Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All-Purpose Mario Topic!
First | Previous | Page 9 of 18 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 17 18
The All-Purpose Mario Topic! [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#401 Posted: 00:23:18 15/07/2013
What does "nerf" mean? Although I think I got the idea of what you mean with that...
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#402 Posted: 00:49:31 15/07/2013
Quote: Felines
What does "nerf" mean? Although I think I got the idea of what you mean with that...

Nerfing is essentially changing something so it is no longer as fun or useful. <.<;

Also,

ANTASMA HAS SOME KICKASS MUSIC. Of course, it's Yoko Shimomura, but still.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
King_Pika Blue Sparx Gems: 544
#403 Posted: 01:09:08 15/07/2013
ERMAGERSH

Popple is in Dream Team!!!!!
---
"Regretting never, our dreams will be... Halfway to forever! Our light comes shining through. Reach down deep, big defeat. Do all that we can do!"
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#404 Posted: 08:11:18 15/07/2013
just got dream team in australia on sunday and it is epic
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
#405 Posted: 18:41:22 15/07/2013
By the sound of I'll say that Dream Team is a much better sequel than Stickers Stars. I remember watching the trailer of SS, but the plot and gameplay didn't convinced me at all. I will stick to the original trilogy. But, I want to make sure that Dream Team is a completely different story. I loved the M&L trilogy, so I am really hoping that DT is not a disappointment.

That reminds me; lately, there has been a lot of games that are sequels to some famous trilogy. With some, Nintendo took a lot of time thinking of a fourth game for those trilogies, like Donkey Kong Country. We waited more than a decade for a fourth game. The Donkey Kong Country games were my very first gaming experience, but I am still not sure with DKC Returns. Some say it was a disappointment compared to the others, but others say it was way much better than they expected. I really want to know if the purchase is really worth it smilie
---
Yoshi Emerald Sparx Gems: 3062
#406 Posted: 22:09:44 15/07/2013
You could always rent it first :/
---
Wow
Such signature
#407 Posted: 22:42:46 15/07/2013
I might do that, if I can find it. The video stores near me are so tiny.
---
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#408 Posted: 17:37:02 26/07/2013
Good lord, Dream Team has a beautiful soundtrack! smilie
#409 Posted: 18:47:00 26/07/2013
I hope that's not the only good things about it. I love the other three M&L games, and I am thinking of purchasing Dream Team too, and not be disappointing like Sticker's Stars.
---
#410 Posted: 18:49:27 26/07/2013
I haven't played it for very long, but what I have played of it is very good, and a worthy successor to the trilogy.
#411 Posted: 18:53:11 26/07/2013
Well if you get further, then tell me if the purchase is really worth it.
---
#412 Posted: 20:17:34 26/07/2013
It already is. smilie
#413 Posted: 21:27:06 26/07/2013
... Still need to give it more thought though. I still haven't decided whether to buy Donkey Kong Country Returns. The SNES trilogy were my first games after all, I don't want to be disappointed by this late sequel.
---
#414 Posted: 21:39:36 26/07/2013
Well, I haven't played the original three, but DKCR is a very decent game, it has charm, good graphics and level designs and gameplay. But it's not my decision, it's yours. I would suggest buying it though.
#415 Posted: 22:00:24 26/07/2013
... Still need to give it more thought though. I still haven't decided whether to buy Donkey Kong Country Returns. The SNES trilogy were my first games after all, I don't want to be disappointed by this late sequel.

