darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Possible Sequel: Skylanders Giants?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Possible Sequel: Skylanders Giants? [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1 Posted: 16:19:31 22/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Recently, Activision, which is a known client of the internet brand protection company, MarkMonitor, has recently bought “Skylanders Giants” domain names, hinting that a new game is in the works.

http://fusible.com/2012/01/dom...landers-giants/
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#2 Posted: 16:27:12 22/01/2012
hah! i knew a sequel would come. but why so soon? i mean all of the characters are even out yet..
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#3 Posted: 16:33:14 22/01/2012
Whats with the special mention of the french domain? That was odd.

Purchasing a domain does not mean a new game with that name will be released. Maybe the online game will evolve to this.

This just makes people who talk, talk more about other things now.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
lemmingluv Ripto Gems: 907
#4 Posted: 16:58:03 22/01/2012
Quote: LyraDragon
hah! i knew a sequel would come. but why so soon? i mean all of the characters are even out yet..

from the looks of the picture, i think that all of the characters for skylanders will probably all be compatable with the sequel
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#5 Posted: 17:08:02 22/01/2012
Quote: Spyrobaro
Quote: Monsinour
Whats with the special mention of the french domain? That was odd.

Purchasing a domain does not mean a new game with that name will be released. Maybe the online game will evolve to this.

This just makes people who talk, talk more about other things now.

But wait.
One domain is SkylandersGiants. The other is SkylandersGiantsGAME.

Yup, and your feeding into the last line of my quote. Good Job!
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Drobot4400 Green Sparx Gems: 243
#6 Posted: 17:17:29 22/01/2012
Wow, this seems awesome. I hope this dosen't get released TOO soon. I want to collect all the Skylanders and beat both games (console and 3DS) first. This seems pretty promising.
---
smilie smilie smilie l smilie smilie smilie l smilie smilie l smilie smilie l smilie l smilie smilie l smilie l smilie

(Hopefully) Coming Soon: smilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#7 Posted: 17:39:38 22/01/2012
That sounds pretty cool, but again it doesn't matter if they register as they could just be saving them for a possible future release.

Although, didn't the game mention that the original Skylander Champions or something were giants?
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
SilentButDeadly Gold Sparx Gems: 2086
#8 Posted: 17:42:06 22/01/2012
^ The "Elder Elementals"? I've read about those guys online, but where are they mentioned in the game?
---
#9 Posted: 17:50:12 22/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Yes, the Elder Elementals are mentioned in the game, being the most powerful of all Skylanders.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
SuperMegaBoss10 Green Sparx Gems: 461
#10 Posted: 17:51:22 22/01/2012
^ yeah, in a scroll.
---
Like A Boss!
Warnado13 Green Sparx Gems: 362
#11 Posted: 17:51:29 22/01/2012
That would be awesome if they appeared as the bad guys!
---
Skylanders: [smilie] [smiliesmilie] [smilie] [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmilie] [smiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmilie]
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#12 Posted: 18:05:34 22/01/2012
It sounds cool enough, but the name kind of throws me off. smilie

If this does turn out to be a sequel, it should come out maybe the end of this year. I want to collect all the characters first.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#13 Posted: 18:09:55 22/01/2012
Don't be discouraged fireball, Skylanders used to be known as "Spyro and the Monster Gang" but thank goood sense they changed it. No guarantee this is the definite final title.

I'm a little suprised they're already working on a sequel when we don't even have all the toys yet (when is Dragon's Peak coming out?).
Also, I like Skylanders okay, but will Spyro ever have a game that is just his?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#14 Posted: 18:19:02 22/01/2012
Oaky thanks. I should preorder...
How much are extra level packs? I wand Dragon's Peak and maybe Pirate Seas.
---
#15 Posted: 18:20:10 22/01/2012 | Topic Creator
$24.99 for the Adventure Packs.
---
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#16 Posted: 18:20:11 22/01/2012
Quote: Spyrobaro
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Don't be discouraged fireball, Skylanders used to be known as "Spyro and the Monster Gang" but thank goood sense they changed it. No guarantee this is the definite final title.

I'm a little suprised they're already working on a sequel when we don't even have all the toys yet (when is Dragon's Peak coming out?).
Also, I like Skylanders okay, but will Spyro ever have a game that is just his?

