Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All-Purpose Mario Topic!
First | Previous | Page 13 of 18 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
The All-Purpose Mario Topic! [CLOSED]
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#601 Posted: 19:48:14 17/11/2013
Quote: Felines
Quote: Gem-A-Knight
Just...5...more...days! Can't wait!!

Many games to be released for November 22 in particular. I wonder why.

That happens to be the Friday before Black Friday in America. If all these games dev released the games ON Black Friday A) people wouldn't get all of Thanksgiving weekend to enjoy their games, and B) the releases would likely be overshadowed by all the Black Friday shopping deals. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#602 Posted: 20:27:57 17/11/2013
Oh, right. I completely forgot about Black Friday. Makes perfect sense now smilie
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#603 Posted: 19:46:25 19/11/2013
So anyone buying a 3DS over the holidays may be interested in this:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Camp...ion-831595.html
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#604 Posted: 10:13:45 24/11/2013
5 days 'till 'Super Mario 3D World' comes out here. >.>
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#605 Posted: 12:50:00 24/11/2013
Quote: sonicbrawler182
So anyone buying a 3DS over the holidays may be interested in this:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Camp...ion-831595.html

Dang it. I already have a 3ds.

Quote: TorchSheep

It's already out in the US. I'm seeing some youtubers are doing lets plays.
---
you never saw me
paddyfitz Gold Sparx Gems: 2242
#606 Posted: 16:47:59 24/11/2013

Can't wait!
---
Black lives matter, love is love, trans men are men and trans women are women!!!
#607 Posted: 19:29:09 24/11/2013
For those who grew up with the Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 cartoon like me, the final boss fight is hilarious if you remember the episode "Super Koopa." Geez Nintendo, it took Bowser 20 years to start using Mario's power-ups on himself? Maybe he really is dumber than I give him credit for... ;>.>

Also, DAT JAZZ! B/

<.<;;
---
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#608 Posted: 19:32:39 24/11/2013
I want a Wii U but I don't have the cash or my parents approval.
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#609 Posted: 21:04:45 24/11/2013
Quote: HIR
For those who grew up with the Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 cartoon like me, the final boss fight is hilarious if you remember the episode "Super Koopa." Geez Nintendo, it took Bowser 20 years to start using Mario's power-ups on himself? Maybe he really is dumber than I give him credit for... ;>.>

Also, DAT JAZZ! B/

<.<;;

Ha! I remember that episode. That was funny!

He needs a few 1-Up Mushrooms.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#610 Posted: 22:23:12 24/11/2013
Bowser doesn't need those, he has infinite continues. ^.^;
---
#611 Posted: 22:46:01 24/11/2013
I haven't seen any episode, or any Mario cartoon whatsoever, but now I am curious. Just when did Bowser use Mario's power-ups on himself?
---
scratchking22 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#612 Posted: 22:53:24 24/11/2013
Cannot wait to get Super Mario 3D World!
---
~ Clinton/Kaine 2016 ~
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#613 Posted: 02:30:06 25/11/2013

Also, DAT JAZZ! B/

<.<;;

Thanks, now I need to watch the TV series AND the movie.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#614 Posted: 03:12:25 25/11/2013
I haven't seen any episode, or any Mario cartoon whatsoever, but now I am curious. Just when did Bowser use Mario's power-ups on himself?

In an episode of the Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 called "Super Koopa."

And in the final boss for Super Mario 3D World. He uses the Super Bell, Double Cherry, and Super Leaf.
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#615 Posted: 03:17:01 25/11/2013
I don't have any hip games. :(
#616 Posted: 04:05:12 25/11/2013

In an episode of the Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 called "Super Koopa."

And in the final boss for Super Mario 3D World. He uses the Super Bell, Double Cherry, and Super Leaf.

No wonder. I haven't play that game, though it will be interesting to see Bowser using Mario's power-ups smilie
---
Gem-A-Knight Yellow Sparx Gems: 1644
#617 Posted: 06:38:47 25/11/2013
It's unbelievable to say, but 3D World is easily the best Mario game I've ever played. Gameplay and level design wise, yeah. I was surprised. It really beat out the Galaxy series. And I'm not even finished yet.

Well, it has 12 worlds, after all. Yep. Even longer than SMG2 and SMG. You get three green stars for most stages, and they total up to more than 300 so far. I think there's 350 or 400. I don't remember.
#618 Posted: 12:28:30 25/11/2013
^That's saying something. Is that game for Wii or Wii U?
---
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#619 Posted: 15:59:42 25/11/2013
Well, Wario used power-ups, and that was his first appearance.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#620 Posted: 18:20:23 25/11/2013
It's unbelievable to say, but 3D World is easily the best Mario game I've ever played. Gameplay and level design wise, yeah. I was surprised. It really beat out the Galaxy series. And I'm not even finished yet.