You could try watching a walkthrough or Let's Play of some of Donkey Kong Country Returns. And if it makes you excited, then I would recommend buying it. <.<
---
#416 Posted: 01:40:58 27/07/2013
Yeah, I think that's the best thing to do. I admit I am being too hard on the newest games... maybe I am so stuck with the old way of gameplay that I am having a hard time trying something new. But still, I will do as you say HIR, just to be sure.
---
#417 Posted: 16:46:54 27/07/2013
I've never played the original trilogy is it good?
---
Wow
Such signature
#418 Posted: 16:51:30 27/07/2013
Is it? Those three games are so fun and unique. Challenging and fun gameplay, one amazing soundtrack, great graphics and a lot of stages are very memorable smilie
---
#419 Posted: 16:54:32 27/07/2013
I'll keep an eye out for them then. Anyway recently been playing Mario Kart DD. I forgot how fun it is.
---
Wow
Such signature
#420 Posted: 16:57:08 27/07/2013
I never finished that game. I played it because it was given away to me that time. The only one I really played was the one for the SNES.
---
#421 Posted: 16:59:23 27/07/2013
I think I have that one some where. I don't remember.
---
Wow
Such signature
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#422 Posted: 17:55:43 27/07/2013
I highly recommend 3. It's very fun, tough, and the level design is perfect.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#423 Posted: 18:07:08 27/07/2013
^What game is that?
---
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#424 Posted: 02:24:59 28/07/2013
I sooooo want to get Dream Team! Why can't August 11th come earlier~! I loved Bowser's Inside Story, I thought it was fun, humorous and had a good.....story......[/imsorryidontknowwhyidothistomyself]
#425 Posted: 03:50:44 28/07/2013
^That game was pretty weird, yet absolutely fun. It was hilarious being able to play as Bowser. And speaking of that... did anyone noticed that the brothers get eaten at some point in all the three M&L games? I wonder if that will happen in Dream Team too smilie
---
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#426 Posted: 07:44:33 28/07/2013
dream team case out here in australia last month
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
#427 Posted: 08:55:21 28/07/2013
^That game was pretty weird, yet absolutely fun. It was hilarious being able to play as Bowser. And speaking of that... did anyone noticed that the brothers get eaten at some point in all the three M&L games? I wonder if that will happen in Dream Team too smilie

Oh yeah! smilie Maybe it's a running gag of sorts, kinda like 'Paper Marios' sleeping gag. >.>
#428 Posted: 23:08:56 28/07/2013
It's a running gag alright. I wonder if they will continue it with Dream Team. And speaking of gags, what sleeping gag in Paper Mario do you mean?
---
#429 Posted: 23:56:03 28/07/2013
It's a running gag alright. I wonder if they will continue it with Dream Team. And speaking of gags, what sleeping gag in Paper Mario do you mean?

Mario falling asleep when someone is giving an important explanation. <.<
---
#430 Posted: 03:46:43 29/07/2013
Oh, right. Almost forgot about that. You can't blame him though smilie
---
#431 Posted: 19:06:48 25/08/2013
I'm so scarred to try out 'Sticker Star', the original Paper Mario was amazing and my fifth favorite Mario game, the second Paper Mario game was near perfection, my favorite Mario game ever and my second favorite game of all time (next to Spyro 2), Super Paper Mario, whilst different was still an absolute masterpiece in my eyes and my fourth favorite Mario game ever. Sticker Star is getting veeeery controversial feedback, even more so than 'Super Paper Mario'. To those who have played it, what are your opinions on it?

Also, this:
[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:07:40 25/08/2013 by TorchSheep
#432 Posted: 21:32:32 25/08/2013
It gutted out everything that made Paper Mario 1 & 2 enjoyable. Okay, maybe that's a bit harsh. But there's absolutely no story whatsoever, the "Sticker" combat mechanic is rather annoying and makes a lot of the battles unnecessary as well as the bosses tedious. Also, Bowser doesn't even have a single line of dialogue. In the entire game. A snazzy, Big Band jazz soundtrack is not enough to overturn the disappointing (and frustrating) gameplay. It's still got its funny moments, but I wouldn't waste money on it. Get Dream Team instead. >.>
---
#433 Posted: 23:00:54 25/08/2013
That's a good point. For some reason, I don't find Stickers Stars as eye-catching as the original trilogy. It's a sequel, but it doesn't inspire me to play it, which it's a shame, since the original Paper Mario games are so epic. However, I have played a demo of Dream Team, and looks far more promising as a sequel than Sticker's Stars.
---
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#434 Posted: 00:49:01 26/08/2013
My brother loves Paper Mario. His favorite is Thousand Year Door, even if he hasn't beat the final boss yet. He loves it for the way it is played. After that is Sticker Star. He loves it for the unique gameplay mechanic and it's jazzy tunes, as well as the stickers instead of upgrades. After that is Paper Mario. He likes it for the different areas. He dislikes it for the way the partners were done. His least favorite is Super Paper Mario because you go through multiple doors, and the fact once you hit an enemy, it just dies. Also, the fact, the treasure items are hearts, not stars.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#435 Posted: 00:57:26 26/08/2013

It seems Nintendo's ad executives have been doing ALL THE DRUGS. See how many YouTube personalities you can identify. <.>
---
#436 Posted: 04:28:54 26/08/2013
Quote: zookinator
My brother loves Paper Mario. His favorite is Thousand Year Door, even if he hasn't beat the final boss yet. He loves it for the way it is played. After that is Sticker Star. He loves it for the unique gameplay mechanic and it's jazzy tunes, as well as the stickers instead of upgrades. After that is Paper Mario. He likes it for the different areas. He dislikes it for the way the partners were done. His least favorite is Super Paper Mario because you go through multiple doors, and the fact once you hit an enemy, it just dies. Also, the fact, the treasure items are hearts, not stars.

