus. Nintendo should really work on variety. There have been certain games that are either remakes or sequels to games I believe didn't need it.
---
#805 Posted: 19:23:49 05/01/2015
Keep in mind that "mainstream Mario" literally only means the 3D platformers, and I think the NSMB series too.

Mario Maker and Mario Party 10 are still scheduled for release in 2015, as is another DLC pack for Mario Kart 8. There will be no shortage of Mario content.

Though it's not like there was a surplus of 3D Mario platformers being developed, so I don't see why people think this is a big deal. There is no way Nintendo EAD would have their next big Mario title ready for 2015, especially if they plan to make Galaxy 3 the next one. They always give a fair bit of time to develop each game.

Personally, all I really want from the Mario franchise at this point is a Rosalina spin-off game (or series, if it did well enough), and a Mario Maker type thing based on 3D World, and Galaxy 3/HD remakes of 1 & 2 (bundled onto one disc). And if they wanted to, they could do "Galaxy 3" and "Rosalina game" in one-go anyway (I probably would have liked Galaxy 1 even more if she was the playable character of it anyway, and she could easily carry on the sub series without Mario).
---
#806 Posted: 20:07:10 05/01/2015
Man, Rosalina became such a popular character in such a short time. That gives Ninteno the potential to make other characters get the spotlight, even if it's just one game or simply considered a spin-off series. If it's part of the main story, then better. Just look at Captain Toad! Who would have thought someone like him would have his own game smilie
---
#807 Posted: 20:14:19 05/01/2015
Quote:
Just look at Captain Toad! Who would have thought someone like him would have his own game

After 3D World, I totally expected it. The concept of his levels in 3D World was begging to be turned into a full game, and a lot of people wanted it to happen. The character himself is not the reason the game was made, it was the gameplay style.

With Rosalina, I think she is the most developed Mario character, at least within the main series. That, and people really like her, and there is a lot you can do with the concept of a immortal cosmic deity. She more than has the ability to carry her own series. If Yoshi and Wario could spin off into their own series, I see no reason why Rosalina can't.
---
#808 Posted: 21:30:15 05/01/2015
Well, maybe the gameplay was expected, but the character wasn't. That's what I meant. And with Rosalina, she was even included in the latest Super Smash Bros game. I think that is just a small step into spotlight. Yoshi went into a similar road after all, so expect her to have her own game in a not so distant future smilie
---
#809 Posted: 23:03:14 05/01/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Though it's not like there was a surplus of 3D Mario platformers being developed, so I don't see why people think this is a big deal.

I think there were a lot. From New Super Mario Bros. Wii until 3D World, we were getting 1 or 2 main platformers a year from EAD (not counting ports). There was never a stretch with that kind of output in the franchise's previous 25 years. Especially not with the N64 and GCN. <.<
---
#810 Posted: 23:56:39 05/01/2015
Quote: HIR
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Though it's not like there was a surplus of 3D Mario platformers being developed, so I don't see why people think this is a big deal.

I think there were a lot. From New Super Mario Bros. Wii until 3D World, we were getting 1 or 2 main platformers a year from EAD (not counting ports). There was never a stretch with that kind of output in the franchise's previous 25 years. Especially not with the N64 and GCN. <.<

If you include the 2D platformers, yes, but I mean there wasn't a surplus of 3D ones. With the exception of Galaxy 2 (which they were completely justified in doing, and it was meant to be a much smaller project than it eventually ended up being anyway), they really have not broke the norm. It's been one per generation (I know 3D Land was technically another game this generation, but it is also justified in that it's the first 3D Mario for a handheld).

I consider NSMB to be it's own distinguished series, like Mario Kart and Mario Party. And while I think that has had more games than needed (DS and U are the only ones that matter to me and make sense to exist), they have their own flavour that I do not think the 3D games are a substitute for them. I feel they stand on their own and have their own audience. Some people vastly prefer 2D Mario, and vice versa (I myself vastly prefer 3D Mario, but Super Mario World and NSMBU are games I actually enjoy more than 3D Land or even Sunshine).
---
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#811 Posted: 08:32:22 18/01/2015
I doubt a remake for the Galaxy games will be made due to both Mario Galaxy 2 being released on Eshop soon and that 3D Mario is taking a break.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#812 Posted: 13:24:22 18/01/2015
Quote: LunarDistortion
I doubt a remake for the Galaxy games will be made due to both Mario Galaxy 2 being released on Eshop soon and that 3D Mario is taking a break.

Is the re-release in HD?
---
My life is complete.
#813 Posted: 13:38:19 18/01/2015
Quote: MagicFizz

Is the re-release in HD?

No, it's just Wii Virtual Console. Punch Out!! and Metroid Prime Trilogy are coming with it.
#814 Posted: 13:38:59 18/01/2015
Quote: MagicFizz

Is the re-release in HD?