Well, it has 12 worlds, after all. Yep. Even longer than SMG2 and SMG. You get three green stars for most stages, and they total up to more than 300 so far. I think there's 350 or 400. I don't remember.

Now I'm REALLY curious about this game, as Super Mario Galaxy 2 is my favourite Mario game of all time, and one of my favourite video games period.
---
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#621 Posted: 20:27:25 25/11/2013
^That's saying something. Is that game for Wii or Wii U?

Wii U. I want it so bad!!!

(Both the Wii U and the game BTW.)
---
you never saw me
#622 Posted: 23:19:28 25/11/2013
There are many interesting games for the Wii U, as well as many others to be released. But it's too expensive, and I already have too many consoles. Maybe I will do what I did with the Wii, just wait for it to have a price drop...oh wait, now I remember, I wasn't that interested in a Wii, but my parents bought it for Christmas smilie
At least it was worth it, I have played many games for it, especially GameCube games smilie
---
#623 Posted: 23:41:51 25/11/2013

Now I'm REALLY curious about this game, as Super Mario Galaxy 2 is my favourite Mario game of all time, and one of my favourite video games period.

I can't say it will please everyone the same way it did for me. You may very well still believe that Galaxy is better, by far. From what I've heard, many have said the same as what I've said, but others disagree. With 3D World, you basically have 2 ways of seeing this game. It's either great, or the best Mario game you've played. I haven't met someone yet who dislikes it for any reason, so this appears to be the verdict. You'll have to try it yourself. Now, one thing I can say that quite a lot of people agree on, is that 3D World has hands down the best bosses. Even the final Boss battle will surprise you. It definitely surprised me. It's actually my favorite Bowser battle as of now.
#624 Posted: 00:00:06 26/11/2013
My best Mario game Ever kind of depends on teh catagory:
Main Series: Super Mario galaxy 2
Pseudo-Mario Games (The RPG's, paper, Luigi's Mansion and what have you) Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
And Best Sport and Party game is mario Party 2
---
nyeheheheheh

#625 Posted: 00:05:13 26/11/2013
Wait, what do you mean Pseudo-Mario Games? Is it because of the graphics? smilie
---
#626 Posted: 14:13:42 26/11/2013

I can't say it will please everyone the same way it did for me. You may very well still believe that Galaxy is better, by far. From what I've heard, many have said the same as what I've said, but others disagree. With 3D World, you basically have 2 ways of seeing this game. It's either great, or the best Mario game you've played. I haven't met someone yet who dislikes it for any reason, so this appears to be the verdict. You'll have to try it yourself. Now, one thing I can say that quite a lot of people agree on, is that 3D World has hands down the best bosses. Even the final Boss battle will surprise you. It definitely surprised me. It's actually my favorite Bowser battle as of now.

The game looks brilliant (it looked incredibly underwhelming in the first trailer, but recent trailers and LPs have me itching to play it).

It's just that, I can't imagine it surpassing Galaxy 2, AT LEAST as a single player experience. If this game had online, I'd actually probably like it more than Galaxy 2 before even playing it (or at least equally). And I could see it being Galaxy 2 tier in multiplayer.

As a single player experience, I don't doubt it to be a brilliant game, but...it still seems a little too simple as a singleplayer game.

There are two things still bothering me about this game, that also bothered me about 3D Land:

1) I don't like how blatantly they are encouraging speed running,and how simplistic the level designs are at times.
Don't get me wrong, I speed run Mario games anyway, but just like how people complain Sonic is becoming a bit too much like Mario, I feel Mario is trying too hard to be Sonic lately.

Galaxy was a speed runners delight, but it was more subtle. Galaxy 2 had more emphasis on speedrunning, but it was much more subtle than 3D Land/3D World and felt unique, because the Galaxy games had the gravity gimmick to play with, not to mention the simple but extremely versatile Spin maneuveur (and I know Rosalina has this in 3D World, but it's obviously not integral to the experience, as she is unlockable). And in the case of both games, exploration was never completely sacrificed, and I was only time limited in specific missions.

With 3D Land/3D World, I feel like I am SUPPOSED to go fast all of the time, as I constantly have this timer in my face that kills me if I spend too long exploring, not to mention that there are levels which are full of speed boosters. While I can forgive a game like Sonic for this (because Sonic's big selling point is "GOTTA GO FAST", even if games like Lost World, Generations, Adventure 1 and the Classics are more exploration focused), I can't forgive Mario for this, because Mario is by nature, a slower paced game, that has normally tried to always incorporate and encourage exploration since Super Mario Bros 3.