Everything will be out by Spring.
It was made "canon" by Acti.

...yeah. They should try my idea...

I wonder what the game would be about...
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:20:54 22/01/2012 by Fireball
#17 Posted: 18:26:10 22/01/2012
Maybe those elder elementals, or perhaps somthing like mind over mutant, where you pilot an additional creacture. Hm, I could see that. Maybe they'd release only a few characters and the res would be mounts or suits for existing characters. Or no new characters at all.
---
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#18 Posted: 18:29:03 22/01/2012
I hope dark52 finds out about this, just so he can do whatever he thinks is appropriate. whether it's saying it's news indeed, or it's just a rumor. I think this is news. smilie
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#19 Posted: 18:30:11 22/01/2012
Interesting concept. I hope if a game is coming out of this, that they will give it a while between the current Skylanders game and a new one.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
#20 Posted: 18:48:58 22/01/2012
Quote: Sunny Castanets
Interesting concept. I hope if a game is coming out of this, that they will give it a while between the current Skylanders game and a new one.

If the news is this early, Then I don't think they will give it a lot of time. Although I think they will take the same amount of time that they did on the 2 later LOS series.
---
#21 Posted: 18:59:24 22/01/2012
I just realized, Skylanders games won't take as long to finish now that the hardware (toys and portals) have been sorted out.

I still hope they take alot of time, and try to flesh out the characters in the next game. Along with that,I hope we get:

• Proper animations that match the motions, rather than a loop with audo over it
  • Proper CGI cutscenes
  • A somewhat deeper story (thought it could work without)
  • More inspired art style and design (but it could also work without)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:00:04 22/01/2012 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#22 Posted: 19:23:08 22/01/2012
This isn't much to go on... BUT, considering that we first heard the name change from Spyro's Kingdom to Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure through a domain change then maybe (just maybe) this is legit.
#23 Posted: 19:57:59 22/01/2012
Most likely, yes. I thought that was pretty obvious.

Edit:

Quote:
These giants possessed the powers of Light and Darkness within their flesh.

That's the quote from the story scroll.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:59:41 22/01/2012 by bionicle2809
#24 Posted: 20:19:28 22/01/2012
Hey I knew that they were going to make a sequel with these giants in it when they mentioned it in the first skylanders game.
---
#25 Posted: 20:28:20 22/01/2012
Quote: Forgotten World
Hey I knew that they were going to make a sequel with these giants in it when they mentioned it in the first skylanders game.

I think a lot of people did, this is just kind of confirmation
#26 Posted: 20:31:28 22/01/2012
I bet it IS about them, but IDK if the game will be called Skylanders Giants. I think there'sa more creative name for it out there somewhere.
---
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#27 Posted: 20:35:23 22/01/2012
I for one don't think it's too early at all for a sequel, and believe the second game will be out by the Christmas season. Why not right?

They have everything basically down pat. Obviously they'll create more characters, though I doubt as many as the original game, everyone will have completed the game by Christmas and all the character will have been released by then, so Christmas is the perfect time for a new release.

I never read any of the story scrolls so I hadn't heard about the giants, but from what everyone is saying, it seems like a legit plotline.

STILL WANT KAOS AS A CHARACTER IN THE SEQUEL.

Especially since he was sent to Earth and "Shrunk" at the end of this game (woops spoiler alert) just like the Skylanders did in the prequel to the game.
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#28 Posted: 20:51:34 22/01/2012
Well, its not necessarily confirmed, and we really couldn't have foreseen Skylanders doing so well. It was such a huge gamble, but it worked.

There's quite a lot of the series they could expand on. We've seen only a fraction of Skylands, there's a lot of places with very Roman or Greek looking architecture in some of the preview videos (or whatever that one that plays in game with the fat red dragon that sits on the sheep) that they could go with.

It would certainly make sense if they're pushing up all the releases
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#29 Posted: 20:55:57 22/01/2012
I think there's most certainly a large possibility of a sequel, and you can tell by reading the bottom of the label on the packaging of character packs. It reads...

"*Works with the original Skylanders Spyro's Adventure video game; sequel games may require different peripherals."