No, it's just Wii Virtual Console. Punch Out!! and Metroid Prime Trilogy are coming with it.

Booooo 3:<
---
My life is complete.
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#815 Posted: 22:43:47 21/03/2015
how is mario party 10 got the amiibo for the game just want to know if its worth the purchase
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#816 Posted: 16:10:07 22/03/2015
Most people say it isn't worth it, but that's not stopping me from at least getting the other Bowser Amiibo for it.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#817 Posted: 16:21:04 02/08/2015
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/...for-difficulty/
---
You can't handle MEMES
#818 Posted: 19:35:28 02/08/2015
ok then

LETS DISCUSS THE AMAZING AWESOMENESS THAT IS PAPER JAM
---
My life is complete.
#819 Posted: 00:38:25 03/08/2015
Seems pretty awesome imo, though I'm hoping that a new villain will come from it.
---
#820 Posted: 01:10:19 03/08/2015
Hey, has anyone got any news about the Paper Mario: Mario & Luigi's crossover? It seems like a good idea, yet I'm a bit worried on how the gameplay and story will come up with.
---
#821 Posted: 01:52:28 03/08/2015
Paper Jam was for me the best part of a very lackluster Digital Event and really the only game there that got me hyped. (No, the first few seconds of the AC: Amiibo Festival trailer don't count.)

I just hope it's equal parts Paper Mario and M&L, though from what we've seen, it mostly looks like a M&L title. At the very least the dialogue will be great. The use of Petey Piranha is also a plus for me.
#822 Posted: 02:09:58 03/08/2015
I just want to see Rosalina in the RPGs, be they M&L or Paper Mario.

May seem like a random thing to bring up, but of all the spin offs they could put her in, she would fit into the RPGs the most, she's such a no-brainer for that sort of thing. People like her because of the lore surrounding her and how she's very much a character that is associated with storytelling elements in video games. So I feel working her into the story of one of the Mario RPGs would make a lot of sense. If they actually brought a party system like in Super Mario RPG, featuring characters like Peach and Bowser, that would also be a great opportunity for Rosalina, since they can do anything with her in terms of powers. She'd probably be equivalent to a Black Mage from FF, with a bit of summoning thrown in, with Peach being more like a White Mage like in Super Mario RPG.
---
#823 Posted: 02:28:43 03/08/2015
^That'd be a cool idea. She could fit into a lot of roles easily. I could see her and her Luma's fitting the roles of Merlow or Professor Frankly in the Paper Mario games really well.

Personally, I'd love to see Waluigi in the RPG's as either a boss, a fun little side character, or something like this mockup.
#824 Posted: 02:41:54 03/08/2015
Yeah, the RPGs would probably be a great place to actually flesh out the one note characters like Waluigi and Daisy. For Daisy, I think it would be really cool if she had a whip vine with daisies sprinkled all over it, called the "Daisy Chain", and that'd be her signature weapon for battles.

Also Captain Toad and Toadette need to show up too, though I pretty much just want more games with them in general.
---
#825 Posted: 11:35:51 03/08/2015
I pretty much agree with the last 4 posts above me.
---
My life is complete.
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#826 Posted: 17:57:54 21/08/2015
Has anyone ever collected all the blue coins before exchanging any of them in Sunshine before?
I'm doing so in my most recent playthrough here. I currently have 75 shines and 191 blue coins.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:03:45 21/08/2015 by weebbby
#827 Posted: 18:10:02 21/08/2015
Quote: weebbby
Has anyone ever collected all the blue coins before exchanging any of them in Sunshine before?
I'm doing so in my most recent playthrough here. I currently have 75 shines and 191 blue coins.

There's 240 Blue Coins in total, in case you want to know when you can stop.

Anyway, Super Mario Maker. It looks pretty cool. I want to make stages like this:

---
#828 Posted: 18:12:50 21/08/2015
Yeah I know, 30 per world. I've played the game like 10 times lol. (well technically 19 in the plaza)
I've thought about doing this before, but I get to like 60 and I turn them in then instead.

I've just got Noki Bay and Sirena Beach left this time. (well and Corona/Airstrip)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:17:09 21/08/2015 by weebbby
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#829 Posted: 18:22:00 21/08/2015
I really want another Paper Mario that is as dark as The Thousand Year Door or Super Paper Mario. It's not that Sticker Star was bad, it was just not as good as the others in the series.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#830 Posted: 21:50:33 21/08/2015
Noki Bay ep. 8 (with the fish) has some really amazing music... Can't believe I haven't noticed it before. Is it the only one with that tune?
#831 Posted: 23:17:57 21/08/2015

That's one of the things I do to help make the Blue Coins less tedious to complete, another is to not collect any until the very end of the game so that I don't have to try and figure out where the last 8 coins I didn't collect are.

Noki Bay ep. 8 (with the fish) has some really amazing music... Can't believe I haven't noticed it before. Is it the only one with that tune?