All in all, it feels like they are making the level design like that of the original Super Mario Bros, but here's the problem - that game was only like that because of how primitive it was. Because it was the start of everything. Heck, the camera only ever scrolls straight to the right in that game.

And while I let 3D Land away with trying to be like a 2D Mario game because it was the first, brand new 3D Mario game on a handheld, 3D World is the first HD, 3D Mario game. It should take better advantage of the hardware. And while the online multiplayer would of satisfied me there, it fails to even incorporate that - what I'm trying to say is, besides the prettier graphics, this game would of been possible on the Wii.

It still looks like a brilliant game, and I'm excited to play it (my mother is getting me it for Christmas). It's just that, because it lacks any real ambition (the game is creative and constantly introduces new ideas, but all of the best platformers do this), I'd honestly think this came before the Galaxy games if I was a Mario newbie, and the game wasn't on the Wii U.

2) The art style bothers me in most levels I've seen. They kind of feel like random clusters of generic platforms and blocks rather than living worlds. 3D World definitely improves over 3D Land in this regard, but honestly, there should be hardly any levels that feel like this. Most levels feel so small. Like, it makes me wish the game had a level editor, because a lot of levels look so simplistic in art design. I also don't condone the use of the Super Mario Bros 3 block platforms with the screws on the corners, as it's completely missing the point as to why those blocks looked like that in SMB3.

Basically, 3D Land/3D World lacks theming. I don't feel like these levels are worlds. I feel like they are just levels.

I'm not bashing the game. I'm just explaining what holds it back from looking as exciting as Galaxy 2 for me. And I won't fully judge the game until I play it.
---
#627 Posted: 23:34:12 26/11/2013
Actually, you're very right, the levels are very tight squeezed. Though I don't in anyway believe that the levels are lacking theme. Though levels no longer follow the grass, beach, ice etc. theme, they are fairly alive. The environments are very enjoyable. I can't exactly explain how or why. You'll just have to see that yourself.

And the speed running is only in about 5 levels. All the other levels of the game are full on well made and thoughtful levels. And the time they give you to complete a level is just as long as the New Super Mario Brothers Series. I only once or twice experienced a moment where I took too long to beat a level. Also, while many levels may be short, they gave you tons to balance it out. Just when you think you're done, you're not! I played the game for several hours and I still haven't finished it. Granted, the last level is quite the difficult one, but besides the point, there's plenty to jump into and some will challenge you greatly, especially if your goal is to get all the green stars.
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#628 Posted: 17:48:39 29/11/2013
Super Mario 3D World is finally mine! This December will be aaawesome! :D

About to start playing now...!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:49:05 29/11/2013 by FireMeowth
#629 Posted: 19:45:05 29/11/2013
Just got SM3DW today, at the 3rd world, it is AWESOME! ^.^
My main is Peach BTW, her hover ability is the most handy ability in the game.
Yoshi Emerald Sparx Gems: 3062
#630 Posted: 19:49:27 29/11/2013

Oh cool, you can play as Peach! Can you play as Yoshi?
---
Wow
Such signature
#631 Posted: 19:54:18 29/11/2013
Quote: Yoshi

Unfortunatley not. D: Though that would be pretty cool. :3
You can play as Rosalina though, which is freaking awesome! smilie
#632 Posted: 20:00:37 29/11/2013

Aww to bad. But wait, you play as Rosalina?! Awesome she's my second favorite Mario character! *Immediately adds SM3DW to Christmas wish list*
---
Wow
Such signature
#633 Posted: 20:03:26 29/11/2013

Aww to bad. But wait, you play as Rosalina?! Awesome she's my second favorite Mario character! *Immediately adds SM3DW to Christmas wish list*

I'm gonna go for a wild guess and say that Yoshi is your favorite? smilie
#634 Posted: 20:06:47 29/11/2013