Hmm... Sticker's Stars as second huh? That's pretty high, but still not enough to convince me. I do share however The Thousand Year Door as the first one. It is also my favorite one. It still have that "save the princess" routine, but the worlds, the separated stories, the gameplay, and even some of it's music. It was all too awesome. And you could really grow fond of the characters, especially Vivian. And the fact that you could name your Yoshi and even ride him even when recently hatched. And the places; that gloomy forest where that bunch of Punies followed you, and the Gilts Pits and how you manage your way into the top, or even the mystery you had to solve on the train... my what a complex game smilie

Oh HIR, couldn't see the video. Maybe it's temporarily unavailable, or something's wrong with my Internet. Either way, let's see if there's another way...
---
#437 Posted: 09:35:34 26/08/2013
Thanks for the heads up guys. smilie And yes, I have played and do own 'Dream Team', and it's a pretty decent game, the thing that stands out most in that game is the AMAZING SOUNDTRACK! The regular boss battle theme being my favorite song so far.
#438 Posted: 14:15:29 26/08/2013
It's an unlisted video. Maybe if I just link it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wplnqlqUD4
---
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#439 Posted: 21:17:17 30/08/2013
Quote: TorchSheep
Thanks for the heads up guys. smilie And yes, I have played and do own 'Dream Team', and it's a pretty decent game, the thing that stands out most in that game is the AMAZING SOUNDTRACK! The regular boss battle theme being my favorite song so far.

^all of this, even though I don't own the game yet. I need to get Dream Team, Mario and Luigi is one of my favorite game series, and Superstar Saga is one of my all-time favorite games.

as for the sticker star, well... I haven't necessarily been fond of the Paper Mario series. The Thousand-Year Door is pretty fun, but I didn't really like Sticker Star. or Super Paper Mario. I haven't played the first one, but I don't think i'll get it, because chances are I won't get into it.

besides that, is anyone anticipating Super Mario 3D World? because it's giving me a big reason to own a Wii U.
---
Cool cool.
#440 Posted: 07:03:49 01/09/2013
^Well at least you got the chance to play Thousand Year Door, cause I believe it is the best game from the Paper Mario series, ad if you ask me, one of the best Mario games out there smilie
---
#441 Posted: 13:40:16 01/09/2013
^Well at least you got the chance to play Thousand Year Door, cause I believe it is the best game from the Paper Mario series, ad if you ask me, one of the best Mario games out there :)

Agreed! p_o
---
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4381
#442 Posted: 19:40:16 01/09/2013
now i have the song in my head
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
#443 Posted: 21:11:35 01/09/2013
What music?

Quote: HIR
^Well at least you got the chance to play Thousand Year Door, cause I believe it is the best game from the Paper Mario series, ad if you ask me, one of the best Mario games out there smilie

Agreed! p_o

... I just thought of something. Thousand Year Door is the darkest game in the trilo... I mean, saga. And in the Mario and Luigi series, Partners in Time is pretty dark as well, I mean, just listen to that final battle music. I am beginning to believe that Nintendo tends to do second games of certain series the darkest, and not just Mario. Just play Donkey Kong Country 2 smilie
---
#444 Posted: 21:58:08 01/09/2013
What music?

^Well at least you got the chance to play Thousand Year Door, cause I believe it is the best game from the Paper Mario series, ad if you ask me, one of the best Mario games out there :)

Agreed! p_o

... I just thought of something. Thousand Year Door is the darkest game in the trilo... I mean, saga. And in the Mario and Luigi series, Partners in Time is pretty dark as well, I mean, just listen to that final battle music. I am beginning to believe that Nintendo tends to do second games of certain series the darkest, and not just Mario. Just play Donkey Kong Country 2 O_o

I don't know... I personally find that point debatable. For Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, I found the antagonists, Grodus and the X-Nauts, to be shrouded in secrecy. Yeah, we hear whisperings about this demon, but we're never really sure what drove Grodus to look for this, and how Beldam was able to cross paths with him and persuade him to search for the "treasure." The story really only takes a dark turn in the last chapter.