They've most certainly had the idea of a sequel in mind since the start. Though who knows what that disclaimer actually means. For all we know, it could mean nothing at all. We'll wait and see.
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
#30 Posted: 21:03:43 22/01/2012
Quote: DinoHex
I think there's most certainly a large possibility of a sequel, and you can tell by reading the bottom of the label on the packaging of character packs. It reads...

"*Works with the original Skylanders Spyro's Adventure video game; sequel games may require different peripherals."

They've most certainly had the idea of a sequel in mind since the start. Though who knows what that disclaimer actually means. For all we know, it could mean nothing at all. We'll wait and see.

I think they put that there just in case. I don't think they would have actually started to make a sequel until they knew that it would sell well. They probably mentioned the Elder Elementals so they had something to work with just in case they ever did make a sequel.
SilentButDeadly Gold Sparx Gems: 2086
#31 Posted: 21:10:29 22/01/2012
^ That or they just mentioned them for the sake of expanding a tiny bit on the skylanders' history, without necessarily foreshadowing any future game plots/characters. I'd still love to see them, though. And Nattybumpo.
---
#32 Posted: 00:51:31 23/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I hope they bring back the Toy Story writers.
---
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#33 Posted: 01:17:50 23/01/2012
How about this time we have the characters have depth and detail in-game instead of trailers and commericals
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#34 Posted: 02:19:13 23/01/2012
I also think it's too early for a sequel.

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the name was a line of larger action figures, when you think of it it kinda makes sense.
---
#all Spyros are valid
DarkSpyro12345 Green Sparx Gems: 148
#35 Posted: 04:26:30 23/01/2012
Isn't that the online game?
---
Got: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Want: smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#36 Posted: 04:49:28 23/01/2012 | Topic Creator
^ No, it's not.
---
Orohu Blue Sparx Gems: 704
#37 Posted: 05:26:02 23/01/2012
Hmm, I'd never noticed the disclaimer on the back of the toys, and I'd never read the Elders' scroll. I really need to pay more attention to these kinds of things.
NCStarscream Green Sparx Gems: 494
#38 Posted: 07:11:22 23/01/2012
Quote: Okaps
I also think it's too early for a sequel.

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the name was a line of larger action figures, when you think of it it kinda makes sense.

That's what I thought at first too, but I'm more inclined to think that the speculation related to the Story Scroll info is correct.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#39 Posted: 07:26:34 23/01/2012
I swear if we can't use old figures on this game, Im sleeping out side of target and/or Gamestop just to get the frickin' toy's.

We went to SEVEN STORES to find Cynder and Double Trouble. GUESS WHAT? NO TOY'S AT ALL.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Tramz Red Sparx Gems: 42
#40 Posted: 08:52:59 23/01/2012
Quote: parisruelz12
I swear if we can't use old figures on this game, Im sleeping out side of target and/or Gamestop just to get the frickin' toy's.

We went to SEVEN STORES to find Cynder and Double Trouble. GUESS WHAT? NO TOY'S AT ALL.

They need to keep these original ones compatible, but they really need to add new ones, too. Gotta keep the collectible nature of the game rolling to move the franchise forward.

I hear you though. The search does get old. Besides, I think the people at Gamestop were starting to look at me funny. Like, "Here's this guy again."
---
M: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] T: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] U: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] L: [smiliesmilie] F: [smiliesmilie] E: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] A: [smiliesmilie] W: [smiliesmiliesmilie]
#41 Posted: 21:00:54 23/01/2012
Do you suppose this is an official logo?
http://twitter.com/SkylandersGiant

Also, I for one don't think they'll announce it at the 2012 Toys Fair in February this time, not with Toys still pending release.
---
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#42 Posted: 21:01:35 23/01/2012
It is not, an "S" is missing at the end of the twitter account
#43 Posted: 21:04:01 23/01/2012
I figured.
---
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#44 Posted: 21:17:33 23/01/2012
This Autumn or next Autumn... While, this year, its not too early, I suspect kids will still be trying to finish their original collections. Plus, Acti will have a ton of leftover Skylanders from this round they'll want to be rid of before a sequel.

Also, giants? Sooo, Skylanders but bigger? smilie
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me