I'm gonna go for a wild guess and say that Yoshi is your favorite? smilie

You guessed right! And holy crap I just looked up how much it was on Amazon and dang it's almost $60!
---
Wow
Such signature
#635 Posted: 22:11:00 29/11/2013
Also, this is by far my favorite track in the game so far.
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#636 Posted: 22:45:18 29/11/2013
I want a Wii U and 3DS so much for Mario games mainly.
#637 Posted: 23:00:08 29/11/2013
I bought a 3DS when the price dropped. Despite the Wii U having very interesting games, I am not interested, unless the price drops or if it's offered as a gift.
---
#638 Posted: 16:31:42 30/11/2013
I plan on getting the Zelda Wind Waker Wii U bundle.
---
Wow
Such signature
#639 Posted: 19:31:25 30/11/2013
With December here, guess what guys, Mario Kart 8 has finally snuck up on us! It releases in just two months now, due February 2014. I'm curious to see a now full fledged in depth trailer, or at least wait until they get closer to what the game really looks like and what it offers. They showed plenty already in the first one, but that was very broad, as is many of their first trailers.
#640 Posted: 23:36:26 30/11/2013
I'm excited for it too, although I can't help but feel like, if it's successful, that it will bury the F-Zero franchise for good, since it's taking the antigravity features straight out of that franchise. ^.^;
---
#641 Posted: 23:54:38 30/11/2013
You know, as much as I love Mario games, aren't they releasing WAY too many games in so little time? There are other franchises that Nintendo has you know. They should make a franchise make a huge comeback, like what happened with Kid Icarus, and even Donkey Kong.
---
paddyfitz Gold Sparx Gems: 2242
#642 Posted: 23:57:56 30/11/2013
^ Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze...
---
Black lives matter, love is love, trans men are men and trans women are women!!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:58:31 30/11/2013 by paddyfitz
#643 Posted: 00:01:32 01/12/2013
You know, as much as I love Mario games, aren't they releasing WAY too many games in so little time? There are other franchises that Nintendo has you know. They should make a franchise make a huge comeback, like what happened with Kid Icarus, and even Donkey Kong.

I do agree. I'm hoping Miyamoto stepping away to work on smaller projects is an indication that we'll see some other things from Nintendo and the Mario meter will be toned down a bit.
---
#644 Posted: 00:25:35 01/12/2013
StarFox. D: It needs a comeback. Seriously. He's in Smash Bros 4. All the new people that play this game are gonna be like: "Who's Fox?" Since all the other characters have actually had fairly recent games or were involved in some way.
#645 Posted: 14:53:30 01/12/2013

I heard this while I played the game (I don't own it yet, but my brother's friend came over just after buying it, and we played to World 3), and if I'm not mistaken, isn't that song from one of the Galaxy games (just re orchestrated)?

And yeah, this game is very fun...only, I mainly was enjoying it because I was playing co-op. Doesn't seem nearly as exciting in single player, though. The levels felt very simplistic for the most part. Not as much as 3D Land, but still noticeably so.

And Peach became my main too. She's slower, but I nullify that by using the long jump to get around. Plus, it's nice to play as the pretty little lady! -v-
---
#646 Posted: 19:04:50 01/12/2013
I haven't play StarFox, but it does seems like a cool series nonetheless. That is another franchise Nintendo can work on. I know Mario is the mascot and main character of the company, but two Mario games for one particular day? Not to mention other previously released games, like Dream Team and the new Paper Mario. All fourth games of an existing, already amazing trilogy. That seems a little too much for me. If Miyamoto is working on some other projects, then that's something. Let's see if, besides making a forgotten franchise come back, he can come up with something completely new as well smilie
---
#647 Posted: 22:02:01 01/12/2013
*snip*

I heard this while I played the game (I don't own it yet, but my brother's friend came over just after buying it, and we played to World 3), and if I'm not mistaken, isn't that song from one of the Galaxy games (just re orchestrated)?

No. It's the main castle theme from 3D Land put to an orchestra. They reused a few 3D Land tracks, including the castle theme, winter level theme, Toad House theme, the Super Mario theme remix, Boom Boom battle, and Pom Pom battle. Everything else is original music...

Except the Jazzy arrange of 3D Land's overworld will pop up in some of the special worlds.
---
#648 Posted: 22:18:27 01/12/2013
I'm hankerin for another game with me in it, dontcha see junior mininons?
---
nyeheheheheh

#649 Posted: 04:58:18 02/12/2013
I am thinking that, with all the technology and the easiness it is to communicate with people from far away, people like Miyamoto can accept ideas from people to create something new, something similar to what we all do with RPs... oh but with so many people, that may prove difficult.
---
#650 Posted: 08:57:40 02/12/2013
I am thinking that, with all the technology and the easiness it is to communicate with people from far away, people like Miyamoto can accept ideas from people to create something new, something similar to what we all do with RPs... oh but with so many people, that may prove difficult.

No, it'd prove difficult because Miyamoto is a very stubborn man who tends to be someone who gives out orders rather than listen to ideas.
---
First | Previous | Page 13 of 18 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me