Whereas in Super Paper Mario, things are much darker. We are pretty much told from the very beginning of the game that a set of events have been put in motion that could END ALL WORLDS AS WE KNOW IT. And we're given a constant reminder of this in the form of the Void. Heck, we witness a world get consumed by said Void in Chapter 6. And the villain, Count Bleck, has an incredibly depressing backstory and reasoning for this. And then it gets even crazier with that certain twist at the end. It's arguably the closest kid-friendly Nintendo will ever come to replicating a complete monster like Kefka.

So I consider SPM a lot darker. But I suppose it's a matter of opinion. I do agree with Partners in Time being the darkest. They turned the humor knob way up for the sequels. ^.^;
---
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#445 Posted: 00:00:23 02/09/2013
Quote: King_Pika
ERMAGERSH

Popple is in Dream Team!!!!!

Hooray!
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#446 Posted: 03:06:43 02/09/2013
What music?

Agreed! p_o

... I just thought of something. Thousand Year Door is the darkest game in the trilo... I mean, saga. And in the Mario and Luigi series, Partners in Time is pretty dark as well, I mean, just listen to that final battle music. I am beginning to believe that Nintendo tends to do second games of certain series the darkest, and not just Mario. Just play Donkey Kong Country 2 smilie

I don't know... I personally find that point debatable. For Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, I found the antagonists, Grodus and the X-Nauts, to be shrouded in secrecy. Yeah, we hear whisperings about this demon, but we're never really sure what drove Grodus to look for this, and how Beldam was able to cross paths with him and persuade him to search for the "treasure." The story really only takes a dark turn in the last chapter.

Whereas in Super Paper Mario, things are much darker. We are pretty much told from the very beginning of the game that a set of events have been put in motion that could END ALL WORLDS AS WE KNOW IT. And we're given a constant reminder of this in the form of the Void. Heck, we witness a world get consumed by said Void in Chapter 6. And the villain, Count Bleck, has an incredibly depressing backstory and reasoning for this. And then it gets even crazier with that certain twist at the end. It's arguably the closest kid-friendly Nintendo will ever come to replicating a complete monster like Kefka.

So I consider SPM a lot darker. But I suppose it's a matter of opinion. I do agree with Partners in Time being the darkest. They turned the humor knob way up for the sequels. ^.^;

Well, although SPM did get dark with all that situation but I think it's more depressing than dark. I still believe that TTYD is just a little darker. Heck, the prologue tells of a demon that actually murdered a lot of citizens, and threatened to enslave everyone in the world, so I think that detail is enough. And PiT, well, there is no point in discussing that. You know, I always think that the reason why that final battle music is so depressing it's because if something ever happened to the baby brothers, all the good they have done would vanish smilie

But what you said about the sequels it's true. It took quite a twist towards the humorous side, maybe too much, to the point that feels awkward, and sometimes even absurd. They are still good though, except maybe Sticker's Stars. I wonder if it's because they thought the previous game were a little too strong to be kids-oriented...
---
#447 Posted: 03:17:48 02/09/2013
No. From what I understand, Miyamoto saw the working prototype of Sticker Star, he thought it too much like The Thousand Year Door. Apparently that was unacceptable, so he wanted the story gutted and the gameplay changed to be less like TTYD. Which is why many people were up in arms and worried the same thing would happen with Dream Team.

And apparently, some people think it DID happen with Dream Team. I've heard more than a few people theorize that Antasma was supposed to double-cross Bowser and leave him for broke (or just straight up possess him), not vice-versa, and that someone upstairs stepped in and demanded Alpha Dream change it.

In fact, some people thought the final boss was Antasma controlling Bowser (it was called Antowser) until the European releases came out. I personally don't believe the rumors. As Bowser's had a character arc going throughout the Mario & Luigi games. And it finally came to a headway here.
---
#448 Posted: 03:54:01 02/09/2013
Hmm... well if what you said are only rumors, I do hope they try to change things a little bit, at least in Dream Team. Did you notice that in every final battle the one to fight is either a possessed Bowser or someone that looks like him, in the case of BIS. It is quite interesting that, even though the terms are similar, the "final boss" is not what you would expect. In SS, the true final boss is Cackletta's Soul, and in PiT, it's Shrowser, though I believe that was just to fill things up. He was way too easy compared to Elder Princess Shroob, whom I consider the true final battle.
I kinda want something different, a villain that fights in it's own terms instead of being a version of Bowser, you know, just to change that formula.
---
paddyfitz Gold Sparx Gems: 2242
#449 Posted: 06:15:30 01/10/2013
*bump*
I'm looking forward to 3D World, it looks awesome!
---
Black lives matter, love is love, trans men are men and trans women are women!!!
First | Previous | Page 9 of 18 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 17 18

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me