I agree, but sadly Deep Sea of Mare is only used in that level.
#832 Posted: 16:27:14 22/08/2015

I agree, but sadly Deep Sea of Mare is only used in that level.

Thanks a lot for the name!

Anyway I finished now. 96 shines and 240 blue coins.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#833 Posted: 16:44:27 29/10/2015
[User Posted Image] New mario tennis box art.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#834 Posted: 16:50:55 29/10/2015
That's been around a while.
---
#835 Posted: 12:38:17 30/10/2015

Paper Jam gameplay clips from the Japanese website (courtesy of GameXplain).

Honestly, Mario & Luigi: Paper Star would have been a more appropriate title. "All the generic-ness you hated in Sticker Star, now in a Mario & Luigi game!"

Yeah, Nintendo's promotion actually made me less interested in this, so I'll be passing on this game at least until I see some walkthroughs up on YouTube to convince me this ISN'T a bland, generic crossover. Because everything suggests it is, outside the usual M&L action commands.
---
#836 Posted: 14:03:26 30/10/2015
^My thing with the game is that it looks more like a fairly basic M&L game with Paper Mario tacked on as a third party member, than an M&L/Paper Mario crossover.

Also I really need Rosalina to be in one of these games.

She makes perfect sense for an RPG, yet Nintendo don't put her in one. I know these games don't have a typical party system (Super Paper Mario did which is part of why I like it so much), but she could still be a part of it, like have the Observatory there. Maybe you go to her to upgrade certain things. I dunno.
---
#837 Posted: 21:21:07 30/10/2015
Dry Bowser and Bowser Jr. were confirmed for Mario Tennis Ultra Smash today. *shrug*
---
#838 Posted: 21:51:17 30/10/2015
Quote: DragonCamo
I really want another Paper Mario that is as dark as The Thousand Year Door or Super Paper Mario. It's not that Sticker Star was bad, it was just not as good as the others in the series.

Presisely my point in here. Paper Jam seemed like a good idea, but the resulting product might not be. It seems too generic, and the story not interesting. I absolutely adored the first three games of both Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario, but the fourth of each series is just not that good. I have Dream Team, but even today, I haven't finished it yet. Just didn't struck me as good as the other games did. I know Nintendo want to continue the success, but they just overdid it. They should have left those franchises to rest smilie
---
#839 Posted: 05:20:08 31/10/2015
The only Mario Kart game I have ever played is the first one, the one for the SNES. Never been a fan of cart games, but I have played them often since so many people gave me games like that when I was little. I suppose that was the groove back then. Anyway, if you haven't played the Paper Mario series, I strongly recommend The Thousand Year Door. Excellent gameplay, incredible characters and a very fun setting. And the soundtrack is amazing as well smilie
---
#840 Posted: 14:14:30 31/10/2015
I haven't played MK8 since the last DLC pack came out. Playing against randoms doesn't hold my attention, and none of my friends play it.
---
#841 Posted: 18:53:32 31/10/2015
I'm a fan of RPGs, especially when it comes to Mario. I love the Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi's series, but like I said, only the first three games. I know Partners in Time is sort of like the black sheep of that series, and while I enjoyed Supersar Saga more, PiT had a great gameplay and story, not to mention that it had my favorite soundtrack of the series. Also, the teaming up was great smilie
---
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#842 Posted: 15:06:41 12/12/2015
Quote: Drawdler
Random thought:

The map in SMG should have let you fast-travel to domes and galaxies. Besides checking for comets or any stars you missed, it's kinda useless. While checking for stars can be helpful, it breaks the flow a bit to keep checking the map for comets, then potentially travel to another dome so you don't miss them. Also, the Comet Luma should have appeared inside domes, next to Polaris and visually alerted you when there were comets. He barely has a point.

While I don't like how the hub is so small, I'm really glad they streamlined the level selection and star list in SMG2. It's not a huge issue, but kind of annoying after playing 2.

(I don't remember if they added an alert for comets or something, though. I just remember 2's map was so much better.)

Once you completed a level, and there was a new comet available, you would see a preview of that galaxy with a comet flying over it. Once you entered that galaxy, you would get another alert (which I don't think was needed, it just wastes time) that just says that there's a comet star in that galaxy.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#843 Posted: 13:19:05 07/02/2016
^CAV got it for Christmas, so I play it with him when he asks me to. You could probably join us sometime if you want.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#844 Posted: 13:27:30 12/02/2016
I JUST found out this was here.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#845 Posted: 14:17:06 12/02/2016
Uh, congrats?
---
#846 Posted: 23:26:53 03/03/2016
Thoughts on new Paper Mario?

I'm going to remain optimistic about this until it's pretty much confirmed to be Sticker Star HD + Paint DLC. ^.^
---
My life is complete.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:46:50 03/03/2016 by MagicFizz
First | Previous | Page 17 of 18 | Last
1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me