darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > Lightning Rod Heroic Challenge Bug (PS3)
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Lightning Rod Heroic Challenge Bug (PS3) [CLOSED]
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#51 Posted: 09:38:45 09/04/2012
so only a work around and no proper fix??...
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#52 Posted: 10:59:48 09/04/2012
From the sounds of it Kappa, yes. I admit I've not tried it on my 100% save file, but maybe when I've trained everyone on that challenge, I will give it a go.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
Capoeira Blue Sparx Gems: 585
#53 Posted: 00:26:22 10/04/2012
Quote: Sunny Castanets
I'm here to post to confirm that dbaez2's workaround works. I'm on the PS3 version.

I started a new game yesterday and did the first three chapters (intro, rescuing Cali, and rescuing Persephone). I did all of this as Lightning Rod, who I had changed the ownership on, just to be safe.

I then talked to Cali as Lightning Rod and did the Heroic Challenge. The Mask was at the end. When asked if I wanted to do it again, I chose "Yes", and put a new Skylander on the Portal.

I did this with about twelve Skylanders and all of them got the Mask perfectly fine.

So you changed ownership from your old save to this new one that you started? Does changing ownership reset the Skylander's stats as well? (If so, I guess we should try this with a new Skylander and not one that we've been using for a longer period.)
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#54 Posted: 00:28:46 10/04/2012
Quote: Capoeira
Quote: Sunny Castanets
I'm here to post to confirm that dbaez2's workaround works. I'm on the PS3 version.

I started a new game yesterday and did the first three chapters (intro, rescuing Cali, and rescuing Persephone). I did all of this as Lightning Rod, who I had changed the ownership on, just to be safe.

I then talked to Cali as Lightning Rod and did the Heroic Challenge. The Mask was at the end. When asked if I wanted to do it again, I chose "Yes", and put a new Skylander on the Portal.

I did this with about twelve Skylanders and all of them got the Mask perfectly fine.

So you changed ownership from your old save to this new one that you started? Does changing ownership reset the Skylander's stats as well? (If so, I guess we should try this with a new Skylander and not one that we've been using for a longer period.)

Ownership does not reset stats or anything at all.

This is how I did the challenge as well. smilie
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
#55 Posted: 00:30:13 10/04/2012
Interesting. So what's the point of the ownership then?
Also, I'm guessing you didn't need to worry about any of that with the other Skylanders that you finished the level with?
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#56 Posted: 00:34:26 10/04/2012
I'm actually not sure what the point of ownership is TBH. I don't think it makes a lick of difference.

I keep that "lightning Rod" save for whenever I want to go back in do do that challenge for a different Skylander.
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
#57 Posted: 00:35:44 10/04/2012
Yeah, good call.
syzygy333 Green Sparx Gems: 361
#58 Posted: 01:19:01 10/04/2012
We have the Wii version. Have completed this heroic challenge with several of our characters. There are dead ends...if when two portals appear, you don't take the correct portal, you sometimes end up in a dead end room. Start the challenge over. SPOILER ALERT***For ours, in certain rooms, only one portal appears. When two portals appear, on the Wii version at least, if you always take the LEFT portal, you will always get to the end of the challenge with the platform where the narrator tells you that the Tiki mask has appeared. You simply walk to the end of the platform and collect the mask. Challenge completed. Happy gaming!
---
Own: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
bl bash
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#59 Posted: 02:16:33 10/04/2012
Quote: syzygy333
We have the Wii version. Have completed this heroic challenge with several of our characters. There are dead ends...if when two portals appear, you don't take the correct portal, you sometimes end up in a dead end room. Start the challenge over. SPOILER ALERT***For ours, in certain rooms, only one portal appears. When two portals appear, on the Wii version at least, if you always take the LEFT portal, you will always get to the end of the challenge with the platform where the narrator tells you that the Tiki mask has appeared. You simply walk to the end of the platform and collect the mask. Challenge completed. Happy gaming!

the wii version and ps3 werent made by the same development team challenge works great and perfect on the wii but not on the 360 or ps3 version
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#60 Posted: 02:35:00 10/04/2012
I can confirm that the workaround works perfectly. Just make sure to only allow Lightning Rod to actually end up in the ruins. Once Lightning Rod has completed the challenge, all you have to do is fail it with him and then retry with another Skylander. Not a perfect solution, but certainly more workable than consistently finding the mask missing (as I did in my original, non-100% game). I, too, hope for a patch, but I'm not holding my breath. Quite a few games on the PS3 end up missing important patches. Despite the current mania, I suspect that Skylanders simply isn't popular enough to be a high priority candidate for a patch.
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#61 Posted: 06:46:39 10/04/2012
I didn't even need to let Lightning Rod fail the challenge. Once he succeeded, I chose to "do another Heroic Challenge", and then put another Skylander on.

All of my other Skylanders had their ownership with my main game, not the "Lightning Rod" save, just for the record. Their challenge may temporarily show up in the menu, but it doesn't affect your ability to get the Mask.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
dbaez2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1242
#62 Posted: 15:54:46 10/04/2012
Quote: StormbringerGT
I'm actually not sure what the point of ownership is TBH. I don't think it makes a lick of difference.

I did the ownership for Lightning Rod so his Heroic Challenge would remain on the new/temp game save. That way if you had to do his challenge later with a different Skylander you wouldn't need to put Lightning Rod back on the portal to open up his challenge.

SIDE NOTE: I called Activision yesterday to check into the status of the call I made about this glitch. Looks like it has been elevated and they stated they are looking into it. Hopefully they will fix this so we don't have to use work arounds to complete portions of the game. I hope they test Giants thoroughly to ensure we're not going to have the same problems.
#63 Posted: 01:17:58 12/04/2012
"I hope they test Giants thoroughly to ensure we're not going to have the same problems."

That's the stupid thing about all this. They should be able to just patch the PS3 and 360 games with an update. I get the feeling that it's the Wii version that's holding us back. There are other glitches and bugs that should be addressed as well.
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#64 Posted: 01:23:18 12/04/2012
"I hope they test Giants thoroughly to ensure we're not going to have the same problems."

That's the stupid thing about all this. They should be able to just patch the PS3 and 360 games with an update. I get the feeling that it's the Wii version that's holding us back. There are other glitches and bugs that should be addressed as well.

Don't blame the Wii. It didn't do nuthin'!
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#65 Posted: 01:48:18 12/04/2012
That's the problem - it doesn't do much...

...boom tish!
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7055
#66 Posted: 03:26:36 12/04/2012
I keep checking the AA FB thread and it looks like there has been a possible breakthrough on this glitch. Let's see if Activision is even paying attention to that thread any more. :-|

-VM
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#67 Posted: 04:00:22 12/04/2012

the wii version doesnt suffer from this bug and the only major bug on the wii is that one chapter bug
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
dracolich Red Sparx Gems: 60
#68 Posted: 13:25:30 21/04/2012
I just got my Lightning Rod and tried the heroic challenge last night. First I tried it in my 100% save and got the same bug. PS3 version btw. That's when I went online and found this forum thread. I already had a second save file that, although beaten Kaos, is only 36% complete because I just rushed through using only Hex. For that save Hex's and Cynder's were the only heroic challenges unlocked so far. Before creating another new save file I tried Lightning Rod on this one and it worked. I only used LR long enough to unlock the challenge then entered the challenge with my skylander of choice, Stealth Elf, and had no problem. I'm suspecting the bug is linked to some sort of conflict with another heroic challenge and is triggered when both challenges are unlocked in the same save.
---
Silent but Deadly !

My collection: all except smiliesmiliesmilie
Stealth Elf 32 Green Sparx Gems: 176
#69 Posted: 14:14:53 21/04/2012
smilie Sad, Sad ,Sad. smilie
---
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I posted! smilie My Other Site, although I rarely use it. I love Godsmack! Its a rock band.
Skorus Green Sparx Gems: 492
#70 Posted: 22:26:35 18/08/2012
im on PS3 and dont have that glitch
---
Butt.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me